Page 100 of 100 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to gluemore girl

Thank you, everyone. I'm heading to NYC on Tuesday and have rested all weekend. I'm starting to feel a lot better.

My parents are going away until Thursday, which prompted me taking a day trip to NYC. I think I'll work on some scrapbook pages too.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to pierced_scrapper

Finished one of my Math assignments a week early so going into the next one starting Tuesday. I am feeling free to go away next weekend (I was having Math guilt). Back to work this week and the spring ahead is about to take me full force. As much as I tried, I could not get up earlier last week.

Jess, Have fun in NYC! We went last week and spent some time near the Highline park, Chelsea market and took in the Whitney Warhol museum. Can't wait to hear about yours!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Your trip sounds nice! Depending on the time I have, I might have to check out the Warhol Museum.

I went to Michael's yesterday and was disappointed - I hope the Michael's in my town isn't closing. I'm ordering some supplies from Scrapbook.com since they have ice skating themes. I might see what we have in way of NYC.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Just got my pics from our trip to NYC and now to find/make a page kit to go with them. Jess, hope you had fun!

Linda, check in when you can!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Maria, my trip to NYC was amazing and fun! I took ice skating lessons at Rockefeller Plaza, then did an hour of free-skating. I met some kind people on the rink and Erin, my instructor, was patient and helpful. I learned new tricks too!

I then traveled down to Coney Island, dipped my feet into the water, walked along the water, took photos of the scenery, then set up my towel I brought and lounged on the beach for another hour. Peaceful and it was fun watching the dog walkers. I also walked the boardwalk. I want to go back in the summer.

I have to order photos and I want to order some scrapbook supplies. My ice skating scrapbook supplies came in today and the stickers I ordered I'll use for my New York scrapbook. I think I'll buy paper, design a scrapbook, and then get a 3 ring binder for the creation. Something different.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Jess, that sounds like you had a blast! I've never skated at Rockefeller Center nor have I seen the tree at Christmas time.
Can't wait to see your LO's!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

I started planning my LO's. I'm going to order some of the photos this weekend and look on here for supplies.

Last weekend when I went into Michael's, it looks like they are closing. I told mom and she said that rumour has it, a Hobby Lobby is going to replace it. I've never been into a Hobby Lobby, do they sell scrapbooking supplies?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I started planning my LO's. I'm going to order some of the photos this weekend and look on here for supplies.

Last weekend when I went into Michael's, it looks like they are closing. I told mom and she said that rumour has it, a Hobby Lobby is going to replace it. I've never been into a Hobby Lobby, do they sell scrapbooking supplies?

that is great news I love hobby lobby we have mikes, joanns and hobby lobby they have a great selection on scrapbook supplies and card supplies too they have great sales weekly :).. and they have a 40% off a regular price coupon every week....they send in your mail.. they also have email list where you can get the coupons there as well as the sale items I have ordered from them before and it came packed nicely

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I hope a Hobby Lobby does open up here! Sounds like a nice little store.

I ordered photos yesterday - freebies from Shutterfly and Free Prints, but I did have to pay for shipping. I only ordered 52; I wanted to order 20 more, but maybe next week when I get paid. I paid some bills with the library pay this week and I bought my aunt orchestra tickets with part of the tax refund.

Next week my Happiness Box project display comes down and I am thinking of taking a longer break of scrapping that to work on NYC. Something a little different.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Monday Morning!
I went for a bonus weekend crop and came back with 9 pages done. I do need to add a couple of finishing touches but will do that once I get a chance which could be a while.
I scrapped our NYC photos and love how it turned out. I'll post on the weekend. I have plans one day to make a NYC mini album because of all the beautiful things I've observed.

I like HL too. We visited one on the way up to our crop and I got a few stickers and a small tote bag for embellishments. I'm due to re-organize embellishments that I did not use in the page kits I brought. The only thing to remember about HL is they are closed on Sundays.

Linda, hope you and Dave are doing okay. Thinking of you

Edited by gluemore girl on 03-25-19 02:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have been feeling bad lots of days for some reason my table is full of those folders for my cameo and other sites.. I found a page of my son pretty much done so I am trying to work on that on my desk.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Linda, I know the feeling. I hope your spirits lift soon. Take as much time as you need.

Maria, that crop sounds fun! Four years ago I joined meetup.com, but never really used it. I see there are a few crop groups in my area; I'm going to inquire about where they are located and see if it's affordable to take a Lyft to.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Linda, I know the feeling. I hope your spirits lift soon. Take as much time as you need.

Maria, that crop sounds fun! Four years ago I joined meetup.com, but never really used it. I see there are a few crop groups in my area; I'm going to inquire about where they are located and see if it's affordable to take a Lyft to.

thanks hon I think part of it might have been that Dave might have to go more often to the hospital and stay sometimes but I do not think that is true.. they are sending nurses to the house and therapy too to keep him home thankfully. plus I am pretty sure that my computer will not work with my cameo either. it is windows 7..on my ancestry.com which I go often only shows part of my tree. I have lots of pages in progress that are for my cameo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I realized the date and I am writing up my heritage challenge now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again I am going to work on my heritage challenge again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am checking in again today I am going to work on my heritage challenge again today

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!

All is okay here. It's been a busy week. Looking forward to the weekend even though I will need to do homework to get caught up.

Linda, I have a great Heritage page for the challenge. I'll finish it up this weekend for posting.
Have a good day!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!

All is okay here. It's been a busy week. Looking forward to the weekend even though I will need to do homework to get caught up.

Linda, I have a great Heritage page for the challenge. I'll finish it up this weekend for posting.
Have a good day!

I am sorry that you are having a busy week I am sorry that you will need to do some homework on this weekend I am glad that you have a heritage page for this challenge too

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Did Math homework and got some paperwork caught up for home. Today I have plans with a friend so looking forward to that.
Hope everyone is well.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Bills are paid and now I'm broke for another two weeks. I do get the library pay next week, but I have one more bill to pay and groceries. I was going to AC Moore last night, but had socks I needed to buy, and I think I'll just order my supplies on here for now. Scrapbook.com seems cheaper.

My NYC photos came in (some of them) and as I wait for paper, I'll work on my journaling. I'm thinking of getting a binder album - do binder albums come with paper or do I have to supply my own?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Did Math homework and got some paperwork caught up for home. Today I have plans with a friend so looking forward to that.
Hope everyone is well.

I am so glad that you worked on your home work and home papers too. I am glad that you have plans with a freind too

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
Had a good weekend overall. No scrapping but I do dream about it, lol. My craft room is a bit messy and at some point I'd like to spend some time straightening it up. I have until Easter when DD will be home. Cross fingers I get it done.

Jess, the binders I get do not come with paper. I get the WRMK brand.
Linda, hope you and Dave are doing well.
Hugs

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Well, it's national poetry write month and I've been working on poems and I have a book discussion in two weeks. I only finished one page of my NYC album. I found that if I scrapbook before bed, I'm up all night, thinking about projects.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning!
Jess, I used to love poetry. I read and wrote as a young girl/woman. After nursing school, I stopped writing and reading (got back to reading in the past 15 years). Weirdly enough, being back in school and having to write papers, I've felt some of my desire to write come back. I am planning to write an article for a journal after I graduate this summer. It's another bucket list item to publish.
I actually love to look at scrap videos before bed and thinking about scrapping takes other things off my mind so I can fall asleep. It is stimulating to some degree but it works for me, funny, right?

Linda, I hope you and Dave are okay. Haven't heard from you in a while. Check in when you can, please

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

That is funny! I used to be that way, but ever since I underwent that trauma and work a job I don't like, I am finding that only reading before bed puts me to sleep... and actual resting. I miss creating before bed.

That makes sense! I have found that when I am busy, especially with academics, I want to write more. I hope you do publish the article, I would love to read it.

Yes, Linda, I hope you and Dave are well!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am sorry but I have been feeling bad again I have most of my challenge done.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, So glad to see you checking in again and that you started your heritage challenge!
I have a crop night this Friday. Not sure what I'll work on but thinking I'll bring photos and pages for DS's swim team photos and get them ready for when I go to an all day crop on NSD.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I had to move my craft stuff to let Walter prepare the copper ceiling tiles. So no crafting for a month maybe more,

I have been so bad, but this is my birthday month so I am writing off all the craft stuff I have ordered as "birthday presents". My budget my rues. lol

Tim Holtz has Geo dies, Intricate Lace dies, Crochet Border dies and Adorn dies that just had to be bought.

My monthly crop is this weekend. I am taking all my new dies and will play with them. Also taking my Brother Scan N Cut and will learn some new stuff and play with it. I cannot get anything done as all my craft stuff is stacked in a corner and this is all I can get to.

With furniture all moved and in disarray my cat AND ME are at a loss. Ughhh my house is a mess.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I think part of the reason I have been feeling bad is cause I have not been out for months My daughter came over & gave me a shower last night thankfully So we are going to Hobby Lobby this afternoon then we are going to Wallys too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I had to move my craft stuff to let Walter prepare the copper ceiling tiles. So no crafting for a month maybe more,

I have been so bad, but this is my birthday month so I am writing off all the craft stuff I have ordered as "birthday presents". My budget my rues. lol

Tim Holtz has Geo dies, Intricate Lace dies, Crochet Border dies and Adorn dies that just had to be bought.

My monthly crop is this weekend. I am taking all my new dies and will play with them. Also taking my Brother Scan N Cut and will learn some new stuff and play with it. I cannot get anything done as all my craft stuff is stacked in a corner and this is all I can get to.

With furniture all moved and in disarray my cat AND ME are at a loss. Ughhh my house is a mess.

I am sorry that your craft supplies had to move for the ceiling tiles I am so glad that you are buying lots of wonderful goodies for your birthday I am also so glad that you do have a crop this weekend too to try out your new birthday goodies
I want to wish you a very very happy birthday

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda, So glad to see you checking in again and that you started your heritage challenge!
I have a crop night this Friday. Not sure what I'll work on but thinking I'll bring photos and pages for DS's swim team photos and get them ready for when I go to an all day crop on NSD.

I am so glad that you have an crop this weekend I think working on your sons swim pages sound like fun

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
Had a good weekend overall. No scrapping but I do dream about it, lol. My craft room is a bit messy and at some point I'd like to spend some time straightening it up. I have until Easter when DD will be home. Cross fingers I get it done.

Jess, the binders I get do not come with paper. I get the WRMK brand.
Linda, hope you and Dave are doing well.
Hugs

I am so happy that your dd will be home for Easter
I hope that you do get your room clean in time

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

dear freind Maria.. I called you Linda in my heritage challenge. I am so very sorry

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Well, it's national poetry write month and I've been working on poems and I have a book discussion in two weeks. I only finished one page of my NYC album. I found that if I scrapbook before bed, I'm up all night, thinking about projects.

that sounds nice I think some of my family members used to write a little poetry I am glad thaat you finished one page but if it makes you not sleep well after then I would stop..

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
Jess, I used to love poetry. I read and wrote as a young girl/woman. After nursing school, I stopped writing and reading (got back to reading in the past 15 years). Weirdly enough, being back in school and having to write papers, I've felt some of my desire to write come back. I am planning to write an article for a journal after I graduate this summer. It's another bucket list item to publish.
I actually love to look at scrap videos before bed and thinking about scrapping takes other things off my mind so I can fall asleep. It is stimulating to some degree but it works for me, funny, right?

Linda, I hope you and Dave are okay. Haven't heard from you in a while. Check in when you can, please

I hope that you do get to publish something someday

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
That is funny! I used to be that way, but ever since I underwent that trauma and work a job I don't like, I am finding that only reading before bed puts me to sleep... and actual resting. I miss creating before bed.

That makes sense! I have found that when I am busy, especially with academics, I want to write more. I hope you do publish the article, I would love to read it.

Yes, Linda, I hope you and Dave are well!

I do hope that you are able to find a new job that you love soon

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Had fun at my crop night last night. I worked on laying out DS's swim pages and then realized I didn't have all the photos so I spent some time on snapfish, screenshooting the photos that are on there so I remember which ones to look for. Also took photos of the potential LO arrangements for what I had with me. I bagged the photos w/the papers and embellishments in separate bags so that I have those ready to crop. I did do one LO of me and my pup so will post later on.

Linda, it's okay if you called me Linda, lol... just don't call me late for dinner.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Sorry for the absence. I accidentally glutened myself on Sunday, and while the gastro symptoms disappeared in a few hours, the anxiety and depression lingered for three days. I've also been working on NaPoWriMo.

This week has been busy - I went to see Juice on Wednesday, ice skating last night, and I'm taking my aunt to the orchestra tonight. Not sure if I'll have time to scrap this weekend; when I get home from work, I have to work on a poem and get ready for tonight. Tomorrow is a book discussion. I often feel overwhelmed in spring.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning! Worked on my Stats chapter most of yesterday but took time for a walk and then DH and I used a gc to go out to dinner. Today is more Math. I'm trying to finish the class a week ahead of schedule so it does not interfere with my next and last class!

Jess, sorry you weren't feeling well. I know that feeling of being overwhelmed and currently pushing that feeling away as often as possible. I remember a quote from a celebrity saying, "We're busy cause we're blessed". Puts a different spin on it and that helps (sometimes, lol). Someday soon, I will join a book club. School will be done and I'll have the time to start... this fall?

Linda, hope you are enjoyed your day out with DD and that you got something fun at HL!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

That's a good way of looking at it! I like that. Not feeling too well again today... went to two places and might have had cross contamination with gluten. Mom yelled at me and said, "you're annoying. You're never coming out to eat with us again." It's tough being the only one with food sensitivities and religious restrictions.

Book discussion went well. I'm about to send an e-mail out to people about my weekend. If I'm up to it later, I'm going to start working on Happiness Box 2018 scrapbook again. Put NYC to the side and think about it some more at a later date.

I have a crush on someone at work and last year he agreed to a selfie. I finally sent it to him on Friday. LOL. 8 months later. We chatted for a bit and it reminded me I wanted to work on the album some more since that selfie is with Happiness Box 2018.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

My weekend crop went well. I got my ScanNCut updated and learned a lot about it. I played around with it for hours learning new things about it, I got my new dies organized (on the magnetic sheet, outlined in white and in their page protector}. I did not get around to the dragon eyes as It took a long time with the internet accepting our machines.

Still no craft space here. I can't complain as I am getting a new ceiling.......eventually.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I have this enlargement on my table of Ang & I at sesame st live which I love I have a nice selection of photos from there too I also have a pic of David sitting in his big bird chair which I love I was wanting to scrap them but I do not have any sttickers or paper for them I was going to use my cameo but I can't cause I am having problems with this tower since it is windows 7 and old...part of my ancestry page does not show up and part of my pinterest does not work either. since I am getting a new one I am not going to update this one. plus the cameo guy told me how to get my images and I am afraid to try it on this one cause they probably wont show up
no body carries the sesame st stuff anymore I found some on ebay thankfully the one that used to be in the lss which are sao cute I may start buying some of these cause both kids loved watching it

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
DD is home as her school is on spring break. It's nice to have her here. I had yesterday off and spent the day doing school work but when DD got here we got to spend the rest of the day together.
I got her room/my craft room cleaned up and that was a feat since I had stuff all over the place, lol.

Linda, I don't have any Sesame St stickers. Glad you found some on eBay.

Southgirl, glad you had fun at your crop with your scan-n-cut. Playing with my cameo more to figure it out is definitely on my list to do.

Jess, Hope you're feeling better and that you are having a good week.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Feeling better. I went to a Passover Seder last night. Have been thinking about my religious journey again. What I chose 4 years ago doesn't really fit my life anymore and what I was baptized doesn't either. The more I think about it, the more I want to be unaffiliated, become spiritual, and celebrate with people of all faith traditions.

Hope everyone has a happy Passover and/or Easter!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Tonight feels like a scrapbooking night.

I hope everyone had a good holiday.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning!
Hope you all had a a nice holiday and weekend.
My 2 kids were home for just over 24 hours so it was nice. We had our dinner on Saturday night and a brunch Sunday morning so they could both hit the road by 1PM. Worked perfectly for them and us. I got a lot of my to-do list done and with the week ahead, I needed that. The sun peeked out long enough that DH and I got to take a walk. It was nice.

Jess, I think it is wonderful to learn about different religions, their roots and traditions. One day I'll take a college course or 2 just for the information. Hope you enjoyed your scrap time.

Linda, Hope you and Dave are doing well.

Southgirl, What a productive way to spend your crop time! Glad you got things figured out and looking forward to your new ceiling soon!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I watched this old youtube video about using wax paper and embossing folders and ink. I had tried it several years ago and it was ok but with Tim Holtz ink it is so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5eQa9-5LDo

Page 100 of 100 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics