Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southern lady

• southern lady Said:
Hello good morning
I am up early can't go back to bed.
Well more clean today and work out at the gym.

Gongrats on getting more cleaning done & going to the gym

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
oh I wish I could do those things Danielle. I had a small nap this morning then got up and did this layout from back from a walk in February. I often get very blue in February but it helps to have flowers all year long here.

2014, Scotland - Flowers in February - October Page Maps Sketch 2 By Ladybing Tammy

This page is beautiful I am so glad that you are able to scrap these beautiful layouts

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Thanks for all the love on my colored images. I just started a few years ago and still have a lot to learn.

Well they sure do not look like you are newer. They look as good as the best ones I have seen

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Tammy so glad you felt well enough to work on some los.

I agree

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

what a cute bag I love the banners, t he colors, the bow

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:

Henri, the pic was amazing & it is perfect for that section. The museum page is fab too. I am so glad to hear that you had the pleasure of seeing all of his items since it was a fav

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
thanks Danielle! You seem to be getting well on with getting ready for Christmas.

Wow Andrea if you have a lot to learn no wonder I don't feel like I can do that!

tut tut Henri - heee heee lovely to see you!

tut tut Henri - heee heee lovely to see you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Lol tammy. thank you. I am still in awe of others shading and how they use their stamps. I finally decided i cant learn if i dont try. I watch a lot of you tube videos.

well I agree I have seen tons of cards out there that have lots of shading ..I do not see yours & think not much shading lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
I would love to try copics some day. I just cant afford that investment right now if ever.

I agree. I have copic pin board where I have lots of tuts, color combos..etc. I love them. They are expensive. but don't feel sorry for me...I have artist water color pencils from years ago. I also adore my Prismacolor colored pencils from years ago. There are tutorials out there to use my pencils. Color the image & then I use these 2 products on the images& then they look like copics. I think gamisol is one I forget the others

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to anda11

I have heard of using gamsol with coloured pencils before and that it helps with the blending.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
I don't feel like I can do that! andrea.
I try to do stamps and color it but it never comes out good

I am sorry that you feel that way hon
Do you have fun coloring the image??? then that is all that matters

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I hear that - I did buy a couple once and tried but it just was not something I really enjoyed.

You are so right Tammy. If you don't enjoy it...then I wouldn't do it.. But if I had fun while I was doing something then it is ok. This is our beloved hobby & if there is part of it you don't love or had fun then I would do something different. (there are hundreds of things we could do.:)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I was asked about the building on the lower left which looks like it had been burned and I should have explained it in my description but forgot.

It is the building directly next door to the museum - a very large building which was the party headquarters of the previous group that was ruling Egypt. The building was destroyed, as you can see in the photo.

that is sad

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
I have lots of stamps and I use to go to a class with a lady that dose stamp up and she had class on stamp and color it and I did it and came alright. but I think it because my hands are not steady.

I am love use my cameo I am use it a lot then my slice machine.

I am so sorry that your hands are not steady
That would probably frustrate me. I am so glad that you have you cameo. It does all the work for you.

I have been scrapping for yrs. One of my favorite things to do was paper piecing. I had to trace the image on the different colored papers. Then I cut each piece out. Then I put it back together. I also added color to it. I have lots of the pages in the gallery here. I loved every single step from tracing to fussy cutting to putting it together. but as I have gotten older.. ( I have been scrapping 17 years)
I have changed. I do not love doing it anymore. plus it always made my back & shoulders hurt in recent years. That is one of the reasons why I got my cameo. I never had a cricut..It was really too expensive to have all the carts to me then plus I could make my own we all change :)( whether by choice or not lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

gorgeous page what a beautiful buillding I am so glad that you have found your mojo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to christiscraps61

Linda, I love your album for your daughter! Such a lovely fun idea and so very special for her. You have done a beautiful job on it.

thank you very much

Tammy, so glad you are feeling better....can't keep a scrapbooker down for long

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
no worries - there are lots of people who know lots of stuff - I love that we all share

I agree

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
still at it. Can't do much else although i did make the sandwiches for lunch today so am starting to do small things.

2014, Scotland - Glasgow Cathedral - October 2 page sketch By Ladybing Tammy

This is perfect. I love everything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
still at it. Can't do much else although i did make the sandwiches for lunch today so am starting to do small things.

2014, Scotland - Glasgow Cathedral - October 2 page sketch By Ladybing Tammy

this is perfect I love everything oh boo that the only thing you can do is scrapping

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to anda11

Thank you ladies for all the encouragement on my coloring and card making. It is so nice to have others think you are doing a good job and see how hard you work. I never though I would ever be a stamper. after 11 years of this hobby I have learned to never say never.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

i finished 2 los in one day.

ice skating By Andrea M

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

I still have some posts left but not too many now. : )
I am so excited
I have been working on the snoopy page. when I went to print the image I was afraid it would be too small and it printed out the perfeect size. it is 1/2 the page snoopy is striped. I am using a hob lob boy stack. It has the perfect striped paper. I just found a matching paper to mat snoopy. it looks perfect
now I gotta go figure out how to cut fonts on my cameo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

can u guys stand more excitement??? lol
Dave had been looking online for tips to make my camera better. he just took one of my paper stack it looks perfect. no color change . I am so excited

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

You are full of excitement Linda and I'm so glad! Your camera works! Boy, is that good news. You will be able to photograph your layouts again.

I can't wait to see your snoopy layout and your punch layout!

I just have to get my picture developed tomorrow and glue it down and my punch layout is finished. Got one title page completely done today and another ready to chalk the edges and glue.

I think I am going to type up a funny Halloween story (not food related) but still, a good story and put it in the recipe book jut to have family stories through it. Truth is, I have so many Halloween papers and embellies that it will give me a chance to have fun with some of them.

Edited by Henri Jean on 10-27-14 04:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well I didn't scrapbook today. I work out little today. tomorrow is my mom b-day. Thursday I be bake cupcakes and make witches hats

Edited by southern lady on 10-27-14 04:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

CAN I JUST SAY HALLELUJAH ???????

Jane Gabriel McCarthy Donna's Oct Punch Fun challenge By Anda11

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to anda11

Yeah Linda - so happy the camera works better - Moose does that on the Canon website from time to time - just to ensure our cameras are on their best behaviour!

cupcakes hmmmm cupcakes!

I am still home today. I am gonna try to do some things today and see how I fare. Right now I am gonna go make some breakfast!

acu here on love. I might do some scrappiness today - real scrappy papers and everything

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello good morning

Yeah Linda - so happy the camera works better. nice layout.

well today is my mom b-day. I have a b-day gift but I Waite until I go and see her in Nov. well today feel little better and going to work out. I might do some scrapbook.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Danielle and Happy Birthday to your Momma!

I did the grandgirlies gingerbread recipe layouts this morning - same layout for both girls
2014 Christmas Recipe - Never Enough Gingerbread By Ladybing Tammy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

This is the Content page for Book 19 - the top two pictures are Pusan, South Korea, the bottom left and center are Cancun and the lower right is in Russia.

Book 18 Contents Page By Henri Jean

On this one the top left is Vietnam and Dalian China is under it - on the right side the top picture is the Great Wall of China, the infinitey pool on the 56th (I think) floor of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore and the lower right is Bill in Dalian China.

Book Nineteen Contents Page By Henri Jean

Top right is Bill's feet and legs - he went to "Dr Fish" (real name of the place) where he put his feet in a tub of fish which ate off the callouses and dead skin. Below that is Bill helping me shoot my new Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 for the first time

Below that is Bill in Borobudur, Indonesia with part of the police force. One the right side, the top is Bill at Borobudur (you have to wear the sarong because it is a holy place and we had beautiful skies that day - the umbrella was because it was so hot!) and below that is Joe's target after he shot a pistol for the first time (Bill's old Glock). Last week Bill passed the pistol to BIll because he bought a new Glock for himself.

Book Twenty Contents Page By Henri Jean

Luvien
Luvien 
Veteran
Luvien
In response to anda11

Oh, what a Beautiful LO! Love it.

Luvien
Luvien 
Veteran
Luvien

Love your Recipe page! so darn cute..and a great idea.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Luvien

thanks Debra!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Danielle and Happy Birthday to your Momma!

I did the grandgirlies gingerbread recipe layouts this morning - same layout for both girls

that is a nice layout

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

thanks Danielle!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

todays lo

merry Christmas. By Andrea M

Luvien
Luvien 
Veteran
Luvien
In response to andrea m

Pretty, pretty. Love the papers......seeing all these beautiful LO's reminds me I need to get busy making Thanksgiving cards...thanks for the inspiration..

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Luvien

Tammy and Andrea, wow!! Great and beautiful creations!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bonprof

Good morning friends. I am going to try to go to work today! Wish me luck. I figure I can always come home if I have to part way through the door but am feeling pretty good this morning.

Happy Hump Day!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

well so much for that idea - my body had other ideas - oh well - 1 more day at home is not going to kill me.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

so since I forgot to take a photo of the set I made of the Bingo cards, I made a quick leftover one up this morning, complete with a couple of the calling numbers I made up and some of the cover buttons. I will use them on a page once I get their Halloween photos sent over.

2014 Halloween Bingo Card Set By Ladybing Tammy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Take care of yourself today Tammy! If your body needs another day to rest then take it easy and don't overdo!

Bing Cherry Coca Cola Salad By Henri Jean

Southern Lemonade By Henri Jean

Between all of our lemon trees we have hundreds of baseball sized lemons on them. Enough to freeze the juice and keep us in lemons all next year!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

and here is the layout I made with bits and pieces of my Halloween stash - I really didn't have that much left so I really cleaned it out.

2014, Halloween By Ladybing Tammy

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

yes I hear you but things are backing up at work and a big whig is coming on Friday so I need to be in for that at least.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Then take it easy so you will be up to it.

I love the Halloween bingo games! You are so creative!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Tammy sorry you did not make it to work. hopefully one more day and you will be ready to go.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
so since I forgot to take a photo of the set I made of the Bingo cards, I made a quick leftover one up this morning, complete with a couple of the calling numbers I made up and some of the cover buttons. I will use them on a page once I get their Halloween photos sent over.

that is cute

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well today nothing much going to the gym today. I need to think of what to do with these cute turkey place card. I bought these cute little turkey but I am want to do something to them. I just don't know what. hmm maybe take a pic and see if anyone can help me with it.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

turkey place card By Southern Lady

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

How big is it? Looks to be dinner plate size or bigger - maybe making a nice door hanging and add it to cover the door inside.

If its small it might work on a card or scrapbook page.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

or string several together for a garland or banner

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

maybe I did say right. I am make these like place card or little decoration. I am just think can I do some else on the feathers. but thanks for the ideas

Luvien
Luvien 
Veteran
Luvien

Oh, too cute...I love it. very clever too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Luvien

Hello dear friends, I am back I am going to finish up all of the posts that I might have missed. Dave had to have a cataract from his eye yesterday. He had to go back today to take the big patch off & switch it for a smaller one. He wasn't supposed to do anything at all. the surgery went well.

he accidently started a real fire in the oven tonight but he got it out quickly thankfully Remember when he started a fire in the bathroom 6 mos ago?? I called him our little fire bug lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
I have heard of using gamsol with coloured pencils before and that it helps with the blending.

I did see some tutorials on you tube. they looked awesome

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Thank you ladies for all the encouragement on my coloring and card making. It is so nice to have others think you are doing a good job and see how hard you work. I never though I would ever be a stamper. after 11 years of this hobby I have learned to never say never.

You are quite welcome Andrea I think that lots of us are doing things we thought we wouldn't Isn't that funny?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
i finished 2 los in one day.

ice skating By Andrea M

That is great that you finished 2 pages in one day this page is adorable, love the sketch, the many pics, the cute papers & skates

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
You are full of excitement Linda and I'm so glad! Your camera works! Boy, is that good news. You will be able to photograph your layouts again.

I can't wait to see your snoopy layout and your punch layout!

I just have to get my picture developed tomorrow and glue it down and my punch layout is finished. Got one title page completely done today and another ready to chalk the edges and glue.

I think I am going to type up a funny Halloween story (not food related) but still, a good story and put it in the recipe book jut to have family stories through it. Truth is, I have so many Halloween papers and embellies that it will give me a chance to have fun with some of them.

Thanks hon, I appreciate it my old camera I had so many years.. I took many pics of my pages, cards, other stuff and I knew how to do it so I only ever needed to take one photo & it would always be right
I think your halloween stories will be great in the album Years ago I wrote halloween memories from my kids & my moms on a page to use later when I scrap those photos. my mom loved Halloween so did I

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well I didn't scrapbook today. I work out little today. tomorrow is my mom b-day. Thursday I be bake cupcakes and make witches hats

well Danielle, you keep doing something that I need to do desperately. You keep going to the gym I quit working out a couple months ago Kudos to you

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

Tammy, this is adorable. I love all the layers, the cute cute papers & gingerbread men. what a great idea to start a new tradition for your precious grandbabys

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
This is the Content page for Book 19 - the top two pictures are Pusan, South Korea, the bottom left and center are Cancun and the lower right is in Russia.

Book 18 Contents Page By Henri Jean

On this one the top left is Vietnam and Dalian China is under it - on the right side the top picture is the Great Wall of China, the infinitey pool on the 56th (I think) floor of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore and the lower right is Bill in Dalian China.

Book Nineteen Contents Page By Henri Jean

Top right is Bill's feet and legs - he went to "Dr Fish" (real name of the place) where he put his feet in a tub of fish which ate off the callouses and dead skin. Below that is Bill helping me shoot my new Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 for the first time

Below that is Bill in Borobudur, Indonesia with part of the police force. One the right side, the top is Bill at Borobudur (you have to wear the sarong because it is a holy place and we had beautiful skies that day - the umbrella was because it was so hot!) and below that is Joe's target after he shot a pistol for the first time (Bill's old Glock). Last week Bill passed the pistol to BIll because he bought a new Glock for himself.

Book Twenty Contents Page By Henri Jean

3 more amazing pages.. love the ones with you on the back of the motorcycle & you guys on the roller blades & surfing I agree with someone..you sure have a lot of fun when you travel I love t he funny pics of Bill
I thought Dr Fish would be worse but it is not
Love the target practice pics. We have the same tradition. Dave always gives his old guns to David.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
todays lo

merry Christmas. By Andrea M

This is a beautiful tree & page..love the papers, the glitter title, the 25 sticker

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Luvien

• Drob Said:
Pretty, pretty. Love the papers......seeing all these beautiful LO's reminds me I need to get busy making Thanksgiving cards...thanks for the inspiration..

Hi Debra Have fun making those thanksgiving cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Good morning friends. I am going to try to go to work today! Wish me luck. I figure I can always come home if I have to part way through the door but am feeling pretty good this morning.

Happy Hump Day!

I sure hope that you are not going back too soon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
well so much for that idea - my body had other ideas - oh well - 1 more day at home is not going to kill me.

That is great that you came back home

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Checking in - going to bed soon!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

This is amazing Tammy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Take care of yourself today Tammy! If your body needs another day to rest then take it easy and don't overdo!

Bing Cherry Coca Cola Salad By Henri Jean

Southern Lemonade By Henri Jean

Between all of our lemon trees we have hundreds of baseball sized lemons on them. Enough to freeze the juice and keep us in lemons all next year!

2 fabulous recipe pages you say you aren ot able to take good close up photos...the jello in front of your beautifully decorated pumpkin is perfect so is the lemonade

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Bill's passing his pistol to Joe was really monumental for us for several reasons Linda.

First, Joe had a major grand mal seizure disorder for 20 years and never could have handled a gun of any kind without strict supervision. He had brains surgery last January and is seizure free! He still takes meds but we are working to get him off of them, its a slow weaning process because he was on 12 pills a day. Now he is down to 8. They are ready to take him down some more now.

Since he surgery he has learned to drive a car and has a darling little Honda Del Sol. He has gotten a job at Sam's Club and gotten his forklift license! He has enrolled in school (couldn't do college before) and has mostly "A's" with a couple "B's" and is planning to transfer to the University of Florida - looks like that will work out for him. Bill has taken him shooting before and he is an excellent shot. However I never felt safe with him have a firearm in his house. Now we do.

Second reason it was a really big deal for Bill to pass his pistol to Joe is because Bill has a son of his own although they aren't close at all. Joe is my son - Bill's stepson so this really meant a lot to Joe and to me when he passed it to Joe. It is not possible for any father and son to be any closer than Joe and Bill are.

When I married Bill in 2009 Joe had to be near me because of his seizures but being in his 30's, he was too old to live in a bedroom in our house. He needed more privacy and so did we.

Bill had a 1,200 square foot house built on our property for Joe and it is beautiful. Bill also bought him a beautiful stainless refrigerator and dishwasher and other appliances, new washer and dryer and everything else to set up his home. Bill also bought a lot of used furniture for Joe to make his house really comfortable. Its wonderful!

Then when Joe had his brain surgery he had social security and Medicare but Bill filled out paperwork with the military to declare Joe as his legal dependent in their system so Joe has full dependents benefits like I do, including Tricare medical insurance.

The Medicare paid for 80% of his surgery and medical expenses and Tricare paid for the other 20%.

That is why Bill passing the pistol to Joe was so awesome - it showed the Bill totally accepts Joe as his own son!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Here's the motorcycle story - we were in Vietnam a few years ago and Bill really needed a haircut. We had done the tourist things and had time to find a barber before going back to the ship.

BIll stopped a guy on a motorcycle and asked where the nearest barber was. He told Bill to hop on the back of his motorcycle and he would take him to his barber - about 6 miles away.

Bill told him that he couldn't leave me on the corner so the guy motioned his friend over and I was told to jump on the back of his motorcycle!

We had quite an adventure in Vietnam on those motorcycles.

Bill also got in a lot of trouble. We both had cameras with us. I was on the motorcycle in front so Bill took about 50 pictures of me perched on the back of the motorcycle and I looked like a giant floursecent flowered toad in a pointed hat perched on that little seat. Just awful.

I told him not to Ever, Never, Ever, Under Any Circumstances - Ever to take picture of me from the back again. I had to delete about 50 of them if not more. At least this one wasn't from the back so it was okay.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
and here is the layout I made with bits and pieces of my Halloween stash - I really didn't have that much left so I really cleaned it out.

2014, Halloween By Ladybing Tammy

This is so cute Tammy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
yes I hear you but things are backing up at work and a big whig is coming on Friday so I need to be in for that at least.

so sorry that you are having to stress about that

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well today nothing much going to the gym today. I need to think of what to do with these cute turkey place card. I bought these cute little turkey but I am want to do something to them. I just don't know what. hmm maybe take a pic and see if anyone can help me with it.

we would be more than willing to try & help

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

well, you could draw lines around the feathers in marker or stickles I love stickles. You could also draw around the turkey body with them too
I do not know if you like stickles?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Checking in - going to bed soon!

nice to talk to you hon

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Haylee By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well clean house today not in a great mood today. husband made me in a bad mood last night. so I am not feel great today. I get really emotional and I hate it when I do.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

oh no Danielle - hugs

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

thanks tammy

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to mrsdriver5

witch hat cupcake By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

pumpkin cupcake By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

cupcakes By Southern Lady

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Witches Brew (Creamy Orange Punch) By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

happy Halloween everyone have a nice day

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Happy Halloween - I am craving cupcakes!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

pic of me By Southern Lady

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Great witch costume!

scrapperb2
Mayor
scrapperb2
In response to anda11

Hi Linda, headaches are so nagging. Glad it is not a migraine, they are the worst. Get better soon maybe a chat tomorrow.

Linda

scrapperb2
Mayor
scrapperb2
In response to anda11

Hello I just thought that you might understand that it is very hard to make a decision of what to keep and let go. I am an very sentimental person and hold dear to objects, etc. We also are in the process of "letting go" and I have little in the out box and to much in the save box. I grew up with very little and when we got something it was a keeper. Good Luck Linda

Linda

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• Henri Jean Said:
Great witch costume!

thanks

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hello dear friends , I have not been here because of a couple things, since Dave is still recovering from his eye surgery. he is not supposed to do anything. He has been very sick also for a few days. he was so bad that he wanted me to take him to the ER.. today one of his drs wasn't in...but thankfully one of his was so he saw him immediately. he is still feeling bad but not near as much.so he has wanted to watch a lot of tv . my son got home from his extended work trip in fla so he was here visiting too yesterday & tonight I have been so happy to see him ::)

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to anda11

Linda so nice to be able to see your son and glad Dave is feeling a little better.

Danielle - lovely witch costume hun!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Linda so nice to be able to see your son and glad Dave is feeling a little better

well had fun at the scrapbook store. took lots of pic. today husband has to work so I am going to work on a wreath and my turkeys . hope everyone had a nice Halloween

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good morning and happy day after Halloween.

Linda, I'm glad Dave is on the road to recovery and is feeling better. What a comforting thing to have your son there too now. Timing is great on that one!

I still have 2 more things to make for Halloween (yes I know) for the scrapbook and I want to do them while some of the Halloween stuff is out.

Want to do a layout of cute little cupcakes with frosted Vienna cookies in each cupcake for ghosts - just a cute decorating idea and I also want to bake a cake my kids loved when they were kids - a Flaming Eyed Ghost Cake. After you make the cake (shaped like a ghost) you light the eyes and they flame for a few seconds. Really amused and entertained my the kids every Halloween when they were little.

Then I can concentrate on Thanksgiving recipes.

If we Didn't travel or go on vacation for a while I could actually get this done by next Christmas.

My scrapping goal today is to get the 5 pages of Mykonos - may be a page or two more or less when I actually get into it but that is okay. If I focus I can complete it today.

Excited - I have Shutterfly books on my shelves for my scrapbooks 1-8. I was waiting for a 50% Shutterfly sale to order more. Yesterday they started the sale and I ordered my scrapbooks 9-24 which catches up the completed books!

They are about 80-90 pages each although 3 are over 100 pages! So nice to have them all on one shelf when it took 8 shelves before and I had completely run out of shelf space! They were starting to stack on the floor. Each book is 3/4" now instead of 3"! And I still have the paper copies of my favorite layouts in traditional albums.

The Shutterfly books are chronological but for the original layouts I kept - instead of chronological albums they have been arranged into themed albums. One for each granddaughter, one book of Christmas, one of Halloween, one of Easter and one of Thanksgiving, one of favorite layouts with animals, one of favorite layouts with flowers, one of my parents and siblings and one of Bills, Three so far of Hawaii layouts. But those aren't huge books - just my favorites in each book. The pages I like the best.

Books 25 and 26 are works in progress now. Book 25 just needs a title page and Book 26 just need Mykonos and Istanbul and title page completed and those two are ready to order and And both are current with being loaded into Shutterfly so when I finish them I will have them ordered the same day (if there is a sale at Shutterfly).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Rhodes, Greece 1 By Henri Jean

Rhodes, Greece 2 By Henri Jean

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Linda so sorry dave was feeling so bad. glad he is better now.

I plan to work on some cards later. I spent the morning taking down decorations and making breakfast. I still need to have a shower and get going with my day.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to andrea m

Hello everyone.

Linda, sorry to hear your hubby was ill. Will pray he continues to recover.

Henry, your travel layouts blow my mind!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Our travel plans blow my mind too. I love the travelling but I love to stay home too. I really wouldn't mind staying home a bit more.

Have a feeling we will be gone a lot the rest of the year and I really prefer staying home around the holidays.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

I would love to travel.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I love travelling but there is something very special about big family Thanksgiving dinners and holidays and I always like to spend the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas in my own home. After Christmas is over I'm ready to run again.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics