Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well I cut out 2 of the new cuts I bought.. then I am going to check them out & cut the other 2 new cuts I really love them though

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I'm sorry Dave feels bad on his birthday but sometimes you gotta take a step backwards to move 2 or 3 or 4 steps forward.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Henri Jean

I'm sorry Dave feels bad on his birthday

I am work on my fair pic that we took at the fair and I have to work on some of my dogs groom pic. put I ran out of ink in my printer so now I need to go buy some.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm sorry Dave feels bad on his birthday but sometimes you gotta take a step backwards to move 2 or 3 or 4 steps forward.

you are so right

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southern lady

• southern lady Said:

I am work on my fair pic that we took at the fair and I have to work on some of my dogs groom pic. put I ran out of ink in my printer so now I need to go buy some.

I love fair pics I have tons to do lol I can't wait to see it

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Seeing as the rendezvous is going on the next two days, I won't be working on anything. Maybe I'll get few decent pictures for further LO's...... I'll have to see.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to christiscraps61

• christiscraps61 Said:
Oh Ali, I am so sorry....I must have missed all that! I was meaning about your BIL....I didn't catch up on the thread (bar the last page) before I posted. I do apologize.... and I hope you feel better soon.
Getting a tooth pulled is a horrible experience, physically and mentally! I had one out recently....edges me a bit closer to dentures one day as well!

Oh, my BIL....well, he's still in jail. My MIL went to see him Friday and she now "feel's sorry for him". She's wanting all of her other children and grandchildren to write him letter's now and she's upset that my boys won't. She says that they should forgive him, etc. And I think she's upset with me because I told her "my boys are 14 and 16, if they wish to write him then so be it. But if they wish not to, which at the moment neither want to ever talk to him again, then so be it. I'm not going to force my boys to write him."

The majority of the family is actually glad he's gone. Sad, but true.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Hi, can I join this thread?

I LOVE those pages from Dubai. What kind of trip was that? Where else did you go? I love the way you are journaling on the pages, so readable. I love to travel and love to read about the travels of others. Are your pages paper or digi? What size font are you using?

I'm also working on pages from a big trip. We got a eurail pass and toured all over Europe this summer, also spent some time in the Netherlands. I'm doing mostly 2-page layouts, which can be a challenge if I didn't buy 2 of every paper. At least I'm attempting to do 2 page layouts, I only have 3 done so far.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to boysmom

Hi boysmom I am sort of new here too. Y'all are so fortunate that you can travel. I have been to Mexico and that's it. Would love to see Ireland before I die.

I am going to a crop today. I hope I can make it all day long. They want me to teach a class on 12x12 folded paper mini album. That should take up about half the day.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

Hi Louise - its so good to see you here!

I'm glad you are enjoying my Dubai layouts. Today I am posting the last of Dubai and moving on to Oman.

The Dubai trip was part of the 2015 Holland America world cruise which is a 4 month cruise. We did it last year, loved it so we did it again this year.

Last year we spent nearly 8 months on cruise ships and another month or two on driving or flying trips! We were out of control!

Next Saturday (maybe it Friday - I'm not sure) we fly from Florida to Seattle and get on a cruise ship for 30 days to Singapore. We are excited, as it goes to places that are off the beaten path. Saipan, Guam, Marshall Islands, Chuuk Island, a couple places in Malaysia where we haven't been before.

I use paper and trimmer to scrap the granddaughters and holidays and things like that but for travelling I digi-scrap which I love. I can do that in our cabins on the ship or in hotel rooms. Even when visiting with family and watching TV. Its the only way to keep up with the travel stuff.

I do a lot of pages for most ports because I want to remember the story and the feeling and my thoughts. The main reason I scrap is so my husband and I can relive our trips again when we aren't able to actually get on the ships and planes anymore.

After Oman I will start posting Petra, Jordan and Jerusalem. That was an emotional one for me! Been going back and forth on whether to post Jerusalem because not only was so emotional, those pages have a lot of scripture and Bible references and research on them. A good friend on the boards sent me a pm and asked me to post them - and I value her judgment very much so I am going to go ahead and post them.

After that there is more Italy and Greece and Ephesus again and the Azores is already scrapped too and ready to post.

After that I will start posting Count Dracula's castle in Transylvania. Such a neat place to visit and a fun place to scrap. That was done on a train ride from Istanbul to Venice.

I scrap in chrono order, drives me absolutely crazy not to. However, I started digi-scrapping on the 2015 world cruise this year (had my portable scanner with me so I could get the pages done at night while my husband played chess - would sit in the library and scrap and half-watch his games).

While I'm posting the 2015 world cruise I'm working on the trips we took in 2014 and will start posting them after I finish this world cruise one.

I have to figure out how to "doctor" the Yap, MIcronesia and Papua New Guinea pages. When you get off the cruise ships you usually go to a stand or kiosk for tourist information which is manned by young women wearing medium-height heels, tailored skirt, white blouse and name tag. Same everywhere.

However, in some of the places like Yap, we walked into the tourists information areas to be greeted by young women wearing a grass skirt and a lei. No shoes - no tops.

This is how the women dress so every picture I have is full of topless women wearing grass skirts and flowered leis. Very uncomfortable at first but it got better for me, though I never got completely comfortable with it. Just had to keep telling myself its their culture and if they don't want to wear tops - its their choice and I'm the visitor to their country.

I will put them in my scrapbook as they were but need to get creative to post them here. One of my projects for the sea days on the next cruise - figure out how to creatively cover up topless women. Lots of topless women. Babies, children, teenagers, young women and very old women. I have one group picture of a child with mother, grandmother and great grandmother walking together -all topless. That is gong to be a challenge. Flowers aren't going to work, would look to silly. Guess I will try with boxes or rectangles. Can do that in photoshop.

Glad you have joined us. We have a travel thread - "Bitten by the travel buy" and you are welcome to join in there too. Lots of travel layouts and we'd love to see your travel layouts. Don't have to be new or recent, we just love travel layouts and hearing about our trips!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Ali - I completely agree with you. Your boys are old enough to make up their own minds whether to write to him or not.

I'm sorry your brother in law is so down-on-his-luck now but he chose the path of alcohol and drugs which destroyed his life. As my mama always said, "You made your bed, now you have lie in it."

It is completely understandable the way the family feels. And it is understandable why his mother feels the way she does. You love your kids no matter what.

Its a tough one but I would be feeling the same way you are and I wouldn't force my kids to write either.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 323 - Dubai & Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 324 - Dubai & Abu Dhabi By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 325 - Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 325 - Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
Hi, can I join this thread?

I LOVE those pages from Dubai. What kind of trip was that? Where else did you go? I love the way you are journaling on the pages, so readable. I love to travel and love to read about the travels of others. Are your pages paper or digi? What size font are you using?

I'm also working on pages from a big trip. We got a eurail pass and toured all over Europe this summer, also spent some time in the Netherlands. I'm doing mostly 2-page layouts, which can be a challenge if I didn't buy 2 of every paper. At least I'm attempting to do 2 page layouts, I only have 3 done so far.

Oh Louise I am so excited that you joined us here I love to see travel pages too I can't wait to see yours Henri's pages are always awesome from incredible photos, stories & colorful pages we all enjoy reading them
I am working on an anniversary gift & card at the moment I hope I can finish them soon cause I have some other pages calling my name

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys I am back I can't wait to read all of your posts that I missed while I was not here due to Dave & his surgery & continued medical issues. He went back to eating normally the same day he was sick so I am so glad about that
I missed you guys
I am working on the card & layout still

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
  • christiscraps61 Said:
Oh Ali, I am so sorry....I must have missed all that! I was meaning about your BIL....I didn't catch up on the thread (bar the last page) before I posted. I do apologize.... and I hope you feel better soon.
Getting a tooth pulled is a horrible experience, physically and mentally! I had one out recently....edges me a bit closer to dentures one day as well!

Oh, my BIL....well, he's still in jail. My MIL went to see him Friday and she now "feel's sorry for him". She's wanting all of her other children and grandchildren to write him letter's now and she's upset that my boys won't. She says that they should forgive him, etc. And I think she's upset with me because I told her "my boys are 14 and 16, if they wish to write him then so be it. But if they wish not to, which at the moment neither want to ever talk to him again, then so be it. I'm not going to force my boys to write him."

The majority of the family is actually glad he's gone. Sad, but true.

I totally agree with you.. your boys are old enough to decide . They have seen all of the things this man has done to his loved ones over the years & they know what kind of man he is & chose to be from drinking & drugs to abusing people. Your boys are very intelligent & can see the whole picture. I can see why the whole family would b e glad to have him gone after all these years .

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Hi boysmom I am sort of new here too. Y'all are so fortunate that you can travel. I have been to Mexico and that's it. Would love to see Ireland before I die.

I am going to a crop today. I hope I can make it all day long. They want me to teach a class on 12x12 folded paper mini album. That should take up about half the day.

Since I wasn't posting much for a bit...did I actually invite you to this thread ? I try to invite people who post here that are new too but I am sorry if I missed inviting you here . I am thrilled you have joined us too

I am sorry you are not able to travel. I am not able to either now I have been to mexico when I was a kid my brother went to school at the tip of Texas & I got to see his new son when he was born lol 66. I do hope that you are able to visit Ireland someday
I hope you had a good time at your crop
Those folded paper mini albums are so cute

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Seeing as the rendezvous is going on the next two days, I won't be working on anything. Maybe I'll get few decent pictures for further LO's...... I'll have to see.

I hope that you are able to get more pictures to scrap later

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

The money was so beautiful the gate & the palace was so pretty I love your thought on morality. It was a great read I loved the striped background paper. It is perfect

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
So good to hear you be so excited about scrapping Linda. You've had so much going on for so long - I'm glad to see you talk about scrapping and planning pages. Sounds like this page is really coming together well!

Thanks hon IT really does feel great to be able to think about planning pages again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Linda, it is so nice to hear you talking about scrapping. And I can't wait to see what you're creating because it sounds like it is going to be absolutely stunning.

Thanks hon It does feel great to be able to do that I love the cuts for this page but I do not have a background paper that I loved but maybe the one I was thinking about will look better after I add the stuff on them so I am not in love with this page yet

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

the mosque is gorgeous I love the photos of you two all of the pics are gorgeous I love the background blue that you used

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well I bought these float frames that I am going to make something for Christmas. I bought a big one that way I can make a family tree with vinyl on it. I just hope it comes out good for Christmas. the other one I am going to make something for my mom for Christmas just don't know what yet. I bought these cork coasters that I am going to see if I can use vinyl on it that for my sister Christmas gift. we will see what happens.

That sounds like a great idea. The family tree will look nice in vinyl The coasters sound like a good idea too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I made 2 cards last night.

Steampunk Spells Cascading Card
Steampunk Spells By Southgirl
Steampunk Spells By Southgirl

and Gilded Lily Double Gate Fold Card
Really Gilded Lily By Southgirl

These 2 cards are fabulous I love G 45 the spells card was so adorable..love the swirls, images everything
the 2nd card is fabulous too I love the image on the front.. I love the tags in the pocket..I love everything

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
You're welcome Linda

I hope everyone had a nice Wednesday. As for me, I still feel like crud and want to take over the sofa and watch YouTube. However, my youngest DS currently has both the sofa and the TV, he's playing Tekken Tag. I will be so glad when the antibiotics I'm on get rid of this acute sinusitis.

Oh hon, I am so sorry that your sinuses are acting up I hope they get better soon.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

the photos are beautiful I love your journaling as always another 4 wonderful pages. love the background too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• christiscraps61 Said:
Great news Linda that Dave is coming home and I hope Ang feels better soon.
Great cards Southgirl, I love interactive cards....
Ali, hope things have settled down for you.
Danielle,how is the house hunt coming along?
Henri, more spectacular photos, the opulence leaves me without words....please keep posting....love reading of all your travels.
I actually got a layout done yesterday, first one in a couple of weeks!

Congrats on getting a page done I hope you post it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Henri, those LO's are stunning! I just love looking at all of your travel photos.

Linda, I do hope that the Dr. was able to prescribe Ang something that can help her.

Southgirl, those cards are beautiful.

Christiscraps, I'm not so sure that things have settled down for me. The antibiotics are working and I've gotten relief from the intense headache. However, the antibiotic has caused a rather itchy and uncomfortable side effect that I now need a prescription of Diflucan for (hope my ARNP gets that called in really soon). Today I had to go visit my local dentist and am now missing another tooth....which means that I only have 5 top teeth left now The novicane has now wore off, my face is swollen on one side and that part of my jaw is stiff, and it hasn't completely stopped bleeding yet so the "stuffing" is irritating the waddings out of me. I would have thought that the Vicodin he prescribed would make my mouth feel a lot better, but umm...not at the moment. If I wasn't too terrified of being put to sleep, I'd agree to go to an oral surgeon and have the remaining teeth taken out. However, with my breathing problems and my heart issue...I'd rather remain awake so I keep refusing to go to the oral surgeon and I can't get fitted for dentures until the remaining teeth come out.

Oh Ali, I am so sorry that you have been having teeth issues I am glad your headaches are gone but I can guess what side effect you are talking about I sure hope that you are feeling better soon
My dd did get some pills from her dr. She is starting them today. Her dr thought they would be alright (small dose too) she is here in case they bother her. so far so good

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

this is wonderful Danielle :)i love the background paper & the haunted house cut moon & tree

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

More amazing photos & pages Henri I love the aquarium & all of its inhabitants Loved the mall & roller coaster. I love the finches. I loved your story of you raising them I have a question.. why is a Popeyes there?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I met a friend (YAY) at her house and we crafted. I made another envelope album with my new Graphic 45 Mon Amour paper. I also bought Steampunk Debutante and Gilded Lily. I wanted to get the Steampunk Spells but ran up to my budget limit. Maybe next week? I need to make the cover for my black, white and red envelope mini album but I need some black paper that has glitter swirls on it. A trip to Michaels and I should do that to day.

I am so glad you had a great time crafting with your friend I have made those bag albums before they are fun to do Congrats onn your new G45 papers I love them

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

We've seen Popeye's all over the world Linda - and eaten at many of them. As much as we travel, we've never really enjoyed local foods in other countries. Neither of us likes surprises on our plates.

My husband went to Burger King in Australia (before we were married) and his hamburger came with a beet slice and a fried egg on it. In Hawaii both McDonald's and Burger King feature meals for breakfast and lunch with SPAM because SPAM is very popular in Hawaii.

We are gone so much I think the American food chains keep us from getting homesick and make us feel like we are home a little bit. Does that make sense.

My husband is a very picky eater so the only foods we eat when we travel are either American chains or fish and chips. We love local fish and chips and eat those everywhere! Fried shrimp too - we eat a lot of fried shrimp when we travel to some countries.

Churches Chicken is in a lot of the US but in other countries it is called Texas Chicken - has the same logo.

I can't think of anywhere we have been other then tiny Polynesian islands that don't have KFC or McDonald's.

In Sri Lanka we had a great meal at TGI Fridays! Made us feel for the hour or so that we were home.

Krispy Kreme Donuts and Pizza Hut - so many American chains everywhere but Dubai had them all. I can't think of an American chain that wasn't there!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

I love the hotel great photos I love the beach & the ski slopes more unusual life stories you have seen & shared

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
  • Henri Jean Said:
I honestly don't know how many years its been since I made a skillet upside cake. Don't know why they are so much better that way, but to me, they are.

I use an old recipe from Southern Living into he 60's or 70's.

I don't know how old my grandmother's recipe is, I only know that it is older than I am and I was born in 1979. It could be possible that you and she actually use the same recipe.

Now that I think about it....I need to get a copy of that recipe in her handwriting so I can scrapbook it.

I agree get a copy of it now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
One dutch oven cleaned and seasoned. Thankfully, I save bacon grease.

Unfortunately, husband is the proverbial Messy Marvin the Moose at times. Note made to self: he is going to take better care of the dang things.

My mom used to have a iron skillet & a dutch oven in metal. I have her dutch oven & Ang too k her skillet years ago & used it

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

Sounds like a wonderful cruise.

Yap is a favorite place of mine, we went when we were first married and again when the boys were smaller, 6 and 8 maybe. It must be very different when the cruises at there because there are only about 7000 people on the main islands and 10,000 in the whole country, I think. After a few days, we startd bumping into people we knew. Wonderful friendly country. We saw some of those topless women at the airport, but no photos of them. I think just photoshop out the unpleasant parts.

I agree posting Jerusalem is tricky because different people here have different religions and Jerusalem is very holy to so many religions.

We usually travel slowly, one or 2 countries per trip. This summer was different. I wanted to boys to spend a summer in Europe before the oldest starts high school in a year. We spent July in the Netherlands, and got a eurail pass for August. Went to Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia (Zagreb only), lake bled in Slovenia. Villach in Austria, Italy (Venice, Florence, Pisa), Monaco, mention and Avignon in France, and Barcelona. I'm a paper scrapper, so far I've only done 3 pages, I'll share them onto this thread in the next few days.

Looking forward to getting to know th rest of you on this thread.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

well I found some die cuts from my cameo that I bought.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well today went to a scrapbook class and make a cute Christmas book

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh Louise - you've been to a lot of places on my bucket list that I hope to see some day! I've not done nearly as much Europe as I would like to do. When you travel mostly by cruise ship you are limited to the outer coastal areas where the ports are so its much harder for us to see the interior of the countries.

I've done a lot of Italy and a few other countries but for the most part, its been like cruising around the US and not seeing the middle of the country. It limits us a lot.

I'm just going to post the Jerusalem. I'm not trying to switch anyone over to my faith, but it does come through in the layouts. I've seen wonderful layouts on Mar Mitzvahs and Infant Baptisms and Hanukah and I just look at them as beautiful layouts and am honored that people have shared their faith based layouts with me.

A lot of people have been posting their faith journals and aside from being lovely works of art, the words are very inspirational to me and no one has to look at them who doesn't want to.

I am not quoting the Bible in the Jerusalem layouts to preach, I'm quoting it to tie in the relevance or significance of the Biblical historical site.

I think its wonderful that your kids are so well traveled at such a young age. Will give them such an amazing perspective of what it really like in other countries. Really makes you appreciate what we have here at home!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 326 Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 327 Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 328 Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 329 Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Pool Time By Flhomeschoolmom

Ok, this is my oldest son when he was 11 months old. He's now 16. The photos were taken in June of 2000. The letter stickers that spell out "Pool Time" are some I've had for probably 5 or 6 years. I bought gobs of them and still have gobs of them left. The little bubbles on this LO are actually wall art stickers that were once upon a time in his bedroom back when he had Finding Nemo on his walls. I loved the little bubbles so much that I kept them to use on SOMETHING in the future. The rest of the Nemo stickers I passed on to my sister. The BG of this LO is actually done with color pencil. I did not have a suitable paper in my stash, so I made one. The photos are cut into circles because the edges of the photos were badly damaged from our house fire in 2001. At least the photos did survive!

this page is a wonderful page of your precious boy the background is perfect. you are very talented I would have saved bubbles too they are adorable as well as the photos that look like bubbles too I love the letters
I can't believe you had a house fire too after all of the stuff you have been through.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• christiscraps61 Said:
I love your card Linda, the photo of the little boy in the pedal car is adorable.
Henri, what an amazing place, the wealth just boggles the mind!
Ali, that pool layout is so very cute

Thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I realized I had never uploaded this - this is the large Configurations book I made late last year as a Christmas gift for my husband, who's a chemist:

Configurations Book #5 (Chemistry) - Inside By Aquabunny

And here's the one I finished a few weeks ago, a retro-inspired Christmas Configuration:

Configurations Mini-Book #6 (Retro Christmas) - Inside By Aquabunny

the chemist one
this is amazing as usual I love the papers you used I love all the little minis you used I love every single piece of it
the xmas one
I love every sing thing especially the pop caps & all the papers & other stuff it is amazing too

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

well I did the Halloween book at a scrapbook class yesterday. I have to take pic of them. now I am work on my fair pic for layouts

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

more beautiful ski scenes & more life stories that you will be able to remember years from now when you read this

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Aqua bunny, my dad (aka Da Coot) is also a chemist. ACS member for over 50 years.

He's been doing some half arsed scrapping over the years, and I had a bit of a 'talk' with him about that. I'm bringing over one book I am working on, and try to con him into letting me 'fix' his mistakes. Yes, major mistakes!

That has happened to lots of us I am sure That do not even realize that it could be bad At least you will be able to fix it thank god he is scrapping lots of my relatives did

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• christiscraps61 Said:
Aqua bunny, those books are fantastic! They look like a lot of fun to make.
Henri, wow, that is amazing. A snow village inside a shopping centre. It is hard to imagine how big the mall must be!
Loved the toilet info board....I remember when I was a kid in the 60's living in a small country town, we had an outdoor toilet (we called them a "thunderbox") and we used cut up newspaper. That was all we knew, so that didn't bother me, but I hated the cane toads, specially at night! When I was 9 my Dad was transferred to a bigger town and we bought a house with an indoor toilet....my first glimpse of heaven

I never heard it called a thunderbox

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

more fascinationg stories & photos & real life stories it is such a shame how they treat women. It is good that he took a pic of the bathroom for you. it is a good tradition you have to take the photos on top of buses

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hey guys, I am almost caught up I have page 278 yet to do I am going to choose which paper might work I have them out & the cuts

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I love the paper but i think i might have to use pink dies. I know Dave won't care but I was wanting a different color so I found some red papers that I can use & love but I am not sure if I had reds to go on them I do have reds but I know sometimes different reds won't work wish me luck that they match.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

luckily I have a good amount of reds & most are the darker ones that I wanted There are different shades of the darker ones. they go on my original paper ( more burgandy) & they go on my second & third choice papers too ( reds) I have to be very judicious in making sure the different cuts are figured out & resized & filled page before I actually use my precious paper I do not have much but I think I have enough
Now I am getting excited cause it is decided I can actually work on it.

Edited by anda11 on 09-13-15 04:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I love that moment when the decisions and color selections are made and you can start work! I get that same feeling when I'm working on digi-pages too!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

you are so right hon I have been worrying about this now I can stop

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 09-13-15 06:34 PM
In response to anda11

This weekend (every day's a Saturday) I am prepping for the Washington State Fair. I am doing 4 two hour papercrafting demos. September 17, 18, 19 & 25.
I'll do some stamping, doily Christmas tree folds, make little boxes out of playing cards, and maybe some iris folds.
I have prepped m&t Christmas cards from a Christmas pad. People will be able to attach a pp to a card, fold a tree from a doily and attach it to the pp, and fold up a pre-creased 8 X 8 matching envelope. For free.
I have also made 100 ATC's to pass out and/or trade.
I have never done anything like this, I hope it all goes well.

Edited by don1 on 09-13-15 06:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • flhomeschoolmom Said:
Pool Time By Flhomeschoolmom

Ok, this is my oldest son when he was 11 months old. He's now 16. The photos were taken in June of 2000. The letter stickers that spell out "Pool Time" are some I've had for probably 5 or 6 years. I bought gobs of them and still have gobs of them left. The little bubbles on this LO are actually wall art stickers that were once upon a time in his bedroom back when he had Finding Nemo on his walls. I loved the little bubbles so much that I kept them to use on SOMETHING in the future. The rest of the Nemo stickers I passed on to my sister. The BG of this LO is actually done with color pencil. I did not have a suitable paper in my stash, so I made one. The photos are cut into circles because the edges of the photos were badly damaged from our house fire in 2001. At least the photos did survive!

this page is a wonderful page of your precious boy the background is perfect. you are very talented I would have saved bubbles too they are adorable as well as the photos that look like bubbles too I love the letters
I can't believe you had a house fire too after all of the stuff you have been through.

We had a house fire in January 2001, 2 weeks after my youngest son was born. Thankfully, no one was home at the time. My oldest son had stayed with his Nana while my DH, youngest son and myself went to my follow up appoint with my OB. When we got home and stopped in to pick up our oldest son, my MIL told me to sit down and said, "You can't go home. Dad burned your house down while you were gone". I was furious. My FIL set my house on fire while trying to clear the back field. He swore it was an "accident", but even to this day I'm not so sure. And what the fire didn't damage or destroy, the fire department did.

We got another house a few months later, and then in 2005 it got hit by a tornado. Not fun. And technically I've pretty much been living with my MIL since then. We moved in with my inlaws a few months after the tornado because my FIL needed live in around the clock care.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise page 330 - Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 331 - Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 332 - Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise page 333 - Muscat, Oman By Henri Jean

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Morning, folks.

Welcome to the thread, Louise! I'm still fairly new to posting, too. Just jump right in.

Well, the rendezvous went pretty good. Saturday's spectator 'turnout' was a little disappointing. Sunday? Many more showed up. Yippee!

A few participants didn't make it, which really upset my husband. However, we did have 2 or 3 new people/groups show up, which was good. I understand they will be returning next year.

Both dutch ovens got used; thus, reseasoning is in order. Ugh!

And yes, I got some pictures! I also asked other participants and spectators for copies that they had taken. Why not?

Sorry my posting is a bit 'jerky' right now. Still have a minor headache from a combination of 'lack of sleep, deep sleep (when I did fall asleep), and general all-around exhaustion'.....
Thus, I hear a cup of coffee calling my name.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to suebird

dogs By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

fair By Southern Lady

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Sounds like you are exhausted Suebird! You've had a busy weekend and nothing will exhaust and make you feel more tired than alternating heavy sleep and light sleep and no sleep!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

halloween book By Southern Lady

here my Halloween book I made at the scrapbook store

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well I did the Halloween book at a scrapbook class yesterday. I have to take pic of them. now I am work on my fair pic for layouts

that sounds like fun I bet you had fun

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
We've seen Popeye's all over the world Linda - and eaten at many of them. As much as we travel, we've never really enjoyed local foods in other countries. Neither of us likes surprises on our plates.

My husband went to Burger King in Australia (before we were married) and his hamburger came with a beet slice and a fried egg on it. In Hawaii both McDonald's and Burger King feature meals for breakfast and lunch with SPAM because SPAM is very popular in Hawaii.

We are gone so much I think the American food chains keep us from getting homesick and make us feel like we are home a little bit. Does that make sense.

My husband is a very picky eater so the only foods we eat when we travel are either American chains or fish and chips. We love local fish and chips and eat those everywhere! Fried shrimp too - we eat a lot of fried shrimp when we travel to some countries.

Churches Chicken is in a lot of the US but in other countries it is called Texas Chicken - has the same logo.

I can't think of anywhere we have been other then tiny Polynesian islands that don't have KFC or McDonald's.

In Sri Lanka we had a great meal at TGI Fridays! Made us feel for the hour or so that we were home.

Krispy Kreme Donuts and Pizza Hut - so many American chains everywhere but Dubai had them all. I can't think of an American chain that wasn't there!

I don't blame you for eating American food only

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
Sounds like a wonderful cruise.

Yap is a favorite place of mine, we went when we were first married and again when the boys were smaller, 6 and 8 maybe. It must be very different when the cruises at there because there are only about 7000 people on the main islands and 10,000 in the whole country, I think. After a few days, we startd bumping into people we knew. Wonderful friendly country. We saw some of those topless women at the airport, but no photos of them. I think just photoshop out the unpleasant parts.

I agree posting Jerusalem is tricky because different people here have different religions and Jerusalem is very holy to so many religions.

We usually travel slowly, one or 2 countries per trip. This summer was different. I wanted to boys to spend a summer in Europe before the oldest starts high school in a year. We spent July in the Netherlands, and got a eurail pass for August. Went to Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia (Zagreb only), lake bled in Slovenia. Villach in Austria, Italy (Venice, Florence, Pisa), Monaco, mention and Avignon in France, and Barcelona. I'm a paper scrapper, so far I've only done 3 pages, I'll share them onto this thread in the next few days.

Looking forward to getting to know th rest of you on this thread.

What an exciting adventures to have with your kids memories that will last a lifetime

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

well I found some die cuts from my cameo that I bought.

That is great I am sure they have 1000s of cuts of amusement parks, fairs, circuses zoo, etc when I bought my Cameo I did buy these awesome circus cuts like circus tents backgrounds, circus tents, all of the animals, clowns & attractions in the circus I am going to use them on my kids when they were toddlers. we have pics of them sitting with the clowns
I can't wait to see what you bought

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well today went to a scrapbook class and make a cute Christmas book

that sounds like a blast

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Oh Louise - you've been to a lot of places on my bucket list that I hope to see some day! I've not done nearly as much Europe as I would like to do. When you travel mostly by cruise ship you are limited to the outer coastal areas where the ports are so its much harder for us to see the interior of the countries.

I've done a lot of Italy and a few other countries but for the most part, its been like cruising around the US and not seeing the middle of the country. It limits us a lot.

I'm just going to post the Jerusalem. I'm not trying to switch anyone over to my faith, but it does come through in the layouts. I've seen wonderful layouts on Mar Mitzvahs and Infant Baptisms and Hanukah and I just look at them as beautiful layouts and am honored that people have shared their faith based layouts with me.

A lot of people have been posting their faith journals and aside from being lovely works of art, the words are very inspirational to me and no one has to look at them who doesn't want to.

I am not quoting the Bible in the Jerusalem layouts to preach, I'm quoting it to tie in the relevance or significance of the Biblical historical site.

I think its wonderful that your kids are so well traveled at such a young age. Will give them such an amazing perspective of what it really like in other countries. Really makes you appreciate what we have here at home!

Oh Henri, you do not need to worry about posting lots of pages of your religion no one here will think anything bad everyone here has wide different religious beliefs & traditions & will respect them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

the fort was very interesting.
what bright colorful photos the market looked like fun to find a buried treasure
what a fabulous variety of photos to showcase the place love the striped background

suebird
Expert
suebird

Been there, done that!

Had to find my bottle of ibuprofen before I got on the computer. Logs are sore due to walking so much....yet I barely saw who was where in camp!

Seeing as this was my husbands' 2nd year as 'booshway'. I tended to stick around our camp. I explained what his 'job title' meant.

Last year I took a picture of him in front of our tent, with the Booshway sign. Yes, he is tall, and skinny, and trying to make sure he gets something in his bottomless gut during the event gets to be a challenge.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
This weekend (every day's a Saturday) I am prepping for the Washington State Fair. I am doing 4 two hour papercrafting demos. September 17, 18, 19 & 25.
I'll do some stamping, doily Christmas tree folds, make little boxes out of playing cards, and maybe some iris folds.
I have prepped m&t Christmas cards from a Christmas pad. People will be able to attach a pp to a card, fold a tree from a doily and attach it to the pp, and fold up a pre-creased 8 X 8 matching envelope. For free.
I have also made 100 ATC's to pass out and/or trade.
I have never done anything like this, I hope it all goes well.

Hey Don I am thrilled that you are posting in this thread
You sure sound like you have been very busy preparing for all of these paper crafting demos at the fair you sure sound like you have a lot of choices for them to do You are covering lots of info I bet everyone will love it I do hope all goes well for you
Did someone invite you to do demos?? or did you think of it ?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I need to read more posts but I want to update on my page. I cut most of the tags & they look perfect on this paper I need to wait cause I ordered a white signo uniball here last night cause I have 6 that are almost dry that Is what I am going to use to write on the tags
I am so excited I relearned my cameo. I learned how to ungroup a cut which separates it. I can arrange the pieces anywhere on my mat.. I can also add color to the cut pieces so that when I cut it I know what colors I want them to be I can also enlarge & shrink I can also duplicate any piece on there. I have taken the different heart tags & resized them & duplicated them so I had full sheets of the different tags. I probably knew this years ago but hey if you don't use that feature you forget

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

Beautiful stuff in this thread! Love the chemistry album and the Halloween book.

We enjoy foreign food although it can be challenging because my kids have food allergies. Restaurant are better about it in Europe than here, which surprised me. Although, I can say that my kids have eaten magnum bars in more countries than one would believe. I think they sell magnum bars everywhere in the world. Who knew?

On the religion topic, I worry when I post pages of other religions that I will get something wrong and offend someone. I am not Christian, so when I post pages of churches, I either keep my journaling to facts, like when the church was built, or add the journaling after I post it.

I haven't scrapped in about a week. Hope to do something today or tomorrow. I think Monaco is next. I am not doing the trip chronologically, I'm just doing it by what collections I bought and then I will order the pages into one or 2 albums later.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to boysmom

fair By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

a quick check in I am going to try & finish the card at least right now

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

fair By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

awesome news Dave has gained an additional 10 bs add that to the 1st 5 for 15 total

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Oh my gosh! He's doing great LInda! Sounds like he has been properly diagnosed and is on his way to putting on weight and getting healthy! So happy for both of you.

Now, how is your daughter? Hope she is improving too.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 334 - Middle East map showing Oman. By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 235 - Salalah, Oman By Henri Jean

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Glad to hear the news!

Got one LO 'sorta' finished yesterday. May play around with it a bit more today.

I should download pictures to my jump drive, so I can get them printed out and scrapped. Note the word 'should'.....

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
awesome news Dave has gained an additional 10 bs add that to the 1st 5 for 15 total

that is great news

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

Here is the first page I've done since I joined this thread.
Poznan By Boysmom

The photos are from Poznan which is a small city in Poland. All of the buildings were so beautiful, completely unexpected. We only spent a day there, but I thought it was one of the most beautiful cities I have seen.

Edited by boysmom on 09-16-15 10:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

Glad to see our layout Louise. Bill and I have said many times we would like to go to Poland and looking at your photos, now I really would love to go.

I have never heard of Poznan - will have to look at my map to see what part of the country it is in.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

Posnan is in the west of Poland, relatively near Germany. We also went to Wroclaw (pronounced "Vrats - lav") which is south of Posnan, also in the west but closer to Prague.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to boysmom

fair By Southern Lady

fair By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
Posnan is in the west of Poland, relatively near Germany. We also went to Wroclaw (pronounced "Vrats - lav") which is south of Posnan, also in the west but closer to Prague.

I would love to go to Poland that where my dad family is from we are polish and I would love to check it out someday.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I am redoing my thin metal die storage. Putting them on magnetic sheets and in page protectors and then in a zippered notebook. I also am labeling name of the die, maker and number of dies in the set. This will take me some time.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

World Cruise Page 236 - Salalah, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 237 - Salalah, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 238 - Salalah, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 239 - Salalah, Oman By Henri Jean

suebird
Expert
suebird

Henry Jean, I had to laugh over the camel pictures. Years ago, we'd gone to Missouri and Grant's Farm. One of the camels--a female--walked up to my husband and tried to 'kiss' him. I got a picture somewhere.

Edited by suebird on 09-17-15 06:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to suebird

fall By Southern Lady

dogs By Southern Lady

scrappy groom By Southern Lady

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is so funny Sue Bird. That would be a fun picture for you to scrap.

Bill and I were in a petting zoo in Utah several years ago and one of the camels was making friends with Bill and I have a picture of him giving it a kiss. I called the layout, "Camel Love". If I can find it I'll post it here. Its somewhere in my gallery.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Found them...

Hole 'N The Rock Zoo - Page 2 By Henri Jean

Hole 'N The Rock Zoo - Camel Love By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

dave was having chest pains tonight so he is back in the ER. I sure hope it is nothing else bad. the nitro helped but he said it was different than his normal pain. he doesn't normally have pain cause he did a procedure yrs ago. I certainly wasn't expecting this today (:

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

they are keeping him again Oh well better to be safe than sorry

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

World Cruise Page 240 - Salalah, Oman By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 241 - I just got traded for a camel! By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 242 - Part 1 - Dangerous Waters By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 243 - Part 2 - Dangerous Waters By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I'm sorry Linda. He was doing so well! I went in for chest pains a couple years ago and was admitted for 3 or 4 days and given one test after another. It turned out to be gas - my heart is almost perfect. Considering I'm 66 years old, that is very good!

Hopefully his is something that simple.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Oh...my...gosh. Just logged in and found out I won in the Daily Challenge!

Talk about surprised....!

Sue

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm sorry Linda. He was doing so well! I went in for chest pains a couple years ago and was admitted for 3 or 4 days and given one test after another. It turned out to be gas - my heart is almost perfect. Considering I'm 66 years old, that is very good!

Hopefully his is something that simple.

That is great about your heart. His dr used to say that they have done all they can do for him if he gets worse. His bypass was many many years ago. He has had other procedures too but I think that that has changed cause we were talking about it recently & it isn't true anymore I think

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I was planning on scrapping the night away tonight but I do not feel excited like normal but maybe I can force myself to start & then I will feel better.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

we have bad news

Oh my I am in shock he has had blockages. they could not do a

stent cause part of it cause it was too blocked. he can't have any surgery. they are giving him some medicine.. they think he may have had an attack too. he can not have another bypass they did a catherization so he is very bad at the moment
My daughter just came over to get him some stuff & we made get well posters & cards that was fun I haven't made cards with baby girl for many years

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Oh Linda. I was hoping you had him back home again. Just so sorry for everything he has been going through with his health and you right along with him.

I'm glad you had fun with your daughter though. That was good therapy for you!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

Running late today - we are catching a plane to Seattle this afternoon so we have to leave in about 2 hours for the airport. I am only half packed! None of my clothes are in the suitcases although I did pack Bill's things after the crop last night.

None of our toiletries or over-the-counters meds and things like that are packed yet either. Neither are computers, cell phones, chargers or electronics. Have a lot to do.

We will be in Seattle for 2 days and then we jump on a ship for 30 days and end of in Singapore. What to do after Singapore - we have no idea. We may stay for a couple days. Most likely we will go to Tokyo for a few days. Possibly Hawaii again. We've been invited to visit friends in Okinawa - we will just play it by ear where to go after the cruise which ends October 22nd. Or we may surprise everyone and just come home. That would be a first!

Anyway - just post one layout today because I don't want to start posting Petra and Jerusalem - don't want to break them up that much because the story flows and I don't want a big gap in the middle - would rather post them a few pages a day when we get back.

Will be checking in - while in Seattle I will be on a good bit but once we are on the ship it will only be when we can grab internet time in the ports.

World Cruise Page 244 - Cruise Ship Trivia By Henri Jean

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics