Page 3 of 74 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda~Those sound like fun pages to work on. Hope your headaches let you enjoy some fun time.

We're taking off tomorrow afternoon for Tahoe to visit our oldest son & family, which includes our 2 grandsons who are 10 & 5. My 86-yr. old mom is riding with us and in a 2nd car will be our oldest daughter, her hubby, his mom and 2 more of our grandkids (20 & 16). Our youngest daughter already headed up the CA coast and will meet us in Tahoe. Wish our other son & granddaughter could be there, but he's busy working near Denver.

We'll all probably go out on son's boat. If I'm still in one piece after the Tahoe visit, we'll take our 3 cars down to Yosemite & Sequoia. Mid-week everyone but Mom, my hubby & I will return to San Diego. The 3 of us will head north to Mt. Lassen, loop through lower Oregon, then across through redwoods and head back towards home.

We'll get home Aug. 7, so I may go into scrap-withdrawal...but with all of us clicking away on cameras, I'll have lots to scrap when I get home!

We all have a blast when we're together, so it will be a fun trip. Maybe I'll have hubby drive some...usually I do all the driving, but I like hanging out the window to take pictures too lol

Hope others who are going on trips will have a good time. Tanya~Have a happy birthday celebration in Vegas! Henri—Hope you get to Hawaii soon!~Judy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

We are still in Tacoma - thought there was a plane to Hawaii on Saturday but that is out of Travis (SFO). We don't know what to do. We have been here since Sunday waiting for a flight. I think we are going to have to fly somewhere else to catch one.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello every one!!I am on day 6 or 7 with only 1 headache. I am so happy. I was finally able to go through all my pms, emails & thanks for feedback. I put away the cirque pages. I have a ton of pics on my computer that I need to burn on cds today. I will do that later.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I realize I haven't gopne through all of your posts so I will do that today too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

We have been watching the olympics. I have not done anything out here yet. I am trying to see what I want to do.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to burn all those pics now. Maybe I will work on something scrappy after I am done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, Hello dear friends, I still need to burn my pics. I am going to work on a card for my daughter's birthday. I also have a mini album that I am going to make for her birthday. I have 3 days.
It has been 2 weeks with only 1 headaches.
What are you guys doing ??

Edited by anda11 on 08-03-12 11:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got out my box of horse papers so I am going to get my photo box & choose some. Then see which papers work. I am making my dd a mini album for her birthday in 2 days.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got the cover done. I found the rodeo girl stack at Hobby Lobby that I bought a couple months ago. I cut out the title on the pad & used it. This stack had lots of pink in it. Lots of cowgirl stuff too. I matted it on a piece of pink wood paper. I like it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good morning everyone!!! ANOTHER day of feeling awesome!!! I have to finish this mini today. It will be no sweat. I have the photos chosen & most of the papers. I made a huge mistake. lol I am glad I did though. It was a 6 page chipboard where ea page is longer than the next. The cover was hidden under under a pile of papers so I started with pg 2. (my brain was saying check before you adhere lol)
The cut out I used was way too big for pg 1 anyway so I am glad it happened. LOL now I have a 5 pg album. LOL
Very easy to finish. unless I make another mistake! lol it will be a 2 page by the time I am done.
Anyone doing anything today?

Edited by anda11 on 08-05-12 01:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to anda11

Got to get busy on my Heidi Swapp folders. I think I say that evy weekend, but I've made myself a goal to get it done or close before cleaning bud comes next Thursday. Getting tired of picking it up for her to clean. Also ready to work on something different.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

Have fun working on those folders. My friend bought some & the case. They are cute. I bought the rose paper & used it on my mothers rose heaven page.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Glad the headaches have been a bit better for you, Linda! I've been making a TON of cards for DT and also just for fun,,,,,and last night in the wee hours (couldn't sleep) I started a little pumpkin mini out of cereal box that I cut with spellbinders nested pumpkins and then covered with paper (also cut with the same spellbinders for simplicity!) So far, so cute! I can't wait to finish it!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to CommaHolly

I've done four layouts this weekend - I hadn't done any scrapping since finishing my Washington DC album at the beginning of June. Now I am starting to get caught up again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Thank goodness I started adhering everything an hour ago because I ran out of my atg. I had to run & get another box. If I had waited, I wouldn't be able to get it done in time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Glad the headaches have been a bit better for you, Linda! I've been making a TON of cards for DT and also just for fun,,,,,and last night in the wee hours (couldn't sleep) I started a little pumpkin mini out of cereal box that I cut with spellbinders nested pumpkins and then covered with paper (also cut with the same spellbinders for simplicity!) So far, so cute! I can't wait to finish it!

Hi Holly! It is so nice to talk to you. WE missed you. I am glad you have been getting lots of cards done. YOur pumpkin mini sounds so adorable. I can't wait for you to finish it too so I can see it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

Hello bunny, I am so glad you have gotten that many done. YEAH Doesn't it make you feel good.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

omgosh you ran out of atg??????????

cutescrapper
Tenant
cutescrapper

I've been working on some cards!! You can see them Tulip Garden Crafts

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:

It is like a sin isn't it?? lol. I thought the roll was full but it was the paper side. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to cutescrapper

• cutescrapper Said:
I've been working on some cards!! You can see them Tulip Garden Crafts

Those are fabulous! I love the heart & all the bows & the papers. YEAH on getting them done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just need to add the pics and see what embellies look good. I forgot I had a cowgirl card in my stash so I need to stamp Happy birthday inside.
I also need to add twine ribbons to the book.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to anda11

Over in the "challenges" section, there is a picture challenge. It's good for me: it pushes me to take pics of things I never would have thought to do. I am photographing my scrap area. We live in a tiny one-bedroom apartment, and I have "sections" all over the living room, with different sections for markers and adhesives, papers and stickers, embellies and alphabets, scraps and cutter, die-cut fonts, etc. Normally I would be embarrased to show this; I have seen wonderful scrap areas! Mine is laughable. That's what I hope the photos do--make people laugh!:) I will make a LO of my area tomorrow.

Kim

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to jaspernonyx

I am working on three birthday cards and need to finish the rest of my cards for my own swap that is due. I am off to do some of those now. After I get back from the doctors office.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

It is like a sin isn't it?? lol. I thought the roll was full but it was the paper side. lol

Go in peace, my child, and sin no more!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• jaspernonyx Said:
Over in the "challenges" section, there is a picture challenge. It's good for me: it pushes me to take pics of things I never would have thought to do. I am photographing my scrap area. We live in a tiny one-bedroom apartment, and I have "sections" all over the living room, with different sections for markers and adhesives, papers and stickers, embellies and alphabets, scraps and cutter, die-cut fonts, etc. Normally I would be embarrased to show this; I have seen wonderful scrap areas! Mine is laughable. That's what I hope the photos do--make people laugh!:) I will make a LO of my area tomorrow.

Kim

sweetheart, there's nothing to be embarrased of,,,,yes, some people are lucky enough to have wonderful spaces,,,,,,but many many are crammed into tiny corners, closets, livingrooms or bedrooms,,,,(or in my case a tiny breakfast nook off the kitchen). Maybe your organization will spark someone's creativity to make THEIR tiny space better! We all have what we have,,,,,,,that you CRAFT is what's important!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D

Sorry about being MIA for a long time. I have been working on some new stuff. Most of it has been Jewelry. Right now I am working on Christmas cards. However, i am having a block right now. No mojo

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• CommaHolly Said:
  • jaspernonyx Said:

Kim

sweetheart, there's nothing to be embarrased of,,,,yes, some people are lucky enough to have wonderful spaces,,,,,,but many many are crammed into tiny corners, closets, livingrooms or bedrooms,,,,(or in my case a tiny breakfast nook off the kitchen). Maybe your organization will spark someone's creativity to make THEIR tiny space better! We all have what we have,,,,,,,that you CRAFT is what's important!

What she said!! I LOVE that you have "sections" tied into your living space! That shows such ingenuity and creativity. Snap those pics with pride and show off your cleverness

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

I'll be working on some thank you cards for a birthday BBQ we had for DH. I have the concept in my mind....I just hope bringing it to life will be as easy as thinking it up!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Morning dear friends, It has been busy here. We celebrated our dd birthday on Mon. She totally loved the mini album I made. I did get it done in time.
We were waiting for 2 offers that fell through. This week we are going back to showing. We thought that would happen but their offers were 20 over our asking price so we had to try.
I am still feeling great.
I have been working on my photos on my computer & uploading to Shutterfly. I used to get my pics developed every month & put them on a gold cd so I never had to use an online storage. When our income dropped huge, I stopped developing them. I have 5 yrs of pics & I was worried about not having a hard copy for protection. Now I feel great because I have them saved there too. Do not feel bad. I have 1000s of photos developed to scrap.
I saw this great page a couple days ago here. It was so cool & it was a great sketch so I instantly stated using it for my pics. It is too cute. I am halfway done. I am going to work on that too.
What are you guys doing today?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

sounds like the mini was a huge hit, LInda! Yay!!!! And I can't wait to see the new LO based on the sketch,,

still making cards, entering challenges, and finishing up my pumpkin mini,,,,,,it's almost done, I just need some halloween ribbon and a title for the front,,,,originally I thought I'd buy thickers for the title, but I just bought a Justrite 95 pt font to make my own larger sentiments with, so I might do the title that way so I can personalize it with my nephew Robbie's name,,,,,Now I just have to wait for that to actually ARRIVE,,,,,,,,,sigh,,,,,w atching the mailbox.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Evening dear dear friends!:) I did not realize that it is Friday night. :)YEAH!!! SCRAPPY THINGS!! I am going to journal some of the pages I have done. I have lots. Since I feel great, it is much easier to journal. Since I uploaded all my pics that are not printed, I am going to make a notebook to keep track of what is printed & write the journaling if I can or write notes for journaling there so I don't lose them, I usually put it on the card with the pics. I am going to do some of that. I still have this cute page I have to finish.
I need to make sure all my papers are put away for the house showing.
I have not answered the posts you wrote yet but I will.

daisymeh
Veteran
daisymeh
In response to anda11

Hi all,

I am just now starting to look around the forums again. I mostly just stick with the gallery. Sorry for being so absent for so long!

I hope to scrap lots this weekend. We have absolutely nothing on the calendar - first weekend in ages that this has happened. I have over 200+ photos of my baby boy that I received from a recent Shutterfly order, so expect me to flood the gallery with baby layouts! Oh, and cards! I need to replenish my birthday and thank you card stash!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
  • jaspernonyx Said:

Kim

AMEN!!! KIm, please never feel embarrassed. I know lots of scrappers that have a closet only or 1 desk/shelf in their living room. I would never find you space funny! I do not think 1 person on this site would ever laugh at you. Everyone here is your friend & would not do that.

We are moving & downsizing. we will move to a 3rd of the space of this home. I am hoping we will have 3 bedrooms but it may not be available when the exact time is. WE may be in a 1 or 2 bedrooom
I may be scrapping in the living room too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• jaspernonyx Said:

Kim

KIm, please never feel embarrassed. I know lots of scrappers that have a closet only or 1 desk/shelf in their living room. I would never find you space funny! I do not think 1 person on this site would ever laugh at you. Everyone here is your friend & would not do that.

We are moving & downsizing. we will move to a 3rd of the space of this home. I am hoping we will have 3 bedrooms but it may not be available when the exact time is. WE may be in a 1 or 2 bedrooom
I may be scrapping in the living room too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to TJCraftyWitch

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
I am working on three birthday cards and need to finish the rest of my cards for my own swap that is due. I am off to do some of those now. After I get back from the doctors office.

I hope you get everything done for your swap!! I am glad you are doing something too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Go in peace, my child, and sin no more!!!

Oh Holly I am in tears from laughing!! too funny!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
Sorry about being MIA for a long time. I have been working on some new stuff. Most of it has been Jewelry. Right now I am working on Christmas cards. However, i am having a block right now. No mojo

Hi Stephanie, I was wondering if you were doing ok. Glad you are back. I am glad you have been adding to your stash. I am sorry you are having no mojo.
YOu work so hard every day that sometimes you need to have no mojo to have a break.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I'll be working on some thank you cards for a birthday BBQ we had for DH. I have the concept in my mind....I just hope bringing it to life will be as easy as thinking it up!

Hi Kim, glad you are here too.:) I do hope that when you do them it goes easy like you planned. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
sounds like the mini was a huge hit, LInda! Yay!!!! And I can't wait to see the new LO based on the sketch,,

still making cards, entering challenges, and finishing up my pumpkin mini,,,,,,it's almost done, I just need some halloween ribbon and a title for the front,,,,originally I thought I'd buy thickers for the title, but I just bought a Justrite 95 pt font to make my own larger sentiments with, so I might do the title that way so I can personalize it with my nephew Robbie's name,,,,,Now I just have to wait for that to actually ARRIVE,,,,,,,,,sigh,,,,,w atching the mailbox.

I am so glad you are back Holly! Of course you are doing cards & challenges. What else would you do??? lol Congrats on your justright! I can't wait to see your pumpkin minis. I am sure they will be fab.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to daisymeh

• daisymeh Said:
Hi all,

I am just now starting to look around the forums again. I mostly just stick with the gallery. Sorry for being so absent for so long!

I hope to scrap lots this weekend. We have absolutely nothing on the calendar - first weekend in ages that this has happened. I have over 200+ photos of my baby boy that I received from a recent Shutterfly order, so expect me to flood the gallery with baby layouts! Oh, and cards! I need to replenish my birthday and thank you card stash!

Hey Megan, Glad you are here too! Do not feel bad. Most of us have been gone more than normal for lots of different reasons. Hey the gallery is just amazing! congrats on your having the entire weekend free to scrap. I also can't wait to scrap when I get new pics in. WE will be waiting to see your baby pages. ENJOY!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Linda~Those sound like fun pages to work on. Hope your headaches let you enjoy some fun time.

We're taking off tomorrow afternoon for Tahoe to visit our oldest son & family, which includes our 2 grandsons who are 10 & 5. My 86-yr. old mom is riding with us and in a 2nd car will be our oldest daughter, her hubby, his mom and 2 more of our grandkids (20 & 16). Our youngest daughter already headed up the CA coast and will meet us in Tahoe. Wish our other son & granddaughter could be there, but he's busy working near Denver.

We'll all probably go out on son's boat. If I'm still in one piece after the Tahoe visit, we'll take our 3 cars down to Yosemite & Sequoia. Mid-week everyone but Mom, my hubby & I will return to San Diego. The 3 of us will head north to Mt. Lassen, loop through lower Oregon, then across through redwoods and head back towards home.

We'll get home Aug. 7, so I may go into scrap-withdrawal...but with all of us clicking away on cameras, I'll have lots to scrap when I get home!

We all have a blast when we're together, so it will be a fun trip. Maybe I'll have hubby drive some...usually I do all the driving, but I like hanging out the window to take pictures too lol

Hope others who are going on trips will have a good time. Tanya~Have a happy birthday celebration in Vegas! Henri—Hope you get to Hawaii soon!~Judy

Hey Judy, I wonder if you are home yet. This trip sounds amazing!! I am so happy that you get to visit with your family & go on these adventures. I know you will have lots to scrap! LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
We are still in Tacoma - thought there was a plane to Hawaii on Saturday but that is out of Travis (SFO). We don't know what to do. We have been here since Sunday waiting for a flight. I think we are going to have to fly somewhere else to catch one.

Hey Henri, Did you ever make it back home?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:

Holly, I thought I answered this. I am so excited to see one of the pumpkin minis. :)_

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

you're too cute, Linda Glad I could make you laugh!!! good luck on the showing for the house,,,,,downsizing sucks in so many ways,BUT less to clean, less to repair, and usually costs less too!!!! (that's more scrappy goodies for you, dear friend!! IF you can find a place to store them,,,,,,,under bed boxes work great for paper!!! keeps them in the dark, so they do not fade too!)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
you're too cute, Linda Glad I could make you laugh!!! good luck on the showing for the house,,,,,downsizing sucks in so many ways,BUT less to clean, less to repair, and usually costs less too!!!! (that's more scrappy goodies for you, dear friend!! IF you can find a place to store them,,,,,,,under bed boxes work great for paper!!! keeps them in the dark, so they do not fade too!)

I will love less cleaning. I am also hoping we will get a 3 bedroom. I want to have a place my dd can stay if need be. (she was in a bad relationship recently & had to leave instantly one night) plus with Dave & his surgeries & he being much older with lots of medical. she is a nurse aid. She could move in. (or if I get huntingtons in the future).)
I do have most all my paper boxed up now.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Hi Linda~Glad you've been feeling somewhat better, but sorry that selling your house is being so difficult. I imagine you're anxious to get moved and settled in somewhere.

We got home this past Tuesday evening, but it's been unusually hot in the eastern valleys of San Diego and w/o ac in our house + driving close to 5,000 miles in 11 days, I've been a bit wiped out. (Yes, I did all the driving. Hubby is willing, but he knows I like to drive. I just never realize how tired I get until I get home and don't have a steering wheel in my hands.)

We had a great trip and had our usual family fun. Luckily we all get along great and enjoy being together. Altitude & heat got to my mom a couple of times, but she got over it quickly when we got to lower elevations and into a cooled car. She said this will be her last high altitude trip...but there's a lot to visit below three or four thousand feet :>)...just not where her two grandsons live :>(

I've got a thousand or so pix to organize from the trip and that's w/o the ones from my kids. We'd have more, but the on/off switch on our main camera quit working. We're trying to decide if we should fix it (about $130) or replace, but it's got 18X optical & takes great pictures. Hubby usually uses it and he's not a great one for getting used to new-fangled things :>)

My sb table looks like a tornado whipped through here and w/my sweaty paws, I hate to start working on lo's. The desire is kinda there, but not the oomph to make it happen. Hopefully next week~ Stay cool and enjoy your weekend, everyone~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

glad you had a good trip, MrsDriver,,,,,,I can't stand to drive I happily turn over the driving to DH,,,,,heat can make anyone crabby!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Everyone always expects my last name to be Driver (MrsDriver5), but nope...I just have always loved to drive and when I first got a computer I was paranoid, so chose my online name for what I enjoy doing. MrsDriver, MD1,&MD2 were taken, so I just moved up to the #5 and my name was born. I also love to take pictures. If I'm not driving, I'm snapping pix constantly. If I drive, the photos are a bit more manageable :>) It's against the law to use a cellphone or text while driving in CA, but I haven't seen anything about picture-taking. (If Mr./Ms. Officer is on this site, please know that I would never take a picture while driving )

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Judy--The upside to snapping pics while driving is that you can get a pic of the officer while he issues your tickets (bonus if he is worth looking at). The downside, of course, is the fine, but imagine the journaling on that page!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Holly-how is that pumpkin mini coming along? I can't wait to see the finished product. What a great idea to use the shapes as mini book pages! I never would've thought of that!
(insert image of that old "I should've had a V8 commercial!!)

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Linda--I upload all my photos to Shutterfly, too, but I'm behind on getting them developed. I usually wait until they have a sale (like 101 free prints) then go to town. Only thing I don't like about it is all the time spent adjusting, cropping etc before ordering the print. What happened to the old days where you could just snap away and what you saw in the view finder is what you'd get in the print. Now if I did that, tops of heads come back missing, subjects that were centered no longer are, etc.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

So my idea for the BBQ party thank you cards worked (functionally even!). Now I just need to figure out which sentiment to use. Would you guys mind giving me your opinions? I have 4 to choose from.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Kim222

what are the 4 sentiments, Kim???

the Pumpkin mini is almost done,,,,I just need to stamp the front of the cover with my Nephew's name (waiting on a new stamp set for that),,,,,and I need some Halloween ribbon which is going to have to wait until payday, because Holly's allowance is long since OVERspent this week I'll get it up probably Friday!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I should've waited til I uploaded it before posting the question so it didn't look like I'm asking for mind readers

Here is the card :

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/88426/view/ 3710865/-...

And here are the choices :

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Thanks!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Kim222

I like the Muchas Gracias!!!!! Do not ask me why, I think I love the font on that one!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

I like the top Thanks. I also don't know why...just looks nice to me, but they're all good. I'm going to remember your three-language one, then on the inside or back, I'll add, "In any language...you're the best!" or something like that. Now I have to have a party so I can make thank-you cards :>)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

LOL!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Judy--The upside to snapping pics while driving is that you can get a pic of the officer while he issues your tickets (bonus if he is worth looking at). The downside, of course, is the fine, but imagine the journaling on that page!!

That would make a terrific page...might be worth the ticket. Uh, no...
(I wonder if scrapping-insanity is a good plea bargain? Hopefully I'd get a sb-loving judge!)

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• CommaHolly Said:
I like the Muchas Gracias!!!!! Do not ask me why, I think I love the font on that one!

Thanks! I've pretty much tossed out the last one (thank you) and now just tossing around the other 3. If I choose one for the card, I can always use another to stamp on the back of the card - like where the "Hallmark" (or in this case, the Kimmark) would go, then stamp the last one on the envelope itself. Now THATS showing some gratitude, wouldn't you say?!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I like the top Thanks. I also don't know why...just looks nice to me, but they're all good. I'm going to remember your three-language one, then on the inside or back, I'll add, "In any language...you're the best!" or something like that. Now I have to have a party so I can make thank-you cards :>)

Thanks! That was the first one I grabbed when making the draft version.

I love your idea using the 3 language one!

Here's a hint - save yourself some work and forget the party. Just send a "thank you for being my friend/mentor/hair dresser/nemesis/etc" to satisfy your TY card urges

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Kim222

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

Good idea, but Hubby's birthday is Labor Day weekend, so we'll have at least a small family party that day...and he should get some presents. But wait...why am I making the ty cards for his presents? (I guess because it's worked good this way for almost 46 years...why change now! Plus I'm the one with the scrappy toys.)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I still do the following for my husband

1) pack.

2) make doctor's appointments

3) make thank you cards(or any other cards he needs)

4) do his laundry.

If I die first, that man has problems.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends,
I am trying too make page kits because we are having an open house on Fri. I am going to crop at Archivers either the morning/afternoon or the Fri night crop ( get there early.) I am hoping my bff can go so I am anxiously awaiting her call. Dave thinks it is best that I leave during these showing so I do not get upset. He has been right. He has been so considerate & thoughtful during this time. He always has been.
I haven't been here. Been busy & I did have 3 headaches but the pills have worked.
I hope you are all well. I still need to answer a few posts.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

crossing fingers that your friend can go!!!!!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to MrsD2008

Hello girls! I just got signed up for this totally cool site. I am just now in the planning stages of my projects!!!
1. Halloween mini album
2. My Daughters dance teacher is preggo and i want to make her a cute little book of some kind but I do actually have a good question regarding it.
Should i do a dance album or pregnant album???
thanks,
Mindygail

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
crossing fingers that your friend can go!!!!!

YES she can go. We are going to the fri night crop but we are meeting at 3 pm. I have not gotten my stuff ready yet. I have gotten some but I was very busy working on the house. I have figured out what I am taking. IT will not take me too long to figure out what papers to take now. I also have to cleqn my office. It is such a mess of piles. lol

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• CommaHolly Said:
I still do the following for my husband

1) pack.

2) make doctor's appointments

3) make thank you cards(or any other cards he needs)

4) do his laundry.

If I die first, that man has problems.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

How wonderful that you and your friend will be cropping at Archivers!! I've never been to an A's before.

I'll be cropping Friday night, too! At my lss. I really do love going to crops, but I really do hate packing for them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
Hello girls! I just got signed up for this totally cool site. I am just now in the planning stages of my projects!!!
1. Halloween mini album
2. My Daughters dance teacher is preggo and i want to make her a cute little book of some kind but I do actually have a good question regarding it.
Should i do a dance album or pregnant album???
thanks,
Mindygail

Hey Mindy, WELCOME!! : )We are so very glad to have you here. You are right. This site is amazing. Check out the gallery too. There are over a million projects in it.
I think it is fun to plan projects. It is kinda exciting.
Your halloween mini sounds fun. Your gift album sounds like it will be fun too. I am sure she will like what ever you choose to make. I think a pregnancy album would be nice because she is not pregnant very long. I think a dance album would be equally nice. Not helping you am I?? lol
I am very glad you have found this thread!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to anda11

I just started volunteering at a nursing home, and I am making birthday cards for the residents. At first, they would not give me a list of peoples' birthdays, so I did a general one for everyone born in August. Well, the ohter day, my boss got me a list of birthdays, broken down by months. There are 8 in August, and I have 4 of those cards done. there are about 90 residents in the nursing home; hope I can give each one a unique card!

I also kinda hang out around the challenges, as a "motivational' scrapper. I just adapt teh challenges to my needs and pretty much just do whatever I want. the challenges give me a prompt, which helps to get my creativity going. For example, a prompt for "August photo fun" was to take a picture of a family heirloom, which got me thinking of an old Bible i have (when my great-grandpa came to the states from Norway in 1906, his mother gave him this Norwegian Bible). I did take a picture of it; but I wanted to make it a regular LO, so I did. Same for 'shoes," "outfit," etc. For the "Anything Goes" challenge, I did a LO starting with "I love it when.." That was supposed to be for the first week of August, and I just did it a couple of days ago. But that's OK since I am just "motivational." I just discovered the challenges last month, and i love them!

Off to do more cards for the residents of the nursing home!

Kim

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear dear friends, I am feeling great. My bff & I spent the afternoon & eve cropping at As. I totally got my mind off of things.
Then dh told me to go spend the day scrap shopping to get my mind off it again. He said stay a long time. so I did. lol I am so excited about a few things.
I am so excited about these pages I am doing. I do not know which to do first. lol
I had bought all the stuff for a page about syrup but the photo of the bottle kept chopping off so I had to wait. I went to my photo store & got it redone & it is perfect. YEAH
I started a new lift from here with the echo park little boy papers that I love.
Then I saw the cutest paper pads with tons of matching items like crocheted flowers. There were big pearls in the different matching colors to go in the flower. Great die cuts, stickers, chipboard alpha, journal pads, die cut sheets.
One of the stickers said something about cup of tea. most of it was pink roses. It is all vintage looking.There is a die cut paper that is a huge doily with beautiful pink roses on it. Some of the papers had doilies & roses on them. So pretty.
You guys have probably all seen it before but I never noticed it. LOL
My mom used to drink tea all the time. She always used her good dishes tea cup to drink it. lol it was Franscican desert rose that had pink roses on it. I only have one pic of her drinking her tea.
I have been wanting to make a page about it but until I saw these papers that melted my heart I had no idea what to do.
Now I can't stop myself from starting the tea page. lol
I joined the heritage challenge this month too. I have been waiting until we moved but she said it is ok to just do it the months you can & do not need to sign up either.
I do have to find the photo. lol keep your fingers crossed. LOL
What are all of you guys doing? I hope you are all doing ok.
As usual, I still have some posts to reply to. I will get to those today.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found it. It was the 8 th photo I looked through so that was lucky.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to anda11

Yay for finding the pic!

So glad that you are feeling good! How sweet of your husband to suggest that you shop today. I know you will have a blast making your LOs!

Have tons of fun,
Kim

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Hi Linda~Glad you've been feeling somewhat better, but sorry that selling your house is being so difficult. I imagine you're anxious to get moved and settled in somewhere.

We got home this past Tuesday evening, but it's been unusually hot in the eastern valleys of San Diego and w/o ac in our house + driving close to 5,000 miles in 11 days, I've been a bit wiped out. (Yes, I did all the driving. Hubby is willing, but he knows I like to drive. I just never realize how tired I get until I get home and don't have a steering wheel in my hands.)

We had a great trip and had our usual family fun. Luckily we all get along great and enjoy being together. Altitude & heat got to my mom a couple of times, but she got over it quickly when we got to lower elevations and into a cooled car. She said this will be her last high altitude trip...but there's a lot to visit below three or four thousand feet :>)...just not where her two grandsons live :>(

I've got a thousand or so pix to organize from the trip and that's w/o the ones from my kids. We'd have more, but the on/off switch on our main camera quit working. We're trying to decide if we should fix it (about $130) or replace, but it's got 18X optical & takes great pictures. Hubby usually uses it and he's not a great one for getting used to new-fangled things :>)

My sb table looks like a tornado whipped through here and w/my sweaty paws, I hate to start working on lo's. The desire is kinda there, but not the oomph to make it happen. Hopefully next week~ Stay cool and enjoy your weekend, everyone~Judy

Hi Judy, I am sorry to just now answer your post.
I am very very glad that you had a great time. I drive most of the time too. You are right about you being so tired from it.
I am very glad you & all of your family had such a good time together. Maybe your mom will feel better next time you go so you can still go up in the high altitude to see her grandkids. I sure hope so. I am glad you have over 1000 pics. LOL
You can never have too many. LOL It will take you a while to organize I am sure. I am sorry to hear about your camera. I hope you are able to get your hubby able to use the new one if you get one.
I hope you are able to clean up your table so you are able to work on some stuff. Maybe by now you will be that way. I sure hope that you are not so hot there anymore. :):)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Everyone always expects my last name to be Driver (MrsDriver5), but nope...I just have always loved to drive and when I first got a computer I was paranoid, so chose my online name for what I enjoy doing. MrsDriver, MD1,&MD2 were taken, so I just moved up to the #5 and my name was born. I also love to take pictures. If I'm not driving, I'm snapping pix constantly. If I drive, the photos are a bit more manageable :>) It's against the law to use a cellphone or text while driving in CA, but I haven't seen anything about picture-taking. (If Mr./Ms. Officer is on this site, please know that I would never take a picture while driving )

so funny
Only a scrapper would take photos while driving.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

OH kim, I am in tears now,

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Linda--I upload all my photos to Shutterfly, too, but I'm behind on getting them developed. I usually wait until they have a sale (like 101 free prints) then go to town. Only thing I don't like about it is all the time spent adjusting, cropping etc before ordering the print. What happened to the old days where you could just snap away and what you saw in the view finder is what you'd get in the print. Now if I did that, tops of heads come back missing, subjects that were centered no longer are, etc.

You are so right about cropping time lol Sometimes I miss the film days. I will watch for a sale at Shutterfly.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
I should've waited til I uploaded it before posting the question so it didn't look like I'm asking for mind readers

Here is the card :

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/88426/view/ 3710865/-...

And here are the choices :

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Thanks!!!

That grill is adorable KIm! I love it. I like the top & muchas graacias. I saved it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
what are the 4 sentiments, Kim???

the Pumpkin mini is almost done,,,,I just need to stamp the front of the cover with my Nephew's name (waiting on a new stamp set for that),,,,,and I need some Halloween ribbon which is going to have to wait until payday, because Holly's allowance is long since OVERspent this week I'll get it up probably Friday!

OH Holly, I am so glad it is that far. I can't wait to see it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • Kim222 Said:

That would make a terrific page...might be worth the ticket. Uh, no...
(I wonder if scrapping-insanity is a good plea bargain? Hopefully I'd get a sb-loving judge!)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Thanks! I've pretty much tossed out the last one (thank you) and now just tossing around the other 3. If I choose one for the card, I can always use another to stamp on the back of the card - like where the "Hallmark" (or in this case, the Kimmark) would go, then stamp the last one on the envelope itself. Now THATS showing some gratitude, wouldn't you say?!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

Here's a hint - save yourself some work and forget the party. Just send a "thank you for being my friend/mentor/hair dresser/nemesis/etc" to satisfy your TY card urges

Oh Kim, I never realized how funny you are. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have the page the way I think I want it. I need to make some photo corners. I made a cute rose using large scallop scissors that you roll up. I need to make a real one & see if I like it. Then I am done & can adhere.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Yea! It's always a nice feeling to get a project the way you want it and be ready for the final touches. Are you already thinking about your next lo? Silly question...I can feel the stickiness of it from here (assuming you start your syrup lo).

It's been so hot and we don't have a.c. Hubby put a nice fan blowing on me, but my hands are so ikky feeling that I don't want to touch pics and scrappy stuff. Instead I'm organizing pics I have on the computer and just trying to stay awake.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

My mom is visiting this weekend, and I've gotten 8 of my 12 pages done from my trip to Chicago from back in June. After those four more are done, just three more pages and I'll be caught up... until next weekend's work outing!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

"Caught up"...another one of those phrases that I know nothing about! Congrats on a fruitful weekend. Have a good week and do some fun things you can scrap about next weekend!~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I tried making a rose that uses 9 daisy punchies.
It is the first one. it looks better than I thought it would. The dec scissor one was too tall. I need to take a break. or i will end up with sore back & shoulders again. I do love this layout. I can't wait to adhere it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I can't wait to see it!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

Oh Kim, I never realized how funny you are. lol

Thank you thank you I'm here all week

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I can't wait to see it!

What she said! I'd love to know how you make the flowers, too!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hello everyone, We have been at the realtors and house hunting. WE did get another great offer of cash that we are going to take. We missed the same amount of cash from another buyer because we tried for 2 people to get financing with a 2 huge offers & it wasn't good anymore. I am feeling much better about the amount cause we did have offers that were not even what the land is worth. I have not worked on anything else today. I may work on that page for a bit.
I still have to read your posts.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Good news on the cash offer. Cash is always good I know how hard it must be for you to move from your house, but I'm sure you'll be happy to have all of the selling difficulties behind you, get moved, and get on with the next stage of life.~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Thanks Judy. IT sure is easier to move when you have more money to buy something. I am very thankful for the offer. You are right. I have been worrying & wondering for too long.
I am trying to get this page finished. I am not too far from being done.

Edited by anda11 on 08-20-12 09:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

YEAH it is done. I may need to take a new pic as this seems faded to me but maybe it is my brain. lol

[image] Judy's Tea Time Heritage Challenge By Anda11http://[/image]

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
hello everyone, We have been at the realtors and house hunting. WE did get another great offer of cash that we are going to take. We missed the same amount of cash from another buyer because we tried for 2 people to get financing with a 2 huge offers & it wasn't good anymore. I am feeling much better about the amount cause we did have offers that were not even what the land is worth. I have not worked on anything else today. I may work on that page for a bit.
I still have to read your posts.

How wonderful!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Linda--I love that layout. Its great that you have that pic to go with your memories.
As I said in your gallery, beautifully done.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda—Your lo is a reminder to me to take those everyday-type of pictures. Those are the true memories that will outlast our own lives. Great job~Judy

Page 3 of 74 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics