Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Fri morning dear friends
I just need to adhere everything.. it is all sitting in place I really love it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am finished but I hate my camera.. it is so hard to get a decent shot..my old camera I could take a shot & it would be perfect with the pages after 1 try. I have a number of pages that need pics taken.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

well I am hope that this weekend I can work on the family tree and this glass doesn't not break.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southern lady

me too hon

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Your comments are so sweet Linda! You are amazing to keep up with everyone comments and layouts like you do! So glad to be here!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 249 Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 250 Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 251 Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 252 Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

Working on ideas for my Christmas cards this year, got my stamps from here on Wednesday and plan on a Victorian/SteamPunk style Christmas card. I also have three mini books that I need to put together for my family for Christmas. We had a family reunion out at the beach in FL this year. All my family is from FL, I'm all the way out in CA.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

Noticed on your signature that you are a Navy Veteran. Thank you so much for your service! I appreciate all our military men and women more than "thank you" can ever convey.

My husband is a 20 year Special Forces guy.

We are also in Florida - Our home is in Ocala.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

• Henri Jean Said:
Noticed on your signature that you are a Navy Veteran. Thank you so much for your service! I appreciate all our military men and women more than "thank you" can ever convey.

I am in CA, but was born and raised in FL. I also used to live in Hawthorne just north of Ocala on 301.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

My husband is retired Navy, 20 years in the submarine service.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 10-24-15 05:46 PM

Today was the first day of the Art Fair. I sold a lot of stuff, and I am now able to afford to go to the CKC next month. I have one more day at the Fair. I am going to take my Christmas cards and see if they sell. I also got some orders to make more items.
This is my very first time to sell my art items. I have sold supplies to purge my stash, but never my finished project.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

I admire you - I need to start selling some of my stash I never use and never will use! I could scrap for the next hundred years - every day - and not go through it all!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 253 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 254 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 255 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 256 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Your comments are so sweet Linda! You are amazing to keep up with everyone comments and layouts like you do! So glad to be here!

Thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

These are fabulous too I love all of the background papers too I love the map.. you are correct about the tickets...so beautiful I love the background papers too
I love the pics of you standing next to the guards I can see the craggy rocks so beautiful
I love the collage of gorgeous photos..:)
I love the pic of you guys on the horses it is awesome all of the pics are gorgeous

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Working on ideas for my Christmas cards this year, got my stamps from here on Wednesday and plan on a Victorian/SteamPunk style Christmas card. I also have three mini books that I need to put together for my family for Christmas. We had a family reunion out at the beach in FL this year. All my family is from FL, I'm all the way out in CA.

hey Kimberly
I am glad you are working on ideas for the cards I think the victorian steam punk style will be wonderful I am sure all of your family will love the reunion mini books who wouldn't ??

Edited by anda11 on 10-24-15 11:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

hey hon I know I have thanked you & your family in the past for his service but I can never ever say it enough.. If I said it 100 times a day..it is still not enough. thank Bill again for me. we are only here because of our brave men & women & their families

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Kimberly Rae Said:
My husband is retired Navy, 20 years in the submarine service.

Hey KImberly were you in the Navy too? I want to say the exact same thing that I just told Henri
If I said it 100 times a day.. I could never ever thank you enough for your husbands service..I know it involves the whole family. Please give him a hug & a huge thanks from me same for you if you were in or just the wife. I know we would not be here without out all of our brave men & women & families

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
Today was the first day of the Art Fair. I sold a lot of stuff, and I am now able to afford to go to the CKC next month. I have one more day at the Fair. I am going to take my Christmas cards and see if they sell. I also got some orders to make more items.
This is my very first time to sell my art items. I have sold supplies to purge my stash, but never my finished project.

WHOOHOOOO Don I am so excited that you sold a lot I am so glad that you will be able to go to CKC I am glad you got some orders I hope you sell lots more tomorrow especially the xmas cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I admire you - I need to start selling some of my stash I never use and never will use! I could scrap for the next hundred years - every day - and not go through it all!

don't feel bad..I know lots of people just like you

Edited by anda11 on 10-25-15 12:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been trying to get pics of my heritage pages for days.. I finally think I found a way to have it look ok..now my card reader won't read in my computer. oh boo.. I have a bunch of pages to post too. after I bought my camera 3 yrs ago..I found bad reviews that said it was hard to get a bright enough photos so that is the problem.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

that is stunning & spectacular I can see why you wanted to see it so bad I love all of these stupendous & spectacular pics I love the ones of you guys next to the rock...with the camels too i can see why you had this on your travel bucket list

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Oh well my new pastime is sorting tons of heritage pics I had over 1000s & It was hard to see so I gave them categories last year but I never finished.. I am finding some fab pages there ::)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I really want to work on something so I am going to maybe do some cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just got the saying for my halloween cards cut I already have the witches done YEAH now I am going to see which card it might fit that I bought I will be so glad to get th ese done

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to anda11

hello and good morning

well I got some of my family tree done now I just need my husband to write everyone name on the apples small.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

halloween By Southern Lady

halloween By Southern Lady

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:
hello and good morning

well I got some of my family tree done now I just need my husband to write everyone name on the apples small.

whoohoo Danielle

Edited by anda11 on 10-25-15 06:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• southern lady Said:

These are both adorable cards I love all the cute papers & the way you arranged them..love the cute owl & spider:) They are sure going to be loved by the recipients

I am so glad that I saw the link for the free adhesive challenge in your cards that is an amaziong prize

Edited by anda11 on 10-25-15 08:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chunka 
Resident
In response to anda11

Hi Scrappers, I've been working on a couple of new sketches today and tomorrow I'm posting some Halloween matchbox art I'm working on.

www.scrapthology.blogspot.co.uk

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to chunka

HI MIchelle It is great that you are here again I just checked out your sketches & they are all fabulous

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Chunka I checked out your blog and man you are talented. Good job just doesn't seem to cover it, I love you layout sketches.

Southernlady, I like your cards. They are clean and simple yet fascinating at the same time.

I made some Ghriardelli Chocolate Dispenser Boxes this week. I am now trying to make a hot chocolate package dispenser box. Almost got it ready to make.

Here are 3 of the chocolate boxes:

Graphic 45 Ghirardelli Chocolate Dispenser Box By Southgirl

Ghirardelli Chocolate Dispenser Box By Southgirl

Ghirardell Chocolate Dispenser Box in pink By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 10-28-15 07:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to southgirl

well I need to finish my sister Christmas gift.

those are nice chocolate boxes

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Chunka I checked out your blog and man you are talented. Good job just doesn't seem to cover it, I love you layout sketches.

Southernlady, I like you cards. They are clean and simple yet fascinating at the same time.

I made some Ghriardelli Chocolate Dispenser Boxes this week. I am now trying to make a hot chocolate package dispenser box. Almost got it ready to make.

Here are 3 of the chocolate boxes:

Graphic 45 Ghirardelli Chocolate Dispenser Box By Southgirl

Ghirardelli Chocolate Dispenser Box By Southgirl

Ghirardell Chocolate Dispenser Box in pink By Southgirl

Oh LInda these are all Amazing i love the flower pink with the birds & the bow I love the halloween one, I love the other halloween one with the holographic images.. that is too cool I can't believe you did it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been adhereing my card letters

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Today I'm just posting photos of Petra of the area beyond the Treasury Building. The little openings or doorways all over the rocks were once tombs. I don't know what happened to the sarcophaguses but in years past the Bedouins moved into the little cave/tombs and lived in them.

Now no one lives in them.

2015 World Cruise Page 257 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 258 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 259 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 260 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Henri Jean these photo's are beautiful. That trip is one I wish I could make. I will just have to be happy seeing your pictures.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

Thank you! That is a very sweet compliment. Sometimes I would like to be home more!

We are in Singapore but there is a military hop to Tokyo at 6:30AM. Hate that is so early but we are going to try to be on it.

After Tokyo - no idea. My husband is now talking about Alaska for a few days or if there is a flight to Seattle we will take it and the goal is to get home to Florida. Hawaii isn't out of the question either although we've been there for over a month already this year.

Wherever the planes are going - that is where we will go. That is how we travel!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We just checked our luggage in and will be on a plane shortly headed for Tokyo. Then will take a couple days to just relax and chill and adjust to the time change.

Here's a few more before we board:

2015 World Cruise - Page 261 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 262 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 263 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to mrsdriver5

christmas gift By Southern Lady

this a coaster for my sister I made for Christmas

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - Page 264 - Dead Sea By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - page 265 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - page 266 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise - page 267 - Petra, Jordan By Henri Jean

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

Beautiful pages. Did you get to swim (float) in the Dead Sea? It is one of the oddest experiences ever.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

We talked about it (Bill swam in the Dead Sea) but we wanted to get to Jerusalem before dark. It was Good Friday and we didn't have a room. I was too excited about Jerusalem for stop and do anything.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I have really gone back and forth on whether to post my Israel layouts since they are so personal. It was a very spiritual trip for me and my emotions were running on high which comes across very strong in my journaling. I didn't want to tone it down, I wanted to remember how I felt and I want my kids to know how I felt when they get these books to help them know and understand me.

There are a lot of Bible references and scriptures which I used to show the significance or importance of the different sites.

Terri and I talked about it on PM and she said to post them. I value her advice so I'm going to do it. In some of the photos you can see tears running down my face, but that is how it was to me. I was completely overwhelmed.

To the point that I gave Bill the camera and told him I didn't want to take pictures here, I wanted to "feel" and "experience" Jerusalem without a camera around my neck so he took all the pictures or our guide took them. I never touched the camera in Jerusalem until Easter Sunday when we were walking on the ramparts.

Anyway, anyone who would like to go along on this journey through Israel, I hope you enjoy the layouts. It was certainly an education for me.

This first photo of us in front of the Damascus Gate I think. I'm almost positive.

2015 World Cruise page 268 Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise page 269 Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 270 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 271 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to don1

Don,

Congrats on your success at the art show! I am thinking of getting a booth at a harvest bazaar (at a school). I have never done anything like this before so I don't know if I will have time to make enough things to sell. The bazaar is Nov 20 and 21. I know this venue is a lot smaller compared to being part of an art show, but would really value your input on how to go about it.

Congrats again!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 10-29-15 11:27 AM
In response to shygypsy

First, my Art fair was at a senior community. There were 7 vendors including me. Most of our customers were other members of the park and their friends. We had a few outsiders.
We have a long list of things to do better next year.
In the 2 days I sold about $140 in 14 hours. We won't begin to discuss time and material to make the items, but $140 will be in my pocket when I go to CKC in 2 weeks.
The hot sales items were my 3d cards (http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/155177/view /5289835/-1/0/0.html) $6.00, and dispenser boxes (http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/155177/view /5471797/-1/0/0.html) $1.00.

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to don1

Thank you for replying Don...

I didn't know that there was a candy dispenser die. I could use one for sure. I was thinking of putting together little boxes of candy for my co-workers in my unit for the holidays. This would be a cute way of doing just that. Where did you get it? Online? I have never seen one of these at the HobLob or M's or even J's. I could use this at the bazaar as well if I could get it in time. Ugh...

If I do the bazaar, it would be to help pay for all of my daughter's competitions for engineering that are state and nationwide, plus for her rugby team.

I understand about time and cost. From what I understand, to have a booth at this bazaar, the cost is $50 but I believe that is the going rate for this type of thing. I wish I had friends here that would be willing to go in with me. The cost of the booths go to the PTO of the school, so it is a good cause. The question is can I make enough things on my own to do this and still make money? I really want to, but am hesitant at the same time because I have never done this before.

I wish there were more people here from the Boise area, so I can ask if they would like to do this with me. There was a girl from here, that used to post....but I haven't seen her post for a long time.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to shygypsy

pew baby By Southern Lady

here is a angle I made for my aunt for christmas

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 10-29-15 02:22 PM
In response to shygypsy

They have them on sale here in the Superstore. It's called "Candy Dispenser" by We R Memory Keepers.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to don1

I'm still working on my trip, back to the 2-page layouts. Here's one on the Main Square in Bratislava.
Bratislava By Boysmom

shygypsy
Resident
shygypsy
In response to don1

How long does shipping take from here? Do you think it would arrive in time for me to make some for the bazaar?

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 10-29-15 09:29 PM
In response to shygypsy

I'd guess a week, unless you pay for expedited delivery.
I'd call them; 480-832-5348 or 1-800-727-2726.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to shygypsy

• shygypsy Said:

How long does shipping take from here? Do you think it would arrive in time for me to make some for the bazaar?

They don't always pack things up immediately, but if you pay for the quicker shipping then they do. Regular shipping takes close to 10 days for me in NJ. I paid extra for the 2-day once and it came really quickly.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to boysmom

Jean, Thanks for your nice comment about my layout. Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia. The country used to be part of Czechoslovakia and Prague was the capital then, so it is a relatively new capital and it looks like they suddenly had to fit in embassies and such, right into the downtown. The city is on the Danube, not that far from Vienna, although obviously on the other side. There is a castle on a hill right in the city and another a short boat ride up the Danube. Here is my page of the other castle:
Devon Castle By Boysmom
There isn't actually much to do in Bratislava other then see the 2 castles, but we really enjoyed it. There is something more REAL about it than other cities which seem so focused on the tourists.

Edited by boysmom on 10-30-15 04:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

Thanks for the history lesson. I would love to visit here. Bill talks a lot about going to Prague - he has a friend there. I get so confused with countries changing names and capitals!

Been to Vienna but only on a quick train stop. Need to go back there and actually see it sometime.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

More Jerusalem and again, this was a very spiritual time for me and it is reflected in my journaling.

2015 World Cruise Page 272 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 273 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 274 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 275 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

Prague was really beautiful, you should go there. I have so many photos from Prague, I'm not sure how to start scrapping them. I'm doing the places with less photos first.

I love all your Jerusalem layouts. When we go to Israel, we always go to Jerusalem first. It is such a special city. I recently learned that the men and women were only separated at the Wall sometime in the last century, I forget exactly when and why. We're Jewish, BTW.

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to boysmom

I have a 'split' background. Dads family from (now) Slovakia, mom is half Slavic and English. From what I understand, there were many Jewish in the area.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to suebird

Interesting, all the Jews in Bratislava are now gone. There is a holocaust memorial near where the synagogue was. Our family (both sides) is from Eastern Europe, Poland and Russia mostly, but also Slovakia, Turkey, etc. We've been in the US for over 100 years now, so no live memories, just what has been recorded or researched.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

I grew up in Miami near between Coral Gables and Westchester. The high school we went to was mostly Jewish so most of my best friends growing up were Jewish. I even visited a Jewish synagogue once and I treasure that experience.

In our little Baptist church in Miami a wonderful Jewish family lived on the property and the father/husband was in charge of our building maintenance. One of his duties as to turn off the lights for the church every night and turn them on in the morning as well as getting the church ready for our Sunday morning services..

Because it was against his faith to work on the Sabbath my mom went to the church on Saturday night to take care of the last minute things to get the church ready for Sunday morning to cover for him and he often did things for my mom on Sundays after his Sabbath was over (my mom was church secretary so she had things she had to do too.)

suebird
Veteran
suebird

Dad went on a bender a few years ago, and did some 'cold letter writing'. From what he has said, there were many 'conversions' from Judaism to Christianity. It was that, get run out of town, or have stuff confiscated.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

We have a Christian man who lives on the property of our synagogue for the same reason.

Do you prefer people to address you Henri Jean or just Henri or just Jean?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

I go by Jean, Jeannie, or Henri and answer to them all.

More people call me Henri now but friends I went to school with or grew up with in Miami still call me Jeannie as well as people I know in California and Georgia.

But Bill calls me Henri and that is how he introduces me and what he always calls me so more people now call me Henri and it doesn't matter to me. I'm quicker to answer to Henri because I'm more used to it now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 276 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

suebird
Veteran
suebird

Henri, we got some help in hand raising 'the kids' (aka the chicks). Got pictures, too. One went to a good home.

I should scrap the pictures, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

Can't wait to see the pictures and pages when you get them scrapped. How very cool.

My brother has a large fish pond he keeps very well stocked so the grandkids can fish when they visit. He says you put the line in, count to 10 and you have a fish. We tested it and it is true.

Anyway, he built a tiny level place in the center of his pond and put a dog house on it for his ducks. Problem is they would lay eggs and they would hatch and as soon as they got in the pond to swim the big fish would get them and eat them.

He has a big place for the larger ducks to go for safety - its kind of like a chain link maze to get in it and only assessable from the water so the foxes can't get in and there is several layers of chain length fencing so the foxes can't get to the ducks because they won't go thought the water.

Anyway - back to the baby ducks... when they hatch the fish get to them and the ducks like laying their eggs in the little dog house rather than the safety housing for them. So if the eggs are hatched in the doghouse the little ducklings will not survive once they leave the doghouse to get in the water.

Finally he bought huge incubator and he takes a little boat to the center of the lake and gets the eggs from the doghouse and puts them in the incubator to hatch. Then when they are big enough he sells them or takes them to the pond.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

2015 Word Cruise - Page 277 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 Word Cruise - Page 278 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 Word Cruise - Page 279 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

2015 Word Cruise - Page 280 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hey guys I am just checking in here it has been kinda busy here too.
I need to read all of your posts again I am going to work on something but not sure what yet.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I was trying to stamp some images for cards for kids camp. I keep running into a problem no matter what I have done to do it lol but I may have solved that.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am not sure w hat I am going to work on today but I need to go through all my moms xmas photos. I want to choose one for the cover of my card. she had a white tree for many years in the living room. she used to decorate it pink. she also collected antique ornaments &every other xmas thing too all the family & friends called it her pink tree. I am not quite sure if I have a good photo of it.
I also want to decorate it with pink trees & other stuff too. I am going to try & find one today. it should be in a couple of boxes not all 15.
one has 10000s of photos...wish me luck.
my daughter doesn't remember her pink tree which surprise me. My neice will love it for sure cause she loves anything I do with my mom

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to anda11

sounds pretty, good luck going through all those photos

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 11-03-15 12:58 PM
In response to boysmom

My wife hasn't told me what I'm doing this weekend, and I'm smart enough to not ask.

Edited by don1 on 11-03-15 12:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boysmom

• boysmom Said:
sounds pretty, good luck going through all those photos

Thanks Louise I got the holiday one out now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
My wife hasn't told me what I'm doing this weekend, and I'm smart enough to not ask.

Oh Don, you are always so funny you are smart too does she stamp too?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still looking at pics but I found my next page I am so excited my son wanted a My Buddy doll in 90. he was about 6 . (it was a boy doll). I was saving pics of Pinterest but I do not need them I have 3 pics.. one where he looking..one where he his hugging.. one with clothes. They are all great pics I am so happy I bought him 2 child sweatsuits to use..one was burgandy like his favorite one he owned. his nickname has always been Buddy so the title will be our buddy with his buddy or our little buddy with his little buddy I am smiling now
back to hunting for pics

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

Aw, I had a My Buddy doll (and its counterpart, Kid Sister)!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

that is sweet I am not sure but I think it maybe came out when my son was small & that is why he wated it but I am not sure

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just found out that it came out in 85 to help teach boys how to care for their friends. he was born in 84

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

I'm not actively working on anything crafty or scrap related right now. Instead, i'm hunting journaling and art journaling "prompts" online and on pinterest to help deal with my depression. After my most recent relapse with it, my doctor wants me to try journaling myself out of it before we discuss changing or adjusting my meds. Most of my relapses have been minor for many years now, but this one was a "scary" bad one. I hate when my depression decides to insert potentially permanent self destructive thoughts into my head. And while I'm still dealing with the depression, the scary thoughts have left.

Edited by flhomeschoolmom on 11-03-15 05:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to flhomeschoolmom

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I'm not actively working on anything crafty or scrap related right now. Instead, i'm hunting journaling and art journaling "prompts" online and on pinterest to help deal with my depression. After my most recent relapse with it, my doctor wants me to try journaling myself out of it before we discuss changing or adjusting my meds. Most of my relapses have been minor for many years now, but this one was a "scary" bad one. I hate when my depression decides to insert potentially permanent self destructive thoughts into my head. And while I'm still dealing with the depression, the scary thoughts have left.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with depression Ali. You have sure had a huge amount of reasons during your whole childhood & life to cause it. I am sorry you have to deal with the depression. YOU sure have a whole bunch of friends here who love you. WE would feel terrible if you did anything to hurt yourself. I am glad you are trying to journal online & pinterest. I sure hope it helps you feel better. do whatever make you feel better

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to anda11

I miss you guys! Everyone sounds good.
I'm ok. Took a sick day today. It was more like a mental health day.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Edited by bonprof on 11-03-15 06:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Henri,
Your recent layouts are breathtaking!
When do you leave again for your next trip?

Linda, your hubby and daughter are doing ok now, right?
Are you having Thanksgiving at your house?

Hi Don, what's shakin? What new project are you doing now?

Danielle, how are you?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Henri,
Your recent layouts are breathtaking!
When do you leave again for your next trip?

Linda, your hubby and daughter are doing ok now, right?
Are you having Thanksgiving at your house?

Hi Don, what's shakin? What new project are you doing now?

Danielle, how are you?

after he had the emergency aneurysm surgery.... he has been gaining lots of weight & eating normal.. then the next month he had a heart attack but it was not bad...it was the 1st ever since he had heart disease 25 yrs ago .. he is back to normal now. THanks for asking... I am so glad to be able to say that
ang is doing better too.. she moved in with us last month.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

Just got home an hour ago and catching up on boards and email. And snail mail. Snail mail is a chore after 6 weeks!

We will be leaving - probably in the next week or so for Cancun I think. Bill hasn't made the arrangements yet but he needs to see his dentist so when we go its usually for 2 weeks. Just need to be back for Thanksgiving.

Then I think we are going to take a 78 day cruise around South America which cruises by Antarctica and also goes all the way into the Amazon. We haven't booked it yet but are talking very seriously about it!

Thank your for the compliments on my layouts. I struggled so much trying to decide whether or not to post them, as I don't want it to be interpreted that I'm preaching to anyone or trying to convert anyone but I did use a lot of scriptures to show the relevance of what we saw. I finally decided to do it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
I miss you guys! Everyone sounds good.
I'm ok. Took a sick day today. It was more like a mental health day.

Hope everyone has a great night.

I miss you too hon I am glad you took one.... isn't it great how scrap boards sure do help people feel better

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Just got home an hour ago and catching up on boards and email. And snail mail. Snail mail is a chore after 6 weeks!

We will be leaving - probably in the next week or so for Cancun I think. Bill hasn't made the arrangements yet but he needs to see his dentist so when we go its usually for 2 weeks. Just need to be back for Thanksgiving.

Then I think we are going to take a 78 day cruise around South America which cruises by Antarctica and also goes all the way into the Amazon. We haven't booked it yet but are talking very seriously about it!

Thank your for the compliments on my layouts. I struggled so much trying to decide whether or not to post them, as I don't want it to be interpreted that I'm preaching to anyone or trying to convert anyone but I did use a lot of scriptures to show the relevance of what we saw. I finally decided to do it.

I am so glad you are back Henri I do expect you to leave again soon lol the south american cruise sure sounds so great If I bet you do go
Do not ever worry about us thinking you are trying to convert anyone on any religion I do not think anyone who sees your pages thinks that ever. you are showing different places & peoples so do not worry about that.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to anda11

So glad to hear that life is calming down Linda.
Yes, these boards really help me a lot. I have many, many people here that I love very much. And I have met a few in person. What a great experience!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bonprof

I feel the same way to Donna.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

2015 World Cruise Page 281 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 283 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 282 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

World Cruise Page 284 - Jerusalem, Israel By Henri Jean

Edited by Henri Jean on 11-03-15 09:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

Hi everyone! Glad everyone is felling better or on the mend.

Henri - I know someone who has done that Antarctica cruise and loved it. It's the only way to get that last continent. If you go, I can't wait to see the photos, since I will probably never get there (no cruises for us, my husband would get seasick).

I don't feel you are trying to convert anyone. I find your Jersualem layouts fascinating. When we go, we see mostly the Jewish things, so my layouts are entirely different, even though its the same city. We need to go again, its been too many years and my youngest doesn't really remember. And last time we went, our taxi was in a bad car accident on the way from the airport to Jerusalem right after we landed. We were all fine, luckily, but the taxi was totaled and the whole incident was scary and a bad start to the trip. We do need to go back and have a positive experience there especially as Benjamin's Bar Mitzvah is in one year (a year from tomorrow to be exact).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to boysmom

I wish the cruise was going to stop on Antarctica but I will have to settle for a cruise by I think. But, they say it goes really close and I should be able to get good photos.

If your husband gets seasick there are some cruises which are known to be calm and some which are known to be a bit rough. We've had good luck going around Cape Horn but it can be viscous! I wouldn't recommended that one for anyone who suffers really badly from seasickness, although mild seasickness can be control with meds. Our bad seas were off the coast of Russia. We had a heavy coffee table in our room that would be difficult to knock over. Room service had just delivered food and the rocking of the ship completely flipped the table over. My husband was very ill that day to say the least.

However, I have something given to us by our doctor (phenogram) which is in suppository form. It was prescribed to me many years ago when I got food sickness but it is for any kind of nausea and even though my husband was so sick, I made him take a suppository (which he wasn't happy about but was too sick to fight me). Five minutes later he called room service and ordered a BLT, chocolate cake and half the things on their menu and ate it and felt fine.

We visited the Jewish quarters of Jerusalem and spent a lot of time there and I was very impressed with the kindness and generosity we were shown.

I was so amazed that churches like the Holy Sepulcher have sections for the Christians (primarily Catholic), Jewish, Armenian and the Muslims. Many of the churches in the area are Christian and Muslim with them alternating times of services. That blew me away to see faiths to different share the same building in perfect peace.

I had never seen a Streimal before (spelling is probably way off) and I was fascinated by them. So fascinated that I did a layout on them with pictures BIll took and research from the internet explaining the history and purpose.

Even thought Christians, Jewish, and Muslims view Jesus with a completely different perspective and relevance to their faiths, he is an important figure so Jerusalem is of spiritual significance to all of them. I'm not sure what Armenians practice or believe and I need to research it.

If you can go back, please do it. And with the Bar Mitzvah coming up - that would be perfect timing! How great that would be to strengthen him and help him understand his roots. I know Jesus was a Jew and that is always made me a little jealous of the Jewish people! What an honor to be his chosen people!

That is awful about the taxi accident! Horrible way to start a vacation. I hope you are able to do it over again.

And thank you for letting me know you aren't offended by my layouts. I really don't want to step on anyone's toes, I'm just sharing my pages about what I felt.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom

There is also a patch that can be prescribed to go behind your ear that is for motion sickness. I can't remember what it is called, but Hospice used it with my FIL to help calm his nausea before he passed away from renal failure. I liked how they opted for "less invasive" medications to try to keep him comfortable and allow him to remain in his home, with his family and pass with dignity.

Today is crazy. Don't know if I will get anything crafty or scrappy done. And although I don't drink, I felt as though I needed a shot of whisky with my morning coffee this morning. I had managed to get two sips of my coffee, and sat down at the computer to browse pinterest when there was a very loud pounding knock on the door. It was local law enforcement serving my husband with a subpoena to appear in court next week to give his deposition to the judge and his brother's lawyer about what happened here in August. My husband's mother got served with one as well, and she said that she would rather go to jail than to send her oldest son to prison. She keeps saying, "but I told them to drop the charges, that I don't want him in trouble for what he did". Law enforcement, my husband and myself have all told her "you can't drop the charges because you didn't file the charges, the state filed them against him." She just doesn't "get it". She REALLY wants to see him get away with attempted MURDER....and it was HER that he was trying to kill!!!! Anyways, by giving the deposition they don't have to face him on the stand. But who wants a cop to see them in their pajamas?

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R

Well, that's a nerve wracking way to start the day. Holy cow! Your poor MIL is in denial so bad. I hope she makes it through this ordeal ok, and you all too, for that matter.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to Joanie R

I finished 6 Ghirardelli boxes and 6 tea boxes now going to do some hot chocolate boxes. We are having a Crop in a few weeks and the plan is to sell (to each other) some of our crafts. Now that I think about it, it is like selling ice to Eskimos. We will see how it goes. I've been playing with my powdered watercolors. Really messy but kind of fun too. I need to finish mini album. And put ribbon on the 6 "Let It Snow" banners I have planned as Christmas presents. I need someone to stay behind me with a whip to keep me on track.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to Joanie R

• Joanie R Said:
Well, that's a nerve wracking way to start the day. Holy cow! Your poor MIL is in denial so bad. I hope she makes it through this ordeal ok, and you all too, for that matter.

Yeah, I'm not accustomed to having a cop at my door at 7:30 AM. Not to mention the fact that loud, unexpected knocks on my door (or strange cars in my driveway) trigger my PTSD which results in a massive panic attack. So...I began my morning with a weak voice, shanking hands and legs, my heart racing, and having difficulty breathing!!!

I usually deal alright if the rest of my day manages to go nuts, but I really need quiet, structured mornings. My mornings are: a couple of cups of coffee, a smoke or two, breakfast, get dressed, and then homeschool classes begin at 9 AM.

But, what is REALLY getting me about this whole subpoena thing is the fact that my BIL is wanting to place a "counter suit" against my husband and his mother for "deformation of character". Yeah.... Oh, and the officer said that my BIL plans to file assault charges against my husband! Hmm...my husband would not have "assaulted" him if he hadn't "assaulted" his mother first by trying to choke her to death! I really think that the judge is going to laugh when he hears my BIL's accusations versus the TRUTH.

But, the subpoena did make for interesting breakfast conversation this morning. My oldest son learned about it when the cop showed up at the door asking for "Anthony". My son was at the fridge getting some juice, turned his head real quick and asked "what?" I then smiled at the officer and said "which one?" as I told my son "please take your juice to your room or the living room while I talk to the officer, ok." The officer looked a bit bewildered until I explained that there was both an Anthony Sr. and an Anthony Jr. in my home. He clarified it when he said "the one that was involved in the altercation at this address in August" and I said, "oh that would be my husband but he's not available right now because he's in the shower." So, after asking me "are you married to him?" and me saying "yes, for almost 17 years now" he asked my name, how to spell it, and then handed ME the papers and said, "Have a nice day!"

WHY do they say, "Have a nice day" after scaring the daylights out of you before 8 AM???

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I finished 6 Ghirardelli boxes and 6 tea boxes now going to do some hot chocolate boxes. We are having a Crop in a few weeks and the plan is to sell (to each other) some of our crafts. Now that I think about it, it is like selling ice to Eskimos. We will see how it goes. I've been playing with my powdered watercolors. Really messy but kind of fun too. I need to finish mini album. And put ribbon on the 6 "Let It Snow" banners I have planned as Christmas presents. I need someone to stay behind me with a whip to keep me on track.

"Selling ice to Eskimos" That is so funny! Thank you for making me laugh today!

boysmom
Idol
boysmom

that sounds awful, why do they have to come so early? and one would think that they would understand what you meant by which one, so many families have junior and seniors. I hope you are able to get the rest of your day on track after that.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to boysmom

Here's a not-very-serious travel page that I was working on today:
Pisa By Boysmom

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to boysmom

Louise!
I love your page!!

ddcmsmom
Expert
ddcmsmom
In response to boysmom

Love this - I enjoy seeing all the travel pages you're posting here. I'm trying to get back to mine. So much to scrap, so little time!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics