Page 83 of 87 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to gluemore girl

Glue you will have fun at your crop and that is the point.

I am just getting over the stuff that has been going around down here. I have this awful sounding cough but my voice is back. I also wonder what I will accomplish at my crop this weekend. I packed all over the place creative wise. I have a card planned, a Valentine loaded sack, and a black book mark or tag.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

Southgirl, you are absolutely right! When I first started scrapping and going to these weekends 16 yrs ago, I would come home and count pages for DH and sigh if I did not think it was enough. DH would say, "Did you have fun? That's all that counts". I have done anywhere from 4 to 13 pages in a weekend and it's all good. Hope you enjoy your crop!
I do a lot of socializing at these crops, I love to visit people, see their pages, take a class or attend a make and take. My friends call me the "Ambassador"

Got more sketches printed and packed a couple more punches. Today I'll get some cutting done and I am ready!

suebird
Expert
suebird

Checking in after 'my' crop today. Got 2 1/2 layouts done, which is pretty good, considering! I took 2 different pictures of the one involving my father-in-law and husband. Wanted to see how the layout would look with the striped paper turned different ways. Now all I have to do is the journaling. The other 'page and a half' is also looking good (It's for my client and family). Just considering further embellishments.

From what I understand, this lady is going to Creativations next week. I told her I am interested in learning some of the things she picks up.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

I just googled the Creativations and it is a serious crafting conference! Southgirl, glad you got to go to your crop and your client will love what you made for him/her.
I cut out a few things for my pages... nothing too complicated: titles and a few paw print heart images (I'm getting there).... and bagged them up. Checked over the page kits and the coordinating photos. I'm packed for the crop, now to pack clothing.

Edited by gluemore girl on 01-14-18 04:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Glue, I seem to remember reading about CHA on the site. They changed names about a year ago. Too bad they don't have something like that where 'we the crafters' can attend.

So far I've done a few stars, using a stencil and the BoBunny Glitter paste on the one page I am working on. Want to put 'Leaving a Sparkle' but......don't know how I am going to do it. No, I don't have a Cricut, or any such thing, so that is out. Maybe change saying to 'I leave a sparkle', and use stamps?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

the last couple days started to get a migraine & it hurt to read everything thankfully it never came I will read all these wonderful posts the card looks fabulous I have not put in the strips that hold stuff cause she said we could have as many as we want I started cutting guitars last night I am going to cut more guitars & music stuff next

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I am tired of cutting these so I will scan all my guitar & music dies into my cameo I love my cameo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

stupid me forgot that I have different guitars & music notes already in my cameo I bought them when t hey were half price

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Sue, Yeah those technique classes look fun. I'm taking a CTMH class at the crop which seems weird b/c I already use them but I want to get the hang of putting LOTs of photos onto a LO. I do a lot of pics at different events: Christmas, scrap weekends, etc so want to see how I can use these 4, 2-page LO's I'm making. I have a few star punches and glitter paper if you'd like, I can punch and mail them out to you. PM me if you do. Is "Leaving a Sparkle" a title?

Linda, Glad your migraine never showed but be careful to keep it at bay. I do that a lot too... look for something or make something just to realize I already have it, lol.
Loving my cameo too!
I have used it several times this weekend and again yesterday to cut out titles and images. I plan to use most of them with my LO's next weekend. I put them in little sandwich baggies and just need to remember to use them, lol.

Happy Monday!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Sue, Yeah those technique classes look fun. I'm taking a CTMH class at the crop which seems weird b/c I already use them but I want to get the hang of putting LOTs of photos onto a LO. I do a lot of pics at different events: Christmas, scrap weekends, etc so want to see how I can use these 4, 2-page LO's I'm making. I have a few star punches and glitter paper if you'd like, I can punch and mail them out to you. PM me if you do. Is "Leaving a Sparkle" a title?

Linda, Glad your migraine never showed but be careful to keep it at bay. I do that a lot too... look for something or make something just to realize I already have it, lol.
Loving my cameo too!
I have used it several times this weekend and again yesterday to cut out titles and images. I plan to use most of them with my LO's next weekend. I put them in little sandwich baggies and just need to remember to use them, lol.

Happy Monday!

silly me my mats are getting bad it messed the first 4 up so I put new paper half way up with that blue painters tape & it cut 4 new that are bigger which I love but they look funky
for years when I made page kits for crops I would pre cut the titles & dies on my big shot & put in a baggie next to the page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I like part of his card but part I am not sure about the rest when I was in the birthday drawer I found these cute doodlebug boy & girl papers that I started I put one of his birthdays on it so I am going to finish that next

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Morning....I think. We got about 5 or more inches of the white junk from Sunday to yesterday. Yick. The stuff might melt by this weekend, as the temps 'may' hit the 40's....again. By next Monday? Dropping to the 30's.

I hope the weather straightens out some, as it looks like I am heading back to work sometime this week. Scrapping got put on a side burner for now, as I spent a good chunk of yesterday rearranging what all I need to do before work starts again.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

here is the outside of my card

Davids bd box card outside By Anda11

here is the inside

Davids bd box card inside By Anda11

Edited by anda11 on 01-16-18 07:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Morning....I think. We got about 5 or more inches of the white junk from Sunday to yesterday. Yick. The stuff might melt by this weekend, as the temps 'may' hit the 40's....again. By next Monday? Dropping to the 30's.

I hope the weather straightens out some, as it looks like I am heading back to work sometime this week. Scrapping got put on a side burner for now, as I spent a good chunk of yesterday rearranging what all I need to do before work starts again.

I am so sorry that you have to go back to work in below below frigid tempatures I sure hope it gets better for you

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Anda, looks like we are going to have 40's over the weekend. Then again, the weather report changes depending on who is reporting when.

I swear I got nothing done this time around. Can I blame the deep freeze?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Anda, looks like we are going to have 40's over the weekend. Then again, the weather report changes depending on who is reporting when.

I swear I got nothing done this time around. Can I blame the deep freeze?

That is great you will have 40s this weekend I sure hope that it is true I would blame the deep freeze too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back to a chucky birthday for my son in kindergarten that I started before the card

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Suebird, Sorry you had to put scrapping aside but glad it is back to work too. Hope your weather warms up enough too.
We got some snow yesterday which stuck in a few places but then it got cold so it all got frozen a bit. DH hurt his back so I shoveled the walk ways and now my neck is out. Wearing a brace today so hoping it settles down by tomorrow.

Linda, Love that box card! It is gorgeous! Really beautiful work.
The Chucky LO sounds cute.

Well I did not pack clothes last night... too tired. Then planned to get up early but an allergy attack at 2 AM told me otherwise.
My friend worked late last night too so we won't be leaving til later morning. I'm really hoping I can get my neck to calm down. I'll take some anti-inflammatories and hope for the best.
Scrap stuff is packed though so cross fingers!

Have a great weekend!

suebird
Expert
suebird

Glue, have a good time! I'll be thinking of you as I head off to work tomorrow.

Yes, you all read that right: my client is coming back home! Thus, back to the early morning wake up calls. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a little lighter in the morning....

Have a few things to do today, some involving laundry. Seeing it's 7:30 a.m., am postponing things a bit. Have a great day, all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I am still adhering the lo

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

At the crop! Got 2 LO's done and made another 2 page LO in a class. I am hoping to get lots more done today and tomorrow. Having a great time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

thankfully I went through all of davids chuck E parties I have 4 with pics but one is only one pic so I try to find those later I noticed 1 from the lo I am working on I have plenty of room

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Hi Linda, hope you find your pictures for the LO. I did about 10 LO's with pictures and 10 more that I did in a LO class and a CTMH flip flap class. I will decorate and add pictures to those in the week ahead. I did not do my Mom's rooftop page yet... need to contemplate more. Had a wonderful time.
To see the LO's, click on my gallery... forgot again how to show them here.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Well, I returned to work, and hit the floor running....sorta! I worked 9 hour days Friday through Sunday; am off today, then work tomorrow through Friday. The good thing is I start later than usual.

Of course, I have to do laundry today, after doing errands. Am hoping to get some scrapping done, also. We'll see.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

Have this week off and am somewhat stranded as DH needs my car b/c his is in the shop. I'll have to rent a car for next week when I go back to work. It does force me to get things accomplished. Yesterday it was the bills and budget, made a bunch of calls, got the hot water fixed and took the dog for a walk. Today is icky and rainy and have a presentation to make for Thursday so I'll work on that. Tomorrow I'm going scrapping at my friend's for a while since we all have it off. I chose pictures to put into the flip flap pages I made.

Suebird, Hope you got to play with paper a little. I have a few cards to make today so that will be it all I have time for despite being off.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

just checking this Tues morning my dear sweet freinds
I went to my HD dr yesterday. my therapy dr had me walk & walk & walk so much I was exhausted when I got home so I went to bed & slept & slept I have a valentine to make my son
I hope to finish his bd lo
i also thought that when i make the sewing pages to use embroidery thread for the title

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just remembered a valentine letter I started yrs ago about my beautiful mom & I making valentines when I was a kid to include with the valentines but thankfully it got lost cause I hated the ones I was making I have all of her valentines out so I am using them then I am going to do a lo about her collecting them for yrs & put some on the page

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, that sounds like a wonderful project to honor your Mom.
Can you remind me how to post a LO in a thread? I want to add mine to the Heritage challenge thread.

Made a sympathy card last night and going to my friend's later today to scrap. Bringing my flip flap pages and some photos. Hoping the pages work for the photos I want to include. That's always a challenge with pre-made pages.

Edited by gluemore girl on 01-24-18 05:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda, that sounds like a wonderful project to honor your Mom.
Can you remind me how to post a LO in a thread? I want to add mine to the Heritage challenge thread.

Made a sympathy card last night and going to my friend's later today to scrap. Bringing my flip flap pages and some photos. Hoping the pages work for the photos I want to include. That's always a challenge with pre-made pages.

I know what you mean about fitting photos to pre made pages I have 2 sympathy cards to make too
it is easy to add you lo to the thread
go to your page in your gallery on the right half way down is a button that says link..press that..up pops a box with 2 boxes to check on the left..choose for bulletin boards up pops another box that has a addy in it so copy ith control c from the left to the right
then go to the post and paste control v then your page is there

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I don't I can do anything else cause mom had fun heart wrapping paper & big white dolys. lots of heart doilys too (she loved the doilys I also have red foil paper I hope I have enough red cardstock for this I also have a valentine she made me I have one that I made my great aunt

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

I have been sick for a month and have done nothing. I had in mind to do some Valentines (got new paper) and there it sits. This stuff cam't last much longer. I had the "brilliant" idea of making some cloth yoyo's. I looked all over for my yoyo maker and couldn't find it. Then I remember that I had given them to a friend so I ordered one from Amazon. Sick me didn't click on the right one and I got the one that makes flowers. Finally got it, now I have to buy some fabric.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

Linda, Thanks for the instructions and I'll try after this post. Sounds like you are enjoying making the Valentine page. I know you'll make it work beautifully. So fun to relive that memory too.

Southgirl, So sorry you've been sick! Okay, cloth yoyos? I gotta see this. You are like a MacGyver! Hope you are finally over this and can back to your crafty self.

Went to my friend's house and we had a lovely time. There were 3 of us. I spent the evening filling 3 of my 2 page flip flap LO's with pics of DD's senior year activities and finally with her graduation. I may see if I can fit her party pictures onto the last 2 page. I will embellish the pages once I get the pictures in.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I have been sick for a month and have done nothing. I had in mind to do some Valentines (got new paper) and there it sits. This stuff cam't last much longer. I had the "brilliant" idea of making some cloth yoyo's. I looked all over for my yoyo maker and couldn't find it. Then I remember that I had given them to a friend so I ordered one from Amazon. Sick me didn't click on the right one and I got the one that makes flowers. Finally got it, now I have to buy some fabric.

hon, chloth yo yos are so easy to do by hand without a makerm:) it is a quilting technique my mom & grandma used to make them & I did too there are tutorials on pinterest I will go find one for you now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • southgirl Said:

hon, chloth yo yos are so easy to do by hand without a makerm:) it is a quilting technique my mom & grandma used to make them & I did too there are tutorials on pinterest I will go find one for you now

II just sent you thr instuctionns in you pm hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda, Thanks for the instructions and I'll try after this post. Sounds like you are enjoying making the Valentine page. I know you'll make it work beautifully. So fun to relive that memory too.

Southgirl, So sorry you've been sick! Okay, cloth yoyos? I gotta see this. You are like a MacGyver! Hope you are finally over this and can back to your crafty self.

Went to my friend's house and we had a lovely time. There were 3 of us. I spent the evening filling 3 of my 2 page flip flap LO's with pics of DD's senior year activities and finally with her graduation. I may see if I can fit her party pictures onto the last 2 page. I will embellish the pages once I get the pictures in.

that sound like you had a great time with your friends I bet your dd will love the pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:

I am deeply sorry that you have been sick for so long

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Once a year I get sick, I usually get over it in a few days. Getting old I guess. Thanks for the tutorial Anda. Mama and I made them that way back in the 60's, but Mama was a perfectionist and wanted me to IRON the thing flat. This way I can without ironing...lol I don't even know where my iron is.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to southgirl

I am back!

We had some pretty crappy weather the other day: black ice. Multiple spinouts/accidents all over. I-80 was a parking lot, and was actually referred to as a demolition derby. The road was literally stopped from Rt. 47 clear the heck East. I went in 2 hours later after roads got salted. Surprisingly, our county was the worst hit. Roads south of us were great.

Given my schedule, haven't done any scrapping or finished anything. It 'will' get done, though.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

Started cleaning up my scrap space last night so I could see the table's surface and decided that an overhaul is necessary. My shelves were organized but then things get added into nooks and crannies or precariously placed and once again... a mess.
Somehow hurt my ankle and will have to baby it today. It's finally going to be warm today and I've been walking in the cold and rain all week

Linda, Thanks for reminding me how to post LO's in a thread. I should write it down. Thanks for the love you left on my heritage LO's. So happy your DS is coming home

Southgirl, Now I have to check out these yo-yos on Pinterest. You really inspire me.

Suebird, Sounds like you are back at it and hope your client is doing well. Did you ever give him the LO you made for him?
EEEk on the ice. Stay safe.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Hey, Glue....take it easy with the ankle.

No, haven't finished the one lo yet. Still stuck on the title/wording. *Sigh*

Remember, we are in January, and still have to deal with February.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

Was going to keep cleaning last night and ended up working on my parent's wedding page. Swapped out different papers than what I started with and pulled out some embellishments. I will finish today and then clean up. I really do need to re-organize and re-arrange this space.

Suebird, I punched out some glitter paper stars. How many are you looking for? Go ahead and pm me and I'll get them in the mail to you this week. My ankle was not bad yesterday. I have a chronic partial tear of my posterior tibial tendon. DH and I took the dog for a 30 min walk on a track and it felt fine. Crossing fingers it does not give me a problem at work this week.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am excited I didn't see EP thats my boy till it was almost gone I luckily found it 50 off so I bought 2 it has game controllers & other cool stuff

suebird
Expert
suebird

• gluemore girl Said:
Was going to keep cleaning last night and ended up working on my parent's wedding page. Swapped out different papers than what I started with and pulled out some embellishments. I will finish today and then clean up. I really do need to re-organize and re-arrange this space.

Suebird, I punched out some glitter paper stars. How many are you looking for? Go ahead and pm me and I'll get them in the mail to you this week. My ankle was not bad yesterday. I have a chronic partial tear of my posterior tibial tendon. DH and I took the dog for a 30 min walk on a track and it felt fine. Crossing fingers it does not give me a problem at work this week.

Thanks, Glue! I will pm you shortly; in fact, before I head off to bed. My left ankle gives me grief at times, 20 years after a 'nice' sprain.

All I am sure of is I work tomorrow, off Tuesday, and head to a clinic appointment Wednesday. Will know more tomorrow.

All I did today was putter around. Yesterday, we delivered 2 sun conure chicks to their foster parents.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I really never actually started the valeentines pages cause my table is full of valentines so I am going to do that

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Back to work today after 10 days off... EEEkk! Hope I remember what to do! Got another LO done last night while DH had the guys over. I holed up in my corner and scrapped and watched Bad Moms.

Suebird, got your PM and will mail them out later this week.

Linda, great deal on the EP paper!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Have you ever found a paper line and just fell in love with it? I found 2 pads of Authentique at Tuesday Morning and went gaga over it. One a seaside and one Valentine.

A friend took me to her house and showed me some black paper that had been heat embossed in black too. She gave me a few sheets and this morning I colored them with metallic gel pens. Goodness they are pretty. If I can I will take a few pictures and hunt up the name of this pad. Spectrum Noir makes them.

Here it is it is Colorista paper pad and metallic gel pens are what I used.

Spectrum Noir Colorista By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 01-29-18 12:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

that is gorgeous hon I can why you would fall in love with it
I am actually doing the 2 sympathy cards that have been sitting here

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I signed up for Randas camp for abused & battered kids where they give cards to the kids I pulled out those birthday pages I had & i am cutting them apart

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Southgirl, that is beautiful! You heat emboss an image and color it in? The effect is amazing. Nice!

Linda, I've got V-day cards to make for my patients to give to their significant others. I need to try to get about 50 done by then. Cross fingers I get it done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Hey Maria I had to order some white cardstock to make my valentines when that come in I will start them in the meantime I am making those cards for the camp

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am kinda excited my son had to put a new engine in his car so he is buying a new car so he gave Dave his old one dave wrecked his car & so david had 2 cars & let dave drive one w during the time dave had his major surgery..the dr said he would be mentally confused for a year. we couldn't get him to not drive he wrecked davids car so david would not replace it rightly so so our daughter takes us places & my son pays for uber since he moved but my dd is always extremely late no matter what.. this makes Dave feel heart stressed often Dave is back to normal thankfully I am not allowed to drive plus our dd car is a mess & she forgets stuff so I used to mail cards I sent myself I did that last night our mailbox is so tiny here. I will be able to go to HL and mikchaels

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my son is coming over tonight for his birthday dinner & presents & cards

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Glue you can heat emboss the paper but the pad she had was already heat embossed.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I am so glad I checked..moms doilys were too big for my envelopes I had . I just ordered the envies

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so glad that I ordered 3 cameo mats I was looking in my cameo I have such cute halloween files already I also have a candy corn background I have bear halloween stuff I have a ton on my pin board too
I found Davids 1st trick or treat with ang.. I have a cut file that says too cute to spook with candy corn bear

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

No scrapping this week. Just too tired by the end of the day to do much. The weekend is calling me and I'll greet it with open arms. I want to start the Valentines this weekend if I'm going to get them done at all. It's just a matter starting!
I did stamp some sentiments for the cards.. so did make an attempt.

Linda thanks for the PM about the Cameo mats. Hope you had fun with your son.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Back to work today after 10 days off... EEEkk! Hope I remember what to do! Got another LO done last night while DH had the guys over. I holed up in my corner and scrapped and watched Bad Moms.

Suebird, got your PM and will mail them out later this week.

Linda, great deal on the EP paper!

I sure hope that you do Maria

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
No scrapping this week. Just too tired by the end of the day to do much. The weekend is calling me and I'll greet it with open arms. I want to start the Valentines this weekend if I'm going to get them done at all. It's just a matter starting!
I did stamp some sentiments for the cards.. so did make an attempt.

Linda thanks for the PM about the Cameo mats. Hope you had fun with your son.

Don't feel bad if you do not feel like doing anything
my son is sick & I hope he does not get that terrible flu that is going around. he did eat one night he loved his gifts
he had a couldn't figure it out so I said it is a box he really loved it all I told him it was great fun to make & he was surprised. he said it was ingenious & wonderful

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my table is clean so I have my son bd pages out again I have some of it adhered

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Still haven't cleaned off my table. Today is catch up on grown up stuff and tomorrow we'll be with both the kids. The kids both have bdays this month so tomorrow we'll celebrate DD's so we'll have photos but no scrapping, lol. I'll start the Valentines on Sunday.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Still haven't cleaned off my table. Today is catch up on grown up stuff and tomorrow we'll be with both the kids. The kids both have bdays this month so tomorrow we'll celebrate DD's so we'll have photos but no scrapping, lol. I'll start the Valentines on Sunday.

Have an wonderful time at your kids birthday

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am even more excited I went to Jo anns today. had a blast after I picked up my order of mats..I shopped for awhile then we drove thru for food I hadn't been to a jos for a long long time
I sewed so it was one of my fav place like going in a scrap store now It is not too far away. Hob lob & mikes are 4 miles aways & since the lss that was 3 miles aways closed.. my friend & went to both Mikes & hobby lobby to crop in their classroom which was free. I did go to Jos anext to Archivers too
I got some card tock & some adhesive. I still have to wait for the white cardstock before I can make my valentines

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got my table cleaned off again thankfully I am doing my son with his snoopy halloween pics I found the clip art I want. I found a heart background that I am going to use Then i am going to cut a few snoopys then see what else I want on it wish me luck I am still waiting for the white paper for the valentines

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

of course I am switching I have been organizing some paper There is something I want to do next..my wedding is making it hard to get into my one drawer. I want to finish my neice that I started... moms peach page.. kids bathtime.... the heritage one rose lawn farm

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

I am turning my space inside out. It's time for an organization project again. Too bad I did not do it on my week off.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
I am turning my space inside out. It's time for an organization project again. Too bad I did not do it on my week off.

do not feel bad you could only do what you wanted to

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in dear friends I still am waiting on the paper for the valentine cards I am not worried cause I do not mind when they go out this month I am now going to finish those pages I talked about that are taking up my drawer space our wedding day is 1st

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

i have my wedding day out

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been doing the journaling in purple gel pen

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Just popping in for a few moments to let you know I am still around. The past week was a little wild; hours were all over the board. I am off next weekend, and end up working the next two. Doesn't bother me at all!

Hopefully, I will download a copy of one lo I did. Of course, also have to do grocery shopping and laundry, but have to wait until Da Moose does some work on the sink drain in the bathroom.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Just popping in for a few moments to let you know I am still around. The past week was a little wild; hours were all over the board. I am off next weekend, and end up working the next two. Doesn't bother me at all!

Hopefully, I will download a copy of one lo I did. Of course, also have to do grocery shopping and laundry, but have to wait until Da Moose does some work on the sink drain in the bathroom.

I am so glad that you are checking in Sue
you have so many things to do.. do not feel bad if you don't post the lo when you have more time

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back to my wedding pages

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Whirlwind weekend. Saw the kids on Saturday, DD came home for the night and then yesterday did housework, walked the dog and tore my space apart. The main shelving is reorganized but the other section, including photos, needs work. I ordered wheels for my iris cart since one broke over a year ago and I need the cart to be mobile for better access.
DH and I ordered take out to eat during the Super Bowl and I started my Valentine cards. Got about 6 done.

Linda, can't wait to see your wedding LO.
Sue, I am mailing out those stars to you this morning. I don't mind working weekends. I would rather have a day off during the week to get things done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Whirlwind weekend. Saw the kids on Saturday, DD came home for the night and then yesterday did housework, walked the dog and tore my space apart. The main shelving is reorganized but the other section, including photos, needs work. I ordered wheels for my iris cart since one broke over a year ago and I need the cart to be mobile for better access.
DH and I ordered take out to eat during the Super Bowl and I started my Valentine cards. Got about 6 done.

Linda, can't wait to see your wedding LO.
Sue, I am mailing out those stars to you this morning. I don't mind working weekends. I would rather have a day off during the week to get things done.

I am so glad that you got to see your kids it is great that your dd worked on your space it takes a long time to do that
my beautiful wedding pages curl up & is making things like ribbon with pearls start to come off so last night I thought I would adhere them to some kind of cardboard maybe. I switched again
I am worried about Dave a bit.. he is feeling very very tired for days but no congestion at all no fever. he hadd the flu shot David came over & told him he should go to the hospital . maybe he just to be safe

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

he has a dr appt tomorrow anyway

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just found my adorable snowman card that I am going to use next year I am so glad I found it I love snowmen & I do snowmen cards some years

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Long work day but I forced myself to work on Valentine cards. I started 3 more but not loving them so I'll work on them tonight.
I have my crop night on Friday so will work on them then.

Linda, Hope your DH feels better.
Snowmen are adorable. They just make me smile! Btw, Silhouette has a free font this week. I've never seen them give away a font and it's pretty too.

New Kid On the Block

Okay, I have a really specific question for all of you:
I want to use the Cricut cartridge "From me to you" to make Eos lipbalm holders for Valentine's day, with the owl on page 43. There's no instructions other than the recommended height start at 3.5". Any idea on size recommendation?
Thanks for any help!

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to nd_randall

Sorry, ND, I am clueless about that. There is a forum for cricut questions on this board if that helps. Hope you get it figured out.

Supposed to get yucky weather today. I have to go into work but will probably go home when it's messy. Not looking forward to that.

Did a few more Valentines last night and then went on Pinterest for more ideas. I'm having fun with this. It's been a long time since I've made cards.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

nd, did you try Youtube? That's where I go when i get stumped.

I am almost in a panic, My monthly crop is almost here and I have no idea what to do. Maybe make valentines cards? I need to stat the "Book of Me" but that would involve making copies of pictures and I am not in the mood for that. lol I could take my yoyo maker and sit and sew. Sigh, what to do, what to do....

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in dear friends
Dave fell in the driveway yesterday :(he wrapped it up & he has been using it a bit. I have the xmas where David wanted & got a Mario brothers I have his list to santa. I have the photos & the instution books. I had saved on my pinterest lots of different mario stuff one is Mario is holding a xmas present Mario is putting the star on the xmas tree & other cool Mario clip art & stuff. I can't wait to do that on my Cameo
I a m waiting on my envelope order to start my cards that will be tomorrow

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Southgirl, Hope the inspiration for what to do comes soon for you. I am into the Valentines.

Linda, Sorry about your DH. Did he hurt his wrist? The Mario bros sounds cute.

Made a few more Valentines last night plus a get well and a sympathy card. My monthly crop night is this week so I'll bring all the Valentine stuff. I may only need one tote bag!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Southgirl, Hope the inspiration for what to do comes soon for you. I am into the Valentines.

Linda, Sorry about your DH. Did he hurt his wrist? The Mario bros sounds cute.

Made a few more Valentines last night plus a get well and a sympathy card. My monthly crop night is this week so I'll bring all the Valentine stuff. I may only need one tote bag!

he did hurt it a bit . he has it wrapped up with tape but he is able to use it
I am going to start my valentines next

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Long work day but I forced myself to work on Valentine cards. I started 3 more but not loving them so I'll work on them tonight.
I have my crop night on Friday so will work on them then.

Linda, Hope your DH feels better.
Snowmen are adorable. They just make me smile! Btw, Silhouette has a free font this week. I've never seen them give away a font and it's pretty too.

I always love sending snowmen for my cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• nd_randall Said:
Okay, I have a really specific question for all of you:
I want to use the Cricut cartridge "From me to you" to make Eos lipbalm holders for Valentine's day, with the owl on page 43. There's no instructions other than the recommended height start at 3.5". Any idea on size recommendation?
Thanks for any help!

Hey Nicole I am so glad you did join us
I have the Cameo but I know lots of people here have a cricut I will start a new post asking here

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

hey Nicole, I just posted what you need about your cricut help in a seperate post in this section

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am actually doing my valentines so glad to get these bigger envies

New Kid On the Block
In response to anda11

Thanks for the help regarding cricut. I took measurements of the tiny photo in book, made a ratio and came up with the recommended size anyway. A very geeky way of saying, "I got it!" (I just thought it would be too small, honestly.) Those Valentines are done, yay!

About a foot of snow for us - nope, school was not cancelled, and I really questioned whether my life was worth 14.00 an hour. . . next time I won't go in. Three multiple car accidents, on my 20 mile route to school - scary stuff.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• nd_randall Said:
Thanks for the help regarding cricut. I took measurements of the tiny photo in book, made a ratio and came up with the recommended size anyway. A very geeky way of saying, "I got it!" (I just thought it would be too small, honestly.) Those Valentines are done, yay!

About a foot of snow for us - nope, school was not cancelled, and I really questioned whether my life was worth 14.00 an hour. . . next time I won't go in. Three multiple car accidents, on my 20 mile route to school - scary stuff.

I am so glad that you finished your valentines Nicole
that is terrible that your foot of snow caused so much heartache.
3 accidents in your 20 miles to work. They should have closed school
you are right.. your job is not worth your precious life. I can see why you were so scared

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Morning and TGIF!
Did not do any cards last night. I vegged out and watched a movie and ate take out.
Today I have a few things to do and then tonight is crop night. I want to bring the cards in Monday so the patients can start picking and choosing. I'm trying to make a variety.

Linda, glad you got your envies to make your Valentines!

Nicole, I'm no help with a circuit, sorry but glad you figured it out. We close school here in CT when snow is predicted, lol.
It is crazy to keep schools open when traveling is treacherous.

Southgirl, did you figure out what you are doing at your crop?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Morning and TGIF!
Did not do any cards last night. I vegged out and watched a movie and ate take out.
Today I have a few things to do and then tonight is crop night. I want to bring the cards in Monday so the patients can start picking and choosing. I'm trying to make a variety.

Linda, glad you got your envies to make your Valentines!

Nicole, I'm no help with a circuit, sorry but glad you figured it out. We close school here in CT when snow is predicted, lol.
It is crazy to keep schools open when traveling is treacherous.

Southgirl, did you figure out what you are doing at your crop?

you deserve a break hon
I am so excited that you have a crop tonight have a blast when you go It is very nice that you are making valentines for your patients I am sure they will feel the love you put in when making them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back :)I am still doing my valentines

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am feeling fried I have so many valentines sitting here I have not even made 1 card yet I see beautiful ones I could use on other pages so maybe I will use the books & see how those go . wish me luck

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

I colored with metallic pencils. Made a birthday card. I am going to try the twisted card. Again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPrvxgXsyu8&a mp;list=WL...
and one of the gals wanted to play with my Julia Nutting stamps so I think I can "Git 'er done"
Julie Nutting Mermaid and Friend By Southgirl

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to southgirl

Yes, I am still here. We got another Mega Dump. It's snowed pretty much since this past Monday. I ended up calling off yesterday, as we got the majority of the snow Thursday night to Friday morning. More is due tonight through noon tomorrow. From what I understand, my clients' neigbourhood is pretty well snowed in, also. Wonder how things will be Monday morning.

Glue, got the stuff yesterday. Thank you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I colored with metallic pencils. Made a birthday card. I am going to try the twisted card. Again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPrvxgXsyu8&a mp;list=WL...
and one of the gals wanted to play with my Julia Nutting stamps so I think I can "Git 'er done"
Julie Nutting Mermaid and Friend By Southgirl

thanks for the you tube tutorial hon I just left love on these gorgeous things

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Yes, I am still here. We got another Mega Dump. It's snowed pretty much since this past Monday. I ended up calling off yesterday, as we got the majority of the snow Thursday night to Friday morning. More is due tonight through noon tomorrow. From what I understand, my clients' neigbourhood is pretty well snowed in, also. Wonder how things will be Monday morning.

Glue, got the stuff yesterday. Thank you!

I am so sorry that you got a huge mega dump of snow
I do hope that you will be safe and sound when you are able to go out

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

guess what I am doing? I found a golf card for Dave & one with playing cards for David so I am starting there

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Had fun at the crop. I stayed up way too late though. One of the ladies came late and that gave us all a 2nd wind.
I got several more cards made and yesterday decided to go crazy on my space. Purged quite a few things. My friend is coming over today to scrap so I plan to finish up this morning before she comes this afternoon. I will still be working on cards today. I'd like to get another 15 to 20 done.

Suebird, Yikes on all the snow! We had a snow to freezing rain that turned into solid ice this past week but now the rain is washing it away.

Southgirl, Those images are gorgeous!

Linda, Are you making David a LO or a card with the cards you got>?

Have a good day!

suebird
Expert
suebird

Well, at least another 2 inches of the white stuff. We had the freak Blizzard of 2011, the Dump of late January/early February of 2015, and now this. I vaguely remember the Blizzard of 1967.

Glue, the roads were pretty bad last week. I was doing 30 at best one day. Yes, there were fools who, after roads looked a bit better, decided to go flying by. Guess they forgot how to drive in this type of weather.

Our dog has gone goofy. He's a 13 inch beagle, and the snow is over his back a bit. He decided he's going to 'run' in the snow....or is that 'hop'? Had fun doing it, too.

Page 83 of 87 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics