Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Henri Jean

I'm sorry Linda
hope he get better

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southern lady

thanks guys I appreciate it. my pen arrived today so I am going to actually work on his page he is going to love it

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I like your priorities, Henri...come chat and post a LO...and then pack your clothes, needed meds, electronics, etc. for your trip that you two hours before leaving :>) Have a great trip, but I know you will!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I like your priorities, Henri...come chat and post a LO...and then pack your clothes, needed meds, electronics, etc. for your trip that you two hours before leaving :>) Have a great trip, but I know you will!

too funny Judy glad to see you back here

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am having fun shopping for a anniversary card for Dave on the cameo site. retail therapy is good lol I had made parts of another card by hand but then I did not want it I am seeing such gorgeous cards & parts there
My dd came over with her friend to visit after she left the hospital she is so sweet Dave sounds much better today thankfully

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

groom dog By Southern Lady

fair By Southern Lady

fair By Southern Lady

SarahWard21
New Kid On the Block
SarahWard21

Thanks for the very warm welcome Linda! I thought Id take you up on your offer to join in on this thread!

I just started and finished a mini album tonight!! Im so excited. I haven't actually scrapbooked since my son was born 13 months ago so it was a big deal to get something accomplished!!!

We had taken the kids on a trip to Seattle in may so I bought a Snap Album! it turned out super cute! It was a great way to inspire me to get back into it and it was an easy and fast way to get all the photos done!!!

Glad Dave is feeling a bit better....My DH is named Dave too! xo

Edited by SarahWard21 on 09-19-15 07:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SarahWard21

Welcome Sarah! Can't wait to see some of your pages. WIth a 13 month old - I can imagine it would be very hard to get a lot accomplished! Glad you got a snap album done!

Judy - it is so awesome to see you here! The people on this thread are all awesome!

I have a packing list in the computer and every item I need to take is on it.

My makeup is itemized down to mascara and eye drops because when we travel my eyes get tired and red easily.

Every medicine, both prescription and over-the-counter is itemized, all computers, cell phones, our travel alarm clock, q-tip, computer cords, cameras, camera batteries, camera chargers, power adaptors from every country - its all on the list. Even my paper holder I take with me in case I find scrapbook paper somewhere and all my paper keepsakes go in it - that is on the list.

Its a 6 page list and has which suitcase, duffel or backpack and under that - a complete list of what goes in it (and a place to check it off when its packed). I just put the suitcase on the bed and go through the items on the list that go in it.

That makes packing not a very big deal. Even for the 4 month world cruises - I pack the afternoon or night before.

The only decisions I have to make is which clothes I will take which varies depending on time of year and where we are going. If I'm going on a cruise I take a lot of muumuus because they are perfect for tropical ports as well as wearing around the ship. Except when I buy them at Dillard they call them patio dresses. They look like muumuus me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Going to bed - arrived in Seattle tonight and its later - even later in Florida where we live. That really has us out of whack!

I keep saying I'm going to bed and I stay on the computer just a little bit longer. Eyes are getting hard to keep open.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Safe trip, Henry Jean!

Just found out several minutes ago that we have 2 baby sun conures hatch. We have 3 birds in one cage (at least 1 is a known female), 3 in another. The 2nd cage does have 2 females, and they laid a total of 9 eggs. Can you say major headache?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to suebird

Welcome Sarah

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Oh my! What exciting news with the new hatchlings. You said you have cages - do you do rehabilitation or how do you tie in with them? How fascinating! More info!

TheCraftBunny
Resident
TheCraftBunny

I just spent the whole day organizing my wish list!!! I always get distracted by new products and forget to get what I really needed!! Yay I feel so accomplished now :)))

suebird
Expert
suebird

Henry Jean, my husband and I got our first bird a year after we married. Through the following 3 years, we acquired 2 more birds, one of them being Woodstock, the male sun conure. Sunshine was given to me--free! Before we could get the bird DNA sexed, she laid eggs. Proven hen.

She has laid eggs before, with only 2 'good' clutches. We'd sent 2 chicks to good homes, and have the others. One female is in the California cage (big cage); the other female is in with Sunny and Woodstock. 9 eggs between 2 hens, and 2 'bugs' hatched thus far. *Sigh*

I know I posted a picture of Sunny in my Photograph Gallery. I believe it was taken around the time she had the first 'good' clutch.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

Ok, I have a LOT of catching up to do on the forums. But, I have managed to get back to some of my crafty endeavors. I finally got one of my Music challenges done. Now I just need to get the other one finished.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, I had a birthday party to attend today for one of my niece's so I'm tired.

I Want Candy By Flhomeschoolmom

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flhomeschoolmom

I bought a 6' long, 7' high glass avarium which was about 18" wide, maybe 2' wide. I raised lady Guldian finches which were gorgeous little birds.

I don't remember how many clutches I raised - usually 3 chicks per clutch. I hated to give them up but after about 10 years I sold my avairum and all the birds.

It was a lot of work! A very expensive hobby too!

I love birds and really enjoyed having them.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I had a friend over to help her make a card like this one
Pink Pearl Lattice Card By Southgirl

It took her 2 days to make it. And she did 2 cards and started on a 3rd. When she left I noticed the chair she had been in had scarred my hardwood floors. She scooted it around. Do I say something? Do I never invite her over again?

suebird
Expert
suebird

Our clutches just 'happened', and I won't remove eggs in fear of egg binding, etc.

This should make for some more interesting pictures.... maybe!

Will be working on another LO or two today.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:

It took her 2 days to make it. And she did 2 cards and started on a 3rd. When she left I noticed the chair she had been in had scarred my hardwood floors. She scooted it around. Do I say something? Do I never invite her over again?

How good a friend? Did the two of you have a nice time, aside from the floor? How much do you value her - Is your hardwood floor worth losing her friendship?

Alternatively, next time, provide a different chair, put down a rug, or do the card-making in a room with less precious flooring.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to aquabunny

Hi! I went back to the Netherlands for he weekend. My husband gets back in a week. We had a nice weekend just the 2 of us. I hope to scrap today, probably take a break from vacation pages and make some cards. I also need to do one back to school page for my son who started middle school. Otherwise, it's all vacation pages for me, I have so many photos.

Henri Jean, have a fabulous trip.

Linda, I hope your husband is feeling better.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to boysmom

I only made 2 cards today instead of 3. Hopefully I will make the 3rd one later today before I put the Bar Mitzvah stamps away. The Hebrew says "Mazel Tov" which is a cross between congratulations and good luck. It's the usual greeting.

Bar Mitzvah card By Boysmom

I printed a greeting on white for the inside.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to boysmom

A good friend and she is more valuable than the floor. But a rug is an awesome idea. Thanks.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
A good friend and she is more valuable than the floor. But a rug is an awesome idea. Thanks.

I buy these rubber stopped things that I put on the legs of all my chairs and that protects the wood floor.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
  • southgirl Said:

I buy these rubber stopped things that I put on the legs of all my chairs and that protects the wood floor.

Similarly, I get felt pads to stick to the bottom of my chairs. I used these in the kitchen because I can't stand the sound of the chair on the tiles. They are cheap and the chairs slide easily.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Frau_Cooney

• Frau_Cooney Said:
  • boysmom Said:
  • southgirl Said:

Similarly, I get felt pads to stick to the bottom of my chairs. I used these in the kitchen because I can't stand the sound of the chair on the tiles. They are cheap and the chairs slide easily.

I am so excited that you are joining this thread he more people the better

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Weds morning dear friends,
I haven't been able to work on anything but I plan on working on something tonight I have 3 more days till our anniversary I need to finish the gift layout. It is sitting in a drawer with most of the cuts done I can't wait to finish it I also bought some really cool anniversary cards stuff at the cameo store.. I can't wait to make it

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

I just bought some felt pads.Thanks y'all. I would not hurt my friends feeling for the world.

I have been down with a summer cold. But before I got this stuff I made 6 cards for Christmas, Yes they are cards but have a drawer so you can put candy, gift card or gifts in

Christmas Card By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 09-23-15 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to southgirl

Those box cards are so cute!

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • Frau_Cooney Said:

I am so excited that you are joining this thread he more people the better

Thanks, Linda. I have been lurking for a while, mostly reading about Henri's travels!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Frau_Cooney

I don't blame you for hanging around for Henri's pages We all are fascinated by all of them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have my table cleaned & I am going to do the anniv. pages I am running out of time

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

I finally got my Music Inspiration Challenge Lo finished!! The song I was given was "No Fear" by Terri Clark.

No Fear By Flhomeschoolmom

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I finally got my Music Inspiration Challenge Lo finished!! The song I was given was "No Fear" by Terri Clark.

No Fear By Flhomeschoolmom

this is wonderful I love the papers, tags & cool photos

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I just bought some felt pads.Thanks y'all. I would not hurt my friends feeling for the world.

I have been down with a summer cold. But before I got this stuff I made 6 cards for Christmas, Yes they are cards but have a drawer so you can put candy, gift card or gifts in

I am so sorry that you have been sick the cards are amazing I love every single thing I am sure the recepients will love them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
I only made 2 cards today instead of 3. Hopefully I will make the 3rd one later today before I put the Bar Mitzvah stamps away. The Hebrew says "Mazel Tov" which is a cross between congratulations and good luck. It's the usual greeting.

I printed a greeting on white for the inside.

These are wonderful cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

this is marvelous hon I love the title so right I love that you added the bandana & the photo of your precious baby wearing one

the 2 fair pages are marvelous too I love the papers, the inking, the design of the page, & the cute fair cuts

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

this is marvelous hon I love the title so right I love that you added the bandana & the photo of your precious baby wearing one

the 2 fair pages are marvelous too I love the papers, the inking, the design of the page, & the cute fair cuts

thanks a lot . I love when people love my layouts make me happy and I am doing a good job on them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SarahWard21

• SarahWard21 Said:
Thanks for the very warm welcome Linda! I thought Id take you up on your offer to join in on this thread!

I just started and finished a mini album tonight!! Im so excited. I haven't actually scrapbooked since my son was born 13 months ago so it was a big deal to get something accomplished!!!

We had taken the kids on a trip to Seattle in may so I bought a Snap Album! it turned out super cute! It was a great way to inspire me to get back into it and it was an easy and fast way to get all the photos done!!!

Glad Dave is feeling a bit better....My DH is named Dave too! xo

I am so glad you did Sarah
I am so glad that you were actually able to scrapbook That is wonderful Congrats on starting & finishing in one day That is fabulous I do not make too many minis but the ones I have done I had a blast working on them They were for my kids though (for birthdays)
I am glad you are back to doing something
my son is named David

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Welcome Sarah! Can't wait to see some of your pages. WIth a 13 month old - I can imagine it would be very hard to get a lot accomplished! Glad you got a snap album done!

Judy - it is so awesome to see you here! The people on this thread are all awesome!

I have a packing list in the computer and every item I need to take is on it.

My makeup is itemized down to mascara and eye drops because when we travel my eyes get tired and red easily.

Every medicine, both prescription and over-the-counter is itemized, all computers, cell phones, our travel alarm clock, q-tip, computer cords, cameras, camera batteries, camera chargers, power adaptors from every country - its all on the list. Even my paper holder I take with me in case I find scrapbook paper somewhere and all my paper keepsakes go in it - that is on the list.

Its a 6 page list and has which suitcase, duffel or backpack and under that - a complete list of what goes in it (and a place to check it off when its packed). I just put the suitcase on the bed and go through the items on the list that go in it.

That makes packing not a very big deal. Even for the 4 month world cruises - I pack the afternoon or night before.

The only decisions I have to make is which clothes I will take which varies depending on time of year and where we are going. If I'm going on a cruise I take a lot of muumuus because they are perfect for tropical ports as well as wearing around the ship. Except when I buy them at Dillard they call them patio dresses. They look like muumuus me.

It is nice that you have such nice lists of things for when you travel I hope that you have a Blast this time

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to TheCraftBunny

• TheCraftBunny Said:
I just spent the whole day organizing my wish list!!! I always get distracted by new products and forget to get what I really needed!! Yay I feel so accomplished now :)))

I do that too sometimes I get way too many pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Henry Jean, my husband and I got our first bird a year after we married. Through the following 3 years, we acquired 2 more birds, one of them being Woodstock, the male sun conure. Sunshine was given to me--free! Before we could get the bird DNA sexed, she laid eggs. Proven hen.

She has laid eggs before, with only 2 'good' clutches. We'd sent 2 chicks to good homes, and have the others. One female is in the California cage (big cage); the other female is in with Sunny and Woodstock. 9 eggs between 2 hens, and 2 'bugs' hatched thus far. *Sigh*

I know I posted a picture of Sunny in my Photograph Gallery. I believe it was taken around the time she had the first 'good' clutch.

she is sure cute

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Those box cards are so cute!

Just wanted to say hi

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Ok, I have a LOT of catching up to do on the forums. But, I have managed to get back to some of my crafty endeavors. I finally got one of my Music challenges done. Now I just need to get the other one finished.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, I had a birthday party to attend today for one of my niece's so I'm tired.

I Want Candy By Flhomeschoolmom

I am so glad that you are back to crafting I have tons to catch up in this thread alone
this is magnificent I love everything I love that song I bet your art journal will be awesome

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I bought a 6' long, 7' high glass avarium which was about 18" wide, maybe 2' wide. I raised lady Guldian finches which were gorgeous little birds.

I don't remember how many clutches I raised - usually 3 chicks per clutch. I hated to give them up but after about 10 years I sold my avairum and all the birds.

It was a lot of work! A very expensive hobby too!

I love birds and really enjoyed having them.

Have you done a page about that ?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:

This card is stunning love the pearls, die, flowers & color I am sorry that happened . I have had friends or scrappers do stuff to my house too. They were always such good friends that i did not say anything to them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Our clutches just 'happened', and I won't remove eggs in fear of egg binding, etc.

This should make for some more interesting pictures.... maybe!

Will be working on another LO or two today.

They sure will be interesting photos can't wait to see the new pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
Hi! I went back to the Netherlands for he weekend. My husband gets back in a week. We had a nice weekend just the 2 of us. I hope to scrap today, probably take a break from vacation pages and make some cards. I also need to do one back to school page for my son who started middle school. Otherwise, it's all vacation pages for me, I have so many photos.

Henri Jean, have a fabulous trip.

Linda, I hope your husband is feeling better.

I am so glad that you two had a great weekend together in the Netherlands It is great that you are going to do something scrappy have fun on your cards have fun on your school page
my dh is doing much better daily thanks for asking

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

thanks a lot . I love when people love my layouts make me happy and I am doing a good job on them

that is too funny that you worry abot them. I have never seen a project that you made that wasn't wonderful I guess it is normal for us to doubt ourself

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to work on the pages again I did a couple things for them yesterday but I want to get much farther I am still behind on reading old posts but I did get through lots yesterday

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Thank you, Linda!

Still have 4 chicks (or 'bugs'). I have a feeling there may be another one sometime tomorrow. Am having a slight 'problem' in getting pictures: The 3 adults 'charge' the camera. Oh, well.

Am glad I never got around to getting any pictures developed. Just got an e-mail with more links to the Rendezvous. So....more pics for scrapping.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Thank you, Linda!

Still have 4 chicks (or 'bugs'). I have a feeling there may be another one sometime tomorrow. Am having a slight 'problem' in getting pictures: The 3 adults 'charge' the camera. Oh, well.

Am glad I never got around to getting any pictures developed. Just got an e-mail with more links to the Rendezvous. So....more pics for scrapping.

oh well..if the pics are not developed then you do not have to scrap them lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got some more things cut

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

Linda, I hope your husband is doing better today after getting back home for a few days.

I am running on slightly less than 3 hours of sleep and am so ready for my youngest son's cold medicine to work so he can sleep and I can have some QUIET. I know that sounds bad, but it isn't...his sleep schedule has gotten messed up from being sick so he has been playing Little Big Planet 2 on the PS3 in full surround sound for a few hours now. I think surround sound should be outlawed between the hours of 11 PM and 8 AM, just my opinion. I realize that the game system runs through our surround sound instead of our TV because my DH uses it to watch movies, but there are times that I find surround sound to be VERY annoying

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am so sorry that he has been sick
Do not feel bad at all. we have felt that way too. It is better for him to be asleep anyway. I sure hope he does go to sleep fast so you can get some relief yourself

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well I have been working all night. my pages are all out but it will be three total I only need to cut 4 more tags & the heart rosette that I bought for the title of the color that I want. then I need to cut a title for the rosette Then I have to write on each tag & adhere.
this is going to take me a long time to do that I am so slow
Dave has been getting better daily but some days he has had lots of mental confusion & saying things that are not true or that don't make sense. but other days he is normal. This is normal for his situation. some of the time he has wanted to drive somewhere.. at 8 am he called Angelas name & said she was here & he was going to take her to the vet I have been staying up all night until my daughter gets here at 1 & she stays till 11. I am sleeping when she gets here

Edited by anda11 on 09-25-15 06:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am starting to write the tags now.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

fall By Southern Lady

fall By Southern Lady

halloween By Southern Lady
Halloween card By Southern Lady

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

True, Linda. However, I was sent the link, and I took it as a not-so-subtle hint to 'do something'......

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I am so sorry that he has been sick
Do not feel bad at all. we have felt that way too. It is better for him to be asleep anyway. I sure hope he does go to sleep fast so you can get some relief yourself

He did finally go to sleep shortly after 8 AM and I was able to catch a nap for a couple of hours on my sofa. However, when I awoke from my nap, being tired was the least of my problems. It would appear as though I have caught whatever my son had. He's no longer running a fever, his sore throat is gone, and his runny nose has chilled out. He does still have a bit of a cough and occasional runny nose. As for me...I have the sore throat, low grade fever, sneezing, and my nose is a dripping faucet. That poor thing is so friggin sore! I know now why my son was up so much. It's almost impossible to sleep when your nose won't stop running. Last night, I did something sort of funny just to stop having to constantly get up and wipe my nose. I got a clean cotton ball, rolled one end of it, tucked it at the corner of the offending nostril and held it there until I fell asleep. It worked quite well.

I spent yesterday cutting paper for 2 reasons. 1) I have far too many index strips to scrapbook papers that my DH got me for Mother's Day 2014 and need to get them out of my way. 2) the little pictures of the papers make nice scraps and some would make cute journaling tags so figured I'd cut them out and keep them. 3) I realized that there were strips of the index piece that had rather interesting bits of the paper photos on them, so I cut those strips out and have decided that I intend to weave them and see what develops from it. If it's nice I'll keep it and if I don't like it then I'll recycle it 4) I liked the background to the index strips and decided that all of the stuff (a good bit really) left over from the squares, rectangles, and strips I had cut would make very nice handmade papers.

I still have a LOT of those index strips to finish dismantling for my newest "projects".

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I went to a garage sale Friday and bought a picture frame with 2 photo's of a little girl taken in the 30's. On the back of the mat was written, "Darling Elina Jane is with the angels now." And on the back of each photo is Elina Jane's name and date she died, April 25, 1935. I sat there and cried. But on a way Elina Jane has obtained a sort of immortality.

I buy old photos to use in my paper crafting and hardly ever spend more than a dollar. But this one is just priceless.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to southgirl

I'm working on trying to declutter my bedroom, which is also my craft room, home office, and where I keep textbooks and other home school resources. Oh, and did I mention that all of my quilt fabrics, quilt books, and issues of various magazines dating back to 2010 are also in there.

I would have made much more progress, but I keep finding crafty things that distract me and want me to play with them.

Well, I'm off to make some spaghetti for dinner. My husband and oldest son now have the virus that my youngest son and myself are now getting over.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to southgirl

I am work on some cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am just checking in I had a bad headache today. I also have had some upper back/shoulder spasms yesterday & today. I am feeling much better now & I have gotten out my pages to work on it a bit.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

Good morning ladies. I am back to working on my vacation pages while waiting for the water meter guy to show up. Hopefully I will get another Poland page done today.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to boysmom

Good morning everyone! I'm dealing with a Tropical system that has decided to visit us. It began raining off and on yesterday, it's raining today and we're supposed to have some heavy thunder storms to go with it. Eww. So, in Northwest Florida it is a very grey, wet and muggy day. If it continues like this, something tells me that my family is going to be singing the Johnny Cash Song "5 feet high and rising" since our town sits between two major rivers and our yard becomes a swamp when we get much rain.

I *might* get some crafting done today, but right now I'm feeling a bit icky. Part of it is from the remainder of this virus my baby boy gave me, part of it is the fact that I forgot to take my antidepressant last night so that makes me dizzy, and this weather is rather depressing.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

a quick check in.. I am working on & writing on my tags..

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

I finished my page. I was struggling yesterday, but this morning it came together more quickly. This is from the same city in Poland as the other page I posted.

Poznan By Boysmom

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I am just checking in I had a bad headache today. I also have had some upper back/shoulder spasms yesterday & today. I am feeling much better now & I have gotten out my pages to work on it a bit.

I am sorry to hear that hope you are better now

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I am making some Christmas things. Just made a tag with Christmas tree balls on it. Will post when it is actually finished. It still needs something.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to southgirl

Over the weekend I did two pages for a baseball game from earlier this summer, and did most of the work for a layout about my weight loss. I did some really cute stuff with the Cameo for that - a paper-pieced sneaker from the Silhouette store, and one I'm really proud of - a life-size paper version of my Fitbit tracker, which I made by using the Studio software to trace a promotional photo of the Fitbit, then copied and arranged the trace into the different layers I would need (including several uses of the Sketch pens). It is adorable. Hoping to finish that layout in the next couple of days.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to aquabunny

I am starting work on some Christmas cards. I don't really mail very many cards and the people that I do mail cards to are very sentimental like me, so they really appreciate the handmade cards.

My grandmother still has a card that my oldest son made her 11 years ago when he was 5. I wanted him to DRAW and decorate a Christmas tree on the front of the card (which was made from construction paper). That was NOT what he did. Instead, he took a REAL pinecone apart, drew a triangle on the paper and then glued the pieces of the pinecone to the triangle to form a tree. It was really cute, he overlapped it and everything. Then he used glue and glitter to decorate it, and wrote "Merry Cristmas" with a marker on the front of it and used crayons to draw the tree base. On the inside he wrote "I you" (he drew the heart) and signed it. She put that thing in the window of her apartment every year for several years to show it off to her neighbors, but then the paper color faded and got a little fragile so she said she put it away with her "treasures". It cost us almost $2 to mail that card!

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I am starting work on some Christmas cards. I don't really mail very many cards and the people that I do mail cards to are very sentimental like me, so they really appreciate the handmade cards.

My grandmother still has a card that my oldest son made her 11 years ago when he was 5. I wanted him to DRAW and decorate a Christmas tree on the front of the card (which was made from construction paper). That was NOT what he did. Instead, he took a REAL pinecone apart, drew a triangle on the paper and then glued the pieces of the pinecone to the triangle to form a tree. It was really cute, he overlapped it and everything. Then he used glue and glitter to decorate it, and wrote "Merry Cristmas" with a marker on the front of it and used crayons to draw the tree base. On the inside he wrote "I you" (he drew the heart) and signed it. She put that thing in the window of her apartment every year for several years to show it off to her neighbors, but then the paper color faded and got a little fragile so she said she put it away with her "treasures". It cost us almost $2 to mail that card!

what a sweet story. And what a good use of the $2. Nobody puts an email card in their "treasures"

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to boysmom

I don't think that's strictly true; I've got many of the early emails between me and my husband, back when we were dating, printed off and stored in a box with our other treasured cards and letters from that period of our lives.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to aquabunny

My grandmother doesn't have a computer, she decided to get rid of the cell phone my aunt bought her because it was too confusing, and she thinks the world doesn't need internet. She's 85, so.

I would have to agree that mailing that card was some of the best things to do with $2.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Oh, I definitely agree, it's very sweet - I made some pretty bulky cards like that for my loved ones when I was that age. I was just offering an alternate perspective on the idea of whether anyone would consider an email a treasure.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Ack! Sounds like my dad. He's 83 1/2, and though I got him a cell phone, he plays 'stoopid'. This is a (retired) chemist who could run a million dollar piece of equipment, too. He got a computer a few months before Mom died--so that had to be 2010. I am 'still' teaching him how to add e-mail addresses. Makes for interesting visits, though.

I showed him the scrapbook I've been working on; made sure I brought it over when his girlfriend was there. Went over pretty well. He got a charge out of the LO I did for his hazel nut entry.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

My grandfather passed away in 2000, they were 3 1/2 weeks from their 51st wedding anniversary. Well, around 2012 or 2013 my grandma began dating a man, and they got engaged. None of the family particularly liked him, but we figured that if she was happy then we would keep our mouth's shut about our opinions of him. But, that changed one day when my grandma's oldest living son offered to drive the man home after a visit with my grandma. My uncle was headed to his own home, so he figured he'd give the old man a ride and save him transit fare. The man decided to have a talk with my uncle. He told my uncle "I know your mom doesn't
want to be with anyone who drinks, so I've been hiding my drinking from her, but that will change after the wedding. If she has a problem with it, then I'll put her in her place. That isn't all that will change either. I've decided that we will move after we get married and none of her kids will be welcome to stay at our house for any reason, and she won't be making long distance calls to her granddaughters in North Florida and Alabama either. She will live by my rules or wish she had.". My uncle did NOT approve of any of this, but he said nothing to the man, he just took him home. But instead of going home himself, he went back to his mom's house and told her he needed to talk to her. He told her, "Momma i've never tried to tell you what to do or to interfere with your life. As long as you are safe, healthy, and happy then I'm content to mind my own business. But momma, I don't want you to marry that man cause I'm afraid he'll hurt you. And to tell you the truth, none of us kids like him, not even Alicia or Jennifer.". He proceeded to tell my grandma exactly what the man said. When my uncle left, she called me (her and my grandfather raised me so I'm considered one of her kids by her). She asked me what I really thought of her boyfriend, and I was reluctant to tell her the truth. But she said, "well I was recently told something about him, and I just want to know how all you kids feel about him before I marry him". I finally told her that I didn't really care for him but as long as she was happy then I would be nice to him. She then asked if my sister felt the same way I did, and I told her she did. Then my grandma told me what my uncle had told her. She then called me back the next day and said, "I gave H back the ring he got me, told him i've decided that I don't really want to get married again, and that I felt as though we should stop seeing each other.".

I'm glad she didn't marry that man because someone hurting that little 4' 9" lady would be a very bad idea. Some of her family would hurt someone over her.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hey guys, I am doing a quick check in I really hope to finish my gift pages today. once I fininish them I can read every post here that I missed I am sorry that I have not read everything yet

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

hello there. I need to start on my Christmas gifts but I found out I am out of my black vinyl. so ask my mom to look for it at j's in californa. seen my j's here doesn't care the vinyl for my cameo and I look at m's and they didn't have any. so hope my mom can find some and ship to me that way I can work on the Christmas gifts.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

i am so sad.... I keep fighting a headache.. .. I will see if I can cut the rest I do not think I can write now.. I just want to get these darn things done. I am so sorry that you are out of black vinyl hon. I hope your mom finds you some.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Ali, dad's girlfriend is pretty decent.

I'd told both of my folks that, in the event either of them died and the other one met someone else, I would let them know what I think. I was thinking of what all happened (or nearly happened) to your grandmother.

Years ago (!), mom and I had some crazy conversation, where she'd stated that, when dad passed away, she wasn't going to bother with a new guy. Basically, she'd had a heck of a time with dad, and she didn't want to go through that a 2nd time. Of course, she passed first.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
i am so sad.... I keep fighting a headache.. .. I will see if I can cut the rest I do not think I can write now.. I just want to get these darn things done. I am so sorry that you are out of black vinyl hon. I hope your mom finds you some.

I am sorry you are get headache. I hate them when I get them. I almost had one Saturday I think because maybe I didn't eat lunch.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:

If your headaches continue, especially if they are combined with sinus pain, pressure, and/or pain behind your eye PLEASE go see your physician. A short round of some antibiotics would be much better than a hospital stay, at home antibiotic IV therapy for weeks, MRI's every 2 weeks for months, and strong tablet antibiotics for another 6 weeks after the IV antibiotics are ended. That actually happened to me at 18 due to a sinus infection that I didn't get antibiotics for and didn't think was serious. In reality, it set up residence between my brain and my skull and formed an access that had I continued to try to ignore could have killed me!

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Good morning everyone! I see that the spam bots were very active overnight .

Yesterday was rather interesting, in a not so good way. First my depression was acting up REALLY bad (it's still acting up at the moment), but around 3:30 yesterday afternoon my husband's 80 yr. old grandmother who lives in the house next to us fell off of her back porch. After being taken to the emergency room we learned that she has broken her clavicle and has to go to an orthopedist. This is her third break in the past 4 years. She had to have a hip replacement in 2012 (along with a triple bypass 5 months later), broke her foot in early 2014 and now has broken her collar bone. She has also gotten 5 sprains in that time. So please say a prayer for her. Until she recovers, my family will be helping to look after her and her handicapped younger sister. And, if that wasn't a bad enough day for me, after dinner I decided to fix the fitted sheet on my bed...just a normal task, and ended up ripping off half of the fingernail to half way down the nail bed on the middle finger of my right hand. OUCH!! I'm right handed and if that thing hits anything it seriously doesn't feel good, so unfortunately now when I'm walking around doing something it sometimes looks like I'm giving something (or someone) the finger....

Edited by flhomeschoolmom on 09-30-15 09:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

Ali and Linda - I hope you both feel better.

My husband came home yesterday. He had been in Europe for 3 months for work. We were with him over the summer but we came back at the beginning of September because the boys have school. I visited him once, but this month has been hard for him. Foodwise, he missed nachos, so that's what we had for dinner last night.

It is rainy here so I made 2 cards this morning. Our oldest son turns 14 on Monday. There is a family we hang out with at track meets who have 3 boys, the youngest turns 4 next Monday, so they are birthday twins. This boy is very rambunctious and fun and the only little kids that my boys actually like. His mother drags him along to his older brother's sports. I made a card for my son to give him during practice next week, which is on their actual birthday. (There will probably be a cupcake too, and the mother knows about it).

Birthday card By Boysmom

It's our birthday card By Boysmom

I bet you can guess which card is which.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

I had to take a break from my pages cause I needed a new mat.. Now I can finish it ( I hope) I am getting tired of t lol my headaches got better last night thankfully I still need to read so many posts here yet

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Where is everyone?

7 sun conure chicks later, I am still here. Managed to figure out how to save the pictures I got via e-mail. The things were sent via a zip folder, which totally messed me up.

While 'saving' said pics, had some good LO ideas. Now if I can only implement said ideas.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I had a headache yesterday. I am going to try & work on my pages.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

It's been raining here so I've been working on my vacation pages.

Here's another Poland page, this is Wroclaw, the other city we visited:
Wroclaw Rynek By Boysmom

and here's a page of the overnight train we took from Netherlands to Poland:
Our Journey Begins... By Boysmom

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Do you know what causes your headaches? I ask only because my husband had migraines.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

They are hormonal. they started when I was a teen. they were always severe . One dr helped figure my triggers yrs later. when I started perimenopause they changed drastically. they are not bad ever us ually. I get more of them but now I can do stuff & not throw up & go in a dark room. YEAH ffor getting older.

I have all my heart tags cut.
I am going to write the rest of them & figure what color I want the title thing . I was driven to finish this page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Ali how are your hurricane issues going??

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

5 more tags written I am just writing these & then I can make the page. I still have lots to write t hough

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

6 more done I only have 9 left

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

We aren't actually getting the hurricane. We are just getting the far reaching outer cloud cover and some misting rain off and on. A few days ago we had a couple of days of torrential downpours and I thought my family was going to be singing the Johnny Cash song "5 feet high and rising", but fortunately that didn't happen. I'm so used to my yard flooding that now I don't think much about ankle deep water.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

that is great

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

whoohoo I got all of my heart tags written on tomorrow I will put it together & chose which color I want for the title. so glad to be almost done

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

that is great anda11

well I finish my fall book that I did for my aunt for Christmas. just later I put pic of us in there when go see her when I head to California. we are going to stay with her for a few days then head to cali for thanksgiving and then when I am at my parents house is print all the pic I took and then put them on there and wrap it up and then when we head back over there I give her the Christmas gift.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am on a mission to finish my pages now not much more to do. Then after I get them done & the card I will go through all these wonderful posts here that I missed

aprilhitebreen
New Kid On the Block
aprilhitebreen
In response to MrsD2008

Hi, I am new here I am working on decorated craft mail boxes as Christmas gifts. and sun catchers! Nice to meet everyone!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics