Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Henri Jean

you are welcome hon I do not have any grandkids I will just admire yours Roan is a beautiful name

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Thank you - Roan is an unusual name. John had an agreement with his wife. If it was a boy, it would be named after him but if it was a girl, she could pick the name. So, that is what she picked!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I have my annual winter crud. But to prove I am creative, while I was coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose I came up with a neat idea. Now I have to feel better to do it. I made a Tim Holtz Village Cottage from his die. I will put green felt on a cake stand, then the house and make a fairy garden. The dome will make it look like a terrarium. Or that is my plan. IF it works I will take a picture and post it.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to southgirl

Southgirl - that sounds like a fabulous idea! I hope you are able to make it a reality. Sorry you have the crud! I've been able to keep it at bay, so far......(knock on wood)!

jynclr07
Resident
jynclr07
In response to Joanie R

I wasn't going to post until I caught up to all 69 pages.

Uhm. Nope.

What I've got going on today is working on my pocket letter for the January PL swap. It's my first one. I've taken the time to actually draw out and *design* what I consider 9 mini ATCs rather than just trying to do something in my head. It's helping me to remember all these little detailed ideas I am getting.

This is the one thing I am doing differently coming back to paper crafting.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to jynclr07

You know I have been on this board a few years and never have done a swap. I always find one that is like in the middle of it or the end.

Jynclr, planning your pocket letter sounds like a good idea. I made a few ATC's when they first came out. I like the "smallness" of them and am amazed how much you can do on such a small space. Take a picture when you are finished and show us how they came out?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Thank you - Roan is an unusual name. John had an agreement with his wife. If it was a boy, it would be named after him but if it was a girl, she could pick the name. So, that is what she picked!

That makes sense Dave I i did that he didn't care if I chose the first name & he chose the middle. i loved the name angela. when my son was born I wanted t use my dads name somewhere so dave chose David & I chose Ray

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I have my annual winter crud. But to prove I am creative, while I was coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose I came up with a neat idea. Now I have to feel better to do it. I made a Tim Holtz Village Cottage from his die. I will put green felt on a cake stand, then the house and make a fairy garden. The dome will make it look like a terrarium. Or that is my plan. IF it works I will take a picture and post it.

I am so sorry that you are sick I hope it leaves you fast
that fairy garden sure sounds nice

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Morning, all. I am still working on my first cup of coffee.

I was planning on doing a lot of scrapping today, but that got put on hold. Da Coot (Dad) was supposed to drop by yesterday to pick up some papers I printed out; that got changed to us dropping the dang things off today. Guess he's on his latest donut kick, as he then asked for a dozen jelly donuts, besides. So, donuts it is.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

Doughnuts sounds good to me! I'd love a doughnut this morning. My husband is always on a doughnut kick and unfortunately, so am I!

suebird
Expert
suebird

Henri, I am sure the VA will have a fit over Dad's 'high' blood sugar and supposed diabetes, though.

Dad is pushing 85 next week. From reading his labs, a blood sugar of 115 does not scream diabetic to me....and I go by the norms of 70 to 110. Yeah, 5 ticks over. So his Hgb1 runs a bit high (6-ish?), but given his age? Seriously! He thinks he's in his 50s at time, and will occasionally forget to eat something until 11 am. *Sigh*.

Will be heading out for his stash in an hour or so.

Edited by suebird on 01-08-17 07:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

My mom will be 89 in August and gets around very well, except that she broke her foot about 15 years ago and it never healed right so it hurts her to walk. Sometimes she uses a walker, but not often.

Bill teases me and says she walks better than I do because of my knees.

She still drives, runs her own boat motor business and once every couple months she drives 2 states over and picks up a load of 8 boats and drives them home. (Although I don't think she will do that too much longer.)

She prides herself on being in church every Sunday morning, and even if the creek did rise, it wouldn't keep her away from her little church. She hasn't missed a Sunday in 55 years.

She has survived breast cancer and has had to have a main artery in her neck cleaned but other than that - she's healthy.

A tiny bit forgetful, but she's almost 89! She eats what she wants too, although, to her benefit, vegetables are her main preference. Give her a big pot of lima beans with a little ham cooked in it, she's in foodie heaven. She loves turnip greens and all the other greens and even though she eats sweets, she will go to the vegetables first.

Unfortunately, give me a choice of lima beans (and I like lima beans just fine) or doughnuts... no contest. Hand me another doughnut.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Well, Dad got his stash, and is happy.

Depending on the weather....ice, really slippery....occasionally he won't go to his regular church, but go to a different one across the highway. No steps there, that I know of.

My maternal grandmother was like your mom until she ended up in rehab. She'd probably crawl up the stairs, osteoarthritis and all.

No scrapping today. I lost the oomph I had earlier. At least I am still planning layouts.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

Sorry you lost your oomp.

I wish I had the determination and motivation my mom has. I can't imagine being that active at 88!

Armymom16
Expert
Armymom16

Well, I started dabbling in Digi scrapbooking today. Completed my first two layouts.

WARRIOR BANQUET` By Armymom16

PVT Inge By Armymom16

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Joanie R

• Joanie R Said:
Southgirl - that sounds like a fabulous idea! I hope you are able to make it a reality. Sorry you have the crud! I've been able to keep it at bay, so far......(knock on wood)!

I hope that you are able to stay well Joanie

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to jynclr07

• jynclr07 Said:
I wasn't going to post until I caught up to all 69 pages.

Uhm. Nope.

What I've got going on today is working on my pocket letter for the January PL swap. It's my first one. I've taken the time to actually draw out and *design* what I consider 9 mini ATCs rather than just trying to do something in my head. It's helping me to remember all these little detailed ideas I am getting.

This is the one thing I am doing differently coming back to paper crafting.

well do not feel bad about the goal you had any number that you do make is fine
that pocket letter thing sounds great I have seen them they are so cool

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Morning, all. I am still working on my first cup of coffee.

I was planning on doing a lot of scrapping today, but that got put on hold. Da Coot (Dad) was supposed to drop by yesterday to pick up some papers I printed out; that got changed to us dropping the dang things off today. Guess he's on his latest donut kick, as he then asked for a dozen jelly donuts, besides. So, donuts it is.

that sounds like a fabuloous idea to be with him I love donuts too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Doughnuts sounds good to me! I'd love a doughnut this morning. My husband is always on a doughnut kick and unfortunately, so am I!

we are always on a doughnut kick

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Henri, I am sure the VA will have a fit over Dad's 'high' blood sugar and supposed diabetes, though.

Dad is pushing 85 next week. From reading his labs, a blood sugar of 115 does not scream diabetic to me....and I go by the norms of 70 to 110. Yeah, 5 ticks over. So his Hgb1 runs a bit high (6-ish?), but given his age? Seriously! He thinks he's in his 50s at time, and will occasionally forget to eat something until 11 am. *Sigh*.

Will be heading out for his stash in an hour or so.

it sounds like your dad is a veteran so I want you to thank him for his service we would not be here without all of them give him a hug from me It is nice that you are there to help him if he needs it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
My mom will be 89 in August and gets around very well, except that she broke her foot about 15 years ago and it never healed right so it hurts her to walk. Sometimes she uses a walker, but not often.

Bill teases me and says she walks better than I do because of my knees.

She still drives, runs her own boat motor business and once every couple months she drives 2 states over and picks up a load of 8 boats and drives them home. (Although I don't think she will do that too much longer.)

She prides herself on being in church every Sunday morning, and even if the creek did rise, it wouldn't keep her away from her little church. She hasn't missed a Sunday in 55 years.

She has survived breast cancer and has had to have a main artery in her neck cleaned but other than that - she's healthy.

A tiny bit forgetful, but she's almost 89! She eats what she wants too, although, to her benefit, vegetables are her main preference. Give her a big pot of lima beans with a little ham cooked in it, she's in foodie heaven. She loves turnip greens and all the other greens and even though she eats sweets, she will go to the vegetables first.

Unfortunately, give me a choice of lima beans (and I like lima beans just fine) or doughnuts... no contest. Hand me another doughnut.

that is fab news about your mom Henri she is definitely a survivor & amazing woman I love lima beans in milk or with butter

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Well, Dad got his stash, and is happy.

Depending on the weather....ice, really slippery....occasionally he won't go to his regular church, but go to a different one across the highway. No steps there, that I know of.

My maternal grandmother was like your mom until she ended up in rehab. She'd probably crawl up the stairs, osteoarthritis and all.

No scrapping today. I lost the oomph I had earlier. At least I am still planning layouts.

I am sorry you do not feel like scrapping but at least you planned layouts I think older women from the past 7 now are sure strong aand have always been

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

HenriJean, your mom is what we refer to down here as "spry". Or as my resident grump says...a tough old gal. I agree with her, lima beans are good.

I am well, it was a little old head cold. I worked on a shadow box card last night. I saw a video and made it easy peasy. Now I will make a sleeve type envelope for it. Since it is 1/4 or more inches thick it will be a hand deliver card.

Going to a Crop this weekend. I need to get me organized.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
HenriJean, your mom is what we refer to down here as "spry". Or as my resident grump says...a tough old gal. I agree with her, lima beans are good.

I am well, it was a little old head cold. I worked on a shadow box card last night. I saw a video and made it easy peasy. Now I will make a sleeve type envelope for it. Since it is 1/4 or more inches thick it will be a hand deliver card.

Going to a Crop this weekend. I need to get me organized.

I haven't thought of spry for years I am glad that you got to work on a shadowbox card last night it is nice to have craft videos I hope your head cold leaves you soon
I hope you have a blast during your crop

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

My mom is definitely tough!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
My mom is definitely tough!

well that is a good thing

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good tues afternoon dear friends I am going to cointinue to work on my niece heritage page I was actually adhering some of it I am going to look for some pics of me when I was 3 & soume pics of my family in 60. I only have 1 more thing to print & I cold start on that lo when I was siick.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have my box out on my table. I hope I can find those 1960 pics I am also going to find some house pics too if I caan

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been finding some house pics too I still have 2 photo boxes to go through. I have been dieing to do a page with a title about the house so I am finding those

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Good evening, folks. Thankfully I am off tomorrow, as the drive home yesterday and tonight was rough. Last night was snow and sleet, with idiots driving too fast. Took me 3 hours to get home. Tonight was high winds.

Anda, Dad was 4th Army, Korean Conflict. He ended up with a case of Hep. A right before Basic, which kept him State-side. Still, the Army got some use out of him.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

whoohoo with you being off tomorrow I am so very glad that you did make it home even though you had crazy drivers

Your dad still served anyway my hubby has said for years that he must be getting old cause when he goes to the VA Vietnam keeps getting to the top of the conflicts & all the others are gone

I found the house pics that I wanted to use 1st I think I said recently that I wanted to do a page titled the house that built me

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

now I feel like working on my baby again because now it is in the drawer instead of a stack I love my baby cards & they go so well with the prima paper :)now my table is full I need to put stuff away so I can do something now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found a pic of daddy & I in our winter coat for the snow page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I also found a paper I drew of a winter scene on black paper I am going to use that on the snow page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well I am working on the snow page I sure have lots of snowflake paper thankfully

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have it sitting on my table I am moving things around to see what looks best

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Here are the 2 cards I made. Super easy and fun to make.

Shadow Box Cards
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2461983 ...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2461983 ...

I am starting on my fairy garden. Got to run over to HL to get doll house or HO scale train scenery stuff?

I Jumped in and bought the collection of Heartfelt Wildwood Cottage. A big expenditure for me. No worries, I am worth it. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

both those cards are wonderful good luck on your fairy garden my brother always had train layouts all his life have fun aat Hob lob I love going there

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Morning....I think. Took a mental health day. Driving to work this past week was awful, and I called off today. Good thing, too, as now my nose is draining.

Have had a few ideas for layouts; now to get them done.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

It's hard to get anything done when your nose is dripping. I understand that totally. Get better soon.

I'm all packed up and ready to crop. My plan (and you know about plans) is to make some Tim Holtz village houses. I promised a friend I would show her how to make the Sizzix sewing kit. And when the girls see my Shadow Box card I will have to show them how to do it. I probably wont get anything done. I will have fun though.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Morning....I think. Took a mental health day. Driving to work this past week was awful, and I called off today. Good thing, too, as now my nose is draining.

Have had a few ideas for layouts; now to get them done.

I am so glad that you took today off I do hhope that you feel better soon I hope you are able to work on those layouts you had ideas for

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
It's hard to get anything done when your nose is dripping. I understand that totally. Get better soon.

I'm all packed up and ready to crop. My plan (and you know about plans) is to make some Tim Holtz village houses. I promised a friend I would show her how to make the Sizzix sewing kit. And when the girls see my Shadow Box card I will have to show them how to do it. I probably wont get anything done. I will have fun though.

That is so nice that you are going to show them how to do those things I never get anything done at crops except talking & sharing which is great fun Have a BLAST at your crop

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well good fri eve dear friends I am going to finish a heritage page

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 01-13-17 05:37 PM
In response to anda11

Yeah! Let us see it when you are done!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ckair

I will I am getting ready to adhere

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I fell asleep in my chair lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

yeah everything is done but the ink needs to dry

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Morning, all!

My local stamp/scrap store closed in December of 2015, which bums me out. Not sure how I did it, but I found someone who holds the occasional crop; she also sells various things.

Most brick and mortar stores around here are pretty far away. One place opened a satellite store near by, but I haven't been down that way lately. The one or two times I was in the area, they were closed.

Did get some 'puttering' done....

Jen Ellen F
New Kid On the Block
Jen Ellen F
In response to suebird

I'm the new kid on the block. Just uploaded the January color challenge in my gallery! Thanks for the inspiration!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Morning, all!

My local stamp/scrap store closed in December of 2015, which bums me out. Not sure how I did it, but I found someone who holds the occasional crop; she also sells various things.

Most brick and mortar stores around here are pretty far away. One place opened a satellite store near by, but I haven't been down that way lately. The one or two times I was in the area, they were closed.

Did get some 'puttering' done....

I know exactly what you mean our city had 17 different lss over the yrs but the one 3 miles from my house closed recently we only have 1 left which is not really close. I am so grateful that hobby lobby & michaels do rent their classrooms for free & they are 3 mis too. my friends & I used to meet there often

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Jen Ellen F

• Jen Ellen F Said:
I'm the new kid on the block. Just uploaded the January color challenge in my gallery! Thanks for the inspiration!

Welcome Jen Ellen I am so glad that you are joining us here all of the people here are just so friendly & helpful too I am so so happy that you found us

I do a monthly heritage challenge here with 1970s pics & before. I would be thrilled if you have those pics & joined us

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Jen wish I could make such neat clean layouts.

Back from my weekend crop. Now I need to unpack and I am going to reorganize things. I am going to try to streamline it a bit. I got a layout almost done. I made another Tim Holtz house and helped a friend make a sewing box, They did want me to show them how to do the Shadow Box card. It took 30 minutes to make it. And somehow I managed to go to Michaels and fool around with coloring some bookmarks and a card also.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I am so happy that you had a great time showing them how to make those things
I hope that you are able to reorganize that helps you I am glad you colored some things. glad you worked on some stuff

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Rats! Got home from work, found out my glasses are missing. Guess they got busted. This is going to be fun....NOT!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

Oh Sue I am so sorry to hear about your glasses I hope that you can get them fixed or replaced asap

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Thanks, Linda!

Thankfully, my Moose was off this week. Had him swing by the eye doctor, and pick up a copy of my prescription. I am off tomorrow, and will go get a new pair....hopefully. Will take a few days to get them done. Thus, will probably need to get a cheap pair somewhere just to tide me over.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

that sounds good

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am excited again when I go to work on my heritage & baby pages etc I really do not have many flowers that I can use so I thankfully I have the strip svgs for rolled flowers from birds. (free) I am so glad cause I hesitate to do them with flowers at all my cameo can cut these strips for me too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hello dear freinds I was considering if the xmas house paper would be ok for the house that built me page but it is not good so I luckily found this new page in the gallery that has perfect papers by simple stories called domestic bliss. I love this page so I am going to get it it does not come out till feb

here is the page

https://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleri...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good morning everyone I hope to work on something today

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Morning.....I think. Work schedule got rearranged just this once-worked yesterday, off today.

Am feeling a bit blah right now. Not sure if I'll manage any scrapping today, but at least I can think about future layouts.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I am sorry that you are feeling so so I hope you are able to actually plan some pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good morning everyone I have a couple things to do that are scrappy

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Hope your morning was productive, Anda.

Picked up some Bo Bunny glitter paste from the gal who has the crops in my area. Decided to try it out, and am (im)patiently waiting for it to dry. I think I will like it, though.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

I got the neatest die cut from a friend at the last crop I went to. It was a Tattered Lace die cut. A lady sitting at a cafe table and the other one is a lady walking up a step. It was cut in white paper and I wanted it black. So I used a Sharpie marker to color them both and reached for my Black Magic Glimmer Mist only to discover it was almost empty and the spray thingy was clogged. I went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and my LSS and could not find any more. My LSS dealer suggested I use a mini mister. I came back home and got the bright idea of just painting it on with a paint brush. Voila!!!! Works great. Then the next day I went to Tuesday Morning and found an almost "Black" Glimmer Mist for cheap.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I did not get anything done I was going through some of my pint boards svg ones most of the stuff I saved I didn't like anymore plus if it is a baby svg that isn ' t there anymore.. I can use clipart in my cameo thankfully plus I have found tons of baby clipsrt already
I hope you like that stuff you tried
I really want to work on my baby pages again I saw someone using heart buttons on a baby page. they also used some pink bling swirls.. some punched stufff..flat flowers & ribbon too. I have tons of buttons.... some ribbon flowers w pearl so maybe those will work. .

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I got the neatest die cut from a friend at the last crop I went to. It was a Tattered Lace die cut. A lady sitting at a cafe table and the other one is a lady walking up a step. It was cut in white paper and I wanted it black. So I used a Sharpie marker to color them both and reached for my Black Magic Glimmer Mist only to discover it was almost empty and the spray thingy was clogged. I went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and my LSS and could not find any more. My LSS dealer suggested I use a mini mister. I came back home and got the bright idea of just painting it on with a paint brush. Voila!!!! Works great. Then the next day I went to Tuesday Morning and found an almost "Black" Glimmer Mist for cheap.

I missed where you were explaining this I am sso glad that you found something to work

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am happy cause I found baby buttons in my box. they are a blocks with abc on them. I found som,e pink heart buttons & I have too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I also found some sweet pink baby ribbons...one says bundle of joy )

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I pulled all the stuff that i could use on my baby pages....ribbons, bling, buttons, pearl strand, doilies, little flower things too.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Is Glimmer Mist/Tattered Angels still around?

Glasses are ready, but so are my husbands'. Guess who is getting their glasses first?!

I may work on stuff this weekend. Depends on what I get done in the morning.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I am so sorry that you may noot get your glasses first I hope you are able to do something I am not sure if that company is still around. if not you could find some on ebay

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Anda, Da Moose has needed new glasses for a while. I 'only' need reading glasses, mainly for charting.

I'd have to wait for my glasses anyhow. Guess I was so ticked off about the first pair, I didn't hear the lady put in an order for distance glasses. Nope; not gonna work!

Can't wait for the Bo Bunny glitter paste I ordered!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I agree with the distance ones . I tried the bi focal contacs years ago..... I hated it even after a long time. so I got regular lenses I prefer to move my head or glasses when doing something. rather than my eyes trying oto find anything.

I am glad that you have an order coming

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good sunday morning dear freinds I am going to do my baby pages next

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

Can't wait to see them Linda!

suebird
Expert
suebird

Hope you got some scrapping accomplished, Anda!

I spent quite a bit of time trying to download some pictures this morning. Someone had taken them at the one re-enactment we attend, and the pics would be great for one of the scrapbooks I am doing. Part of the problem was how the pictures were saved.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

Suebird,isn't it frustrating when technology gets unreasonable?

I discovered a neat thing about gel pens. I know that they blend well with water, like water colors. But when you are coloring in a coloring book water makes a mess. Well, if (after you color a small area) you use a dry brush to blend or do a brush stroke it will have a neat effect. The gel must be still wet for this to work. I use Kaiser Craft gel pens but I think this technique will work for other brands.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Suebird,isn't it frustrating when technology gets unreasonable?

I discovered a neat thing about gel pens. I know that they blend well with water, like water colors. But when you are coloring in a coloring book water makes a mess. Well, if (after you color a small area) you use a dry brush to blend or do a brush stroke it will have a neat effect. The gel must be still wet for this to work. I use Kaiser Craft gel pens but I think this technique will work for other brands.

well if you the fabulous gel pens made by sakura jelly rolls.. they are waterproof. they have some colors that write niice on dark colors.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
Can't wait to see them Linda!

thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Hope you got some scrapping accomplished, Anda!

I spent quite a bit of time trying to download some pictures this morning. Someone had taken them at the one re-enactment we attend, and the pics would be great for one of the scrapbooks I am doing. Part of the problem was how the pictures were saved.

those pics sound like they would be perfect I hope you are abl to find a way to get them

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

JESUS BLESS THE HUSBAND AND THE BROTHER !!!!!!
sounds like a cool Washington dc book !!!
Not working on a single thing YET!!!!!
Planning on :
1. ancestry book for my Dad
2. ancestry book for my Mom
3. 40 pages this year for my kids/me
some cards

btw--aquabunny I'm going now to check out yo gallery !!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to mindygail

hi Mindy if you are going to work on you heritage pages.....you should do my monthly heritage challenge here : it is a lot of fun I put you on my list so I will send the new month through your message here I have lots of ideas but you work on whatever you want I just closed Jan so I am going to do Feb today

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Well, found out both of my orders are at the post office for pickup. I use a PO box for some things, so nothing gets stolen.

Ordered some pictures, also. Hope we'll get them within a week.

Then.....scrapping really begins.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

that sounds great I always love to get new goodies in the mail & new photos too

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Started puttering with the stash. Smacking my head, too.

Decided I should do layouts involving The Dump of 2011 and 2015. We'll see how that goes.

Hope your day is great so far, Anda.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

thanks you my day is great thanks for asking I have been adding heritage people on my buddy list there are over 80. I have to friend them & then that is my buddy list I have been sending links to my heritage challenge too I always send a link. it makes it easier to check us out I hope that you are doing ok too

Edited by anda11 on 02-02-17 05:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am continuing the heritage people

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am working on a layout I started months ago. the paper I bought didn,t look good. since I put boxes away... I had some nice music papers thaat looks like they are great so I am trying that one again it is a heritage page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got detoured from any pages because I had a bunch of papers that I had set on a table. I am putting them away

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been taking some time to remove the papers from some stacks so I cann put them iin the correct place I also put away the rest of the sports box....sI still haave cowgirl & food boxes left

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Would have picked up a few hours today, but major accidents, thanks to snow.

Should work on layouts without the pictures.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Would have picked up a few hours today, but major accidents, thanks to snow.

Should work on layouts without the pictures.

Oh well it is much better if you stay safe I hope you are able to do them without pics I was going thru the storage room again...no luck on my mom's doll

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Well, got the pictures last night!

Of course, had a fun time deciding what lo I need to work on next. The one where my husband and FIL are walking up to a county jail. and then as they depart said jail? Or some of the shots I took in Nashville or St. Charles, MO?

Decisions!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I am so happy that you pics made it It sure is fun to look for papers I have been going thru boxes in the storage bedroom I have gone thru lots of boxes but no doll I did find mom's valentines & cards & stuff like that she collected them for yrs I am wanting to do a page about a woman I found 2 gorgeous woman images they both have flowers. one matches the paper kit I bought yrs ago to do my mom's lilac beauty pages one is perfect it is secret garden by G45. I am going to find a pic. my table is stuffed full again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found a beautiful pic of mom when she might have been a teen which looks like it would work

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Here are my snow pages

Snow pg 1 Linda Bennington Feb heritage challenge By Anda11

Snow pg 2 Linda Bennington Feb heritage challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am working on some heritage pages now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have pulled out some peach stuff to see if it goes on my mom; paper. I found a few paper but this is my fav I hope it works then I am going to do another page I have gong probably heritage

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Well, I did work some on a layout yesterday. Of course, dog interrupted me a few times----wanting out/food, etc. If we fed him as often as he wants, we'd have a fat beagle.

Coot really did it this time: Got a call from husband on my way home Tuesday; guess dad was on a ladder, trying to move some wires outside. He climbed up, ladder went one way....he went the other. I read him the riot act. Heck, he'd have done the same to me. He's still sore.

Am planning on heading out Wednesday to see the lady who holds monthly crops. I may attend the one she has going on next month.

Well, I am due for another cuppa coffee. Should do some more scrapping, too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics