Page 2 of 72 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Oh Linda, I'm just glad he doens't need to do the surgery now. Maybe he never will!

I am so sorry your husband is having so many issues. My husband is a pace maker patient and that makes everything a little more difficult!

Dave said that he will definitely have to have the back surgery cause his spine is so far out of line. He said that he couldn't do it until the Aneur. was taken care of cause when he moved thing s, he would break it. It isn't an emergency but should be soon.
How is your dh doing with his? Has he been feeling better?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

My bff had to cancel because she has to go to the dentist so we will go next week. I am going to work on the page I have in progress that I lifted.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to anda11

I plan to work on some 8x8 kits for a swap, one is fathers day and the other is moonstone/pearl June birthday.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Husband is doing great. He had to have blood work today so he insisted they squeeze me in for bloodwork too. We both go back on Friday for consults. We like to do all labs and dr. appointments together.

Our doctor does lab work every 3 months - I guess becasue we are over 60.

Bill is feeling great. His heart rate is perfect. Blood pressure is a bit low but they will adjust meds on Friday I think.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to TJCraftyWitch

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
I plan to work on some 8x8 kits for a swap, one is fathers day and the other is moonstone/pearl June birthday.

Those sound like fun! moonstone pearl sounds so pretty. I hope you have fun!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Husband is doing great. He had to have blood work today so he insisted they squeeze me in for bloodwork too. We both go back on Friday for consults. We like to do all labs and dr. appointments together.

Our doctor does lab work every 3 months - I guess becasue we are over 60.

Bill is feeling great. His heart rate is perfect. Blood pressure is a bit low but they will adjust meds on Friday I think.

I think having your tests done together sounds great! We used to go to the same dr & hospital & Dave had his cardio there too. I switched to a women & a different hosp yrs ago. I went to the same my Mom had cause I had to go to the Huntington dr & hospital. That is good your dr does them so often. You can find out things much faster that way. Glad to hear Bill's heart rate is good. I am glad to know they will get his BP under control too. I am so glad to hear he feels better.
I told Dave that we should be glad the anuer. is small. Glad it is not an emergency. He also said, this will keep it from rupturing later & killing him. Usually Dave's heart things have been bad. This is not.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am making the mats for my page. I have chosen which font for the letters too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, What are you guys doing this day? I am feeling very good because I had a couple retail scrappy therapy sessions. lol I am also going to go crop with my friend early this week. dh bought me 3 border punches for my birthday. luckily they were 50 off. He also had me go yesterday a buy a bag of goodies (for my birthday) to go with the syryp page that I have been gathering stuff for. The paper & pics have been hard to find stuff anywhere. It is baby pink, red, brown, dk pink, green & creamy yellow. I couldn't find anything at some places. I got so lucky to find 20 different ones at HL. I did buy about 9. I also got a bag of cool flowers that had a pink & red crochet lace flower in it. It is so darn cute. I also found some red brads that have pink stuff on them like hearts. Now I am so excited. I love to buy scrappy stuff.
This evening I am going to scrap. Try to finish the moon page I started. My son has to work tonight so he is taking all of us out for lunch tomorrow to celebrate both. He always gives me a scrappy gift card for gifts cause that is his tradition ever since I started scrapping.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-16-12 06:04 PM
In response to anda11

Well Happy Birthday! Glad you got some goodies- sounds like fun.

All I'm working on is STILL editing and sorting through wedding pictures. But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I divided the photographer's photos into 4 groups: Pre-ceremony, ceremony, formals/family, and reception. I'm *almost* done with the formals and then will just have reception. Well, that, plus all the pics that friends and family have sent me. But there aren't nearly as many of those.

My mom's funeral will be a week from today, and my wonderful hubby is working on scanning a bunch of her old modeling pictures for the slide show. He's going to do all that for me- I just can't do it right now. So working on the wedding photos has been a great distraction and I don't focus as much on pictures of her all over the house.

I was out of town for work all week, and while I was gone, I got at least one package every single day, including today (one day I got 3!!!). I finally got my J's order in- was disappointed that they cancelled one of the items I ordered- and I got some other goodies like pearls and such that I think will go great in the wedding book. I can't wait to be done editing pics and start SCRAPPING them. I am going to change my method and start printing photos every month so I don't fall so far behind again. This is seriously overwhelming, but I'm still having fun.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear dear friends, I haven't really been doing anything scrappy this week. I did go meet my bff at As to crop for about 5 hrs. We had such fun. I am going to finish my moon pages this weekend. I haven't posted too much here because I have been having headaches almost daily. some migraine & some from my low blood sugar.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Headaches are never fun—hopefully you can get over them soon. It sounds like you had fun scrapping with your friend. Glad you are getting a chance to do a little playing with your paper, glue and scissors~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Headaches are never fun—hopefully you can get over them soon. It sounds like you had fun scrapping with your friend. Glad you are getting a chance to do a little playing with your paper, glue and scissors~Judy

Thank you Judy! That is a great name. It was my Moms. My headache is much better tonight. I did work on my page a bit. It is not finished. Both kids came to visit so that was nice.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to anda11

Its my last day of vaycay. I have been off work sincce 6/14/12 and loved it. I will dreadfully return tomorrow. I have completed a few LO's already. I am working on one more today. Then it's back to scrapping on wknds.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-26-12 11:41 AM
In response to Mia1979

My 14 year old kid sister is putting me to shame. It takes me at least a day, sometimes more, to do a single layout. She has whipped out 3 already - one the other night and then 2 today, about to finish another one today. And I must say, they're pretty darn good! LOL!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

It sounds like you and your sister are having a good time together. I'm glad you have each other...and your wonderful-sounding hubby...to get you through this time.

I'm an only child, so having a sister to scrap with sounds like it would be fun, but my daughter and I get together most Thursday nights and work on her Hawaii album. Sometimes we get several pages done, but last week I was having her play with some of my scrapping toys and only one page got finished...but we had fun ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I haven't been cropping but my bff & I may go in the morning. :)I have been trying to comfort dh. He is scared about his surgery. I thought it was 2 separate ones but it is one long one. Still 5 mos recovery. In all of his heart surgeries & others he had over the yrs, this is the 1st one that he is scared. If we don't go to crop, I will try to work on the same pages that are sitting on my table. What are all of you doing?

Edited by anda11 on 06-28-12 05:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I found my scrap table. It was missing. lol maybe I can work on the layout that is there.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Well Happy Birthday! Glad you got some goodies- sounds like fun.

All I'm working on is STILL editing and sorting through wedding pictures. But I do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I divided the photographer's photos into 4 groups: Pre-ceremony, ceremony, formals/family, and reception. I'm *almost* done with the formals and then will just have reception. Well, that, plus all the pics that friends and family have sent me. But there aren't nearly as many of those.

My mom's funeral will be a week from today, and my wonderful hubby is working on scanning a bunch of her old modeling pictures for the slide show. He's going to do all that for me- I just can't do it right now. So working on the wedding photos has been a great distraction and I don't focus as much on pictures of her all over the house.

I was out of town for work all week, and while I was gone, I got at least one package every single day, including today (one day I got 3!!!). I finally got my J's order in- was disappointed that they cancelled one of the items I ordered- and I got some other goodies like pearls and such that I think will go great in the wedding book. I can't wait to be done editing pics and start SCRAPPING them. I am going to change my method and start printing photos every month so I don't fall so far behind again. This is seriously overwhelming, but I'm still having fun.

Oh I did not see where you just lost your mother. I am so deeply sorry. You have my deepest sympathies & hugs. It is nice that your dh is helping you with her modeling photos. I am glad you are able to work on the wedding stuff.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MrsD2008

Two pages of Florida Everglades done (or at least ready to finish mat and glue - will take about 15 minutes at the next crop) so now I'm off to start page 3. There are 5 pages.

After those 3 are done I have 3 more misc. Florida pages to do and I'm thorugh with that trip. That is my goal this weekend. WIll hopefully finish it today. I can do 6 more layouts today, and definitely by the end of the weekend.

Then I have a 1 pager from having houseguests and then a 1, possibly 2 pager from Bill's hospital visit.

THen its just piddly 1 and two page layouts - about 20 of them until I get to Key West. Then I'm caught up.

I want to be caught up so bad. We leave on a trip on Tuesday and I know I will bring back so much more to do in a month in a half or two months of travel.

Coming home to the scrapping caught up is like coming home to a freshly made bed with clean linens and all clean dishes.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I did two layouts. I just posted them on my blog. Now Im going to take a nap. I've been out since 9 am.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mia1979

I got one more page of the Everglades done and I think the last two pages are going to be 6 pictures of Alligators each. They are 4 x 6 and take up the full photos so there isn't much room to crop. I really don't think I can do much with blocking or anything because they take up the full photos so these two will probably just be photo pages. I am going to play with it for a while to see if there is anything I can do with these 12 alligator pictures.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

When my photo-screensaver comes on, I keep seeing pics of 'gators that we took, then when you talk about them, Henri, it makes me want to start on either my LA or FL album...but I just started scrapping another trip on our Tahoe album, so I'll at least finish that trip. I'm up to Dec., 1993...just a few more years to go & since we make at least two trips a year, this album will probably take me the rest of my life

Mia~I looked at your gallery. You've got some cute layouts...bright and happy looking!

I'm also hoping to use the Craft Wars 50% coupon at Mike's before it expires tonight. I just can't figure out what I want to buy. I have most everything I want that they carry, but I always NEED more punches

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Working on the Nike missle site which is in the Everglads and was used for defense during the Cuban Missle Crisis.

The research has been fasicnating - I learned so much. Now to edit it down so it fits on a page with the pictures.

THen the part of the Everglades with the crocodiles. I didn't know they had crocodiles but there is one place where salt water and fresh water come together or something and there are crocodiles. We just saw one but got lots of pictures of him.

ALl that leaves in the Flrida is a restaurant layout.

Three little one pagers - will get as much done as pottile tonight. THen maybe I can start another section of pages tomorrow.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi everyone, We had severe storms yesterday & today.Lots of trees were down. Had very strong winds. Dave lost his windshield too. Lots of thunder & lightning so I haven't been here much. Dave is not supposed to pick up sticks & logs. I could not get him to stop. He looked out later. 5 adult kids from one neighbor family were picking up stuff. The 4 neighbors from next door were here too. My son kept taking every ones stuff to the recycle place. I do not know how many trips it took. Today, Lowes (home improvement store) sent guys with chainsaws & bags to pick up the stuff. They were not charging anyone. Never saw them do that before. Dave had tears in his eyes cause it was so sweet. I spent the day cooking cause I shopped last night. I am going to make a thank you sign for the mailbox tonight.Dave took pics of everyone working in our yard.
After that, I will work on my layout.

Edited by anda11 on 06-30-12 06:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Two pages of Florida Everglades done (or at least ready to finish mat and glue - will take about 15 minutes at the next crop) so now I'm off to start page 3. There are 5 pages.

After those 3 are done I have 3 more misc. Florida pages to do and I'm thorugh with that trip. That is my goal this weekend. WIll hopefully finish it today. I can do 6 more layouts today, and definitely by the end of the weekend.

Then I have a 1 pager from having houseguests and then a 1, possibly 2 pager from Bill's hospital visit.

THen its just piddly 1 and two page layouts - about 20 of them until I get to Key West. Then I'm caught up.

I want to be caught up so bad. We leave on a trip on Tuesday and I know I will bring back so much more to do in a month in a half or two months of travel.

Coming home to the scrapping caught up is like coming home to a freshly made bed with clean linens and all clean dishes.

Yeah on getting those 2 everglades pages Henri! I hope you get all 5 of the everglades done soon so you can work on the other 3 FLA pages & be done! I do hope you get all the ones you want done so you can be caught up before you leave again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
I did two layouts. I just posted them on my blog. Now Im going to take a nap. I've been out since 9 am.

YEAH Mia on getting those 2 layouts done!! I hope you were able to sleep.
I saw both of your layouts. I love both of them. Both of the girls are so beaustiful. I left you some love.

Edited by anda11 on 06-30-12 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I got one more page of the Everglades done and I think the last two pages are going to be 6 pictures of Alligators each. They are 4 x 6 and take up the full photos so there isn't much room to crop. I really don't think I can do much with blocking or anything because they take up the full photos so these two will probably just be photo pages. I am going to play with it for a while to see if there is anything I can do with these 12 alligator pictures.

YEAH Henri on getting your everglades done!!! WHOOHOO I am glad your last 2 pages are simple. I am sure they will look good no matter how you arrange them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
When my photo-screensaver comes on, I keep seeing pics of 'gators that we took, then when you talk about them, Henri, it makes me want to start on either my LA or FL album...but I just started scrapping another trip on our Tahoe album, so I'll at least finish that trip. I'm up to Dec., 1993...just a few more years to go & since we make at least two trips a year, this album will probably take me the rest of my life

Mia~I looked at your gallery. You've got some cute layouts...bright and happy looking!

I'm also hoping to use the Craft Wars 50% coupon at Mike's before it expires tonight. I just can't figure out what I want to buy. I have most everything I want that they carry, but I always NEED more punches

Hello Mrs Driver. Do not feel bad about working on 93. I am still working on 87 Disney. lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

How awesome to have that help with your yard Linda! And to have the people from Lowes pitch in. That is what being good neighbors is all about!

I think a sign for the mailbox is a very sweet thing to do.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm glad you have some good neighbors and that Lowes pitched in also. Hope the weather calms down and you won't have any more damage.~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
How awesome to have that help with your yard Linda! And to have the people from Lowes pitch in. That is what being good neighbors is all about!

I think a sign for the mailbox is a very sweet thing to do.

We couldn't believe it. The adult kids grew up here. The Mom said that she remembered when her kids walked to grade school & Dave told her that they could walk through our yard cause it backs up to the school. She said she was always so thankful for that. I am sure going to miss them when we move. I know we will find other great neighbors there. Dave thought about the sign. I said let's make it a big red heart.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I'm glad you have some good neighbors and that Lowes pitched in also. Hope the weather calms down and you won't have any more damage.~Judy

Hi Judy,
It has been good today but pop ups storms tomorrow maybe. I hope there is no more damage.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Where are you moving to? If I missed it in your posts, I'm sorry. I know you're leaving the house your dad built, which has to be really hard. We were going to move "back east" a few years ago—even looked at some houses in MS, TN, GA & SC, but then the housing market fell apart and we just kind of forgot about it. We've lived in San Diego (same house) since 1978. Hubby is SoCal native and I don't think he was really into the moving thing. Now I see the weather everywhere else and I'm kinda glad we're still here...at least for a while But I'd love to live where they actually have trees & rivers. Yes, we have lots of trees, but not all smooshed together like on the other coast. Most of our rivers are dry for most of the year. I'm a CO native and I guess I'm glad I'm not living there right now either! San Diego has had its share of major fires and I don't miss them!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Mia1979

I spent all day yesterday at my friends helping her organize all of her scrapbooking, stamping and jewelry making stuff to sell off.

she only wants to quilt now so we organized it all, took pics and posted it on a fb group I'm on for girls we crop with and its just about all gone already - in hours!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

If you just put it up for sale and its nearly all gone in just hours - you did a great job of organizing it and getting it posted well!

Awesome!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

she sold her gypsy, cricut imagine, cricut cake (the big one), and about $2000 worth of jewelery making items (beads, tools, etc)

I think she only has some stamps, misc paper, magazines, embellishments left!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

WOW!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-12 08:00 PM

Happy Monday!

I've been MIA most of last week due to my sister being here. I'm trying to catch up but there are so many threads and blogs it just seems impossible, so I figured I'll just jump in here. Linda, such a bittersweet story. I'm sorry for the damage, but so happy that the neighbors helped out!

I spent this evening organizing my ribbon. This is at least the 3rd time I have reorganized it but I think I finally found a method that will stick. I needed to move them because I needed the container they were in for my ever growing paper collection.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

I hear that Jarvae! My friend gave me a BUNCH I mean a BOAT LOAD of stickles and TH powders and the like and in addition to what I have I know have to rethink how to organize it all. the little container I have for stickles is NOT going to hold all this!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Where are you moving to? If I missed it in your posts, I'm sorry. I know you're leaving the house your dad built, which has to be really hard. We were going to move "back east" a few years ago—even looked at some houses in MS, TN, GA & SC, but then the housing market fell apart and we just kind of forgot about it. We've lived in San Diego (same house) since 1978. Hubby is SoCal native and I don't think he was really into the moving thing. Now I see the weather everywhere else and I'm kinda glad we're still here...at least for a while But I'd love to live where they actually have trees & rivers. Yes, we have lots of trees, but not all smooshed together like on the other coast. Most of our rivers are dry for most of the year. I'm a CO native and I guess I'm glad I'm not living there right now either! San Diego has had its share of major fires and I don't miss them!

You do not need to be sorry at all. I may have only posted it one week & it may have been when you were gone. DH medical conditions have gotten much worse & he went on early retirement. we have 2 acres. He has to get on the roof when it rains because it leaks. He fell off recently. We are staying in this city. We are moving to a condo of some sort so he does not have to do that much yard work. He just found out he has to have back surgery & anerysym at the same time. It will be a 5 mos recovery. You are right. It will be so hard to leave but I want Dave to be safe.
I know what you mean about the housing market. It happens here too. Sometimes I wish I was out there out of the cold but I forgot about your rain. Rain is better than snow.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
I spent all day yesterday at my friends helping her organize all of her scrapbooking, stamping and jewelry making stuff to sell off.

she only wants to quilt now so we organized it all, took pics and posted it on a fb group I'm on for girls we crop with and its just about all gone already - in hours!!

Well that was really nice of you to help her do that! That is good it went fast.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
:)

she sold her gypsy, cricut imagine, cricut cake (the big one), and about $2000 worth of jewelery making items (beads, tools, etc)

I think she only has some stamps, misc paper, magazines, embellishments left!

I agree with Henri....WOW no wonder it went so fast!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to anda11

Just reorganized my scrap room to include a space for DGS. So have to get my brain in working order to figure out where I organized the stuff too! Oh and he now gives me lessons on distressing and he decided to download pics of LOs so he can show me how they are done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Happy Monday!

I've been MIA most of last week due to my sister being here. I'm trying to catch up but there are so many threads and blogs it just seems impossible, so I figured I'll just jump in here. Linda, such a bittersweet story. I'm sorry for the damage, but so happy that the neighbors helped out!

I spent this evening organizing my ribbon. This is at least the 3rd time I have reorganized it but I think I finally found a method that will stick. I needed to move them because I needed the container they were in for my ever growing paper collection.

I sure hope this method will work (((((HUGS)))))

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
I hear that Jarvae! My friend gave me a BUNCH I mean a BOAT LOAD of stickles and TH powders and the like and in addition to what I have I know have to rethink how to organize it all. the little container I have for stickles is NOT going to hold all this!

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY STICKLES & TH POWDERS! YEAH

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
Just reorganized my scrap room to include a space for DGS. So have to get my brain in working order to figure out where I organized the stuff too! Oh and he now gives me lessons on distressing and he decided to download pics of LOs so he can show me how they are done.

That is great Betty! You will have so much fun together.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 08:16 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:

I've recently been acquiring quite a few stickles myself. So last night I went to Home Depot and got some things to make myself a little Stickles organizer. So far I'm really happy with it! And I'm loving my new ribbon storage plan too. They are both much easier to work with now.

Now I'm going to try to find some vertical holders for my papers. I had them in a cart with 10 drawers and when I took them out and realized how little space they take up when they're just stacked, I realized how much space that cart takes up. Plus the drawers kept slipping out of their brackets and driving me nuts!

I hope everyone has a great Independence Day today!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 08:20 AM
In response to anda11

Linda, how is the move going? Everything still going on schedule, more or less? I am so sorry you have to go through all that.

Speaking of weather, it's been over 100 here almost every day, and 2 days ago the A/C in my truck decided to stop working. The hubster is outside working on it right now. He has taken the entire dashboard off and the radio and everything. This truck is my "baby" and this is the first time it has ever needed any work done to it. I don't know why but it's making me very nervous. I know, it's a small pity thing compared to the real problems everyone has, but still

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

Jarvae, what did you get to organize your stickles?

Stickles To Go By Ohio4HMom

this is how I "had" mine stored but now with all the ones she gave me (also included BIG bottles of the cheap stuff) I have no idea how to store them all! I probably have 3x this many now - just in stickles and not including the powders which I'd like to figure out how to store instead of just shoving them in a drawer.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 09:07 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

I don't think I have quite as many, but I will take a picture of mine. I wanted to store them upside down to prevent air bubbles, so I hot glued some of these PVC pieces together.

Stickles Storage By Jarvae

Stickles side view By Jarvae

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

those are cool! what are the pvc pieces? were they already that size?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-04-12 09:33 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

Yes, those are the 3/4 inch ones. I also glued together some 1" ones for my ice stickles and other larger bottles.

They come in contractor bags of 10 pieces and they are in the pipe section where they have all these types of pieces. These specifically are called Couplings. So I got 4 bags of the 3/4" couplings and 2 bags of the 1" ones. Then I just hot glued them together.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Vae

cool!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear dear friends, I have been very very busy. I have not worked on any scrappy stuff. I have been house hunting mostly. Trying to go through stuff in the house. I have been having migraines almost daily but they are gone now. I am so glad!!! I just invited my bff to crop at As today or tomorrow.
I sure hope she can go. I have not worked on my moon page but I am going to get my stuff ready to take.
I hope she can go.
what are you guys doing?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

That is such a cool idea!
I never thought of that (and DH builds and is at HD all the time )
I use the premade holders for stickles but I wish I would have thought to make one!

Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to kiyawinn

I am working on an an altered collage frame. I painted it "Spearment green" Very pretty color, I havent gotten any further than that. I also do layouts. So that makes 2 projects @ the same time now. Wish me luck.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear dear friends, I have been very very busy. I have not worked on any scrappy stuff. I have been house hunting mostly. Trying to go through stuff in the house. I have been having migraines almost daily but they are gone now. I am so glad!!! I just invited my bff to crop at As today or tomorrow.
I sure hope she can go. I have not worked on my moon page but I am going to get my stuff ready to take.
I hope she can go.
what are you guys doing?

Glad your migraines have let up. I used to get them and I know they aren't fun! Hope you find a place to live that you'll really be able to enjoy. It's too bad you have to do it, but hopefully you'll get through it all soon.

Enjoy working on your moon LO. I hope your friend will be able to go with you & you can have a fun day.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi everyone, My friend & I did got cropping at one of the few scrap stores left. We had so much fun. WE also went out to lunch. I totally relaxed. lol While we were in the restaurant,I got a migraine again. Luckily it was when we were done. We were going to go back yesterday but I still had it. Dave made a very good point.... it is probably caused by stress of the death, his surgery & moving.
I HAVE GREAT NEWS THOUGH... we are getting a smaller house probably. I was sad about not having a yard at all. We will be moving into a 3 bedroom not 2. That was making me sad to not have a place where we can have people over for a cookout. LOts of the condos do not have yard space or patio space either. I didn't want to not take my Moms patio table & all her plants. Some plants are from my gr gr grandparents. I was sad about losing them. I feel great about that.
I hope you all know that I am not mad at Dave because we have to move. I think you all know that he is the love of my life & I would never hesitate to move because of his medical issues.

I do not have a headache at the moment. I am getting out the moon page again. I would love to finish it today!

I will answer the rest of your posts in a bit.

Edited by anda11 on 07-14-12 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Linda, how is the move going? Everything still going on schedule, more or less? I am so sorry you have to go through all that.

Speaking of weather, it's been over 100 here almost every day, and 2 days ago the A/C in my truck decided to stop working. The hubster is outside working on it right now. He has taken the entire dashboard off and the radio and everything. This truck is my "baby" and this is the first time it has ever needed any work done to it. I don't know why but it's making me very nervous. I know, it's a small pity thing compared to the real problems everyone has, but still

I am spending lots of time house hunting. It is on track. I sure hope he doesn't do anything bad to your baby. I love my van. I would feel the same way as you. I am sure you are extra stressed right now with all you have been through.
((((HUGS)))))

Resident
In response to MrsD2008

sending you huge hugs and hope that you settle into your new home and find happiness there.

i am working on a mini manilla folder album for my daughers upcoming engagment, its an engagement planner...so she can keep all the organisation and planning in one spot.

i also just started my BOM.

and i am gathering bits and pieces for a medieval themed album for a friend, she is making me a wooden treasure chest and i am making her the album !!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to dee.is.me

I'm trying to use up all my die cuts some are made from Cricut and others are my own design but i have container after container of them and need to use them up so I am finding ways to make them work.

I don't want to throw them out and just start over again because it's like throwing money away so I let my creative jucies flow as they may.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hi everyone, I tried to force my self to work on my page but I couldn't. I feel better today so I am going to try & finish the moon page. My friend & I are going to go crop again on Weds so I am very glad. I do need the scrappy therapy. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have gotten one of the mats punched. I am now punching the other one. Then I can attach them to the page.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

Hi Linda,

I haven't been around lately with having a busy summer and just trying to keep up with my card making club. I have to finish the last 3 altered altoid tins for our "think outside the box" challenge that we are exchanging tomorrow night.

Scrap therapy is good for the soul. Hope all is well. As always, can't wait to see your latest LO.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Hi Linda,

I haven't been around lately with having a busy summer and just trying to keep up with my card making club. I have to finish the last 3 altered altoid tins for our "think outside the box" challenge that we are exchanging tomorrow night.

Scrap therapy is good for the soul. Hope all is well. As always, can't wait to see your latest LO.

Hi Peg, I know you are probably very busy this summer. I am glad you are able to scrap though.
I just came out to adhere the mats & pic

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to anda11

I'm planning on scrapbooking a really special pic of my mom...I'm having a hard time committing though! Sometimes it seems like when I have an extra special picture I have a hard time scrapbooking it...I guess maybe I think the page won't live up to how special the pic is to me...

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to anda11

I have extra time for scrapping in the summer which is awesome! I have been working on a bunch of layouts, getting them all "ready" to be scrapped. Tonight I spent time working on my journaling for layouts of our fun at a nearby lake and for layouts from a trip we took to Savannah,Georgia. The pictures from the lake came out so great! I have been so excited to scrap them. I found a great line of paper that they just go perfect with! I am hoping to have a scrapping get together next week to get all the layouts completed! Happy scrapping everyone!
Check out the awesome line of paper I used for the lake layouts...

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to pugs223

Hi Pugs223-The altered altoid tins sound cool! Do you have any pics so I could check them out? I'd like to try a project like that! Thanks.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
Hi Pugs223-The altered altoid tins sound cool! Do you have any pics so I could check them out? I'd like to try a project like that! Thanks.

I will be taking pics. I just thought of it this morning after having them all bagged up for the recipients that I didn't take pics yet (I try to take pics of all of my work). I'll let you know when I get them uploaded.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Ok, I tried to embed a few pics here of the altered altoid tins but it wasn't letting me. So there are some pics in my gallery of the tins (not trolling for comments, just want to share).

This is the site I used for a guide

http://sarahsinkspot.com/blog/altered-altoid-t in-album

I did not paint my tins. I used Mod Podge and picked papers that coordinated with the tins I bought

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-18-12 01:31 PM
In response to pugs223

I haven't had as much forum time as I like, so it's been really hard to keep up.

I finished sorting and editing photos for my wedding album- FINALLY. I ended up with just over 400. Is that a lot for a wedding album?

Well I have been having a hard time finding any printers around here who do a decent job. I vowed never to print at Ritz/Wolf Camera, CVS, or Walgreens. Now I can add Walmart to my list. 400+ pictures all printed crooked. It must be their machine because they said they ran out of paper in the middle of my job and they had to reload the machine, so I know it wasn't just the paper being in crooked. And out of 400, I don't know how they didn't notice the white at the bottom of every single one. Of course I'll go return them for a full refund, but it's still an annoyance.

But yesterday I uploaded them to Costco and picked them up today. They came out BEAUTIFULLY!!! I'm so happy with them! I hope to be able to work on this album this weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello my dearest friends, My good friend called today & invited me to crop This eve. WE had such fun. I am 95% done with one of the moon pages. I found the cutest brads to add to them. :)
I am planning on finishing them up tomorrow. What are you guys doing?

I started migraines in my teens. Always severe & had to use imitrex self inject shots cause there was nothing else. I got a women dr yrs later who told me they were hormonal & we figured out my triggers so I prevented them for yrs thankfully. Since I am older now, they are not severe anymore. Maybe a 3 or 4 pain level compared to my old ones. I have been able to watch tv & be on computer around lights which I used to have to go in a dark room with no sound. I do not get spots anymore. I don't throw up anymore. The over the counter pills have been working until last month.I didn't even know they make Imitrex pills. I have some now. They used to work. I hope they still do. I have another pill if they don't. He gave me another pill that will prevent them. Inderal I think it was. He agreed that I was under huge stress right now.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to anda11

My son went to his fathers for his 2 week summer visit so I said I was going to get some scrapbooking done. After looking at things for a week finally in the last 4 days or so I got 11 new two page layouts done!

Some lo's had been sitting in my page planner portfolio thing for 6 years! They aren't my best work but those 3 lo's are done!

Wish I had got more done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
My son went to his fathers for his 2 week summer visit so I said I was going to get some scrapbooking done. After looking at things for a week finally in the last 4 days or so I got 11 new two page layouts done!

Some lo's had been sitting in my page planner portfolio thing for 6 years! They aren't my best work but those 3 lo's are done!

Wish I had got more done.

I am so glad you had all that extra time to work on stuff. I am glad you got that many new ones done! WHOOHOO Don't feel bad... I have pages sitting in my drawers that are not done & I started them years ago.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I haven't had as much forum time as I like, so it's been really hard to keep up.

I finished sorting and editing photos for my wedding album- FINALLY. I ended up with just over 400. Is that a lot for a wedding album?

Well I have been having a hard time finding any printers around here who do a decent job. I vowed never to print at Ritz/Wolf Camera, CVS, or Walgreens. Now I can add Walmart to my list. 400+ pictures all printed crooked. It must be their machine because they said they ran out of paper in the middle of my job and they had to reload the machine, so I know it wasn't just the paper being in crooked. And out of 400, I don't know how they didn't notice the white at the bottom of every single one. Of course I'll go return them for a full refund, but it's still an annoyance.

But yesterday I uploaded them to Costco and picked them up today. They came out BEAUTIFULLY!!! I'm so happy with them! I hope to be able to work on this album this weekend.

Don't feel bad.. I haven't had much forum time either due to house hunting. I am sorry that you had a problem when they developed your wedding pics. I am very glad you found Costco & are happy! I am glad they came out beautiful. I have never made a wedding album but I love having tons of pics from a very special day. Do not feel bad.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to nrskrs

• nrskrs Said:
I'm planning on scrapbooking a really special pic of my mom...I'm having a hard time committing though! Sometimes it seems like when I have an extra special picture I have a hard time scrapbooking it...I guess maybe I think the page won't live up to how special the pic is to me...

That sounds like fun. I totally understand what you mean. I used to think that way & then I realized that every pic & memory of my mom are very very special to me. I am making these pages with love & they could not be bad when done because of that.

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to anda11

Very true!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to nrskrs

• nrskrs Said:
Very true!

I din't mean to say that all of your pics were not special. I just meant that we put such stress into ourselves when making these pages. I know my mom would love any single page I made about anything.
That is what I was trying to say.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am hoping to finish my moon pages now. Dishes were calling my name but now I am scrapping.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to anda11

Linda, sorry to that you have to sell your childhood home. When our parents retired (about 20 years ago)they sold our childhood house. Even though all 5 of us kids were out on our own, we couldn't stand the thought of them selling our home... Now both my parents are gone and us kids are selling their home they had built when Dad retired....now the Grandkids (all out on their own as well) are saying, "NO you can't sell Grandma and Papa's home! Well, we've had that house on the market for a year now....and it still hasn't sold...It is a beautiful home in a gated community with golf course, lake, and country club.... It's the economy...

ANYWHOOO!...I've been scrapping today...just completed one earlier today...now on to another one before I have to start dinner...

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • nrskrs Said:
Very true!

I din't mean to say that all of your pics were not special. I just meant that we put such stress into ourselves when making these pages. I know my mom would love any single page I made about anything.

Oh no I didn't take offense to what you were saying! I absolutely agree! And I love the layout I ended up creating.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Scrapkaty

I just finished a layout about my 4 year old daughter. I am getting ready to post it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to nrskrs

• nrskrs Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • nrskrs Said:
Very true!

Oh no I didn't take offense to what you were saying! I absolutely agree! And I love the layout I ended up creating.

Oh great! I am so very glad that you are very happy with the page you have made. YEAH!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
I just finished a layout about my 4 year old daughter. I am getting ready to post it.

Congrats on finishing it! YEAH! I left y ou some love. Your daughter is precious!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am almost done with both moon pages. YEAH I just need to adhere one title & 8 embellies & 1 pic. Then I am done.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Yea! Glad you're so close to finishing your moon pages. Are you busy thinking about what to work on next? It seems like I never really enjoy what I'm working on because I'm always thinking about the next thing I want to do ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Yea! Glad you're so close to finishing your moon pages. Are you busy thinking about what to work on next? It seems like I never really enjoy what I'm working on because I'm always thinking about the next thing I want to do ~Judy

Hi Judy, I always think about a million other pages to do too. I wanted to work on the syrup page that I bought all the cool stuff for but when I tried to get the picture of the bottle printed,
it kept cutting off the top. I need to try again cause maybe I cropped it. I also found my pages from Cirque in fla that I need to embellish so maybe I will do that

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to anda11

Hi, everyone!

I haven't been around much: I had a CNA class that kept me busy, and then, after the state exam on the 11th, I have been job-hunting full-time. Just occurred to me lately that I need to take some "me" time, so, here I am, hoping to chat with you ladies!

I really don't have a "project" going on, except for scrapping the first 5 years of our friend's son's life. He turns 5 in Dec, so I have some time. I have done all I can with what I have: I will have to get together with his mom to get the "lowdown" on the stories behind the other pictures she gave me.

So, without a project, but wanting to scrap, I have been looking at the challenges for inspiration. One was to do a "fall-themed" LO, and it seemed a perfect occasion to scrap a pic of my grandma and me from September 2007. I also wanted to get 2 LOs done for my mom (she can add them to one of the albums I have given her): one is about her 50-year friendhsip with her BFF, and the other is a pic of grandma, mom and me titled "Like mother, like daughter, like granddaughter."

Also, I just bought a circle cutter and wanted to do a LO with it. So tonight I glanced thru my pics and chose to scrap 2 of me at age 6, one twirling a baton and the other riding a bike.
I will take a pic of the LO and upload it tomorrow during daylight.

Linda, I am so sorry about your pain. Also, I admire you for "standing by your man." I know what you mean about doing whatever it takes for your man's health: I sidetracked my career as a scholar b/c it was in the best interests of my guy. I was studying Classics, and I got my Master's degree. That is as far as you can go in the state of Nebraska; I had planned to leave the state to get a Ph.D, and then to become a college professor. But Mark had an accident in 2001: he fell off a ladder at work, and he was in a coma for a few weeks (he was in a coma for 9/11). Recovery has been a long road, but he is getting better and stronger every day. Yay! But, I don't think leaving the state is the best thing to do. He has all of his rehabilitation services set up in Nebraska--I would hate to yank him away from that. So, we stay in the state. I probably will do some more schooling, though: to teach at the college level, one usually needs AT LEAST a Master's degree, plus 18 hours of more graduate-level study. I have a B.A. in English (and Classics--the study of ancient, mostly Greek and Roman, languages, literature, history, art, etc). So, the University of Nebraska-Omaha is right down the street. so I can pick up those classes and maybe teach at a community college or something part-time.

I am off to leave some gallery love.

Kim

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to jaspernonyx

((((Kim))))) I know how tough it is for you - my DD had 2 TBI's and all the therapy etc - its hard. Can you do your PhD online?

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Ohio4HMom

Ohio 4H mom,

I thought about doing a Ph.D online, but it is not something that is offered. I could get a B.A or a M.A in Classics online, but not the Ph.D. I did look, but it was a couple of years ago--may look again.

Plus, the reason I would want the PhD is so I could be a professor. There are only 2 places in Nebraska where one can study Classics, and the departments are tiny. So basically, I would have to hang around and wait till someone dies or retires. With student loans coming due...

Brain injuries are freaky. Some people go 100 miles an hour on a motorcycle with no helmet and do not have any TBI when they crash. My guy fell off the SECOND STEP of a ladder at work. I have heard of a young lady who had TBI b/c she fell out of bed.

Sorry about your daughter. Hope her recovery progresses nicely.

Kim

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hi Judy, I always think about a million other pages to do too. I wanted to work on the syrup page that I bought all the cool stuff for but when I tried to get the picture of the bottle printed,
it kept cutting off the top. I need to try again cause maybe I cropped it. I also found my pages from Cirque in fla that I need to embellish so maybe I will do that

Whenever my screen saver starts going through photos from trips we've taken, that's what I want to start working on, but there are so many trips and I want to do them all...plus Disney, Christmases, and so many more. Each one is what I want to do the most (..and I hadn't even thought about syrup. Yep, that would be good, along with jam. Those are things we buy for souvenirs since we get to enjoy the goodies and keep the jar/bottle as a souvenir. Jelly jars make neat candles or potpourri holders on my souvenir shelves.)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

YEAH I am done! please excuse if they are crooked or missplelled.

[image] Love you to the moon and back my sweet daughter Angela lift of Labgirl By Anda11[/image]

[image] Love you to the Moon and back my sweet son David lift of Labgirl By Anda11http://[/image]

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-24-12 08:38 PM

• mrsdriver5 Said:

Whenever my screen saver starts going through photos from trips we've taken, that's what I want to start working on, but there are so many trips and I want to do them all...plus Disney, Christmases, and so many more. Each one is what I want to do the most (..and I hadn't even thought about syrup. Yep, that would be good, along with jam. Those are things we buy for souvenirs since we get to enjoy the goodies and keep the jar/bottle as a souvenir. Jelly jars make neat candles or potpourri holders on my souvenir shelves.)

Same here I always have a million projects on my mind. Right now I'm doing wedding and that will likely take me the rest of the year, but I can't wait to start on some of my vacations. I just can't imagine ever being caught up or wanting to scrap but not having anything to work on. So far behind, hehe!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-24-12 08:41 PM
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
YEAH I am done! please excuse if they are crooked or missplelled.

Woohoo! Congrats! They look great!! What a fabulous feeling to have those completed

Sorry about the headaches tho. I do hope they subside but it's great that you were able to still get these finished!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Vae

I have a great picture of me and some neighborhood kids from 1980--a pic that I want to scrap. It's blurry, though. Walgreen's said they couldn't do anything with it, since it's not digital. The guy said that for around $30, they can send it to a place that may be able to help. Well, $30 is over 1/2 of my monthly scrappy budget, and I didn't know if i wanted to spend that on one picture. I aksed my new "buddies" over at "Just a Few Friends" thread, and the consensus is that I should just use the blurry picture. So that is what I will do.

This may turn out to be a 3-pager, which I have never done b4. The picture is us kids dressed up as goblins for the Riley Days parade in Greenfield, In. James Whitcomb Riley, called "the Hoosier poet," is from Greenfield. Every fall, the town holds Riley Days to commemorate him. So, I would want background info on Riley Days, Riley himself, and i may even include a short poem. That's how one picture turns into a 3-page spread!

Linda, I am very sorry that you are in pain, my friend. Glad you got your LOs done. I left you some lovins in your gallery.

Hope y'all have major FUN with whatever you are working on!

Later,
Kim

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Can't seem to get motivated to do my 3-pager. So, I am scrapping a pic of Mark and me taken Jan. 5th, when we had 64 degree weather.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-26-12 06:35 AM

Kim, how blurry is it? Any chance you have a scan of it that I could look at? depending on the level of the blur, sometimes there are things you can do with lighting to reduce the appearance of blur.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Vae

Thanks, Jarvae:

I don't know how to scan a photo so you could look at it. And I don't have a scanner. Thanks, though!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello everyone! We just had bad thunderstorms go through here. They are gone. YEAH. I am going to look through my scrap stuff to see what I want to work on. I am on day 5 with only 1 headache. I also started walking indoors for stress relief. I really didn't have any since I stopped working out months ago. I am so glad. :)
I will let you know what I am going to do.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have 6 cirque pages that I have the photo & a couple journal boxes. I need to add some embellies & maybe rework the journal boxes. When I put them away I did not have my big shot yet so I sure think some glitter swirlys or flourishes & new nesties. LOL

Page 2 of 72 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics