Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good morning dear friends, just checking in real quick.. I am going to make one of those fab piano cards that I found on the Sihouette plus site. I saw them on Pinterest & loved them. I did not even know they were a machine. lol I am going to hope that it works as successfully as my 1st cuts were. I have not cut anything else on mine due to my being headachey recently.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-28-13 08:10 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, which piano cards are you talking about? I've seen a few but they are all so different... one has a machine in it?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Judy, which piano cards are you talking about? I've seen a few but they are all so different... one has a machine in it?

hi Vae, It is one that is 3d if you want it to be. It is a grand piano. They are decorating it with beautiful flowers. Did you get the Silhouette plus site? It is private people. They have tons of tips, tutorials, hundreds of free images. the images are all silhouette ones I found a ton. I will send you the link showing the piano. Look at their bb to see everything. They answer questions about cameo.
I cut one & it did not look right or cut right so I changed the speed & this one looks promising.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Judy, which piano cards are you talking about? I've seen a few but they are all so different... one has a machine in it?

hi Vae, It is one that is 3d if you want it to be. It is a grand piano. They are decorating it with beautiful flowers. Did you get the Silhouette plus site? It is private people. They have tons of tips, tutorials, hundreds of free images. the images are all silhouette ones I found a ton. I will send you the link showing the piano. Look at their bb to see everything. They answer questions about cameo.
I cut one & it did not look right or cut right so I changed the speed & this one looks promising.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

I just sent it

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-28-13 11:11 AM
In response to anda11

Thanks so much Linda! I got your PM and was able to download it. I'll try cutting it here in a bit.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

I am going to keep working on it myself. Isn't a cool card?

Diva
In response to Stephanie D

Going to an all night crop at the Scrapbook fair on Friday so I will make my 60 cards that night! Big project, but I want to be done with it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Going to an all night crop at the Scrapbook fair on Friday so I will make my 60 cards that night! Big project, but I want to be done with it!

CONGRATS in going to the scrapbook fair.
I know you can finish 60 cards.. Have a blast doing it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-29-13 11:51 AM
In response to anda11

Wow! It takes me all weekend to make 3 cards. I can't even imagine 60 in one night! Awesome!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so EXCITED!!!! I just signed up for National scrapbook day at Archivers. IT is 10 bucks for 12 hours. My friends invited me to another store but it would have been triple the price. I love archivers. I can't wait. I have to get my stuff ready now. WHOOHOO

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

I have made that many cards before. If you do them in steps. It also helps if you have friends & chocolate & great music. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I need to get ready for Sat. I am going to try to find a pic of Mom in front of lilacs when she was 13. I am going to print a couple of the girls with lilacs vintage images that are glorious so I can find a paper at As when I go. I am leaning towards the graphic 45 calendar one if it will work with everything. It has lilacs on it. I do hope it will work. lol here it is

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-30-13 07:17 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, that is awesome about Archivers!! I wish we had one close to me. My LSS is having a crop but I think I'm going to stay home for this one. I've still not gotten up the courage to try to do a crop and pack up all my stuff. Maybe next time. LOL.

How did the piano card turn out?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

WHOOHOO.. I found the pic.. after only 8 pictures lol I thought she was standing in front of the lilacs. I thought she was smaller but she is standing in the lilacs while holding some. She has a pretty light dress. I am in tears because the gorgeous vintage pics look just like this.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Linda, that is awesome about Archivers!! I wish we had one close to me. My LSS is having a crop but I think I'm going to stay home for this one. I've still not gotten up the courage to try to do a crop and pack up all my stuff. Maybe next time. LOL.

How did the piano card turn out?

I have to be honest & say that when I go crop, I preplan & pack extra light. I only take one med rolly bag. Then I take another if I need the stuff. It fits on the other one. That is all I take even for 12 hours. I preplan & lay the layouts in one of those 12x12 artbin plastic boxes that is 2 inches high. Then i take another if I plan more. I usually try to precut anything so I do not take a die cuut machine. I can always cut when I get home & finish. I love cropping with others. I have not fiinished it yet. I started to get ready for Sat. I did find my music paper thankfully for the inside.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

As I am looking at mom's pic..it sure looks like it is white lilacs. Her dress looks white too. It is a summer dress so it could be her 13th birthday. I have been getting purple lilac images. It is good because her fav color was lavender/purple so I want to do that. I printed 4 of those glorious images of girls/lilacs. I am so happy. I love them so much so would mom.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hello dear friends, today I am going to preplan some layouts for NSD.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

It sounds like you have some beautiful LOs planned, Linda. It must be something about the name "Judy"...I also love lilacs and purple :>) It sounds like some projects you'll really enjoy working on~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
It sounds like you have some beautiful LOs planned, Linda. It must be something about the name "Judy"...I also love lilacs and purple :>) It sounds like some projects you'll really enjoy working on~Judy

Thanks Judy, this one is going to be beautiful but it is due to the fact that I printed some amazing vintage lilac & girl images. I do hope they have a paper that will work.
It must be a Judy thing. Her bedroom was lavender for years.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Mine too :>) Actually, from the time I was 3 until 8 or 9, it wasn't lavender. It was PURPLE...think Barney :>) And I loved it. For a few years I had a basic light blue room, then in the next house I was in 8th grade and got a grown-up bedroom set (which I still use, except for the bed frame) and lavender walls with an oh-so-pretty white with lavender flowers, ruffly bedspread, which I'm trying to make myself throw out, but I keep pulling it back out of the trash. I know I won't use it and miles of ruffle need to be sewn back on, but it's so pretty :>) Enjoy working on your LOs. ~Judy

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Hello, girlies! The Bling Queen is BACK! I had to take a mental health break from all forums for a while, I had some things going on that I needed to concentrate on. I am in therapy and it got to be intense and difficult, so I stepped back from forums for a bit. It has eased up a little, and I am able to come back.

I have not scrapped for myself in all that time I was away, I did make an album for a friend's baby shower but that was it. I am planning to be here Saturday for NSBD and I am planning on scrapping all day long.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to BlingQueenRia

Hi Bling~Welcome back!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Mine too :>) Actually, from the time I was 3 until 8 or 9, it wasn't lavender. It was PURPLE...think Barney :>) And I loved it. For a few years I had a basic light blue room, then in the next house I was in 8th grade and got a grown-up bedroom set (which I still use, except for the bed frame) and lavender walls with an oh-so-pretty white with lavender flowers, ruffly bedspread, which I'm trying to make myself throw out, but I keep pulling it back out of the trash. I know I won't use it and miles of ruffle need to be sewn back on, but it's so pretty :>) Enjoy working on your LOs. ~Judy

That sounds beautiful Judy I don't blame you for not throwing it out. I love purple too. My van is purple. lol I am just seeing what the previous owner did as gardening. she had everything. We love it. 2 beautiful deep purple/plum tulips are in front of the door. Under is the lavender phlox. Near the end of the yard is 2 pretty pink tulips.
The front yard is gorgeous flower beds that have everything, all colors. Everyone keeps telling Dave how pretty it is but it is not our work. lol
Due to it being grown in, he only had to pull 3 big weeds from it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Hello, girlies! The Bling Queen is BACK! I had to take a mental health break from all forums for a while, I had some things going on that I needed to concentrate on. I am in therapy and it got to be intense and difficult, so I stepped back from forums for a bit. It has eased up a little, and I am able to come back.

I have not scrapped for myself in all that time I was away, I did make an album for a friend's baby shower but that was it. I am planning to be here Saturday for NSBD and I am planning on scrapping all day long.

Oh Maria, I am so happy that you are back .

I am deeply sorry that you have been going through some difficult stuff. I hope that you are able to feel better soon. Sometimes you have to take a break from everything. There is nothing wrong with that at all.
I am so glad you are back!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

My plans have changed for NSD... I will be here cropping instead of going to Archivers. I should not have scheduled it as I have been under the weather.
I cancelled it. I did go & get my enlargements & a new paper pad that is glorious for my Mom's lilac page. I will be working on that for the heritage challenge on NSD here. I am so excited about this paper.
Products Referenced in This Post:

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

I am deeply sorry that you have been going through some difficult stuff. I hope that you are able to feel better soon. Sometimes you have to take a break from everything. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

Thanks. I have been in and out of therapy for 20 years now. To make a long story short I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. My therapy can and does get super intense and emotional and that is when I take a step back from most forums, except my survivor one because that is when I need it most. I have kept his secret for too long. It is his secret not mine. And I am back.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-03-13 05:52 AM
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
That sounds beautiful Judy I don't blame you for not throwing it out. I love purple too. My van is purple. lol I am just seeing what the previous owner did as gardening. she had everything. We love it. 2 beautiful deep purple/plum tulips are in front of the door. Under is the lavender phlox. Near the end of the yard is 2 pretty pink tulips.
The front yard is gorgeous flower beds that have everything, all colors. Everyone keeps telling Dave how pretty it is but it is not our work. lol

Oh Linda what a lovely surprise!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Anybody got plans for tomorrow and Sunday? I took tomorrow off from work and I never work Sundays anymore. I am planning to scrap and eat Mexican food all weekend. Sunday is Cinco de Mayo and in my house it means all Mexican food all day, sometimes all weekend. I take NSBD off and usually celebrate it and Cinco de Mayo on the same day.

We start the day, before the festivities begin here, with breakfast burritos. There is usually a challenge or two that for whatever reason I cannot participate in and that is when I make quesadillas for lunch and later start the hamburger for tacos. This year I am making carnitas, or Mexican pulled pork, in my Crock Pot for dinner. And cinnamon chips for dessert. Some years there is tequila and some years there isn't.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

Thanks. I have been in and out of therapy for 20 years now. To make a long story short I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. My therapy can and does get super intense and emotional and that is when I take a step back from most forums, except my survivor one because that is when I need it most. I have kept his secret for too long. It is his secret not mine. And I am back.

Oh dear friend Maria, I am deeply sorry to hear about what that horrific monster did to you. I am so glad that you have been in therapy to help you. I am glad that you are telling the world. You are so right....IT IS HIS HORRIFIC TERRIBLE SHAME & SECRET. You were a precious child who was not at fault. I am glad you are back here now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
  • anda11 Said:

Oh Linda what a lovely surprise!!!

You are right about that..

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Anybody got plans for tomorrow and Sunday? I took tomorrow off from work and I never work Sundays anymore. I am planning to scrap and eat Mexican food all weekend. Sunday is Cinco de Mayo and in my house it means all Mexican food all day, sometimes all weekend. I take NSBD off and usually celebrate it and Cinco de Mayo on the same day.

We start the day, before the festivities begin here, with breakfast burritos. There is usually a challenge or two that for whatever reason I cannot participate in and that is when I make quesadillas for lunch and later start the hamburger for tacos. This year I am making carnitas, or Mexican pulled pork, in my Crock Pot for dinner. And cinnamon chips for dessert. Some years there is tequila and some years there isn't.

My plans are to scrap the whole weekend including today. I do love mexican food. It is one of my favs. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just took all the pages put of my pad with only 1 tiny mishap. lol
I saw someone layer these papers. I am thinking of doing that now that I have several lavender & matching papers now. I am so glad I got these. I am enjoying this page now.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

My plans are to scrap the whole weekend including today. I do love mexican food. It is one of my favs. LOL

Mine, too. But then again, I'm Mexican. Or as Lizzie says, "Messican." All I have to do is whisper, "Mexican food," and she starts sniffing the air. "Where? Where?"

There has been a bit of rearranging in the menu. Hubby has to go to work at 5pm tomorrow, and he'd miss carnitas. He made the biggest "sad puppy" face, it was almost funny. So we're having it for lunch after church on Sunday.

I'm sure I'll be up late scrapping, so I have no problem starting the Crock Pot. Dinner is going to be soft tacos/burritos/Mexican pizza with chips and salsa or guacamole. Yes, I'm making guacamole from scratch. Yum-O.

Dessert is ScrapRabbit's recipe for cinnamon chips, minus the fruit salsa. The kidlets devour the cinnamon chips like nobody's business without it. Neighbor kids smell them and come running.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Judy, do you sew? Why don't you make a throw out of the bedspread? That way you could keep it and still use it!

Maria, your menu sounds amazing! I LOVE mexican food.....I'm not mexican but I've been to Mexico 3 times and some of our friends are Mexican. Bertha has had us over for dinner and I love it!
My birthday is actually on Cinco de Mayo....

I'll be scrapping here for NSBD and then doing relaxing stuff on Sunday and going out for dinner for my birthday.....

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

Mine, too. But then again, I'm Mexican. Or as Lizzie says, "Messican." All I have to do is whisper, "Mexican food," and she starts sniffing the air. "Where? Where?"

There has been a bit of rearranging in the menu. Hubby has to go to work at 5pm tomorrow, and he'd miss carnitas. He made the biggest "sad puppy" face, it was almost funny. So we're having it for lunch after church on Sunday.

I'm sure I'll be up late scrapping, so I have no problem starting the Crock Pot. Dinner is going to be soft tacos/burritos/Mexican pizza with chips and salsa or guacamole. Yes, I'm making guacamole from scratch. Yum-O.

Dessert is ScrapRabbit's recipe for cinnamon chips, minus the fruit salsa. The kidlets devour the cinnamon chips like nobody's business without it. Neighbor kids smell them and come running.

That all sounds YUMMY hon. I first had it when I was 9. My brother went to school in Texas. He was down in the very bottom of the state. He married a classmate who made it for us. We loved it. We even went to mexico. She spoke 4 languages & Spanish was one. I started making it then.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Judy, do you sew? Why don't you make a throw out of the bedspread? That way you could keep it and still use it!

Maria, your menu sounds amazing! I LOVE mexican food.....I'm not mexican but I've been to Mexico 3 times and some of our friends are Mexican. Bertha has had us over for dinner and I love it!
My birthday is actually on Cinco de Mayo....

I'll be scrapping here for NSBD and then doing relaxing stuff on Sunday and going out for dinner for my birthday.....

Happy early birthday Alison.. I am glad you will be scraping here too this weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Well, I have been playing with my papers & resizing images. I have the 4 fav ones now. I will add more if I have room. I am also going to check my Cameo. I think I have some flowers that look like punchies to make lilacs.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good night everyone... I am falling asleep. I will see you all tomorrow.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

That all sounds YUMMY hon. I first had it when I was 9. My brother went to school in Texas. He was down in the very bottom of the state. He married a classmate who made it for us. We loved it. We even went to mexico. She spoke 4 languages & Spanish was one. I started making it then.

I didn't start cooking Mexican food at home until the last few years. My parents are quite white and do not know how to cook Mexican food. They took me out quite a bit for Mexican, to "expose me" to the food. And I love them for that.

But hubby kept insisting I learn to cook it at home instead of always going out and spending an arm and a leg on a good Mexican dinner out. So I found some recipes and started playing around. I've just about got some of it down to a science, like seasoning the meat without using the taco seasoning packets.

I now make guacamole from scratch, but sometimes it's just plain cheaper to buy a tub of it. Although homemade is ALWAYS better, and I can leave out the onions. Next on my list of things to try to make is tortillas. Flour tortillas. One of these days...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=anda11][quote=BlingQue enRia][quote=anda11][quot e=BlingQueenRia]Anybody got plans for tomorrow and Sunday? I took tomorrow off from work and I never work Sundays anymore. I am planning to scrap and eat Mexican food all weekend. Sunday is Cinco de Mayo and in my house it means all Mexican food all day, sometimes all weekend. I take NSBD off and usually celebrate it and Cinco de Mayo on the same day.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I didn't start cooking Mexican food at home until the last few years. My parents are quite white and do not know how to cook Mexican food. They took me out quite a bit for Mexican, to "expose me" to the food. And I love them for that.

But hubby kept insisting I learn to cook it at home instead of always going out and spending an arm and a leg on a good Mexican dinner out. So I found some recipes and started playing around. I've just about got some of it down to a science, like seasoning the meat without using the taco seasoning packets.

I now make guacamole from scratch, but sometimes it's just plain cheaper to buy a tub of it. Although homemade is ALWAYS better, and I can leave out the onions. Next on my list of things to try to make is tortillas. Flour tortillas. One of these days...

[/quote]

That is funny. lol I have not made tortillas from scratch but I do make my own taco seasoning & enchilada sauce from scratch. I have made guacamole from scratch but to be honest, I do not like it. lol Dave loves it though. I was always afraid to fry the chimichangas thinking it would be difficult....but we tried it a couple years ago & it took like 1 minute & it was done. It was so easy. I am thankful I was introduced as a child like your parents did to you. Back in my day there were not any mexican restaurants in my City in Oh.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY dear friends I am going to check out the challenges now.
Have a blast!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am sad. I am a new cameo user but I have made a small number of cuts but they all worked except a couple which I needed to change the speed & it worked. Now I was cutting a rose background from the Sil. store. It didn't cut a couple of inches. The cuts were wonky. It sent the paper out & it was still cutting a bit. Then it stopped. I did not resend another & it just started cutting on its own so I had to stop it. I do not know what happened but I do hope I can figure it out to finish this page for the challenge.
any one help?

andtyler
Guru
andtyler
In response to Stephanie D

A Tim Holtz class kit from last year... Lots of inking!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
That is funny. lol I have not made tortillas from scratch but I do make my own taco seasoning & enchilada sauce from scratch. I have made guacamole from scratch but to be honest, I do not like it. lol Dave loves it though. I was always afraid to fry the chimichangas thinking it would be difficult....but we tried it a couple years ago & it took like 1 minute & it was done. It was so easy. I am thankful I was introduced as a child like your parents did to you. Back in my day there were not any mexican restaurants in my City in Oh.

I haven't made tortillas yet, either. One of these days, Imma try. Just for fun and games.

When I was 2-1/2, I was adopted into a white family. My adoptive parents got me at six months old. The reason it took so long for the adoption to finalize was because the courts were trying to find a Mexican family for me.

Being darker skinned, I am about the same color as brown sugar, I stuck out like a sore thumb in family photos. But I always felt loved and like one of the family, I felt chosen. I always kid my mom, "Instead of labor pains with me, you got writer's cramp from signing all those forms."

I did not grow up speaking Spanish, in fact Spanish is my second language and I'm roughly half-fluent in it. I try to peek in on the Latin Divas around here once in a while to see how much more I understand.

I also did not grow up eating Mexican food. I grew up on hamburgers and hot dogs like any other American kid. We went to restaurants to get Mexican food. The closest my mom could come to making Mexican food was to make tacos or Dorito casserole. Both of which I love, even though Dorito casserole isn't REALLY Mexican food.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I've made tortillas from scratch, my mexican neighbour and friend showed me how....
She gave me one of the tortilla presses so that I could do it at home!
I haven't made any in awhile but they aren't hard with the right equipment....

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to anda11

I know it's too late for the challenges Linda... I just saw your post. I've had the same thing happen with my CS. A few things I do when this happens... close Sihouette Studio. Unplug the machine from the wall and your computer. Leave it unplugged for about 30 seconds then plug everything back in and restart the program SDE. Then restart your cuts. Another thing that made one of my cuts screw up was that I had been using the sketch pens for my previous file and had forgotten to switch back to 'blade' from 'sketch pen' after I'd pressed 'send to silhouette'. Just ensure that you have definitely changed it back over in the settings. I've noticed that not doing this will send the file to be cut about an inch higher than indicated on your screen and, cut up the portion of your mat above the arrow. HTH Keep a smile M.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andtyler

• andtyler Said:
A Tim Holtz class kit from last year... Lots of inking!

Glad you are here. I just friended you. Your Tim class sounds like a good time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:

I haven't made tortillas yet, either. One of these days, Imma try. Just for fun and games.

When I was 2-1/2, I was adopted into a white family. My adoptive parents got me at six months old. The reason it took so long for the adoption to finalize was because the courts were trying to find a Mexican family for me.

Being darker skinned, I am about the same color as brown sugar, I stuck out like a sore thumb in family photos. But I always felt loved and like one of the family, I felt chosen. I always kid my mom, "Instead of labor pains with me, you got writer's cramp from signing all those forms."

I did not grow up speaking Spanish, in fact Spanish is my second language and I'm roughly half-fluent in it. I try to peek in on the Latin Divas around here once in a while to see how much more I understand.

I also did not grow up eating Mexican food. I grew up on hamburgers and hot dogs like any other American kid. We went to restaurants to get Mexican food. The closest my mom could come to making Mexican food was to make tacos or Dorito casserole. Both of which I love, even though Dorito casserole isn't REALLY Mexican food.

That is such a cute story Maria>. You are right..you were chosen. I am sure your family did not care what color you were. I have to tell you that I love Dorito casserole too.
I took 4or 5 years of Spanish in school but I sure do not remember much let alone speak it. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Momto3infinity

• Momto3infinity Said:
I know it's too late for the challenges Linda... I just saw your post. I've had the same thing happen with my CS. A few things I do when this happens... close Sihouette Studio. Unplug the machine from the wall and your computer. Leave it unplugged for about 30 seconds then plug everything back in and restart the program SDE. Then restart your cuts. Another thing that made one of my cuts screw up was that I had been using the sketch pens for my previous file and had forgotten to switch back to 'blade' from 'sketch pen' after I'd pressed 'send to silhouette'. Just ensure that you have definitely changed it back over in the settings. I've noticed that not doing this will send the file to be cut about an inch higher than indicated on your screen and, cut up the portion of your mat above the arrow. HTH Keep a smile M.

Thanks hon, I haven't even tried it again yet but I will do these things too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been working on my heritage page. I have all the vintage images edges distressed. I was planning on croppping the pic & making it a one page, I am considering 2 pages. The papers& everything are so cute.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

hi

been a while since I been around here and I am looking for new places to hang out lol

I am working on scrapping old pics that I got from my grandma~and cleaning out..I have been on a scrapping hiatus for about a year now and trying to get back to it:)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
hi

been a while since I been around here and I am looking for new places to hang out lol

I am working on scrapping old pics that I got from my grandma~and cleaning out..I have been on a scrapping hiatus for about a year now and trying to get back to it:)

HI Margaret. I am so glad you are back here. This is a great place t o hang out.
I am glad you got some old pics from your Grandma. I have a heritage challenge every month. IT is for pics from 1960s & before. There is no cost. There is a suggestion every month of what to work on but you do not need to do that. It is fun to do.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

Thanks Linda I am glad to be back, it was great to scrap again!
Off to check out your challenge

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to anda11

Hi everyone

Just checking in. I haven't been on in a little while, but I have been working on the senior book that I told you all about. It is not going as well as I thought it would. I am struggling a little but I will get it done.

I just signed up for a day crop on May 18th, it will be lots of fun because one of my friends is going with me.

I will be home tomorrow working hard on that senior book, and then I have to work the weekend. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Tina

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Thanks Linda I am glad to be back, it was great to scrap again!
Off to check out your challenge

Hey Margaret, that is great.. It is titled Martica's in the title but I am the poster.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

i found it and I want to join

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to paxtonkevin

• paxtonkevin Said:
Hi everyone

Just checking in. I haven't been on in a little while, but I have been working on the senior book that I told you all about. It is not going as well as I thought it would. I am struggling a little but I will get it done.

I just signed up for a day crop on May 18th, it will be lots of fun because one of my friends is going with me.

I will be home tomorrow working hard on that senior book, and then I have to work the weekend. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Tina

Hi Tina, Glad you are ok & checking in. :)
I am so sorry that the Sr book is not going well. IT is good that you are plugging away on it.
Congrats on going to the upcoming day crop with your friend I do hope that when you work on it tomorrow, it will be easy & not give any problems. I hope you have a great weekend too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

i found it and I want to join

You are officially joined. lol I signed you up & answered your post too. I just love that challenge. Glad you did

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

i have a sinus infection that just wont go away!!

hope that everyone is having a great day and has a scrappy good weekend!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

i have a sinus infection that just wont go away!!

hope that everyone is having a great day and has a scrappy good weekend!!

Oh Margaret, I am so sorry that you are under the weather.
I used to deal with sinus issues for yrs but I had a simple simple surgery like maybe 10 yrs ago & I have never had one again. I never ever get a clogged nose either when I do get the flu or colds . I am sorry. They do hurt.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear dear friends, I am going to work on my lilac page today & this weekend.
I am pretty sure I am going to do a 2 pager cause I have things I want to print & I won't have room. One is a journal box with lilacs all over it. Plus I have other cute things I want to print & use that are so cute. I hope you all are doing ok.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to take a lunch break. The graphic I was going to use as a journal box is possible to be the frame around her pic. I am so happy. If it won't work, I will still use it. I am also now thinking of of putting lilacs around her pic too. I do have images I can use for that.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

what is a journal box? that sounds interesting

i don't know why I can't get rid of it this time, well even before it would go away for maybe a week or 2 and then come back, I have always had allergies but they never caused problems like this and it is Mothers Day weekend I am suppose to feel GRREAT!! lol

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Just managed to get a layout done between power going out it's all pink paisley Hope Chest.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Sneezy1956

not sure what I am gonna work on today.....feeling a little better so that is a plus I know i am going to make a Mothers Day card for my mom to go with her bouquet of orchids Not sure what else to get her, she has a little bit of everything and has made sure that I know she does not want anymore knick knacks or jewelry or clothes or anything else i named off so I got her flowers which she loves

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Working on a little mini book for my mom for mother's day...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

what is a journal box? that sounds interesting

i don't know why I can't get rid of it this time, well even before it would go away for maybe a week or 2 and then come back, I have always had allergies but they never caused problems like this and it is Mothers Day weekend I am suppose to feel GRREAT!! lol

A journal box is someplace where you do the journaling. You can make them out of paper. LIke card stock square. or any shape. You can buy them. as stickers, card stock ones & separate ones. Then you can print them out too. Lots are out there in all sizes. You can also resize them too.
I do hope that you feel much better tomorrow. I hope your allergies do not get worse.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Just managed to get a layout done between power going out it's all pink paisley Hope Chest.

YEAH Jane:):) on getting your page done in time. I hope your power did not stay off too long.

Edited by anda11 on 05-11-13 05:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

not sure what I am gonna work on today.....feeling a little better so that is a plus I know i am going to make a Mothers Day card for my mom to go with her bouquet of orchids Not sure what else to get her, she has a little bit of everything and has made sure that I know she does not want anymore knick knacks or jewelry or clothes or anything else i named off so I got her flowers which she loves

I am so glad you are feeling better. She will love your card. Flowers are never wrong. lol Orchids are beautiful. She will love them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Working on a little mini book for my mom for mother's day...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi Alison, I know you will have such fun making it. I always loved making stuff for my mom or dad & aunts & uncles. They always treasured it. My aunt still had much of what I made her hanging in her house till she died. (even the old macrame.) lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't worked on Mom's page but I did spend most of the time looking for more lilac & other images for this page. Found some more great ones.
I am also starting to think of next months challenge. I want to do a page about my Dad. (fathers day) I am kinda excited now. There is a tiny pic of him standing in the yard holding his teddy bear. I think he is wearing a dress.
I am going to look for vintage teddies online. I also have 2 drawers of teddy stamps due to my dd being nicknamed boo bear. I have bears doing everything lol. I have old ones too.
I could stamp my own background paper.
I love looking for new images so that is what I am going to do tonight.

Edited by anda11 on 05-11-13 05:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to anda11

Linda it was on and off all morning drove me nutty would get to the good part of Hunger Games which is what I had in the DVD while I was scrapping and it would go out again. Then of course every clock in the house would start beeping when it came back on

I hope everyone had a good day.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Linda it was on and off all morning drove me nutty would get to the good part of Hunger Games which is what I had in the DVD while I was scrapping and it would go out again. Then of course every clock in the house would start beeping when it came back on

I hope everyone had a good day.

I am sorry that it was off that long. I hate when the power is off. You are so right about all the clocks & other stuff. Glad it is back on now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been looking for antique bear images. I am so excited. I found some big tags. They are in shades of brown. The writing is that circus font that Tim holtz has. One says this bear belongs to ________. The other says you are beary special to me. They have cute bears on them. They are perfect.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to anda11

antique bear images, I bet that is neat! I am rally getting into the vintage style with scrapping these old pics

Mom did love the flowers and card

Hope you all are having a wonderful Mothers Day! Hubby caught my sickness so the plans that he and the girls had made for me kinda went down the drain but no worries, the girls are outside playing,I am scrapping, so I am one happy mama (except for hubby being sick)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:

That is such a cute story Maria>. You are right..you were chosen. I am sure your family did not care what color you were. I have to tell you that I love Dorito casserole too.
I took 4or 5 years of Spanish in school but I sure do not remember much let alone speak it. lol

Thanks. And no, they don't care. They love me as if I were their own. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school at the insistence of my mom. My senior year, I had to choose between taking Spanish 4 and accepting an invitation to be the cartoonist for the school newspaper. I chose the school paper for a change of pace.

Come to find out, they teach you the dialect from Spain in school, rather than from Mexico. IMO, Mexican Spanish is more common 'round these parts, and is what should be taught in schools.

I have worked for over 7 years around Hispanics. Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, El Salvadorenos. I found out pretty quickly that the dialect is much different. Over the course of seven years, I have learned a LOT more Spanish, including swear words , and consider myself half-fluent. I can understand quite a bit in the Latin Divas threads here on sb.com, and have posted a couple of times in Spanish on those threads.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I didn't get to scrap yesterday, but I'm going to start here in a bit. "Sister Act" movies waiting to be popped in to the computer, and I have an ABC book to bind that I made a couple of weeks ago.

After that, I have to do a page for Lizzie's teacher, Mrs. P. Her class is giving Mrs. P. a 12x12 scrapbook with a page from each child. I think it is a brilliant idea, and I am bummed I didn't think of it first!

Then I have a page lined up to do for my mom. Mom adamantly forbids me from spending any money on her for her birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas: "I have everything I could ever want, don't spend your money on me, save it for my grandbabies. I love your cards you make, they are just beautiful. Make me a card and I will be happy."

So I made her a card, and mailed it. When I was going through my pics for NSBD last weekend, I came across some reprints of older pics. There's one of my big brother and big sister when they were 2 and 4 respectively; and then another of me at 10 or so and my brother, who had offered to babysit me while home on leave from the military, so Momma and Daddy could go out to dinner alone. They came home and found Big Brother and me curled up together, asleep in Daddy's easy chair.

Diva
In response to anda11

This weekend I need to start with the 50th wedding anniversary scrapbook for my SIL's parents. She asked me to work on to give them a surprise. SO honored!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I am quickly checking in. I am under the weather. I had lilac framed paper that I was going to use as journaling. I realized that I would be able to use it as a frame for her pic too if I resized. I just printed it. I love it. It is so pretty too.

paxtonkevin
Veteran
paxtonkevin
In response to anda11

Hi Linda,

Just checking in to see what everyone has been up to lately. I am still working hard on the Senior book. Tomorrow, May 18th, going to the all day scrap. I can not wait, I have everything packed. I also just found out that this is my girlfriends first time going to something like this. She is going to have to much fun. I will be taking a break from the senior book tomorrow and working on my daughter's school years (seeing how I am only on first grade and she is a freshman - I think I need to play catch up on this one).

I will be posting my page to my gallery on Sunday. Hope everyone has as great weekend.

Also, an update on my sister. She is at home now, but has physical therapy coming in to help her to get around a little better. She has to walk with a walker and be very careful of rugs. She fell last week, she bruised under her arm as she fell into the walker but nothing broken or anything.

Tina

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

antique bear images, I bet that is neat! I am rally getting into the vintage style with scrapping these old pics

Mom did love the flowers and card

Hope you all are having a wonderful Mothers Day! Hubby caught my sickness so the plans that he and the girls had made for me kinda went down the drain but no worries, the girls are outside playing,I am scrapping, so I am one happy mama (except for hubby being sick)

They are neat but I had a hard time finding them. I thought they would be plentiful but I did find plenty for my page.
I can see why you would get into that vintage style... there are so many wonderful papers out there...plus you are doing the old pics so they are perfect.
I am glad your mom loved the flowers & card Margaret.
I am sorry your dh got sick but at least you were able to scrap You guys can go on another day. I am glad you had fun.

I had a good one. Dh had oral surgery & was sick so we couldn't go out to eat but my son brought me some scrap money & dh did get me a small bag of caramel truffles...(never had them YUM)he got me a small bouquet of flowers & a gift card for scrappy stuff for my list. I spent the night shopping online & here. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:

Thanks. And no, they don't care. They love me as if I were their own. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school at the insistence of my mom. My senior year, I had to choose between taking Spanish 4 and accepting an invitation to be the cartoonist for the school newspaper. I chose the school paper for a change of pace.

Come to find out, they teach you the dialect from Spain in school, rather than from Mexico. IMO, Mexican Spanish is more common 'round these parts, and is what should be taught in schools.

I have worked for over 7 years around Hispanics. Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, El Salvadorenos. I found out pretty quickly that the dialect is much different. Over the course of seven years, I have learned a LOT more Spanish, including swear words , and consider myself half-fluent. I can understand quite a bit in the Latin Divas threads here on sb.com, and have posted a couple of times in Spanish on those threads.

OH WOW Maria, a cartoonist for the paper??? That is amazing. I do not blame you for doing it instead. Do you have the papers still? You should scrap it.. That is an amazing thing to be asked. LOL:)
I think you are correct about them teaching mexican spanish instead of spain. You are right..there are a huge number of mexican people. That would make much more sense. if they did.
That is funny cause I know some swear words too. lol I didn't even realize there is a latin diva thread. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I didn't get to scrap yesterday, but I'm going to start here in a bit. "Sister Act" movies waiting to be popped in to the computer, and I have an ABC book to bind that I made a couple of weeks ago.

After that, I have to do a page for Lizzie's teacher, Mrs. P. Her class is giving Mrs. P. a 12x12 scrapbook with a page from each child. I think it is a brilliant idea, and I am bummed I didn't think of it first!

Then I have a page lined up to do for my mom. Mom adamantly forbids me from spending any money on her for her birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas: "I have everything I could ever want, don't spend your money on me, save it for my grandbabies. I love your cards you make, they are just beautiful. Make me a card and I will be happy."

So I made her a card, and mailed it. When I was going through my pics for NSBD last weekend, I came across some reprints of older pics. There's one of my big brother and big sister when they were 2 and 4 respectively; and then another of me at 10 or so and my brother, who had offered to babysit me while home on leave from the military, so Momma and Daddy could go out to dinner alone. They came home and found Big Brother and me curled up together, asleep in Daddy's easy chair.

I am glad that you were able to work on something after all. Your abc book sounds nice.
That teacher page sounds like fun. What a great idea. You are right..perfect. I know she will love her card. I think the page of the siblings sounds like a great idea. She will love it for sure.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
This weekend I need to start with the 50th wedding anniversary scrapbook for my SIL's parents. She asked me to work on to give them a surprise. SO honored!

That is quite an honor. Congrats. I know you will enjoy working n it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to paxtonkevin

• paxtonkevin Said:
Hi Linda,

Just checking in to see what everyone has been up to lately. I am still working hard on the Senior book. Tomorrow, May 18th, going to the all day scrap. I can not wait, I have everything packed. I also just found out that this is my girlfriends first time going to something like this. She is going to have to much fun. I will be taking a break from the senior book tomorrow and working on my daughter's school years (seeing how I am only on first grade and she is a freshman - I think I need to play catch up on this one).

I will be posting my page to my gallery on Sunday. Hope everyone has as great weekend.

Also, an update on my sister. She is at home now, but has physical therapy coming in to help her to get around a little better. She has to walk with a walker and be very careful of rugs. She fell last week, she bruised under her arm as she fell into the walker but nothing broken or anything.

Tina

Hi Tina, I am glad you are still progressing on the sr book. I am glad you may have overcome whatever you were dealing with on it.
I am so happy to hear that you are going to go crop with your friend on Sat. It is so much fun to go when they have never been.
I hope you get some of your daughters book too.
Don't feel bad...mine aren't done & mine is 30. lol

I am so thankful that your sis is home now. I am glad she has someone to help her. It is hard when they fall so easily. I am glad she did not injure herself. I sure hope she will continue to get better.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am just checking in....I have been plugging away at my page. I am fussy cutting some flowers. My mom was looking down.. I said I enlarged a lilac journal box to 8x11 to maybe be a frame for her enlargement. When I cut the center out.....her picture fits exactly on the side & lines up with the edge of her pic. The tops are very close too. I sure am happy about that.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to anda11

Hello ladies may i join your group?

Charmedmemories
New Kid On the Block
Charmedmemories
In response to babigirl

I've been working on an album to show locket creations for my socials,altering some frames and mats, random little projects!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Charmedmemories

Hi Shatema...what are you working on? I'm finishing the final page of another of our trips to Tahoe. We have a son that lives up there, so I'm making an album(s) of all the trips we've taken to visit him. I'm up to 1995 :>) Just a little more to go lol

Linda, you're lilac page sounds like it will really be pretty and something your mom would have been happy with. Judys + lilacs + good daughters...they all go together :>) Your mom obviously had a great daughter...and I have 2 of them ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Charmed—I just saw your tumbler in your gallery. Very nice! It sounds like you have quite a variety of projects you're working on~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:

Hey Shatema We would LOVE to have you join us. Thanks for asking. Everyone here is more than welcome to join.. I am so happy you are joining us.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Charmedmemories Said:
I've been working on an album to show locket creations for my socials,altering some frames and mats, random little projects!

WELCOME:) I see you are new to this site. :):) I am so happy that you found this thread. Everyone on this site is wonderful & friendly & helpful to everyone. :):) Thank you for being a military family. Thank your dh for his service..and yours for being a wife

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Hi Shatema...what are you working on? I'm finishing the final page of another of our trips to Tahoe. We have a son that lives up there, so I'm making an album(s) of all the trips we've taken to visit him. I'm up to 1995 :>) Just a little more to go lol

Linda, you're lilac page sounds like it will really be pretty and something your mom would have been happy with. Judys + lilacs + good daughters...they all go together :>) Your mom obviously had a great daughter...and I have 2 of them ~Judy

Hi Judy, I guess you need to keep working on that album lol It sounds like you are getting far.
I am scared about this page because I haven't even figured how to make the title. I have one page pretty far but I need to add some more flowers. I still have to distress everything & figure which color stain...purple or brown? There are some printables that I can use for a title. I still may use my quickkutz alpha.
You are right about purples, Judys & daughters

Edited by anda11 on 05-19-13 03:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Charmedmemories Said:

That tumbler looks so pretty, I love the pearls & flower & paper. I left you some love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:

Hey Shatema, I just checked out your 2 cards, They are both so cute. I also saw you page about your kids. That is wonderful too. Your kids are so adorable I left you some love.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

I am currently working on 4 12x12 albums one for my mom one for my grandma and one for my two aunties they wil be christmas presents. A book about myself and a book for my daugther

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to anda11

Linda thanks for the warm welcome those are not my kids that a page for my grandmas book those are her kids when they were young

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to babigirl

My 40-pack of Prima chalk inks arrived this week, so I've been playing with those a coming up with a couple nice ways to store them.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

I almost bought the Prima ink set when all Prima was on sale, but then I bought tons of other Prima instead. Next time :>) Enjoy playing with them!~Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics