Page 4 of 71 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey everyone, I am just checking in. We went into contract yesterday so we spent the day in this small town house hunting about 20 miles from here. We both totally loved every bit of it. It is next to farmland but it has really lovely neighborhoods & streets. All of the homes were all different. We both felt like home there. It actually looks like the small town that was here where I live now. Farms were across the street & all over. Over the yrs every single farm was turned into subdivisions & businesses. Which I did n't really like. There is no open space land in my area anymore. I didn't expect to fall in love with it. That makes me feel good. Now I will be sad if we can't find something.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Congrats on the closing Linda!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will find something you love in that neighborhood (but I have a good feeling you will!)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

Thanks Kim. I hope we do. I haven't been able to work on anything scrappy yet. I wanted to keep this thread up.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Anybody working on anything? I came out here to work on a page. I am going to work on the page that is sitting here about syryp. I need to scrap a bit.

Resident
In response to anda11

Going to try to finish an Easter layout and also a Cat in the Hat layout this week. Finally found paper that I have been looking for...Yay! That's my goal! If I get that finished I am going to start more of my DD's 8th grade layouts.

I have been so busy lately I have only been able to scrap a little bit here and there which drives me crazy. I like to have chunks of time where I do not have to worry about anything other than scrapping for a few hours at a time.

Have a great week everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to stvmom2

• stvmom2 Said:
Going to try to finish an Easter layout and also a Cat in the Hat layout this week. Finally found paper that I have been looking for...Yay! That's my goal! If I get that finished I am going to start more of my DD's 8th grade layouts.

I have been so busy lately I have only been able to scrap a little bit here and there which drives me crazy. I like to have chunks of time where I do not have to worry about anything other than scrapping for a few hours at a time.

Have a great week everyone!

I love cat in the hat! I had a book club when I was a kid & they sent Dr Suess books often. I have to make a page about it too.
I do hope that you get your easter page done too. I sure hope that you will be able to have more chunks of time soon so you can scrap more at once. I think everyone here is busy. We are too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I figured which papers & I am punching some borders. I love those Martha bordera.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I had two pages that I began a month ago before we took a short vacation. Then it's been too hot to work on scrapping—I didn't want my sweaty paws all over the pretty papers/embellies. It's finally cooled off again so I began working on these 2 LOs last night. It's hard because I'm pretty much a 2-pager, but the pages I need to do are the right sides to match 2 lefties. After a month it's hard to remember exactly what I used & what I had planned to do. I finally got one page done last night. Either tonight or tomorrow I'll work on the 2nd LO and hopefully get it done.

Do you all have the same problem I do? I get all enthused over a project, but towards the end of it I just want it finished so I can move on to something more exciting. Of course the current project was originally exciting, but by the end I tend to lose interest.

Linda~I hope you're able to find exactly what you're looking for in the little town you found. It would make moving so much easier if you could really look forward to the next place you'll live...and hopefully it will have the perfect place for you to do your scrapping!~Judy (I'm anxious to see your syrup LO )

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to mrsdriver5

No scrapbooking for me last weekend, but a lot of scrapbook shopping. Twice a year we have a huge scrapbook and card fair not too far from where I live. I bought a couple of new punches, lots of card stock, masks and stamps. But I need to work on two projects that both have to be finished by the end of next month.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to elsje2

HMMM Mrsdrivers i find myself having the same problem!!! AND dont forget I also lack a attn to detail I will crank out sheet after sheet or even a special (like baptism of my son cody) layout and just do the basics ot it no detail!!!
I am waiting for some money to come in this sept then i will make my first ever on line purchase here at scrapbook.com and get many things i have been needing for years!!!
with that haul I will make:
1. A Holiday Book
2. Halloween mini album
3. Zoo lay out

That is all for now!! My kids just experienced their first day of school today!!! wish them lots of luck,
Mindy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mindygail

Saturday morning I finished a page for a swap (it is awesome! I hope!) and did the two pages for my husband's trip to Atlanta from back in April. STILL need to do four more pages from our trip to Chicago in June. Had a baseball game this weekend that needs a few pages done, but I'm considering waiting on that; I've had four two-page baseball layouts already this year, plus a single page for a rainout, and we might go to a few minor league playoff games and THE BASEBALL, HOW CAN I SCRAP IT SO MANY TIMES AND HAVE IT ALWAYS LOOK DIFFERENT. Also realized I have a few pages to do to add to the Christmas decorations album, since I spent some time on eBay this summer buying Hallmark ornaments of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Wanting desperately to place an order here at sb.com, might do it tonight when I get home since my cart is showing a "buy three sheets of PP, get the fourth free" discount, which, given all the paper in my cart, may be a better deal than the "10% off 'Brand New' items" discount I've been watching for.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to aquabunny

WOW aqua B that is alot to do!!! I have a literal TON OF TIME to do scrapbooking See I am a sahm of two sweet kiddos!!! that is correct NO JOB for me YET!!!! Too bad I am LOW on supplies. I do however plan on getting some things in sept here!!!
Good luck with your upcoming Projects!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mindygail

I work outside the home full-time, but I don't have kids, so I still get plenty of time to scrapbook and engage in other hobbies.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
My kids just experienced their first day of school today!!! Mindy

Sounds like you have another page or two that will be ready to scrap :>) Hope you got pictures of their first day back to school.

My kids knew to get into picture-mode that first morning—year after year. Then when my oldest granddaughter went to college, she had friends take a 1st day picture of her so she could send it to me lol ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so happy to keep working on this cute page. the embellies are so cute. I just got back from my sons. I was dreaming about it. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I didn't get far on my page. I sure hope to finish it today. I know I haven't read your posts still. Dave got some new patches today from his back dr. They are the ones t hey use on cancer patients.
He can hardly walk. They had to get him in a wheel chair. I am so glad. His pain pills have not been working for some time.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Hope the patches help his back. Back problems are no fun! Also hope you get to work on your syrup page today. I'm anxious to see it :>)~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hi Judy, I am planning on it. I was having such fun the other day with it. Good to talk to you.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to anda11

I finally finished the Heidi Swapp file folders I've been working on forever for my DGD. There is photos in my gallery. It looks really cool. Kind of out there and lots of places for photos.

I have back trouble too, it's no fun. I'm getting ready for a trip and I have an interferential pain unit I wear on plane. I've spent the evening looking for the written script for it so can take on plane. I haven't found it! I keep it put up because i know i have to have it to take on plane. I'm one of those anally organized people. If things aren't where they are supposed to be, I'm kinda lost as to where they are. I've searched everywhere though. DH said maybe in my office at work.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good friday morning everyone! I wonder what all of you are going to be doing this weekend? I hope to work on my page that is almost done. It has been very busy here so I will be so glad to finish this page.
What are you dear dear friends doing???

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to anda11

Linda,

Not much scrapping going on here this weekend. My college roommie and her son are coming to visit and we are going to a county fair. So tonight will be grocery shopping and cleaning, tomorrow morning will be finishing the cleaning and then kicking back and enjoying the long weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pugs223

OH well you will have lots of fun with her! Enjoy yourself!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

ALMOST DONE with Chicago, just need to print the journaling and assemble the final page. Then I won't have anything pending till next time I print photos. Which will kind of be a relief, since I've had this Chicago stuff sitting around for two months.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
ALMOST DONE with Chicago, just need to print the journaling and assemble the final page. Then I won't have anything pending till next time I print photos. Which will kind of be a relief, since I've had this Chicago stuff sitting around for two months.

Congrats on being done with Chicago. YEAH I bet you are glad to be done with it.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to anda11

First going to the skip tomorrow to clear my garden. Next I am working on two projects that have to be finished by the end of September. Two mini books for friends who have celebrated their 150th visit to a Hard Rock Cafe. And maybe if I am lucky I can finish another page from my Asia album. Wish you all a scrappy weekend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
I finally finished the Heidi Swapp file folders I've been working on forever for my DGD. There is photos in my gallery. It looks really cool. Kind of out there and lots of places for photos.

I have back trouble too, it's no fun. I'm getting ready for a trip and I have an interferential pain unit I wear on plane. I've spent the evening looking for the written script for it so can take on plane. I haven't found it! I keep it put up because i know i have to have it to take on plane. I'm one of those anally organized people. If things aren't where they are supposed to be, I'm kinda lost as to where they are. I've searched everywhere though. DH said maybe in my office at work.

I am so glad you finished the folders. YEAH I am sorry to hear about your back. I have a couple back injuries myself. I hate to say but it appears to be very common. Doesn't it?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I had two pages that I began a month ago before we took a short vacation. Then it's been too hot to work on scrapping—I didn't want my sweaty paws all over the pretty papers/embellies. It's finally cooled off again so I began working on these 2 LOs last night. It's hard because I'm pretty much a 2-pager, but the pages I need to do are the right sides to match 2 lefties. After a month it's hard to remember exactly what I used & what I had planned to do. I finally got one page done last night. Either tonight or tomorrow I'll work on the 2nd LO and hopefully get it done.

Do you all have the same problem I do? I get all enthused over a project, but towards the end of it I just want it finished so I can move on to something more exciting. Of course the current project was originally exciting, but by the end I tend to lose interest.

Linda~I hope you're able to find exactly what you're looking for in the little town you found. It would make moving so much easier if you could really look forward to the next place you'll live...and hopefully it will have the perfect place for you to do your scrapping!~Judy (I'm anxious to see your syrup LO )

Yes I do that too. I am always thinking about the excitement of a new project or what's next? I hope that you have gotten some of it done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to elsje2

• elsje2 Said:
No scrapbooking for me last weekend, but a lot of scrapbook shopping. Twice a year we have a huge scrapbook and card fair not too far from where I live. I bought a couple of new punches, lots of card stock, masks and stamps. But I need to work on two projects that both have to be finished by the end of next month.

Enjoy your new goodies

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
HMMM Mrsdrivers i find myself having the same problem!!! AND dont forget I also lack a attn to detail I will crank out sheet after sheet or even a special (like baptism of my son cody) layout and just do the basics ot it no detail!!!
I am waiting for some money to come in this sept then i will make my first ever on line purchase here at scrapbook.com and get many things i have been needing for years!!!
with that haul I will make:
1. A Holiday Book
2. Halloween mini album
3. Zoo lay out

That is all for now!! My kids just experienced their first day of school today!!! wish them lots of luck,
Mindy

HOW EXCITING to order your first order here.

Those projects sound like fun.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Saturday morning I finished a page for a swap (it is awesome! I hope!) and did the two pages for my husband's trip to Atlanta from back in April. STILL need to do four more pages from our trip to Chicago in June. Had a baseball game this weekend that needs a few pages done, but I'm considering waiting on that; I've had four two-page baseball layouts already this year, plus a single page for a rainout, and we might go to a few minor league playoff games and THE BASEBALL, HOW CAN I SCRAP IT SO MANY TIMES AND HAVE IT ALWAYS LOOK DIFFERENT. Also realized I have a few pages to do to add to the Christmas decorations album, since I spent some time on eBay this summer buying Hallmark ornaments of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Wanting desperately to place an order here at sb.com, might do it tonight when I get home since my cart is showing a "buy three sheets of PP, get the fourth free" discount, which, given all the paper in my cart, may be a better deal than the "10% off 'Brand New' items" discount I've been watching for.

That is a lot of baseball pages. I hope you get some goodies from here too. Goodies in the mail is wonderful

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • mindygail Said:
My kids just experienced their first day of school today!!! Mindy

Sounds like you have another page or two that will be ready to scrap :>) Hope you got pictures of their first day back to school.

My kids knew to get into picture-mode that first morning—year after year. Then when my oldest granddaughter went to college, she had friends take a 1st day picture of her so she could send it to me lol ~Judy

I did that & my mom did that to me.:)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Hope the patches help his back. Back problems are no fun! Also hope you get to work on your syrup page today. I'm anxious to see it :>)~Judy

The patches did not work. Then he got 4 different things that didn't help either.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:
I like the top Thanks. I also don't know why...just looks nice to me, but they're all good. I'm going to remember your three-language one, then on the inside or back, I'll add, "In any language...you're the best!" or something like that. Now I have to have a party so I can make thank-you cards :>)

Thanks! That was the first one I grabbed when making the draft version.

I love your idea using the 3 language one!

Here's a hint - save yourself some work and forget the party. Just send a "thank you for being my friend/mentor/hair dresser/nemesis/etc" to satisfy your TY card urges

Oh Kim, I never realized how funny you are. lol

Thank you thank you I'm here all week

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
My mom is visiting this weekend, and I've gotten 8 of my 12 pages done from my trip to Chicago from back in June. After those four more are done, just three more pages and I'll be caught up... until next weekend's work outing!

I hope you enjoy your time with your mom.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

I finally finished my pumpkin minibook!!!!

Here's a couple pics,,,,,more on my blog!

Pumpkin Minibook - cover By CommaHolly

Pumpkin Mini book-inside By CommaHolly

Pumpkin Mini-inside By CommaHolly

and I started a new mini book I hope to finish this weekend,,,,,,We have a friend who's mother is becoming an American Citizen on the 7th of Sept,,,,,,so I'm making a patriotic themed mini for her Larger than this though LOL.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
I finally finished my pumpkin minibook!!!!

Here's a couple pics,,,,,more on my blog!

Pumpkin Minibook - cover By CommaHolly

Pumpkin Mini book-inside By CommaHolly

Pumpkin Mini-inside By CommaHolly

and I started a new mini book I hope to finish this weekend,,,,,,We have a friend who's mother is becoming an American Citizen on the 7th of Sept,,,,,,so I'm making a patriotic themed mini for her Larger than this though LOL.

Oh Holly that is fabulous. You outdid yourself. I left you some love

Edited by anda11 on 08-31-12 12:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:

I left you some love. they were all so cute

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Oh boy, I pity anyone with back problems,,,,I have six herneated discs and I haven't felt my right foot, back of leg, or butt cheek for almost 2 years. ugh Hugs,,,,,,,it's miserable.

I take Cymbalta which really helps, but still,,,,mornings are the worst for me, and just getting MOVING in the AM stinks. I feel your pain,,,,literally.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

thanks for the love, Linda!!!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to elsje2

• elsje2 Said:
First going to the skip tomorrow to clear my garden. Next I am working on two projects that have to be finished by the end of September. Two mini books for friends who have celebrated their 150th visit to a Hard Rock Cafe. And maybe if I am lucky I can finish another page from my Asia album. Wish you all a scrappy weekend!

that is a lot of times!! They will love those minis.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Morning everyone! I hope you are all having a fabulous day today! I am seeing how I like where I am putting the letters. I am still not sure. lol The bad thing about this page is I bought a lot of cute embellies & because of the title being so long, there is not as much room for them. boo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Oh boy, I pity anyone with back problems,,,,I have six herneated discs and I haven't felt my right foot, back of leg, or butt cheek for almost 2 years. ugh Hugs,,,,,,,it's miserable.

I take Cymbalta which really helps, but still,,,,mornings are the worst for me, and just getting MOVING in the AM stinks. I feel your pain,,,,literally.

OHHHHHHH Holly, I am so sorry to hear about your 6 discs. (((((((HUGS HON)))))) I have 3 back issues & one is an L5 issue but it is only 1 not 6. I know how much pain & I had with 1, there is no way I can imagine 6. I totally understand no feeling in your leg & butt. I am sorry. Thank goodness for your scrapping & card making to try to keep your mind off it.
Dave had a back issue but he got hurt at work & has another. It has gotten terrible. The dr said his spine is twisted. They are going to do surgery right away. THat is why I was talking about it.
No back pain is fun whether it is minor or major. or severe like yours Holly. I am sorry that you have to go through all the pain daily. ((((((HUGS)))))

Edited by anda11 on 09-01-12 03:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I love the title our little boo. Dave gave my dd a nickname as a baby. it is boo bear. I am going to use that when I do some pages.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-01-12 04:28 PM
In response to anda11

Hi everyone I've been busy this weekend scrapping- FINALLY! Feels like it's been forever since I've had time to sit down and work on a project.

I did 5 pages on my wedding album. I haven't taken pics of them yet, except for one which I'll post. I have Monday off and I took Tuesday as well, so I'm hoping to get a lot more done.

Later after hubby goes to bed I'm going to try to catch up on everything here, but for now I have to get ready to go to the movies. Have a great evening everyone!!

Bride By Jarvae

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Hi everyone I've been busy this weekend scrapping- FINALLY! Feels like it's been forever since I've had time to sit down and work on a project.

I did 5 pages on my wedding album. I haven't taken pics of them yet, except for one which I'll post. I have Monday off and I took Tuesday as well, so I'm hoping to get a lot more done.

Later after hubby goes to bed I'm going to try to catch up on everything here, but for now I have to get ready to go to the movies. Have a great evening everyone!!

Bride By Jarvae

OH glad you are able t o scrap again. :)I can't wait to see the rest of your pages. The one you posted is perfection. You look stunning. I love the doily, trim, flower arrangement, swirly crystals & paper. It really is a perfect paper for you. :)I left some love for you.

Edited by anda11 on 09-01-12 06:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back now. My page is calling me. I spent the day house hunting & helping my babe do whatever he needed.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good morning my dear friends,
I still am testing the abcs. I did look some more at homes too. I am also thinking of my next page too. lol

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-02-12 08:49 AM
In response to anda11

Thanks for the love Linda!

I was wondering how everything was going with the house hunting. I meant to go through and catch up last night after my movie but it went until 1 am and I was sleepy after a few cocktails. I love iPic theaters. So how is it going? I'll still go back and read but are you narrowing the choices down much?

My hubby and I sold our house last year and got a 1 bedroom apartment. The plan was to be able to move easier because he wanted to find a job at a different firm out of state. Well, he found that job, but then his current shop made him a counteroffer to stay. So now he's a VP, and now he wants to buy a house again. We've been looking at homes online but it's so overwhelming and I can't even keep them straight. I hope you're having a better go of it than I am!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

How is everyone enjoying the weekend? I actually scrapped a page this morning

Linda-Hows the syrup page coming along?!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello everyone, I am not going to look at listings today. my brain is fried from doing it. :)lol
I figured the abcs. I also just added all the embellies. I am going to look at it a bit before I adhere everything. I also need to journal.:)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for taking a break, Linda!!! I'm about finished with my mini for my brand new American friend,,,,,,but it needs bling, and the bling I WANT is at HL,,,,,and I do believe they are closed today. Oh well, I have a card that HAS TO be finished today. might as well work on that.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

OHHHHHHH Holly, I am so sorry to hear about your 6 discs. (((((((HUGS HON)))))) I have 3 back issues & one is an L5 issue but it is only 1 not 6. I know how much pain & I had with 1, there is no way I can imagine 6. I totally understand no feeling in your leg & butt. I am sorry. Thank goodness for your scrapping & card making to try to keep your mind off it.
Dave had a back issue but he got hurt at work & has another. It has gotten terrible. The dr said his spine is twisted. They are going to do surgery right away. THat is why I was talking about it.
No back pain is fun whether it is minor or major. or severe like yours Holly. I am sorry that you have to go through all the pain daily. ((((((HUGS)))))

oh poor Dave!!!!!! I'll say a prayer that the surgery helps him quickly!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just finished the journaling. yeah once I adhere, the syrup page will be done.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-03-12 03:43 PM
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I also need to journal.:)

Awesome that the page is almost done! YAY!! Can't wait to see it.

I didn't get to do any wedding pages yesterday, and today I started looking and realized that I need to reprint a lot of the pics much smaller (and costco is closed today, so I can't do that) but I also realized I have been forgetting to journal. And the pages I've already done don't really have room for any journaling. So I need to figure out how to work it into other pages and then remember to keep on that.

I might just write "JOURNALING" on a bunch of index cards and put them as placeholders on each "page" where I've already decided which pics will go. Something to at least remind myself.

Good idea to take a break from the listings. All the houses start to blur together after a while. I've been taking a break too, tho the hubs is still at it.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

Oh wow---Linda and Holly---sooo sorry you're going through all that!! Hope you're able to get the pain under control....thats gotta bite.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Jarvae--for the pages you've already done without journaling, you could slide a tag into the page protector (in between your pages) that sticks out just a bit on top--maybe with a piece of ribbon or fiber or something.

If your pages are 12x12, make the tag 12" high with a "pull" on top. If your pages are smaller than that, you can make the tag just high enough to be seen over the top of the page.

Just a thought in case there was anything you might want to go back and record.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

On house hunting--I bought a cheap Polaroid camera ($15 at the drugstore) and took that and a notebook to each place we looked at. If we were even REMOTELY interested in it, I'd snap a pic or 2 and tape them into the book and make notes about what we liked/disliked, agent and price info etc.

Made the blur a little clearer when we sat down later that day (or week!) to review.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-03-12 04:44 PM
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Jarvae--for the pages you've already done without journaling, you could slide a tag into the page protector (in between your pages) that sticks out just a bit on top--maybe with a piece of ribbon or fiber or something.

If your pages are 12x12, make the tag 12" high with a "pull" on top. If your pages are smaller than that, you can make the tag just high enough to be seen over the top of the page.

Just a thought in case there was anything you might want to go back and record.

Thanks Kim! That's a fantastic idea! I am going to go ahead and do that now before I forget, and then hopefully I won't have to go back and do that on too many pages. But at least I'm safe knowing there's a way to go back if I need to. Thanks so much!

This is one of those "why didn't I think of that??" moments.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 11:18 AM
In response to Vae

Well last night I spent hours TRYING to journal without getting any actual journaling done. First I was looking at fonts because I think I want most of the journaling to be a consistent font, so I wanted to take the time to pick the right one.

Then I spent hours trying to figure out how to print my journaling on cardstock and then cut it into a pretty shape on my cricut. I still haven't figured it out. I wanted more than just plain rectangular shaped journaling blocks but I might just have to settle for that.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Vae

did you try using the centering button???

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 02:54 PM

Yep, I've done all kinds of things. Unfortunately my Cricut doesn't cut in the center so no matter how I try it, it's still off. Of course, I'm trying to make something a bit more complicated. I might just go back to basics just to get it done.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I had a bunch of directions typed out, then thought...oh yeah, that takes SCAL. If you happen to have it, let me know. If not, sorry...I'm no help. Have you tried asking on the Cricut thread? I know how frustrating it is to spend hours on a project, but not be able to do what you have in mind. ~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 05:44 PM

Nope, I don't have SCAL. I could buy it though if that would save me some trouble but I can't find where to purchase it for the cricut. Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

No, unfortunately SCAL is not available anymore because of a lawsuit with ProvoCraft. Those who already had purchased it can keep using it as long as they don't hit the upgrade button...then it no longer works for the Expression. I've read some people who say they could get it on ebay, but you want to be careful and make sure you get a "real" license number for the CD program since it has to be registered to be used.

It can still be registered by owners...like if my 'puter crashed and I had to reinstall my program.

Bummer...I've never used my cricut cartridges, so I'm no help with using what they have on them. Do you have a cuttlebug or something that you could use spellbinders/nesties on to cut out some nice frames around your journaling? There are some gorgeous ones. They're usually on sale at J's and the superstore has a great selection for good prices.~Judy

(Cuttlebug will take things up to 6" wide, but there are other machines that take the bigger ones. Cuttlebug has extension pads, so it will take up to 13", I think it is, in length.—I could bend down and get mine off the floor and measure them, but that would be exercise )

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

it would likely cost so much that you might as well buy another machine even IF you could find it today anyhow,,,,,

this is one of the reasons I absolutely LOVE nesties,,,,,so easy to center and cut. I know they are expensive though, especially if you get addicted like I do

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-04-12 08:25 PM

I wish I did, but unfortunately, no Cuttlebug for me. Hubby has politely requested that I not purchase any additional scrapbooking machines/tools that take up space until we are back in a house. I have kind of overtaken our tiny one-bedroom apartment. He's been quite patient about it, but he has his limits.

I think I'm going to try taping the cutouts to a regular piece of paper and running it through the printer. But for tonight I settled for plain ol' square ones. I actually kind of like the way this layout turned out considering the way this weekend has been.

I took an extra day off work so that I'd have 5 days straight to scrapbook. I thought I would get so much done, but it's been one thing after another from having to reprint multiple times at Costco (and they were closed yesterday, so I had to wait until today) and all kinds of other issues. But tonight at about 9 I told myself I would do at least ONE page today. And I just finished it. It is extremely simple, but a page is a page, right? It's going to be a double page LO so it should be easy to finish the 2nd page tomorrow after I pick up even more reprints. I've placed 7 orders since last Friday.

Anyway, my snuggly kitty is telling me that it's bedtime, so I suppose it's quitting time for now.
Thanks for the help, and goodnight!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-05-12 08:04 PM
In response to Vae

Okay, now I've been looking at Spellbinders shapabilities and am convinced that I cannot live without one or two of them. Which machine do I have to get in order to use those? I get them all so confused...

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Vae

I am hopping to get back to work by Sunday. I been putting off working on anything for a few weeks. i got to get the house in order and then back to work. Plus I just got a new smart phone no not a Iphone. I am pretty much cant stand anything I.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-05-12 08:24 PM
In response to Stephanie D

I'm with you on that one. I have to carry an iPhone for work but I dislike it enough to carry a second phone for personal use which is an android. I don't have an ipod, ipad, or ianything else.

Good luck getting back on track. I know how it can be sometimes

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Vae

I really thought I was the last hold out on I products. It really feels that way sometimes.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Okay, now I've been looking at Spellbinders shapabilities and am convinced that I cannot live without one or two of them. Which machine do I have to get in order to use those? I get them all so confused...

For non-computer die cutting machines, I have the cuttlebug and the creatopia (which I think I'm the only one who ever bought one of those). The bug takes things up to 6" wide. Creatopia goes to 12" width. I like the bug because it can be found for just over $50 (amazon) and it doesn't take much room when it's stored(11" wide x 4½" deep x 8½ high). It's big enough to cut most labels & shapes. You will need to buy Adapter Mat C (around $10-11) to use thin dies like spellbinders.

There are also 13" long extension mats so you can cut/emboss longer papers, but you'll need A, B, & C plates, so the cost does add up...but I've yet to use my extension plates. They're not something you need right away, if ever :>)

There are other die cut machines that everyone loves, but I don't have them, so I'll let those who know something about them tell you about them.

Oh, and my creatopia (by xyron) is nice because it die cuts/embosses/laminates/a pplies adhesive—just like the smaller xyrons...and it's purple :>) It also has cutting blades to make multiple strip cuts. ~Judy

Warning: Dies and embossing folders are addictive and they multiply when you're not looking, but they don't take much room :>)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hello everyone, I have been quite busy. Dave needs around the clock care & my 2 kids are helping. The dr wanted to put him in the hospital for pain management but he cannot. His back surgeon won't see him until he gets his aneyrsym done & a stress test so he put in a urgent call to his cardiologist to get started. The back is workmans comp so he can't go in the hospital & they work together. As soon as he can do the surgery, they will (2 weeks,1 week, 4) He did get some morphine that has been helping today.
I am now house hunting alone. (boo) Dave does not care what I get. He trusts me.
The lovely town did not have anymore homes for sale. Our solution is get in their school district & get as close as we can. Then someday when we find a wonderful home (like we saw last month but was gone)then we will buy & resell again.
this had made the search much easier. I just sent my realtor a bunch to look at. I have to do that right away cause we are in contract. luckily we had great buyers who said we ca have 30 days past closing & if we need longer, it is ok. He saw Dave & his pain. We feel so lucky to have them.
I hope you are all ok.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

Oh Linda....I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs. I hope these doctors get on the same page ASAP and get that poor man what he needs. I can't imagine having to live with that kind of pain. Glad hat you have your children to help. Good luck with that situation and with your house hunting. You certainly have a plate full.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:

Which machine you get is largely a matter of personal preference because you can use Spellbinders dies in all of them (the creatopia, the grand calibur, the cuttlebug and the big shot).

The creatopia can take dies up to 12" wide, but I'm not sure how thick a die it can take....Judy?!

The grand caliber can take all of the spellbinder dies (and other thin dies) but it can't take thicker dies (like TH dies, Bigz, original sizzix etc)

The big shot can take can take all the dies out there with the exception of 1 of the Grands( the very largest die in the set ).

I'm pretty sure the cuttlebug can take the same dies as the big shot, but Judy may want to confirm that.

That said, I love my big shot and use it a lot for die cutting and embossing.

A word of warning, though, whichever machine you decide on will open up a whoooooole new addiction, so be prepared. And enjoy it

Diva
In response to Kim222

Best wishes in your quest. I used Cricut and Cuttlebug.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Stephanie D

• Stephanie D Said:
I really thought I was the last hold out on I products. It really feels that way sometimes.

It's not just you - and I don't have an Android device either. It's 2012 and I'm still happily functioning with a very dumb non-smartphone that sends and receives voice calls and text messages (albeit very, very, VERY tediously on the latter - I send fewer than ten texts a year, but don't really have need to send more than that anyway).

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-06-12 07:39 AM
In response to aquabunny

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope they can see Dave QUICKLY and get him taken care of. I'm so glad you have your kids there to help out, and that your buyers are so understanding.

Good luck with the house hunting. At least there's less pressure to find the "perfect" house.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-06-12 07:47 AM
In response to Vae

Thanks Judy and Kim! All these machines and sandwiches and plates are so confusing to me. That's one of the reasons I got my cricut, but of course I can't be satisfied with just that.

Now I just have to figure out a way to talk my husband into being okay with it...

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

To do die cutting on the Creatopia, you need to buy a Shapez attachment. I got a great deal on HSN, I think it was, that included everything, including a fancy purple totebag :>)

With the Shapez, the Creatopia will then use (this is off the box):
Boss Kut
Cuttlekids
Cuttlebug
QuicKutz— SingleKutz/Cookie Cutter/Embossing Folders/Goosebumpz
Spellbinders Borderabilities/Frameabil ities/Megabilities/Nestab ilites/Shapeabilites
Sizzix Clearlits/Embosslits/Sizz lits/Simple Impressions/Textured Impressions/Originals/Big z/Movers and Shapers
Ellison AllStar
AccuQuilt GO!

Like I said, I seem to be the only person who owns one of these and I don't know why since it takes 12" widths, which was a big factor for me, plus does 12" wide adhesive, cold-laminates and other things with other attachments.

The Cuttlebug is nice because it folds up so compactly. Even the handle tucks nicely inside a little pocket. It comes with Spacer/Mats A & 2 Bs, but typically doesn't come with C. That can be found online, as can 13" extension mats. I tried to link the bug to the Store, but I can't see that they carry them right now. Anyway, I got these FAQs from the ProvoCraft site.

The bug comes with a simple manual that clearly shows how to stack the mats. You need the C mat to use other makers' thin dies (like spellbinders). The manual also shows how to use Steel Rule dies, which I gather are thicker. I don't know...I don't have any.

It is supposed to "suction" to the table, but mine doesn't, but it's no problem. My table has a slight texture to it, so that's probably why it doesn't work right, but I don't have a problem with the bug trying to walk away while using it :>)

Q: What material will my Cuttlebug cut?
A: There are many different materials you can cut using your Cuttlebug. We have tried the following cork, thin metal, thin wood, thin fabrics, thin felt, cardstock, Bazzill, poster board, chipboard, and fun foam just to name a few. The rule of thumb is to not cut anything that is thicker than the white foam on the Cuttlebug die. The Cuttlebug User's Manual states, "The height of your cutting materials should not exceed 1/8". Attempting to cut through materials that exceed this height may result in incomplete cuts and may negate the warranty.

Q: Can I cut fabric with my Cuttlebug machine?
A: There are many different materials you can cut using your Cuttlebug. We have tried the following cork, thin metal, thin wood, thin fabrics, thin felt, cardstock, Bazzill, poster board, chipboard, and fun foam just to name a few. The rule of thumb is to not cut anything that is thicker than the white foam on the Cuttlebug die. The Cuttlebug User's Manual states, "The height of your cutting materials should not exceed 1/8". Attempting to cut through materials that exceed this height may result in incomplete cuts and may negate the warranty.

Q: Will the Cuttlekids dies work in my Cuttlebug?
A: Yes, Cuttlekids dies will work. You need to stack the A spacer, then a B mat, then the paper with the Cuttlekids die on top, and then a C mat. You may want to stagger your mats so they do not enter the machine at the same time.

Q: How big is the mouth of the Cuttlebug?
A: The mouth is 6 inches (15.2 cm).

Q: I am left handed. Will the Cuttlebug work for me?
A: Of course you can use it. The machine can be positioned so the handle is on either the right or the left side. It does not matter which way you run the mats through the mouth of the machine. You will get the same results no matter if you are left or right handed.

Q: How heavy is the Cuttlebug machine?
A: The machine weights approximately 7 pounds (3.2 kg).

Q: What brands of dies will work with my Cuttlebug?
A: The Cuttlebug is a universal die cutting machine, so it will accept leading brands of dies. However, because companies regularly come out with new products we cannot guarantee their compatibility. Please refer to the “Sandwich Stack Matrix” under the Cuttlebug “Download” section at www.provocraft.com. Or download Stack Matrix (pdf) If the kind of die/embossing folder you are inquiring about is not on the Matrix you can also ask in the Provo Craft blog and we will try and answer your question.

Q: How do I use my brass embossing templates in the Cuttlebug?
A: We have had many requests about how to use brass embossing templates in the Cuttlebug machine. We have tested at great length how we can do this. Some websites suggests using a mouse pad or a foam pad between the mats, but unfortunately while testing these kinds of materials they have stripped the gears. Using material like these in the Cuttlebug machine will void your warranty. We will continue to test material here at Provo Craft and let you know what can be used. We would rather have our testing machines break trying out different materials, and have your machine stay in top condition.

Q: Will my Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders work in other die cutting machines?
A: It depends on what machine is being used. Some machines will not cut the dies, while others will. Some machines will break the paper while using an embossing folder, and other machines will not provide an even emboss. You will need to contact the manufacturer of the machine to ask if their machine will take Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders.

Q: How many layers of cardstock can be cut using the Cuttlebug dies?
A: Depending on the thickness of the cardstock, you should be able to cut through 2-3 pieces of cardstock. If you are using a very detailed die, you will want to use less paper.

Q: How many layers of cardstock can be embossed using the Cuttlebug embossing folders?
A: Depending on the thickness, you can emboss about 2 sheets while still achieving a deep emboss. If you want to achieve a lighter emboss, you can add more paper in the folder.

Q: When I emboss printed paper it breaks the paper leaving a white cracked look. What do I do?
A: Printed paper has a white core that may show through when embossed. If you do not want this look, you will need to use milled cardstock, which means the color of the paper stays consistent through the core. You can tell if a paper is printed by tearing it. If you can see white in the center, you will know the paper is printed. If you still want to use printed paper to emboss, you can use ink or chalk to go over the “cracked” area, concealing the cracks.

Q: I have a combo (set with die and coordinating embossing folder). After I cut the image with the die, how do I line up the embossing on the cut?
A: The easiest way to line up the cut with the embossing folder is by placing the cut on the front part of the embossing folder. Close the back part of the embossing folder to hold the cut in place. Another suggestion is to place repositionable tape on a small section on the cut. Place the cut in the embossing folder, then close the embossing folder. Run the embossing folder through the machine. Open the embossing folder and remove the tape from the cut.

Q: When I run my dies through the machine I usually place them in the middle of the mat. It now seems that sometimes when I place them in the middle of the mat I do not clean a clean cut all the time. Am I doing something wrong?
A: Try placing your die in different places on the mat. When you place your dies on the edge of the mats you will get more pressure, therefore creating a clean cut.

Q: Mat Questions - Should I be concerned if I hear a cracking sound when rolling my dies through the machine?
A: No. The cracking sound is the die cutting into the clear mats. This is perfectly fine.

Q: My dies are marking up my clear plastic mats. Is this supposed to happen?
A: Yes. When using the Cuttlebug dies (or any other dies) you will get cut marks in your mat. This is normal. To extend the life of your mats, we suggest you rotate your mats frequently, cutting on both sides of each mat.

Q: How many cuts can I make before replacing my mats? How many times can I run my embossing folders through before replacing my mats?
A: If you are using the Cuttlebug dies, you should replace your mats about every 300-500 cuts. This will vary if you use other brands of dies. The Cuttlebug embossing folders will not mark up your cutting mats. So, if you use your Cuttlebug machine for just embossing you will not have to replace your mats.

Q: My cutting mats are bowing/warping. Is this supposed to be happening?
A: Because there is a lot of pressure on the cutting mats, they will bow. To extend the life of your mat and prevent them from bowing, we suggest you rotate the mats and cut on both sides of the mats.

Q: I have misplaced my C mat and cannot find where to get a new one. Do you have any suggestions where I can get a new one?
A: Some stores do not carry the C mats, but you can find them on-line.

Q: Why is it hard for me to roll the mats through my Cuttlebug machine?
A: It could be that the material you are trying to cut or emboss is too thick. Another reason could be that you have the incorrect mat configuration. Please refer to the User’s Manual or the Sandwich Stack Matrix (both can be found under “Downloads” in the Cuttlebug section.) You should never force your mats through the machine; this will strip the gears. You could also try staggering your mats, so they enter the machine at different times.

Hope this helps you to at least know what the two machines I have do. My main reason for the bug...size, price, easy to use, takes variety of dies. I keep it at my feet and it just takes a minute to set up and start cutting~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • Stephanie D Said:

It's not just you - and I don't have an Android device either. It's 2012 and I'm still happily functioning with a very dumb non-smartphone that sends and receives voice calls and text messages (albeit very, very, VERY tediously on the latter - I send fewer than ten texts a year, but don't really have need to send more than that anyway).

What you guys said although my phone is very text friendly. Good thing, too, because my fingers get a workout on it

Edited by Kim222 on 09-06-12 05:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Wow Judy!! You are Captain Cuttlebug!!

I've never seen the Creatopia in real life, but just wondering how big it actually is?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Wow Judy!! You are Captain Cuttlebug!!

I've never seen the Creatopia in real life, but just wondering how big it actually is?

I copied/pasted from the Creatopia website. They show they have it for $99.99. I bought mine in Jan. for about $130 (amazon), but it was for a bundled deal. HSN had the Shapez (needed for using misc. dies) for a really good price, so I bought that...then needed to get the Creatopia to go with it :>) I'd been trying to decide between machines, but the 12" width, the color, the value, & the good price on the Shapez all made my decision for me.

To be honest, I use the cuttlebug much more, but that's due to where I'm scrapping right now...tight quarters and the 'bug is at my feet and the Creatopia has to pulled off a shelf. I try to save my energy for needed exertion...like pulling the ATG trigger ~Judy

Max Material Width 12.5 in (31.8 cm)

Cartridge Included: 25ft (7.6m) Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive

Weight 12.6 lbs

Dimensions (W x H x L) 21.5 in x 7.5in x 9in (54.6cm x 19.1cm x 22.9cm) (kind of like a Cricut Expression on steroids...a bit bulkier, but not by a lot. My cricut, cameo & 'topia all stick over the shelf about the same distance.)

Power: Manual

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

Hello dear dear friends... Hubby just told me to go do something scrappy because I am getting a bit stressed & overwhelmed. He wants me to have some relief. I do not have to meet my realtor till 2 on Mon to sctually see them in person. DH told me to go ahead & pick. He trusts me.
I am going to finish my syrup page. It is 95% done. Then I want to work on a page about me & my dad. I know what pic & I have the title. I need to see if I have any papers that will work. It is for the heritage challenge. I told her I did not know if I would have time to work on one this month.
I still need to read your recent posts too.
what are you doing today?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-08-12 08:28 AM
In response to anda11

Wow Judy! For some reason I didn't see the other post until now but thank you!

I'm still undecided. I talked to the hubster and pouted, batted my eyelashes, and even played my "this is REALLY important to me" card (which almost always works on him). I wasn't expecting what came next. "I know baby, but I need you to understand that it's really REALLY important to me to not have another scrapbook machine taking up space right now." Eek. I can get it if I got rid of something else. Or I need to continue to be patient. He might still give in sooner or later.

Linda, your hubby sounds lovely! I love it when they tell us girls they can see we are stressed and we should go do something for ourselves. I can't wait to see the syrup page!

Today I'm going to go play outside! It's absolutely perfect weather right now. Much too nice to stay in, as much as I would like to be scrapping, I just can't. Have a beautiful day!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Can you convince him that the cuttlebug is so little he won't even know it's there? It's about the size of a lunch box when it's folded up. Of course the dies and embossing folders that multiply might be another matter concerning space, but they sneak in gradually and aren't really noticed...until you're HollyComma, drowning in a sea of them :>)

As an old married woman, I'm not going to tell you to do something he doesn't want you to do...marriage is definitely give-and-take...but since it's for your wedding album, it just seems like some of those dies would be perfect. Some are so "romantic" looking and you don't want to have regrets later and wish you could re-do it.

Maybe you could put a 'bug in your purse and carry it around with you all the time. It wouldn't take up space, plus it would give you a nice work-out. Some people carry water bottles or soup cans when they walk—you could carry a cuttlebug ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Also, Jarvae, I was looking at my 'bug and it's about the size of a small purse. Maybe you could convince him that it's a purse to go with your new green outfit (of course you'd have to go buy a new green outfit, too), then keep the 'bug with your other purses instead of with your scrappy stuff. I'm a believer in not rocking the marriage boat, but you're a female...put on your thinking cap. There has to be a way around this dilemma!

Maybe keep it in the kitchen and tell him it's a pasta machine. You could emboss and die cut homemade pasta. He'd probably be really impressed when you served hearts and flowers covered with marinara sauce. Hmmm...actually that sounds like a fun idea... ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda—I'm glad you get some scrappy time. Your husband sounds like a "keeper" :>) Hopefully he'll soon get some pain relief. Any updated plans from doctors?

I'm anxious to see your syrup page. It sounds like it should be a fun one. You're sure to enjoy doing a page about your dad. I want to start doing some heritage pages, but I think someone has figured out how to make our clocks run faster. It couldn't possibly me going slower, could it?

Have a good scrappy day~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I finished it. It took me a long time because I keep getting headaches. I am glad it is done. I haven't read your posts either cause it hurt.

Here it is [image]url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/87381/view/ 3735035/-1.html][/url] The amazing talking Mrs. Butterspread bottle Angela By Anda11http://[/image]

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

linda--so glad dh "pushed" you to get some scrappy time - he must've known we've all been waiting for your syrup page and speaking of the syrup page, it came out sooooo cute!! love that pic, too. she's a cutie!!

i hope the stress has settled down for you and hope dh's drs are doing something for his pain. hugs.

judy--you make me laugh!! but jarvae - if you get the boot for sneaking in a bug, you can bring your scrappy self (and your bug) to my house and finish that wedding album. i have a big shot, so we'll make a great scrappy team

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Kim222

I think the purse sounds like a good idea. And a reason for a new outfit.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I am having another stress day so Dave told me to work on that heritage page for the challenge to get my mind off things. I found the pic & I know what papers to use. He is managing better cause the morphine is helping. He does get his stress test on Fri. YEAH We found a home we like but we have to get it checked out. Keep your fingers crossed. We all love it.
I hope you all are doing ok.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

crossing my fingers for you, Linda!!!!!

I got scrappy goodies in the mail today! A new set of Paris themed stamps from Justrite, and FIVE new dies from Memory Box and My Favorite Things! I've been inky all day!

Paris card By CommaHolly

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Hubby & I just got through going through a superstore box that came in today's mail. He gets as much fun out of seeing it all as I do, but I have to watch that he doesn't take off with my washi tape...he thinks it would make great duct tape I got lots of fun stuff...but I need to put it all away (as if I have space for any of it) before I can use any of it

I got tons of little stamps that will be good for the upcoming holidays, plus paper, a Memento Black Tuxedo stamp pad that everyone says is "the best", some little fluid chalks that I like for doing edges and five or six bottles of the Liquid Pearls. My goal is to get them all...a few at a time. Also the white picket fence distress marker...which I'm also trying to eventually get them all. Other odds and ends and it's all good stuff :>)

Linda, I'm anxious to see your heritage page. I haven't figured out yet if I want to join the challenge...it sounds challenging I want to do it all...and it's just not happening~

So glad that Dave got scheduled for the stress test. Like no one can tell there's a problem, right? I know...it's gotta be done and at least it's a step in the right direction for getting the ball rolling.

Hope all goes well with the house. That is bound to be a big stress reliever for you when you find something that will work for you...and if you like it, that's even better! Of course moving will be lots of work, but won't it be nice when you can sit back and go "Whew...it's done"?

Today is the last day for snapfish's penny-a-print sale, so I'm going through the 3,000 +/- pix from our August trip to Tahoe, Yosemite and lots of other places. I'm hoping to at least get it down to 2,000 and less would be really nice.

Last night I ordered a bunch of things from Bo Bunny's Detour collection, so I'll have travel paper to go with my pictures.

OK...it's been a nice little break, but back to snapfish I go~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Yea...got notice a little bit ago that my sb order from yesterday has shipped (It's a good thing because I'm almost out of stash. Ummm...I also have ownership of the Brooklyn Bridge if anyone is interested in buying it. ) ~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Hello dear friends, I am having another stress day so Dave told me to work on that heritage page for the challenge to get my mind off things. I found the pic & I know what papers to use. He is managing better cause the morphine is helping. He does get his stress test on Fri. YEAH We found a home we like but we have to get it checked out. Keep your fingers crossed. We all love it.
I hope you all are doing ok.

Glad to hear he's doing better, Linda!!
Hope the house checks out for you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

it is in contract. boooo Now we are sad. I am going to try to work on that page again. I need to stamp the title & see where it fits.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Bummer. There has to be "the" house for you, but it would sure be nice if it would show up quickly for you! You deserve some good news! Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Aww Linda. You'll find something.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Kim222

do you know how many fall through??? Ask them to contact you if it falls through!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• CommaHolly Said:
do you know how many fall through??? Ask them to contact you if it falls through!

Yes! What she said.

Page 4 of 71 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics