Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to bonprof

i finished another one last night.

pumpkin carving By Andrea M

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Seattle By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to southern lady

Seattle By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hello dear friends, I am testing to see if I can be here. I have still been headachey for days. IT is still there but I am gong to try to read through the some of the posts before it gets worse.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
  • anda11 Said:
Back to the album no headache today

that great I hate them

THanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
So glad your headache is gone! YAY!!!!!!!

Thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to jeniferdwn

• jeniferdwn Said:
All I can say is Good Luck and Wow! Wish I could see the finished copy!!! Sounds amazing! I know they will love it!

me too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Linda glad your headache is gone. What a great story about the snickerdoodle recipe.

I love that a good recipe can bring back so many family memories.

Thanks hon You are so right about recipe pages bringing back the memories that the recipes do.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
A Halloween card.

trick or treat By Andrea M

This is adorable Andrea I love everything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well I done a recipe for Christmas for my mom and sister and my aunt and grandma.

Hi Danielle, do you mean for this year or did you already give it to them ?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I remember when I got married in 1970. And not to the love of my life who I am married to now. (We were engaged as teenagers but I got mad and broke up with him and met and married someone else way too quickly! It took Bill and me 38 years to get back together!)

Anyway, when I was married to my first husband he was a morning drive dj for one of the biggest radio stations at home and I knew nothing about cooking. He invited a couple he worked (another dj and his wife) for dinner.

I found a recipe that looked wonderful for a casserole. I swear, it did not say to cook the pasta first and as a new cook, I didn't figure it out.

Imagine the expressions when everyone bit into the hard pasta.

At least it looked wonderful. I had taken cheese and carefully cut out our guests last name and baked it on top of the casserole.

I have a lot of really funny kitchen bloopers that I will include in my cookbook. I will try to find a page I already scrapped and put it here.

OH Henri, that is hilarous
I am so glad that you were able to get back with the love of your life

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Okay - this can be enlarged so you can read it. I don't have a copy of these stories that I can just copy and paste.

Kitchen Kalamaties By Henri Jean

These are hilarious too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Taking a break. St. John's Basilica in Ephesus is done and packed to glue at the next crop. Temple of Artemis need final printing of journaling done on good paper and it is ready to pack for the next crop.

I just have the main pictures of old Ephesus which I am not doing anything special for - the pictures don't need a lot of frou-frou. They just need to be arranged and that won't take long. May do some journaling - I'm not sure yet.

Ephesus will be finished before I go to bed tonight, probably a lot earlier.

I have 3 recipes picked out to do (one will be for the punch challenge) and then I will get to do 3 title pages (I really enjoy those so its kind of my reward for doing all the journaling pages.

Then I will do my last Greek port - Mykonosis, then some recipes, then some title pages, then I will start Istanbul which will take a while.

Bucharest will then be one page but there will be a lot on Transylvania (Dracula's castle) and a lot on Budapest. Then this travel scrapbook is finished and it is on to family layouts for the rest of 2013. I think there is a trip to Hawaii with quite a few pages to do and a trip to San Diego also but those will finish out 2013.

Glad you got those pages ready for the crop
I am glad that you got the next 3 recipes chosen
I am glad that you are progessing on the greek port & Bucharest

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to EagleScoutMom

• EagleScoutMom Said:
Hi everyone, I'm finally back. Vacation was very relaxing even though we got a delayed start.

Things at work have been crazy for the last month and a half. My boss had to have surgery the week before my vacation started and was off 6 weeks. We had an employee quit and another go on vacation for 2 weeks, and last Friday the significant-other of another employee passed away so he will be off for a few weeks. There are only 9 of us in the store so we are all anxious to get back to our normal work schedule.

My son's visit home was wonderful. He was able to spend time relaxing and getting spoiled by grandma (my mom). It was also bitter sweet for him because he knows this is probably the last trip home that my mother-in-law will still be with us.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to get back to scrapping much yet. I am still trying to work out the logistics of having 2 extra dogs in the house (my son had to leave his 2 dogs with us when he went back to base). I'm not used to 2 high energy, mischievous dogs. We are all getting used to each other a little more every day.

It looks like everyone has been really productive while I've been gone. All the layouts, cards, and projects look amazing.

I am so sorry that to hear about all of the bad things happening at your work I hope that your schedule will be back to normal soon
I am glad that you had a wonderful vacation I am so glad you had this time to be with your precious son. I am glad that you all had a great time
It is hard to get used to 2 high energy dogs. I hope that they will be easy for you. I am sorry to hear about your mil. You sure have your hands full.

Veteran
In response to anda11

Henri Jean-- you got to ride a camel?!?!?!?!? I love camels!!They have so much personality!! I always love to find them at the fair or a live nativity!!

Andrea -- your Halloween cards are so cute!!

Linda -- can you tell when you are about to get a migraine or do you know when you will have them? I can tell when I am about to get one. I feel little twinges for a little while before it really gets bad. Also one week a month, I have them daily (as if that week isn't fun enough by itself, throw in migraines!!) They are hormone related. My brother is a pharmacist and did a research project on them when he was still in school and gave me some suggestions if you're interested.

So glad we don't have school tomorrow. Have so much to do. Clothes to wash, clean out the fridge, clean the bunny cages, put away clothes, get some scrapping done, go to post office, go to bank, ugh, I'm tired already!! Night everybody!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• EagleScoutMom Said:
I hope so too Henri. All this chaos is driving me crazy.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

Henri, these are both awesome pages fabulous photos again love everything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Oh Linda, I am so glad you don't have a headache today but how awful that it intruded on your scrapbook time yesterday. I feel so bad for you or anyone who suffers from migraines.

Thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
Good morning. Here is some coffee

I need to work on some more on my Seattle layouts. some of them I just don't know what to do with some of the pic hmm

I don't drink coffee..how about some hot chocolate?
I hope that you figure out what you want to do for those Seattle pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• EagleScoutMom Said:
Linda, I'm glad your headache is gone. They are never fun.

Tomorrow is my day off and I am looking forward to spending some time scrapping. I am working on a layout of my dd when she was 6 months old but I am stuck. Something isn't working but I haven't figured out what yet. Maybe I'll get it figured out tomorrow.

Thanks hon
I am glad that you were going to scrap I can't wait to see your daughter at 6 mos

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
good morning

well I hate when I get migraines the are bad. well today going into the city to do some stuff. I need to buy some paper for some of my layouts. well my mom text me and told me she might come in nov with my sister. I can't Waite for thanksgiving. we are going to head to Cali and stay with my parents 2 days and then head to Vegas and stay with my husband aunt for 2 day and go see my friends and I was going to go to my old job to see a few people.

Hi kim welcome back.

I am so glad that your mom may come in NOv. & thay you may go visiting family. I am glad you were going paper shopping

MIne used to be very severe pain. from teens on. they were always the same. I started seeing spots..then I had 30 mins to get home where I always threw up & then the headache came on & I had to be in the dark. Thankfully I was able to sleep. My 1st dr knew they were migrianes but back then they did not connect them hormonally at all. He retired. I had a female dr. she said they were connected to my period. That was great because then I was able to stop eating my triggers a week before I stated & then I didn't get them all the time. It was easy to figure my triggers. Thankfully.
I was so glad that when i went in perimemopause..
they changed dramatically.
They really aren't severe anymore & I don't throw up. They are mild or I feel like I have a rock in my head. Instead of having the 1 or 2 a month (when I h ad them) I may have them daily for weeks now. I am usually able to watch tv & be on the computer.

Edited by anda11 on 10-16-14 07:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to anda11

Hi everyone. Andrea, love your beautiful cards!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
There is one picture here that I hope does not offend anyone - it was significant that the dagger handle above the belt appears to be the handle of a weapon and once below the belt it appears to be something else. It was interesting but a bit provocative too. Since it starts at the belt level, it is most likely not what it looks like.

Cairo, Egypt - Page 6 By Henri Jean

Cairo, Egypt - Page 7 By Henri Jean

Two more fabulous pages with awesome photos Great journaling as usual

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Happy Sunday all - was away on business then took the day yesterday to relax a bit and sort of get caught up here on the boards and we went out for a walk around town and a lovely meal. Today need to get a few groceries and finish the laundry and we are maybe going to the botanic gardens for a walkabout.

It is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend back home so I am cooking a turkey breast for supper in honour of it - we couldn't find any pumpkin though for me to make a pumpkin pie so I think a pumpkin spiced latte is in order at some point.

I am happy that you had a wonderful Sun It sounds like you did some great things
I am sorry that you couldn't find pumpkin to make pies I am glad that you can get a pumpkin spiced latte in it's place.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Hi everyone!!
I won't be posting anything until the 15th as I want try winning the $100. Everyone here should try!!

Have a great day!!
Donna

Oh Donna, if you have to wait to post anything for a few days....you will have quite the collection of pages done by then. You are such a fast scraper.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
At dinner with a family friend last night and got a text from Bill, "needed to work in Corpus Christi, Texas - strike situational and they need body protection for CEO. Should we go?"

I asked him, "Me too?"

He texted back, "Not going without you."

I texted him, "When"

He texted back, "Soon"

When I got home I looked at him and said, "How soon?"

He said, "could be tomorrow afternoon".

I'm working on my punch layout today. If Bill tells me in a couple hours that we are leaving for Texas I won't be able to finish it now. Could be months before I get near it again. So, I'm going to work as much as I can on it now. Its a recipe page and it is going to require making and decorating a batch of cookies so I was going to work on it all week. Now I may not be able to get much done on it at all! I'm trying Donna!!!

The cookies have pumpkin in them so its the right time of year for them. They are big pumpkin/oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies in the shape of pumpkins that are frosted and decorated with candy.

However, Bill won't eat anything with pumpkin so I was going to make a different kind of chocolate cookie for him which I need to photograph for the recipe page too.

I am going to go ahead and get the punch work done though because it is pretty elaborate and I don't know what I'm doing!

I'm kind of hoping we go to Texas because I love it when he takes these contracts. I stay in a nice hotel while he is working all day and play on my computer and if I want I go shopping. I usually find a nice place for 2 or 3 hour lunches and read. I could go to movies if I want. I just have plenty of time to rest and do whatever I want and then we go out to dinner when he gets off work.

That sounds very exciting

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well i got some layouts done yesterday

Congratulations Danielle.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
we just finished Thanksgiving dinner - turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and carrots and turnips mashed with butter! Yummy

It isn't exactly the same but it will do.

WHOOHOO I am so glad that you had a nice meal to celebrate. Happy Canadian thanksgiving

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to christiscraps61

• christiscraps61 Said:
Wanna adopt me Henri?
I haven't caught up with everyones' news, so I hope you are all well and happily crafting away.
I am working on another batch of 10 cards, 2 more to go! Trying to stay busy by doing them, as I need the distraction at the moment. We lost our beloved Golden Retriever a week ago. He was 11.5 years and we are all lost without him. I am so glad he is in lots of layouts in our albums

I am so deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved golden.
I am glad that you have him in lots of your books so you can remember him fondly
I think if you feel better scrapping then you should scrap .

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Cairo Egypt, Page 8 By Henri Jean

In the layout below the big photo is a photo I bought on 12 x 12 scrapbook paper but the two photos at the bottom of the pyramids are mine.

Cairo, Egypt - Page 9 By Henri Jean

Two more awesome pages. The pics are great. I love the one of you & Bill. Your lunch looked like it was fun & interesting

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Happy Monday all - just on my lunch break.
I have a few things to accomplish at home in the next week and a half before my surgery so not sure how much scrapping I will get done.

OH no..I didn't know you were going to have surgery. I am sorry to hear that.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Good morning - doesn't look like we are going to Texas. We've just decided it isn't worth it to go, turn around and drive a couple days home to head out on vacation. Too much to do here.

We are in the middle of re-lining kitchen drawers now and I don't want to leave the mess - I want that done and my pantry and refrigerator heavy cleaned and organized before I go anywhere.

Really, I think I'm kind of relieved we aren't going.

That is good after all since you have lots of stuff to do yet.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
good morning

well Saturday I work on my layouts still work on them more today. Sunday we went to the movies.

I am glad that you were able to work on some layouts Movies sound fun

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

Danielle, That card is adorable I love everything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Had a nice four-day weekend, got all the interior boxes done for my autumn Configurations book (it's twice the size of my previous ones), and got a lot of work done on a home decor haunted house piece with my Cameo. Looks amazing. Can't believe I waited until just the past few months to start using Glossy Accents.

Hey Andrea, I am glad you had nice 4 day weekend I am so glad that you got the inside done for your autumn book & your home decor piece too. I can't wait to see this one

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Andrea glossy accents is great stuff.

Linda so sorry you are having headaches. I had a few last week and now i think i have a stomach bug. I did not get to get much done this weekend.

Oh Andrea, I am so sorry to hear that you have a stomach bug. I hope you recover quickly

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I had forgotten about Glossy Accents! I need to break it out - I used to love it. Just got put away and eventually I didn't remember to get it out anymore.

Today I picked enough nice Meyer lemons into he back yard to make a gallon of lemonade. There are hundreds of lemons just turning yellow so we will have enough for lemonade in the freezer for most of next year. I'll pick them gradually and then around Christmas I'll get the ones that are left.

Then I took a picture of the lemonade for a recipe page. There is a reason behind my madness and it usually has something to do with scrapbooking!

The blood oranges may do well this year. The tree is only a couple years old so this will be its first year with oranges - just hope they are sweet!

I ordered a fabulous punch on eBay - called Celtic punch. I got it and it is awesome but it is huge. The problem is that you can't just use it, you have to have a little machine to hook the punch into.

Okay - checked out the machines (Fiskar's) and they were $49.99 so I wasn't buying that to use one punch. I just put my punch away and decided that maybe I'll find one at a yard sale somewhere maybe. Fat chance.

Then a friend told me that Hobby Lobby was having a real sale. Not a mark up so they can mark it down - they were having a real sale.

The machine was $16.42. Odd amount. They only had one and its mine now. I also bought a punch on sale for $17.99. Expensive but the punches are usually around $30.00.

Then another punch was inside with the machine and I didn't even realize it and I love it too!

Then when I went to Joann's tonight all Fiskar's punches were buy 1 get one free. So, I got the last two punches for the machine that I wanted. There are 4 or 5 more available but I have the 5 that I want! Even at buy one get one free they rang up at $15.00 but I will use them!

They are call AdvantEdge punch system by Fiskar's. Very cool!

I love lemonade I am so happy to hear about you good success with your new punch system whoohoo or should I say punches???? lol
I am so glad you were able to find them at such good prices

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Linda I am so sorry about your headaches. Is there anything that can be done? I have friends who have migraines and they really suffer. I feel so bad for you - wish I could do something to help!

Sorry about your stomach bug too Andrea M. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks Henri,
MIne used to be very severe pain. from teens on. they were always the same. I started seeing spots..then I had 30 mins to get home where I always threw up & then the headache came on & I had to be in the dark. Thankfully I was able to sleep. My 1st dr knew they were migrianes but back then they did not connect them hormonally at all. He retired. I had a female dr. she said they were connected to my period. That was great because then I was able to stop eating my triggers a week before I stated & then I didn't get them all the time. It was easy to figure my triggers. Thankfully.
They really aren't severe anymore & I don't throw up. They are mild or I feel like I have a rock in my head. Instead of having the 1 or 2 a month (when I h ad them) I may have them daily for weeks now. I am usually able to watch tv & be on the computer.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Hi Linda!!
Yay for you!! I have 3 pages so far.

whoohoo well since that was a few days ago..you probably have lots more LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
Linda so sorry you are having headaches

hello and good morning

I can't wait for weds. I am almost done with my layouts from are vacation

Thanks hon, I am so glad t hat you have some pages too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
I have a card and a tag to upload. I hope to finish a few more tags today. Tomorrow i hope to do a lo.

whoohoo to you too Andrea I do hope you finish them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Thanks Andrea M. I am all through buying punches now. I can't even walk through the punch department for a while.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
If you look at my face when the camel or getting up or down, it is the look of sheet terror. The camel doesn't just stand straight up - at one point you feel like you will fall straight back and at another point you feel like you will be thrown over his head! Once he's standing though its fine.

Cairo, Egypt - Page 10 By Henri Jean

My face in the lower left photo on this one is pathetic! You can tell I was scared!

Cairo, Egypt - Page 11 By Henri Jean

Cairo, Egypt - 2 sides By Henri Jean

these are perfect I love the paper & title. You do look terrified ;

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Thanks Christi!

I sure hope everyone feels better soon

and ummm what contest on Wednesday?

It is a contest where you load something in the gallery for a chance to win. If I remember right..it is to win a gift card of 100. I think it might go for a month..correct me if I am wrong

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

That is beautiful Danielle. I love everything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

This is fabulous Danielle

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

Love the camera & ticket. Great page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
i did this today.

first day of school By Andrea M

Love the quote &papers awesome page of your 2 cute kids

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
another card.

happy halloween By Andrea M

another adorable card

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

Love the papers..very sweet card

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Few Words (1910) By Bonprof

Everyone have a great day!!

too funny.lovely page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
i finished another one last night.

pumpkin carving By Andrea M

the papers are perfect fun page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

another fabulous Seattle page hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

This is really pretty Danielle

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• jeniferdwn Said:
Henri Jean-- you got to ride a camel?!?!?!?!? I love camels!!They have so much personality!! I always love to find them at the fair or a live nativity!!

Andrea -- your Halloween cards are so cute!!

Linda -- can you tell when you are about to get a migraine or do you know when you will have them? I can tell when I am about to get one. I feel little twinges for a little while before it really gets bad. Also one week a month, I have them daily (as if that week isn't fun enough by itself, throw in migraines!!) They are hormone related. My brother is a pharmacist and did a research project on them when he was still in school and gave me some suggestions if you're interested.

So glad we don't have school tomorrow. Have so much to do. Clothes to wash, clean out the fridge, clean the bunny cages, put away clothes, get some scrapping done, go to post office, go to bank, ugh, I'm tired already!! Night everybody!

I am so glad that you don't have school tomorrow
I am sorry that you are a migraine sufferer.
here is my migraine story. Mine were always t he same..I had to get the shot thing from the pharmacy for years. (I think it was the only thing.) ( I am old) lol I did get some prescriptioin pills a few yrs ago. The excedrin migraine used to work some.thankfully they migraines changed
MIne used to be very severe pain. from teens on. they were always the same. I started seeing spots..then I had 30 mins to get home where I always threw up & then the severe headache came on & I had to be in the dark. Thankfully I was able to sleep. My 1st dr knew they were migrianes but back then they did not connect them hormonally at all. He retired. I had a female dr. she said they were connected to my period. That was great because then I was able to stop eating my triggers a week before I stated & then I didn't get them all the time. It was easy to figure my triggers. Thankfully.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am acu

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:
well I done a recipe for Christmas for my mom and sister and my aunt and grandma.

this Christmas

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Seattle By Southern Lady

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

I get migraines during that time of the month to. Sometimes i just have to lay in bed with my eyes closed.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

this Christmas

Oh they will really love it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

This is wonderful Danielle. I love everything.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
I get migraines during that time of the month to. Sometimes i just have to lay in bed with my eyes closed.

I am sorry Andrea I think many women get them during that time. They used to know the triggers. caffiene, wine there were a couple more but years later they found that there were more. one of them was some type of fruits which really surprised me. I am now remembering that if I get extra stressed I can get the bad ones again but luckily no throwing up & not quite as severe. when we were selling our home & downsizing & finding one...I did have some then 2 yrs ago. I sure hope that when you get in perimenopause that yours change too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to work on the album again. I:) I have no headache today
I really want to get it done soon. I want to start working on the one for my son. His birthday is Jan. the last couple yrs he was in Fla working so I want to give it to him when he drops off his dog when he leaves. I am a slow worker. lol many of the pages are the same as Angs so I can go quicker

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to anda11

Mine just started about five years ago. I did not have them when i was younger. the worst are right before i start.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

finished another lo.

trick or treat. By Andrea M

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

my migraines start when I turn 30. my mom said at that age when she was she got them a lot and now I do. I hate them make me really sick. I sometimes get when I have my period.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Seattle By Southern Lady

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

tag 2 of 12

tag 2 By Andrea M

Veteran
In response to andrea m

I didn't know so many people got migraines during their period! Like I said, I get one that Sunday morning and have one until Friday night when I start a new pack of pills. The other days of the month, I may get them if I am very stressed or if my blood pressure is up. I am on meds for anxiety, blood pressure and migraines. I didn't start having them until a few years ago when I started working for the boss from you know where. He cussed and threatened to fire me all the time. He made me so nervous. That's when my bp went up, I got so nervous and I started having these headaches. I hated him so bad. Now he is retired and it is so much better!!
My brother said on the days when I know I'm going to get a headache, to stop it before it even starts. For example, drink a cup of coffee or Pepsi with caffeine and take an excedrine mograine or whatever brands you take. If I remember to do that and I still get one it isn't nearly as bad!! I dont throw up but i hurt tothe point where i cry which makes it worse. My head is usuuallt "sore" for a day or so aftwerwards. So far I've been thankful I haven't had to go to the ER or anything. I think that would be worse because it would make me very anxious and nervous which would make the headache worse. I was supposed to have a hysterectomy 2 summers ago but I have put it off and don't know why. I hope that will help some. My daughter will be 13 in Feb and she has terrible periods. 2 years now and it lasts for at least 7 full days and she cramps so bad. She has even stayed home from a softball game and if you knew her you would know that just doesn't happen. The doctor has suggested BC pills to regulate her but I'm holding off on that until it is absolutely necessary. I don't like the idea of my 12 yr old taking them. I just hope she doesn't develop these headaches. Do any of you think your eyesight has anything to do with them? Life noticed I don't see up close as good anymore and I read constantly. Books and e-readers.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Jenifer so glad you dont have to deal with that boss anymore. I know stress can cause a lot of issues.
It is helpful to hear that others have this problem to. My last migraine i almost went to the er it was bad.

I feel for your dd. My dd has had the same problems. She had hers for six weeks once. I had to put her on meds to stop it and then take her off the meds. Now she has it for 10 to 14 days. and sometime skips months. it is hard for her.
I had to have surgery when i was in high school because of mine. I worry about my dd a lot.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

finished another.

danger By Andrea M

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to andrea m

Happy Saturday - done my business tripping for a bit until November.

need to get lots done around here but it looks like a nice day out and have some errands in town to do. just finishing up some breakfast and then will get to the day's chores.

Just wanted to check in and say Good morning!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Its barely light here. My dh and dd went hunting and woke me up early. I plant to do some decorating outside today and work on some more los. i am trying to do at least one a day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

well hello and good morning

well today have to go to the store and do my food shopping. I found out one of the scrapbook store in are city has a little party on Halloween and you dress up like witches. so I am have a hard time figure out what to wear. I was think wear my black pants and black shirt with my black boots but I don't know what else. well I am hope we can go to the storage until that wear I can get my Christmas ribbon and start make bows for my wreath. I am not good at make bows.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

look for a funky wig and witch hat danielle.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

okay I will thanks. I probably wear my bat ears that I have

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Egypt - Page 9 By Henri Jean

Egypt - Page 9 By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thought we were going to Hawaii next week but will probably be the week after. I hate to say it but I am not disappointed about the short delay. So much I want to get done at home first!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

yes but it is Hawaii!

Expert

Morning everyone,
Wow, you have all been so busy creating and they are all great
I hope to do a couple more cards this afternoon, but I have to do some bookwork this morning and must get to the house work!
I am so sorry to hear so many of you suffer terrible migraines on a regular basis. I had them in my early teens, but thankfully, not since. I really hate the thought of young girls suffering so much with their period, it is just not fair being a girl sometimes.
The last 14 years for me have been a nightmare, but I am 10 months free so far and hoping they are finally gone! Fingers crossed! 41 years is enough already!
Henri, hope you have a great time in Hawaii.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

The last of my Halloween los till i get to 2011 lol.

halloween. By Andrea M

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to andrea m

Very nice Andrea!

I am working on something for the contest. Will post tomorrow.

Everyone have a happy, scrappy day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to bonprof

i love Hawaii
I would love to go again. I more like Maui than the other islands

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thank you - I always love to go to Hawaii but we are expecting a shipment there to be sent from China and the order isn't even ready so we are going to wait for it. This will be a working vacation for us. Then again, all of our trips to Hawaii are working vacations (small business there).

I am so sorry for everyone suffering with migraines and headaches. I've never had one and they just sound awful. Our pastor's wife in Georgia suffered with migraines. Sometimes we would see her leave into he middle of a service and head out. Later the pastor would tell us that she had a migraine and had to go home and take a shot and lie down in the dark for a while because the migraines made her very sick.

How awful to live with that on a regular basis like so many of you do. Glad some of you seem to be getting milder ones now and not as often.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I've only been to Maui once and the Big Island twice but we are partial to Oahu. We like the activity and Pearl Harbor and all the restaurants and things. Love Hickam and Pearl Harbor lodging and we enjoy Bellows which is a private air force recreational facility on the beach.

We have friends we hang out with a lot on Oahu and that is part of the attraction. And we love to check out all over Oahu to see if we can find where Hawaii Five-0 is filming - that is a big deal for us. Twice we've actually found them!

When we go this time there are 3 couples who live there we hope to spend time with and also one of Bill's best friends is going on a diving trip and will be there at the same time so we will hang out with him too.

I've never been to Kauai but Bill's daughter and her husband will be there for a week in a condo at the same time so we hope to take a short flight to see them.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

I been to Kauai 2 times. once for my honeymoon and the other was with my family and friends we rent a house.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Finished up the last details on my haunted house this morning. I love my Cameo!

It looks really stellar with the lights low and the battery-operated tealights on the inside, but I just couldn't get a decent picture that way, so I have some grainy detail shots so you can get an idea of how it looks.

Papercraft Haunted House By Aquabunny

Papercraft Haunted House - Details By Aquabunny

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Mine just started about five years ago. I did not have them when i was younger. the worst are right before i start.

I am so sorry that you have to suffer too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
finished another lo.

trick or treat. By Andrea M

I love the design & papers so cute

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
my migraines start when I turn 30. my mom said at that age when she was she got them a lot and now I do. I hate them make me really sick. I sometimes get when I have my period.

I am so sorry that you have to suffer with them too. I sure hope when you get older they change like mine did.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

This is wonderful. I love the title & the pretty envelope

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
tag 2 of 12

tag 2 By Andrea M

Andrea, this is fabulous. love the image & everything

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to anda11

Andrea that haunted house is awesome.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

tag 3 of 12

tag 3 By Andrea M

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

Hi linda how are you tonight?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• jeniferdwn Said:
I didn't know so many people got migraines during their period! Like I said, I get one that Sunday morning and have one until Friday night when I start a new pack of pills. The other days of the month, I may get them if I am very stressed or if my blood pressure is up. I am on meds for anxiety, blood pressure and migraines. I didn't start having them until a few years ago when I started working for the boss from you know where. He cussed and threatened to fire me all the time. He made me so nervous. That's when my bp went up, I got so nervous and I started having these headaches. I hated him so bad. Now he is retired and it is so much better!!
My brother said on the days when I know I'm going to get a headache, to stop it before it even starts. For example, drink a cup of coffee or Pepsi with caffeine and take an excedrine mograine or whatever brands you take. If I remember to do that and I still get one it isn't nearly as bad!! I dont throw up but i hurt tothe point where i cry which makes it worse. My head is usuuallt "sore" for a day or so aftwerwards. So far I've been thankful I haven't had to go to the ER or anything. I think that would be worse because it would make me very anxious and nervous which would make the headache worse. I was supposed to have a hysterectomy 2 summers ago but I have put it off and don't know why. I hope that will help some. My daughter will be 13 in Feb and she has terrible periods. 2 years now and it lasts for at least 7 full days and she cramps so bad. She has even stayed home from a softball game and if you knew her you would know that just doesn't happen. The doctor has suggested BC pills to regulate her but I'm holding off on that until it is absolutely necessary. I don't like the idea of my 12 yr old taking them. I just hope she doesn't develop these headaches. Do any of you think your eyesight has anything to do with them? Life noticed I don't see up close as good anymore and I read constantly. Books and e-readers.

I am so sorry to hear that you have to take meds for a few things. I am so sorry that you have suffer from them too. I defintley agree that stress sure can c ause migaines. I am sorry that you have high blood pressure
It sounds like yours started are caused by stress. I am glad that your terrible boss retired so maybe you can find more relief from them .
I am so glad the caffeine pills work for you
my worst trigger is cafieine lol I am sorry that you have to have a hysterectomy . I do not blame you for waiting. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. My daughter had severe cramping for years. Pain meds didn't work & she would have to go to bed till they were gone. They never put her on the pill. If it makes you feel better...after she was in her mid 20s..they stopped being so painful. Maybe your daughter's will get better. My daughter was a softball girl too. GREAT news..my daughter never had a migraine. hopefully yours will not have them. M eyesight...I always got spots in my eyes when I had them. I never thought about them hurting my vision . I did need glasses though in grade school..years before I maybe 8 years before my migraines. your eyes..it is normal for people to need glasses as they get older but it may only be close up vision..I needed different glasses in my 40s.
I had bifocal contacs but hated them. I would rather get reg contacs or glasses with no bifocal & use a magnifying glass. I have to take my glasses off to scrap & read. Then put them back on.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Jenifer so glad you dont have to deal with that boss anymore. I know stress can cause a lot of issues.
It is helpful to hear that others have this problem to. My last migraine i almost went to the er it was bad.

I feel for your dd. My dd has had the same problems. She had hers for six weeks once. I had to put her on meds to stop it and then take her off the meds. Now she has it for 10 to 14 days. and sometime skips months. it is hard for her.
I had to have surgery when i was in high school because of mine. I worry about my dd a lot.

If they get bad..they used to have a migraine shot that you could get at the pharmacy. You self injected it like a diabetic. Then you wouldn't have t o go to the er. I haven't needed it so maybe they don't have it any more.
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I sure hope that they gets it regulated & that she doesn't need surgery.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
finished another.

danger By Andrea M

Andrea, This is a great design, adorable papers & page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Happy Saturday - done my business tripping for a bit until November.

need to get lots done around here but it looks like a nice day out and have some errands in town to do. just finishing up some breakfast and then will get to the day's chores.

Just wanted to check in and say Good morning!

Happy Saturday to you too
I am glad that you are done with business for a bit
Have fun with your errands

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Its barely light here. My dh and dd went hunting and woke me up early. I plant to do some decorating outside today and work on some more los. i am trying to do at least one a day.

That sounds like a good plan..one a day

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics