Page 1 of 69 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hello dear friends, Things are moving quickly here. We listed our home & got 5 offers right away. It looks like it will sell asap. I thought it would take a month or 2. We have been working on the house & I have been scrapping when I can. We can no longer take care of it & it costs more than we can afford now that dh has gone on retirement. It is 2 acres.
It needs lots of work on the house too. I am ok with moving but this was my childhood home. I watched my Daddy lay every brick. This is still heart breakiing to me. My sweet husband has been forcing me to go to crops and meet my friend to crop at Archivers as often as we can because he know I am very sad & he knows it gets my mind off of things.
Today I have some boxes of memorablia to file in my storage boxes. I also have 3 drawers that have my old work pics & memorablia in the along with other stuff so I have to go through all of those & find a space in my boxes for them. I have a plastic tub full of photos mostly. I have to do the same thing & put them in photo boxes.
I am sorry I have been such a Debbie Downer lately.
What are you guys doing?

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to anda11

I hope you find peace with this decision.

I am currently working on:
1.) Album of my Crocheting for Christ work (crocheting/knitting lapghans, afghans, baby blankets, etc. for people in need as we pray over them).
2.) ABC album for my good friend who is pregnant with her second child.
3.) Wedding album
4.) Crocheting projects (2)

Annnnddd, I am off to do one of those right now!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:

1.) Album of my Crocheting for Christ work (crocheting/knitting lapghans, afghans, baby blankets, etc. for people in need as we pray over them).
3.) Wedding album

Thanks you. I am at peace with it really. I have accepted it. It is still sad. lol
I have made abc albums to. They are so much fun! I know she will love it when she sees it.
The charity projects you are doing sound really wonderful. You are so kind to do them. I used to sew blankets for the childrens hospital & dog shelter way too many yrs ago. It is fun.
I love wedding albums too. I hope you will enjoy making it.

1momma 
New Kid On the Block
In response to anda11

(((Big Hugs))) to you

1. I just finished an album for my Mother on a trip to the Grand Canyon.

2. Finished a layout for the Spring Challenge.

3. Now I have to unpack my goodies from shopping last week at two LSS & a package from here. Need to clean up so I can scrap some more later.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to 1momma

• 1momma Said:
(((Big Hugs))) to you

1. I just finished an album for my Mother on a trip to the Grand Canyon.

2. Finished a layout for the Spring Challenge.

3. Now I have to unpack my goodies from shopping last week at two LSS & a package from here. Need to clean up so I can scrap some more later.

Congrats on finishing that album for your mom. YEAH! Has she seen it yet? Yeah on your challenge layout. How wonderful to unpack all of your new goodies. Enjoy! I did get a new punch around the page on Sat. It was my first. I haven't even wanted to play with it yet. I got the bubble one.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

I've been working on an album of our recent trip to Washington DC. I did 13 pages yesterday, with another 5 today and probably some more yet tonight. That sounds like a lot, and it really is, but I'm not nearly done - this is going to be a 40-50 page album.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to aquabunny

I'm so sorry about you having to move ((((hugs)))))

I went to a crop yesterday and did 7 lo's - I uploaded them to my gallery and I'd appreciate any feedback on them - especially the one with my granddaughter on the white rug with the lace - I feel its missing something - maybe a title?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I've been working on an album of our recent trip to Washington DC. I did 13 pages yesterday, with another 5 today and probably some more yet tonight. That sounds like a lot, and it really is, but I'm not nearly done - this is going to be a 40-50 page album.

Good to talk to you. I am glad you are getting lots of pages done. I scrap all of my pics. That is funny....I just saw our DC trip pics in the 60s. lol I was kinda thinking on working on them once I got moved.

1momma 
New Kid On the Block
In response to anda11

That punch sounds cool. Make sure you post so we can see what you create with it.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • MrsD2008 Said:

3.) Wedding album

Thanks you. I am at peace with it really. I have accepted it. It is still sad. lol
I have made abc albums to. They are so much fun! I know she will love it when she sees it.
The charity projects you are doing sound really wonderful. You are so kind to do them. I used to sew blankets for the childrens hospital & dog shelter way too many yrs ago. It is fun.

I hope she really does love it. She is a scrapper herself, but I know since she had her first child (who is now 21 months) she hasn't had a lot of time to scrap, but she has taken TONS of photos. The ABC album I am making is 8X8 and I also found a 12X12 album that matches, so I am giving her that too. And a crocheted gift of course!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-21-12 03:29 PM
In response to MrsD2008

It's always sad to say goodbye to a home that has so many good memories. I wish you all the best with the sale and moving.

I have been working on the layouts from my engagement, but I have one page left and I can't seem to find any inspiration for it. I wanted to complete this set before I moved on to the next project, but I've decided to go ahead and start on a brand new album. I'm going to be scrapping my trip to Italy this past February. I have over 2500 pictures, so this will be a huge undertaking.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:

I went to a crop yesterday and did 7 lo's - I uploaded them to my gallery and I'd appreciate any feedback on them - especially the one with my granddaughter on the white rug with the lace - I feel its missing something - maybe a title?

I AM SO SORRY THAT I DID NOT SEE THIS POST. PLEASE FORGIVE ME! congrats on getting the pages done. I will check them out.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

My several-day project was Cricut-cutting things out for my youngest daughter who teaches 1st grade. She needed some things cut for end-of-the-year booklets that all the parents get. I wish my kids' teachers had made these books. They have work from all year, showing what all was learned. The covers are laminated and then the book is bound. One part of the cover cut-out had the student's name, so that meant I had to make changes for each cutting.

While working on it, I was also "working" on my current LO in my head...figuring out how I wanted to do it. Now I can finally work on it and it seems like I'm brain dead. I also received a big order in the mail, so I need to put that stuff away. I really need to quit thinking about scrapping and DO IT!
Products Referenced in This Post:

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
It's always sad to say goodbye to a home that has so many good memories. I wish you all the best with the sale and moving.

I have been working on the layouts from my engagement, but I have one page left and I can't seem to find any inspiration for it. I wanted to complete this set before I moved on to the next project, but I've decided to go ahead and start on a brand new album. I'm going to be scrapping my trip to Italy this past February. I have over 2500 pictures, so this will be a huge undertaking.

You are right. Thank you. I am sorry that you do not have inspiration for the last page. It is good to move on for now. While it will be a huge undertaking, scrapping Italy sounds fabulous! It will be like you are reliving it when you do it. Enjoy.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • MrsD2008 Said:

3.) Wedding album

I hope she really does love it. She is a scrapper herself, but I know since she had her first child (who is now 21 months) she hasn't had a lot of time to scrap, but she has taken TONS of photos. The ABC album I am making is 8X8 and I also found a 12X12 album that matches, so I am giving her that too. And a crocheted gift of course!

Since she is a scrapper herself, she will most certainly cherish it because she knows what it takes to do it. She will feel the love you put into the pages.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:

I looked at all of the pages. I liked them all the way they were. You have such a precious grand baby. I did leave love for you.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to anda11

Moving is sad, but remember you are also moving towards something new.

I am finishing up my first coffee sleeve mini - Domestic Goddess from Graphic 45. I have been diagnosed with MAM (Mini Album Madness) and am planning on auctioning off the mini, along with my toilet paper mini, so that I can start a non-profit organization to help find a cure for this terrible disease.

Has anyone ever done a paint stick mini? That is another symptom of this disease. If you think you might have it, check out my blog for help!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to theellenbee

Linda

to you. You know that I am currently living in my childhood home too (4th generation to own it) and there are some events going on in my life that make me think I want to sell it but it breaks my heart even thinking that. I know it won't be easy when/if that day comes but I also know the memories will always be there.

Not working on any scrapping this week - we have a big camping fest this weekend at our house with 30-40 people coming so just getting ready for that.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • Ohio4HMom Said:

I looked at all of the pages. I liked them all the way they were. You have such a precious grand baby. I did leave love for you.

Thank you for the great comments

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to Ohio4HMom

I finished all I can do in my Crocheting for Christ album that I can do without photos.

I got up to M in the ABC album.

I finished one crocheting project and am almost done the second and started a new one.

I have done 0 things in my wedding album! =/

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 05-23-12 09:08 AM
In response to anda11

Have you taken pictures of the house even of the bricks. I recently came across a picture i took when I was a teenage of the brick my uncle layed for the wood stove in there farm house. Back then I took the picture because he did suck a great job on the brick you would have thought he was a pro. Now that he has passed finding that picture brought back all the memories of the time I spent with him at that house. I have very few pictures of him but I will have a page with him and my aunt at my wedding and those bricks.

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear friends, Things are moving quickly here. We listed our home & got 5 offers right away. It looks like it will sell asap. I thought it would take a month or 2. We have been working on the house & I have been scrapping when I can. We can no longer take care of it & it costs more than we can afford now that dh has gone on retirement. It is 2 acres.
It needs lots of work on the house too. I am ok with moving but this was my childhood home. I watched my Daddy lay every brick. This is still heart breakiing to me. My sweet husband has been forcing me to go to crops and meet my friend to crop at Archivers as often as we can because he know I am very sad & he knows it gets my mind off of things.
Today I have some boxes of memorablia to file in my storage boxes. I also have 3 drawers that have my old work pics & memorablia in the along with other stuff so I have to go through all of those & find a space in my boxes for them. I have a plastic tub full of photos mostly. I have to do the same thing & put them in photo boxes.
What are you guys doing?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello again dear friends. I got the overstuffed plastic tub full of stuff all put away. YEAH
I got my work pics moved from the drawer to my photo boxes. I had a box of 50 photos from the 1890s. (same album)I condensed all my pics so I had an empty photo box for them. I IDed them too. I feel good about that. I still have more memorabilia to put away. I feel like I made great progress.

My best scrap bud invited me to crop FRi night at As again. I am very happy. We have such fun.
I make pocket pages on my Xmas layouts. One is for the card I sent & the letter. The other is for any cards I want to keep & letters from others. Then I take the rest of the cards & make a 2 page spread where some cards I punch with a big squares, Parts of the card I think is cute. Then I put the name of the people who sent them. I cut out their writing & use it. If their writing is too big, I just write who it is from.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
My several-day project was Cricut-cutting things out for my youngest daughter who teaches 1st grade. She needed some things cut for end-of-the-year booklets that all the parents get. I wish my kids' teachers had made these books. They have work from all year, showing what all was learned. The covers are laminated and then the book is bound. One part of the cover cut-out had the student's name, so that meant I had to make changes for each cutting.

While working on it, I was also "working" on my current LO in my head...figuring out how I wanted to do it. Now I can finally work on it and it seems like I'm brain dead. I also received a big order in the mail, so I need to put that stuff away. I really need to quit thinking about scrapping and DO IT!

I bet the parents will just love it! What a great idea! It is great you were able to cut that for her. I bet the parents will wonder if she cut all of those by hand. I am sorry you are brain dead. I hope you are better now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• theellenbee Said:
Moving is sad, but remember you are also moving towards something new.

I am finishing up my first coffee sleeve mini - Domestic Goddess from Graphic 45. I have been diagnosed with MAM (Mini Album Madness) and am planning on auctioning off the mini, along with my toilet paper mini, so that I can start a non-profit organization to help find a cure for this terrible disease.

Has anyone ever done a paint stick mini? That is another symptom of this disease. If you think you might have it, check out my blog for help!

I know you are right. I will think of it as that later. That link is hilarioiuS!! Thanks for putting it here.

I do not want you to find a cure. :):)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Linda

to you. You know that I am currently living in my childhood home too (4th generation to own it) and there are some events going on in my life that make me think I want to sell it but it breaks my heart even thinking that. I know it won't be easy when/if that day comes but I also know the memories will always be there.

Not working on any scrapping this week - we have a big camping fest this weekend at our house with 30-40 people coming so just getting ready for that.

I forgot you lived there Peg. YOu did that page not too long ago. I certainly feel how you feel because It is only the 2nd generation. I have lots of pics but I am sure gonna take a million more. The memories will be in my scrapbook.
I hope you get all of your stuff done in time. Enjoy your company.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:
I finished all I can do in my Crocheting for Christ album that I can do without photos.

I got up to M in the ABC album.

I finished one crocheting project and am almost done the second and started a new one.

I have done 0 things in my wedding album! =/

WOW you have gotten so much done! YEAH!
Doesn't it feel good to get so much done?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Cinj

• Cinj Said:
Have you taken pictures of the house even of the bricks. I recently came across a picture i took when I was a teenage of the brick my uncle layed for the wood stove in there farm house. Back then I took the picture because he did suck a great job on the brick you would have thought he was a pro. Now that he has passed finding that picture brought back all the memories of the time I spent with him at that house. I have very few pictures of him but I will have a page with him and my aunt at my wedding and those bricks.

That is a sweet story! I certainly feel the same way of the bricks & everything. I have lots of pics but I am going to take a million more. I like tttthe idea of focusing on the bricks. Thanks!

• anda11 Said:
What are you guys doing?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Got 3 more pages done in our Washington DC album, and placed several online orders for more supplies. I had ordered a great paper stack from Joann's for 50% off with free shipping, but then it turned out to be out of stock. Boo!

But I also found a paper pattern with bottle caps on it, so that's pretty great.

Resident
In response to anda11

My plan for the long weekend is to complete at least 10 more pages from my cruise, and hopefully to get workable pictures of them so I can start putting pages on site here

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Karen_in_WA

My daughter, granddaughter, hubby and I are going to Tahoe for a long-weekend visit with #1 son/family. We'll celebrate several birthdays that we've missed and enjoy a quick visit. We travel all day Saturday, visit on Sunday, then travel all day Monday, but since I'm mrsdriver I love it It's snowing in Tahoe right now so it will be a change from sunny San Diego. Won't get scrapping done, but I'll take a lot of pics for my Tahoe album.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

2 more pages done for the DC scrapbook.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to aquabunny

We are going to Lubec, Maine for the long weekend, however, I hope to find time to begin work on a toliet paper mini I've been thinking about. I'm taking some stuff with me to work on in my spare time. I am also working on a 2010 Christmas album. I only have a couple more lo's to do so hoping I can get those done before the weekend is over as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to pwiswell

Good luck on finishing the lo's you want to get done. I'm going to be visiting my 5 and 10 yr. old grandsons...no quiet time for scrapping with them But that's OK...lots of pictures will be taken!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey dear friends.... MY friend & I did go to the crop at As tonight. We had a nice time. I started a new page. I wanted to use those darling chipboard skeletons by Martha on a science olympiad project called BONES. I thought she did it but she said no. boo
I switched to one of her starry starry night ones. I had some paper I was going to use but I wasn't sure I liked it. I found the Bo bunny paper which works perfectly. One has planets on it too.
That is what I am doing now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been trying my new Martha punch. I am now going to work on the layout again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Haven't had time to work on my page. I had to make a saddle with flowers for my parents. I took some pretty red silk glads to put in an half circle on my brother. It looks so pretty. It is nice it is only 2 miles down the road. I sure never dreamt that I would be putting flowers on my brother for mem. day so soon.
Now I have cleaned my table & I am going to scrap again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

When I am done with this starry night page, I am going to try to do a funny page about Ang when she was a toddler.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to anda11

I was hoping to get something done today toward organizing my disaster so that I could get some layouts done on Monday, but I ended up spending the day trying to find out why my refigerated air isn't working correctly.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Well, I haven't finished anything yet. I hope to finish the starry night today. I have been findiing some pics online for the toddler layout. I just saw a couple adorable kid pages that melt myheart. It is the Blast off too. I need to find photos for all of them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Well I saw a layout that melts my heart here & I wanted to do it right away. I went to As to get the papers. I also got a copy of the pic of the funny toddler page that I mentioned. I needed it to work with pink, brown, red & yellow. I looked at every single page & then I found one. It is echo Park life is good. There is a floral. It does have all those colors. I am so excited. I really want to start on that one too. I saw the paper here but it really looked like it was light pink & dark pink. I did not realize it is reddish.
Dave told me to go relax & choose papers & sit & talk so I feel better.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

I have been painting the studio all day and should be done sometime tomorrow. It's sold white with lavender trim. when i am done i need to clean the rest of the house.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Stephanie D

I've now completed 33 pages for the Washington DC album. I had an absolute BLAST making the six pages to chronicle the "Art of Video Games" exhibit and found great materials for it in unexpected places - WRMK's Travel Light collection had the PERFECT paper (just needed to cover the top 3 inches, which gave me room to play with a Pac-Man motif), and the font on the Sweater Weather Cricut cart was a match made in heaven.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I was way too tired to work on my pages last night. I couldn't even think creatively. lol I am going to try again tonight & see if I can.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to anda11

I'm getting ready to do my easter photos. This after taking several at the parade today

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cescrapper

I am working on a 2-pager for my grandma who passed away in Feb.

She was told in January that she had a year, max, to live. The picture I am scrapping is of her right after she found this out.

I had a new winter hat that everyone in my family hated. We were at my aunt's with grandma, and when my aunt went to her closet to get me another hat to wear (pleading with me to not wear the "ugly" one), grandma snatched the hat and was goofing off in it. It makes a great picture. It has to be a 2-pager cause of all the journaling that goes with it.

Grandma was like that right up till the end: joking and laughing. I told my mom that grandma taught us how to die. This picture is especially precious to me, and I want the spread to be absolutely perfect. Up until now, I didn't feel I could scrap it, but I think i'm ready now.

Kim

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to jaspernonyx

Finished my 100th layout of 2012 last night - but almost half of that (47 of them) has been in the past two weeks, working on the album from our Washington DC trip, and another 30 of them were for a gift album I did back in April. Hoping to finish the DC trip album this weekend and get pictures taken and posted. I am usually That Guy who always posts the whole album to SB.com at once, but I really think the torches and pitchforks will come out if I do that with this 60-page album. (I post them here less for the comments and more for a way to have them all in one place - it's nothing to do with trying to flood the main page, but rather my OCD-ish desire to have the pages go up in the right order.) Not sure how I'll go about doing it; I could post one day's worth of layouts at a time over the course of a week, but I'd have to go back-to-front, starting with the last day, so they'd ultimately show up in my album in the correct order. So vexing we can't change the order of photos once they're in an album. I would totally not be That Guy if I could just change the order after posting...

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to aquabunny

I have to work all day Saturday - bummer! But Sunday will be spent making a meandering travel mini (3" x 3") for Dr. Scrapman. I hope he likes it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I have been busy doing house stuff. I haven't worked on those new pages I just started last weekend. I am feeling a bit better today. I did FINISH moving those pages from strap hinge to top load. YEAH!!! It was my last album to do. I am SO HAPPY about that. :)
I have a stack of my dd's photos & negs to go through & sort & file in my photo box of her. These are pics she took yrs ago. She took photography in HS. Then the only boxes of pics I have left are a couple with my maternal heritage pics that came from my Aunts' albums. I have to put them in photo boxes too. Then I think all of my photos will be in their proper boxes for when we move.
HUGE HUGS FOR ALL OF THE PMS & POSTS SENDING ME LOVE & HUGS ABOUT MY BROTHER.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

I am cleaning house and getting the studio back in order from painting last weekend. I will be cleaning and doing up the wash all night, I may have a customer and here soon to be DIL coming by this weekend. Yes will are in middle of painting the out side of the house and I just got done doing the drapes in the studio.. I am rushing to get thing back in to working order and looking good be for tomorrow.

I will post photos once it is all back in order..

have fun scrapping this weekend. I will try and check in

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
I am cleaning house and getting the studio back in order from painting last weekend. I will be cleaning and doing up the wash all night, I may have a customer and here soon to be DIL coming by this weekend. Yes will are in middle of painting the out side of the house and I just got done doing the drapes in the studio.. I am rushing to get thing back in to working order and looking good be for tomorrow.

I will post photos once it is all back in order..

have fun scrapping this weekend. I will try and check in

Hey Steph! I didn't read all the posts yet so I am very happy to hear that you got your studio painted. I am glad to hear you got new drapes done. YEAH Congrats on your new dil! I bet you are very happy. I hope you get all of your painting done & things finished before they come.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• theellenbee Said:
I have to work all day Saturday - bummer! But Sunday will be spent making a meandering travel mini (3" x 3") for Dr. Scrapman. I hope he likes it!

HI Ellen, I am sorry you have to work all day on Sat. I am glad you will be able to work on something on Sun. a meandering travel mini sounds so pleasant. I really love the title & choice of words. I can't wait to see it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Finished my 100th layout of 2012 last night - but almost half of that (47 of them) has been in the past two weeks, working on the album from our Washington DC trip, and another 30 of them were for a gift album I did back in April. Hoping to finish the DC trip album this weekend and get pictures taken and posted. I am usually That Guy who always posts the whole album to SB.com at once, but I really think the torches and pitchforks will come out if I do that with this 60-page album. (I post them here less for the comments and more for a way to have them all in one place - it's nothing to do with trying to flood the main page, but rather my OCD-ish desire to have the pages go up in the right order.) Not sure how I'll go about doing it; I could post one day's worth of layouts at a time over the course of a week, but I'd have to go back-to-front, starting with the last day, so they'd ultimately show up in my album in the correct order. So vexing we can't change the order of photos once they're in an album. I would totally not be That Guy if I could just change the order after posting...

WHOOHOO!!! !00 pages is awesome!! I always post last to front. I read long ago that they were going to make it so we can change the order of our layouts in the future. I personally do not care if you post them all at once. I posted a recipe album 60 pages all at once a couple yrs ago. No one said anything to me. I know in other forums people hate it & pretty vocal about it meanly. I did see someone post asking about it when I did it in the gallery forum. She was very nice. I told her I was sorry if it bothered her. Half the people posted said they didn't care. Half said they did but no one of them was mean at all. They just said they prefer it but everyone was very nice & I did not feel bad. I see others post a couple pages of the gallery with their album often enough. Washington DC sounds like fun. I am going to scrap mine after we move but they will be in the heritage challenge. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to jaspernonyx

• jaspernonyx Said:
I am working on a 2-pager for my grandma who passed away in Feb.

She was told in January that she had a year, max, to live. The picture I am scrapping is of her right after she found this out.

I had a new winter hat that everyone in my family hated. We were at my aunt's with grandma, and when my aunt went to her closet to get me another hat to wear (pleading with me to not wear the "ugly" one), grandma snatched the hat and was goofing off in it. It makes a great picture. It has to be a 2-pager cause of all the journaling that goes with it.

Grandma was like that right up till the end: joking and laughing. I told my mom that grandma taught us how to die. This picture is especially precious to me, and I want the spread to be absolutely perfect. Up until now, I didn't feel I could scrap it, but I think i'm ready now.

Kim

Oh Kim, You have my deepest sympathies. This is such a touching story. I am so glad that you see it as her way of showing you how to die. She sounds like a very special woman. I am glad that you are able to work on the page now. I think you are a special woman to scrap her story for everyone to see in your family & friends. I looked at the page. I think it is PERFECT!! I left you some love. I hope it makes you feel a bit better now that you have scrapped it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
I'm getting ready to do my easter photos. This after taking several at the parade today

Hello, Easter photos sound like fun. I love scrapping them. I hope you got lots of pics at the parade.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I've now completed 33 pages for the Washington DC album. I had an absolute BLAST making the six pages to chronicle the "Art of Video Games" exhibit and found great materials for it in unexpected places - WRMK's Travel Light collection had the PERFECT paper (just needed to cover the top 3 inches, which gave me room to play with a Pac-Man motif), and the font on the Sweater Weather Cricut cart was a match made in heaven.

I am so glad that you found cool stuff that worked with your pages. I saw the WRMK line in person & it was cute.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Stephanie D Said:
I have been painting the studio all day and should be done sometime tomorrow. It's sold white with lavender trim. when i am done i need to clean the rest of the house.

That sounds so pretty Steph.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I was hoping to get something done today toward organizing my disaster so that I could get some layouts done on Monday, but I ended up spending the day trying to find out why my refigerated air isn't working correctly.

I am sorry that you haven't been able to work on anything scrappy organization yet. I think the air conditioning is important. DH can't take the heat & humidity since he had his heart issues.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Good luck on finishing the lo's you want to get done. I'm going to be visiting my 5 and 10 yr. old grandsons...no quiet time for scrapping with them But that's OK...lots of pictures will be taken!

I hope that you had a great time with them. I am pretty sure you did.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
We are going to Lubec, Maine for the long weekend, however, I hope to find time to begin work on a toliet paper mini I've been thinking about. I'm taking some stuff with me to work on in my spare time. I am also working on a 2010 Christmas album. I only have a couple more lo's to do so hoping I can get those done before the weekend is over as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I hope you got lots of good pics from your trip. I hope you all had fun. I hope you get your Christmas pages done. I do hope you are able to work on your TP mini too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
My daughter, granddaughter, hubby and I are going to Tahoe for a long-weekend visit with #1 son/family. We'll celebrate several birthdays that we've missed and enjoy a quick visit. We travel all day Saturday, visit on Sunday, then travel all day Monday, but since I'm mrsdriver I love it It's snowing in Tahoe right now so it will be a change from sunny San Diego. Won't get scrapping done, but I'll take a lot of pics for my Tahoe album.

I am so excited for your trip! I hope you all had such a fun time. Enjoy all of the birthdays!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Karen_in_WA

• Karen_in_WA Said:
My plan for the long weekend is to complete at least 10 more pages from my cruise, and hopefully to get workable pictures of them so I can start putting pages on site here

I hope that you have been able to work on some of your cruise pages. I hope you are able to get them posted too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Got 3 more pages done in our Washington DC album, and placed several online orders for more supplies. I had ordered a great paper stack from Joann's for 50% off with free shipping, but then it turned out to be out of stock. Boo!

But I also found a paper pattern with bottle caps on it, so that's pretty great.

YEAH on finding more stuff on sale.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
What are you guys doing?

This is a very difficult thing to go through,,,,

I'm sorry After my dad died, my mom sold our family home,,,,,basically for the land (which was worth far more than the house, being that the property was on a lake),,,,,

they ripped it down and built a HUGE house in it's stead,,,,,,,,,,,still makes me cry when I pass it the brick BBQ my dad built is still in the back yard, though,,,,,and I smile when I see it, I watched him lay all the bricks for that too.

This week I'm making graduation cards, finishing a mini album,,,,,,,and practicing coloring with pencils and baby oil, which I am loving.

I do hope the cropping is helping you deal with the grief,,,,

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Linda, I don't mind when people post a lot of layouts at once but I don't think it is fair to the poster because they do not get the attention they deserve.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to anda11

Cleaning, crafting, getting ready for work tomorrow.....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mia1979

I have had 2 layouts (1 page each) on my desk forever and just stared at them, nothing would come to me. I finally decided that they were worth scrapping and remembering so I buckled down and did them this morning. I actutally love them! THey aren't quite finished but I'm very happy with them. Just had to force myself to do them. So glad they are behind me though!

Now I'm to a two page layout that I'm having a lot of fun with. One page is my son's first time at the shooting range (He did great!)

THe right side is me shooting my Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 and at the bottome is my Sexy 6' bodyguard shooting his Glock.

I'm having fun with these pages. Not getting terribly creative because I have paper with a bull's eye and "Right On Target" so there isn't much I'm going to do with embellies. I may do one more page about "Sam" (Bill's Glock" and "Sammy" (My Smith & Wesson). That could be fun.

After these 2 or 3 pages I move on to the month we were in Hawaii in Jan-Feb. Lots there. Probably a full 3-ring 12 x 12 binder but I won't know until I get into it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-04-12 05:40 PM
In response to Henri Jean

Wow, sounds like lots of folks took some fun trips over the long weekend! Can't wait to see some of the LOs that come out of them!

I have not been able to scrap much at all in the past few weeks. On Saturday a friend of mine came over, and I showed her my engagement pages. Each page had one little thing that I still needed to do before they were completely finished. So this morning I made myself finish all of them, and then I took pictures and posted them up here. I wish I'd been able to do some new LOs, but I hope to this upcoming weekend.

Wow, I hope you're right about being able to rearrange the order of our photos! I didn't think to post them in order but it would be nice to be able to change them.

Question - why do people get upset when you post a bunch of pages all at once? I've never heard of this?

Henri Jean, I can't wait to see your shooting range pics! I have been wanting to do a shooting range LO but I have a really hard time getting any decent pictures. I shoot at an indoor range and the light is just horrid, so all my pictures are either really dark or washed out from the flash.

Linda, how are your projects coming along?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Vae

Finished the 60-page Washington DC album tonight! Woo!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I found really great paper that says, "Right on Target" in white on black paper and then also in white it has a bull's eye. Really cute. Since that was all in black and white I followed the rest in black and white with the color photos.

The titles/journaling is typed as more of a title, not many words, on white and then put on a black mat with white double mat. I like the effect.

Now I'm almost finished with the first 2 pages of Hawaii - or at the point where I can put them in a file to finish when I get to the next crop. THen I will do the finishing touches and gle it all down.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-04-12 07:33 PM
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Finished the 60-page Washington DC album tonight! Woo!

Woohoo! Congrats!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-04-12 07:35 PM

• Henri Jean Said:
I found really great paper that says, "Right on Target" in white on black paper and then also in white it has a bull's eye. Really cute. Since that was all in black and white I followed the rest in black and white with the color photos.

The titles/journaling is typed as more of a title, not many words, on white and then put on a black mat with white double mat. I like the effect.

Now I'm almost finished with the first 2 pages of Hawaii - or at the point where I can put them in a file to finish when I get to the next crop. THen I will do the finishing touches and gle it all down.

That paper sounds adorable! I'm sure I'll be adding something like that to my wishlist or shopping cart soon. I promised the hubs I'd go on a spending freeze for a while. He very nicely mentioned that I might spent a little less time shopping and a little more time actually scrapping. LOL!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Vae

I am working on the June Heritage Challenge which involves a photo before 1960 and a "twist:" it has to include a male. I am doing a 2-pager about my grandpa, who died of alcoholism the day b4 my 12th birthday. Grandma was married to him for 36 years, and for most of that time, he was an alcoholic. He put her through hell, spending the family grocery money at the bar. There is a lot of bitterness in our family b/c of grandpa. No one talks about memories of him at all, and I wanted to change that.

Whenever grandpa was drunk (which was all the time, tho he DID hold down a job), he talked about his sister Arlene. When he was little, he watched in horror as his sister got her shoelace caught in the bus door and was dragged down the street, killing her. He was always talking about Arlene. I think surely the man deserves compassion, not contempt, and i am trying to capture this in my layouts.

Kim

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am forcing myself to work on my dd pages again. I hoping they help me. It is the starry night ones that I started last week. They are cute papers.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Jarvae - if you want I'll get info to you about the "Right On Target" paper - its perfect for target shooting layouts. Just let me know. I still have the strips on the pages so I can see who makes them if you want that info.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-05-12 03:09 PM

Oooh yes please! I'd love to know. Hopefull they are still available somewhere. Thanks Henri Jean!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

sending you a pm.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-05-12 07:02 PM

Linda, good luck on your pages! I know it's hard sometimes to finish something. I get so "stuck" sometimes. I have a few pictures that I have been staring at for a month. I hope you find your muse tonight and are able to get some pages made!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-05-12 07:03 PM
In response to Vae

Thanks Henri!

Heather N
Expert
Heather N
In response to anda11

Hang in there Linda. All I am doing now is scrapbooking now that I am out of a job.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends... My friend & I were going to meet to crop this am but she is sick. We will go as soon as we can. I am going to try & work on those same pages.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey everyone. I did work on my pages yesterday. I didn't finish cause I wasn't feeling well. I hope they make me feel better today. I am going to try to finish them now. hugs to everyone

Edited by anda11 on 06-07-12 06:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I hope you are feeling better today Linda! I have a 4 pages spread out and I'm working on them. Need to get them moved on down the line and start some more! They are basically just pictures from Hawaii.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-07-12 08:46 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, hope you are feeling better!

I started looking at the pictures from my wedding. The photographer gave us 777, plus we have all the ones that other people took. It's really overwhelming to go through them and pick the ones I want. Then I have to do some edits. The photographer was supposed to edit them, but his idea of edits and mine must be very different because I don't think he did anything.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

That is a lot of wedding photos! You will enjoy working with them and reliving the memories.

That is how I feel when I'm working on mine - I'm reliving the memories.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Thanks guys.. I am still feeling that way but I am plugging away at these pages. I keep adding more stuff. They are 95% done. I haven't read all of your posts yet>.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I can't believe they are done!!! YEAH! I love the first 2 pgs but not sure I love the pocket one.

[image] Science Olympiad 1991 Angela pg 1 By Anda11http://[/image]

[image] Science Olympiad 1991 Angela pg 2 By Anda11http://[/image]

[image] Science Olympiad 1991 Angela pg 3 By Anda11http://[/image]

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am working on some stuff around here. If I get time, I have 2 more kiddie pages to scraplift using the same paper. If I have time.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm hoping to have some scrapbook time tomorrow to work on my never-ending Tahoe Trip album. I was going to work on it today, but...tada! ...I made my first card. I've made them on the computer before, but this was printed on the 'puter, but scrapped on the front, with a little bling & stamping thrown in on the inside. Now I'm going to try to get a couple birthday cards done that I need for next week.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I needed an image of a ship's wheel and/or anchor for a layout I'm working on and couldn't find one on any of my Cricut carts so decided to check my Slice carts. I have 17 about 24 carts and those little folded books are a pain to get out and check to see what you have or don't have.

And 17 of them were new from when Michae's quit carrying them and 12 of them were in the boxes so I couldn't even get to the little foldout things.

I copied all of them on the back side. Then trimmed it with paper trimmer and put the front of the foldout across the top and the back which was copied under that so each cart and all the images are on one page. The pages are landscape becuase the folders are wide and they work perfectly at 94%.

That took all evening! I have been putting that task off for many many months!

THen I thumbed through my notebook (they are in plastic sheets) and came right to a cartridge with the wheel and the anchor.

Need to cut them out tomorrow and I have about 8 or 10 more pages laid out on white paper with rough arrangement. Just need to fine tune embellies and select patterned paper and cardstock.

Should have that done tomorrow and will then work on about 10 more.

I have Saturday and Sunday to scrap.

Monday there is aan early flight from Jacksonville to Hawaii. I'm really trying to get BIll to wait until mid-July.

We have a cruise from Seattle to Alaska then. I can't see flying to Hawaii and back home - then back to the west coast and on to the Alaska cruise.

If we wait until July we can fly to Hawaii, stay a couple weeks to get our work done, then to Alaska, then wherever else we want to go without going back and forth across the country several times.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hey guys, I really do not feel like scrapping. I have this adorable lift to do so I am going to force myself to do it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

When I force myself Linda I find I often like the results a lot better becasue I have to try harder. When I don't feel like it and don't want to or have lost interest in what I'm scrapping I come up with my favorite stuff.

Maybe the emotions aren't there like they are with the stuff I like to do so I"m able to focus more on being creative? I don't know but I do have the best luck when I don't partilarly want to do something.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
When I force myself Linda I find I often like the results a lot better becasue I have to try harder. When I don't feel like it and don't want to or have lost interest in what I'm scrapping I come up with my favorite stuff.

Maybe the emotions aren't there like they are with the stuff I like to do so I"m able to focus more on being creative? I don't know but I do have the best luck when I don't partilarly want to do something.

Oh Henri, You are probably right. I will probably like them when done. To be honest, I always want to scrap or work on pics or organize my stuff. I do love every single moment I am doing scrappy stuff. It is just cause I have been sad about Rich & moving. I know you know. It has made me feel better mostly though.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-09-12 08:16 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, I think your pages are adorable! Congrats on getting them done!!

Henri, all I can say is... wow. I decided to only have a Cricut just for that reason because I didn't want to have a ton of things to have to sort through. You're so resourceful!

I was supposed to have all day yesterday but ended up getting stuck at my sister in law's house for like 4 hours. There went my day. I spent my evening editing wedding photos. I got all the pre-ceremony ones done and about half of the ceremony ones. The formals and the reception have the most pictures though, so that will take the rest of my weekend. I had really hoped to have this done by now so I could scrap this weekend, but I fell behind. Oh well.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

As long as you are enjoying the sorting and editing. I love that part of it.

I've done no scrapping today - just organizing but I have to do that when I start buying stuff and it stacks up. I don't use it becuase I forget about it.

Last night when we got in bed BIll got back up and came in the office. I didn't know what he was doing - he was able to see a light in the hall that I couldn't see from my side of the bed.

It was my ott light.

THe front flips up and down to turn it off and onn. There are no switches.

He was gone about 5 minutes and I could hear him grumbling. He couldn't figure how to turn off my ott-light.

Finally he got it and came back to bed complaining becuase he spent so long figuring it out.

WHen I first got it I looked for a switch too.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

Cleaning the house and putting the studio a 100% back to normal. The jeep is going in to the shop for 12 days and I am going to be home all that time hopping to get a lot of work done. Since i will not be out driving everyone around. Plus i get to sleep in those 12 days ..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I know you will enjoy sleeping in! ANd you will get a lot done - maybe a lot of scrapbook pages!

It's 11:15 and I'm debating whether or not to start some new pages tonight!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-09-12 08:24 PM

I do enjoy sorting and editing... somewhat. I easily get overwhelmed though. But I posted all the pictures on my facebook and my dear friend went through them and "liked" all the ones she thought were keepers. It really helped me to have an outside opinion on them since am so emotionally involved and I think EVERY photo is special. So that has helped me get through them a bit faster today. I still have a long way to go.

My dear (idiot) husband made a big mistake today - won't go into it here - but it happens from time to time. He's a wonderful man, but he still messes up sometimes. I needed to get out of the house for a while so instead of working on wedding photos, I went to Js and got some papers and embellies for my wedding album. Today was the last day of their 50% off sale. I've been there at least 5 times during this sale. But I also had another coupon for 20% off entire sale including sale items. So while I spent $60, at the bottom of the receipt it says I saved $90. Score!

Now time to work on wedding photos again. Oh and D(I)H had a lovely dinner, complete with wine and flowers and an apology card, waiting for me when I returned home. So he is forgiven as well.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Vae

Cleaning is going ok, Still a lot to do tonight, Took mil shopping for the next 12 days. Stopped at a small local store and got stickles for .98 each they where on sale. Then stop and M's and got something to make a jewelry display. So tonight I am going be cleaning the rest of the night and taking the jeep in at 7 am tomorrow.

We did pick up dh b day gift he is happy he got a new pc.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey dear friends, I am in my scrap room today getting ready to meet my bff at Archivers to crop tomorrow. We haven't been for 2 weeks so I really need it. Dh just got back from the new Dr. He always had back issues but they have gotten very bad this yr. His new dr said he has to have surgery because his spine is off & it will get worse. He can't do it until his aortic anuerysym is removed. His cardiologist always said it was much too small to remove. Since he is a heart surgery patient, he didn't want to do it unless necessary. He is quite upset. and so am I. The back recovery is 3 months which is much longer than his bypass. It does not have to be done immediately thankfully. Oh my gosh guys.... I can't lose him.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Oh Linda, I'm just glad he doens't need to do the surgery now. Maybe he never will!

I am so sorry your husband is having so many issues. My husband is a pace maker patient and that makes everything a little more difficult!

Page 1 of 69 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics