Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:

This is fabulous Henri I have always loved fudge. my mom &er sisters & my grandma made it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southern lady

• southern lady Said:

I love the witch cut & the papers

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DaisyButton

• DaisyButton Said:
Working on doggie pages and 2014 fourth of July.

Those sound like fun I love working on doggie pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
You are way ahead of me Nicole! I'm on a cruise in 2013 with 4 more cruises - long cruises - after it and so much more. I'm probably 300 or more pages behind and I WILL catch up!

Of all the people out here who say they want to catch up.. I am sure that you will do that lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
I am still working on 2010 pages. I make cards and altered projects too. I get so much going i get a little overwhelmed sometimes. It does give me a break from getting burnt out on one thing though.

I like moving from thing to thing because it refreshes me. I always have lots of pages going

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm burnt out on Ephesus right now because it is so overwhelming. I think I'm ready to get the Basically of St. John on paper and that will really lighten up that project.

I also think I will do two or 3 pages with 6 pictures and that way have them in my books but not scrap every picture. Just have a few pages actually scrapped. Otherwise I will never get through it.

The only research left to do for Ephesus is Temple of Artemis because I want to do a little.

glad you figured a way to lighten up the project so it can be less stress

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well now I am try to work on my Seattle layouts from are vacation.

THat sounds like fun

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
Seattle By Southern Lady

here a layout I did from are Seattle vacation on the ferry for my first time.

this is marvelous I love everything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Baseball Configurations book finished!

Configurations Mini-Book #3 - Inside By Aquabunny

There are four more pictures in my gallery, including a detail shot of how I altered the popcorn and hot dog buttons.

Oh Andrea, this is amazing. I love the papers, the chosen sayings, the bottle caps, the dress it up buttons. I love the way you made cracker jacks & relish & the cover

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
This is the last of the recipe pages I have done so far and that project has been put aside for a little while - until I get burnt out on the travel pages I'm doing. Then it will give me a change to go to.

All of the papers and supplies for these recipe pages have come from my stash. I am really working with what I have!

Denvia's Turtles By Henri Jean

this is so sweet lol I love her name too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

this is berry cute

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

this page is fabulous

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
  • anda11 Said:
Hi guys, I am sorry that I wasn't here on Sun. I was fighting a sick migraine & today too but it is better but still there. I still need to read all you wonderful posts

aw sorry hope you feel better

Thanks hon, It is gone now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I am so sorry Linda. I hope you are a lot better. I've never had a migraine but I know from friends that they are really rough stuff!

How is your daughter doing? I know she misses her horse.

thanks hon it is gone she is doing better since the horse is out of town so she doesn't have to see him.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
seattle By Southern Lady[/quote

another fabulous page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to jeniferdwn

• jeniferdwn Said:
Today I made a list of most of what I have to catch up on. I have so many pictures of my rabbits (my rabbits had 2 babies this summer so I have tons of pics), lots of our Christmas elves and vacations. My craft room is set up and I'm ready to work. My goal for the month is 50 pages. I'm at 8 so far.

well, it is good that you made a list so you know what you need to work on You can do 50 pages
your baby bunnies sound adorable

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

whoohoo i am acu

Veteran
In response to anda11

I love doggie pages too! have a whole book just for my doggies. I adopted a rescue and she flew from Los Angeles to South Carolina in july so I have a section for her adoption. 4 dogs makes a lot of pics! LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

we have 2 dogs now because some died. (they were inherited from people who went into nursing homes)
for many yrs we always had 5 of our dogs & our 2 cats my daughter used to work at vet clinics & emergency vet hospitals so many of ours were rescued. my daughter used to drive for fosters & take fosters too to rehome.
we are also babysitting my son's german shephard while he is working in Fl for 3 weeks at least. we do that often

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

hello and good morning

Well today my husband come home around 1:00pm and we are go to the doctor office in are city that he has to go for his ms.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

good morning hon I am sorry to hear your husband has ms.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Linda - you are incredible to find time to comment on our layouts in our gallery and to comment on everything said here! You are absolutely awesome - so giving and caring! I'm so glad I found you over here! I feel like we have a little family here with you the taking care of all us little chicks.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:

thanks he had seen we got married. they didn't know and did a lot of test. we move to Idaho because the heat in Vegas was get to him and wasn't feel great. he is doing better here now we do more stuff .

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Linda - you are incredible to find time to comment on our layouts in our gallery and to comment on everything said here! You are absolutely awesome - so giving and caring! I'm so glad I found you over here! I feel like we have a little family here with you the taking care of all us little chicks.

henri, that is sooo sweet we do have a little family I think all you dear friends take care of everone too
you guys have such sweet thoughts of love & caring

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
  • anda11 Said:

thanks he had seen we got married. they didn't know and did a lot of test. we move to Idaho because the heat in Vegas was get to him and wasn't feel great. he is doing better here now we do more stuff .

I am so glad that you moved so he is able to do stuff. you are right Vegas is so hot . I am glad he is doing ok

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

christmas By Southern Lady

here a card I made. I use my cameo

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Half of Egypt is done - the other half is waiting to glue at the next crop. You can tell from this series - I love Egypt! This is my second visit to Egypt - the first time (2009) we went to Luxor and into King Tut's tomb in the Valley of the Kings.

In 2012 year we saw the King Tut exhibit in Seattle which was fascinating.

Then last year (2013) I finally made it to Cairo to see the pyramids and the Cairo museum which houses the largest King Tut display of items.

Egypt is hot, sticky, filthy dirty, dangerous and a hotbed of terrorist activity right now (in fact our tour bus had an armed military police officer with a machine gun). However, it is one of the most fascinating places on earth to me.

And yes, I would go back to Egypt again in a heartbeat!

Title page for Egypt By Henri Jean

Veteran

Henri Jean are you doing a whole album on recipes? I have a recipe scrapbook that I want to complete but I am kind of stuck and don't really know how or where to start. What recipes are you scrapping and why. Maybe that will help me. I am starting with a Christmas one. Your pages are great.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thank you so much - you are so sweet.

I have always loved to cook although I don't cook too much anymore. Partially because I'm old enough that I don't have to and partially because my husband is such a picky eater that if it doesn't have steak or potatoes (only mashed or French fried or baked), he won't eat it. Okay, he will eat pork chops, ribs and most Italian and throw in a pizza occasionally and he's happy).

If it has a vegetable in it he won't go near it - he looks like it as if it landed from outer space and has not come in peace! Heaven forbid if it happens to be a piece of broccoli. If you ask him if he is afraid of anything he will tell you - "Yes, broccoli.". Even desserts - he's picky.

Because of that I really don't cook much, just let him grill almost every night.

My mother was a fantastic cook, as was my grandmother and my aunts on both side of the family.

My cookbook will be a gift for my mother for Christmas - probably next year if I can get it in gear. I've always wanted to make a cookbook so I've collected papers and embellies with anything foodie for 6 or 7 years. If it has pasta or oranges or watermelon or chocolate on it - I bought it. I've got 3 or 4 different with cookies and even some with pasta and some with macaroni and cheese.

I am scrapping down the recipes I grew up with and ones that are familiar to her and ones that I've made over the years that I think she will enjoy. Just my favorites.

I'm trying to make them all and photograph them - will get a lot done at Thanksgiving because I do plan to do a big Thanksgiving dinner which I enjoy. I cook enough for 3 complete armies I think!

The original book will got to my mother. Then I am scanning all the pages (a real pain because my scanner bed isn't big enough so I have to do it in 4 parts and stitch it together). Those will be put in a 12 x 12 Shutterfly book.

I'll keep a copy, give each of my kids (2 sons) a copy, I will give one to each of my brother's and their wives, my best scrap friend will get one and probably my best friend in Louisiana who has been like a sister to me for 30 years. My son's daughter will also get a copy.

Many of my recipes have family stories to go with them and some are just favorites of my kids or my brothers.

The next recipe I'm going to make and put in is my Witches Brew. Actually it is a punch modeled after the creamsicle (orange and vanilla things on a stick) we all loved as kids but it is orange and I make it at Halloween and put it in a huge plastic cauldron so I call it Witches brew. I make it for group gatherings and used to take it to office pot lucks and I always had to refill the cauldron several times.

It brings a lot of childhood memories for my kids so it will be included and I will make it a Halloween page.

My 3-year old granddaughter wants to be a witch this Halloween and if that happens, and I get good pictures, her Halloween picture will appear on that page.

If that doesn't work out I'll change the name to "Not-So-Scary" Halloween punch and put her picture last Halloween in a little lion costume. I'll make it work and change the name accordingly.

My family all loves my Southern lemonade which will go in the book. My kids are always asking me how to make it like I do - If they've asked me about it, then it goes in.

Also, my family has always gone to a lot of church potlucks so my favorite potluck dishes will go in.

Don't know if that will help. There are just a lot of recipes I want my kids to have and ones that will bring back memories for my mother that she used to make and I thought it would be a great keepsake for family members. I'm giving mom the original and printing the rest in Shutterfly.

My guess is it will have 70-100 recipes.

But I have set a goal of having it printed by next Christmas (2015) which means I need to really have the recipes done by next fall. The hardest and most time consuming part is making the recipes and photographing them.

Considering I have over 300 pages of travel layouts to do and I want to catch up and I have 17 title pages to do which I also want to get done so I can have those books printed, and wondering that we travel constantly and are rarely home - when I am here I spend all my time working on these projects.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
christmas By Southern Lady

here a card I made. I use my cameo

how cute is this card?? I love it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Half of Egypt is done - the other half is waiting to glue at the next crop. You can tell from this series - I love Egypt! This is my second visit to Egypt - the first time (2009) we went to Luxor and into King Tut's tomb in the Valley of the Kings.

In 2012 year we saw the King Tut exhibit in Seattle which was fascinating.

Then last year (2013) I finally made it to Cairo to see the pyramids and the Cairo museum which houses the largest King Tut display of items.

Egypt is hot, sticky, filthy dirty, dangerous and a hotbed of terrorist activity right now (in fact our tour bus had an armed military police officer with a machine gun). However, it is one of the most fascinating places on earth to me.

And yes, I would go back to Egypt again in a heartbeat!

Title page for Egypt By Henri Jean

Henri, this page is amazing.. I can see why you love it so much..gorgeous sites to see I don't blame you for going back

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Cairo, Egypt - Page 2 By Henri Jean

Cairo, Egypt - Page 3 By Henri Jean

Veteran

All I can say is Good Luck and Wow! Wish I could see the finished copy!!! Sounds amazing! I know they will love it!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• jeniferdwn Said:
Henri Jean are you doing a whole album on recipes? I have a recipe scrapbook that I want to complete but I am kind of stuck and don't really know how or where to start. What recipes are you scrapping and why. Maybe that will help me. I am starting with a Christmas one. Your pages are great.

well if you want to see more recipe pages to look at ..just look in the middle of my gallery. I made recipe album for my niece for her wedding gift. It is a heritage one.. old family recipes & some new ones. I also put a photo of the person who the recipe came from..grandparents, aunts, cousins gr gr gr gr grandparents too.. Mine was very simple to do. mine was 8x11. I also scanned the original recipe cards & printed them. & I put it on the page too my album had 60 pages. I used recipes from childhood too..some from the other years
mine begin on this page

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/87381/list/ -1/54/0.h...

Edited by anda11 on 10-08-14 06:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Going to your gallery right now Linda - before I get sidetracked and forget again!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Thank you so much - you are so sweet.

I have always loved to cook although I don't cook too much anymore. Partially because I'm old enough that I don't have to and partially because my husband is such a picky eater that if it doesn't have steak or potatoes (only mashed or French fried or baked), he won't eat it. Okay, he will eat pork chops, ribs and most Italian and throw in a pizza occasionally and he's happy).

If it has a vegetable in it he won't go near it - he looks like it as if it landed from outer space and has not come in peace! Heaven forbid if it happens to be a piece of broccoli. If you ask him if he is afraid of anything he will tell you - "Yes, broccoli.". Even desserts - he's picky.

Because of that I really don't cook much, just let him grill almost every night.

My mother was a fantastic cook, as was my grandmother and my aunts on both side of the family.

My cookbook will be a gift for my mother for Christmas - probably next year if I can get it in gear. I've always wanted to make a cookbook so I've collected papers and embellies with anything foodie for 6 or 7 years. If it has pasta or oranges or watermelon or chocolate on it - I bought it. I've got 3 or 4 different with cookies and even some with pasta and some with macaroni and cheese.

I am scrapping down the recipes I grew up with and ones that are familiar to her and ones that I've made over the years that I think she will enjoy. Just my favorites.

I'm trying to make them all and photograph them - will get a lot done at Thanksgiving because I do plan to do a big Thanksgiving dinner which I enjoy. I cook enough for 3 complete armies I think!

The original book will got to my mother. Then I am scanning all the pages (a real pain because my scanner bed isn't big enough so I have to do it in 4 parts and stitch it together). Those will be put in a 12 x 12 Shutterfly book.

I'll keep a copy, give each of my kids (2 sons) a copy, I will give one to each of my brother's and their wives, my best scrap friend will get one and probably my best friend in Louisiana who has been like a sister to me for 30 years. My son's daughter will also get a copy.

Many of my recipes have family stories to go with them and some are just favorites of my kids or my brothers.

The next recipe I'm going to make and put in is my Witches Brew. Actually it is a punch modeled after the creamsicle (orange and vanilla things on a stick) we all loved as kids but it is orange and I make it at Halloween and put it in a huge plastic cauldron so I call it Witches brew. I make it for group gatherings and used to take it to office pot lucks and I always had to refill the cauldron several times.

It brings a lot of childhood memories for my kids so it will be included and I will make it a Halloween page.

My 3-year old granddaughter wants to be a witch this Halloween and if that happens, and I get good pictures, her Halloween picture will appear on that page.

If that doesn't work out I'll change the name to "Not-So-Scary" Halloween punch and put her picture last Halloween in a little lion costume. I'll make it work and change the name accordingly.

My family all loves my Southern lemonade which will go in the book. My kids are always asking me how to make it like I do - If they've asked me about it, then it goes in.

Also, my family has always gone to a lot of church potlucks so my favorite potluck dishes will go in.

Don't know if that will help. There are just a lot of recipes I want my kids to have and ones that will bring back memories for my mother that she used to make and I thought it would be a great keepsake for family members. I'm giving mom the original and printing the rest in Shutterfly.

My guess is it will have 70-100 recipes.

But I have set a goal of having it printed by next Christmas (2015) which means I need to really have the recipes done by next fall. The hardest and most time consuming part is making the recipes and photographing them.

Considering I have over 300 pages of travel layouts to do and I want to catch up and I have 17 title pages to do which I also want to get done so I can have those books printed, and wondering that we travel constantly and are rarely home - when I am here I spend all my time working on these projects.

Don't feel bad..I do not cook much. Dave does mostly. He also does the dishes & cleans house too That is one of the reasons I loved about him..if it needed done..he would just do it He came with his own brand of laundry detergent lol I was so happy because my EXDH would not do 1 thing in the house..
I think all of the recipients will love the book
I think you said in one post that you need to stitch from scanning..you should buy a 12x12 printer. now since you have started doing your travel book digi too. maybe in the future you would be doing them in your hotel
I made the one for my niece in 8x11 but I am going to make recipe pages that are 12x12 for me & my kids. I din't know if she would have a place to store it.
My kids have asked for the recipes too.
When I make the album for them..it is going to be for the history & for them to not use. I like the idea you have the copies to use in the kitchen

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

These pages are wonderful I think you should have the letter, the tank & the guard..it was part of your experience Bill has some awesome negotiating skills

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Back to the album no headache today

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I was so lucky about the older recipe memories by my Uncle Carroll He had been doing genealogy for many years. I had been doing it too. I bought those recipe albums many years before I used them. Luckily I emailed him asking about his kitchen & cooking & recipe memories to use in those books before we lost him.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I've thought a lot about getting a 12 x 12 printer but I don't have room for it. I need to scale down on machines and equipment!

If they are started digit that would be great be able to print the pages!

I really want to start doing my travel pages from my hotel rooms. Will probably always do my family layouts by hand so the various family and friends albums will have the original pages but. For the travel pages a printer would be great to have! But I don't know where I would put it.

Right now - my spending has been out of control. Would be next year before I could even think about it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

So glad your headache is gone! YAY!!!!!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Back to the album no headache today

that great I hate them

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Linda - I went through every page of your recipe scrapbook - it is awesome! You did a wonderful job - what a wonderful gift that was! Love that you included the old recipes written on the recipe cards and so many old photographs. What a nice personal gift that made!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Duplicate post - sorry.

Whenever something doesn't look like its going to go through I tend to get impatient and hit the "enter" button again. Result - duplicate posts!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I've thought a lot about getting a 12 x 12 printer but I don't have room for it. I need to scale down on machines and equipment!

If they are started digit that would be great be able to print the pages!

I really want to start doing my travel pages from my hotel rooms. Will probably always do my family layouts by hand so the various family and friends albums will have the original pages but. For the travel pages a printer would be great to have! But I don't know where I would put it.

Right now - my spending has been out of control. Would be next year before I could even think about it!

Oh well...if you do not have room for it..you can't help it lol
like you said..all of your other pages are not going to be digi anyway

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Linda - I went through every page of your recipe scrapbook - it is awesome! You did a wonderful job - what a wonderful gift that was! Love that you included the old recipes written on the recipe cards and so many old photographs. What a nice personal gift that made!

Hey hon, That was very very sweet for you to leave such nice comments on all those pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just remembered a funny recipe story.
My great aunt Joy used to make cookies that we adored she would mail them to us in tins. she would never give us her recipe we all loved them. I forgot about them. Years later after she had died, we received her recipe books. I was hoping we could find her recipe. In one of the books we found it. It was called Cinnamon Favorites. Now we have it YEAH
It is the exact same recipe as snickerdoodles. For some reason I never made snickerdoodles. Maybe my books didn't have it.

Edited by anda11 on 10-08-14 09:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to anda11

Linda glad your headache is gone. What a great story about the snickerdoodle recipe.

I love that a good recipe can bring back so many family memories.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

A Halloween card.

trick or treat By Andrea M

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well I done a recipe for Christmas for my mom and sister and my aunt and grandma.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to andrea m

I remember when I got married in 1970. And not to the love of my life who I am married to now. (We were engaged as teenagers but I got mad and broke up with him and met and married someone else way too quickly! It took Bill and me 38 years to get back together!)

Anyway, when I was married to my first husband he was a morning drive dj for one of the biggest radio stations at home and I knew nothing about cooking. He invited a couple he worked (another dj and his wife) for dinner.

I found a recipe that looked wonderful for a casserole. I swear, it did not say to cook the pasta first and as a new cook, I didn't figure it out.

Imagine the expressions when everyone bit into the hard pasta.

At least it looked wonderful. I had taken cheese and carefully cut out our guests last name and baked it on top of the casserole.

I have a lot of really funny kitchen bloopers that I will include in my cookbook. I will try to find a page I already scrapped and put it here.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Okay - this can be enlarged so you can read it. I don't have a copy of these stories that I can just copy and paste.

Kitchen Kalamaties By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Taking a break. St. John's Basilica in Ephesus is done and packed to glue at the next crop. Temple of Artemis need final printing of journaling done on good paper and it is ready to pack for the next crop.

I just have the main pictures of old Ephesus which I am not doing anything special for - the pictures don't need a lot of frou-frou. They just need to be arranged and that won't take long. May do some journaling - I'm not sure yet.

Ephesus will be finished before I go to bed tonight, probably a lot earlier.

I have 3 recipes picked out to do (one will be for the punch challenge) and then I will get to do 3 title pages (I really enjoy those so its kind of my reward for doing all the journaling pages.

Then I will do my last Greek port - Mykonosis, then some recipes, then some title pages, then I will start Istanbul which will take a while.

Bucharest will then be one page but there will be a lot on Transylvania (Dracula's castle) and a lot on Budapest. Then this travel scrapbook is finished and it is on to family layouts for the rest of 2013. I think there is a trip to Hawaii with quite a few pages to do and a trip to San Diego also but those will finish out 2013.

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom

Hi everyone, I'm finally back. Vacation was very relaxing even though we got a delayed start.

Things at work have been crazy for the last month and a half. My boss had to have surgery the week before my vacation started and was off 6 weeks. We had an employee quit and another go on vacation for 2 weeks, and last Friday the significant-other of another employee passed away so he will be off for a few weeks. There are only 9 of us in the store so we are all anxious to get back to our normal work schedule.

My son's visit home was wonderful. He was able to spend time relaxing and getting spoiled by grandma (my mom). It was also bitter sweet for him because he knows this is probably the last trip home that my mother-in-law will still be with us.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to get back to scrapping much yet. I am still trying to work out the logistics of having 2 extra dogs in the house (my son had to leave his 2 dogs with us when he went back to base). I'm not used to 2 high energy, mischievous dogs. We are all getting used to each other a little more every day.

It looks like everyone has been really productive while I've been gone. All the layouts, cards, and projects look amazing.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to EagleScoutMom

So glad you are back - sounds like you have really had a lot going on. Hopefully everything will settle down and you can get back to your pre-vacation routine and scrapping!

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom

I hope so too Henri. All this chaos is driving me crazy.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to EagleScoutMom

Good morning dear friends
I was working on the pages yesterday. I almost finished one. (but not sure I Like it yet). I planned another. then I realized that I am getting down to the last number of open pages. I realized that I need to go to my long long long lists of things & my sticker stuff & papers to make sure they go on the remaining pages.
I have added pages too so I can do that if I need to.:)
I started to get a mild sick headache so I stopped working on stuff
I do not have one today yet YEAH I am going to work on it
I still need to read all your posts

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Cairo, Egypt - Page 4 By Henri Jean

Cairo, Egypt - Page 5 By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh Linda, I am so glad you don't have a headache today but how awful that it intruded on your scrapbook time yesterday. I feel so bad for you or anyone who suffers from migraines.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Good morning. Here is some coffee

I need to work on some more on my Seattle layouts. some of them I just don't know what to do with some of the pic hmm

EagleScoutMom
Resident
EagleScoutMom
In response to anda11

Linda, I'm glad your headache is gone. They are never fun.

Tomorrow is my day off and I am looking forward to spending some time scrapping. I am working on a layout of my dd when she was 6 months old but I am stuck. Something isn't working but I haven't figured out what yet. Maybe I'll get it figured out tomorrow.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Hi kim welcome back. I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

good morning

well I hate when I get migraines the are bad. well today going into the city to do some stuff. I need to buy some paper for some of my layouts. well my mom text me and told me she might come in nov with my sister. I can't Waite for thanksgiving. we are going to head to Cali and stay with my parents 2 days and then head to Vegas and stay with my husband aunt for 2 day and go see my friends and I was going to go to my old job to see a few people.

Hi kim welcome back.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

There is one picture here that I hope does not offend anyone - it was significant that the dagger handle above the belt appears to be the handle of a weapon and once below the belt it appears to be something else. It was interesting but a bit provocative too. Since it starts at the belt level, it is most likely not what it looks like.

Cairo, Egypt - Page 6 By Henri Jean

Cairo, Egypt - Page 7 By Henri Jean

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Happy Sunday all - was away on business then took the day yesterday to relax a bit and sort of get caught up here on the boards and we went out for a walk around town and a lovely meal. Today need to get a few groceries and finish the laundry and we are maybe going to the botanic gardens for a walkabout.

It is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend back home so I am cooking a turkey breast for supper in honour of it - we couldn't find any pumpkin though for me to make a pumpkin pie so I think a pumpkin spiced latte is in order at some point.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hi everyone!!
I won't be posting anything until the 15th as I want try winning the $100. Everyone here should try!!

Have a great day!!
Donna

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

At dinner with a family friend last night and got a text from Bill, "needed to work in Corpus Christi, Texas - strike situational and they need body protection for CEO. Should we go?"

I asked him, "Me too?"

He texted back, "Not going without you."

I texted him, "When"

He texted back, "Soon"

When I got home I looked at him and said, "How soon?"

He said, "could be tomorrow afternoon".

I'm working on my punch layout today. If Bill tells me in a couple hours that we are leaving for Texas I won't be able to finish it now. Could be months before I get near it again. So, I'm going to work as much as I can on it now. Its a recipe page and it is going to require making and decorating a batch of cookies so I was going to work on it all week. Now I may not be able to get much done on it at all! I'm trying Donna!!!

The cookies have pumpkin in them so its the right time of year for them. They are big pumpkin/oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies in the shape of pumpkins that are frosted and decorated with candy.

However, Bill won't eat anything with pumpkin so I was going to make a different kind of chocolate cookie for him which I need to photograph for the recipe page too.

I am going to go ahead and get the punch work done though because it is pretty elaborate and I don't know what I'm doing!

I'm kind of hoping we go to Texas because I love it when he takes these contracts. I stay in a nice hotel while he is working all day and play on my computer and if I want I go shopping. I usually find a nice place for 2 or 3 hour lunches and read. I could go to movies if I want. I just have plenty of time to rest and do whatever I want and then we go out to dinner when he gets off work.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well i got some layouts done yesterday

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh wow Henri!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

we just finished Thanksgiving dinner - turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and carrots and turnips mashed with butter! Yummy

It isn't exactly the same but it will do.

Expert

Wanna adopt me Henri?
I haven't caught up with everyones' news, so I hope you are all well and happily crafting away.
I am working on another batch of 10 cards, 2 more to go! Trying to stay busy by doing them, as I need the distraction at the moment. We lost our beloved Golden Retriever a week ago. He was 11.5 years and we are all lost without him. I am so glad he is in lots of layouts in our albums

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to christiscraps61

That sounds so good Tammy! I took our company to Sonny's BBQ for pulled pork sandwiches and I have no idea what BIll and I will do. I may be packing while he runs out to get us something to eat or we could eat on the road. Just don't know yet if we are going. If he takes the job we have to be there on Tuesday and it is a long drive.

Sure - Christi - I love to adopt people! Would really be fun to have someone on these work trips with Bill to shop and do things with.

Thought about taking the 35 pages or so that I need to glue and finish but hesitant because if we don't come home before we go to Hawaii they can end up sitting in a hot car for months.

Christi - I am so sorry about your Golden Retriever. I've lost a beloved pet before, on more than one occasion and it is so difficult. I lost one I really loved in 2000 and I still wake up at night in tears. Doesn't happen very often but sometimes I really miss her.

I guess that lets me know I really did love her. Mostly when I think of her thought it is with a smile. I wish I had scrapped pages of her but I only have a few pictures.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Cairo Egypt, Page 8 By Henri Jean

In the layout below the big photo is a photo I bought on 12 x 12 scrapbook paper but the two photos at the bottom of the pyramids are mine.

Cairo, Egypt - Page 9 By Henri Jean

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Happy Monday all - just on my lunch break.
I have a few things to accomplish at home in the next week and a half before my surgery so not sure how much scrapping I will get done.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good morning - doesn't look like we are going to Texas. We've just decided it isn't worth it to go, turn around and drive a couple days home to head out on vacation. Too much to do here.

We are in the middle of re-lining kitchen drawers now and I don't want to leave the mess - I want that done and my pantry and refrigerator heavy cleaned and organized before I go anywhere.

Really, I think I'm kind of relieved we aren't going.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

good morning

well Saturday I work on my layouts still work on them more today. Sunday we went to the movies.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well glad that is sorted my dear Henri!

Expert

Morning everyone...
Tammy, I missed the news of your upcoming surgery. I hope all goes smoothly and you recover quickly.
Thanks for your kind words Henri

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to christiscraps61

Hi dear friends,
I have been having lots of headaches but not really bad ones thankfully. I haven't been doing much.
I haven't felt like working on anything

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

christmas card By Southern Lady

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Had a nice four-day weekend, got all the interior boxes done for my autumn Configurations book (it's twice the size of my previous ones), and got a lot of work done on a home decor haunted house piece with my Cameo. Looks amazing. Can't believe I waited until just the past few months to start using Glossy Accents.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to aquabunny

Andrea glossy accents is great stuff.

Linda so sorry you are having headaches. I had a few last week and now i think i have a stomach bug. I did not get to get much done this weekend.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I had forgotten about Glossy Accents! I need to break it out - I used to love it. Just got put away and eventually I didn't remember to get it out anymore.

Today I picked enough nice Meyer lemons into he back yard to make a gallon of lemonade. There are hundreds of lemons just turning yellow so we will have enough for lemonade in the freezer for most of next year. I'll pick them gradually and then around Christmas I'll get the ones that are left.

Then I took a picture of the lemonade for a recipe page. There is a reason behind my madness and it usually has something to do with scrapbooking!

The blood oranges may do well this year. The tree is only a couple years old so this will be its first year with oranges - just hope they are sweet!

I ordered a fabulous punch on eBay - called Celtic punch. I got it and it is awesome but it is huge. The problem is that you can't just use it, you have to have a little machine to hook the punch into.

Okay - checked out the machines (Fiskar's) and they were $49.99 so I wasn't buying that to use one punch. I just put my punch away and decided that maybe I'll find one at a yard sale somewhere maybe. Fat chance.

Then a friend told me that Hobby Lobby was having a real sale. Not a mark up so they can mark it down - they were having a real sale.

The machine was $16.42. Odd amount. They only had one and its mine now. I also bought a punch on sale for $17.99. Expensive but the punches are usually around $30.00.

Then another punch was inside with the machine and I didn't even realize it and I love it too!

Then when I went to Joann's tonight all Fiskar's punches were buy 1 get one free. So, I got the last two punches for the machine that I wanted. There are 4 or 5 more available but I have the 5 that I want! Even at buy one get one free they rang up at $15.00 but I will use them!

They are call AdvantEdge punch system by Fiskar's. Very cool!

Edited by Henri Jean on 10-13-14 04:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Linda I am so sorry about your headaches. Is there anything that can be done? I have friends who have migraines and they really suffer. I feel so bad for you - wish I could do something to help!

Sorry about your stomach bug too Andrea M. Hope you are feeling better soon.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

thanks henri.

Great buy on the machine and punches. Glad you were able to get them.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to andrea m

Hello everyone, is anyone getting excited about the contest starting Wed??

I hope you all feel better soon!!

Edited by bonprof on 10-13-14 07:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

Hi Donna, I can't wait for weds. I have a page done to add to the gallery

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to anda11

Hi Linda!!
Yay for you!! I have 3 pages so far.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to bonprof

Linda so sorry you are having headaches

hello and good morning

I can't wait for weds. I am almost done with my layouts from are vacation

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

I have a card and a tag to upload. I hope to finish a few more tags today. Tomorrow i hope to do a lo.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to andrea m

Thanks Andrea M. I am all through buying punches now. I can't even walk through the punch department for a while.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

If you look at my face when the camel or getting up or down, it is the look of sheet terror. The camel doesn't just stand straight up - at one point you feel like you will fall straight back and at another point you feel like you will be thrown over his head! Once he's standing though its fine.

Cairo, Egypt - Page 10 By Henri Jean

My face in the lower left photo on this one is pathetic! You can tell I was scared!

Cairo, Egypt - Page 11 By Henri Jean

Cairo, Egypt - 2 sides By Henri Jean

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Thanks Christi!

I sure hope everyone feels better soon

and ummm what contest on Wednesday?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady