Page 68 of 70 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well I just cut about 16 more I am so happy to work on these.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

Sue, I'm sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. I'm glad that you've finally gotten some time to get some scrapping done!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My schedule was pretty much booked solid for an entire week due to that and baby sitting my 4 yr. old niece twice! Boy she can be a little handful!!

I'm *HOPING* to get some cards done this week, but I won't be able to post them to the gallery because they will be going out to members here on SB.com for the annual Christmas Card Swap in a thread I belong to. Aside from that, last night I began working on one of my Junk Journals again And I realized that I need to make another JJ for the same type of thing, but larger than my current one

I've also been given a new "Operation Happy Mail" recipient, so I made a post about that https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1661...

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Thanks, you two! Feeling a bit better. Nose is less congested.

Had to take a break from scrapping; things needed to get done.....pay the mortgage, etc.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

Yes Sue, paying the mortgage is definitely something that needed to get done, lol. It would be a shame to do all that scrapping and then not have a house to store it all in!! I'm glad that you are less congested now. I don't know if this will help you, but if your congestion is due to some sort of virus or the beginnings of a sinus infection, then raw garlic does wonders. I know, stinky stuff...BUT, swallowing a couple of cloves, sliced up, with some water a couple of times a day can do amazing things! It's a natural antibiotic and antifungal, plus it helps to boost your immune system. Onions do the same thing, but garlic is much stronger. My youngest son swears by my homemade poultry soup Usually I use chicken to make it, but since it's so soon after Thanksgiving and I had a wonderful turkey carcass in my freezer...well...this time it was turkey soup!! I just put the carcass in a pot with enough water to cover him by half. I add: salt, black pepper, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. ground turmeric, 4 cloves of minced fresh garlic, 1 large diced onion, 3-4 carrots (sliced of course), 1/4 tsp. of cayenne, 2-3 tsp. of garlic powder, 2 tsp. dried parsley, 2 tsp. dried oregano, and 1/8 tsp. of ground ginger After I simmer all of that long enough to make a good stock and get the meat off of the carcass, I remove the carcass and chill the stock. Then I skim off as much fat as possible, remove all the meat I can from the carcass and return it to the pot along with a box of rigatoni and cook for 10 minutes or so after it comes to a boil You will have to adjust the salt and black pepper to your preference because I don't measure those two...I just add and taste and add more if needed, lol.

My baby boy came down with "the crud" yesterday...and he had a horrible night, so today he asked me if I would make him some homemade soup He also began running a fever today. The child has killed off half of the pot and he swears that it helps him feel better, relieves his congestion, and clears the "gunk" out of his throat.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Y'all, I had a coupon to Michael's just burning a whole in my pocket Friday.A 20% off all purchases, even sales items. Well, I was being good but I found a Dylusions girl stamp for $14.95 half off and a paper Christmas houses (the kind that you build...3D) pad for $19.99, half off. I think my total was something like $14.95. The stamps are so much fun. I have made 3 houses already (there are 15 in all).

suebird
Veteran
suebird

We love garlic around here, too. Only thing is I don't want to 'stink' too much at work. Will have to try your soup recipe soon.

Southgirl, I have a decent Michaels coupon, also. Now to use it. Today is pretty buy, as I need to get my hair cut, and pick up some pain pills for our pooch. Of course, tomorrow is payday, and I work....a very long day. So.....maybe Saturday after helping at the MFP.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Sue, I'm sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. I'm glad that you've finally gotten some time to get some scrapping done!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My schedule was pretty much booked solid for an entire week due to that and baby sitting my 4 yr. old niece twice! Boy she can be a little handful!!

I'm *HOPING* to get some cards done this week, but I won't be able to post them to the gallery because they will be going out to members here on SB.com for the annual Christmas Card Swap in a thread I belong to. Aside from that, last night I began working on one of my Junk Journals again And I realized that I need to make another JJ for the same type of thing, but larger than my current one

I've also been given a new "Operation Happy Mail" recipient, so I made a post about that https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1661...

hi Ali I am glad you had a nice thanksgivnig I am glads you were able to watch your sweet neice I hope you do get some cards done soon my ddd & son came over for t -day my dd cooked a feast we had a great day

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Thanks, you two! Feeling a bit better. Nose is less congested.

Had to take a break from scrapping; things needed to get done.....pay the mortgage, etc.

I am so glad that you are feeling a bit better hon
you are right.. mortgages sure are important

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Yes Sue, paying the mortgage is definitely something that needed to get done, lol. It would be a shame to do all that scrapping and then not have a house to store it all in!! I'm glad that you are less congested now. I don't know if this will help you, but if your congestion is due to some sort of virus or the beginnings of a sinus infection, then raw garlic does wonders. I know, stinky stuff...BUT, swallowing a couple of cloves, sliced up, with some water a couple of times a day can do amazing things! It's a natural antibiotic and antifungal, plus it helps to boost your immune system. Onions do the same thing, but garlic is much stronger. My youngest son swears by my homemade poultry soup Usually I use chicken to make it, but since it's so soon after Thanksgiving and I had a wonderful turkey carcass in my freezer...well...this time it was turkey soup!! I just put the carcass in a pot with enough water to cover him by half. I add: salt, black pepper, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. ground turmeric, 4 cloves of minced fresh garlic, 1 large diced onion, 3-4 carrots (sliced of course), 1/4 tsp. of cayenne, 2-3 tsp. of garlic powder, 2 tsp. dried parsley, 2 tsp. dried oregano, and 1/8 tsp. of ground ginger After I simmer all of that long enough to make a good stock and get the meat off of the carcass, I remove the carcass and chill the stock. Then I skim off as much fat as possible, remove all the meat I can from the carcass and return it to the pot along with a box of rigatoni and cook for 10 minutes or so after it comes to a boil You will have to adjust the salt and black pepper to your preference because I don't measure those two...I just add and taste and add more if needed, lol.

My baby boy came down with "the crud" yesterday...and he had a horrible night, so today he asked me if I would make him some homemade soup He also began running a fever today. The child has killed off half of the pot and he swears that it helps him feel better, relieves his congestion, and clears the "gunk" out of his throat.

OH Ali, I m soo sorry to hear that your sweet son is under the weather. I am sure he does always want your soup made with love& healing for him

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Y'all, I had a coupon to Michael's just burning a whole in my pocket Friday.A 20% off all purchases, even sales items. Well, I was being good but I found a Dylusions girl stamp for $14.95 half off and a paper Christmas houses (the kind that you build...3D) pad for $19.99, half off. I think my total was something like $14.95. The stamps are so much fun. I have made 3 houses already (there are 15 in all).

congrats on finding all of those great thing the hoses sound like a lot of fun

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
We love garlic around here, too. Only thing is I don't want to 'stink' too much at work. Will have to try your soup recipe soon.

Southgirl, I have a decent Michaels coupon, also. Now to use it. Today is pretty buy, as I need to get my hair cut, and pick up some pain pills for our pooch. Of course, tomorrow is payday, and I work....a very long day. So.....maybe Saturday after helping at the MFP.

I hope that you do find the time to get to Mikes soon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to work on the cards now

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to anda11

Well, finished a 2nd lo, but could not remember where I put the camera. I knew I took a pic of one lo the other day. Finally found the darn thing. Forgot I had sat on the floor, trying to 'fix' a scrapbook that needed fixing, and placed the camera to the side of where I parked myself. Am just shaking my head, as I had walked by the darn thing several times.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to suebird

Sue, you sound like me, lol! I used to do ALL of my scrapping and crafting while sitting in the middle of my living room floor (and usually while watching things on Youtube). I was always loosing things...usually glue, paint, pens, etc. And I would walk by them no less than 20 times before realizing where they were! Now I have a dining room table The funny thing is, we have sat down as a family to eat at it only once since we moved it into our house...that once was Thanksgiving. Most of the time is stays semi cluttered with things for my current JJ. I have an entire shed for crafting in but it needs cleaning out, insulating, etc. before I can use it for my craft studio.

Now my baby boy is beginning to feel better, but the rest of the family feels like a Semi has ran us over! And speaking of Semi's, my DH and I almost got ate by one today thanks to an idiot driver in front of us! When the semi almost hit us, we were on our way to the SS office to do a change of address for my DH. When we got there, we learned that having to change our address was the least of our concerns...someone has stolen my husband's identity!!! I think that might explain so much right now...and if that wasn't bad enough, we get home and he gets on the laptop and it DIED. It croaked...all of his genealogy work, gobs of pictures, etc. are all gone. I'm seriously trying to find the Christmas spirit so I can get my cards finished...but right now, it's hard to find it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Well, finished a 2nd lo, but could not remember where I put the camera. I knew I took a pic of one lo the other day. Finally found the darn thing. Forgot I had sat on the floor, trying to 'fix' a scrapbook that needed fixing, and placed the camera to the side of where I parked myself. Am just shaking my head, as I had walked by the darn thing several times.

That tpe of thing happens to me all the time It happens to dh too do not feel bad I am so glad you found it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
Sue, you sound like me, lol! I used to do ALL of my scrapping and crafting while sitting in the middle of my living room floor (and usually while watching things on Youtube). I was always loosing things...usually glue, paint, pens, etc. And I would walk by them no less than 20 times before realizing where they were! Now I have a dining room table The funny thing is, we have sat down as a family to eat at it only once since we moved it into our house...that once was Thanksgiving. Most of the time is stays semi cluttered with things for my current JJ. I have an entire shed for crafting in but it needs cleaning out, insulating, etc. before I can use it for my craft studio.

Now my baby boy is beginning to feel better, but the rest of the family feels like a Semi has ran us over! And speaking of Semi's, my DH and I almost got ate by one today thanks to an idiot driver in front of us! When the semi almost hit us, we were on our way to the SS office to do a change of address for my DH. When we got there, we learned that having to change our address was the least of our concerns...someone has stolen my husband's identity!!! I think that might explain so much right now...and if that wasn't bad enough, we get home and he gets on the laptop and it DIED. It croaked...all of his genealogy work, gobs of pictures, etc. are all gone. I'm seriously trying to find the Christmas spirit so I can get my cards finished...but right now, it's hard to find it.

I am so sorry th4 the rest of your family is sick now I am so glad that you did not crash into the semi I would be so scared too I am sorry to hear of your hubby id I know that happens all the time now . I am sorry he lost his laptop too. I am so sorry

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I started these cards lst year before I was sick. I just realized that I may not have enough whit 8x11 but I hope i can find somee 12 x 12. I do not know if I have enough yet. my dd totalled her car recently. dh totalled ours last week. my son left for fFl towork & play cards. our neigbor will take us if we need stuff like prescriptions..food etc but I kinda feel bad asking to go to hob lob or mikes. my son said some of his freinds would take us somewhere but I feel bad having them drive all that way forcrafty stuff my son did not go to fl last year at all becuae he said Dave was too bad medically I hope I have enouh
wish me luck.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

29 white.. 4 pink thankfully : ) I have a pk of envies too.. i thought it was 28 but it is 50

I am not sure which size I am doing yet but the envies are 5x 7

Edited by anda11 on 12-02-16 05:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am actually figuring out how I want the cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to design them now. there are white places around the tree oval. I saw on my pinterest svg xmas ornaments that look like vintage so I may add those too:)

suebird
Veteran
suebird

Eek to the identity bit! I know for a fact an ex friend of mine......note I said EX friend....changed names a few times without benefit of going through the court system, etc. She also TOLD me she'd also done a 'number' on her SS number....and this was after she did time for bad checks. Of course, she blames her ex husband, and everyone else but herself. *Sigh*

Poked my nose in at Michaels, and so many people aren't paying attention to cars backing out.

Edited by suebird on 12-03-16 12:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I worry about this lots I know someone at wallys used my debit in another state. I had to get another one. thankfully my bank puts the money back as soon as possible the bank person could tell which person/transaction it was . Dave had it happen to him recently too. the bank says that is the norm now. I am glad our bank is that way. i think there may be ones that take longer to put your money back

I am seeing what I like on my card..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I was in a dress shop recently and put a purchase on my debit card - more than I usually spend in the dress store.

My phone rang - it was my bank. They verified my identity and told me the reason they were calling was that someone just tried to deduct money from my account with my debit card and it was not a normal transaction for me and they wanted to make sure that I had, indeed made the purchase before they approved it.

Ali - I have had computers die and they can often be booted up by a computer person and everything can be backed up. Find out - I've always been able to get stuff back off after a computer dies. One of my computer died so often (years ago), that my son got tired of booting it back up for me and gave me a boot disk for it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

so glad you are here again sweet Henri

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Thank you Linda. This is such a good place to be! I just need to get here more often!

I enjoy it so much, I just don't seem to slow down that much!

Today my Bill (my husband) and Joe (youngest son, although he is an adult) have gone to Webster which is the big antique/flea market an hour from here.

In the winter they try to go every Monday morning when Joe is out of school and his semester break started today (he has to turn on project in tonight and he's done for the semester).

Our family Thanksgiving will be a week from today - my oldest son and our granddaughter will be coming in late Wednesday night. Looking forward to the visit. Just hope his wife doesn't tag along.

She has filed for divorce (she beat him to it, which is what his attorney's recommended) so why would she come with him? He's hoping she won't but if he tries to stop her from coming he is afraid she won't let him bring our granddaughter from Georgia to Florida.

Hang on to your seatbelts - this is going to be a nasty one. Both are going for full custody.

My husband does not want her here. Joe (John's brother) doesn't and to be honest, I don't either. John definitely doesn't want her to come. And our granddaughter is much happier when her mother isn't around.

She tells her dad that she doesn't like her mother and doesn't like to be home alone with her. That is not good.

Anyway, its going to get bumpy.

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 12-05-16 06:59 AM
In response to anda11

Good luck! Hope you find a ride to Michael's!! If I lived close to you we could have a lot of fun shopping at Michael's.

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to ckair

Morning, all! As soon as I finish my first (and only) cuppa coffee (for now, at least), should get self in gear and get some much needed 'things' done. Husband needs his license plate sticker, checking account needs feeding so I can pay bills.... Of course, I am off today and tomorrow, so I am the one doing the running.

Yes, I will be doing some scrapping. Did a little bit when I got home last night, but not much. Just part of a background.

Henri, would the court listen to your granddaughter and how she feels about her mom?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

I'm thinking the judge will take her in chambers and talk to her. She's too young to put on the stand, it would scare her to death.

Several years ago they were all at Disneyworld - and my son was holding Roan - she was just a baby. Johns soon-ex got mad at her mother and punched her mother in the eye! She gave her own mother a black eye!

I come from a family that is totally drama free. I don't understand drama - never been around it.

Then my son married the queen of drama.

Seriously. When they married, my ex-husband, father of both of my boys felt like something was wrong with the new wife. He was a California Assembly for the largest district in California for 8 years and he had a full background check pulled - a comprehensive background, not one you buy on the internet.

By daughter was arrested in 4 states for domestic violence, once with intent to kill with a snow shovel.

His dad put the report in his safe and kept it there until such a time when John might need it - until then, no one knew the report had been pulled.

Her whole family is drama like this. How in the world did he ever get messed up with this person or her family?

Well, at least we got a beautiful granddaughter out of this mess and hopefully my oldest son has learned to be a little more wise in decisions of who to date - and especially who to marry!

suebird
Veteran
suebird

4 states? Sounds like she's something else. We have had 'drama' here, but the more 'normal' minor type....arguing, etc.

Will write checks for bills later. The beagle decided to 'lump' on my lap.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

Nothing normal about her. She has been a nightmare since day 1

I got an email from her last week. She said she had picked out a couple things for our granddaughter for Christmas she though we might like to buy for her. The first item was a bunk bed - seems like it was almost $1,800. The second item, which she felt was a lot more reasonable to go with the bed and still wanted to spend more - was a desk - but it was over $1,000.

I wrote her and told her no.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I just wanted to do a quick check in we have been going through the storage bedroom.. Of course it had most of my stamps....They were like....i loved them all & bought & bought all these yrs. I have 1000s
I realized last yr that I do not love doing all of it now. I got rid of my embossing powders I only kept the teddy ones,the alpha, kids so I can make cards for kids ::) I kept my big backgrounds too I am also downsizing my scrap room too I am tired of having so much on my floor I will work on my cards much later

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

It feels good to go through things and get rid of the scrap stuff that was never used or is no longer loved.

I do that periodically and I love having things decluttered.

I use more of my things when there just isn't so much!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

you are so right Henri I am still going through papers & stuff my dear daughter said that if I do that she will buy me one of those $29. shelves. it is like ikea but wallys have them. it is 4 open shelves I brought this old long cupboard that was holding the albums & pics & stuff.I hate it but I as nbot sure how long I coud get somethinng else besides I have been using the darn bcxes for a few yrs. they are 12x12 size... I can't wait to put all the stuff in my drawers that I cleaned out very well.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still going though drawers it is kinda fun

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to anda11

Have done some stamping/scrapping today. It's little stuff on a lo, but it's still something.

Also did some stamping on two Christmas cards that are heading out tomorrow.

I 'should' branch out and push my limits, but....in a way I think 'Eh'. There was some crackle type stuff Tim Holtz produced, and I wanted to try it out. Of course, it's discontinued!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to suebird

I did a complete layout today. I usually don't and am feeling accomplished 😁. Will share it in the gallery.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SoonerT

I'm looking forward to seeing your new layout T. I always feel like I've accomplished something when I complete one.

I've had a bad habit of buying a lot of stuff I never used or opened. I sent 3 big boxes to a niece who homeschools and since I hadn't used any of the stuff and had some of it for years, it was wonderful to have the space in my scraproom.

Now instead of buying products in every color, I buy one color and see if I will use it first.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Why, oh why, do I get such big ideas so close to Christmas? I bought handmade jewelry at a local craft fair in August. Great Christmas present and I support a local crafter. Now I get the "wondreful" idea of making a sewing box to put them in. Like this. Three of them.
Sizzix Sewing Box By Southgirl

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still going through boxes & drawers I am so glad cause I had labels on my drawers at the old house. In each drawer I would put the paper & stickers & ribbons that were that category I am now doing this again & cause I have lots of different categories that in the drawers now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

still doing this great fun I hope i can work on pages that have been packed up in boxes

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to MrsD2008

Here is the layout I completed on Sunday.

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?id=5789271&a mp;login...

Edited by SoonerT on 12-12-16 03:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

checking in again. I am working again

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

SoonerT... love the LO.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

just a quick check in.. I am still doing my drawers & boxes

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Our company just left. After an active 5 year old, I'm wondering if my house will ever look the same.

It sure is quiet!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am so very very happy that you had a wonderful visit I bet it is quiet

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to anda11

Wish I could call off tomorrow. The wind is blowing snow across many of the roads, and it is pretty chilly here. Would be spending some time scrapping, but that will have to wait some.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerT Said:

Thanks for sharing that layout this page is so adorable & so are your sweet kids i left some love for you

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SoonerT

I am happily still doing that but I have gone thru 4 boxes & some psbs

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Wish I could call off tomorrow. The wind is blowing snow across many of the roads, and it is pretty chilly here. Would be spending some time scrapping, but that will have to wait some.

I wish that you could call off & scrap It has snowed here & it is pretty chilly but we had closing on the tv I just talked to my sweet son he is in fla like he always goes to work & see freinds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Why, oh why, do I get such big ideas so close to Christmas? I bought handmade jewelry at a local craft fair in August. Great Christmas present and I support a local crafter. Now I get the "wondreful" idea of making a sewing box to put them in. Like this. Three of them.
Sizzix Sewing Box By Southgirl

isnmt that always the way aout xmas gifts? I do not blame you for wanting to make these : these are simply amazing your recipients will be amazed as well perfect choice n the papers I bought those for my moms lilac page she was 13 & standing in front lilacs

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerT Said:
I did a complete layout today. I usually don't and am feeling accomplished 😁. Will share it in the gallery.

I would feel that way too congrats on finishing one

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm looking forward to seeing your new layout T. I always feel like I've accomplished something when I complete one.

I've had a bad habit of buying a lot of stuff I never used or opened. I sent 3 big boxes to a niece who homeschools and since I hadn't used any of the stuff and had some of it for years, it was wonderful to have the space in my scraproom.

Now instead of buying products in every color, I buy one color and see if I will use it first.

That was very nice of you Henri I bet she was thrilled to get them

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

She said the kids like the glitter the best which doesn't surprise me.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
She said the kids like the glitter the best which doesn't surprise me.

lol some of us still love glitter

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Thank you Linda. This is such a good place to be! I just need to get here more often!

I enjoy it so much, I just don't seem to slow down that much!

Today my Bill (my husband) and Joe (youngest son, although he is an adult) have gone to Webster which is the big antique/flea market an hour from here.

In the winter they try to go every Monday morning when Joe is out of school and his semester break started today (he has to turn on project in tonight and he's done for the semester).

Our family Thanksgiving will be a week from today - my oldest son and our granddaughter will be coming in late Wednesday night. Looking forward to the visit. Just hope his wife doesn't tag along.

She has filed for divorce (she beat him to it, which is what his attorney's recommended) so why would she come with him? He's hoping she won't but if he tries to stop her from coming he is afraid she won't let him bring our granddaughter from Georgia to Florida.

Hang on to your seatbelts - this is going to be a nasty one. Both are going for full custody.

My husband does not want her here. Joe (John's brother) doesn't and to be honest, I don't either. John definitely doesn't want her to come. And our granddaughter is much happier when her mother isn't around.

She tells her dad that she doesn't like her mother and doesn't like to be home alone with her. That is not good.

Anyway, its going to get bumpy.

this is a great place to be I am so sorry to hear about this horrible wife & mother I guess you are used to it now thankfully she left

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm thinking the judge will take her in chambers and talk to her. She's too young to put on the stand, it would scare her to death.

Several years ago they were all at Disneyworld - and my son was holding Roan - she was just a baby. Johns soon-ex got mad at her mother and punched her mother in the eye! She gave her own mother a black eye!

I come from a family that is totally drama free. I don't understand drama - never been around it.

Then my son married the queen of drama.

Seriously. When they married, my ex-husband, father of both of my boys felt like something was wrong with the new wife. He was a California Assembly for the largest district in California for 8 years and he had a full background check pulled - a comprehensive background, not one you buy on the internet.

By daughter was arrested in 4 states for domestic violence, once with intent to kill with a snow shovel.

His dad put the report in his safe and kept it there until such a time when John might need it - until then, no one knew the report had been pulled.

Her whole family is drama like this. How in the world did he ever get messed up with this person or her family?

Well, at least we got a beautiful granddaughter out of this mess and hopefully my oldest son has learned to be a little more wise in decisions of who to date - and especially who to marry!

It is a shame that she has to be the horrible person that she is :

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Have done some stamping/scrapping today. It's little stuff on a lo, but it's still something.

Also did some stamping on two Christmas cards that are heading out tomorrow.

I 'should' branch out and push my limits, but....in a way I think 'Eh'. There was some crackle type stuff Tim Holtz produced, and I wanted to try it out. Of course, it's discontinued!

hey it all adds up in the end way to go on the cards That is great
I have never tried that crackle stuff you are talking about

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Morning, all! As soon as I finish my first (and only) cuppa coffee (for now, at least), should get self in gear and get some much needed 'things' done. Husband needs his license plate sticker, checking account needs feeding so I can pay bills.... Of course, I am off today and tomorrow, so I am the one doing the running.

Yes, I will be doing some scrapping. Did a little bit when I got home last night, but not much. Just part of a background.

Henri, would the court listen to your granddaughter and how she feels about her mom?

That is graet that you did a bit of scrapping after you did your errands

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I was in a dress shop recently and put a purchase on my debit card - more than I usually spend in the dress store.

My phone rang - it was my bank. They verified my identity and told me the reason they were calling was that someone just tried to deduct money from my account with my debit card and it was not a normal transaction for me and they wanted to make sure that I had, indeed made the purchase before they approved it.

Ali - I have had computers die and they can often be booted up by a computer person and everything can be backed up. Find out - I've always been able to get stuff back off after a computer dies. One of my computer died so often (years ago), that my son got tired of booting it back up for me and gave me a boot disk for it.

That is good to know about the computer

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Eek to the identity bit! I know for a fact an ex friend of mine......note I said EX friend....changed names a few times without benefit of going through the court system, etc. She also TOLD me she'd also done a 'number' on her SS number....and this was after she did time for bad checks. Of course, she blames her ex husband, and everyone else but herself. *Sigh*

Poked my nose in at Michaels, and so many people aren't paying attention to cars backing out.

That is great that you tried to go to michaels while risking you life :

Edited by anda11 on 12-14-16 10:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well I think I am caught up here :), I have my patriotic box open & I am also going thru school so I am putting those away

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to anda11

Thanks!!!

• anda11 Said:
  • SoonerT Said:

I would feel that way too congrats on finishing one

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to southgirl

Thank you!!!!

• southgirl Said:
SoonerT... love the LO.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to anda11

Thanks!!!!

• anda11 Said:
  • SoonerT Said:

Thanks for sharing that layout this page is so adorable & so are your sweet kids i left some love for you

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SoonerT

I am still working on boxes but I have gone though so many I put the vacation away too. Iam so happy about my baby papers. lots of them were bad but I have a fabulous assortment of peaperss & stickers I am going thru the heritage onesn

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good evening dear freinds I am still going though the boxes

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so happy because I am almost done with the boxes & drawers

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

we have great news my dd got her new car thankfully Dave totaled his recently & my son is in fla working & seeing freinds he did not go last yr cause dave had lots of med sdtuff last yr. my dd wreced hers recently

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I still have papers to put away but not too many now

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 12-17-16 08:39 PM
In response to anda11

This is the Christmas season ... I'm just trying to stay out of the way.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

that is so funny Don

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am continuing to putting things away :)I hhope I am done soon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am almost done I might work on something after I finish

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still trying to get my scrap table clean

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

I made 2 sewing boxes (in one day) to put jewelry in. Then made three xmas cards and then made 6 xmas cards and then made 4 more. Every time I thought I was through I saw something else I could do,. And I have 2 Birthday cards to make.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I saw the sewing boxes you made. they were glorious. congrats on getting your cards done

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my table is finally clean I have been working on a heritage page of my neice

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to anda11

Well, home at last. At least I have tomorrow off. Am thinking about some lo's I'd like to work on.

Husband picked up KFC tonight. Fingers are a bit funky, so won't work on anything tonight.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

I bought the neatest coloring book. It is animal shapes with all kinds of words inside the shape, describing the animal. I also bought some Kaisercraft gel pens and they are so much fun to play with.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

Just popping in to say hello. Its been a crazy family Christmas - not that the family is crazy. Well, maybe some are but that isn't what I meant.

We aren't around little ones so a 14 month old, two 2-year olds, a four, a six and a seven year old - WOW! They were really good, but still, they are kids.

Mom had 18 at her house for dinner Sunday night. Monday night my brother and his wife had about 19 or 20 (we had lasagna). Then on Tuesday mom took about 23 of us to a seafood restaurant and insisted that it was her treat for us and told us all if we couldn't let her pay, then we weren't invited so she picked up the check for 23. (Could have been a few more people, I'm not sure). Then Wednesday night my brother and his wife had everyone over again - 23 of us I think. They cooked in the smoker - 2 racks of baby-back ribs, a port shoulder, a boston butt, some sausages and several chickens. That is a feast 4 nights in a row with tons of family.

We are ready for peace and quiet!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Wow Henri Jean, We had family trickle in and out for 2 weeks. I am looking forward for some peace and quiet. Tree coming down tomorrow and things getting back to normal. Rough time of year for me. Hate New Years...hate it. But it will be over soon.

Edited by southgirl on 01-01-17 09:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 12-31-16 11:09 AM
In response to southgirl

I hope to take Christmas down and stored so I can get my studio uncluttered. The last 2'X14' of studio space is shelved for storage. I have lightweight canvas drapes to hide the area.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

New Year doesn't matter to me much one way or the other.

I'm not into fireworks, although I do enjoy the big fireworks shows when we are into Hawaii - the Hilton Hawaiian Village shoots them over the water and those are fun.

But rarely am I up at midnight on New Years eve - and if so we are just taking it easy.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 12-31-16 03:24 PM

Christmas is down and stuff stored. This evening I start on my studio, putting stuff back in order.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

I'm working on pages. I really enjoy research so that is what I'm doing tonight.

We were in Primm, Nevada earlier this year and saw the car that Dutch Schultz, the gangster used and after his death, Al Capone got possession of it. I had fun checking out Dutch Schultz for the layout - I didn't know anything about him.

We also saw the Bonnie and Clyde car - the one we were in when they were killed. Getting a 2-pager (I think ready for that.) Had a good photo of the bullet holes in the window of the car and in the side of the car. Cropped and made it square - now the bullet hole pictures are the background papers for the layouts.

Need to research them and find some tidbits to add to the layouts.

I am very happy spending new Year's eve this way!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Well, home at last. At least I have tomorrow off. Am thinking about some lo's I'd like to work on.

Husband picked up KFC tonight. Fingers are a bit funky, so won't work on anything tonight.

I am glad you made it home I misread this that your KFC fingers were a bit funky

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I bought the neatest coloring book. It is animal shapes with all kinds of words inside the shape, describing the animal. I also bought some Kaisercraft gel pens and they are so much fun to play with.

congrats on getting your coloring book & gel pens I have always loved coloring so does my dd too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Just popping in to say hello. Its been a crazy family Christmas - not that the family is crazy. Well, maybe some are but that isn't what I meant.

We aren't around little ones so a 14 month old, two 2-year olds, a four, a six and a seven year old - WOW! They were really good, but still, they are kids.

Mom had 18 at her house for dinner Sunday night. Monday night my brother and his wife had about 19 or 20 (we had lasagna). Then on Tuesday mom took about 23 of us to a seafood restaurant and insisted that it was her treat for us and told us all if we couldn't let her pay, then we weren't invited so she picked up the check for 23. (Could have been a few more people, I'm not sure). Then Wednesday night my brother and his wife had everyone over again - 23 of us I think. They cooked in the smoker - 2 racks of baby-back ribs, a port shoulder, a boston butt, some sausages and several chickens. That is a feast 4 nights in a row with tons of family.

We are ready for peace and quiet!

I am glad that you had some good meals with your family I love lasagna I am also glad that you were able to visit with the kids

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Wow Henri Jean, We had family trickle in and out for 2 weeks. I am looking forward for some peace and quiet. Tree coming down tomorrow and things getting back to normal. Rough time of year for me. Hate New Years...hate it. But it will be over soon.

I am so glad that the new year is over. I am deeply sorry that it is a bad time for you

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
I hope to take Christmas down and stored so I can get my studio uncluttered. The last 2'X14' of studio space is shelved for storage. I have lightweight canvas drapes to hide the area.

Good luck on getting your studio uncluttered I hope it doesn't take too fast

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

I'm not into fireworks, although I do enjoy the big fireworks shows when we are into Hawaii - the Hilton Hawaiian Village shoots them over the water and those are fun.

But rarely am I up at midnight on New Years eve - and if so we are just taking it easy.

we just stay home on new years we used to play games & had kids freinds too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
Christmas is down and stuff stored. This evening I start on my studio, putting stuff back in order.

whoohoo Don

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm working on pages. I really enjoy research so that is what I'm doing tonight.

We were in Primm, Nevada earlier this year and saw the car that Dutch Schultz, the gangster used and after his death, Al Capone got possession of it. I had fun checking out Dutch Schultz for the layout - I didn't know anything about him.

We also saw the Bonnie and Clyde car - the one we were in when they were killed. Getting a 2-pager (I think ready for that.) Had a good photo of the bullet holes in the window of the car and in the side of the car. Cropped and made it square - now the bullet hole pictures are the background papers for the layouts.

Need to research them and find some tidbits to add to the layouts.

I am very happy spending new Year's eve this way!

I agree about spending new years scrapping or crafting
all of those gangster cars sure sound interesting enjoy working on them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I worked on my heritage page a bit the other day I have been trying to take a pic of my son's yellow car

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

here is David's yellow car I love it

Davids Yellow car 1984 By Anda11

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to anda11

Morning all!

I got some scrapping done yesterday. Am working on two, and one is similar to another one I've done. Of course, both are still works in progress.

Henri, I read our local paper before I logged in here. Guess 3 guys were arrested for skimming devices at several gas stations. Now you know why I mainly pay cash!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

hi Sue congrats on getting some pages working on I have lots of them in progress

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:

Dear Henri I forgot to post that I left you some love on your hawaii pages & your precious beautiful granddaughter birthday with the cute kitty cake She is adorable

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Thank you Linda. Love getting compliments on my granddaughter but I also realize that everyone else has cute grandkids too!

Thanks for the love on all the pages - I always appreciate it so much!

I've heard of skimming devices at the gas stations, but never been sure about what they are talking about. I gather it allows them to get money off the credit/debit card of the person before them. That is a scary thought!

Page 68 of 70 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics