Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Linda, what do you mean, "you fell"? Explain please! And how is the new house coming along?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Linda, what do you mean, "you fell"? Explain please! And how is the new house coming along?

Hi Chris! I fell a few days after we moved. I hurt my knees & elbow. I hurt my right hand too. I am only able to do so much with it. It is a bit better. My dd cleaned the new cuboards & unpacked all the kitchen boxes & put them away. I still need to put together my cubes for my scraproom.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

YEAH!!! MY new scrapdesk is now put together. MY son & his friend did it. IT is sooo pretty. I am very happy now. It is much more spacvious than I thought it would be. IT helps that my son gave me a flat monitor so I do not need my old one. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good afternoon dear friends, I am so happy to be back.

I was putting things on my desk. I am so glad because the cubbies on the hutch are much deeper & taller than I thought. YEA!! I wasn't sure how wide the top would be. IT is a great size. WHOOHOO
I am so happy that my Big Shot fits on top. I wasn't sure where to put it. I did buy the 4 cube drawers for my dies. I am so happy that with my flat moniter, I have plenty of room to use it on my desk. WHOOHOO. I do not have a table anymore. After I finish, I will see if there is room for one.
I had this pretty green & pink glass vase with pink & white roses in it. I am so happy that I think it will fit on top too.

Resident
In response to anda11

Finally , my daughter will start basketball tomorrow, so I will be scrapbooking that Also need to get her halloween stuff scraped! I got pretty far behind!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Laura40

• Laura40 Said:
Finally , my daughter will start basketball tomorrow, so I will be scrapbooking that Also need to get her halloween stuff scraped! I got pretty far behind!

Hey Laura Glad to talk to you! I love scrapping sports pics. I bet you are so excited to have her start that. I love halloween pages too. I know you will enjoy scrapping them too. THat isn't too far behind.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening dear friends, I put away part of a box. yeah. LOL I am going to work on my cards now. I think my hand is much better. YEAH
my cards are calling me.

Edited by anda11 on 11-30-12 05:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I only need to ink the small circles & 10 of the medium. I am going to do that now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

they are all inked, now I need to make a hat sample. Then I need to draw faces & greetings before I adhere

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to anda11

Linda I am glad you are feeling better and are getting some of your "toys" unpacked. I'm sure you will love getting back to it. Your cards are all so pretty that you have in the gallery.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Linda I am glad you are feeling better and are getting some of your "toys" unpacked. I'm sure you will love getting back to it. Your cards are all so pretty that you have in the gallery.

Thanks Sheryl, I can't wait to unpack my scrap stuff. Still need my cubes built. I had such fun working on them last night. It was the first thing I was able to do.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, This is going to be a great day. My hand feels great! I think I can do anything now. Dh said he was going to build my cubes today. I am able to help him now. Then I can put my stuff away.
We are both going to finish the kitchen first. We had our stove & mike delivered on Fri. He just went to HD to get us some mike cupboards. Both of ours were built in. WE are going to do that & try to get the dining table cleared. I am thrilled to be able to help. Then comes my room. YEAH

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

So happy for you Linda that your hands are feeling better and you are able to get more organized!
I still have cards to do....maybe tomorrow I`ll be able to make a few more and then I`ll mail them on Monday (to New Zealand)...

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
So happy for you Linda that your hands are feeling better and you are able to get more organized!
I still have cards to do....maybe tomorrow I`ll be able to make a few more and then I`ll mail them on Monday (to New Zealand)...

Alison

Thanks Alison, I sure hope that you do get them done then so you can mail them. WE are still doing the mike cabinets. Dh is not very fast at making these. Some of the screws were missing so he had to go back & get more so he is still doing the 1st cupboard. I still hope he does my cuubes today but if he doesn't, I am sure he will tomorrow. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good evening everyone, My dh had such a hard time building those cupboards. he took them bsck to home depot. They have such great customer service to us recently. The girl built them for him. he made a mistake but it was printed wrong. Now he is sore from doing that & some other things but hopefully we can do our cubes tomorrow. We had a nice dinner put & went grocery shopping now that we can cook. lol

Diva
In response to anda11

SOunds great inspite of the issues with the cubes!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Glad you're getting moved in and settled in your new house, Linda. Moving is surely a chore and especially so when you've lived in a previous house "forever". It's too bad your dh had problems with the shelves, but hopefully you'll soon get everything just the way you want so you'll have a Happy Place to scrap ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
SOunds great inspite of the issues with the cubes!

It was the microwave cupboards that we had a problem with, THat is done. Dh is still too sore cause he had to do some things for the house repair & is bad now so we have to wait on the cubes f or my scraproom. that is is ok.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Glad you're getting moved in and settled in your new house, Linda. Moving is surely a chore and especially so when you've lived in a previous house "forever". It's too bad your dh had problems with the shelves, but hopefully you'll soon get everything just the way you want so you'll have a Happy Place to scrap ~Judy

Hi Judy, Nice you checked in. The microwave things are done so now we can work on the cubes for my room buut he is way too sore cause he had to do some home repair. I am ok with waiting.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, I am in my scrap room working on my cards. I do not have a table yet so I am using my tv stand to scrap on. lol

I am desperate to see my bff so I asked her if she was able to go to the scrap store that is 3 miles away & work on stuff asap. OR at least go out for dinner & shopping which is all 3 miles away. lol She comes from out of town. I do not have a table yet for us to work on here. The dining table is nice & big but it is still full of things that we are working on finding homes for or getting more storage things for yet. I haven't seen her for 2 or 3 months due to moving & she being very busy. I am awaiting her call

Edited by anda11 on 12-05-12 01:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello everyone, I am working on my scraproom a bit. Dh started building my cubes again. He has built one a few weeks ago.
my bff called. WE are probable going to meet next week.

Diva
In response to anda11

Hope to finish decorating my little apartment for the holidays, clean up my scrapbook, go to church on SUnday to see the Children's Christmas play and if I can...maybe take a nap in between!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Hope to finish decorating my little apartment for the holidays, clean up my scrapbook, go to church on SUnday to see the Children's Christmas play and if I can...maybe take a nap in between!

I hope you get your apartment decorated. I hope that you get your scrap stuff cleaned. THat Christmas play sounds like so much fun. I do hope you are able to nap.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Hi Linda!!!!

I've been in a no scrappy funk lately LOL

I went to Massachusetts for 3 weeks, and then I flared quite badly for a month,,,,,I think my flare is finally over, and the joints are feeling a bit better, and I have 873 thousand things to do

I need to finish my Christmas cards
clean the house
Hanukkah starts TOMORROW night, so I have cooking and wrapping to do for that,,,,,
Hanukkah shopping is done, but not the Christmas shopping (the joys of a mixed marriage LOL)

I'm going to be crazy!!!!

Hope you've been well!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, I am in my room to work on my cards. I want to finish them asap. My bff may not be able to scrap next week so I may not be able to do them then. We are going to have dinner at least. I did find my adhesive box & pen box. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Linda!!!!

I've been in a no scrappy funk lately LOL

I went to Massachusetts for 3 weeks, and then I flared quite badly for a month,,,,,I think my flare is finally over, and the joints are feeling a bit better, and I have 873 thousand things to do

I need to finish my Christmas cards
clean the house
Hanukkah starts TOMORROW night, so I have cooking and wrapping to do for that,,,,,
Hanukkah shopping is done, but not the Christmas shopping (the joys of a mixed marriage LOL)

I'm going to be crazy!!!!

Hope you've been well!

OH dear Holly, So good to talk to you. I knew you were gone. I am so sad to hear that you were having flares. Do not feel bad for taking a scrap break... you always produce such wonderful stuff so fast. Everyone gets that way sometimes. YOu were not feeling well either. I am glad you are feeling better so you may do all those holiday preparations with ease. I am glad you got part of your shopping done. Since you are super woman anyway, I know you will be able to do it all. So glad you are back.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

LOL, super woman, I am NOT, but I do what I must

complicate this weekend with a granddaughter's sixth birthday AND birthday party at Chuckey Cheese's and her first cheer competition,,,,,

and shopping, wrapping, cooking, Hanukkah,,

fortunately, I am not hosting a first night party for Hanukkah (thank god) and won't have my entire family here until NEXT weekend for LAST night,,,,,

well, let's just say I'm relieved.

Glad you found your pen and adhesive boxes I can't wait to see the cards you turn out

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I cried "mercy" today and bought some Christmas cards. (Note to Self: 1st New Years Resolution for 2013—Begin making cards for next Christmas as soon as the decorations are packed away from this Christmas!). I usually do a letter-size page of photos of us, our kids and grandkids, with some type of theme tying them all together. My brain won't come up with a theme, but everyone expects it to be included in their card, plus I give our kids a framed copy. I also need to get three calendars made at snapfish and I put lots of work into those, so with baking and decorating still to do, and time for fun stuff with family and church friends, store-bought cards it will be for this year.

Holly—I'm so glad I don't have a mixed marriage. I'm having trouble getting through Christmas. I can't imagine adding Hanukkah to the mix! Definitely sounds like double the work!

I keep telling Hubby that we're getting too old for all the decorating, but he's not convinced. We've spent several hours on the tree...and the back that no one sees is finally finished :>) Tomorrow I'll work on the front and he'll begin climbing trees in the front yard, putting up the 40+/- strands of lights that light up our street, along with lots of other decorations. The sad thing is that we live on a cul-de-sac so not many people see all of his work, but each year neighbors who have moved away bring their kids/grandkids by to see his handiwork. He may be 70, but he's still a little boy at heart and this is his excuse every year to go climb the trees lol ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi guys, I am now going to work on my cards again. I got distracted yesterday lol Dh is working on of my drawer cubes.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to anda11

Oh, Judy, all the decorating and fuss is definitely worth it!! Happy first night of Hanukah, Holly!! Linda, glad you are back to scrapping!!

I wanted to do an advent caledar this year, but couldn't come up with a great idea...so on to other things. But for the last week, my son has been saying, "Mommy, how many days until Santa comes?" So out to the $ store I went today, I bought a cookie sheet, and 2 pkgs of holiday erasers, because there were 12 in a pack, a variety of holiday shapes n themes, n I didn't feel like searching for 24 individual knickknacks, n that was it. Joanns had a coil of magnetic sticky tape, so add a few sheets of coordinating scrap paper I already own, and for $3.79 plus tax, I have all the ingredients for a homemade Advent calendar! The paper is gonna be cut in squares, stamped with a number, n glued on the metal cookie sheet. The erasers have already had the magnet stuck on to fit, So once I punch out the papers n glue, we have a quick n easy pretty way to count down the days! I cant take all the credit, I saw it in a craft magazine, and am adapting it to my laziness and craftability. I will show pics later when I am done!!

Edited by Juansmom on 12-08-12 04:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have such a sweet dh. He is going to get us food so he said he would get me some cardstock so I can finish my cards. Our buyers told us that we could just leave anything we were going to throw away & they would have their guys move it to the trash since dave's back was so bad. How lucky we were for that. I left all my cardstock thousands of sheets. lots of it I got at a clearance place so I got reams for 2 bucks so I didn't feel bad leaving it. I also left tons of print too because I had massive amounts since I had been buying since 97 & I do cards. I am glad to not have so much to deal with. I did bring tons of print paper with me.

melissasmith
Veteran
melissasmith
In response to anda11

I finally got an advent calendar done! So excited. I think it turned out bright and happy! Would love you to see and link your advent calendars if you have any. Love to see them!

http://thesmithgirlsspot.blogspot.com/

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I haven't gotten my cards done yet. I was going to work on them last night but dd came over & we visited with her. She came over tonight too. It felt so good to see her. She works exactly 2 miles from the old house so she would stop in more. My son lived 3 miles away & he would come over more.
He is moving next month anyway. It is only like 14 miles now but it was easier for them to stop on thier way somewhere.

I am going to work on them a bit now. I am making the hat for the sample.

Edited by anda11 on 12-10-12 07:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

Sorry about being MIA for so long. I started making some big life style changes. IE diet, working out trying to stop bad habits Ect. The last few week I start working on getting thing made for the house for Christmas. However, starting this week got super sick ended up in the ER twice.

However, I did find out some good news, I am about 11 week Pregnant.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Stephanie D

Congrats, Stephanie!! Great news for you...probably explains the trips to the ER??

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Juansmom

We did find out about it at our first Trip to the ER. However I just need to get a breathing treatment for my Asthma and a RX for Bronchitis.

When we moved here last year none of the home owner used the wood burning stoves in the winter. In the last few weeks it like everyone one is using them when they can the smoke kills me.

Thank you

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hey guys, My goal for the weekend is to finish my cards & write the letter & get them ready for mailing. We have been xmas shopping & grocery shopping the last couple days. I know I need to read all your posts too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hello guys, I am doing laundry, cooking & my cards. I want to finish them soon.
I have great scrappy news Those 6 cube things that won't hold 12x12 do have fabric bins that do fit into them. I didn't realize that Walmart had pink ones. I am so excited. They hold so much.
They were only 4 bucks. my big bling fit at an angle & there is a huge space for all the other sizes of it. I am going to store tons of stuff in them. They also had small pink fabric bins that fit on top. They were 2 bucks. They hold so much too. I am very excited. I am now considering keeping them since they hold so much with the bins.
one small one holds my xyron 250.
Mikes receipt says returns are up to 90 days.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

Congratulations Stephanie....what a wonderful Christmas surprise!

Linda, I'm glad you found a use for your stacking cubes....

I'm trying to finish up some Christmas cards as well.....if I could only get my cameo figured out!

Alison

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kiyawinn

Congratulations, Stephanie,,,,,,,

are you sure you want to do such a crazy---

never mind.

I'm teasing, obviously

I wish you the best,,,and a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby Is it your first?

Diva

I did all my gift wrapping, and cards for the cancer center and the office. I also made the scrapbook for the office. Got my sisters gifts ready to be mailed today after work. I need to complete the box for the swap and mail it tomorrow. Finishing up tonight cards fro friends and family to be int he mail tomorrow after work! Apartment all decorated for Christmas. Getting ready to go to Magic Kingdom on the 29 with daughters and grandsons. I have just to buythe gift for my two grandsons, one toy for each. Money is very tight but we can workout miracles!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton

Trying to find a few minutes this morning to print some of last year's Christmas photos to scrap. My desk has been used as the present wrapping center, so I've got to clear up that mess to scrap.

Diva
In response to DaisyButton

I just need to sign my Christmas cards for friends and family tonight so I can mail them tomorrow am!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

Yes this one will be my first child. I know its going to be a long long 9 month. For some reason I can now smell everything and I mean everything.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I am just checking in for a moment. I know I still need to read all the posts yet. I have all the snowmen heads papers adhered. YEAH!!I sure didn't get my cards done this weekend. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good morning dear friends, I am hoping to get my cards done today. Then I have to write a letter & stickle them. Wish good thoughts that I do get far. I think I lost a couple days there. I did not realize how soon Xmas is till last night.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 12-21-12 03:46 AM
In response to anda11

I just got my cards in the mail on Monday!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

stephanie, the smells are one of the worst parts of pregnancy. I worked in a diner, and could not tolerate the smell of chopped steak, but a cheeseburger was ok. I had a customer who came in weekly and ordered chop steak. I had to have another server take the order to him. Someone at lunch brought in ham dinner, almost set me over the edge. The worst was I could not stand the smell/taste of my boyfriends mouth...his kisses repulsed me! He had never had bad breath before, so I could not understand it! I bit my tongue tho, because I love him!! Good luck!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Juansmom

We will see how bad it is christmas since, I have to make two type of fish one for DH and one for MIL. Pretty much chrismas has turned in to me being a short order cook for people this year. This is my big project for the season. The wreath I made based off a ideal i got from pinsterest and the stocking just kind help pull it all togeather.

Edited by Stephanie D on 12-23-12 03:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Very pretty Stephanie

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to SherylEb

December is such a busy month for us that I haven't gotten crafty a whole lot lately. I did 1 double page layout (unfinished!) and 3 Christmas tags (finished). Can't wait to get back to business

Happy Friday Eve everyone!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
LOL, super woman, I am NOT, but I do what I must

complicate this weekend with a granddaughter's sixth birthday AND birthday party at Chuckey Cheese's and her first cheer competition,,,,,

and shopping, wrapping, cooking, Hanukkah,,

fortunately, I am not hosting a first night party for Hanukkah (thank god) and won't have my entire family here until NEXT weekend for LAST night,,,,,

well, let's just say I'm relieved.

Glad you found your pen and adhesive boxes I can't wait to see the cards you turn out

Holly, you seem like Superwomen to us all the time. lol I did not wish you a Happy Hanukkah either. I am sorry. I hope you had fun at the birthday party.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I cried "mercy" today and bought some Christmas cards. (Note to Self: 1st New Years Resolution for 2013—Begin making cards for next Christmas as soon as the decorations are packed away from this Christmas!). I usually do a letter-size page of photos of us, our kids and grandkids, with some type of theme tying them all together. My brain won't come up with a theme, but everyone expects it to be included in their card, plus I give our kids a framed copy. I also need to get three calendars made at snapfish and I put lots of work into those, so with baking and decorating still to do, and time for fun stuff with family and church friends, store-bought cards it will be for this year.

Holly—I'm so glad I don't have a mixed marriage. I'm having trouble getting through Christmas. I can't imagine adding Hanukkah to the mix! Definitely sounds like double the work!

I keep telling Hubby that we're getting too old for all the decorating, but he's not convinced. We've spent several hours on the tree...and the back that no one sees is finally finished :>) Tomorrow I'll work on the front and he'll begin climbing trees in the front yard, putting up the 40+/- strands of lights that light up our street, along with lots of other decorations. The sad thing is that we live on a cul-de-sac so not many people see all of his work, but each year neighbors who have moved away bring their kids/grandkids by to see his handiwork. He may be 70, but he's still a little boy at heart and this is his excuse every year to go climb the trees lol ~Judy

Hey Judy do not feel bad about buying cards at all. Sometimes we have to do it. I do it some years myself. I hope you got all you dec & lights up.

Edited by anda11 on 12-27-12 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Oh, Judy, all the decorating and fuss is definitely worth it!! Happy first night of Hanukah, Holly!! Linda, glad you are back to scrapping!!

I wanted to do an advent caledar this year, but couldn't come up with a great idea...so on to other things. But for the last week, my son has been saying, "Mommy, how many days until Santa comes?" So out to the $ store I went today, I bought a cookie sheet, and 2 pkgs of holiday erasers, because there were 12 in a pack, a variety of holiday shapes n themes, n I didn't feel like searching for 24 individual knickknacks, n that was it. Joanns had a coil of magnetic sticky tape, so add a few sheets of coordinating scrap paper I already own, and for $3.79 plus tax, I have all the ingredients for a homemade Advent calendar! The paper is gonna be cut in squares, stamped with a number, n glued on the metal cookie sheet. The erasers have already had the magnet stuck on to fit, So once I punch out the papers n glue, we have a quick n easy pretty way to count down the days! I cant take all the credit, I saw it in a craft magazine, and am adapting it to my laziness and craftability. I will show pics later when I am done!!

Hi Chris, Your advent calender sounds cute. I hope that you got it done. I know your sone will love it. show us when done

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

From 12/22 to 12/26 I did eight layouts! I hadn't done any since late October (I was sick for a while in November, and when I wasn't sick I was pouring my energies into card-making and gift-making). That's probably it for the year though; I need to get some specific paper (that I can't find locally) and print some photos (TONS of them) in order to do much else.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to melissasmith

• melissasmith Said:
I finally got an advent calendar done! So excited. I think it turned out bright and happy! Would love you to see and link your advent calendars if you have any. Love to see them!

http://thesmithgirlsspot.blogspot.com/

Hi Melissa, Your advent calendar is amazing! I love everything about it. Congrats on getting it done.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

I think a table is needed for scrapbooking and mine seems to be buried. I guess housecleaning will have to come before scrapping ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
Sorry about being MIA for so long. I started making some big life style changes. IE diet, working out trying to stop bad habits Ect. The last few week I start working on getting thing made for the house for Christmas. However, starting this week got super sick ended up in the ER twice.

However, I did find out some good news, I am about 11 week Pregnant.

OH STEPH ! CONGRATULATION on your baby news. Well that is worth going to the er for. lol

I hope you go finished making your decorations.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
We did find out about it at our first Trip to the ER. However I just need to get a breathing treatment for my Asthma and a RX for Bronchitis.

When we moved here last year none of the home owner used the wood burning stoves in the winter. In the last few weeks it like everyone one is using them when they can the smoke kills me.

Thank you

I am glad you got something for your asthma. I hope they quit having fires. maybe they are having them for the holidays.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Congratulations Stephanie....what a wonderful Christmas surprise!

Linda, I'm glad you found a use for your stacking cubes....

I'm trying to finish up some Christmas cards as well.....if I could only get my cameo figured out!

Alison

Hi Alison, I hope that you were able to get the Cameo figured out & finished your cards.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I did all my gift wrapping, and cards for the cancer center and the office. I also made the scrapbook for the office. Got my sisters gifts ready to be mailed today after work. I need to complete the box for the swap and mail it tomorrow. Finishing up tonight cards fro friends and family to be int he mail tomorrow after work! Apartment all decorated for Christmas. Getting ready to go to Magic Kingdom on the 29 with daughters and grandsons. I have just to buythe gift for my two grandsons, one toy for each. Money is very tight but we can workout miracles!

You sure got lots of stuff done.

I know you will have such a blast at the Magic Kingdom with your kids & grand kids. ENJOY EVERY MINUUTE

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DaisyButton

• DaisyButton Said:
Trying to find a few minutes this morning to print some of last year's Christmas photos to scrap. My desk has been used as the present wrapping center, so I've got to clear up that mess to scrap.

I hope that you got last years Christmas pics printed. I hope you found your desk. Mine is our wrap center too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I just need to sign my Christmas cards for friends and family tonight so I can mail them tomorrow am!

Congrats on getting them done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
Yes this one will be my first child. I know its going to be a long long 9 month. For some reason I can now smell everything and I mean everything.

I hope that you have an easy pregnancy & I wish you the best wishes & that everything goes ok. I hope that the smells subside so you do not get sick from them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to IzzyB

• IzzyB Said:
I just got my cards in the mail on Monday!

Way to go Izzy!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda, did you get your cute snowman cards finished and mailed? I might do them for next Christmas. Maybe I'll begin them as soon as I uncover my work table and get all my supplies back together again. My bin of Nesties is at my daughter's. Since she got a bunch for Christmas, mine had better find their way home soon lol ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
We will see how bad it is christmas since, I have to make two type of fish one for DH and one for MIL. Pretty much chrismas has turned in to me being a short order cook for people this year. This is my big project for the season. The wreath I made based off a ideal i got from pinsterest and the stocking just kind help pull it all togeather.

Oh Steph those decorations are fabulous! You did a good job on them
I hope you did not get sick on Christmas dinner.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
December is such a busy month for us that I haven't gotten crafty a whole lot lately. I did 1 double page layout (unfinished!) and 3 Christmas tags (finished). Can't wait to get back to business

Happy Friday Eve everyone!!

Hey Kim, glad you are checking in too. At least you got the two page lo done & the tags. YEAH Hope you are able to craft soon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
From 12/22 to 12/26 I did eight layouts! I hadn't done any since late October (I was sick for a while in November, and when I wasn't sick I was pouring my energies into card-making and gift-making). That's probably it for the year though; I need to get some specific paper (that I can't find locally) and print some photos (TONS of them) in order to do much else.

WAY TO GO Bunny. That is a lot of pages. SOmetimes you have to make other things when you are not feeling well I hope you are feeling much better.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I think a table is needed for scrapbooking and mine seems to be buried. I guess housecleaning will have to come before scrapping ~Judy

I think you are correct Judy! lol I hope you are able to get it done asap.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Linda, did you get your cute snowman cards finished and mailed? I might do them for next Christmas. Maybe I'll begin them as soon as I uncover my work table and get all my supplies back together again. My bin of Nesties is at my daughter's. Since she got a bunch for Christmas, mine had better find their way home soon lol ~Judy

Well Judy, I have not finished them yet. I am sending them late. lol When I work on them my hand would have spasms so I just worked on them a bit at a time. Then we got very busy. I am going to work on them again.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

One year I sent Valentines to everyone since I hadn't gotten cards ready for the previous Christmas. People really liked it, since I included a newsy letter and they had time to actually read it. I didn't send pictures or a letter this year, so I'm thinking about sending Easter cards and including the letter and photo page. We'll see... ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
One year I sent Valentines to everyone since I hadn't gotten cards ready for the previous Christmas. People really liked it, since I included a newsy letter and they had time to actually read it. I didn't send pictures or a letter this year, so I'm thinking about sending Easter cards and including the letter and photo page. We'll see... ~Judy

Well Judy, I used to send Valentines, easter cards, halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmaas. I used to send them to my friends & family but after my mom died, I started sending to her addy book too. Some were her friends as a child & lot were family. I used to send 50 ea time.
Lots of them were older people whho really looked forward to it. My mom taught me how to make cards as a child so we always sent when I was growing up. WE had such fun. Now I do it in honor of her.
She sure would have loved the stamps & papers today. We did keep stuff in scrapbooks too but the old fashioned way. lol she would love the lss too.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• mrsdriver5 Said:

What a great idea, Judy!! I didn't get Christmas cards out this year, so I think I'll do Valentines Day cards instead!!
And I have a long weekend crop coming up at the end of January which will give me plenty of time to get them done. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Can't wait to see the snowman cards, Linda! I LOVE snowmen! I just used the snowman blueprint stamp on one of my Christmas tags last week. Love him!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Can't wait to see the snowman cards, Linda! I LOVE snowmen! I just used the snowman blueprint stamp on one of my Christmas tags last week. Love him!!

I will post them when I am done. I do love snowmen.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to work on my cards now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

That was a lie...I did not work on my cards

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to anda11

Linda...do you still have the link where you got the directions for your snowman cards? I looked at it when you posted it and now I have lost it..forgot to bookmark! I loved the cards and am thinking of making them for next year! I am very slow so would have to start in January just to have them ready by December of 2013!! If you have the link, would you please re-post it? thanks.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to bears99

I got some photos I wanna see if I can scrap I found some great sketches on Pinterest and I have a few birthday cards to make.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bears99

Here it is. I usually work on holiday cards all through the year if I know what I am doing. lol

telescoping snowman card

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

I got some photos I wanna see if I can scrap I found some great sketches on Pinterest and I have a few birthday cards to make.

The reason I have not been working in them is cause I have been n PInterest. which I love sooo many ideas.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to anda11

oh me to hey its so bad

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

oh me to hey its so bad

I think that is true for most people. lol
I am going to work on my cards today & I have to clean the kitchen & cook something too. I am going to start on Pinterest

Diva
In response to anda11

I overwork making cards, gifts, etc..this week...just chilling with the family...but I do miss working on my scrapbooking!

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

Oh yes! I just started on Pinterest a few days ago. It's really addicting!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to julie101

I want to finish my December Daily album! I have the photos and tons of supplies....I just need to get down and do it!
I think when I'm done this, I'm just going to concentrate on 12x12 layouts. I'm not doing any mini books this coming year!
I've done Project Life, December Daily, an Alphabet Book, a Smash book, the time capsule mini book....all this year....I'm so over doing mini books. I want to get back to doing layouts 'cause I actually miss them!

Alison

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:

I know how that goes!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

I'm afraid to get started on Pinterest-I can barely keep up with all the great ideas on here!
Too many things I want to do and nowhere near enough time to get them all done

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Alison - was it you that posted about a technique book by Vicki Boutin?! I'm thinking it was....anyway--I got it for Christmas and it is absolutely TOO MUCH FUN!!!

I have a long weekend crop coming up at the end of January and I can't WAIT to try almost every single page in there!! I'm reading the book (for the 2nd time now!) with a pad and pen making a list of things I need to be sure and pack for the crop.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

Hoping to get a few more layouts done after work tonight to boost my 2012 total a bit.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I overwork making cards, gifts, etc..this week...just chilling with the family...but I do miss working on my scrapbooking!

Oh well, Have fun with your family. It sounds like you have been busy doing scrappy things.
You deserve a break

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
Oh yes! I just started on Pinterest a few days ago. It's really addicting!

I am kinda a newbie too. I just started a few months ago I think. I always foget it. It is addicting. That is what I have been doing this am.:)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I want to finish my December Daily album! I have the photos and tons of supplies....I just need to get down and do it!
I think when I'm done this, I'm just going to concentrate on 12x12 layouts. I'm not doing any mini books this coming year!
I've done Project Life, December Daily, an Alphabet Book, a Smash book, the time capsule mini book....all this year....I'm so over doing mini books. I want to get back to doing layouts 'cause I actually miss them!

Alison

Hi Alison, It sounds like you have gotten quite a bit of that stuff done. YEAH!! I do not blame you for wanting to change it up a bit.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • anda11 Said:

I know how that goes!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I'm afraid to get started on Pinterest-I can barely keep up with all the great ideas on here!
Too many things I want to do and nowhere near enough time to get them all done

I used to feel that way because there is everything already here. I love the gallery here. I will not stop looking at it daily either. lol
I know you will love it. you can just say I am only going to spend 1 hour looking. lol

Edited by anda11 on 12-31-12 12:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Hoping to get a few more layouts done after work tonight to boost my 2012 total a bit.

Hi Bunny, I hope that you get them done too.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Alison - was it you that posted about a technique book by Vicki Boutin?! I'm thinking it was....anyway--I got it for Christmas and it is absolutely TOO MUCH FUN!!!

I have a long weekend crop coming up at the end of January and I can't WAIT to try almost every single page in there!! I'm reading the book (for the 2nd time now!) with a pad and pen making a list of things I need to be sure and pack for the crop.

I did post about the book, "Creative Foundations" and I love it too!
I'm actually considering a Cruise and Crop where Vicki will be the guest teacher.....DH and I are thinking about it. It's not until Feb. 2014 but we need to decide before it's all booked up....

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

It is great that I was pinning cards... I found the card I want to do next year. There is one here too. IT is a pink Christmas tree. Someone used pink ink on the tree. the Pin one was copied from Splitcoast stampers. They had pink cards & mats but they had the tree decorated with sparkly things. the one here is on white card. it is just stamped.My mom had a white tree but she decorated it with pink ornaments & garlands. She had a piece of hot pink velvet as the bottoms. Everyon called it her pink tree. They still do. I am going to make those. I am going to start them as soon as I finsish this years. I wonder if any of my tree stamps will work?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

here are the 3 cards I was talking about
love them all

http://yvettespapergarden .wordpress.com/2011/12/04/chri...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2082650 ...

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics