Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to aprilhitebreen

fall book By Southern Lady

here is my fall book I made for my aunt for Christmas

welcome aprilhitebreen

suebird
Expert
suebird

Hi, April. Nice to meet you!

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to suebird

Great fall book Danielle.
Nice to meet you April.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• aprilhitebreen Said:
Hi, I am new here I am working on decorated craft mail boxes as Christmas gifts. and sun catchers! Nice to meet everyone!

Hi April I am thrilled that you are joining us in this thread
you remind me that my mom sure loved decorative mail boxes I hope you post them in this thread I would love to see them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi dear friends
I want to finish the pages today. I did not feel well yesterday later. When I am done....I will go back & read all the wonderful posts here in this thread

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southern lady

• southern lady Said:

welcome aprilhitebreen

this came out AMAZING Danielle I love every single page, paper, pockets, ribbon, pumpkin wagon she is sure going to love it

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

welcome aprilhitebreen

this came out AMAZING Danielle I love every single page, paper, pockets, ribbon, pumpkin wagon she is sure going to love it

thanks a lot it means a lot to me when people like it

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I am so excited! I got a new toy today My hubby gave me my Christmas present early. He saw me fidgeting with pages trying to get them lined up to form a book with and he handed me a postal box and said "Here this might make things easier. I got it for your Christmas but I haven't wrapped it yet." When I opened it, I found:

Zutter - Bind-It-All - Binding System Version 2

I have been wanting a binding machine for at least two years now. However, I still can't play with it yet...I had to make him order me some wires But still......I am in

And he got me that exact machine! He does nosey though my wish list on here Now I'll make sure to add MORE stuff

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to flhomeschoolmom

fall By Southern Lady

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I am so excited! I got a new toy today My hubby gave me my Christmas present early. He saw me fidgeting with pages trying to get them lined up to form a book with and he handed me a postal box and said "Here this might make things easier. I got it for your Christmas but I haven't wrapped it yet." When I opened it, I found:

I have been wanting a binding machine for at least two years now. However, I still can't play with it yet...I had to make him order me some wires But still......I am in

And he got me that exact machine! He does nosey though my wish list on here Now I'll make sure to add MORE stuff

that nice of him. I try those and I am not great with that machine. I use it at a scrapbook store.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

I like making my own journals, and I like making hand made paper. Well, with the handmade paper, the easiest way to bind them into a book is with a binding machine. The nearest scrapbook store to me is about an hour drive away. When I say that I live in the middle of nowhere, or the middle of cotton and peanut farms...I mean it. I have to drive about a half hour just to go to a Wal-Mart. The only stores in my town are two grocery stores, one Dollar General and one Family Dollar. We used to have an Alco, but after about 3 years it went out of business. The most entertaining events that we have during the course of a year are: 1) The 4th of July celebration (which the town hasn't done since 2013), 2) Homecoming, 3) Goat Day (lived here for 17 years and never been...from what I hear it's a big craft fair with local vendors and church bazzars), 4) the annual Christmas Parade.

I might also add that it's the type of small town where everyone wants to try to put their nose into everyone else's business. And, I once got labeled as "evil" because of trying to cheer up my now 14 year old niece. In February of 2007, my husband's father passed away. That was my niece's grandfather. Well, after the funeral and burial we were all just hanging out at my house (my family lived with my MIL and FIL because we helped care for my FIL). I was wearing all black that day, and while playing with my niece I let her paint my nails black (I told her she could paint them any color she wanted, she chose black) and I painted hers with my clear glitter polish. Then she wanted me to put on make-up (I had washed off the make-up I had wore to the funeral because of mascara and eyeliner streaks). So, I told her to pick the colors for me to put on. She handed me my black eye shadow, black eye liner, black mascara, and...some old black Halloween lipstick! I put it on. She laughed her tail off. BUT, I had to run to the grocery store and pick up some soda, juice boxes, etc. Well, I forgot about my black make up and went to town that way. I suppose it was a bit of a "fright" to see, but the comments people kept making as I walked through that store showed me just how "judgemental" people here are. I had people snatch their children away from me and say "don't go near her she'll hurt you" I just smiled and said, "actually, if your child was in danger I'd probably be the first person to try to help them." I had people say, "well that person is obviously going to H**l, they make it clear that they worship the devil". I smiled and said, "Actually, I'm a member of ________________________ Church and I'm one of the Nursery Sunday School attendants. We'd love to have you come worship with us." But...it took about 3 years for people who saw me that evening to stop saying "bad" things about me. And the sad thing is, they didn't know me or why I looked the way I did....they just ASSUMED that they did.

aprilhitebreen
New Kid On the Block
aprilhitebreen

[image][/image]

Thanks for the welcomes, greatly appreciate it so much

April here is a pic of the mail boxes.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

Those mailboxes are adorable April! You did a fantastic job. And I couldn't help but notice the table you displayed them on. Did you make that? That is so cleaver to use beer bottle caps for a table top.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hey guys I am hoping to get my mind off of things & work on something scrappy.. besides the upcoming tests for my daughter.. I just feel so bad for her.. I wish I could help her. i try to help her if I can.
maybe for a month or so she has been having very dry throat & trouble swallowing. she is so worried about it. Dave & I talk to her many times a day.. to help her feel better.. she comes over too.. I tell her she can call any time day of night she is so scared of choking & not being able to breath... we have code if she calls & doesn't talk I will call the squad for her. I have the same thing (not as bad)but mine is a symptom of huntingtons. she doesn't believe it is a symptom though. There are a ton of symptoms I didn't even realize were symptons. I do not want to tell her t he whole list so she isn't scared. she isn't supposed to have it yet. I feel so bad that she is having to deal with this choking/breathing thing. ,maybe the dr will help find something for her that will help.
Dave & I are here for her though. she is here today

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 10-08-15 01:23 PM
In response to anda11

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to ckair

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

thanks guys... Danie;lle.. I don't know if you saw it but she has been havng lots of stomach issues too. stress meds didn't stop t so she went to the dr & he is doing a scope next week. he said it could be a couple small things hopefully but it also could be hep c a blood disease or leukemia.. that scare me cause my mom had lymphoma & 2 o her sisters had leukemia. but the dr wasn't leaning that way

aprilhitebreen
New Kid On the Block
aprilhitebreen

my father made the table from scratch thanks

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so tired of talking about our family & the medical stuff that we have been through in recent months

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got the heart rosette for the title cut. I need to fin d a font. to use

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my pages are all layed out I still need to cut the title but I can start adhereiing but all of them have lots of pencill lines to erase so I am doing that & then I may need to touch up some journal things that gets erased a bit by erasing then my freaking pages will be finished lol I am plugging away at them Then I can do my fab card that I bought stuff for.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have all 37 tags erased. I nee d to rewrite most of them. I am going to do it tomorrow because I am a bit tired & I do not wan to mess up the final thing I found a f ont..still need to cut that

Susanlhl
Resident
Susanlhl
In response to anda11

I made Cards for the Troops kits today with two friends. We prepped 32 of one type and 54 of another!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Susanlhl

• Susanlhl Said:
I made Cards for the Troops kits today with two friends. We prepped 32 of one type and 54 of another!

I am so happy that you are joining this thread Susan

Congrats on getting so many cards for the troops done
I have donated lots of cards for the troops over the years.
at the moment I am making cards for an abused kids camp & get well cards for kids in the hospital.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so excited I just found this gorgeous pashmina pink horse scarf for my daughter for xmas. It was on sale for 15. she is going to love it

check out this guitar shirt I bought my son for xmas on etsy By Anda11

I got this awesome guitar shirt on etsy for my son for xmas Heis going to love it.

look at this gorgeous pashmina horse scarf I got for my daughter for xmas By Anda11

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

Love the horse scarf

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

she is too her winter coat is pink she has lots of pink stuff..pink cowgirl boots, cowggirl shirts, sweaters. jackets...hoodies.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to clean the table off & fix the writing that got rubbed off & adhere the pages I still need to cut a font

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well i cut one of the anniversary cards.... it is so beautiful Then I developed a headache so I quit working on it. I am so glad I bought it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't worked on anything yet. the reason I bought a guitar shirt for David is cause I am also going to give him guitar picks I found on etsy that are engraved. they say cute & funny tings like I pick you. I also found a gift card holder that is rectangular shape like a box at the cameo store that has a guitar on it so the picks will fit in there for sure. I taught m son to play when he was a kid so did my brother who taught me when I was a kid. My dad bought me an Ovation guitar when they first came out 60s or 7os (probably a gift) I gave it to my son a few years ago. the next heritage page is my brother & all the people he taught to play guitar all through his life (he did it at a store too )

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I haven't done anything scrappy but I was going through some clip art on pinterest & I found 2 pink with roses on them balet tutus that go with the journal box but I guess I didn't see them cause I printed them both cause I haven't quite finished the balet rose paper I am using. . I have lots of stickers & 3 d stickers too of balet dresses etc that I arranged on the page with pink roses too.. rose brads... I also stamped a teddy bear dressed as a ballet dancer that I colored in with my pencils. it is by P hillman Cherished Teddies I have a ful drawer of her bear stamps . I am so glad to find these dresses too:) they will be perfect my daughter is called boo bear

Edited by anda11 on 10-11-15 09:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Lol so frustrated. I saw a video on you tube on making a tea bag dispenser box. But the lady used 1/16th inch score board measuring. My Martha Stewart score board only scores at 1/8th. I watched the video again and she is using a Martha Stewart board. I think her measurements are wrong. So I made my own.....whew talk about a challenge. But it got done and I will post a picture as soon as I finish embellishing it.

Tea Bag Dispenser box By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 10-12-15 01:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to southgirl

I finally finished the tags I had been working on today.

Christmas tags By Southgirl

lilymommy
Diva
lilymommy
In response to anda11

Just getting back into scrapping after about 7 years away. Starting with current pics and working my way back

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to lilymommy

HI Lily I am so happy that you are joining us in this thread
I am glad you are back to scrapping

Beautiful name.....my aunt was named Lillie Laverne.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I couldn't help but work on the ballet page when she was 3 It is so sweet I am so glad I found other stuff.... I am still playing with it though.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I adhered some of the ballet page last night now My daughter is here coloring She just told me how she just found pages online I told her there have been tons online. she has been printing them out. she says she just loves to color..I said well you got that from me I have always loved it since I was a kid. I taught you too. I always do it from a stamped image to a coloring page for a page or card. she still has a bunch of her coloring books

I am going to finish the 3 pages if I can

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have the pages out.. now to finish.. my dd is so excited cause she said let's color tonight while we watch tv I am going to stamp some of the kid cards things here.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got more of the page done & now I am going to stamp some images for the kids cards. my dd & I are going to work on stuff she stays over here most of the time... it probably is cause of her meds & her panic but she seems a lot better

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to anda11

I want to go out on a limb here and say I'm going to be working on Christmas cards this weekend. Due to life happening I haven't had a chance to get anything done, including working on Christmas cards. I also won't be able to make it to Scrapbook Expo this weekend. For that I am totally bummed.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

well yesterday I was work on my Christmas gift for my grandma a family tree. I got cut by the glass on my finger

suebird
Expert
suebird

I know what you are saying. I often 'make plans' to do something, and then have a major detour happen.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

Going to a crop this weekend. Going to finish my Christmas cards (I hope) and the mini album I am making for a Christmas present. But....I will probably end up only doing a few cards and maybe make the cover to the mini. The real decision is do I go Friday and Saturday or just Saturday? And I want to make a Christmas version of the tea bag dispenser box. Yeah I think Friday is in. LOL

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to southgirl

Been working on a baby album for a friend. It will be 32 pages, and I've completed 7 of them. A bunch of products from completely unrelated brands and product lines are matching together perfectly for this. So fun.

Does anyone know of an online printing service that prints both 4x6 and 4x4 pics? I'm creating mats for both sizes because I know she takes a lot of square Instagram-style photos, and I'm thinking about including a gift card or voucher for a printing service. I use Shutterfly, but I think they don't do square photos.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

yes I do I switched to MPIX a couple years ago. they also do it for photographers. there quality is great & & the shipping is very reasonable & I think their prices are too. They have all different sizes. I am sure they will have what you want I have a ton of 3x5 pics & most places do them as 4x6 which ruins them & they do not have 3x5 anymore but Mpix does I made a mistake on a gift order & I asked if I had done it myself ( playing cards) & he said yes but he redid them for me free & shipped them next day so they have great customer service too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have just been putzing around Dave's term I worked on one thing then another & tonight I am working on my halloween cards. I just cut a clip art witch on my cameo I am now going to cut t he letters too
Angela has her stomach scope in the morning I am just thinking positive thoughts about it.. I know she is very stressed about it but I am glad it will be done tomorrow so she doesn't have anymore worry about it. she had a very bad experience with dentist when she did the same type of anesthesia so that is why & she is worried about choking since she has been doing that but she has been feeling lots better too

I need to read all of your posts here for a long time I will be so glad not to have to worry about anything medical for all of my famly

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well yesterday I was work on my Christmas gift for my grandma a family tree. I got cut by the glass on my finger

I am so deeply sorry that you hurt yourself hon

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

here is a Christmas gift for my mom that I made

float frame By Southern Lady

a card I made
christmas card By Southern Lady

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy

I work 12hr nights...so technically, my weekend just started today. I am going to organize some paper (due to inspiration from DWelch's post on scraps). I would also like to try out some die cuts.

lilymommy
Diva
lilymommy
In response to shygypsy

Just plugging away at 2015 pics. Just started scrapping again so I'm starting with recent and going backwards. Stopped in 2008 so I have a way to go. I've been doing a lot lately so I'm starting to feel burnt out. going to do some shopping and print sketches for motivation

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to lilymommy

Southern Lady you do beautiful items. Love the elf!!!!

It took me a moment to see the "family" frame. Cute.

I went to the Crop Friday and Saturday and got one thing done and got closer on getting my 3 mini albums done.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to southgirl

Once again I am planning to work on Christmas cards, hopefully my Graphic 45 stamps from here will get to my home in time. I'm doing a Victorian style Christmas card, I also need to start working on three mini books for my mom and siblings in FL of our beach and boat family reunion.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 10-20-15 09:49 PM

I am done with all the projects I am going to show and/or sell at our 1st annual Woodcrest Community Art Fair on the 24th & 25th. I have 3d cards, dispenser boxes, match boxes, desk caddys, card boxes, and a set of 20 origami nested boxes.
Most are pictured in my gallery; http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/155177/view /5471797/...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

hello dear friends, I think I can finally breathe now my daughter's test results were today & they did not find anything bad. I was really frightened that it was leukemia even thought the dr said they were not leaning that way but since mom & her 2 sisters had it I was worried.

I have to catch up on all of these posts sorry to miss so many

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
I am done with all the projects I am going to show and/or sell at our 1st annual Woodcrest Community Art Fair on the 24th & 25th. I have 3d cards, dispenser boxes, match boxes, desk caddys, card boxes, and a set of 20 origami nested boxes.
Most are pictured in my gallery; http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/155177/view /5471797/...

I am so excited that you got them all done that sure is a bunch of stuff I saw the candy dispensers..so cute & I am sure people will love them what a cute gift for people to buy I love the desk caddies they look so cool & I am sure those will be successful too The boxes with the Tim car on them are awesome I love the papers you used I love your card boxes too :)so cool )You sure have been very busy I sure hope that you make a killing there I hope you sell everything You are very very very talented Don I wish you good luck there your stuff is awesome

Edited by anda11 on 10-20-15 11:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Once again I am planning to work on Christmas cards, hopefully my Graphic 45 stamps from here will get to my home in time. I'm doing a Victorian style Christmas card, I also need to start working on three mini books for my mom and siblings in FL of our beach and boat family reunion.

I am so glad that you are here again Kimberly
Congrats on your new stamps that are on the way I love Graphic 45 Your Victorian card sure sounds like it will be so great I can't wait till you show us Have a blast when you are working on those albums I sure love to work on minis I am sure your mom 7 siblings will love them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Southern Lady you do beautiful items. Love the elf!!!!

It took me a moment to see the "family" frame. Cute.

I went to the Crop Friday and Saturday and got one thing done and got closer on getting my 3 mini albums done.

I am so glad you went to a crop congrats on getting one thing done I am glad that you got further on the minis

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to lilymommy

• lilymommy Said:
Just plugging away at 2015 pics. Just started scrapping again so I'm starting with recent and going backwards. Stopped in 2008 so I have a way to go. I've been doing a lot lately so I'm starting to feel burnt out. going to do some shopping and print sketches for motivation

Hi Lily
I am sorry that you are feeling burnt out I used to try to keep caught up & chrono but thank goodness I saw someone say... I quit trying to be caught up & in order & it caused them to stop having scrapping stress. I did what they did.. I scrapped out of order.. I scrapped what ever pics I wanted to do next I have so many pics there is no way I can catch up anyway. when I die my family & kids will love every single page I did even if it was out of order they are not going to care how many pages i did about a certain subject my kids are in their 30s & they love all of the pages I do they will be grateful to have the quantity i have & not think why didn't i scrap x. they will see the love I put into each page & they will feel that no matter how many or what I did
scrapping should be a fun hobby If any part of it stresses you & makes it not fun do not worry about being in order or caught up scrapping is a blast if you do not let part of it make you hate it

Edited by anda11 on 10-21-15 12:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to shygypsy

• shygypsy Said:

I work 12hr nights...so technically, my weekend just started today. I am going to organize some paper (due to inspiration from DWelch's post on scraps). I would also like to try out some die cuts.

Hi Akiko congrats on your weekend i hope you get your scraps organized & that you got some die cuts done on your days off

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

float frame By Southern Lady

a card I made

the frame is really awesome I am sure she will love it

this card is just precious I love the cute image with the pom pom skirt love the paper & ribbon & greeting

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Been working on a baby album for a friend. It will be 32 pages, and I've completed 7 of them. A bunch of products from completely unrelated brands and product lines are matching together perfectly for this. So fun.

Does anyone know of an online printing service that prints both 4x6 and 4x4 pics? I'm creating mats for both sizes because I know she takes a lot of square Instagram-style photos, and I'm thinking about including a gift card or voucher for a printing service. I use Shutterfly, but I think they don't do square photos.

Hi Andrea I am so glad you are having so much fun on the baby album. I always mix different brands of stuff when I work on stuff I am sure she will love it
I switched to MPIX a couple years ago they are for photographers but they also do anyone I am sure they have all sizes. I switched for a couple reasons..I have lots of 3x5& no one does them any more or they do them in 4x6 which ruins them. I read lots of message boards post about them look at the sizes.. I thought I noticed they have all sizes they have good prices & reasonable shipping too & great customer service I made a mistake on an order ( playing cards) I asked if it was my fault..it was but he redid it free & sent it free next day air I love them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Going to a crop this weekend. Going to finish my Christmas cards (I hope) and the mini album I am making for a Christmas present. But....I will probably end up only doing a few cards and maybe make the cover to the mini. The real decision is do I go Friday and Saturday or just Saturday? And I want to make a Christmas version of the tea bag dispenser box. Yeah I think Friday is in. LOL

I hope you had a blast at the crop I do not blame you for going to both I am not sure I know what you mean tea bag dispenser box

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
I know what you are saying. I often 'make plans' to do something, and then have a major detour happen.

That happens to me to

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Lol so frustrated. I saw a video on you tube on making a tea bag dispenser box. But the lady used 1/16th inch score board measuring. My Martha Stewart score board only scores at 1/8th. I watched the video again and she is using a Martha Stewart board. I think her measurements are wrong. So I made my own.....whew talk about a challenge. But it got done and I will post a picture as soon as I finish embellishing it.

such a beautiful tea box Linda love the papers & dies you used I am sorry that she had the measurements wrong & that you had to redo it. It was well worth it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I finally finished the tags I had been working on today.

such gorgeous tags Linda love the santa & the ornaments & papers.. love all of them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Kimberly Rae Said:
I want to go out on a limb here and say I'm going to be working on Christmas cards this weekend. Due to life happening I haven't had a chance to get anything done, including working on Christmas cards. I also won't be able to make it to Scrapbook Expo this weekend. For that I am totally bummed.

I am so deeply sorry that you are not able to go to the expo I hope that you are able to get your cards done soon so you won't need yo worry about them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:

WHOOHOO I am so excited for you He is an awesome husband That is great that he checks your wishlist too I agree... add more Have a good time with it when ever you are able to open it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

his is wonderful hon I love the papers & design & title & leaves

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I like making my own journals, and I like making hand made paper. Well, with the handmade paper, the easiest way to bind them into a book is with a binding machine. The nearest scrapbook store to me is about an hour drive away. When I say that I live in the middle of nowhere, or the middle of cotton and peanut farms...I mean it. I have to drive about a half hour just to go to a Wal-Mart. The only stores in my town are two grocery stores, one Dollar General and one Family Dollar. We used to have an Alco, but after about 3 years it went out of business. The most entertaining events that we have during the course of a year are: 1) The 4th of July celebration (which the town hasn't done since 2013), 2) Homecoming, 3) Goat Day (lived here for 17 years and never been...from what I hear it's a big craft fair with local vendors and church bazzars), 4) the annual Christmas Parade.

I might also add that it's the type of small town where everyone wants to try to put their nose into everyone else's business. And, I once got labeled as "evil" because of trying to cheer up my now 14 year old niece. In February of 2007, my husband's father passed away. That was my niece's grandfather. Well, after the funeral and burial we were all just hanging out at my house (my family lived with my MIL and FIL because we helped care for my FIL). I was wearing all black that day, and while playing with my niece I let her paint my nails black (I told her she could paint them any color she wanted, she chose black) and I painted hers with my clear glitter polish. Then she wanted me to put on make-up (I had washed off the make-up I had wore to the funeral because of mascara and eyeliner streaks). So, I told her to pick the colors for me to put on. She handed me my black eye shadow, black eye liner, black mascara, and...some old black Halloween lipstick! I put it on. She laughed her tail off. BUT, I had to run to the grocery store and pick up some soda, juice boxes, etc. Well, I forgot about my black make up and went to town that way. I suppose it was a bit of a "fright" to see, but the comments people kept making as I walked through that store showed me just how "judgemental" people here are. I had people snatch their children away from me and say "don't go near her she'll hurt you" I just smiled and said, "actually, if your child was in danger I'd probably be the first person to try to help them." I had people say, "well that person is obviously going to H**l, they make it clear that they worship the devil". I smiled and said, "Actually, I'm a member of ________________________ Church and I'm one of the Nursery Sunday School attendants. We'd love to have you come worship with us." But...it took about 3 years for people who saw me that evening to stop saying "bad" things about me. And the sad thing is, they didn't know me or why I looked the way I did....they just ASSUMED that they did.

I am so glad that you make home made paper.. I used to do that years ago great fun journals with the paper sure sounds nice
I am so sorry to hear more about people who don't or didn't always treat you right & be mean to you.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• aprilhitebreen Said:
[image][/image]

Thanks for the welcomes, greatly appreciate it so much

April here is a pic of the mail boxes.

that is just precious I love the snowman, the tree, every single thing in there

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• aprilhitebreen Said:
my father made the table from scratch thanks

that is awesome my dad used to make stuff all the time

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
Ali and Linda - I hope you both feel better.

My husband came home yesterday. He had been in Europe for 3 months for work. We were with him over the summer but we came back at the beginning of September because the boys have school. I visited him once, but this month has been hard for him. Foodwise, he missed nachos, so that's what we had for dinner last night.

It is rainy here so I made 2 cards this morning. Our oldest son turns 14 on Monday. There is a family we hang out with at track meets who have 3 boys, the youngest turns 4 next Monday, so they are birthday twins. This boy is very rambunctious and fun and the only little kids that my boys actually like. His mother drags him along to his older brother's sports. I made a card for my son to give him during practice next week, which is on their actual birthday. (There will probably be a cupcake too, and the mother knows about it).

Birthday card By Boysmom

It's our birthday card By Boysmom

I bet you can guess which card is which.

I am so glad your husband was able to come home the 1st card is so cute I am sure he will love it
That 2nd sure looks like a travel journal love the paper, balloon, ticket, twine, stamped image I bet he will love it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
It's been raining here so I've been working on my vacation pages.

Here's another Poland page, this is Wroclaw, the other city we visited:
Wroclaw Rynek By Boysmom

and here's a page of the overnight train we took from Netherlands to Poland:
Our Journey Begins... By Boysmom

this is an amazing page love the sketch, papers, title, saying, what a beautiful family you have what a wonderful thing to do is to see the sites by train
I love the other page..love how you added the pics & the papers too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to pull out my page about my brother Ang has been staying busy on my desk to feel less stressed lol she was coloring. she found lots of pages & used my pencils but she markers too. we both want Copics she just found out about them she has always colored & has coloring books too she also started making stuff doing origami my son used to do that he used to love it s
I hope when I pull the stuff out I can make it quickly

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

Just catching up on all the beautiful work int his thread. That mailbox is fabulous.

About scrapbook expo, sorry you couldn't make it, but the one here in September was pretty disappointing so maybe you didn't miss that much.

I'm working on another train page. I picked a challenging sketch and am struggling, but I already cut the paper, so I will persevere and find a way to like it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

so sorry you are struggling Louise maybe if you keep working you will like it better later.

I have all the pics & clip art i printed for the guitar page on the table. I am now going to see if I can figure which papers I want to use on it

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

thanks Linda. Nothing like a new day to see things differently. It's now done except I'm waiting for it to dry, I'll share it later.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

You are so right fresh eyes do help I am glad you like it now I can't wait to see it I am finidng that my new cool guitar paper sure doesn't go the way i like. colors are perfect though but it is black background & my stuff hides or is lost so I am still seeing what I can do about it

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

It's like Don's but I used a scoreboard not a die. I have since adapted it for chocolate dispenser.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

float frame By

Southern Lady

a card I made

the frame is really awesome I am sure she will love it

this card is just precious I love the cute image with the pom pom skirt love the paper & ribbon & greeting

thanks a lot

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

well I am piss I broke my glass that had my family tree almost done and make me mad. but there was another glass on the float frame. so I have to re do the family tree.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:

It's like Don's but I used a scoreboard not a die. I have since adapted it for chocolate dispenser.

now I know cause I saw these & left some love for you & I posted it on a post right above this

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
well I am piss I broke my glass that had my family tree almost done and make me mad. but there was another glass on the float frame. so I have to re do the family tree.

Oh no Danielle you sure are having a terrible time working on this frame

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got discouraged on the page I was working on but I just found a 2 pg lo that I almost had finished so I am going to finish that tonight it is my sr pics & proofs

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

Here's my train page:
Travel by Train By Boysmom

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

yea I do. I was so mad

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

YAY my stamps came in today! Thank you SB.com! So I will be working on Christmas cards this weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
Here's my train page:
Travel by Train By Boysmom

this is wonderful i love the papers, flowers, ticket, filmstrip, key & banner I do not know why you worried so much..no need to

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • southern lady Said:

yea I do. I was so mad

I don't blame you for being mad

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Kimberly Rae Said:
YAY my stamps came in today! Thank you SB.com! So I will be working on Christmas cards this weekend.

WHOOHOOOO yeah on getting them in time to work this weekend :):)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to try & work on my pages if I can

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good thursday morning dear friends

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

A quick hello - we are in Singapore today. Just got off the ship. Don't know how long we will be here.

We are watching for a military hop and there may be one going to Tokyo tomorrow morning - we won't know until around 7AM. If there is, we are going to try to be on it. If not, we will be in Singapore for a few more days.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to Henri Jean

I got 3 new dies today. I have not had a chance to make any cuts yet. I got the Paper Artist "Lacy Tapistry" and Sizzix "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" and a frame one. I have been busy making the Ghirardelli dispensers. Sold 2 already.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

2015 World Cruise - Page 245 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 246 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 247 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 248 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
A quick hello - we are in Singapore today. Just got off the ship. Don't know how long we will be here.

We are watching for a military hop and there may be one going to Tokyo tomorrow morning - we won't know until around 7AM. If there is, we are going to try to be on it. If not, we will be in Singapore for a few more days.

OH WHOOHOOO Henri
I am sooo glad you were able to check in we all miss you here

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I got 3 new dies today. I have not had a chance to make any cuts yet. I got the Paper Artist "Lacy Tapistry" and Sizzix "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" and a frame one. I have been busy making the Ghirardelli dispensers. Sold 2 already.

Oh Linda I am so excited that you got your new dies Lacy tapistry sounds nice.. sizzix always has such cool christmas dies I have some the frame one sounds very useful
Congrats on selling 2 of the chocolate dispensers. i hope you sell all of them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

this sure was an amazing adventure for you You sure were very brave to follow your plan IT looks like it was well worth it I am so glad you did so you were able to see all of the sites you saw there
i loved the photo of you wearing the head covering I loved the money... the exchange cards sure are a great idea the photo of the scenery was gorgeous the photo of you two on the horses was just stunning

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to get out my lo now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got the journal box written..waiting for it to dry I adhered some & I am seeing if I love adding lots of mini roses to the photo corners. That is what I bought them for I have to add t hose too then I will be done with both it will be so good to finish a page

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics