Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to southern lady

Linda so sorry you were not feeling well. I am glad you are able to go wed.

I have been to a few retreats but never a day crop to scrap. I did work sat. night crops at an lss for two years. It was a lot of fun. I wish there were some here. Saddly no scrapbooking stuff where i live. Thank goodness for being able to order online.

Andrea love how your book turned out.

Expert
In response to aquabunny

Andrea, your book looks great...and now I finally know what they are They look like fun!
I really want to do a layout this afternoon for ds2's album, but have zero inspiration at the moment....might just scraplift the layout from ds1's album of the same event....I wonder if they'll compare albums in the future
Then again, I might just take a nap......lazy Sunday afternoon and all......

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to christiscraps61

Kimberley Rae - what a great cause and one so personal to yourself.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Andrea, your book looks great...

there are really no crops out here either. I would love to go to one. well yesterday my mom sent the stuff and got it so now finishing the Christmas cards. Tuesday have to go in are big town and head to the scrapbook store and let her cut out some more die cuts and get oil change before we leave here.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
The book one got finished last night! There are a few more pictures in my gallery.

Configurations Mini-Book #1 - Inside By Aquabunny

Configurations Mini-Book #1 - Front Cover and Spine By Aquabunny

I... thought the purple one was done after I added the glitter vial this morning, but now I'm thinking about changing the inside front cover a little bit.

Oh Andrea this IS amazing I love every book papers, library cards, real book papers, the mini books, the charms & tags . The cover is amazing too. I love how you made the edges look like a real book I can see why you are so excited.. lol every single thing was perfect. I left you some love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

[quote=southern lady][quote=anda11][quote =southern lady][quote=anda11][quote =southern lady]well I got some paper yesterday that I order and I love it I made another wreath Christmas one. today go to the city to do some stuff.
[/quote]

congrats on your new paper. I am glad that you love it. I don't blame you for making another of the xmas wreaths. they sure look fun
[/quote]

yea they are but I am make to many of them and don't know what to do with them

[/quote]

how bout gifts??? or sell some
[/quote]

I could sell them but don't know who would buy them

[/quote]

How about Craigslist? They have one in every city. It is free. It is like a want ads online. They have categories. one is for art & crafty stuff. I have sold hundreds of things on there. There has only been 1 item that didn't sell. I have sold stuff I didn't need anymore or have duplicates or stamps that I was tired of. scrap totes, colored pencils, extra tools etc. Once you list//you are not able to relist until 3 days. But then your ad goes to the top. I have seen lots of people sell stuff they made too from cards, scrapbook pages..You must remember..they may not sell for a month or so but then they will.. don't be discouraged. There were some things that I had to relist many times but they did sell but like I said it is free

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Linda so sorry you were not feeling well. I am glad you are able to go wed.

I have been to a few retreats but never a day crop to scrap. I did work sat. night crops at an lss for two years. It was a lot of fun. I wish there were some here. Saddly no scrapbooking stuff where i live. Thank goodness for being able to order online.

Andrea love how your book turned out.

to be honest most of the crops that had been here were at night. I was in a local charity scrap club for yrs. we had many day crops at the stores bt it was reserved for our large group. we had 17 lss. we went to each store on the weekends Sat & sun for our crops. those were day. but we only have 2 stores now sadly & they are much further away but thankfully still open. but many of my friends & I used to meet at the lss in the day to crop for yrs (just like me & my bff now are going to hobby lobby to crop in the days but they are just us & not a scheduled crop.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

[quote=anda11][quote=sout hern lady][quote=anda11][quote =southern lady][quote=anda11][quote =southern lady]well I got some paper yesterday that I order and I love it I made another wreath Christmas one. today go to the city to do some stuff.
[/quote]

congrats on your new paper. I am glad that you love it. I don't blame you for making another of the xmas wreaths. they sure look fun
[/quote]

yea they are but I am make to many of them and don't know what to do with them

[/quote]

how bout gifts??? or sell some
[/quote]

I could sell them but don't know who would buy them

[/quote]

How about Craigslist? They have one in every city. It is free. It is like a want ads online. They have categories. one is for art & crafty stuff. I have sold hundreds of things on there. There has only been 1 item that didn't sell. I have sold stuff I didn't need anymore or have duplicates or stamps that I was tired of. scrap totes, colored pencils, extra tools etc. Once you list//you are not able to relist until 3 days. But then your ad goes to the top. I have seen lots of people sell stuff they made too from cards, scrapbook pages..You must remember..they may not sell for a month or so but then they will.. don't be discouraged. There were some things that I had to relist many times but they did sell but like I said it is free
[/quote]

I look into it. is it save site

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• christiscraps61 Said:
Andrea, your book looks great...and now I finally know what they are They look like fun!
I really want to do a layout this afternoon for ds2's album, but have zero inspiration at the moment....might just scraplift the layout from ds1's album of the same event....I wonder if they'll compare albums in the future
Then again, I might just take a nap......lazy Sunday afternoon and all......

hey Cristi.. I think you worry about some things you do not need to. lol I think both of them will be so grateful for all the pages about them They will not even compare anything. they will not worry if they have similar pages or not. They will see the tender love that you are putting into the pages & will cherish the memory. I know many people who scrap each child pages exactly the same.. I know people who don't. I do both some pages are the same but many are not

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
Andrea, your book looks great...

there are really no crops out here either. I would love to go to one. well yesterday my mom sent the stuff and got it so now finishing the Christmas cards. Tuesday have to go in are big town and head to the scrapbook store and let her cut out some more die cuts and get oil change before we leave here.

that is great now you can finish your cards Have a good time while you are at the scrapbook store.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I need to adhere my letters. I wanted to distress the edges & ink the vintage image . I am loving this card. so will Dave.

Expert
In response to anda11

Yes Linda, you are right.....they won't care.....they will just be happy those memories are recorded.....
I didn't find the motivation to start in the end.....so I took a nap instead I had a big week-end....hoping for some scrap time during this week though.
Danielle, enjoy playing with your new papers....

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am sorry that you didn't have any motivation maybe it will come back soon
I was going to come back onhere yesterday but Dave & I ran to Target for a couple things & stopped at Krogers for groceries.

now I hope to finish the card today. his birthday is in 3 days :)lol

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

well I finish all my Christmas cards. now I am work on some more cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

whoohooo that is fabulous

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

yea now I made this cute Halloween card that I am going to send my old boss that I feel like a grandma . for Halloween I miss her.. I take a pic of it when I am done

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

i finally finished my cards.

birthday By Andrea M

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

happy birthday By Andrea M

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

halloween card By Southern Lady

Uniquediva1t
New Kid On the Block
Uniquediva1t
In response to anda11

Thank you Linda, I appreciate the love. I am still tying to get the hang of this site. I have never done anything like this before. So please be patient with me.

Uniquediva1t
New Kid On the Block
Uniquediva1t
In response to andrea m

This card is BEAUTIFUL! What punch did you use for the boarder?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Uniquediva1t

Those cards are beautiful, Andrea.

I will be posting my second Configurations box later tonight - finally got some decent enough pictures.

Expert
In response to aquabunny

Congrats Danielle on finishing all your Christmas cards, I wish I was that organized! Love the spider card too!
Andrea, your cards are beautiful, thanks for sharing...
I am off grocery shopping this morning, but hoping to start an off the page project this afternoon.
Have a great day everyone....

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

thanks christiscraps61

I am not that great at cards that what I think.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

More pics in my gallery.

Configurations Mini-Book #2 - Inside By Aquabunny

Configurations Mini-Book #2 - Front Cover and Spine By Aquabunny

I've got five ideas for more of these... I love 'em.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

hey guys, just checking in at the moment.. I have to work on some of my files on my computer. I have a ton & I am organizing so I can put on a thumb drive cause I can tell it is affecting my computer. I will look at these new things & posts in a bit

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

those are nice aquabunny

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
yea now I made this cute Halloween card that I am going to send my old boss that I feel like a grandma . for Halloween I miss her.. I take a pic of it when I am done

That sounds like fun I know she will enjoy it. she probably misses you too.

Artfulscrapbooking
Veteran
Artfulscrapbooking
In response to anda11

I've just been photographing some new projects...can't wait to get them up on my blog and in my gallery.

my blog:
http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

That sounds like fun I know she will enjoy it. she probably misses you too.

yea I miss her to she taught me a lot and help me at work.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
i finally finished my cards.

birthday By Andrea M

Oh Andrea, These are both gorgeous I love them both, love the sweet images,pearls, gems, flowers, bows, dies, papers colors. I left you some love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

This is another adorable card I love the spider & the ones on the background. I think your old boss wlll love it I left you some love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Uniquediva1t Said:
Thank you Linda, I appreciate the love. I am still tying to get the hang of this site. I have never done anything like this before. So please be patient with me.

You are welcome hon if you need to know how to do something here...just say it we will gladly help you do anything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• christiscraps61 Said:
Congrats Danielle on finishing all your Christmas cards, I wish I was that organized! Love the spider card too!
Andrea, your cards are beautiful, thanks for sharing...
I am off grocery shopping this morning, but hoping to start an off the page project this afternoon.
Have a great day everyone....

You have a great day too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
thanks christiscraps61

I am not that great at cards that what I think.

well quit thinking that. I think all your cards have been adorable

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
More pics in my gallery.

Configurations Mini-Book #2 - Inside By Aquabunny

Configurations Mini-Book #2 - Front Cover and Spine By Aquabunny

I've got five ideas for more of these... I love 'em.

This one s amazing too The paper you used on the cover is gorgeous I love the inside papers, tags, flowers, joy leather letters, butterflies, glitter vial, dream catcher everything I left you some love
I can sure see why you want to do more lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Artfulscrapbooking

• Artfulscrapbooking Said:
I've just been photographing some new projects...can't wait to get them up on my blog and in my gallery.

my blog:
http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

That sounds good. I can't wait till you post them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I did get a bunch of my cut files deleted. That sure helped. when i started I was so excited to find free images on the plus site & others. I saved a ton that I would never use.
I am packing to meet my bff tomorrow.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to anda11

Have fun at your crop tomorrow Linda.

I am working on a mini book to hold brads. I saw the idea on pinterest and decided i needed to make one.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

southern lady== YOU GO GIRL making Christmas cards in September that is awesome I haven't even decided on a design yet and I though I was all together making Christmas planner early!!! kick that scrap butt!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to mindygail

Happy Hump day - wish I could say I was inspired but I am not sigh....

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
southern lady== YOU GO GIRL making Christmas cards in September that is awesome I haven't even decided on a design yet and I though I was all together making Christmas planner early!!! kick that scrap butt!

thanks

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well I been look at pinterest at scrapbook room seen when we get a house I have my own room and I just need some idea seen I have never had my own scrapbook room.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Today is my husbands birthday. My daughter is coming over cooking dinner for us. one of Daves favs Paula Deen chicken:) My son called him at Midnight. He is in Fla working for 3 weeks

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to anda11

Linda that is sweet of your daughter to come cook dinner. Have a good night.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Linda that is sweet of your daughter to come cook dinner.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Linda hope your dinner was lovely and happy birthday to your dh.

Danielle - I hope you don't mind but I am just so curious as to your background. so I assume from your handle that you are from the south - but I am wondering if where from etc. You even type in an accent and so I am trying to place it! I just love knowing where people come from and knowing their stories.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well I am from southern California

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

now see I wouldn't have guessed that but that is cool!

Where is everyone else from. I am a Canadian who has lived in the UK for 2.5 years (first in Manchester England for a 1.5 years and now in Glasgow Scotland). I have a totally wierd accent - part Ontario (an hour from Toronto) and part Nova Scotia (which is really my home) and now partly Scottish (I am picking up the brogue and they make a point of letting me know at work lol).

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

I am from Washington state but I now live in Idaho. I have lived here for over two years now.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to andrea m

so did your accent change from west coast to midwest?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well I am original from Cali
live in las Vegas we just move to Idaho in last Aug.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh very cool - do you miss Cali or Vegas. All three are such different places.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

i still have family in Cali still so i go there once in awhile. yea i miss Vegas. i miss all my friends. but i don't miss the heat out there

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I definitely hear you about heat - I can't stand it too hot. That is why Scotland is perfect lol - it never gets too hot.

Expert

Tammy, I am in Australia. I think us Aussies all sound the same, regardless of where we live which is totally different, I might add, from how American actors sound when trying to do an Australian accent .....no offense intended......

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol Christi - umm kinda like how the Brits feel when people like Kevin Costner play Robin Hood without any hint of an English accent...

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around. Rough week. Doing better now. I will have a layout to post soon. Have a wonderful day!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bonprof

Hi Donna!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

fall By Southern Lady

here a card I made

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

love that horn of plenty!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

thanks a lot

Expert

Great card Danielle
Donna, so glad to hear things are getting better for you.
Tammy, oh yes.....but he did look soooo good in those leather pants....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Sorted some papers and stuff this weekend for the various Configurations projects I want to do. Started trying to figure out what to do with the Autumn book, but had too much good stuff for it (Bo Bunny Autumn Song!). Figured I might do that one as a larger Configurations book, or maybe a printer tray (maybe Configurations, maybe the 7 Gypsies printer tray I saw on clearance at Joann a few weeks ago.

So I played around with my baseball supplies, and I think that'll be my next Configuration Mini-Book. I wanna stop by Joann's soon and check for novelty buttons.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to aquabunny

Kort By Bonprof

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bonprof

ah Christi - not such a big KC fan but I do watch that movie when it is on.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:

I am working on a mini book to hold brads. I saw the idea on pinterest and decided i needed to make one.

I never heard of that. it sounds ingenious

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

Thanks

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:

I used to make them every sept for yrs. my bff & I would schedule a xmas card crop at my scrap room & finish our cards it was great fun. we played xmas music too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Happy Hump day - wish I could say I was inspired but I am not sigh....

I am so sorry that you have lost your inspiration

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well I been look at pinterest at scrapbook room seen when we get a house I have my own room and I just need some idea seen I have never had my own scrapbook room.

Pinterest does have lots of room ideas Did you know that there are tons in this gallery too? Congrats on getting a scrap room. IT does make a difference I used to have to scrap on the dining room table It is so much easier if you have a room

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Linda that is sweet of your daughter to come cook dinner. Have a good night.

Thanks it was delicious

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
Linda that is sweet of your daughter to come cook dinner.

It was. it was soooo good

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Linda hope your dinner was lovely and happy birthday to your dh.

Danielle - I hope you don't mind but I am just so curious as to your background. so I assume from your handle that you are from the south - but I am wondering if where from etc. You even type in an accent and so I am trying to place it! I just love knowing where people come from and knowing their stories.

Thanks It was lovely

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
now see I wouldn't have guessed that but that is cool!

Where is everyone else from. I am a Canadian who has lived in the UK for 2.5 years (first in Manchester England for a 1.5 years and now in Glasgow Scotland). I have a totally wierd accent - part Ontario (an hour from Toronto) and part Nova Scotia (which is really my home) and now partly Scottish (I am picking up the brogue and they make a point of letting me know at work lol).

I am from Ohio. I have lived here except I lived in Los angeles CA for 3 months..(with EX DH do not try to remember it lol)

Edited by anda11 on 09-15-14 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around. Rough week. Doing better now. I will have a layout to post soon. Have a wonderful day!!

You have all of my hugs/

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
fall By Southern Lady

here a card I made

this is fabulous. I love the letters & the cut & the papers. I left you some love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• christiscraps61 Said:
Great card Danielle
Donna, so glad to hear things are getting better for you.
Tammy, oh yes.....but he did look soooo good in those leather pants....

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Sorted some papers and stuff this weekend for the various Configurations projects I want to do. Started trying to figure out what to do with the Autumn book, but had too much good stuff for it (Bo Bunny Autumn Song!). Figured I might do that one as a larger Configurations book, or maybe a printer tray (maybe Configurations, maybe the 7 Gypsies printer tray I saw on clearance at Joann a few weeks ago.

So I played around with my baseball supplies, and I think that'll be my next Configuration Mini-Book. I wanna stop by Joann's soon and check for novelty buttons.

I am so glad that you are starting another project right away we get to see it. I love those dress it up buttons

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:

This is a fab page about your beautiful daughter I left you some love.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to work on the album

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to anda11

Here is my brad book. Now i can flip through it and see some of my brad sets.

brad book By Andrea M

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to andrea m

Dave and Mary Crowley 1915 By Bonprof

bbl

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

Very cool book Andrea! What a great idea!

Expert
In response to bonprof

Good morning ladies....
Donna, another two great layouts, I so do love your style.
Andrea, the brad book is a great idea, lovely to look at and a useful tool as well!
Linda, glad you had a lovely dinner with your daughter, that was a wonderful gift on her part...I love it when I don't have to cook...
Have a great day everyone......

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • mindygail Said:

I used to make them every sept for yrs. my bff & I would schedule a xmas card crop at my scrap room & finish our cards it was great fun. we played xmas music too.

last year was hard for me seen I was working and busy when . so it was hard for me to make Christmas cards

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well tomorrow I am going to work on my wreath.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Jeanette (my mother) By Bonprof

I am going through a vintage phase. This is my wonderful mother who died when I was 23. Thanks for sharing with me.

Expert
In response to bonprof

Lovely layout Donna, and beautiful journaling too, so sorry you lost your Mum at such an early age

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Donna so sorry you lost your Mum at such an early age . that a nice layout

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

that brad book is ingenious

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Thank you. I found the idea on pinterest. I tried to link back to give credit but it was just a picture.

Expert
In response to andrea m

Well, here is something I am sure I won't be saying again anytime soon.......
I was on a roll yesterday and made 10 cards!
Today, I am off to visit a scrapbook store an hour away that I have not been too before....yay!!!!
Have a great day girls.....

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 09-16-14 02:08 PM

Let us know what ou find!!!y

Expert
In response to ckair

I'm back from my trip to the scrapbook store.
I found some nice vellum, and got a set of BoBunny stamps on sale from $12.00 down to $5, some Harry Potter paper which I intend to use to re-do an old page of my son in his Harry Potter costume 10 years or so ago!
I also saw some paper by Pion Designs (?), made in Sweden. It had beautiful vintage photos on it that you cut out to make cards with.....and I thought of you girls, wasn't it Linda or Donna (?) who loves making cards with vintage images.....they were beautiful.
They had some very old papers with vintage images on it, which will be great for male cards.Things like old petrol pumps, farm equip etc. I have owned this particular paper before, but used it all up years ago, so was excited to find it again.
Oh, and four more rolls of washi tape.
All in all, very happy with my finds....

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

that is great christiscraps61 sound great time

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to mrsdriver5

fall/ halloween wreath By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Here is my brad book. Now i can flip through it and see some of my brad sets.

brad book By Andrea M

That is a very unique idea.. I never even thought of that. besides it will be fun to look through that gorgeous book. I left you some love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:

Hi Donna, This is fabulous. I love everything, the flowers, pearls, keys, papers. I can see the love have for them in this page. I left you some love. I hope you doing ok

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics