Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been spending time going thru pictures & boxes I I threw a whole box full away I also went through the box I had stored

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still sorting boxes of pictures

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am relabeling my photo boxes now and still sorting

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, You have been doing what I started doing a few weeks ago. I am really trying to organize and pare down so I'm not searching for pictures that I know I want to scrap but can't find. I've had to stop now that I started my new class.

Tonight is my crop night and still have page kits to work on.
I'll be working on a Family page and DS's graduation from HS.
It'll be 3 years since, so it's time, lol.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to gluemore girl

Got the family page done and a page about my pretty cat as I was inspired by the paper I had for it. Also assembled a CTMH page kit I bought that was scrapbook themed. Did not choose pictures for it though. Had a blast with the girls. We celebrated the birthdays of 2 of the ladies and laughed til the tears ran down our legs . It was so much fun.
Hope everyone is well.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I went shopping Friday to find some markers that were flesh toned. (I had some Crayola markers that had different tones but could not find them or maybe I had tossed them...). I went to Michaels and bought some Spectrum Noir (with a coupon but still costly). I went to Hobby Lobby and found some Tombow markers (with a coupon). I tried them both and the Spectrum Noir did blend MUCH better than the Tombow. I have been avoiding all markers as I could not get even coloring. Yes, I tried blending pens and they were "Meh" at best. Is Copic any better

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

I don't know anything about the markers though I have heard that spectrum noir and copic are comparable. I've never had the patience to color in any images. I took a class on pencil blending but don't remember much about it.

Got a LO mostly completed last night. It was a page kit I'd started for January. I will need to make up some more kits as I'll be going to two different 12 hour crops next month. The page kits really help me to be more productive.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Blah! It's Wednesday, and I have hit the skids. My Get Up and Go has Got Up and Went.

Will attempt to scrap this weekend....after I get taxes done, etc.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

What is this "Get up and go" you speak of? I think I remember when I had a bit of it.

I have been having computer problems. So I can't post pictures til I can find out what is wrong. I went to my crop last weekend and got a few things done. I did find my Crayola markers. but they have dried out.

I saw a picture of a Scan N Cut image that had been drawn by the Scan N Cut ( had not used this function) and then someone had colored them in with copics. I tried it and it works great.

Edited by southgirl on 03-16-18 03:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am deeply sorry that I have been feeling bad for days this happens sometimes with my meds my son came home which was great Dave had a place on his face that ended up being cancer so they removed it. he has to check back to make sure it is gone. I hope that it is gone.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I did force my self to work on a page about dad & his business in 1950. I have a nice big photo & a vendors license & business card. The photo was taken for this business

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I only recently saw that adorable snowman card that I am going to use on Pinterest she has tons of cute cute stuff..snowmen & everything I signed up for her email list& they had most everything 1. I got different cards & envelopes Easter, more snowmen & basketball & baseball which are cute if that camp is gone. i want to make cards for sick kids

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Anda, make sure Dave uses sunscreen and wears a hat!

Southgirl, not really sure about the Get Up and Go. Lately, it's been Get Home and Relapse. In other words, get home and get ready for the next day. Starting this coming Monday, I am off on Thursdays and Sundays up until Easter. Then wo knows what April will bring.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Anda, make sure Dave uses sunscreen and wears a hat!

Southgirl, not really sure about the Get Up and Go. Lately, it's been Get Home and Relapse. In other words, get home and get ready for the next day. Starting this coming Monday, I am off on Thursdays and Sundays up until Easter. Then wo knows what April will bring.

he has been playing golf his whole life he always wears a hat. i used to make him put it but he quit. he can't go out in humid days cause it bothers his heart. I have never seen him play without a hat.
for some reason he always wears a baseball cap when he goes outside thankfully. he used to coach both kids when they played in high school & he always watched them play. both softball & golf so he was always outside lots.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda, You have been doing what I started doing a few weeks ago. I am really trying to organize and pare down so I'm not searching for pictures that I know I want to scrap but can't find. I've had to stop now that I started my new class.

Tonight is my crop night and still have page kits to work on.
I'll be working on a Family page and DS's graduation from HS.
It'll be 3 years since, so it's time, lol.

I am so glad you have crop night do not feel bad I have not done my sons grad stuff& he is in his 30s

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Got the family page done and a page about my pretty cat as I was inspired by the paper I had for it. Also assembled a CTMH page kit I bought that was scrapbook themed. Did not choose pictures for it though. Had a blast with the girls. We celebrated the birthdays of 2 of the ladies and laughed til the tears ran down our legs . It was so much fun.
Hope everyone is well.

I am glad you had a great time with your friends I am glad you got those pages done why don't you post them I would love to see them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I went shopping Friday to find some markers that were flesh toned. (I had some Crayola markers that had different tones but could not find them or maybe I had tossed them...). I went to Michaels and bought some Spectrum Noir (with a coupon but still costly). I went to Hobby Lobby and found some Tombow markers (with a coupon). I tried them both and the Spectrum Noir did blend MUCH better than the Tombow. I have been avoiding all markers as I could not get even coloring. Yes, I tried blending pens and they were "Meh" at best. Is Copic any better

I am glad you tried to get your flesh tones correct I do not have any Copics but I wanted some I have zig markers in 2 types, colored pencils that are watercolor & my prismacolor colored pencils which I adore

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
I don't know anything about the markers though I have heard that spectrum noir and copic are comparable. I've never had the patience to color in any images. I took a class on pencil blending but don't remember much about it.

Got a LO mostly completed last night. It was a page kit I'd started for January. I will need to make up some more kits as I'll be going to two different 12 hour crops next month. The page kits really help me to be more productive.

I have always loved coloring in stuff I do not feel like that anymore but sometimes for an image
I am so glad you got more pages done Please please post them
I used page kits every time I went cropping they really do help

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Blah! It's Wednesday, and I have hit the skids. My Get Up and Go has Got Up and Went.

Will attempt to scrap this weekend....after I get taxes done, etc.

I am so sorry that you are feeling that way
I hoipe that you are able to scrap this weekend

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
What is this "Get up and go" you speak of? I think I remember when I had a bit of it.

I have been having computer problems. So I can't post pictures til I can find out what is wrong. I want to my crop last weekend and got a few things done. I did find my Crayola markers. but they have dried out.

I saw a picture of a Scan N Cut image that had been drawn by the Scan N Cut ( had not used this function) and then someone had colored them in with copics. I tried it and it works great.

you are so funny I am glad that you got something done at your crop
I hope that you get you computer problem fixed soon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am all caught up

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Lori Whitlock had a teapot bundle set for 5. it had 2 different tea pot cards that were cute & a box to hold tea bags my garden freind takes photos of teapots to put on in her cards & teabags inside I am going to use those for her

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am adhering

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

TGIF!
Got a long weekend with a long list of things to do for school, work, and home but oh well...
Probably won't scrap again til April but hopefully will try getting some page kits together.

Suebird, Thurs and Sat don't sound like bad days off. I like having a day off during the week.

Southgirl, Glad you found out something new on your scan n cut. I've so much to learn about my cameo. It'll take me years!

Linda, Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope the spot on Dave is all gone and does not return. So glad you got to see your son. My boy comes home tonight from a week long road trip. I'm excited to see him.
The teapot cards sound cute. I like the idea of adding a tea bag. Nice touch.
I did post my LO's in the gallery. I'll post here too for you. I did not take a photo of the one I did last weekend. I'll get to that some time soon.
Have a great weekend!
All Together By Gluemore Girl
Sweetheart By Gluemore Girl

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I knew I had other papers that are antique bridal lace before so I found those They are perfect for their 50 anniversary & their wedding day. she was from Pricetown so I have a pic of the pricetown church but they traveled on their wedding day to get married I have the newspaper clippings too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to use the 50 with flowers cut on this I am also going to cut some wedding day cuts

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Glue, it is nice to have a day off during the week; I do like 2 days off in a row better at times. Da Moose gets up at an ungodly hour on Saturdays. If I work, thanks to my Meniere's, he has to get me up at an awful hour. That's the only beef I have.

Have to get laundry downstairs. Blah!

Edited by suebird on 03-25-18 04:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

I started working on a Thanksgiving LO Sunday night and not liking anything about the papers so left it alone for now. Worked 22 hours in the last 2 days and not sure if I'll have to go in today b/c of our snow which was supposed to have started falling but has not.
My friend invited me to crop at her house this Friday but with a work commitment, not happening. Feeling meh..

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

2 things have happened they found another cancer place on his arm which they took I hope they don't find much more I called my dr yesterday morning being sad is one of my symptons but when I scrap it makes me feel better. the new pills I have been taking have made me feel much much worse it is hard to work on something so I called my dr yesterday am . I called her again today I relly explained it today so I am waiting for her to change it so I can feel better

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

So glad you called your Dr. Linda and hope you are feeling better soon. Will keep you and Dave in my thoughts and prayers.
Miss you here.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

the dr called again. they are changing my meds doses to see if that helps. I am going to get a blood test to see if the surgery took all of the levels which could cause weight & mood & other stuff. she told me to scrapbook even if I didn't feel like it so here I am trying.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Lori Whitlock has a 50% sale on svgs so I got some more it has an awesome get well set they are so funny I am going to use them for sick kids a hero card, s birthday & teapots too:)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
TGIF!
Got a long weekend with a long list of things to do for school, work, and home but oh well...
Probably won't scrap again til April but hopefully will try getting some page kits together.

Suebird, Thurs and Sat don't sound like bad days off. I like having a day off during the week.

Southgirl, Glad you found out something new on your scan n cut. I've so much to learn about my cameo. It'll take me years!

Linda, Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope the spot on Dave is all gone and does not return. So glad you got to see your son. My boy comes home tonight from a week long road trip. I'm excited to see him.
The teapot cards sound cute. I like the idea of adding a tea bag. Nice touch.
I did post my LO's in the gallery. I'll post here too for you. I did not take a photo of the one I did last weekend. I'll get to that some time soon.
Have a great weekend!
All Together By Gluemore Girl
Sweetheart By Gluemore Girl

I left love on both of these marvelous pages Maria your cat is gorgeous & you have a beautiful family

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
I started working on a Thanksgiving LO Sunday night and not liking anything about the papers so left it alone for now. Worked 22 hours in the last 2 days and not sure if I'll have to go in today b/c of our snow which was supposed to have started falling but has not.
My friend invited me to crop at her house this Friday but with a work commitment, not happening. Feeling meh..

I a m sorry that you had to put those Thanksgivng pages away hon

I am so sorry about you not being able to crop with your freind

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
glue, it is nice to have a day off during the week; I do like 2 days off in a row better at times. Da Moose gets up at an ungodly hour on Saturdays. If I work, thanks to my Meniere's, he has to get me up at an awful hour. That's the only beef I have.

Have to get laundry downstairs. Blah!

I am so sorry that you have to deal with your menieres & work

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Went out to the work dinner but missed having my scrap night.
I'll make up for it with the 2 day long crops in April.
Worked on the Thanksgiving LO, now just need to journal and add a few finishing touches.

Linda, welcome back and hope you are feeling better.
Thanks for the love.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Went out to the work dinner but missed having my scrap night.
I'll make up for it with the 2 day long crops in April.
Worked on the Thanksgiving LO, now just need to journal and add a few finishing touches.

Linda, welcome back and hope you are feeling better.
Thanks for the love.

I am sorry that you had to miss your beloved crop times at least April is 1 week away
I am glad you finished your Thanksgiving pages I hope you post them
my nurse said go in my scraproom even if I do not feel like it so here I am again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I posted here of a cards for sick kids that is going :)that sounds good & happy to work on now if I can find my table again wish me luck that I will I was cutting things for dads page but I got tired of that so away it goes

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

I went with one of my friends to visit a LSS but it was closed b/c the owner went to a vendor fair somewhere. We ended up going to a HL as it was near there but I bought more than she did... a paper pack for a NYC album that I want to make, some undu and a few other necessities like more wash tape . I told her SHE was the one who wanted to go, lol. We went for a nice lunch and then I finished up some homework and that was my day.
Linda, I think paper therapy is the best for all ailments both physical and emotional. I try to make time to play with paper at least once a week but even for a few minutes at night to look at what I am working on and make some tweaks. It's so good for my soul.
Glad you are feeling better and the kids will love your cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I forgot to tell you that the next time Dave goes to the one dr they are going to check to make sure there is no more spots If there is they will freeze them so it will not go into cancer.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Glad to hear that they are keeping a close eye on Dave.

I finished up the LO from Thanksgiving. I'll get a picture over the weekend coming up. This week is going to be long.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am going o my dr in a bit. we are checking my levels from my surgery which can cause sadness, weight gain & cognitive something to double check.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

II found a place to put my genealogy papers & photos in my scrap room I have 1000s of photos in there too. I had them on my bed. I kept closing my door cause of the dog & cat love to get up there I forgot later & they all fell on the floor That is what I need to do asap cause I would feel terrible if some water went in there from the bathroom or kitchen

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
I went with one of my friends to visit a LSS but it was closed b/c the owner went to a vendor fair somewhere. We ended up going to a HL as it was near there but I bought more than she did... a paper pack for a NYC album that I want to make, some undu and a few other necessities like more wash tape . I told her SHE was the one who wanted to go, lol. We went for a nice lunch and then I finished up some homework and that was my day.
Linda, I think paper therapy is the best for all ailments both physical and emotional. I try to make time to play with paper at least once a week but even for a few minutes at night to look at what I am working on and make some tweaks. It's so good for my soul.
Glad you are feeling better and the kids will love your cards

I am so glad you had a great time with your friend shopping at Hobby Lobby since the lss was not open then & that you had lunch too I agree with paper therapy

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Wow Linda, that's a lot of photos! Hope you got them back and sorted quickly.
Hope you made out okay at your Doctor's and feel better.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Wow Linda, that's a lot of photos! Hope you got them back and sorted quickly.
Hope you made out okay at your Doctor's and feel better.

Dave found them all thankfully I had tons f papers too but they are on my bed again The dr changed my meds
I am feeling better now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to try to do the night we met at bowling I hated that font so I found other cuts I want to do

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am trying to put all those wonderful cuts in my cameo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have a page out that I was working on

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

I finally got back to creating. I painted a chipboard house black and copper on the inside. I am going to make a haunted house. Why? Because I wanna.

Made and mailed a couple of cards. Thinking of trying my hand at lettering. I had a book on it but I just bet I can't find it. I need to practice my calligraphy. My Scan N Cut will cut out words that I have handwritten and I want to do that.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

Got in my sb.com stash from the free shipping: another album, packs of ephemera and some ink daubers. Had to put it aside. Will have play time next weekend (I hope).

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I finally got back to creating. I painted a chipboard house black and copper on the inside. I am going to make a haunted house. Why? Because I wanna.

Made and mailed a couple of cards. Thinking of trying my hand at lettering. I had a book on it but I just bet I can't find it. I need to practice my calligraphy. My Scan N Cut will cut out words that I have handwritten and I want to do that.

I am so glad you are painting a chipboard house that sounds like a great idea

I used to do the same kind of lettering back in the day I am sure there would be tutorials for callograpy & brush lettering on you tube or Pinterest

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:

I just sent you a tutorials from You tube in your pm hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Got in my sb.com stash from the free shipping: another album, packs of ephemera and some ink daubers. Had to put it aside. Will have play time next weekend (I hope).

congrats on getting your order from here I hope that you are able to play soon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just working on the page that is out

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got tired of that page so away it goes till later I was lucky to find the pics & story I want to do next civil war .. it is my gr gr grandpa I think without looking

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am working on my heritage pages

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

School and work piling up. Hoping I can get to the day of scrapping next weekend as my reward.
Had a good weekend with both kids home. I miss them already.

Linda, I haven't found the right paper for my Mom on the roof page. I probably should scan or copy the pictures before scrapping them. I think I found slides with a different picture of her on the same day.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

here it is

Bennington sales 1950 april heritage challenge By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
School and work piling up. Hoping I can get to the day of scrapping next weekend as my reward.
Had a good weekend with both kids home. I miss them already.

Linda, I haven't found the right paper for my Mom on the roof page. I probably should scan or copy the pictures before scrapping them. I think I found slides with a different picture of her on the same day.

I am sorry that school & work is piling up so you can't scrap yet I am sorry that you miss your kids you will find the correct paper for your mom eventually

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so excited I am going to order that new kaisercrafty sewing stuff called miss betty I am so glad I could not find my photos so I can use this.. it is so cool
I am also going to order that Doodlebug halloween papers & stuff it is so adorable that I want to use it in my recdone Halloween album

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just ordered the sewing stuff by Kaisercraft that I fell in love with
I am still going to order the halloween today probably

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I realized that they were out of some things I wanted.. so I ordered the at Wallys..I needed 2 packs of the die cut pieces to use on the sick kids cards. I ordered a 6 x 6 for cards I ordered 12 x12 too in the boovile.. for ours too. it was free shipping f or 35. dollars.
I still have others doodlebug halloween in my wish list. I am going to get more of it for us too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am feeling bad again so I am going to try & work on those cards for kids.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Hi Linda,
Sorry you are feeling bad again. Please stay in the craft room, it'll help. The kids will so appreciate those cards.
I'm going to a crop all day on Saturday. No idea what to get together but hopefully will get a bit of time to figure it out tomorrow.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

thanks hon... I have that booville 12 in for our halloween pics & a die cut pack to start our halloween pics.. I am going to order the other stuff in my wish list too that is Doo.. halloween.. I had all the halloween photos sitting on my desk for so long... I hope they are still there..... I have the album I did that has stuff in it too besides pics.. I had doodlebug for my Easter & I love it... Their lines are all so cute...as soon as I get my order....then I will order the rest. & actually do my Halloween... I am tired of saying I still feel bad at least I have these orders coming which make me feel a little better

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am putting my halloween pics away again ....I have the one boo order on its way. I need more stuff to do it. plus I spent 80 bucks this week so I will probably wait till next month I prefer to get extra papers, stickers little people dressed & stuff on my wishlist then.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Hi Linda,
Sorry you are feeling bad again. Please stay in the craft room, it'll help. The kids will so appreciate those cards.
I'm going to a crop all day on Saturday. No idea what to get together but hopefully will get a bit of time to figure it out tomorrow.

Have a great time at your crop

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am going to hl tomorrow to get 2 more photo boxes. mine are full.. I am going to use 1 for me too.. I have photos stacked everywhgere in my bedroom too. there are a ton in my bedroom too.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, How are you organizing your photo boxes? By person or theme or both?
I like the idea of knowing where my photos are without hunting through labels. I'd like to grab the Christmas; Fall/Halloween; Heritage, and each family member....
I would choose a photo box that reminds me of each person or season.
I have a break after this class so by May I can start working on sorting photos again. I had to stop what I started in February.
Not sure what I'll be working on at the crop but I better pack today cuz we leave early tomorrow.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda, How are you organizing your photo boxes? By person or theme or both?
I like the idea of knowing where my photos are without hunting through labels. I'd like to grab the Christmas; Fall/Halloween; Heritage, and each family member....
I would choose a photo box that reminds me of each person or season.
I have a break after this class so by May I can start working on sorting photos again. I had to stop what I started in February.
Not sure what I'll be working on at the crop but I better pack today cuz we leave early tomorrow.

I started this way way back I had those large plastic photo boxes by a certain company..after using them I realized they were more unweildy & cumbersome & very heavy so I bought these cardboard photo boxes at Hobby lobby they were fairly cheap
I had boxes for each person... they have these paper dividers too for Angela.. a divider for lots of stuff.. baby, 1 year..2 years 3 yrs 4 yrs kindergarten..1st grade..2nd grade..3 gr 4 gr 5 gr 6 gr 7gr 8thgr 9th grade10thgr 11. grade..12 grade graduation I would put the corresponding photos in each section.. school choir.. softball I also have a tab for corresponding birthdays in the correct years too school activitys..for correct year. I also have corresponding boxes for each kid that holds all the school papers..sports.. choir.. school photos theing that are large.. I do the same with David..I have these for heritage too tabs for each thing.....Bennington family.....tedrick family..barker family robertsr famils. I also have a big file like the kids for me... folder for my baby....school..any birthday then my heritage...photos dad before mom...moom before dad.. then folders for their photos from 50s...60...70sa folder for thankgsiving...folder for chritmas folders for the same name folder for tedrick folder for barker...folder for bennington..folder for Roberts.. anyof the names in your heritage.. I put my heriatege in my big box too
I have a big box for dave....similar categories as mine school band...MC any school function & folders for his heritage too ...
I have a box of places we go.. zoo...amusement parks fairs..festivals Disney.. in the 4x6 size.....a box for holidays... tab for each xmas... thanksgiving... halloween.. easter these are 4 x6....I have one with birthdays & anniversarys... tabs with each yr 4x6
I have a box for Dave too 4x6.. 4 of the 4x6 are heritage..they stack nicely in a pile I used to have mine photos in the large box but the folders were stuffed full and hard to weild with photos so I am making my own 4x6 box now
Hobby lobby has them on sale for 50% off now so they are 2.50

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I keep thinking about what you said so here I am.. I hope you have a great time cropping tonight.. I found these pics I forgot about. my dear aunt betty had a hat shop that I loved.. she sold dresses too. I loved the hat boxes.. they were really a thing too.. I always pictured with hat boxes & hats going around that I made. I have some paper piecing patterns.. of hats.. I found some vintage hat women in the sil store I might use..a hat on a stand too.. I have been looking at real hat boxes to use now. I could not believe that they had no hat boxes at the store there.. . thank god I have a cameo wish me luck on fining my heritage binder that has that...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I did find them thankfully there are 4 they really look like the styles of the day too. I am going to use these. I love that I can just scan them & use them in my machine.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Thanks for your response. I believe that's how I want to organize my photos too. Are all your photo boxes different or the same?
I think I'd like to know if I reach for " that" box, it'll have "travel" or "dd", etc.
I have all my photos in small plastic 4x6 boxes but it's a hunt to find what I'm looking for cuz I have to read the label on each and it's a PIA.

I got packed up for my crop in about an hour and a half last night. I used up most of my page kits but that's okay. I'm packed for today and for the all day crop in 2 weeks. My friend is picking me up around 8:15 so I better get moving. Have a great day!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

How do you add photos to here from your Iphone? Or can you?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Thanks for your response. I believe that's how I want to organize my photos too. Are all your photo boxes different or the same?
I think I'd like to know if I reach for " that" box, it'll have "travel" or "dd", etc.
I have all my photos in small plastic 4x6 boxes but it's a hunt to find what I'm looking for cuz I have to read the label on each and it's a PIA.

I got packed up for my crop in about an hour and a half last night. I used up most of my page kits but that's okay. I'm packed for today and for the all day crop in 2 weeks. My friend is picking me up around 8:15 so I better get moving. Have a great day!

mine were all the same color but I bought them at the same time.. on the front there is a metal box that holds a paper that tells what is in there.. if you want to buy some different colors to help you see what it is might be good. dave went to pick up my boxes for me . they are brown. the 4 x 6 size are all the same size. after mom & dad died I had this huge amount of photos and stuff that was theirs...I had my aunt bettys when she died.. same with my aunt joy & my grandma. the best thing I bought was large storage boxes from an archival store.. they hold folders mine are acid free but I did not have a choice when I boughht them. I bought them online. In these large boxes that hold folders inside... that is where I have one for me...in each folders I have baby.. school stuff...shildhood photos....school stuff.. and folders for my heritage like I mentioned yesterday. the folders hold tons of photos. my large boxes were not that expensive..they have nice lids ao you can stack them..
I wwill see if I can find them now.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
How do you add photos to here from your Iphone? Or can you?

hi hon I do not have a smart phone..

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:

I just sent to you those photo and memorabila boxes I use & the folders in a pm

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my sewing papers came I noticed that the wood pieces have multiples of them so I can use them all

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got 4 more pages to Daves MC . I really want to do my hat page. I have photos all over my desk.. maybe I can put them in my new boxes....that is what I am going to do..that will be great..

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

thank God that I found all of my sewing photos that I had out.. I was worried sick that I lost them I am going to do them next

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

Go to the SB.com website via your phone and you can add it like you are on the computer.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Thanks Glue.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to southgirl

Ok, here is the first effort. I used a fine line sharpie pen in my Scan N Cut. it drew a dancing couple from a USB design by Tattered Lace. Then I used the cut function to cut it out. I used Kaisercraft glitter gel pens to color most of it.

Dancing Couple by Tattered Lace By Southgirl

I have had bronchitis then my computer got a virus and now my printer is off line. Then my love got a toothache and I had to deal with this "life threatening" (to him, lol) condition. Sigh, men. So I have not done much but I do want to get back in the creative groove.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Ok, here is the first effort. I used a fine line sharpie pen in my Scan N Cut. it drew a dancing couple from a USB design by Tattered Lace. Then I used the cut function to cut it out. I used Kaisercraft glitter gel pens to color most of it.

Dancing Couple by Tattered Lace By Southgirl

I have had bronchitis then my computer got a virus and now my printer is off line. Then my love got a toothache and I had to deal with this "life threatening" (to him, lol) condition. Sigh, men. So I have not done much but I do want to get back in the creative groove.

this looks gorgeous hon I love every single detail
I am so sorry that you have had bronchitis
I am sorry that you had a computer virus I hope that you can work on scrappy stuff

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

due to some miracle my table is cleaned again I am going to force myself to do the sewing page.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

the one page looks great I always thought I would sew the title in embroidery floss so I got it down to see if it works

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I used to sew allthe time by hand or machine but since I started scrapping I only sewed a few things I found the perfect place to sew on it wish me luck that I can do it again

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

I went to an all day crop/fundraiser on Saturday and got 4 pages done, 6 pages if you add in the two page LO that I added photos to. Did some good photo sorting and worked on page kits for 3 more LOs while I was there. I'll be going to my Friday night crop this week and then another all day crop in 2 more weeks.
I'm pretty sure I'll be doing less cropping come summer as usual but love all that I am getting done now.

Southgirl, Sorry you and your computer were sick and hope your love recovers from his near death experience .
Love the coloring you did. So pretty.

Linda, Glad you found those sewing pictures. Can't wait to see them! My Mom was a sewer as was my sister but the gene skipped me. I sewed my own curtains once but that is about all.

Off to the grind. Have a great day!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
I went to an all day crop/fundraiser on Saturday and got 4 pages done, 6 pages if you add in the two page LO that I added photos to. Did some good photo sorting and worked on page kits for 3 more LOs while I was there. I'll be going to my Friday night crop this week and then another all day crop in 2 more weeks.
I'm pretty sure I'll be doing less cropping come summer as usual but love all that I am getting done now.

Southgirl, Sorry you and your computer were sick and hope your love recovers from his near death experience .
Love the coloring you did. So pretty.

Linda, Glad you found those sewing pictures. Can't wait to see them! My Mom was a sewer as was my sister but the gene skipped me. I sewed my own curtains once but that is about all.

Off to the grind. Have a great day!

congrats on getting so many pages done hon I hope your photo sorting goes well
that is so funny cause my dear aunt betty (moms sister) used to say the same thing about her mother & herself..severa of her sisters did sew well but she never could. I have sewed on my scrapbook pages by machine & by hand too but I forgot that I did that. that was many years ago.. this page looks fabulous so far.. I really do not have any way to title it. I bought 3 of these same paper so I do not need to worry about that. I am using a pencil to write the words.. wish me luck

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I finished my sons birthday I need to journal

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I posted my sons birtthday I might go back to the sewing page. when I ttried to sew it...it was hard to do cause when I would put in the needle sometimes.. it made a huge hole that you could not fix so I will write it. I was going to make a journal box cause they have sewing things in the pack of die cuts that I was going to use. maybe that is where I will add the title hopefully. It is just sewn with love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I was kinda upset that my sewing pages did not have an alphabet in there I have bought the same brand & there was an alphbet in it. I got my halloween in they are so cute & adorable I do want to use those for our pages

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

This first card I cut a Julie Nutting stamped image off and add the tail behind her. I did not like it at all.

Mermaid just didn’t fit By Southgirl

This is my second effort and I do not like it either.
Mermaid card fail By Southgirl

Inside the mermaid card fail By Southgirl

This is the final card that I like better.
My Friend the Mermaid By Southgirl

Inside the My Friend the Marmaid card By Southgirl

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 04-12-18 04:39 PM
In response to anda11

Wow! I am jealous of all your scrapbooking events!! I am going to a 3 day crop in 2 weeks and I can hardly wait!! Hope to meet some other women who share my passion. (Or is it an obsession?)

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to ckair

ckair, 3 day crops are so much fun. Aren't you glad you found it?

We have our monthly crop today and tomorrow. I am taking too much. But I can't decide what to do.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

We had 9 of us at our Friday night crop last night with a new lady who joined us. It was a very pleasant evening. I got 1 page completed and 2 more "just about".
I completed a page of my brother when he was about 9 or so.
I worked on a LO of my sister when she did some glamour shots 20 years ago and worked on the page of my Mom on the rooftop.

Linda, I'll post in the heritage after I finish my Mom's page.
Sorry you were disappointed that your paper kit didn't have letters. Can you cut them with your cameo?

Southgirl, the mermaid card came out nice but I even like your fails.
Ckair, Have you tried meetup.com to look for crops near you? I hope you meet new scrapping buddies.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
This first card I cut a Julie Nutting stamped image off and add the tail behind her. I did not like it at all.

Mermaid just didn’t fit By Southgirl

This is my second effort and I do not like it either.
Mermaid card fail By Southgirl

Inside the mermaid card fail By Southgirl

This is the final card that I like better.
My Friend the Mermaid By Southgirl

Inside the My Friend the Marmaid card By Southgirl

I am glad you finally got one that you love It is beutiful

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:
Wow! I am jealous of all your scrapbooking events!! I am going to a 3 day crop in 2 weeks and I can hardly wait!! Hope to meet some other women who share my passion. (Or is it an obsession?)

I totally understand about cropping and being jealous .. we had 17 lss here but only 1 left. I was in a scrap club charity that had 250 women. we had weekly crops.. we had charity crops too I was always cropping for years . it was great fun . I have great memories of it but i do get jealous about people going cropping on this thread but I am living through them I can't drive anymore & I am no longer in the charity so I am living through them.

I am glad that you are going cropping with freinds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
ckair, 3 day crops are so much fun. Aren't you glad you found it?

We have our monthly crop today and tomorrow. I am taking too much. But I can't decide what to do.

I agree about 3 day crops.. Have fun at your crop

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics