Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I do love these.

Edited by anda11 on 12-31-12 01:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am planning on working on my cards again. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

ok I really have to get these cards done. lol

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
  • Kim222 Said:
Alison - was it you that posted about a technique book by Vicki Boutin?! I'm thinking it was....anyway--I got it for Christmas and it is absolutely TOO MUCH FUN!!!

I have a long weekend crop coming up at the end of January and I can't WAIT to try almost every single page in there!! I'm reading the book (for the 2nd time now!) with a pad and pen making a list of things I need to be sure and pack for the crop.

I did post about the book, "Creative Foundations" and I love it too!
I'm actually considering a Cruise and Crop where Vicki will be the guest teacher.....DH and I are thinking about it. It's not until Feb. 2014 but we need to decide before it's all booked up....

Alison

How cool is that?! Bet she's a great teacher, too. She's got so many great ideas.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

How are they coming along, Linda?!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
How are they coming along, Linda?!

I did not work on them yet. I was going through boxes in my room that are not unpacked yet. DH got another drawer built YEAH

Edited by anda11 on 01-02-13 09:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

hi Linda

sounds like you have your DH well trained LOL.

my one goal this week is to CLEAN MY SCRAP ROOM! I swear, it hasn't been clean in over a month. I can't make cards well if I can't find what I need,,,I cleaned the floor last night (yeah, it was a disaster,,,,,,scraps, buttons, things that had fallen off the table LOL),,,,,and today, my goal is to clean off my table. tomorrow, I will clean off my die cutting station,,,,,,and this weekend, I'll clean off my shelves,,,,,

if all goes as planned, by next week, I'll be scrapping away happily

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to CommaHolly

No, Holly, if all goes the way I have planned, next week will find you doing your cleaning magic in my work space! That would get my new year off to a terrific start! ~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mrsdriver5

I cleaned off the table AND the die cutting station today

next up,,,,the shelves but not til tomorrow

and I FINALLY made a card!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
hi Linda

sounds like you have your DH well trained LOL.

my one goal this week is to CLEAN MY SCRAP ROOM! I swear, it hasn't been clean in over a month. I can't make cards well if I can't find what I need,,,I cleaned the floor last night (yeah, it was a disaster,,,,,,scraps, buttons, things that had fallen off the table LOL),,,,,and today, my goal is to clean off my table. tomorrow, I will clean off my die cutting station,,,,,,and this weekend, I'll clean off my shelves,,,,,

if all goes as planned, by next week, I'll be scrapping away happily

Hi Holly, Yes he is a great guy. I hope that you do get all of your table & die cutting station totally clean. I hope you get your shelves done too. My room is very clean. lol maybe that is cause I do not have any scrap stuff unpacked. lol I have not bought a table yet till I see how much room I will have.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
No, Holly, if all goes the way I have planned, next week will find you doing your cleaning magic in my work space! That would get my new year off to a terrific start! ~Judy

Hi Judy, I sure hope you find that cleaning fairy asap.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
I cleaned off the table AND the die cutting station today

next up,,,,the shelves but not til tomorrow

and I FINALLY made a card!

WHOOHOO Holly! YEAH you found your table & actually made a card. YEAH

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found 5 boxes of punches tonight. YEAH. I am not sure if there are more. I did start puttting them in those drawers. My old drawers were bigger but shorter. I was afraid certain stuff wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room. YEAH IT feels good to get those drawers filled.lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

Somehow I'm getting the hint that Holly isn't planning on cleaning up my mess for me While you work on your snowman cards, Linda, I'm still working on 2013 calendars for 2 granddaughters. Now I know I really need to go through and get my photos organized, along with everything else that needs the "magic touch". It would make it so much easier to find the pics I want to use for the calendar pages. It didn't help when my pc died in Oct. and I haven't had a chance to get everything set up again. I just need life to slow down a little bit.

Tomorrow night we have our 2nd New Years Eve with our son/family who are visiting from Tahoe. We'll go out to a crab buffet, then come home to play games and toast the "new year" in again at midnight, watching the ball drop on youtube. Then, maybe things will slow down a tad.

Last night we had our 2nd round of opening Christmas presents. My kids went together and got me Set A of 72 Copic Ciao markers! I was so excited...and surprised! That should give me the encouragement I need to get my stuff back in order and get back into scrappy mode!~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I found 5 boxes of punches tonight. YEAH. I am not sure if there are more. I did start puttting them in those drawers. My old drawers were bigger but shorter. I was afraid certain stuff wouldn't fit but there is plenty of room. YEAH IT feels good to get those drawers filled.lol

It's always nice when things actually fit where you want them to instead of being 1/2" too small. I love punches, so just getting those unpacked and put away would get me thinking sb'ing. Hopefully it will all soon come together for you and you'll have it set up the way you want.~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY for stuff fitting

Judy, if you wait for me to clean your scrappy room, it will be 2037 before it gets done

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I'm not sure I'll get my stuff cleaned up by then. Maybe that can be my goal...my 90th birthday wish fulfilled. Yea for 2037! ~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you crack me up, Judy

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 01-05-13 08:00 AM

I am going to join the rest of you and clean up my scrap area, so I can find my stuff! I bought 2 more cubes from Michaels so I can actually put some stuff away! going to an all day scrap next weekend (9am until MN0 I have never done that before.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Sat afternoon dear friends, I am actually going to work on my cards. lol I can't unpack anything else till he gets my drawers done. He is going to do some more today. He is not able to do them fast. They hurt his back after a bit. He is very smart but these overwhelm him when he reads the instructions. lol My daughter is the same way about building these things nowadays. I have offered to help him but he does not want me to do that for some reason. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

Somehow I'm getting the hint that Holly isn't planning on cleaning up my mess for me While you work on your snowman cards, Linda, I'm still working on 2013 calendars for 2 granddaughters. Now I know I really need to go through and get my photos organized, along with everything else that needs the "magic touch". It would make it so much easier to find the pics I want to use for the calendar pages. It didn't help when my pc died in Oct. and I haven't had a chance to get everything set up again. I just need life to slow down a little bit.

Tomorrow night we have our 2nd New Years Eve with our son/family who are visiting from Tahoe. We'll go out to a crab buffet, then come home to play games and toast the "new year" in again at midnight, watching the ball drop on youtube. Then, maybe things will slow down a tad.

Last night we had our 2nd round of opening Christmas presents. My kids went together and got me Set A of 72 Copic Ciao markers! I was so excited...and surprised! That should give me the encouragement I need to get my stuff back in order and get back into scrappy mode!~Judy

I am so glad that you were able to have the holidays with your family. :):) CONGRATS on your new copics. WOW how exciting. I bet you will have so much fun playing with them.
I am glad you will be working on catching up stuff too. I hope you are able to get your stuff cleaned up as soon as you can. I think you are right about Holly. lol I am sorry to hear about your PC. I do hope you get that situation fixed. I hope you are able to get your pics organized the way you would like.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
  • anda11 Said:

It's always nice when things actually fit where you want them to instead of being 1/2" too small. I love punches, so just getting those unpacked and put away would get me thinking sb'ing. Hopefully it will all soon come together for you and you'll have it set up the way you want.~Judy

I love punches too. I always have. They were something we had back in the day lol I always loved them. Still have the old ones too.
last year I started buying Martha borders & fiskars borders that were the long plastic ones. I have a ton of border punches that are the ones we used to get years ago.
I have a metal handle with a base that has a holder for each punch. YOu use the big lever on the metal handle. IT punches any of the old punches with it. It is called the Power punch. It makes it so easy.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY for stuff fitting

Judy, if you wait for me to clean your scrappy room, it will be 2037 before it gets done

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I'm not sure I'll get my stuff cleaned up by then. Maybe that can be my goal...my 90th birthday wish fulfilled. Yea for 2037! ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:

you crack me up, Judy

she cracks me up too..so do you & so does Kim.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:
I am going to join the rest of you and clean up my scrap area, so I can find my stuff! I bought 2 more cubes from Michaels so I can actually put some stuff away! going to an all day scrap next weekend (9am until MN0 I have never done that before.

Might as well join us all. lol I feel weird because I d o not have anything that needs cleaned just unpacked. lol
I hope you get your cubes done & put your stuff away.
YOu will have such a blast at your long crop. They are so much fun!! I am so happy for you.:)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I did actually do something on them. I adhered a bunch of the big ones. I have to do the med ones. I have to make a carrot too.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Judy, congrats on the markers! Bet you will love them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good morning dear friends, This is going to be an awesome day!! I am for sure working on my cards. Now that I started back on them I can't wait to finish them.
I am also very excited about finding & starting next years cards. I am going to check my xmas stamp box if I can find it. lol I posted a link here a couple days ago. I can't wait to start planning & working on it too.:) so today is going to be very scrappy
I forgot to tell all of you that since we have been here Dave has not had one chest pain. :)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Hi Linda! Enjoy your card making! I have made several this week, which is really exciting,,,,I haven't been enjoying them much because of design teams,design teams are fun, but I got tired of always making what THEY wanted me to make,,,,

so I gave them up for now. and I am enjoying making cards again

I am so glad to hear Dave is doing better, with no chest pains!

Have a great weekend, dear friend!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:

I was going to ask if you had them Sheryl? I don't have any yet myself but I do know about them & what they do. Do you love them? what do you use them on?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Linda! Enjoy your card making! I have made several this week, which is really exciting,,,,I haven't been enjoying them much because of design teams,design teams are fun, but I got tired of always making what THEY wanted me to make,,,,

I am going to. I am so glad you have made some more cards for yourself. Your cards deserve to be on a design team. I can see where you are forced to do stuff you do not want to do even if it is something wonderful. I am glad you quit. I am sure you can always go back on them later.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

I am going to. I am so glad you have made some more cards for yourself. Your cards deserve to be on a design team. I can see where you are forced to do stuff you do not want to do even if it is something wonderful. I am glad you quit. I am sure you can always go back on them later.

Honestly, the DTs were fun, but with my arthritis not being treated properly at the time, it was so difficult to keep up with the teams and my responsibilities at home,,what little time without pain I had, I wanted to make cards I ENJOYED,,,something had to go. I didn't even send Christmas cards this year, because I was just unable to make enough to send to everyone.

Fortunately, my arthritis was diagnosed finally and is now being treated,,,,,so I am able to sit and make a card. So for right now, all I want to do is enjoy making cards again,,,,

In the future? Sure, I'd love to do another Design team but for now,,,,I'm just enjoying my free time to make whatever card I want

and Linda, you are always so sweet and complimentary

Here's one of the cards I made this weekend No comments expected, really,,,,I just wanted to share

Happy Birthday, Hannah! By CommaHolly

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • SherylEb Said:

I was going to ask if you had them Sheryl? I don't have any yet myself but I do know about them & what they do. Do you love them? what do you use them on?

I only have a few. I was playing with blending them earlier. I think I would like more. I don't get the no. System to them yet, so Ned to research it before I buy.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

I've learned this much about the Copic numbering system:
The letters are the color families:
B Blue
BV Blue Violet
V Violet
RV Red Violet
R Red
YR Yellow Red
Y Yellow
YG Yellow Green
G Green
BG Blue Green
E Earths
C Cool Grays
N Natural Grays
T Toner Grays
W Warm Grays

The 1st # is Color Saturation. 0-9. Lower numbers are vibrant; higher numbers have more gray.

The 2nd # is Color Brightness. 0-9 Lower numbers are light; higher numbers are dark.

To choose blending colors:
1. Match the color letters, keeping in the color family. (Reds go with reds, not reds with blues )
2. Match the saturation number to keep the tone the same.
3. Choose color brightness #s within 2-3 digits from each other. Use 0,1,2,3s for highlights; 4,5,6s for midtones; and, 7,8,9s for shadows.
4. Using more colors makes for smoother blends and more contrast.
Then, if I want to begin getting adventurous, sites say to try blending colors with different letters, but close to each other on the color wheel, keeping the two numbers similar. We'll have to see if I get that adventurous. Just opening the plastic container is scary enough

You can do a search to find a Copic Color Wheel online.

This is always my problem. I learn the "book work", but am afraid to jump into the "lab work" :>) I'm a better researcher than I am an artist! But my daughter will keep asking me if I've played with them, so I'll have to break them in soon.~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

and I jump right into the labwork LOL

I like my copics,,,,,I think I have about 50 colors,,,,,,and it's good enough for me,,,,,

I do want another yellow though,,,,yr 31 looks good,,,,

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Hey you guys!! How is everyone?!

Holly-that card is beautiful!! I didn't get to send out Christmas cards this year either--ran out of time. I'm taking Judy's great idea and I'm going to send out Valentine's day cards instead

Ooohh Lindaaaaaaaa!! Speaking of cards.......!!?! You know what I'm thinking...!!!

Judy!! A Copic Christmas!! How wonderful!! I can't get the hang of them. I really did try. I'm just not very good at coloring with them. You can always see the lines when I'm done. Even when I use the blender. I'd say practice practice practice and please don't wait until 2037 to share your results

Sheryl-how did your practice session with them go?

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Kim222

It seemed ok. I could blend better than I thought. probably pick up a few more and keep playing before i go whole hog.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SherylEb

Hi Kim! I'm taking Judy's idea and sending out V-day cards too

Made 13 today!

thanks for the card compliment

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Honestly, the DTs were fun, but with my arthritis not being treated properly at the time, it was so difficult to keep up with the teams and my responsibilities at home,,what little time without pain I had, I wanted to make cards I ENJOYED,,,something had to go. I didn't even send Christmas cards this year, because I was just unable to make enough to send to everyone.

Fortunately, my arthritis was diagnosed finally and is now being treated,,,,,so I am able to sit and make a card. So for right now, all I want to do is enjoy making cards again,,,,

In the future? Sure, I'd love to do another Design team but for now,,,,I'm just enjoying my free time to make whatever card I want

and Linda, you are always so sweet and complimentary

Here's one of the cards I made this weekend No comments expected, really,,,,I just wanted to share

Happy Birthday, Hannah! By CommaHolly

oh Holly this is fab. I love everything on the card. especially the lace, pearls, bow, rose, nesties. I left some love. I am so very happy that you have been diagnosed so you can get medicine. I am so glad you are able to make cards again. That is great news about your arthritis. There is plenty of time for you to go back on a team in the future. They are not going away. I bet your daughter loved it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • SherylEb Said:

I only have a few. I was playing with blending them earlier. I think I would like more. I don't get the no. System to them yet, so Ned to research it before I buy.

thus the addiction begins... I don't blame you for studying up before you buy. That is smart.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I've learned this much about the Copic numbering system:
The letters are the color families:
B Blue
BV Blue Violet
V Violet
RV Red Violet
R Red
YR Yellow Red
Y Yellow
YG Yellow Green
G Green
BG Blue Green
E Earths
C Cool Grays
N Natural Grays
T Toner Grays
W Warm Grays

The 1st # is Color Saturation. 0-9. Lower numbers are vibrant; higher numbers have more gray.

The 2nd # is Color Brightness. 0-9 Lower numbers are light; higher numbers are dark.

To choose blending colors:
1. Match the color letters, keeping in the color family. (Reds go with reds, not reds with blues )
2. Match the saturation number to keep the tone the same.
3. Choose color brightness #s within 2-3 digits from each other. Use 0,1,2,3s for highlights; 4,5,6s for midtones; and, 7,8,9s for shadows.
4. Using more colors makes for smoother blends and more contrast.
Then, if I want to begin getting adventurous, sites say to try blending colors with different letters, but close to each other on the color wheel, keeping the two numbers similar. We'll have to see if I get that adventurous. Just opening the plastic container is scary enough

You can do a search to find a Copic Color Wheel online.

This is always my problem. I learn the "book work", but am afraid to jump into the "lab work" :>) I'm a better researcher than I am an artist! But my daughter will keep asking me if I've played with them, so I'll have to break them in soon.~Judy

Thanks for the info Judy. You better start playing.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Hey you guys!! How is everyone?!

Holly-that card is beautiful!! I didn't get to send out Christmas cards this year either--ran out of time. I'm taking Judy's great idea and I'm going to send out Valentine's day cards instead

Ooohh Lindaaaaaaaa!! Speaking of cards.......!!?! You know what I'm thinking...!!!

Judy!! A Copic Christmas!! How wonderful!! I can't get the hang of them. I really did try. I'm just not very good at coloring with them. You can always see the lines when I'm done. Even when I use the blender. I'd say practice practice practice and please don't wait until 2037 to share your results

Sheryl-how did your practice session with them go?

Hello KIm Glad you are here.:) No I have not worked further on mine yet. I do have my valentines done. I think I need to add stickles to hearts & add a heart sticker to the letter. the letter is a story about how my mom & I used to make valerntines & cards when I was a child.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Kim! I'm taking Judy's idea and sending out V-day cards too

Made 13 today!

thanks for the card compliment

YEAH on getting that many done. I just posted that I do have my valentiines done but I need to add stickles & a sticker to the letter. the letter is a story about how my mom & I made valentines & cards when I was a kid.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to anda11

Hi Linda! You work fast if your Valentines are done! I did a bunch of them, but still need to do more!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Linda! You work fast if your Valentines are done! I did a bunch of them, but still need to do more!

no....I have a big secret... I actually made them a few years ago but never finished them. I put them in the top shelf of my card closet where I forgot about them.. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

YEAH.. I just finished adhering my large circles. I have to only adhere the center ones but I may have to do it after I do something else. I have to figure if I need to put the brads in & assemble before adding t he embossed circle.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

after a too-long hiatus from scrapping, I'm heading back to the scrap desk. So far this week I've gotten two mini-albums, a LO, and a card done and I'm about to go make another card. It feels good to be back!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
after a too-long hiatus from scrapping, I'm heading back to the scrap desk. So far this week I've gotten two mini-albums, a LO, and a card done and I'm about to go make another card. It feels good to be back!

welcome back Maria!! It is good you are back!

Congrats on getting so much done! WHOOHOO

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

Thanks, Linda. I was at Walmart today. Ours has next to nothing in the scrap section but old Jolee's embellies, Colorbok cs/pp and albums, and Elmer's adhesive. I was surprises to find a new display...K& Company smash books. I got a wild hair to make my own. I got some of the embellies, though. And some Elmer's 3D glue dots and a Xyron refill.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Thanks, Linda. I was at Walmart today. Ours has next to nothing in the scrap section but old Jolee's embellies, Colorbok cs/pp and albums, and Elmer's adhesive. I was surprises to find a new display...K& Company smash books. I got a wild hair to make my own. I got some of the embellies, though. And some Elmer's 3D glue dots and a Xyron refill.

Hi Maria, I am glad you got some stuff. I like old Jolees. I love new ones too. I think those smash books look so cool. I am glad you are going to make one of your own. THat will be fun. IT is always good to get more adhesives.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to MrsD2008

I have a lot of things I should be doing this weekend, but I'm not. LOL

I need to mop my kitchen and bathroom floors, but technically that can wait until Monday. Since I have cream colored ceramic tile floors, a 13 yr old son, a 12 yr old son, a husband, and an almost 3 yr. old house cat who thinks she's a person, it seems I have to mop atleast 3 days a week and sweep daily.

My DH wanted me to finish the reorganizing of our bedroom this weekend. But theres sooo much stuff to sort through that it will probably be next weekend before I'm done. Normal people do spring cleaning, I do mine in the middle of winter!

One of my DH's distant cousins is supposed to stop by and bring someone with her. Yay!! (Not). I don't like her visits, and even though we haven't seen her in almost 3 years, I'm not into hearing her "poor me" stories about her 2 grandaughters with Asperger's. It's not that I don't sympathize, it's that I don't believe Asperger's should be used as an excuse to be violent, disrespective, destructive, or for acting like a "brat". I feel this way because my 13 yr. old has Asperger's. I understand that he has problems with crowds, loud noises, etc. but he does not get in the floor, kick, scream, hit, or bite someone if he's told "No" about something he wants. I've already been informed that if I say "no" about anything at my house to the GD she's bringing, then the child will hit me, bite me, or break something.

So, I'm going to let my DH handle the visit and I'm going to disappear to my room to finish sorting and organizing my scrapbooking supplies. And hopefully I'll get a couple of LO's finished. That's my goal for this weekend anyways.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good Fri evening dear friends, Lots of great news tonight. I have been searching for vintage images for days. I wasn't able to print them again until 6 mos ago. I kinda forgot....The images are addicting. They are all fabulous Then I noticed lots of the sites are on Pinterest too. They have all their images there in catagories so I realized I could just use them there & not save on my computer. I have been searching for lilac stuff too for a a heritage page for my mom. I found a nice amount of stuff. Then I found an image of a woman or girl dressed as a lilac. lol WHOOO so cute..
Then I found a painting by a french artist of a woman holdiing lilacs. This is glorious. IT was done in the 1800s. I am so happy to find it. I did find some photos of women with lilacs too.
I have been fighting a stomach flu this week. Dh has it too. It has been great fun pinning & image hunting.
My son is bringing us dinner. MY little boy has a birthday today He is an awesome man.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to anda11

I started the weekend with lots of scrapping fun! I got about 7 pages completed-journaled and everything. I went online and ordered a bunch of pictures to begin new scrapping projects. Then I went to SB.com and placed an order of things I will need when those new pictures arrive! I got to use a coupon for my photos, the five dollar discount on SB.com, and a SB gift certificate so I spent less than 10 bucks which was fantastic. Can't wait for my orders to arrive! Happy scrapping everyone!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vintageivy

Flhomeschoolmom's.......I'm actually homeschooling my son as well (just turned 7, grade 2)...lots of fun!
Do you ever watch Parenthood? They have a son on there with Asperger's....I find it so interesting I love that show!

This weekend I'm taking my sister out for her birthday and will be making a birthday card for her tomorrow....anyone have any really great sister type poems for the inside?
I did one LO last weekend and would like to get some more done (I'm so behind!) but I've been organizing my photos and tagging them all in PSE.....taking forever!

Alison

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to kiyawinn

I have done at least four layouts and liked how they turned out. I hope to do some more this weekend. I just might order some supplies from my wishlist on sb.com

Justie

Sjess
Sjess 
New Kid On the Block
Sjess
  • Sjess on 01-18-13 09:04 PM
In response to justartguy007

Hi! I'm new here. Glad to be here.

I am clearing out my scrapbooking area so I can start on a scrapbook job my cousin has hired me to do. I'm making good progress, but still have a lot to get rid of so that I have room to work. Got some great football papers here I am looking forward to receiving.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda~Sounds like you're finding some pretty graphics you can use. Yea!

I print out a lot of my embellishments and have fun blinging them up, but a couple of other ideas that I do:

I buy cheap unruled index cards and print on them for smaller embellies.

I like to print some things three times, then pop-dot them one on top of the other and they look just like some of the expensive embellies you can buy. I often put a topcoat of Glossy Accents on the top layer to make it shine...or liquid pearls, stickles, glitter, embossing...any or all :>) Also I chalk the cut edges so they really stand out.

Have fun. I'm anxious to see what you come up with!~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hi Linda! Hope your son had a happy birthday! Glad you are finding so many awesome images

I was lucky enough to have a play date yesterday with a new friend and all her amazing dies,,,,omgosh, and I thought I had a lot

we stamped and colored and die cut and went out to lunch and just had an amazing time!

Today, I had Michaels and Joanns shopping to do, the dog to take to the vet and grocery shopping to finish,,,,

so I didn't get to use any of the fab die cuts I made, but tomorrow, after I clean up around the house a bit, I'm planning on playing with them!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

PS,,,,,,,

in 2 days I've bought 6 dies! 4 single dies, (2 from Quickutz, 2 from My Favorite Things),,,and 2 sets of spellbinders, Fleur de lis squares and Ribbon Banners,,,,,,squeel,,,,,, ,so much fun to play with!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Friday night is family game night here, so no scrapping last night. I intend to scrap tonight, after work.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Hols! I've missed you! and your little commas, too.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to anda11

This is my 4th weekend in a row of being laid up sick. Had a wedding to go to today, but I fell off a small step ladder (the bolt actually rusted through, come to find out: the hard way I might add) this morning & am now so sore I can barely move so...no plans for me. I'm working on: a LO honoring my Dad, who farmed a small place in S. IL; a page showing my daughter & her best buds thru the years, a Father's Day LO to honor my hubby being an amazing Dad & a 2-page LO re: the bald eagle that we LOVE to go upriver & see how many we can spy.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Holly have fun with your new dies. I just spent the last few hours dying seam binding. I'm finding I use my dyed seam binding so much more than ribbon. I love it so much more than ribbon any more the seam binding seems to look better!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Sneezy1956

I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

I love this post....always read it to see what everyone else is up to on the weekend.

I spent today going through my boys' outgrown clothes...what a chore! Tomorrow we have a lot going on...but Monday I am off from school so that is going to be my scrap day.! Yeah!

Hope everyone gets some scrap time this weekend or week too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to flhomeschoolmom

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I have a lot of things I should be doing this weekend, but I'm not. LOL

I need to mop my kitchen and bathroom floors, but technically that can wait until Monday. Since I have cream colored ceramic tile floors, a 13 yr old son, a 12 yr old son, a husband, and an almost 3 yr. old house cat who thinks she's a person, it seems I have to mop atleast 3 days a week and sweep daily.

My DH wanted me to finish the reorganizing of our bedroom this weekend. But theres sooo much stuff to sort through that it will probably be next weekend before I'm done. Normal people do spring cleaning, I do mine in the middle of winter!

One of my DH's distant cousins is supposed to stop by and bring someone with her. Yay!! (Not). I don't like her visits, and even though we haven't seen her in almost 3 years, I'm not into hearing her "poor me" stories about her 2 grandaughters with Asperger's. It's not that I don't sympathize, it's that I don't believe Asperger's should be used as an excuse to be violent, disrespective, destructive, or for acting like a "brat". I feel this way because my 13 yr. old has Asperger's. I understand that he has problems with crowds, loud noises, etc. but he does not get in the floor, kick, scream, hit, or bite someone if he's told "No" about something he wants. I've already been informed that if I say "no" about anything at my house to the GD she's bringing, then the child will hit me, bite me, or break something.

So, I'm going to let my DH handle the visit and I'm going to disappear to my room to finish sorting and organizing my scrapbooking supplies. And hopefully I'll get a couple of LO's finished. That's my goal for this weekend anyways.

Well, I do hope that you put off cleaning until Mon. I also hope that you do let your hubby deal with the company so you can finish your organizing & sorting:) I hope you are able to scrap a couple pages too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
I started the weekend with lots of scrapping fun! I got about 7 pages completed-journaled and everything. I went online and ordered a bunch of pictures to begin new scrapping projects. Then I went to SB.com and placed an order of things I will need when those new pictures arrive! I got to use a coupon for my photos, the five dollar discount on SB.com, and a SB gift certificate so I spent less than 10 bucks which was fantastic. Can't wait for my orders to arrive! Happy scrapping everyone!

WHOOHOO! yeah on getting 7 pages finished. A bigger YEAH for the picture order. I HUGE YEAH for your scrapbook.com order. I love getting orders in the mail.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Flhomeschoolmom's.......I'm actually homeschooling my son as well (just turned 7, grade 2)...lots of fun!
Do you ever watch Parenthood? They have a son on there with Asperger's....I find it so interesting I love that show!

This weekend I'm taking my sister out for her birthday and will be making a birthday card for her tomorrow....anyone have any really great sister type poems for the inside?
I did one LO last weekend and would like to get some more done (I'm so behind!) but I've been organizing my photos and tagging them all in PSE.....taking forever!

Alison

Hi Alison, We watch Parenthood every week too. WE love it. I am sorry to say that all my info books & binders are still packed. I would try the resources here. I would also google sister poems.
You may have finished this card anyway. Have fun with your sis.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to justartguy007

• justartguy007 Said:
I have done at least four layouts and liked how they turned out. I hope to do some more this weekend. I just might order some supplies from my wishlist on sb.com

Justie

Hey Justie Glad you are here. That is great that you finished 4 layouts & love them I also hope you are able to do more & order here. YEAH

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sjess

• Sjess Said:
Hi! I'm new here. Glad to be here.

I am clearing out my scrapbooking area so I can start on a scrapbook job my cousin has hired me to do. I'm making good progress, but still have a lot to get rid of so that I have room to work. Got some great football papers here I am looking forward to receiving.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

We are so glad that you decided to join us here!

I just read your profile.. If I didn't have my scrapping & my dear wonderful people here, I would be depressed. Scrapping lifts my spirits even during grief. All the people here are so sweet & friendly. They are all so helpful too. I just started working on my heritage pages. There is a heritage challenge here every month. It is great fun. The only rule is you have to have pics from the 60s & before. She always has a suggestion but you do not need to do it. I mean she may say scrap something funny. I just started it. I did 2 months & there is a holiday break. You should think about that.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Linda~Sounds like you're finding some pretty graphics you can use. Yea!

I print out a lot of my embellishments and have fun blinging them up, but a couple of other ideas that I do:

I buy cheap unruled index cards and print on them for smaller embellies.

I like to print some things three times, then pop-dot them one on top of the other and they look just like some of the expensive embellies you can buy. I often put a topcoat of Glossy Accents on the top layer to make it shine...or liquid pearls, stickles, glitter, embossing...any or all :>) Also I chalk the cut edges so they really stand out.

Have fun. I'm anxious to see what you come up with!~Judy

Those are great ideas Judy! I love when it is 3 d. I found some more lilac postcards on ebay. tons. lol some of them were so cool.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
Hi Linda! Hope your son had a happy birthday! Glad you are finding so many awesome images

I was lucky enough to have a play date yesterday with a new friend and all her amazing dies,,,,omgosh, and I thought I had a lot

we stamped and colored and die cut and went out to lunch and just had an amazing time!

Today, I had Michaels and Joanns shopping to do, the dog to take to the vet and grocery shopping to finish,,,,

so I didn't get to use any of the fab die cuts I made, but tomorrow, after I clean up around the house a bit, I'm planning on playing with them!

Holly, I am so glad that you and your friend were able to play and have such fun. I hope that you get all of your errands done too. I hope you found some cool stuff at the stores.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
PS,,,,,,,

in 2 days I've bought 6 dies! 4 single dies, (2 from Quickutz, 2 from My Favorite Things),,,and 2 sets of spellbinders, Fleur de lis squares and Ribbon Banners,,,,,,squeel,,,,,, ,so much fun to play with!

WHOOHOO Holly, I think you are trying to keep up with your friend. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Friday night is family game night here, so no scrapping last night. I intend to scrap tonight, after work.

I am so glad you will be able to scrap >

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to flwrgrl

• flwrgrl Said:
This is my 4th weekend in a row of being laid up sick. Had a wedding to go to today, but I fell off a small step ladder (the bolt actually rusted through, come to find out: the hard way I might add) this morning & am now so sore I can barely move so...no plans for me. I'm working on: a LO honoring my Dad, who farmed a small place in S. IL; a page showing my daughter & her best buds thru the years, a Father's Day LO to honor my hubby being an amazing Dad & a 2-page LO re: the bald eagle that we LOVE to go upriver & see how many we can spy.

I am so deeply sorry that you fell.

I am sorry you have been taking so long to heal. I fell 3 days after we moved in Nov. i was so sore, I couldn't use my hands either. I was not able to go anywhere. I am so glad that you are able to work on pages. That eagle paper is so pretty. Good choice.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Holly have fun with your new dies. I just spent the last few hours dying seam binding. I'm finding I use my dyed seam binding so much more than ribbon. I love it so much more than ribbon any more the seam binding seems to look better!

HI Jane, That sounds like fun. I have seen people list it on their pages. It does look great! I may have to try that someday.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.

I am glad you got some pics done. I hope you have time to do the smash book. Does she like to scrap? I bet she does.

Edited by anda11 on 01-20-13 05:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ScrappinMom4

• ScrappinMom4 Said:
I love this post....always read it to see what everyone else is up to on the weekend.

I spent today going through my boys' outgrown clothes...what a chore! Tomorrow we have a lot going on...but Monday I am off from school so that is going to be my scrap day.! Yeah!

Hope everyone gets some scrap time this weekend or week too.

Hi Rhonda, I am so glad you are here too. IT is always fun to see what is going on. You will feel better after you get the clothes done. Monday isn't very far away

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

So far this weekend I haven't gotten any scrapping done. I got lost in the gallery yesterday It did do me some good though because I found some great ideas for scrapbooking pages that I do not have photos for.

Last night I was sorting through supplies and a black paper and a black and white junk mail card jumped out at me saying "make me into a flower". So I did. Then I began to wonder where on earth I'd ever find a use for black flowers. The more I looked at the flowers, and the more I thought about them, I realized that I had a LO that I had been wondering how to embellish. The flowers were perfect. The LO is "My Not So Sweet Sixteen". It's a birthday LO. Or, well one photo was taken the day before my 16th birthday and another was taken on my 16th birthday. It's not a party LO. I wouldn't call it a happy LO. I've thought about using the pink and blue pregnancy/infant loss ribbons on the LO. But even those do not do justice to what my mood was. The photo taken the day before my birthday fits the darkness of that birthday, its me dressed in all black and holding a rose my grandparents sent to my school (it arrived a day early, so the picture was taken a day early). The other photo is me, in bed, with a very small cake sitting on my bed. I made an attempt at "being silly" for my grandparents sake. But, the day was so "dark" that it was rather late that night before even they realized it was my 16th birthday. I was on forced bed rest, with my feet elevated until surgery the next day. Umm, it's such a dark birthday because I learned that day that the baby I had been carrying for 2 1/2 months was gone....that was 18 years ago today. I might play with that LO today.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Linda you are doing amazing responding to people you are my inspiration!

I hope everyone gets to scrap sometime this weekend its now jsut our creative outlet its what keeps some of us sane Me especially

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Yes, Linda, you are so great at responding to everyone's posts!
I actually did get my card made (below) and we are going out for dinner tonight....should be fun!

Alison

Birthday Card for Sis By Kiyawinn

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

I am glad you got some pics done. I hope you have time to do the smash book. Does she like to scrap? I bet she does.

She loves to scrap. She's like her momma and loves the bling. We spent the early afternoon making puzzles while we wait for the glitter glaze on chipboard letters to dry.

WVScrapThis
New Kid On the Block
WVScrapThis

I picked out the fabric to make a baby quilt and my teen son has decided he wants me to use the Yankee fabric I bought (many months ago) for curtains instead of a blanket.

In organizing our recent Disney Cruise pictures, I realized there are a lot of just me with characters. Debating if I want to make me an album with those pictures. If I put them in our cruise album, it would overwhelm all the other pictures. (I got a little carried away) My DH says to go for it. No reason I can't have my own character album.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just wanted to check in real quick. My dd is visiting. My bff called & asked if we can scrap this week. I am so excited. :)I haven't been out scrapping since Aug. I think. We haven't been together either since then. With our house hunting, moving, her health, the holidays we haven't been able. I have to find my stuff. and my crop bag.
Dave built 2 more drawers today. YEAH
I still have posts to read.

flhomeschoolmom
Guru
flhomeschoolmom
In response to anda11

I'm still sorting scrapping supplies. And I signed up for the flower swap, so after my boys go to bed and my house gets quiet, I've got flowers to make.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Been re-doing the scrap room lately - got rid of the guest bed since we pretty much never have overnight guests, so that's opened a lot of room for me. Having trouble finding a table of the exact dimensions I want for one space - it's easy to find shelves that are 8 inches deep and 48 inches wide, but not 29-30 inches high - and it's easy to find shelves that are 48 inches wide and 29 inches high, but they're all at least 12 inches deep, and usually more.

Also been making plans for an ABC album using pictures from my own childhood.

I made some Christmas tags over the weekend, and did some repairs on a scrapbook I made back in 2002 - the first problem was that I used mostly glue stick back then, so things came off easily (on the bright side, they came off *easily*, without much tearing), and the second was that it isn't just a postbound album, it's the kind where the pages don't have page protectors, they just go right onto the posts - an old Pioneer album, I think - so it was the kind where I was attaching patterned paper directly to the sheets, and a lot of that was coming loose too.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to aquabunny

Oh yes I am working on several LO. I am a new mom to the Cameo so up til 5 am playing and just downed 2 cups of coffee looking to play again til the we hours.
This is my weekend and I have tomorrow to play as well.
So super inspired once again and very productive 10 pages done. That is a record for me.
Looking forward to seeing all that everyone is doing on this thread.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hello dear friends, I haven't worked on anything scrappy. but my bff called me today to meet to crop on weds or thurs.YEAH I couldn't go last week cause I was still sick. I am feeling lots better.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

good friday morning dear friends, We're both feeling sick still & I have only been pinning recipes or vintage images. lol I am happy to say that Dave built more cubes so I only have 4 more. This am, I went through every box & put it in my new cubes. YEAH I still have my stamp boxes to put away but I will need to buy some more plastic drawers.
I hope you all are well. I have not answered everyone yet.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

I hope you're feeling better soon, Linda!
I have been scanning old photos....My mom lent me a whole bunch of her photo albums and I'm going through them.
It is really hilarious looking at all the old pics from the 70s and 80s.....

Alison

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to kiyawinn

I haven't done anything crafty yet...borrowed a laptop from hubby's grandpa so I could do our taxes. I'm planning to do them Monday when L'il Bit is at school. Until then, I'm using it to catch up on anything and everything. It's not easy being on here (and Facebook, and some of my other boards) from my phone.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good evening dear dear friends,
I have fabulous news, I went to Wallmart this morning & bought my table for scrapping. I had to wait to see how much Room I actually had. Now I can actually work on my scrappy stuff. I was working on my computer desk but it doesn't have room to do much. Maybe I can do something. Still not feeling well but am much better. Please do not think I am ignoring your posts.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to anda11

I'm making Valentine cards.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to dotfree

I'm watching, well listening to, "Dance Moms" on Lifetime's website and trying to find some mojo. Hubby's at work, L'il Bit is in the living room watching "Hannah Montana." I wanna scrap, but I need mojo...

Diva

Completed Valentine cards and also finished shopping a swap!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey dear friends, I am still sick. The good thing my stomach part is much better but now I have a sore throat & congestion. Great news..dh buit the rest pd my cubes but I haven't felt good enough to put them where they belong & unpack those boxes. I am so thankful that i found Pinterest because it has been great entertainment for me to pin stuff. lol my vintage image collection is on there & it is growing fast. lol I love having the images n there. I had to catagorize them. lol I sure wish I felt like putting away my stuff but I don't really.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to anda11

I am going to try to get some quick valentine cards made for my DGS. Hopefully this sinus congestion goes away by then!

Diva
In response to prittb

This weekend I am free...I will be going to sarasota, FL to celebrate my Dad's 80's b-day. Maybe some shopping at JoAnn's not sure yet about the shopping!LOL!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Linda—Sorry you're still sick. That's no fun, but then to have a new scrappy room with your cubbies and a table...then not feel like doing anything with it...well, that's just not right! Hope you get over it soon and get back to your scrappy self~Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics