Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to southern lady

Linda, at least he can try and see if it works; may take a day or two. In the meantime, I'll look up the article.

My husband is 6' 6", weighs about 165-170; his metabolism is so high, it stinks. The running joke over here is: when we got married, my MIL turned to me, smiled, and said, 'He's your problem now!' She was jokingly referencing how much he eats.

Now I have an idea for another LO......

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 273 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 274 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 275 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 276 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

I finished my retro Christmas configurations book last night! Also, I added an embellishment to a page from the Harry Potter scrapbook (made a beer mug with my Cameo and Glossy Accents to add to the Butterbeer page).

I need to upload that album to the gallery, but it's 65 pages and I don't want to spam the gallery, I need to look into what would happen if I upload it into a single project.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

well he ate some stuff yesterday.. he had a sweet roll at breakfast.. he had some chicken for lunch & he had some spaghetti for dinner.. .. ( not a full portion) & he called my dd to bring him a root bear float. He has had some ensure shakes & some coffee He had some breakfast today They took him off of the one pain pill. I am so excited he wants to eat.. He has not wanted to for months. I hope it continues

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

This sounds like such good news Linda!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I sure hope it does

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

That sounds like great news Linda! One pain med that I'm noticing is affecting my DH's eating (which imho isn't a bad thing necessarily since he's 6'1" and 355) is Lortab 7.5. His orthopedist gave him that for his broken and fractured hand (he has one clean solid break in his 5th meta carpal and a fracture in his 5th phalange). His meds say to take with food, however he has lost much of his appetite and he hates the meds to boot.

The ensure is a good thing for your DH. Boost would also work and has much better flavors. I had to use Boost and Ensure when I was pregnant with DS #2 because I somehow managed to loose weight. My doctor had me drinking 2-3 of those a day between meals. Then we found out that apparently I hadn't lost weight, because every pregnant woman in the office was showing the same amount of weight loss....turned out, their scales were messed up. BUT I did gain 10 pounds in 4 weeks according to my home scales and according to the doctor's scales I had gained 20.

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 08-28-15 11:12 AM
In response to anda11

I hope he continues to feel better!

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to ckair

Lortab is fancy named Vicodin, as I say. That stuff will cause 'binding', too.

Glad to know husband is eating. Don't eat too much, too fast; go slow!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

Today is day number 4 without smokes. So far, I'm finding that I'm easily agitated today which isn't a good thing. DS #2 is in the living room playing LBP 2, DS #1 is in his room with his Wii U, and I'm having to use my DH's laptop in the living room because the DH is asleep in our room where my computer is. And for some reason, the game music/sound of the LBP2 is like scraping finger nails down a chalk board this morning. I vow to not take my "irritations" out on my family members while quitting smoking, so I find that I keep walking outside in the yard to "cool off". However, it now looks like it's fixing to start pouring rain.

I haven't gotten any scrapping/crafting done in so long now. With all the issues with my BIL, my DH having a broken hand, and me quitting smoking I seem to have lost my mojo.

It appears at the moment as though our family will be attending a funeral before long. The BIL that is in jail for attempting to kill his mom is dying. He is in the end stages of Hepatitis C. He has absolutely no memory of assaulting his mom, of one of his friends being here that day, or of my DH knocking the daylights out of him. The DA has refused to allow my MIL to see him since she was the victim of the assault. However, she got a phone call yesterday that the local sheriff is going to over look the DA's refusal to let her see him because as they put it, "he doesn't have long to live and it's only right for his mom to be able to see him at least once before he dies if she wishes too." I don't blame her for wanting to see her son, he is her son. However, all things considered, I still have no desire to see him. And, as heartless as this might sound, I told my DH last night that if my feelings don't change then I don't want to attend his funeral either. Maybe it's wrong to feel the way I do, but I feel like when he's gone the world will be a safer place.

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Sorry to hear of the latest turn of events, but I can understand what you are saying.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

Hey guys
when Dave started he didn't eat all of the portions but I didn't care he was eating Every day since..he has eaten more than the day before He sure is more perkier I am so happy I have cleaned off my scrap table so I can finally make his birthday card That is what I am going to work on today I know I need to read some posts yet too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have it cut. I just need to glue it.

Expert
In response to anda11

Great news Linda, I hope Dave continues to improve.
Ali, I think it would be normal to feel the way you do about BIL after all he has put your family through. I too understand that feeling!
You're doing wonderfully with the quit smoking! Go Ali !!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Today is day number 4 without smokes. So far, I'm finding that I'm easily agitated today which isn't a good thing. DS #2 is in the living room playing LBP 2, DS #1 is in his room with his Wii U, and I'm having to use my DH's laptop in the living room because the DH is asleep in our room where my computer is. And for some reason, the game music/sound of the LBP2 is like scraping finger nails down a chalk board this morning. I vow to not take my "irritations" out on my family members while quitting smoking, so I find that I keep walking outside in the yard to "cool off". However, it now looks like it's fixing to start pouring rain.

I haven't gotten any scrapping/crafting done in so long now. With all the issues with my BIL, my DH having a broken hand, and me quitting smoking I seem to have lost my mojo.

It appears at the moment as though our family will be attending a funeral before long. The BIL that is in jail for attempting to kill his mom is dying. He is in the end stages of Hepatitis C. He has absolutely no memory of assaulting his mom, of one of his friends being here that day, or of my DH knocking the daylights out of him. The DA has refused to allow my MIL to see him since she was the victim of the assault. However, she got a phone call yesterday that the local sheriff is going to over look the DA's refusal to let her see him because as they put it, "he doesn't have long to live and it's only right for his mom to be able to see him at least once before he dies if she wishes too." I don't blame her for wanting to see her son, he is her son. However, all things considered, I still have no desire to see him. And, as heartless as this might sound, I told my DH last night that if my feelings don't change then I don't want to attend his funeral either. Maybe it's wrong to feel the way I do, but I feel like when he's gone the world will be a safer place.

whoohoo on day 4 of no smokes
To be honest.. I think this is a blessing in disguise.. he has terrified your family for far too many years.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I was waiting for it to dry & now I have a bit more to adhere & then I am done

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Day 4! What great news! Just take it one day at a time and get through each day. It is so worth it!

Sorry your brother-in-law is dying but where he is concerned, it doesn't sound like there was going to be any kind of happy ending. Not for him and not for any of the family members.

Sometimes closure is just the best thing.

No matter what our kids do we still love them. Or so I've been told - its never been tested on me but I can't imagine ever not loving them so I understand her wanting to see him.

Understand you not wanting to go to the funeral but I'm not sure I'm with you on that one. I hope you do whatever it takes to support your husband and what he wants when the time comes. Sounds like he may really need your support that day. The funeral will be over with quickly and then you never have to deal with anything pertaining to your brother-in-law again. But your husband may want to lean on you a bit that day.

As angry as he is at his brother and as much as he doesn't want a relationship with his brother, when he dies there will still probably be some feelings. It was still his brother. You may have to put your feelings aside and do this for your husband if he wants you there. If you don't you may make a situation that is already hard on your husband even harder.

Has there been any word of how long he has left?

Mingo08
Veteran
Mingo08

A couple of quick thoughts - I'm sorry I've not been on much lately and that trend will continue through September with family visits and travel!

I'll second Henri Jean, Ali, that you might need to be there for your DH when the time comes. I do hope things find a positive resolution with his mother, your own feelings, and DH's. It's a tough scenario and I will keep you in my prayers!

And Ali - congrats on day 4 (today would be five?) Woohoo! It's not easy, I'm sure, but you CAN do it!

Linda - I'm SO happy to hear that your husband is eating again and things are looking better! I've not been here long enough to follow the entire saga, but saga it is! Yey!

So, if I go AWOL for a while, pardon me! We have family coming in unexpectedly this week, then the following week we take off for a two-week family travel. I'll try to pop on when I can, but I never know when I'll have time. Definitely not joining challenges in September, either. There will be no scrapping time I fear - but I'll take photos enough to keep me busy through winter!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I messed up the card but I didn't care for it anyway I have decided which card I am changing it to.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have the cute stuff printed I just need to make them into a card

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

I am so frustrated on house hunt. we haven't found the house yet and I just don't know what to do. we been look around.

suebird
Veteran
suebird

I did a lot this weekend, but did diddly in the way of scrapping. You know....full of good intentions. Went to Michaels, and walked out. Yes, it does happen. I just couldn't justify buying anything.

Still have quite a few ideas for LO's. Of course, there are the LO's for the Rendezvous, a few more I had planned that included my husband..... I'll get to them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

We had a large Michaels and it seemed I could always find anything there - never left empty handed. They moved into the old Books-A-Million store when it closed and it seems much smaller. The scrapbook section is almost non-existent so I don't shop there anymore. Even Joann seems to have nothing new very often. Its not uncommon for me to leave without buying anything.

Maybe I've been doing this for so long that I have all the "needs" and there just aren't that many more "wants".

World Cruise Page 277 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 278 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 279 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 280 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

suebird
Veteran
suebird

I had to pay the cable bill, and went again anyhow.
Needed some embroidery thread, so I can work on my skirt.

If the paper sale is good, I'll bite. If I see anything on clearance, same thing.

Now to 'do' something......

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to suebird

grandma and me By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

good afternoon I just got my table cleaned again so I am going make the card that I printed stuff for yesterday

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Show us when you finish!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise page 281 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 282 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 283 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 284 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am planning on being in my scrap room today I never finished the card last night but I hope to in a short while I still need to read lots of posts here

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to anda11

Am sitting at the 'work table' as I type. Had good ideas, and now forgot them.

went to dad's this morning; had camera with me. Had a good photo opportunity, and missed that. I can't win for losing.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
I am so frustrated on house hunt. we haven't found the house yet and I just don't know what to do. we been look around.

I am so very very sorry that you have not been able to find a new home yet. I sure hope you find one ASAP.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
I did a lot this weekend, but did diddly in the way of scrapping. You know....full of good intentions. Went to Michaels, and walked out. Yes, it does happen. I just couldn't justify buying anything.

Still have quite a few ideas for LO's. Of course, there are the LO's for the Rendezvous, a few more I had planned that included my husband..... I'll get to them.

I am sorry that you haven't been able to scrap. I sure hope that you will be able to scrap soon

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

I am so very very sorry that you have not been able to find a new home yet. I sure hope you find one ASAP.

thanks a lot

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I did not finish my card because Dave came home today It was good to visit with him for a couple hours. They wanted him to go to a nursing home but he went to Angela's instead for a while. he has still been eating great & eating lots more. Things are sounding good to him again He looks great It will be much easier for ang to do it at her home instead of trying to do it here like sh e has been here. she wants to keep up on his intake & make sure he is doing it all. : )

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I did not finish my card because Dave came home today It was good to visit with him for a couple hours. They wanted him to go to a nursing home but he went to Angela's instead for a while. he has still been eating great & eating lots more. Things are sounding good to him again He looks great It will be much easier for ang to do it at her home instead of trying to do it here like sh e has been here. she wants to keep up on his intake & make sure he is doing it all. : )

I am glad your husband is doing better

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is great news Linda!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 285 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 286 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 287 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 288 - Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

LAST 4 PAGES OF INDIA!!!!!

World Cruise page 289 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 290 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 291 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 292 Mumbai, India By Henri Jean

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

• Henri Jean Said:
Day 4! What great news! Just take it one day at a time and get through each day. It is so worth it!

Sorry your brother-in-law is dying but where he is concerned, it doesn't sound like there was going to be any kind of happy ending. Not for him and not for any of the family members.

Sometimes closure is just the best thing.

No matter what our kids do we still love them. Or so I've been told - its never been tested on me but I can't imagine ever not loving them so I understand her wanting to see him.

Understand you not wanting to go to the funeral but I'm not sure I'm with you on that one. I hope you do whatever it takes to support your husband and what he wants when the time comes. Sounds like he may really need your support that day. The funeral will be over with quickly and then you never have to deal with anything pertaining to your brother-in-law again. But your husband may want to lean on you a bit that day.

As angry as he is at his brother and as much as he doesn't want a relationship with his brother, when he dies there will still probably be some feelings. It was still his brother. You may have to put your feelings aside and do this for your husband if he wants you there. If you don't you may make a situation that is already hard on your husband even harder.

Has there been any word of how long he has left?

I understand my MIL wanting to see her son, he is her son. I even understand her forgiving him and trying to make excuses for what he did. I even understand her not wanting to REALLY believe that he REALLY DID intend to kill her that day. And honestly, I hope she can get to see him simply BECAUSE it is her son.

As for the funeral, I would attend if my DH wished for me to. I do not despise my BIL, I just REALLY don't like him at the moment. This is not the first time he has ticked me off really badly and I've always gotten over it in the past. Despite all of the horrible things he's done over the years, I've always been someone that he has felt he could trust and confide in. I don't know why he has felt that way at times, specifically when during a drinking binge years ago I told him "You are the last person I want to see, now go away". Ah, I was being honest with him that day because he drank my son's Robitussin trying to get a "fix". Ugh, they do not put alcohol, etc. in children's Robitussin.

I knew my BIL was dying before he went to jail. He told my DH that he was in the end stages of the Hep C and that since his insurance won't pay for the newest treatment, and as his doctors put it, that was his only hope...then he had less than a year. About a month or so later, he came over and asked me for a cigarette and he looked like he had been crying so I asked him what was wrong, he told me, "I just found out that my kidney's are shutting down". I found that to be both sad, and ironic. Karma is something else....he used to steal pain meds from his adoptive father when the man was dying of kidney failure. Now, he is finding himself in a similar boat.

Honestly, I think I know what happened that led to the assault on my MIL. He had been on a drinking/using binge for a few days. And after the assault, I was asked to go into the camper he lived in and turn off the AC, fan, etc. to save on the power bill. From the looks of things, he had been binging on nothing but alcohol, pills, and cigarettes for a while. The alcohol was a kind that is also an "energy drink" so it contains caffeine and guarine as well as alcohol. I honestly think he was trying to commit suicide and he simply mixed the wrong cocktail and instead of it doing HIM in, it made him aggressively hostile.

The sheriff said that when he was told what he did, what happened, etc. that he broke down in tears and said he couldn't believe that he tried to hurt his mom. When he found out that my DH broke his hand on his head, he said "I don't blame my brother for hitting me, maybe he knocked some sense back into me, but at least he stopped me from killing my mom." He said that he doesn't want to get out of jail, that if he attacked her like that, then he needs to remain behind bars.

And my DH has reminded me and our kids about some of the much nicer things my BIL has done. It's true, he's not a completely horrible person, he does have some great qualities. Unfortunately, a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse has taken its toll.

As for how long he has left, that depends on how rapidly his liver and kidney's continue to shut down. If they deteriorate quickly, then probably a couple of months. If it's a slower rate, then maybe 6-8 months.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Today marks day 8 of no smokes! I think technically it's day 9, but it's easier to calculate 1 week and 1 day, so that's 8. But if you do something on Wednesday of week 1 and you continue to do it every day until Wednesday of week 2, that is also 8. I learned that due to Methotrexate shots 20 years ago. My cycles would begin on day x of week 1 and the 8th and last shot of the cycle would be on the same day of the following week.

I still have moments of wanting a cigarette. I've also made a doctor's appointment for next Tuesday (that's the earliest they can get me in) because although my coughing fits have stopped, my left side hurts like crazy. And the last time my side hurt like this, and it wasn't from a fall, it was from bronchitis. Then two days after I go to the doctor, I have a dentist appointment. Oh well, hopefully I can get rid of a tooth that has been driving me batty.

Linda, I'm so glad to hear that your DH is doing so much better. YAY!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I can't even imagine what you have been through Ali. I can't imagine the hurt and pain your family is going through.

It is just so sad but it sounds like everyone is dealing with it in the best way they can.

You have been so open sharing with us here and I am glad you are comfortable doing that. I can't do anything but listen because I've not been in a situation similar.

We've had some things in our family that will forever leave our family with scars and its sad.

suebird
Veteran
suebird

Ali, all I can do is send you hugs.

Have gotten some scrapping done. Yay! I should go through some old pictures I have.....

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

I guess I handle a lot of things the way I do because of how I grew up. I was raised by my maternal grandparents because my birth mom had a bad drug and alcohol problem and was well...abusive. The man she was married to at the time, my sister's father, was equally abusive. My grandparents got permanent legal custody of me when I was 4 and weighed only 24 pounds. My sister's paternal grandparents got custody of her. Our grandparents ensured that we "grew up together" even though we never again lived in the same house. They would arrange for us to spend weekends with each other, attend each other's birthday parties, get together for holidays, and attend the same schools. When I got diagnosed with cancer, my sister's grandmother brought her to the hospital after my major surgery. It was nice to see my sister, but not so nice that she tickled me after me having a cescerian to remove a tumor. LOL.

My mom got clean and stayed clean for a long time. It was great when she was clean. But, in 2002 she went back to using and then it was my baby brother that paid the consequences. By the time he was 12, he was living in a group home because none of the family could take him. My sister and I refused to take him because he proved to be a potential danger to other children. An Aunt and Uncle with no children tried to raise him, but when they grounded him, he told them he was going to kill them. They got him into a group home and they got him counseling and a LOT of stuff came out of abuse he endured while with our mom that none of us knew about.

My mom is clean now, but that's because she's in a nursing home. She can't abuse her medications or alcohol. She wants to come and live with one of her kids, but all 3 of us refuse. THAT is sad.

I learned a LONG time ago that it does little good to pretend that everything in the world is "perfect" when in reality, it's crumbling.

Both my DH and my MIL know that they can talk to me about my BiL. And both have, both have shared the good and the bad and I mostly listen. I know my DH is going to be very sad when his brother passes away, that brother half raised my DH because his mom and dad were gone a lot. When I listen to my DH talk about his childhood, it's awful. The BIL that is in jail is the one who taught my DH how to tie his shoes, helped potty train him, etc. So...yeah...this is hard on my DH.

Tonight we are having sub sandwiches for supper, so I've decided that I'm going to go digging though my craft stuff and *hopefully* I'll be able to get something crafty done!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 293 - Pirate Warning Letter By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 294 - Pirate Crew Drill By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 293 - Itinerary Chages because of Pirate risk By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 293 - Dubai By Henri Jean

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Wow, pirates! I love the BG that you put the letters on, but I do hope that you made the trip with no "incidents". I just love looking at your LO's.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have some fabulous news Dave gained 5 lbs already That didn't take too long I am planning on working on something scrappy today

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

I'm so glad he's doing so well!!! Tell him to keep up the good work, lol. I know this makes you feel so much better Linda.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Thanks Ali you are right. It does make me feel better & happier

my guitar page is calling my name but I really need to finish Dave's birthday & anniversary cards & the page for his gift

Edited by anda11 on 09-04-15 12:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to anda11

Glad to hear the news. Did he try the chewing gum bit?

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl
In response to suebird

I have been ill so haven't played much but I did get my family wreath done. I really like the burlap, lace and pearl ribbon on it. I ran out of ribbon to make the bow but I think I like it without a bow. What do y'all think?

Old Pictures Wreath By Southgirl

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to southgirl

Ok, I've gotten caught up on getting the two newspapers from August 19th done away with. I had them sitting around to "document" the family drama that made front page news. And I waited until some of my anger and agitation chilled out before journaling anything about it. Not what I would call the greatest start to getting back to scrapping, but at least now I don't have both newspapers staring me in the face every time I sit down at my desk.

Attempted Murder!! Really??? By Flhomeschoolmom

Now, on to more "happy" crafting.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

just checking in with my card report I had been wanting to stamp the greeting but every time I tried I messed it up so I happily changed to my cameo. I just cut out a cool 30s font & it looks so good on it. all I have to do is distress the edges & ink them too & then adhere everything he is going t o love it I used a photo of a pedal car with kid from the 30s. I found catalog pages of the same type cars so I printed one to use on the card too

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

World Cruise Page 294 - Dubai By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 295 - Dubai By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 296 - Dubai By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 297 - Dubai By Henri Jean

suebird
Veteran
suebird

Well, got part of one LO done and am 'thunking' about another. I've done one LO of 'The 3 Booshways' for the Rendezvous Committee book, but really should do one for our own. So....part of my plans today is to head to the local stamp shop (not really local, but close enough) and see what's new.

The new event is next weekend. I expect more pictures.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

thunking - I like that word.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I've been thunking all day. It's now after 6 PM, and I've got to get supper cooked...but haven't yet rewashed the skillet from breakfast this morning (only have 1 good cast iron skillet). I need to get off my lazy batookus and get busy, but I keep getting lost on this site and Pinterest and for a bit I got side tracked by showing my youngest son my Junk Journal/Art Journal/Smash book. Then I got an idea of something I wanted to add to it, drug out my supplies and the phone rang. I got off the phone and then got a craving for something sweet so I went looking on Pinterest......it's a vicious cycle. But I WILL get supper cooked and I WILL craft.

Today was not a good day for not smoking....I fell off the wagon. Anyone want to give me 40 lashes with wet twine? I know I shouldn't have done it, but I did dode it. My 14 yr. old caught me too and gave me one heck of a lecture. Actually, he over stepped his bounds and said, "What are you doing? You're smoking aren't you? Put it out right now or I'm going to take it away from you and put it out myself. You're not allowed to smoke and you know it." He would have been fine had he not added those last two sentences. Instead of me saying, "you're right and I shouldn't be", I said, "The last time I checked I was still the Mom in this house, YOU don't tell me what to do and now your LBP 2 game is off limits for the rest of the day, now go to your room."

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

just checking in I have the card distressed & I am almost done inking. Then I can adhere everything Hey guys I know I am missing lots of posts but I will catch up later

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Oh Ali - I'm sorry you fell off. Won't give you any lashes with wet twice because I know you are already beating yourself up.

You have a son who cares a lot about you. He sounds like a responsible young man.

suebird
Veteran
suebird

Thanks, Henry Jean! Hope you use the term a lot, also.

And Ali? As for 'falling off the wagon'? No-one's going to get any lashes from me. End of subject. Love your comment to your son. Until the day she died, my mom would still pull stuff like that....despite my age.

I have 2 small cast iron skillets that need to be checked for next weekend. Am sure husband has checked on the cast iron dutch ovens. If not, a certain Boy Scout had better get himself in gear.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

I haven't used my cast iron skillet in years and I'm craving a pineapple upside cake and I will need it!

I need to get my skillet seasoned again.

suebird
Veteran
suebird

We use ours at re-enactments. The dutch oven I use at home? Got that at Aldi's. No need to season it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

My skillet has been used in so long - its showing a little rust. Need to get it taken care of. I can taste the pineapple upside cake already!

I don't cook with cast iron more often because it is so heavy!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

• Henri Jean Said:
I haven't used my cast iron skillet in years and I'm craving a pineapple upside cake and I will need it!

I need to get my skillet seasoned again.

Cast iron skillets do make the best pineapple upside down cakes, I learned that from my grandma. She used to use a large cast iron skillet to make hers, and everyone at our church used to ask her "Mrs. Vi, you are going to bring one of your pineapple cakes to the upcoming dinner aren't you?" She always knew that if the church was having a gathering, she'd have to bake a cake. Then her kids began asking for them when we would all get together for holidays and such.

I know how to make her cakes, but haven't done so in several years. Maybe I need to make one for Thanksgiving this year.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I honestly don't know how many years its been since I made a skillet upside cake. Don't know why they are so much better that way, but to me, they are.

I use an old recipe from Southern Living into he 60's or 70's.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl

I met a friend (YAY) at her house and we crafted. I made another envelope album with my new Graphic 45 Mon Amour paper. I also bought Steampunk Debutante and Gilded Lily. I wanted to get the Steampunk Spells but ran up to my budget limit. Maybe next week? I need to make the cover for my black, white and red envelope mini album but I need some black paper that has glitter swirls on it. A trip to Michaels and I should do that to day.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

Good morning dear friends I finally finished this card last night I think I made it a bit too dark in places.. Dave will still love it

Dave birthday card 2015 By Anda11

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

World Cruise page 298 - Dubai By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 299 - Dubai By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 300 - Dubai By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 301 - Dubai By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am going to see if I can catch up on part of my posts here & the heritage challenge

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well I only got some answered on my heritage challenge & I have not done any here yet cause Dave came over & we watched tv & did some stuff I am going to try & finish the card I am working on

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

• Henri Jean Said:
I honestly don't know how many years its been since I made a skillet upside cake. Don't know why they are so much better that way, but to me, they are.

I use an old recipe from Southern Living into he 60's or 70's.

I don't know how old my grandmother's recipe is, I only know that it is older than I am and I was born in 1979. It could be possible that you and she actually use the same recipe.

Now that I think about it....I need to get a copy of that recipe in her handwriting so I can scrapbook it.

suebird
Veteran
suebird

One dutch oven cleaned and seasoned. Thankfully, I save bacon grease.

Unfortunately, husband is the proverbial Messy Marvin the Moose at times. Note made to self: he is going to take better care of the dang things.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

Pool Time By Flhomeschoolmom

Ok, this is my oldest son when he was 11 months old. He's now 16. The photos were taken in June of 2000. The letter stickers that spell out "Pool Time" are some I've had for probably 5 or 6 years. I bought gobs of them and still have gobs of them left. The little bubbles on this LO are actually wall art stickers that were once upon a time in his bedroom back when he had Finding Nemo on his walls. I loved the little bubbles so much that I kept them to use on SOMETHING in the future. The rest of the Nemo stickers I passed on to my sister. The BG of this LO is actually done with color pencil. I did not have a suitable paper in my stash, so I made one. The photos are cut into circles because the edges of the photos were badly damaged from our house fire in 2001. At least the photos did survive!

Expert

I love your card Linda, the photo of the little boy in the pedal car is adorable.
Henri, what an amazing place, the wealth just boggles the mind!
Ali, that pool layout is so very cute

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to christiscraps61

Dubai does boggle the mind. Every mall we went into had a major attraction of some kind. This one had a completely snow village with a lot of ski lifts and tires and place for tobogganing. People were making snowballs and playing in the snow. I can't start to describe how big the snow village was! Just wish I could have gotten pictures to show it better. There were dozens of people skiing!

Another mall had a complete aquarium with tunnel to walk under the sharks and was 3 stories high! Three floors had aquarium displays and crocodiles and tank after tank of fish and things just like any major aquarium. The outside of the huge tank was there for everyone to enjoy but to get into the aquarium was about $35.00. The top floor even had aviary displays!

Another mall had a complete amusement park enclosed in glass with roller coaster that went up about 3 stories! We sat in the food court and watched people on the roller coaster and other amusement park rides.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I realized I had never uploaded this - this is the large Configurations book I made late last year as a Christmas gift for my husband, who's a chemist:

Configurations Book #5 (Chemistry) - Inside By Aquabunny

And here's the one I finished a few weeks ago, a retro-inspired Christmas Configuration:

Configurations Mini-Book #6 (Retro Christmas) - Inside By Aquabunny

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

2015 World Cruise - Page 302 - Dubai By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 303 - Dubai By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 304 - Dubai By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 305 - Dubai By Henri Jean

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to aquabunny

Aqua bunny, my dad (aka Da Coot) is also a chemist. ACS member for over 50 years.

He's been doing some half arsed scrapping over the years, and I had a bit of a 'talk' with him about that. I'm bringing over one book I am working on, and try to con him into letting me 'fix' his mistakes. Yes, major mistakes!

Expert
In response to suebird

Aqua bunny, those books are fantastic! They look like a lot of fun to make.
Henri, wow, that is amazing. A snow village inside a shopping centre. It is hard to imagine how big the mall must be!
Loved the toilet info board....I remember when I was a kid in the 60's living in a small country town, we had an outdoor toilet (we called them a "thunderbox") and we used cut up newspaper. That was all we knew, so that didn't bother me, but I hated the cane toads, specially at night! When I was 9 my Dad was transferred to a bigger town and we bought a house with an indoor toilet....my first glimpse of heaven

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My mom grew up with an outhouse and when I was a kid and we visited my grandparents it was back to the outhouse. I was a teenager when they got plumbing!

The snow village is amazing. I couldn't believe huge it was to have ski slopes and places for snow tubing and other snow sports. It was completely glassed in and on one side were a lot of restaurants on all levels and you could get a window and watch the snow action.

I did not pay the ungodly amount to go into the snow village - really expensive! And, we were in t-shirts and to go in there people came bundled up and prepared.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise 307 Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise 308 - Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise 309 - Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise 310 - Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I am so happy today Dave is finally coming home whooohoooo
Angela's stomach is back & she is also having severe panic attacks & not able to eat again. some of the meds din't work for her so she is going back to the dr. There are some pills that she didn't want to take cause of the effects but she is going to take them & if she gets worse ( feeling crazy) she is going to go to her friends to stay or the hospital if she needs it. She has had them for yrs. It started when my mom died. she & Ang were extremely close & spent lots of hours together. They were not very often so she could deal. Dave gets them too so maybe but I get them now but it is my huntingtons so maybe Angs is too. she is going back to the huntington dr tomorrow. I wish I could help her .

I am going to work on Dave's page. I am getting worried cause I do not scrap fast lol

Edited by anda11 on 09-08-15 01:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

So glad Dave is doing so well which will allow you to focus on getting Angela to the place where she feels good. I hope the new meds will work for her. Sounds like if it started when your mom died then it may be stress related. Stress can do some pretty awful things to us.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

you are so right Henri
I cut some of my hearts to see if they would work on the page but they are too big or will not work or I really do not care for them I have searched hearts but was not excited about them but today I saw a heart tag so I found some adorable ones to use on the page. It will be a variety rather than 36 plain hearts . I also found the best thing to use for my title It is a scallop heart rosette with the ribbons hanging down. it is thank you for being my hero I searched for a long time with no .luck LOL now I can't wait to do my page.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

So good to hear you be so excited about scrapping Linda. You've had so much going on for so long - I'm glad to see you talk about scrapping and planning pages. Sounds like this page is really coming together well!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Linda, it is so nice to hear you talking about scrapping. And I can't wait to see what you're creating because it sounds like it is going to be absolutely stunning.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 311 Dubai and Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 312 Dubai and Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 313 Dubai and Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 314 Dubai and Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well I bought these float frames that I am going to make something for Christmas. I bought a big one that way I can make a family tree with vinyl on it. I just hope it comes out good for Christmas. the other one I am going to make something for my mom for Christmas just don't know what yet. I bought these cork coasters that I am going to see if I can use vinyl on it that for my sister Christmas gift. we will see what happens.

southgirl
Veteran
southgirl

I made 2 cards last night.

Steampunk Spells Cascading Card
Steampunk Spells By Southgirl
Steampunk Spells By Southgirl

and Gilded Lily Double Gate Fold Card
Really Gilded Lily By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 09-09-15 10:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hey Ali
HUGE HUGS ALI . You were so thoughtful to send this message You certainly have had such horrible things to deal with in your life let alone dealing with medical issues too. You are such a strong & brave person. You are trying to live your life with kindness & thoughtfulness & love my daughter was so glad to have your info. I emailed it to her while she is sitting in the dr's office so she is reading it the office Thanks again for caring & sending it
hugs
Linda

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

You're welcome Linda

I hope everyone had a nice Wednesday. As for me, I still feel like crud and want to take over the sofa and watch YouTube. However, my youngest DS currently has both the sofa and the TV, he's playing Tekken Tag. I will be so glad when the antibiotics I'm on get rid of this acute sinusitis.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 315 Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 316 Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 317 Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 318 Dubai - Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

Expert

Great news Linda that Dave is coming home and I hope Ang feels better soon.
Great cards Southgirl, I love interactive cards....
Ali, hope things have settled down for you.
Danielle,how is the house hunt coming along?
Henri, more spectacular photos, the opulence leaves me without words....please keep posting....love reading of all your travels.
I actually got a layout done yesterday, first one in a couple of weeks!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Henri, those LO's are stunning! I just love looking at all of your travel photos.

Linda, I do hope that the Dr. was able to prescribe Ang something that can help her.

Southgirl, those cards are beautiful.

Christiscraps, I'm not so sure that things have settled down for me. The antibiotics are working and I've gotten relief from the intense headache. However, the antibiotic has caused a rather itchy and uncomfortable side effect that I now need a prescription of Diflucan for (hope my ARNP gets that called in really soon). Today I had to go visit my local dentist and am now missing another tooth....which means that I only have 5 top teeth left now The novicane has now wore off, my face is swollen on one side and that part of my jaw is stiff, and it hasn't completely stopped bleeding yet so the "stuffing" is irritating the waddings out of me. I would have thought that the Vicodin he prescribed would make my mouth feel a lot better, but umm...not at the moment. If I wasn't too terrified of being put to sleep, I'd agree to go to an oral surgeon and have the remaining teeth taken out. However, with my breathing problems and my heart issue...I'd rather remain awake so I keep refusing to go to the oral surgeon and I can't get fitted for dentures until the remaining teeth come out.

Expert

Oh Ali, I am so sorry....I must have missed all that! I was meaning about your BIL....I didn't catch up on the thread (bar the last page) before I posted. I do apologize.... and I hope you feel better soon.
Getting a tooth pulled is a horrible experience, physically and mentally! I had one out recently....edges me a bit closer to dentures one day as well!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

halloween card By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hey guys we have had company today & yesterday so I haven't had time to work on page yet.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I know what you mean Ali. I never had a yeast infection in my life. Ever! Then 2 years ago I started taking an antibiotic and Lord, I thought I was going to die from itching so much.

The doctor has it in his records and they avoid giving me that antibiotic - don't ever want to go through that again. I can't think of the name of the one that gives me that reaction.

Have never had another yeast infection either - it was a one time thing caused by the antibiotic. I know so many people who get them all the time. Now I understand and anyone who suffers with them has my sincerest sympathy. At least they won't give me that antibiotic again and none of the others seem to bother me so its an easy fix for me.

Every time writes a prescription for any antibiotics he always gives me a prescription for Diflucan "just in case" although I've never needed it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Christiscraps - you are right about the opulence in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It is mind boggling when you see full size ski slopes in a mall with dozens of ski lifts.

Another mall had a full sized aquarium. Not a few little tanks - in one mall (will be posting the pictures in the next day or two). A full size aquarium. The big viewing window was a big as any huge aquarium anywhere and could be seen by people into the mall. If you paid to go in you walked through a tunnel shark tank and sharks overhead and on both side of you. This is in a mall!

On the floor above there was a crocodile they say is the world's largest, another big area with a bunch of crocodiles, and petting and touching area with starfish and other creatures, and takes of seahorse, jellies (jelly fish) and other fish. It was a full sized aquarium.

The third floor was the zoo part of the aquarium, a big display of owls, various birds, more sea creatures and other aquarium animals.

This is in a mall! It was unreal.

Then another mall had a full sized amusement park in the middle. Its a 3-story mall and the roller call goes up 3 stories. I couldn't believe this amusement park with rides was in the middle of a mall. We sat in the food court and watched the roller coaster.

I loved the bus benches - the bus benches are all enclosed on glass, are air conditioned and have WiFi.

Then the Burg Al Arab hotel. In their rating system they are 7 stars and have the helicopter pad on the roof which they will provide for you (not cheap) to get to the airport or across town. It is for the use of hotel guests. And they advertise that the concierge will arrange for a chauffeured Roll Royce for you.

Everywhere you look everything is perfect and manicured and each place is more outrageous than the place before it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 319 - Dubai & Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 320 - Dubai & Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 321 - Dubai & Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 322 - Dubai & Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hey guys I am so happy to be here Dave loved his card & it is his birthday today but he did throw up though today so he doesn't feel like doing anything today but Ang is cooking dinner for him tonight the great thing is that he has been eating like normal.. He was sad but I said is this the 1st time you have been sick & he said yes so he then realized it had been 2 weeks since he threw up last. I reminded him that all of the last times he got sick within a couple days . then he felt better I am going to work on his page today I need to get it done

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics