Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
Mingo08
Veteran
Mingo08
In response to Henri Jean

OMG - huge post and it got lost in cyberspace. One more try....

Henri-Jean - Thanks for the great travel photos! And I'm with you on the tape thing - my grandmother did that. No tape in my future - an only child here. Meanwhile, THANK YOU for sharing the model of your scanner. I'm researching them for use at my parents' and that's a huge help to me as I know how much you like yours.

FLHomeschoolingMom - Good for you! I'll pray for your stop smoking success! My mom's family were tobacco farmers and all of them smoked and rolled their own. Fortunately, my only teen foray into smoking helped me realize that it was doing something with my hands that was the addictive part for me. So, I ditched my one pack and figured that hand thing out. Now I knit in social circumstances! Very helpful - and productive!

SouthernLady - Share some pics of those ornaments! I'm curious and they sound neat!

We did our fifth funeral of the year this week. Coordinating how and when my elderly parents would attend took time. I'm over the funerals. Seriously.

I scrapped a little last night, then have today after I work out! Hoping to finish my cat's memorial page, my uncle's memorial page, and the two pages of Christmas I have remaining. We shall see!

Tomorrow is DH's birthday - his parents are coming, so I need to clean-up the school stuff, dust, sweep, etc. And bake him a coconut cream pie. I detest coconut, so staying away from the dessert will not be a problem! But, dining out will be nice.

Edited by Mingo08 on 08-15-15 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to Mingo08

Thank you anda11 for the linking instructions and the warm welcome.

here is the book fully opened. I have since made a Halloween one. (again at midnight)

Envelope minibook By Southgirl

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to southgirl

Had to poke my nose in the thread, and add my 2 cents worth:

No scrapping done today. Had to head out of town (Peoria, IL). Nothing major.

Regarding pictures taken of people in coffins: Did you know that, in the Victoria era, people would have pictures taken of their deceased loved ones? Part of this deals with how expensive pictures were back then. I've seen a few of these pictures, and the deceased actually looked to be sleeping. Heard of this practice from my girlfriend.

And yes, my dad had taken a picture of his dad at the funeral home..... It may seem a bit strange, but, there may be a good reason.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

Umm, I haven't been online since early Friday morning and I'm behind on forum posts and threads. Maybe I'll get caught up today (Sunday). I got some "Happy Mail" from Vintageivy on Friday morning and my DH checked the mail that day and placed the package on my desk. Before I got around to getting to my mail (I home school my two boys), there was a "family crisis".

My family lives in what is essentially a duplex. My husband's 64 yr. old mother lives on the other side. Somewhere between 2 and 2:30 PM, while I had my boys working on their math classes, my youngest son said, "I think I hear screaming at Nana's". We listened for a minute or so and all we could hear was what sounded like a commotion of some kind. At first, we wondered if maybe she had fallen or if something was wrong with her heart. My DH ran out the door to check on her. I'm really glad he took off out of our house so fast and got to her when he did, even if he does now have a broken hand because of it and we have to contact his orthopedist on Monday because the attending at the hospital said it looks like he needs pins in his hand. He essentially has a boxer's break in his hand. But, what happened that caused the break in my husband's hand was his oldest brother, who lives in my MIL's camper had my MIL pinned down attempting to kill her. My husband screamed at him to let her go, but he wouldn't. His mom was beginning to turn blue, so my husband broke his hand on his brother's head! He said that he had to hit his brother twice to make him turn his mom loose. And my DH heard her gasp for air and mumble "thank God" before she completely lost consciousness. My Dh heard his brother screaming at his mom while he assaulted her, and he was screaming "Witch (but with a B) you're going to die today. This is going to be your last day on this earth. Your God can't save you now because I'm the devil himself and I'm going to kill you." That's when my DH landed his fist upside his brother's head...twice and broke his hand. I guess that wasn't enough for my BIL, because he charged at his mom AGAIN and said, "I'm gonna make sure that *itch is dead". My DH was between his brother and his mom, and he said, "Oh no you're not" and due to breaking his hand, he kicked his brother to keep him off of his mom. At that point, his brother fled the house, I guess he realized that my husband was going to do whatever it took to save his mom's life.

We called 911 and ended up with about 20 local law enforcement officers in our yard, along with EMT's, and my BIL's probation officer. My husband thought he was going to jail that day, and he told me "Honey, I'm pretty sure I've broken my hand and I'm probably going to jail for assault on my brother but I couldn't let him kill my mom." I told him I understood. And when the cops got here, my DH walked up to one we know and said, "Well, I guess I'm going to jail for assaulting my oldest brother. Don't worry I won't resist, I did what I had to do to save my mom's life and I don't regret it."

Once they found out everything that happened and how it happened, saw the injuries to my MIL which was more than just her oldest son trying to choke her. They told my DH, "no, you're not the one going to jail today your brother is and we're charging him with violation of probation and attempted 2nd degree murder." A few cops congratulated my DH and told him, "Thank God you were here and heard your mom because if you had been just 2 minutes later you wouldn't have a mom anymore." I've been married to this man for almost 17 years, and I've never known of him to EVER hit anyone. His mom is still very traumatized, and at times does not want to be alone so we have taken turns sitting and talking with her and just making sure she's "ok". Her daughter and two granddaughters are spending the night now. And I've been in a bit of "shell shock" and dealing with some intense anger towards my BIL.

THAT son has always had a violent streak, especially when he's drinking or on drugs. Friday, he was on both. And he ended up beating and trying to choke his mom to death. He had been clean for about a year, everyone was so happy for him. He had gotten a good job, was doing really good. And then all of a sudden, he began hanging out with the wrong people again and within a couple of weeks he was trying to kill his mom. But right now, I'm REALLY glad that he looking at 15 to 20 years in prison and I pray he doesn't get away with this. He's gotten away with so much over the years I've known him. He should have been locked up for more than 6 weeks YEARS ago. However, my MIL is STILL making excuses for what he did. In the past, she simply refused to believe anyone else who said something "bad" about that son. I don't EVER want to see him be able to do to another human being what he did to his mother. NO ONE deserves to be beat and traumatized that badly, especially in their own home by one of their own children.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Everyone needs some excitement in their life, but I doubt what you described would really count.....

Didn't they take your MIL to the hospital? If she was turning blue, etc., I'd be concerned about oxygen loss, etc., no matter her age.

Hope the cops found your BIL. Also hope he gets the help he needs in jail/prison.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

Good morning!

Mingo - I hate it when long posts get lost in cyberspace! Fortunately it only happens once in a while but it is always to the longest that I have put the most thought into!

Doxie makes 2 scanners - one only does 300 dpi (that may be the Doxie Go model but I'm not sure. There are only two models and about $50 price difference. The more expensive one is the one I have because it does 600 dpi which is photo quality. Easy to use. There is a case for it for about $20 which I have and am glad I bought. Makes it easier to pack and travel without having to worry about it getting broken.

You nailed it on the head - for me, smoking was something to do with my hands. Knitting would have been a good diversion and will have pretty handmade knitted things too! Perfect solution. At 19 years old I never though of that.

My big project today is to get the content page done for my scrapbook (digital) for the train across Europe - Bucharest, Transylvania and Budapest. The pages are already put in the Shutterfly program, just need to make the content page (I like to do the content pages by hand - this is the 27th book in my scrapbook library I've made into a Shutterfly book). It will only be 51 pages and most of mine are around 100 pages but I want it contained in one book.

Then I just send it on and I have to tag all the pages in Photo Gallery so I have a good record who is in each photo. That won't take long. Also have to tag all the places in each layout.

I do love coconut and so does my husband so coconut cream pie sounds wonderful to me!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I agree - the pictures of family members in thier coffins mean a lot to my mother and to many people.

However, I remember as a teenager seeing a picture of my grandmother in her coffin and to this day I cannot remember her alive. That picture in the coffin just blocks out everything else. I wish I had never seen it.

I personally do not want any pictures of anyone in a coffin and it was disturbing to me to see them in my mother's things because I wasn't prepared for them. I took a quick glance and as soon as I saw what it was, I put the whole envelope of pictures away before I even registered who it was.

But for some people I can see where they get comfort from those photos and I completely respect my mothers right to have them, I just want her to mark on the outside of the envelope "Funeral photos" so children in the family don't stumble across them and even adults who don't want to see them don't open them.

Its all a matter of taste but I am one who is disturbed by pictures of the deceased and it blocks out my memories of them when they were living - sort of traumatizes me I guess.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh my goodness! How horrible for your entire family but I'm so glad your son heard her screaming and your husband was able to get there and save his mom.

I'm sorry about your husband's hand - I know it must be very painful but he did what he had to do.

His brother obviously belongs in jail - and for a very long time. As someone else said, hopefully he will get the help he needs, but even then, it doesn't seem like he needs to be out walking around.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

Yes, my BIL was taken into custody shortly after the incident and my MIL was taken to the hospital and then released later that day. They ran CT scans of her head, and there was no fractures or bleeding. They checked out her heart, and the attending physician was very, very kind to her. He sat and talked with her and helped to calm her down. He did more than just make sure that she was physically alright. But now she is dealing with the post traumatic stress. She woke up during the night last night due to dreaming about the event in "living color" which set off a panic attack, a fit of hysteria, and caused her to begin majorly hyperventilating to the point that she AGAIN began to turn a little blue. I found some of the medicine they gave her at the ER and finally talked her into taking it. It seemed to help, and her breathing returned to about normal and her heart rate slowed back down. She then sat and talked to me and her daughter for HOURS, she didn't want either of us to leave her.

She and I have had our "issues", BUT I've been finding out the last couple of days that her oldest son was behind a lot of those issues, most of them in fact. He was behind the recent episode of her destroying some of my scrapping stuff. His ex-wife scrapbooked and he just despises ANYTHING that ex-wife did. He saw me "playing" with my scrapbooking stuff, and I guess he figured he could "get even" with his ex by getting MY stuff destroyed. He had told his mother that I was acting more immature than my teen boys, and that I was playing with my scrapbooking stuff INSTEAD of taking care of my kids. When she told me that, I smiled and said, "And you really believed that? You've known me for almost 17 years, WHEN have I ever put anyone or anything BEFORE my children?" She looked at me and said, "You haven't. I was wrong for what I did." I forgive her. I love and care about her VERY much, so much more than she will ever realize.

I did hurt her feelings yesterday and honestly I didn't mean to. She began to attempt to make excuses for what her son did to her and I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. I told her, "No mam, there is no excuse for what he did. There is no justifying what he did. It MIGHT have been a result of his addictions, but that is still not an excuse. He CHOSE to use, and he CHOSE to attack you. And what's worse, he was getting joy from inflicting pain on you and seeing terror on your face. THAT was what made my husband end up hitting him with enough force to break his own hand. And this time, this time I hope he does go away for a very, very long time because I don't ever want to see him again and neither do your grandsons."

I don't like the anger I have towards that man because it verges on pure and absolute hatred. And in my house, around my DH and kids I have said some things that I never should have said. I told them that I hope he goes to prison and that he dies in prison. I should NOT have said that, it was not nice and ultimately I AM a nice person. I didn't dream something could make me THIS angry, but it has.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

I made some die cuts in black glitter paper of corners and backed them with red shiny paper. Thinking I would add them to my mini book. After looking I decided that, no I would leave it plain. I now have a mat full of corners. Why, oh why, do I always do this? Then I thought maybe red shiny would look better. Meh.

Red Shiny corners By Southgirl

Red and Black corners By Southgirl

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to southgirl

christmas card By Southern Lady

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to southern lady

I like it southern lady. Love the side paper.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to southgirl

sorry upside down. when I have on my computer looks right then I upload on here and it is upside down on this computer.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

World Cruise Page 229 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 230 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 231 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 232 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

here a shaker box card I did first time

shaker box card By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I need to read all of the posts here I have only responded to some Ang went home yesterday so I had housework calling my name I had to sit with Dave a lot. he is doing great about the surgery but he has been sick to his stomach really badly. he is feeling terrible. different medications of his do cause it but this could be something else. he has always been different in the fact that when he is sick... he wants to be left alone to take care of himself. I know my ex was not this way or any other boyfriend either. lol
I am going to try & cut his birthday card right now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I'm sorry Dave is not feeling well. Bill has a big of a cold right now and it is such a helpless feeling not being able to do anything.

Meds can really mess with your stomach and make you sick too. If Bill isn't careful and takes his pills too long after he eats it makes him very sick - sometimes he feels awful for hours.

He sometimes says, "I need to take them, I ate 30 minutes ago.". I always tell him - its not worth the risk. Being sick from meds is one of the worst kind of being sicks.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

Linda, one reason your DH might be so sick to his stomach is from all of the medication. My DH is currently on pain meds due to a break and two fractures in his right hand. I have to call his orthopedist this morning and see if he needs pins put in. The Dr. at the ER seems to believe he does due to having osteoporosis.

Anyways, my DH can not take any type of prescription pain medicine without getting severely nauseated, even if he eats a good amount with it. What we have to do when he is prescribed something like this is invest in Ginger Ale that has real ginger in it. That is the only thing that seems to help him. It might be helpful for your DH as well. I know that Canada Dry makes both regular and sugar free ginger ale that contains real ginger. You could also use ginger snaps if that is something he likes.

Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I need to read all of the posts here I have only responded to some Ang went home yesterday so I had housework calling my name I had to sit with Dave a lot. he is doing great about the surgery but he has been sick to his stomach really badly. he is feeling terrible. different medications of his do cause it but this could be something else. he has always been different in the fact that when he is sick... he wants to be left alone to take care of himself. I know my ex was not this way or any other boyfriend either. lol
I am going to try & cut his birthday card right now.

I am sorry he sick hope he feel better

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I finished 2 cards that I had started and set aside to make that Envelope minibook . I may have over decorated them. I will set them aside and come back to them. I may take some thing off. Do y'all do that?

I found some xmas card toppers in a magazine. I think I will take them to a scrap in October and do them. I need to gather supplies for that. And need to buy glitter paper.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

World Cruise page 233 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 234 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 235 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 236 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Umm, I haven't been online since early Friday morning and I'm behind on forum posts and threads. Maybe I'll get caught up today (Sunday). I got some "Happy Mail" from Vintageivy on Friday morning and my DH checked the mail that day and placed the package on my desk. Before I got around to getting to my mail (I home school my two boys), there was a "family crisis".

My family lives in what is essentially a duplex. My husband's 64 yr. old mother lives on the other side. Somewhere between 2 and 2:30 PM, while I had my boys working on their math classes, my youngest son said, "I think I hear screaming at Nana's". We listened for a minute or so and all we could hear was what sounded like a commotion of some kind. At first, we wondered if maybe she had fallen or if something was wrong with her heart. My DH ran out the door to check on her. I'm really glad he took off out of our house so fast and got to her when he did, even if he does now have a broken hand because of it and we have to contact his orthopedist on Monday because the attending at the hospital said it looks like he needs pins in his hand. He essentially has a boxer's break in his hand. But, what happened that caused the break in my husband's hand was his oldest brother, who lives in my MIL's camper had my MIL pinned down attempting to kill her. My husband screamed at him to let her go, but he wouldn't. His mom was beginning to turn blue, so my husband broke his hand on his brother's head! He said that he had to hit his brother twice to make him turn his mom loose. And my DH heard her gasp for air and mumble "thank God" before she completely lost consciousness. My Dh heard his brother screaming at his mom while he assaulted her, and he was screaming "Witch (but with a B) you're going to die today. This is going to be your last day on this earth. Your God can't save you now because I'm the devil himself and I'm going to kill you." That's when my DH landed his fist upside his brother's head...twice and broke his hand. I guess that wasn't enough for my BIL, because he charged at his mom AGAIN and said, "I'm gonna make sure that *itch is dead". My DH was between his brother and his mom, and he said, "Oh no you're not" and due to breaking his hand, he kicked his brother to keep him off of his mom. At that point, his brother fled the house, I guess he realized that my husband was going to do whatever it took to save his mom's life.

We called 911 and ended up with about 20 local law enforcement officers in our yard, along with EMT's, and my BIL's probation officer. My husband thought he was going to jail that day, and he told me "Honey, I'm pretty sure I've broken my hand and I'm probably going to jail for assault on my brother but I couldn't let him kill my mom." I told him I understood. And when the cops got here, my DH walked up to one we know and said, "Well, I guess I'm going to jail for assaulting my oldest brother. Don't worry I won't resist, I did what I had to do to save my mom's life and I don't regret it."

Once they found out everything that happened and how it happened, saw the injuries to my MIL which was more than just her oldest son trying to choke her. They told my DH, "no, you're not the one going to jail today your brother is and we're charging him with violation of probation and attempted 2nd degree murder." A few cops congratulated my DH and told him, "Thank God you were here and heard your mom because if you had been just 2 minutes later you wouldn't have a mom anymore." I've been married to this man for almost 17 years, and I've never known of him to EVER hit anyone. His mom is still very traumatized, and at times does not want to be alone so we have taken turns sitting and talking with her and just making sure she's "ok". Her daughter and two granddaughters are spending the night now. And I've been in a bit of "shell shock" and dealing with some intense anger towards my BIL.

THAT son has always had a violent streak, especially when he's drinking or on drugs. Friday, he was on both. And he ended up beating and trying to choke his mom to death. He had been clean for about a year, everyone was so happy for him. He had gotten a good job, was doing really good. And then all of a sudden, he began hanging out with the wrong people again and within a couple of weeks he was trying to kill his mom. But right now, I'm REALLY glad that he looking at 15 to 20 years in prison and I pray he doesn't get away with this. He's gotten away with so much over the years I've known him. He should have been locked up for more than 6 weeks YEARS ago. However, my MIL is STILL making excuses for what he did. In the past, she simply refused to believe anyone else who said something "bad" about that son. I don't EVER want to see him be able to do to another human being what he did to his mother. NO ONE deserves to be beat and traumatized that badly, especially in their own home by one of their own children.

I am sitting here in shock as I read your post. I cannot believe all that you and your family have had to endure. Thank goodness your DH was able to save his mom's life. I pray for better days ahead for all of you!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Joanie R

Well, my weekend wasn't exciting. For the first time in about 15 years, I helped my husband wash and wax our vehicles. With the dust storm and subsequent rain storm we had last week our cars looked like they were driven through a mud storm! I haven't helped him because I was always taking care of our children. It's been extremely hot here too, excessive heat warnings and such but yesterday he said, you ready to help? I groaned because I didn't really want to but if I didn't he would have spent twice as long out in that heat getting it done. Cars cost a pretty penny so he goes the extra mile taking really good care of ours. So, I went out and must have sweated out a gallon plus of water. Whew! It better not storm this week, that's all I'm saying.

I did manage to get some cards created. I lifted some sympathy cards out of the new Stampin' Up catalog. I purchased some sympathy sets because I really didn't have any. I, unfortunately, had to use a couple but now I have some on hand. I also need to work on making a stash of cards for my daughter. Since she moved out she doesn't have regular access to my stash anymore and she needs some.

The list just keeps growing. Hopefully, I'll get to go to a crop soon. My bestie texted me last night and asked if I was ready for another one. I said, You bet!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

Our son washed and waxed his little mini-cooper yesterday. Not long after - the rains came. You can count on it - wash a car and a storm brews up.

I'm going to a crop on Friday night. Nothing is ready. I'm going to concentrate on pages for my mothers recipe book. I have 6 recipes ready to scrap, just have to decide what I want to do with them - the pictures are taken and ready to print.

I don't know why I can't make cards - I should but I don't enjoy it. I guess you could say that I hate making cards. Completely stresses me out. I'm just not a card maker.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

I know, you would think being a paper crafter you could do cards or layouts. I have some friends who are the same way. They don't do cards but love layouts and vice versa. Do what you love and what's inspiring to you because then you'll feel good about it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

I think the layouts excite me because I remember the trip or event - I like the memories they bring.

I also love working with pictures and journaling. Each layout is a challenge to get it to tell the story in pictures and words.

Mingo08
Veteran
Mingo08

I'm not big on cards either! I think it's a different process designing cards than LOs for photos. I do it, because we have limited card options near us, but I'm not in love with it.

I, too, have a crop this coming weekend. I herd this bunch of cats, so it's always fun, usually productive, occasionally stressful. We pitch-in food, which makes that part easy enough.

We're having a near-storm (thunder, no rain) right now. We've had a wet summer, so we don't need rain. But the headache this weather gives me is annoying.

Finished up with school today. Think I'll spin some this evening and work on organizing photos for the crop. I intend to work on DD's school book this weekend. Sort of uncertain about what I'm doing as yet - she likes the Project life format (which I do for our annual book, mixed with regular LOs). But this is a book to span all four years of high school, so I'm trying to figure if I want chronology, themes, or both. Maybe *that's* why I have the headache! LOL!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Mingo08

card By Southern Lady

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Our crops are $5.00 to attend. The Sheriff's Dept. Lets us use a large banquet-sized room next to the jail at no cost - the money collected all goes to breast cancer research (Susan Kolman foundation) except for tea and soft drinks for the crops.

There is a these every month - finger foods, Halloween foods or decorated foods, Christmas themed foods, Valentine's foods and desserts - can be finger foods, main dishes or desserts as long as they follow theme. Everyone who wants to bring something to participate is invited to and with about 30-40 at each crop, there is plenty of food.

If anyone doesn't bring food they pay $5.00 to eat.

Last month I didn't bring a dish but paid $10.00 - $5 for the crop and $5 to eat.

This time I will take food. Most of us take food every month but some months I get too busy and don't get a chance to do anything so I just pay my $5.00.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am just checking in I haven't had time to work on anything.. Dave had to have the rest of his stitches out today & he is very very sore he had his abdomen & both legs.. he had so many they did it two different weeks. He is feeling terrible.
my baby girl went to the ER at the hospital today. she has been having some stomach issues for a few months... she has seen different drs... had tests..been to urgent cares too.. had different diagnosiss too & is still hurting. I sure hope they figure it out soon.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Bless your heart Linda. Dave has sure had more than his share of pain and discomfort and your daughter too.

I hope they are both feeling better soon.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

thanks hon Dave will get better very soon

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

southernlady, what a beautiful card. That "hello" just pops out.

I got a new die so I just had to make cuts with them. They are the Spellbinders borders. One has an eyelet lace on it. I cut some on the doublefold card. Nice. A few weeks ago I got the bright idea to make cuts of all my dies and glue (Xyron) them to clear plastic sheets (overhead projector film). That way I can lay the sheet over my project to see if it will fit and MAYBE cut down on me making too many unused cuts.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

World Cruise Page 237 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 238 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 239 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 240 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Linda - Glad your DH is on the mend. Sorry to hear your DD is not feeling well. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

Henri - Love your pages! Bill doesn't look like a happy camper. Your description is spot on with how he looks. That must have been miserable but the pagoda is so striking. I don't think I would have minded the heat if I could have seen that place in person. Just amazing. I feel like I'm traveling vicariously through you. I'm hoping when my husband and I retire, we might be able to travel. That is my wish any way!

I'm going to be getting together with some girlfriends this weekend to make cards. If I have some good ones, I'll post here!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

Thanks Joanie. Some people really enjoy travelling but it isn't for everyone. Most of our friends would be miserable living out of suitcases. I've just learned to adjust and adapt.

Getting ready to run out the door in the next 25 days or so. Got to get to Seattle (not sure if we will go commercial or military hops) - then we are booked on a cruise out of Seattle. It goes to 3 places in Hawaii which will give us a great chance to spend a day with friends, the Marshall Islands, Chuuk (Bill wants us to snorkel there), Guam and Saipan. Its a 30 day cruise that ends in Singapore.

We were in Singapore earlier this year and my husband bought me a beautiful necklace - the pendant is made from a real orchid. When we were at my mothers last week she kept admiring it and Bill told me to give it to my mother - he would replace it next month while we are in Singapore so I gave my necklace to my mother. Now I have to go back to Singapore!

We don't know if we will fly home immediately. We will take a military hop and probably spend time in Hawaii. Bill mentioned yesterday that we may get a hop to South Korea (its really very pretty) and then a commercial flight to China. I've been there 2 or 3 times but there is one place I want to go in China so we may try to arrange that. Just don't know yet.

Bill was not happy to have to wear the longyi. If he had worn long pants instead of shorts he would have been fine but he nearly always wears shorts and in temples - that is a no-no.

I won $10.00 on scrapbook.com and have held off placing the order until I could figure out what I needed to scrap the next trip. I think I'm ready to order now! Excited.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

Thanks Joanie. Some people really enjoy travelling but it isn't for everyone. Most of our friends would be miserable living out of suitcases. I've just learned to adjust and adapt.

Getting ready to run out the door in the next 25 days or so. Got to get to Seattle (not sure if we will go commercial or military hops) - then we are booked on a cruise out of Seattle. It goes to 3 places in Hawaii which will give us a great chance to spend a day with friends, the Marshall Islands, Chuuk (Bill wants us to snorkel there), Guam and Saipan. Its a 30 day cruise that ends in Singapore.

We were in Singapore earlier this year and my husband bought me a beautiful necklace - the pendant is made from a real orchid. When we were at my mothers last week she kept admiring it and Bill told me to give it to my mother - he would replace it next month while we are in Singapore so I gave my necklace to my mother. Now I have to go back to Singapore!

We don't know if we will fly home immediately. We will take a military hop and probably spend time in Hawaii. Bill mentioned yesterday that we may get a hop to South Korea (its really very pretty) and then a commercial flight to China. I've been there 2 or 3 times but there is one place I want to go in China so we may try to arrange that. Just don't know yet.

Bill was not happy to have to wear the longyi. If he had worn long pants instead of shorts he would have been fine but he nearly always wears shorts and in temples - that is a no-no.

I won $10.00 on scrapbook.com and have held off placing the order until I could figure out what I needed to scrap the next trip. I think I'm ready to order now! Excited.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Henri Jean, I have truly enjoyed looking at your beautiful LO's the last few days. The crops you attend sound like a lot of fun, and they are very reasonably priced too. It's nice that the funds raised goes to charity. There is nothing like that where I live.

I'm hoping to get some scrappy stuff done this evening after dinner. But for now, I'm just enjoying my coffee and the peace and quiet.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I'm taking a break from the kids school today. I TRIED to take a break yesterday, a "personal holiday" of sorts. However, my husband's grandmother decided to create some "chaos" of her own.

On Friday, my husband's grandmother was more worried about how hard my DH hit his brother (my BIL) when his brother was beating his mother, HER daughter. Yeah, the woman was more worried about her violent grandson than her own daughter. And after he was taken to jail (where he needs to be) she began saying, "C doesn't need to be in jail he just needs to get off the drugs but he shouldn't serve any time for this." REALLY??? We heard that trash ALL weekend. And I have to say that my husband's grandmother DOES have some umm "political" pull in this county. Well, yesterday she decided to put her nose into all of this and work to try to get him charged with just a drug offense and not a violent offense. She then called wanting my DH to look at her television because it wasn't working. He went over to see what was wrong with his grandmother's TV. At that point, she began telling him, "I pulled my strings and the most time C will get for this will be about a year and then he can come back."

To say the least, my DH nor any of the rest of MY family were happy to hear that. My MIL has spent DAYS making excuses for her son and making her own attempts to get his charges reduced. I'm not sorry that he's in jail, and I'm not sorry that he has no bail/bond, and I won't be sorry if he gets the maximum of 15 years for the assault on my MIL and the maximum 5 years for his VOP. MAYBE I would feel just a little bit of sympathy for him IF this was a first offense, a true drug induced lack of control. But it isn't. This is the third time I know of him attacking a woman, and this is the second time he's threatened/attempted to kill a woman. The first attack against a woman that I know of involved his sister about 11 years ago, no charges were ever filed. The next assault on a woman happened last year, it was the lady who is now his ex-wife. He beat the daylights out of her and told her that after he killed her he was going to kill her sleeping children. He did do a bit of time for that, is currently on probation for that. BUT ultimately it was not "prosecuted" because my MIL and grandmother in law convinced this woman to drop the charges in exchange for her ex to not attempt to get their home/land during the divorce. As a result, that poor woman has lived in fear of this man for over a year, bought a new car, changed her job, etc. I intend to call her at her new job today and let her know that she no longer has to be afraid for her safety, she deserves that.

Those aren't the only violent offenses either. My husband has a mentally and physically handicapped aunt who lives on this property with her sister (my husband's grandmother). The handicapped lady like animals, and in 2009 she had a cat named Chester who was a sweet, fat, lazy grey tabby. She loved Chester. On Easter Sunday of 2009 she came home to find her cat refusing to move. She called him, and called him, but all he would do was look at her. He had a towel over him. She moved the towel and the inside contained quite a bit of blood. I was horrified by what I saw when she screamed at me in the yard, "Lish sometin wong wid my kitty" That's how she talks. She was hysterically crying. My DH and I went to check on her cat, thinking maybe he died of old age. No. The pads of his paws were gone, his claws had been pulled out, and he had a lot of small holes in his body. BUT he was still alive. The lady's Pedi paws laid nearby, covered in blood. We then began to find small plastic balls, not sure what they were at first. That's when my BIL stumbled in and told us what he did to that cat, and laughed as he told us. He said that he used the pedipaws to sand off the cats paw pads, used pliers to rip out it's claws, and then shot it multiple times in the legs, hips, and other "non vital" areas with a pellet gun at point blank range. He said he had come back so he could watch the cat bleed to death. A lot of us wanted to press charges on him then for animal cruelty, however we weren't allowed to. Neither his mom nor his grandma wanted him charged with that and both said, "well it was just a stupid animal, it could have been worse". It wasn't just a "stupid animal", it was a sweet and loving animal that was basically tortured to death. I had to tell that lady her cat was going to die because he was barely breathing. I wrapped the cat in the bloody towel, told the lady "you don't need to watch him die, I'm going to take him with me". The cat had tears in his eyes. I swaddled him up like a baby, walked outside and rocked and quietly and softly talked to him until he stopped breathing. It wasn't long, maybe 10 or 15 minutes. We were told that if we reported it, they would say that it was a lie.

Today a cop showed up. He told us that my BIL will NOT be coming back for a very long time. He said that the case is no longer in the hands of anyone in this county, the DA has taken on the case. He will be prosecuted for violation of probation AND attempted 2nd degree murder and there is nothing that my MIL, my husband's grandmother, or anyone else in this county can do about it to change it. I'm glad. I know this man very well, and he truly does not need to be out in society.

My DH is getting his hand pinned/wired at an orthopedist in Tallahassee this afternoon. His mom insisted on driving him, I hope they have a pleasant trip. As for me, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of a "normal" day....finally!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Ali - That was a disturbing read to say the least. I'm glad your BIL will not be around to bother or hurt your DH or your loved ones anymore. What some people try to do to make excuses for some people is dumbfounding. WOW! Glad it's being handled properly.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Joanie R

Oh my gosh, I'm near tears from reading your note. I don't handle people or animal abuse very well and torture - that just tears me up.

He is mentally insane. Normal people do not do that. When someone will torture an animal it shows they have no conscious and are capable of being equally abusive to humans. That is downright scary.

They say most of the horrific serial kills have a history of torturing animals.

I'm glad he's locked up so your family is safe.

You are so kind to notify his ex - she needs to know she doesn't' have to keep looking over her shoulder.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Yeah, I don't handle those types of things well either. I like animals, and most of my own cats were previously abused animals. All have adjusted well, only one is still a bit skittish and that is only around strangers.

I can not grasp why someone would intentionally abuse or mistreat an animal, much less a person. I do not honestly know of everything my BIL has done, but I do know of a LOT. I know he first began having run ins with law enforcement in the 1980's. I know that the "accidental" fire at my MIL and FIL's home in July 1999 was not really an accident. THAT was when I first began to think that my BIL was actually dangerous, and I had only known him for about 6 months. The home did not burn down, and by the grace of God and my FIL, no one perished in the fire. My BIL set that fire in the home kitchen, about 12 to 14 feet from where my husband and I slept, I was just days from giving birth to my oldest son. He told us a few days after the event that he intentionally turned a pan of oil on and left it because my DH made him mad by refusing to talk to him. He was intoxicated that night too.

The lead investigator on the case concerning my MIL does not know why the DA was, as he put it, "anxious and excited" to take this case. I know why, but my MIL does not want the investigator to know. It concerns the assault on his wife a year ago, well now she's officially divorced from him. A big part of me wants to tell this officer what I know, things I've seen over the years. I know this officer, I went to church with him and his family, he's a good man and a good cop. But at the same time I know that if my MIL finds out that I gave this man knowledge that could get her oldest son into more trouble, then she would never forgive me and she would have us thrown out of our home. I've thought about writing the officer a letter and telling him, that would certainly save him a lot of writing, lol. I know my BIL is not a 100% horrible person, when he's not using he's a wonderful person. But when he's drinking or using, he's awful. He's like a real life Dr. Jekelll and Mr. Hyde. It's like he really does have a split personality. When he's not someone to be feared, he looks normal. But when he's looking for a fight, making threats, torturing animals, etc. he actually LOOKS like a different person. There have been times over the past 16 years that I've thrown a partially smoked (or barely smoked) cigarette into the yard and ran back in my home and locked by door just because of seeing him. I KNOW how he looks when violence is on his mind, and it's a very noticeable difference.

I've been up MOST of the night because while my MIL and DH were gone yesterday I received a phone call from the man who was with my BIL when the assault first began. I've never actually met this man before, ever. I only know his name and that he was talking with my MIL when her son attacked her and then he fled. I've HEARD people talk about how dangerous this man is, but I don't know for certain. I do however know that there was absolutely no reason for him to call our home. So AGAIN I had to call the local police department! I wanted to talk with the investigator on the case, but he had gotten off duty 30 minutes before the call came in. I didn't press any kind of charges against the man for making a phone call, he made no actual threats. However, I did tell the PD that due to the trauma our family has suffered, he does not need to ever call us or pull into our drive way. If he needs counseling from a pastor, there are many good ones in our city and county. I do understand that this man feels "comfortable" with my MIL because he has known her since he was a child. Him and my BIL have been friends for decades, but still....there are other pastors.

Right now I'm wondering how long it will take for life to return to normal or if I'm actually going to have to move out of a city and neighborhood that I love to find the peace I need. I suppose time will tell.

I'm praying that today will be a much better day. I have however decided to make some changes to our literature study, I will wait until later in the school year for us to cover "The Tell Tell Heart" and "The Pit and the Pendulum" by Edgar Allan Poe. I do not find those suitable lit studies at this point in time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My heart just goes out to you Ali. Maybe if you talked to one of the pastors it would help you sort things out - what to tell and what not to tell. To me is seems important that they have all the information on the table so they know what they are dealing with.

If you brother-in-law is only in for a short time that means he will be out and he will be even angrier so you need to do what is necessary to keep him in for the long haul.

I personally would hesitate to put anything in writing because that can come back to bite you. If you have a friend on the police department maybe you can talk to him/her but it sounds like you have a lot of information that would be helpful to them in making decisions.

I'm just so sorry you are having to go through all this is.

suebird
Expert
suebird

After reading your latest posts, I am aghast. Your BIL may be wonderful---BUT that is when he is not 'using'.

I've worked in health care long enough to say I have seen quite a lot. I've seen people in the hospital who are in DT's, because they aren't able to have their wine before/during dinner/before bed, etc. Yes, it happens.

Perhaps you should get ahold of the DA who is on the case, tell him what all you know.....direct him to the other people you know might have information.

Here's wishing you much luck.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

World Cruise Page 241 - Mynamar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 242 - Mynamar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 243 - Mynamar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 244 - Mynamar (Burma) By Henri Jean

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to Joanie R

The tale of abuse to humans and animals is so disturbing. That man is one death away from prison or his own death.

Henri Jean wow those pictures are awesome.

Edited by southgirl on 08-19-15 07:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

Thank you south girl. I love to take pictures and on this particular cruise we traded a lot with other people on the ship so I came home with a lot more than usual but I tried to mark pages where other people contributed photos. The ones on these pages are all mine.

Only have 4 more pages of Myanmar to post and then - on to posting India!

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Henri - Your sunset pictures are amazing!

Ali - I agree with Henri - you need to talk with someone on the PD that is a friend and give them all the info you know. I know if your MIL finds out, she'll be upset, but seriously, you need to do what you need to ensure your family's safety. And even if you have to move, then so be it. You might be better off in the long run. So sorry you're going through all of this. I'll be praying for you.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Joanie R

Dave's stomach has been bothering him so the gastro dr said for dave to go back to the emergency room & see if he need to be admitted again.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

Linda, I am so sorry to hear that Dave is still having problems. I do hope that this is nothing serious.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

thanks Ali well it has been some time that things don't sound good to eat to him.. even his favs.. he has not been eating nearly as much as normal. like they don't sound like they taste good even if they do. he has lost weight because of this. He is down to 133.. he is normally 172 & he is 6 '3. I sure hope it is nothing serious either.. I hope it is something like meds.....he always had sick to stomach from his back pills but it is always gone by noon. The dr did say his medications are making him sick to his stomach so maybe that is why he doesn't think anything sounds good like he used too. I hope it is something simple..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Glad he is gong back to the hospital to get it figured it out. Maybe they will pinpoint it quickly and send him back home. As much as I know he loves being home and you love having him at home, at the hospital they can identify and fix the problem. Poor thing.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Oh my goodness, Linda, I hope they figure it out soon. He's too big a guy to be that light! Praying for you both!

Expert
In response to anda11

Linda, I am sorry to hear Dave is unwell again. I do hope and pray they figure it all out soon.
Ali, I do hope your BIL is jailed soon, and continued prayers for your familys' safety. I am not good with words, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.(hugs)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to christiscraps61

Thanks guys.. they did admit him

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I do think I need to do some writing, but only in my journal. My personal "venting" book. I swear my regular journal knows the good, the bad, the ugly, the funny and everything else. I don't write in it every day, but I do usually write in it when I need to deal with some intense emotions or when I need to figure out how to handle something. I have one journal, my previous journal before the one I'm writing in now that covers the years of 2008-2014. There's a LOT in that journal about my BIL.

And if I'm working through intense emotions, and not able to write, I garden. I have a journal entry in my old journal labeled "Gardening is cheaper than Therapy". It's true. You'd be amazed at how many frustrations you can take out on weeds and no one cares. The added benefit to taking your frustrations out on weeds is that your plants are healthier. LOL.

I often wonder if newspapers THINK about the effects of articles BEFORE they publish them. Our local paper only comes out once a week, we're a "small town". And I realize that they want to sell papers, so they put articles on the front page to "grab attention" and cause people to want to buy a paper. However, an innocent trip to the grocery store today was a nightmare. I ended up leaving the store without buying most of what I went in there to get. I wanted to make taco salad for dinner tonight, but in the produce section I saw people with today's paper. I'm looking at the salad mix and begin having people asking me "Isn't that your brother that tried to kill his mom?" My response was, "no, it's my BIL. " and they kept asking me, "what happened?" etc. and finally I said, "I just want to buy my groceries, ok." I ended up leaving the produce isle WITHOUT my salad mix. I then went to get another box of shells to go with the one I had at the house, and ran into more people asking me the same questions. I didn't get my shells. And it happened again on the dairy isle, so I didn't get my eggs, milk, or cheese! I left that store with newspapers, 2 boxes of snack cakes, 2 bottles of soda, and a can of fish. I then went to our other grocery store, hoping for better results. NO!!! I had people start hounding me as soon as I walked in the door! I had store employees practically yelling me, "I'm sorry to hear about your brother". I just wanted to buy groceries! I left without buying anything from that store and came home. Once home, I swear the phone will not stop ringing. Even though we have an unlisted number, many people do know it because my MIL is a pastor and my husband is a musician in the church. I ended up making hamburgers for dinner without any lettuce and some French fries to go with it. I simply HAVE to get some milk, eggs, and a few other things before next week, but now I really dread going to the store. And after my MIL and DH left for church, I put the phone on mute! It will light up if someone calls, but if it isn't a family member, I'm not answering.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Your husband is 6' 3", and weighs how much? Yikes! Am glad he's been admitted; hope he finds out what is going on.....

Edited by suebird on 08-20-15 05:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

Maybe they can get to the bottom of what is causing such gastro problems. One thing I learned 20 years ago from my oncologist was that it wasn't the mention of food that would make me want to eat. My grandmother complained that I didn't even want to eat my favorite foods anymore. I was so sick from the meds that the thought of food was "yuck". They taught her that it was the smell, sight, and texture of the food that she should use to appeal to me. If something has an enticing smell, or appearance then I was more likely to try to eat it. Also, if calories are an issue, there are simple ways to increase his calories. One way is to purchase the milk you normally use. Then purchase powdered milk. Do not mix the powdered milk with water as the instructions say, instead mix it with that amount of milk. That increases the calories, the calcium, and the protein. When making Mac and cheese, or other recipes that use milk, use the milk mix instead of your normal milk. You can find these types of recipes on the National Institute for Cancer Research website. They have a lot of good recipes there. Also, if he refuses to eat anything, try this trick. Mix up the milk I mentioned earlier. Purchase some Carnation Instant Breakfast in a flavor he likes and use the milk mix to make the Instant Breakfast. Then, using a blender, pour the Instant breakfast in and add a scoop of ice cream (regular or sugar free). Also, they do make sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast. Yet another high calorie food is Chef Boyardee Beefaroni or Ravioli. Each of those little cans is 2 servings, yet a full can fills 1 normal cereal bowl. That bowl is over 500 calories. I hope some of this might can help him when he returns home.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Sorry you are getting all the unwanted attention Ali. People just don't think. I believe you are right - the goal is to sell newspapers and no one thinks of the consequence to the family.

Wish you could take your family and get away for a few days. Sounds like all of you could probably use a bit of a break from this and be gone until it blows over.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 245 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 246 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 247 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 248 - Myanmar (Burma) By Henri Jean

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I love the rural pics and the boy getting a haircut. So much fun to see.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

hi guys Dave is coming home tomorrow. they are doing another test tomorrow. They thought it might be this one bad thing but after the test it was not thankfully.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Yay, anda.

I worked for 2 days on an idea I had for a diorama or shadow box card. Wasted my gold and shiny black paper. The idea is a good one but I think I will use plain paper and do some more adjusting. Or maybe not,

Edited by southgirl on 08-21-15 03:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to southgirl

I am so glad to hear that Linda!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

What good news Linda. Hopefully they have it pinpointed and now can treat whatever has been making him feel so bad!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

If anyone notices a typo or other error on any of my pages, please write in comments (don't care if others see it) or pm me - I print my books and if the errors are pointed out to me I am able to fix them before the books are printed! If you show me my mistakes, that would be very kind and very much appreciated.

World Cruise Page 249 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 251 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 250 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 252 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I have been to garage sales with my buddies all day. Bought nothing but some more paper at LSS. Like I need more paper. 2 pads of black and white paper, black and silver glitter paper, red flocked paper, black flocked paper and some really small pearls.

I got a new die and made this card last night.

Pink Pearl Lattice Card By Southgirl

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to southgirl

I have been scrapping here and there over the past two weeks when I have bits of time. Last night I had all of my layouts completed and went to work on journaling all of them. Tonight I got 32 pages all finished and put into protectors. I am feeling soooo good about that!! My one son had room in his album so his pages are all put away. I am going to need to purchase an album for my other son's layouts. I LOVE buying new albums! My next project is to work on a DC layout for my son's 8th grade trip there and I also need to scrap my other son's school trip to Yellowstone. Those pictures are on their way to me from Snapfish.
Henri-My DH is my official scrapbook journaling proofreader. I type all my journaling and then print in on copy paper first for him to check over.

Edited by Vintageivy on 08-21-15 04:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vintageivy

It is so good that your husband will do that! My husband doesn't enjoy reading very much and wouldn't catch any errors. He thinks everything is perfect. No help form him at all.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 253 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 254 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 255 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 256 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

one of the ladies that owns the scrapbook store just pass away. she was in a motorcycle accident last Tuesday and took her to the hospital. today she pass away. it is sad but I am glad I got to meet her and she was a really nice lady.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I put aside my shadow box/ diorama card. Started on a black and white and red album for a friend's xmas present. Then got distracted and put some old pictures in really small frames and intend to glue them on a wreath for my front door. I usually don't have more than one project at a time. Just found the small frames and decided to do that. Went to Office depot and bought a new crafting/desk chair and a cart for my dies to go in when I go to crops.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I am just checking in Dave came home from the hospital yesterday. I still need to read some posts here He is so glad to be home. there a a ton of posts I missed

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

What good news Linda! Did they figure out what was making him feel sick so it could be fixed?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 257 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 258 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 259 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 260 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Henri Jean the picture with the guys ironing makes me think how it must of smelled. Love the guy with the "eco friendly" iron. It looks really heavy.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

Funny about the smell. Actually there really wasn't a smell because the room was open in most places. They had to have as much ventilation as possible (no air conditioning) so it was almost like a pavilion with completely open wall except for the walls with the electricity where the irons were.

I hadn't thought about it but if it had been closed in - it would not have smelled good!

I did not walk to the places where the men were ironing, I didn't go much further than the center of the room so I was always in a place with a good breeze blowing through.

One of our friends was curious about the coal fueled iron and the man actually let her try it. She said it was really heavy!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
What good news Linda! Did they figure out what was making him feel sick so it could be fixed?

Yes they did.. it is a stomach paralysis thing. different people can have it in different degrees. It can happen after 4 mos & have an episode.
They do have meds for it. I saw one diet plan & it looked like our normal meals with a couple changes. Then I saw one where you could only eat a few different things. That is probably for someone who has it very badly or when you are in an episode maybe. Dave thinks his is mild.. ( thankfully) He has an appt tomorrow to discuss all of this. But he has been eating more than he was & his stomach did not bother him

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
If anyone notices a typo or other error on any of my pages, please write in comments (don't care if others see it) or pm me - I print my books and if the errors are pointed out to me I am able to fix them before the books are printed! If you show me my mistakes, that would be very kind and very much appreciated.

World Cruise Page 249 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 251 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 250 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 252 - Sri Lanka By Henri Jean

These are fabulous pages Henri More unusual & incredible photos & stories I love the backgrounds too The yellow is pretty & so is the design

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

World Cruise Page 261 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 262 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 263 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 264 - Cochin, India By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

summer By Southern Lady

christmas By Southern Lady

Mingo08
Veteran
Mingo08

Wow - you all got chatty while I was overwhelmed here at home with happenings! Trying to catch up!

Henri Jean - Seriously, you scrap faster than I can read! Love the photos, but I'm gonna need a less-busy couple of weeks to have time to read them. I'm sure they are wonderful though! DH is my proofreader, though he only catches things *after* I've got them written. I still need to change a Thanksgiving LO from "road" to "rode." I know the difference, but I often type/write phonetically anyway.

Had our two-day scrap that I organize this weekend. I got my DD's high school book started. We homeschool, so I have no guidelines, but I'm happy with what I've got. Still some details to complete. It's in pocket pages (mostly) so I'm not sure how I'll get them photographed without glare. Sigh. But I'm happy that I've gotten one year finished, a plan for things going forward, and themes established. I chose to put "general" photos in a freshman year section, then have thematic sections for drama, field trips (aka vacations!), library group, MUA (make-up art projects), and science.

Our two-day crops are held at a church and we just give a $15 goodwill donation for the space. On our monthly Friday night crops, the donation is $5. Pretty easy.

I've worked the yarn shop a couple of days and taught a 3-person beginning knitting class. My in-laws are coming next week for a visit, then we'll be traveling.

I'll try to pop in and keep up, but it will be sporadic from now until the end of September, I fear! Especially with the travel.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mingo08

I'm digital scrapping Mingo and that goes fast for me. Actually all the ones I've posted this year were completed on the ship on sea days. That is really easy for me - I can get so much done while at sea. Also, my husband plays chess most nights, a couple nights until 4AM.

I can'digi-scrap in our cabin or take my computer and sit near him and scrap while he plays chess. The other wives work on puzzles in the library where they play chess.

That really allows me to get a lot done.

Since I got home from the last cruise I've done almost no pages, I just got a lot done on the ship (440 pages). I got the entire cruise scrapped except for Israel because I wanted to do so much Biblical research on it. There was a lot I wanted to do for Israel that required the internet so I held off on that port. I did the rest on the ship.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise - Page 265 By Henri Jean

World Cruise - Page 266 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise - Page 267 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise - Page 268 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to MrsD2008

I am working on a LO for the Rendezvous committee scrapbook. Husband came up with an idea for one page. I don't need to journal it, as the page 'speaks for itself'---it is comprised of the flyers we had printed up.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

World Cruise Page 271 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 272 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 270 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 269 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

Expert

Well done on all those stairs Henri!
I don't mind walking up steps, I find coming down harder because I broke my ankle a few years ago and it doesn't like it when I walk down stairs
That was very nice of the store keeper to pop your coke back in the fridge for you. I love reading all your stories.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I'm just popping in to check in and try to catch up on a few posts. Today is my first day without a cigarette, so I'm fixing to hunt down my bag of twizzlers and find a video game to play so my brain stops saying, "I have smoke now?" It's been asking me that all day, and I keep saying, "No, you don't need one." It seems to get upset when I tell it that, lol.

Expert

You can do it Ali ! We'll all be cheering you on!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Good luck Ali - I'm jumping up and down waving my pom poms to cheer you on! Go ALi!!!!!!!!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Thanks everyone. Ultimately, I did this for all the right reasons...simply put, I like breathing and want to keep doing it. But what's ironic, I had cigarette coupons come in the mail the day before I quit AND yesterday. In fact, yesterday that was the only mail in the box. Talk about irritating. When I saw the mail my brain instantly began saying, "ooh, I like those they taste good". My response was "shut up already, you're not getting one." Yes, I have silent conversations with myself at the moment. I'm not nuts, it's just that my brain keeps wanting cigarettes and I keep refusing to give in. My DH woke me up this morning to open something for him so he could take his pain medicine for his broke hand, and as soon as I opened that jar for him my brain began saying, "I have smoke now?" It wasn't daylight yet so my response was, "no, we're going back to sleep now". I find that I am more "tired" the past two days. Yesterday I took a nap and had a weird dream about Big Red chewing gum. Oh well, at least I wasn't dreaming about Marlboro's. This morning I had an odd dream about a baby who was about a month old and wore really cute glasses. It was a cute baby too, and it wasn't mine, but I was having fun playing with it and rocking it. But again, at least I wasn't dreaming about cigarettes. When I got up and poured my coffee and sat down with the list of the boys classes for the day, my brain AGAIN said, "I have smoke now?" I told the boys, "guys you two have literature assignments for the day and when you're done with that, I want you to begin work on your smash book school memory books." Basically, I assigned them literature and art. Since we home school, their "year books" are more than just school stuff. Their books are about their life in general. And I've been collecting ideas for things they can do/include in their books for a while now on Pinterest. Here's a link if anyone is interested https://www.pinterest.com/flhomeschoolmom/homes chool-ye...

I have one for my own smash book/junk journal thing too. And I've got some boards for doll houses, recipes, decorating, scrapbooking and cards...

Have a great day everyone.

suebird
Expert
suebird

I think I am done with the one LO for the Re-enactment committee. Still have other LO's 'spinning' through my mind.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

I finished gluing small frames with very old family pictures (yes, they are copies) in them to a wood embroidery hoop. The plan was to use some green burlap ribbon to tie in the gaps. But....I can't find it. So HL gets a trip as soon as I feel up to it. Maybe tomorrow? Will post pictures as soon as I get the ribbon.

Starting a black, white and red mini album now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

Hi guys Dave had to go back to the hospital yesterday. We think that they sent Dave home too soon after the stomach tests.. They are not sure what he has but they are seeing if it the stomach paralysis thing. All of his tests are clean. onew of his His dr said his naueus was from meds.. This ha been happening for about 6 mos.. he has not been eating right or enough either for months. He has kept losing wieght.. I told you he is down too 133 when he is normally 172 I do not know why his main dr didn't say anything about his weight. he has had him for years. He sent him home after a few days since there was nothing specifically to do.. he is emaciated. When I saw him standing from he side yesterday.... I am in tears.. he has about 5 folds of skin flaps from losing so much weight. of course his stomach happened again...he went back to dr.. I said lift up his shirt... thankfully he sent him back to the hospital. we would have taken him if he didn't.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

Oh Linda, I am so sorry that Dave had to go back to the hospital. I do hope they can help him, and soon.

Expert
In response to anda11

Oh Linda, I do hope and pray that the doctors figure this out soon.
Poor Dave, what an ordeal to be going through.
And very draining and worrying for you too!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Linda, I'm so sorry Dave is having so much trouble. There is nothing worse than being nauseous. And loosing weight like that - he needs someone to help figure out what is going on!

Ali - congratulations on making through another day smoke free. It is not easy but I'm thrilled that you are sticking with it. Your lungs will be too and your kids will be too because you will be around a whole lot longer for them.

Go Ali!

suebird
Expert
suebird

Ya know, Linda.....I just had a thought: has he tried chewing gum any?

Reason I ask is I'd read an article---don't ask where---that stated chewing um helps the peristalsis 'kick in' after gut surgery. I'd read it around the time my aunt was in the hospital.

Yes, article was mentioned in a nursing journal.

Can't hurt, eh?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

Thanks guys he has been eating much more & they are trying to see if it is his meds. I will tell him about chewing gum.. he did have anuerysym surgery on his abdomen recently but this stomach has been happening for many months. now they are concerned with his gaining weight finally if it is his meds..then they can switch that & he can want to eat again. I hope it is his meds

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

Oh Linda, I am so sorry that Dave had to go back to the hospital

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics