Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

well good morning

found out my husband boss want him at work on Wednesday. but he going to leave around 12 pm so then we head to Vegas and probably stay at my husband mom house then Thursday head to my parent house.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to southern lady

Good morning!

I wanted everyone a great weekend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

just checking in friends, My back didn't spasm yesterday & it was better but it it back to spasms again today. My sweet daughter offered to come over & wash my hair & dry it for me. She also offered to cook & bring thanksgiving to us : ) I am so lucky cause she is such a sweet helpful woman I really want to work on the pages but I do not know. For years when my back was bad..I put a box on the kitchen counter & put my sewing machine on it. It was ok to stand but not sit. I have sewn thousands of things standing lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Oh my goodness Linda - I can't operate a sewing machine sitting down - I know I'd never be able to operate one standing up! You are amazing!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Turkey By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I was able to work on pages today thankfully I had to sit in one place in my chair. only move to stuff around me. I thought if it takes me 8 hours to do one.. I will still be happy I had to change places often so I woulldn't get sore. walking, sitting, getting up & down & carrying a plate lol all of those things caused me to spasm. I was having a blast working on it. beleive it or not I got 11 new pages done.so i Have a total of 18.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

You have really been working hard Linda - that's a lot of pages! I don't know how you do it with your headaches and back - you are really accomplishing a lot!

Ephesus TItle Page By Henri Jean

Turkey Album - Ephesus 2 By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

linda- I don't know how you do it with your headaches and back - you are really accomplishing a lot.

well today work on my Christmas house today and then going to pick husband up from work.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

here is a Christmas house I did

christmas house By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

here is my other Christmas house

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Ephesus - Page 2 By Henri Jean

Ephesus - Page 3 By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

b-day card By Southern Lady

here a b-day card I made

Veteran

OOh! love the photos Henri!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to preraphaelitess

Happy to see everyone again. I know I have been MIA again. Morgan has started walking and was sick for a few weeks. Ok we were both sick for a few week. All better and back at normal life. I had one open house her for my business . it was a bust. Not one single person showed up. So we will see how this one goes Saturday. I have two more set up but if no one shows then I will not do them.

But off to do some house work. Since this is the first night Morgan has sleep in his room and bed in a very long long long time. I am going to try and get my work done to night.

Edited by Stephanie D on 11-26-14 12:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hi friends, well, yesterday & today i woke up with no back pain

It is very tight. I am going to try & not do anything that will make it spasm again I know being online too much hurts it so I still need to read your posts & look at your wonderful projects today
I am bad about being online too much

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well good morning

found out my husband boss want him at work on Wednesday. but he going to leave around 12 pm so then we head to Vegas and probably stay at my husband mom house then Thursday head to my parent house.

I hope you have a great time at your families houses

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Good morning!

I wanted everyone a great weekend!

I hope that you had a great weekend too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Oh my goodness Linda - I can't operate a sewing machine sitting down - I know I'd never be able to operate one standing up! You are amazing!

I have been dealing with back issues since the yr before my son was in kindergaten. at first I was only able to stand for 2 mins & then sit for 2 mins then go to bed for 2 mins or stay in the hospital bed. Iafter months I was able to stand better than sit. that was for yrs. I was a passionate crafter & sewer. That is why I sewed standing up for years. I always made 1000s of things for the PTO christmas shops..little stuffed dinos, bears, dogs other stuff.
It was great fun. I did have to do some in bed though by hand.
That is why I did it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

Henri, this is an amazing page with amazing pics I love the title

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
You have really been working hard Linda - that's a lot of pages! I don't know how you do it with your headaches and back - you are really accomplishing a lot!

Ephesus TItle Page By Henri Jean

Turkey Album - Ephesus 2 By Henri Jean

well the reason I can do lots us cause years ago I bought a very good back chair for my scraprooom. It actually makes my back feel better when sitting on it. It is one of my safe places usually. where my injury was means I usually can work on stuff while sitting on my back chair . all of my tools & stuff are within arms reach of working mostly. I can work without hurting it we are not going to talk about headaches anymore lol they are gone

These 2 pages are fabulous I love them both

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
hello and good morning

linda- I don't know how you do it with your headaches and back - you are really accomplishing a lot.

well today work on my Christmas house today and then going to pick husband up from work.

well Danielle, thankfully the headaches are gone
Years ago I bought a very good back chair for my scraproom. It actually makes my back feel better when I am in it I am able to work on stuff since my back thing usually lets me work on stuff. all of my stuff is right within arms reach from my table. mostly these pages are much easier because lots are stickers, I have no ribbon on most pages like my daughter's had. some I am using the same sentiment as hers too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
here is a Christmas house I did

\
This house is so adorable I love the papers, the light string, the snow, the letters

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

here is my other Christmas house

this is another adorable house I love the papers, the star, the santa, the lights

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

Henri, this page is beautiful. Your story is incredible as usual

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
b-day card By Southern Lady

here a b-day card I made

what a beautiful card

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
Happy to see everyone again. I know I have been MIA again. Morgan has started walking and was sick for a few weeks. Ok we were both sick for a few week. All better and back at normal life. I had one open house her for my business . it was a bust. Not one single person showed up. So we will see how this one goes Saturday. I have two more set up but if no one shows then I will not do them.

But off to do some house work. Since this is the first night Morgan has sleep in his room and bed in a very long long long time. I am going to try and get my work done to night.

Oh Stephanie, I am so glad you are back I am sorry that you guys were sick but I am glad that you are ok now
I am sorry your work t hing didn't pan out. I hope the next one does . I can't believe how big your precious Morgan has grown. He is adorable Thanks for sharing his pic

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to anda11

just popping in quickly to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I am going to a crop in the mountains Dec 5th. Its a weekend retreat. Im putting together power layouts, etc. Until then, just making cards.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bonprof

Happy Thanksgiving all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I am going to a crop in the mountains Dec 5th. Its a weekend retreat. Im putting together power layouts, etc. Until then, just making cards.

Oh Donna, that sounds like a blast You will get lots done with power layouts
You have a happy thanksgiving too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Tammy,

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just got my xmas box out so I am going to work on the card challenges that are due on the 30th after I get up I know what one is going to be.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to anda11

Happy late thanksgiving to everyone

Ok as you can see I have been on a no buy for a very long long time. Yesterday I was able to pick up 21 stamp set and a pack of boy paper off of freecycle. Some new stuff to play with. Maybe soon I an get Morgan book up to date.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Stephanie D

Congrats on your new freebies Sometimes we all have to go on a no buy for a bit
Maybe you will be able to get his book caught up soon Steph

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to work on the cards for the challenges by the new person who works here.
In searching christmas cards here..I found an amazing one just posted by Andrea. It had a pic of a row vintage kids mailing a letter to santa. so cute

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

It is sure fun to make christmas cards with christmas music

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have one card ready to adhere for the challenge

Veteran
In response to anda11

Christmas music does put one in the mood for cards. I've been watching "White Christmas" non stop while working on my Christmas snow globe scrapbook for a December challenge. Can't get enough of Bing's voice!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

You are so right... White Christmas is my fav xmas movie Every year when I was a kid, my mom & our neighbor & I always watched it together. It was a great xmas tradition my family listens to the oldies xmas music too. My daughter loves the ones we used to listed to with her Grandma & Grandpa used to listen too. I love it too. I was just listening to a list on you tube that has Bing, frank sinatra (my husband loves him too) love andy williams too.
Do you remember Small one? it was a Disney cartoon that came out when my hubby was a kid ? I never saw it cause I am 9 yrs younger. It was on the Disney channel when my kids were small. We recorded it & my hubby was so excited. It is one of my tear jerker favs. Ours got ruuined so my dh found one online maybe 15 yrs ago so I do have it.
I found it on you tube. I am going to send you a link with it be prepared to cry

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

My absolute favorite Christmas movie is Little Lord Fauntleroy with Ricky Schroeder when he was 5 or 6 years old. Oh my goodness - I love it!

Sweetest movie ever. Hard to find on DVD though - I got it online from a company called Santa Flix after looking for it on DVD for the past 4 or 5 years. I have it on VHS but no more VHS player.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• preraphaelitess Said:
Christmas music does put one in the mood for cards. I've been watching "White Christmas" non stop while working on my Christmas snow globe scrapbook for a December challenge. Can't get enough of Bing's voice!

I just sent you the link to small one from the 40s or 50s. I had to watch it. I cry every time I watch it
It is a you tube link so you can watch now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
My absolute favorite Christmas movie is Little Lord Fauntleroy with Ricky Schroeder when he was 5 or 6 years old. Oh my goodness - I love it!

Sweetest movie ever. Hard to find on DVD though - I got it online from a company called Santa Flix after looking for it on DVD for the past 4 or 5 years. I have it on VHS but no more VHS player.

I do not know this movie off to check you tube

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just found it on you tube Henri. I will send you the link.
I have found that over the years that most of my fav movies are on you tube. Christmas ones...reg ones. sometimes they are in parts. I just watched State Fair last week on you tube. I love the earlier one not the one with Pat Boone

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

I know of places that sell record players, cassette tape players...vhs players..all new. I have vhs mostly

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Here is my sizzix challenge card

Snowflake card for Celabrate the holidays with Sizzix challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I did a search for xmas gears.. I was trying to come up with a gear title & I did find a cool snowman out of gears. The only tim holtz die I have is gears. Now I know what i am doing for that challenge

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Let me know how you like Little Lord Fauntleroy. It is so heartwarming - just the sweetest movie ever to me.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I will watch it later & let you know

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Ephesus - Page 4 By Henri Jean

Ephesus - Page 5 By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

here is my card for the tim holtz & sizzix challenges

snowman tim holz christmas card challenge & holidays with Sizzix challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

here is my card for the sizzix & random acts challenges

Star christmas card for holidays with Sizzix & random acts of holiday challenges By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

another challenge card

Christmas card Making Memories Noel for random acts challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

these are both fabulous Henr :)i. amazing pics & touching story

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

whoohoo I got 2 more pages in my son's book done

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Awesome Linda!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

thanks hon.. I was on a roll. It was a snoopy hugging Charlie Brown It had a heart behind them. It said I love my family. It was big but it fit perfectly. there were 2 orange pages..the thing was dark peachy orange.
In angs bok I put you love your family & help take care of them . David does too so I wanted similar pages.

Edited by anda11 on 11-30-14 08:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

The next thing I need to do is figure where I want to put my stooges font. I only did one font so far. I added to my computer it worked perfectly because when you click on the A button your font file on the computer shows up. I did read someone in a tutorial say that they put the fonts in the cameo itself not the computer. Because if you put them on computer they take up a ton of space. I did find the font file on my cameo but I need to figure out how to add i to that. I also forget how to do it on my computer. (this is a new computer to me.) I had hundred of fonts on my old computer that I added I knew how to do them
This is so I can order a gift for david of playing cards with a photo on them . it is a good gift since he is a dealer.

Edited by anda11 on 11-30-14 08:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

when I did the last install font to my computer it had 3 boxes & I had to drag & drop too. I just read that I could right click the font & it had a place that said install & I clicked it. Then no other boxes came up & it was installed. I am going to fix that pic for David's photo gift now. I sure love my cameo

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Ephesus - Page 6 By Henri Jean

Ephesus - Page 7 By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hello guys, I have been sorting my favs here. I used to keep up with it but I haven't. I had over 2000 unfiled. I was trying to find the pages that go with one of my heritage paper sets. They were near the back. I also started sorted my heritage categories a couple months ago because it was stuffed full & you couldn't choose a layout to lift & I still have more to go .

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just realized that I never finished sorting my files in my cameo so I am almost done with that. I have such amazing ones. I forgot about a bunch of them

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

hello and I am back. now in Idaho home. get everything clean.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

so glad that you are back

I just searched the cameo store for poker..( I never saw it before) they had lots. one is a card with a circle cut out with the suits.it is so cute. My son has a birthday next month. I got the chips & suits. since they were having a great sale. I got a few things on my wishlist..:) the scallop heart shadow set with the straight edge too . I wanted the rainy day bear, I got a chevron love banner & a dino border. all were 50 cents :). He is going to love that card. I am going to use some of the love stuff for his book. (There is no ribbon.) The pages look bare a little.I can add hearts

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

thanksgiving By Southern Lady

thanksgiving By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

Two more beautiful pages. I love the arrangement on the 1st pg. I love where you put the journaling. I love the arrangement on pg 2 I love the statue

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

These are both wonderful. I love the papers, the title, the leaves & pumpkins

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to cut the font for my photo & order the playing cards right now.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to anda11

Clean Laundry By Bonprof

Have a blessed day everyone!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Clean Laundry By Bonprof

Have a blessed day everyone!!

Donna, this is so beautiful what a sweet kitty

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got the title cut & the glue is drying. Then I am going to actually order the playing cards.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

that nice you order the playing cards.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I do not know if he has ever seen photo playing cards but I am sure he will love it
I am glad to get that in all shopping is done.
they sure looked cute.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

I would like to see them when your done

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

me too

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Ephesus - Page 8 By Henri Jean

Ephesus - Page 9 By Henri Jean

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Hi everyone. I have had company and then i hurt my neck and shoulder some how. I have not been making anything. I still need to finish 3 los and several cards.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

for some reason when i got onto threads they have not been taking me where i left off.

I have been going back and trying to leave love on anything i might have missed. I am so sorry if i missed something or someone.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to andrea m

I have the same problem Henri.

Sorry ladies I have been MIA - I have just been so busy and it isn't going to get any better.

Tomorrow wrapping and finishing gift shopping to mail home to Canada. Then on Sunday we are heading to Edinburgh for the day to the Christmas Market and then I am flying to Norwich for a few days for work. Then on Thursday flying down to London so I can renew my Canadian Passport and check out some London Christmas Markets and then finish shopping for family here in the UK and heading down to Manchester for 4 days on Dec 24. Maybe hopefully just maybe I will get to check out the Christmas Market in Manchester. We will just go out for dinner I think on Hogmanay (that is New Year's Eve) and then to see the Penguins movie!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

Tammy sounds like some great plans.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

sharing.

moose By Andrea M

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

christmas card By Andrea M

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

Tammy sounds like some great plans

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Tammy - you have some awesome plans in a part of the world I fell in love with! Scotland and England - I could very happily live in either one.

Your holidays sound wonderful - have fun and stay safe!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to andrea m

I'll be working on Christmas gift wrapping and mailing and then making some Christmas market memories and preparing for my business trip.

Also I will be catching up on layouts IF I have time for this year although not planning on taking my computer with me when I go away so we'll see what happens.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Going to miss you while you are gone - love your posts!

We booked the world cruise again - Bill booked it yesterday. Will have my computer but can only check in for a few minutes in ports so limit my posts to Facebook.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hi guys, just doing a quick check in. I have been cleaning out my computer..guess what I found? The tear bear disney family that I had been searching for. I didn't remember I had it saved. But I found the site too. She did it in 2011. I am just glad to have it & since I have the cut files now. That is good

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to anda11

Henri when are you leaving - any ports close to me

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

husband b-day card By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

christmas card By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

christmas box By Southern Lady

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We are going to Cancun on December 16th and come home on December 24th. Home for almost 2 weeks.

The world cruise leaves January 5th so we will leave a few days early to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

Can't believe we are doing it again!

I think the closest we will be to you Tammy is Civitavecchia (Rome). I'll get the entire schedule to you, Bill has a copy but I don't. I guess I'd better get one.

I'm still finishing scrapbook pages on cruises from 2013 and we spent nearly 7 months of 2014 on cruises or vacationing so far. Don't know when I will catch up!

When we get back my priority has to be the cookbook for my mom. I have about 10 pages done and about 70 to do! I want to give it to her next Christmas but the time consuming part is not the scrapbook pages - its making the recipes and then photographing them so they look presentable.

Bill is a very picky eater and Joe doesn't eat sugar, butter, dairy, red meat or pork, - just healthy stuff so I'm the only one around to eat all the stuff I'm making to test to make sure the recipes are correct and then to photograph.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

yes let me know your itinerary - I am going to renew my passport on 12th of December so one never knows!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh Tammy - I would love it if we could meet up somewhere again!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Ephesus - Page 11 By Henri Jean

Ephesus - Page 12 By Henri Jean

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so jealous sigh...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Well I'm jealous too Tammy - I have to go on vacations to see Scotland and England and all the beautiful places in Europe!

You live right there and its assessable to you without going half-way around the world.

You take weekend trips around Scotland that would be major vacations for us!

I'm pretty jealous here too! You live in what I would call my favorite place of the world. I get it for a day here and there. You get to live in it!

So I get to be jealous!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Tammy, enjoy your trip! And work, and trip to Christmas markets.

Henri Sounds like you will have a busy year!! Again!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Sewflake

Special Time By Bonprof

Just got back from a crop/retreat...hope everyone is doing well.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

These two are fabulous pages with incredible pics

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Hi everyone. I have had company and then i hurt my neck and shoulder some how. I have not been making anything. I still need to finish 3 los and several cards.

Oh Hon, I am so sorry that you hurt yourself.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics