Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
We had 9 of us at our Friday night crop last night with a new lady who joined us. It was a very pleasant evening. I got 1 page completed and 2 more "just about".
I completed a page of my brother when he was about 9 or so.
I worked on a LO of my sister when she did some glamour shots 20 years ago and worked on the page of my Mom on the rooftop.

Linda, I'll post in the heritage after I finish my Mom's page.
Sorry you were disappointed that your paper kit didn't have letters. Can you cut them with your cameo?

Southgirl, the mermaid card came out nice but I even like your fails.
Ckair, Have you tried meetup.com to look for crops near you? I hope you meet new scrapping buddies.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

I can't wait to see any of your heeritage pages Maria. I am so glad that you had a nice evening at your crop.
I found an alphabet from Kaisercraft that I may use.
I have 2 binders with alphabets that are paper and stickers so I mmay use them. I am sorry that I am feeling bad again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I was going to look at sewing fonts but I forgot Thanks for the idea...I found a perfect stitched alphabet that I love at t he store

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found a sewing tag/ card that I might use.. I found a stitched heart too that I might journal.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

i can't thank you enough Maria I just bought my sewing stuff so I can use it I do love it I am glad I found a tag & a stitched heart that I am going to use for journaling

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

That sounds wonderful, Linda. So glad you found the letters and other embellishments you like! I got Echo Park ephemera packs and one of them works perfect with my mom on the roof page.
I'll finish up the pages of my Mom and sister at my crop this coming weekend.
Sorry you are feeling badly. Stay in the craft room!
I posted 2 of my LO's from the last all day crop. They are in the gallery.
I'll post more as soon as this class is over... next week!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Saturday morning at 2 am we had a rainstorm. Lts of lightening. I was awake, watching TV. No lights blinked but my TV died. Power Surge? Maybe. I had my monthly crop going on so I said "Fiddle DeeDee, I'll worry about it tomorrow" in my best Scarlet (from Gone With The Wind) voice. TV buying is on my list this week. SIGH.

I want to share with you my to do list at the crop:
1.Draw and cut some more ladies with my Scan N Cut.
2. Color ladies.
3. Make a Birthday card.
4. Show a friend how to use her Color Burst.
5. Play around with the Lettering book I bought last week.

What did I do?
1. Cut half of the ladies (about 10)
2. Did not color any.
3, I did make a card and showed a few friends how it was made.
4. Did a quick tutorial on the Color Burst. They really are amazing.
5. I did play around with one alphabet.

Sunday I stopped by Harbor Freight (a tool store for men) and bought a rolling tool caddy big enough to carry my Scan N Cut to crops. Bought it with a coupon no less.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
That sounds wonderful, Linda. So glad you found the letters and other embellishments you like! I got Echo Park ephemera packs and one of them works perfect with my mom on the roof page.

it is ok if you post those pages at another time when you are not so busy with everything I have been trying to stay in here. thank god for pinterest. have fun when you are working on those pages of your mom.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Saturday morning at 2 am we had a rainstorm. Lts of lightening. I was awake, watching TV. No lights blinked but my TV died. Power Surge? Maybe. I had my monthly crop going on so I said "Fiddle DeeDee, I'll worry about it tomorrow" in my best Scarlet (from Gone With The Wind) voice. TV buying is on my list this week. SIGH.

I want to share with you my to do list at the crop:
1.Draw and cut some more ladies with my Scan N Cut.
2. Color ladies.
3. Make a Birthday card.
4. Show a friend how to use her Color Burst.
5. Play around with the Lettering book I bought last week.

What did I do?
1. Cut half of the ladies (about 10)
2. Did not color any.
3, I did make a card and showed a few friends how it was made.
4. Did a quick tutorial on the Color Burst. They really are amazing.
5. I did play around with one alphabet.

Sunday I stopped by Harbor Freight (a tool store for men) and bought a rolling tool caddy big enough to carry my Scan N Cut to crops. Bought it with a coupon no less.

I want to congratulate on your scan n cut hon you sure got lots of stuff done
I had heard about Harbor Freight for scrap supplies congrats on your new bag to hold your new machine

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:

I left love on those wonderful pages Maria

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just signed up for 2 of the NSD challenges I was worried if I will feel like finding something to make but my sewing page fits I am tired of feeling bad I hope that after Dave goes back to the dr next month to check again. his dr said that he will freeze if he sees something new. I hope I start feeling better sooner.

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

Morning!!! I will be working on hoping to finish the year 2006.
I know I am behind!!! I had recently went through my finished albums and "thought" I was caught up but clearly I was wrong!!!!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to alana610

Alana is anyone ever caught up?

I bought a Laurel Burch stamp of a mermaid and played with that last night. Sent birthday cards off to members of a birthday card group on Facebook. I need to make more for next month. I am considering making a mixed media journal. I love doing mixed media but it is so messy. IDK...hmmm.

Edited by southgirl on 04-20-18 01:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Morning!!! I will be working on hoping to finish the year 2006.
I know I am behind!!! I had recently went through my finished albums and "thought" I was caught up but clearly I was wrong!!!!

Hi Alana welcome to this wonderful thread full of wonderful people I am so happy that you are here for many years I scrapped chronological but I didn't care for it really I want to work on what ever I want to so I switched to that & I love it I have way too many photos to scrap them all but there are people who love scrapping cronological too I am working on a sewing page about a dress my dear grandma sewed for me when I was 3 & I have pics of my daughter wearing the same dress when she was 3 I have a pic of my grandma too I am using the new Kaisercraft Miss Betty which has fabulous sewing papers & stuff to go with it. That I love

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to southgirl

I dont think anyone ever is lol!

I am recently divorced and moved in with my parents to save and get on my feet so I haven't had much time to scrap other than monthly day crops. I was going through my things and trying to get organized and went through the albums and thought to myself what have I been doing haha. I also have about 3 years of pictures to print so I need to make time to do that. I feel like my weekends are always crazy with the kids.

I AM DETERMINED to get these albums done lol!! Enjoy creating!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Alana is anyone ever caught up?

I bought a Laurel Burch stamp of a mermaid and played with that last night. Sent birthday cards off to members of a birthday card group on Facebook. I need to make more for next month. I am considering of making a mixed media journal. I love doing mixed media but it is so messy. IDK...hmmm.

congrats on getting the mermaid stamp hon they sure are beautiful too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
I dont think anyone ever is lol!

I am recently divorced and moved in with my parents to save and get on my feet so I haven't had much time to scrap other than monthly day crops. I was going through my things and trying to get organized and went through the albums and thought to myself what have I been doing haha. I also have about 3 years of pictures to print so I need to make time to do that. I feel like my weekends are always crazy with the kids.

I AM DETERMINED to get these albums done lol!! Enjoy creating!!!

what age are your kids? I have been divorced too we did not have kids thankfully cause he was an Axxxx. my new husband & I have a son & a daughter in their 30s do your kids scrap? mine used to at different times my husband & I have been together for 37 years

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

My kids are 15 and 9. My older one used to scrapbook but no longer. My little one just uses my paper and washi lol. We have been divorced for 3 years. I have been dating an old boyfriend of mine from 17 years ago for the past year.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to alana610

Good Morning and TGIF!
Winter won't let go of us here in New England. It's still cold and rainy and yes, snowy. The sun is out today so I am hopeful.
This is the last of my class and I am working on the final project. My plan is to have it done and submitted today so I can go to my crop tomorrow with a clear conscience. I have my bag packed for the crop so think I'm pretty well set.

Linda, Hang in there til Dave's follow-up. Waiting is the worst part. So glad you found what you want for your sewing pages. I have not looked at the NSD challenges yet.

Southgirl, I have made lists but not brought them to the crops. I should do that for when I am deciding what to do next.

Alana, Welcome and hope you get yourself caught up. It's nice you make the time once a month, that is what I have done for years and still do. I try not to miss if at all possible. It's my serenity, lol. Your kids are at very busy ages! Enjoy the moments, it will fly! My youngest is a junior in college and my oldest graduated last year and living on her own. I just finished their high school graduation LO's this year! Of course, there are several other LO's from HS for both of them that I want to finish but am captivated by my family photos from the late 50's to the 70's right now.
Happy Scrapping!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
My kids are 15 and 9. My older one used to scrapbook but no longer. My little one just uses my paper and washi lol. We have been divorced for 3 years. I have been dating an old boyfriend of mine from 17 years ago for the past year.

that is so funny they know it is the good stuff

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning and TGIF!
Winter won't let go of us here in New England. It's still cold and rainy and yes, snowy. The sun is out today so I am hopeful.
This is the last of my class and I am working on the final project. My plan is to have it done and submitted today so I can go to my crop tomorrow with a clear conscience. I have my bag packed for the crop so think I'm pretty well set.

Linda, Hang in there til Dave's follow-up. Waiting is the worst part. So glad you found what you want for your sewing pages. I have not looked at the NSD challenges yet.

Southgirl, I have made lists but not brought them to the crops. I should do that for when I am deciding what to do next.

Alana, Welcome and hope you get yourself caught up. It's nice you make the time once a month, that is what I have done for years and still do. I try not to miss if at all possible. It's my serenity, lol. Your kids are at very busy ages! Enjoy the moments, it will fly! My youngest is a junior in college and my oldest graduated last year and living on her own. I just finished their high school graduation LO's this year! Of course, there are several other LO's from HS for both of them that I want to finish but am captivated by my family photos from the late 50's to the 70's right now.
Happy Scrapping!!!

I agree with you about winter cause we had snow a couple days ago I am so glad you have your project done to turn in so you can go cropping without guilt

alana610
Tenant
alana610

Yes they are super busy, there is always something going on. Its so hard being a single mom working full time and with their crazy schedueles i feel like I never have time for me!!! The crops I go too they dont do them in the summer because the lady doesnt get a good turn out so we usually dont get together which is ok I can do it at home, I just feel i get more done when Im at a crop lol. I would love to get old family pictures and scrap them. Maybe one day. Good luck with your projects!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so excited my old scrap freind & I are meeting at Michaels class room May 25 It was so good to talk to her

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been test cutting the letters I really like them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

it turned out to be the perfect size

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Garage sales are large here. Nice weather for it too. (Sorry Glue). I bought an unopened Zyron X for 25 cents. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and Michaels and blew the rest of my money on dies and watercolor journal. Well, I did get a bargain on the Xyron.

I can only imagine how hard it is to work and have a family and try to have a hobby. When I was raising my children (alone due to a divorce) I had no time for anything at all, Kudos to you Alana.

I have to make lists to keep me on track. Well, sometimes I do get off track. I love the idea sharing that comes from a crop.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Yes they are super busy, there is always something going on. Its so hard being a single mom working full time and with their crazy schedueles i feel like I never have time for me!!! The crops I go too they dont do them in the summer because the lady doesnt get a good turn out so we usually dont get together which is ok I can do it at home, I just feel i get more done when Im at a crop lol. I would love to get old family pictures and scrap them. Maybe one day. Good luck with your projects!!!

I am sorry that you are not able to scrap much I get stuff done at a crop too I did not get all my photos & stuff till mom died & other aunts died too so I got their photo albums & memorabilia then & I have a ton of it thankfully

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got tired from my sewing page so I switched to something else

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

maybe I'll try the hat page next

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to southgirl

Thanks Im in the same boat (divorce) it is really hard I will TRY to do a page at night but once I get down there to do it I usually get in the groove and dont want to stop. Its hard when I wake up at 5:45 am to start my day and was up all night scrapping. I just wish there were more hours in the day lol.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Thanks Im in the same boat (divorce) it is really hard I will TRY to do a page at night but once I get down there to do it I usually get in the groove and dont want to stop. Its hard when I wake up at 5:45 am to start my day and was up all night scrapping. I just wish there were more hours in the day lol.

I do not blame you if you have to get up so early plus you work & take care of your kids so I can see why you don't do much

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

Linda,
Its insane I work Saturdays until 6 so I try and get down there for a little bit and Sundays are usually errands and laundry lol. Nice weather is coming i pray... Here in New York this weather has been so crazy up and down for us we never know what to expect.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Linda,
Its insane I work Saturdays until 6 so I try and get down there for a little bit and Sundays are usually errands and laundry lol. Nice weather is coming i pray... Here in New York this weather has been so crazy up and down for us we never know what to expect.

I agree about the weather I live in Ohio & we have snow & then 60 degree weather in the same week. I hope that you are able to get down there for a bit at least

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I cut 1 hat set & it is much smaller I wanted them to be bigger on the page. I have to do them by hand they aren't that bad to do by hand

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Had fun at my crop yesterday. I did some school work there since I hadn't finished it previously. Today is my final exam which is to videotape myself doing a physical exam on someone (DH is my test dummy ).
I got 2 LO's done and prepped 3 more. Visited with friends, took a walk, so it was a nice day.
I uploaded 2 of my LO's if you want to peek .

Southgirl, you scored such a good deal at the garage sale and with your spare $... of course it was right to go to M's and HL!

Linda, Who is in your hat page? I found pictures of my brother, sister and I when we drove from CT to FL with my Dad back in the 70's. It was a memorable trip. My friends helped me decide to make a mini album with those pics. I also want to make sure my sister has copies of them.

Alana, You are right that there are never enough hours in a day, especially when you are working and single parenting. I agree with Southgirl... Kudos for making a bit of time for yourself to enjoy your hobby and so important for you to do so. I'm in CT so share your weather craziness. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer but I'll be in work for 10 hours

Have a great day ladies. Going to work on my final and wrap this course up!!!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Here is the Empty Spool Mini. I did it because I could LOL,

Inside the Empty Spool Mini By Southgirl

Top of Empty Spool Mini By Southgirl

Empty Spool Mini By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 04-22-18 08:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Had fun at my crop yesterday. I did some school work there since I hadn't finished it previously. Today is my final exam which is to videotape myself doing a physical exam on someone (DH is my test dummy ).
I got 2 LO's done and prepped 3 more. Visited with friends, took a walk, so it was a nice day.
I uploaded 2 of my LO's if you want to peek .

Southgirl, you scored such a good deal at the garage sale and with your spare $... of course it was right to go to M's and HL!

Linda, Who is in your hat page? I found pictures of my brother, sister and I when we drove from CT to FL with my Dad back in the 70's. It was a memorable trip. My friends helped me decide to make a mini album with those pics. I also want to make sure my sister has copies of them.

Alana, You are right that there are never enough hours in a day, especially when you are working and single parenting. I agree with Southgirl... Kudos for making a bit of time for yourself to enjoy your hobby and so important for you to do so. I'm in CT so share your weather craziness. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer but I'll be in work for 10 hours

Have a great day ladies. Going to work on my final and wrap this course up!!!

I am glad you had fun at your crop
congrats on getting 2 more pages done I hope that you finish everything for class quickly
your trip album sound nice
my dear aunt Betty had a hat shop which I always loved going there.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Here is the Empty Spool Mini. I did it because I could LOL,

Inside the Empty Spool Mini By Southgirl

Top of Empty Spool Mini By Southgirl

Empty Spool Mini By Southgirl

the top of this is gorgeous hon I loved every single thing

so is the side view
the inside is wonderful too

Edited by anda11 on 04-22-18 09:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I used to paper piece often since I had my Cameo I have not done it I have 1 hat cut out

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have the 2nd hat cut out now to the next one

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Got my final submitted, took a walk (it was finally warm!) and did some house cleaning. Went into my Snapfish archives and ordered some photos that I don't think I have copies of and it came out to about 80 photos! I started making a list of LO's and mini albums I want to do.

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

This weather is crazy it was beautiful yesterday and today is nice too. I only got down to cut htv to put on a travel bag. ughh
Tomorrow I am off so Im hoping to get something done!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
This weather is crazy it was beautiful yesterday and today is nice too. I only got down to cut htv to put on a travel bag. ughh
Tomorrow I am off so Im hoping to get something done!

I am so excited for you hon I hope you are able to scrap a bit

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am back to the hat page again

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

That's the plan when the girls go to school tomorrow!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
That's the plan when the girls go to school tomorrow!!!

that sounds great

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

I submitted my last assignment for the class last night so I am officially done. I'll have a break til July. Looking forward to the NSD event here. I'll see if any of my friends want to come over to celebrate and play with the challenges.

Alana, I got a walk in with our dog yesterday. It was a gorgeous day here too. Hope you got to craft and play on your day off.

Linda, Sounds like your hat page is coming together. Looking forward to seeing it.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

We have had a rotten, nasty, awful, very bad time since the first of the year. I vowed as soon as we felt better that we would take a short trip and get rid of "cabin fever". We took a ride to Gladewater, Texas. We really enjoyed the Wildflower Trail and eating at different and strange restaurants.

I am making a craft journal. Using Tim Holtz Oxide, gelatos and Dylusions spray inks. I want to make this journal for sayings I have gathered. I will post some pages as I finish them. I am always reading and come across phrases I love. Like in Game of Thrones..."memories, the bones of the soul" Even add some family sayings too.

alana610
Tenant
alana610

Morning ladies!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday! We had a beautiful day here on Long Island, I had off and of course had a child home sick... ughh isn't that always the way??

I did get down and play I have 90% of the album for 2006 finished!!! Just have to make some titles and then it will be done!!!

Back to work today on this rainy gross day, all I want is to be in my sweats and scrapping lol!!!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to alana610

Here are the 3 pages I almost have finished. I have to wait for ink to dry and had more coloring.

ME By Southgirl

ME By Southgirl

ME By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 04-25-18 08:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to southgirl

Alana I hope your little sweetheart is better. Wow you are chipping away at your album. Post some pictures.

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to southgirl

OMG those came out amazing!!!!!

Thanks shes fine back to school today. I know I keep meaning to post. I will later tonight .

Edited by alana610 on 04-25-18 12:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to alana610

Southgirl, those are beautiful. I love the idea of a journal with your favorite quotes.
Alana, glad you got caught up and glad your little one feels better.
I have to finish up a few details on some LO's I did a couple of weeks ago.
We have a work function tonight and tomorrow I have to pick up DD and bring her home for the weekend. Still need to catch up on house work. I'll be scrapping again on NSD though.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
I submitted my last assignment for the class last night so I am officially done. I'll have a break til July. Looking forward to the NSD event here. I'll see if any of my friends want to come over to celebrate and play with the challenges.

Alana, I got a walk in with our dog yesterday. It was a gorgeous day here too. Hope you got to craft and play on your day off.

Linda, Sounds like your hat page is coming together. Looking forward to seeing it.

congrats on finishing your school work I am so glad that you are able to do NSD
I am glad you were able to walk I did not work on my hat page I did not even come in here I am going to try to make more hats

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
We have had a rotten, nasty, awful, very bad time since the first of the year. I vowed as soon as we felt better that we would take a short trip and get rid of "cabin fever". We took a ride to Gladewater, Texas. We really enjoyed the Wildflower Trail and eating at different and strange restaurants.

I am making a craft journal. Using Tim Holtz Oxide, gelatos and Dylusions spray inks. I want to make this journal for sayings I have gathered. I will post some pages as I finish them. I am always reading and come across phrases I love. Like in Game of Thrones..."memories, the bones of the soul" Even add some family sayings too.

I am so sorry that you guys have had bad times since t he first of the year
I am glad that you took a trip to Gladewater texas I hope this trip helped your cabin fever go away
the craft journal sounds nice

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Morning ladies!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday! We had a beautiful day here on Long Island, I had off and of course had a child home sick... ughh isn't that always the way??

I did get down and play I have 90% of the album for 2006 finished!!! Just have to make some titles and then it will be done!!!

Back to work today on this rainy gross day, all I want is to be in my sweats and scrapping lol!!!

I am so glad you guys had a beautiful day I am sorry to hear about your sick baby
congrats on getting 90% of you 2006 album finished
I am sorry that you have to go back to work
it is funny that I just did xmas 2006 the other day

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Here are the 3 pages I almost have finished. I have to wait for ink to dry and had more coloring.

ME By Southgirl

ME By Southgirl

ME By Southgirl

all 3 of these are wonderful hon I love the sayings too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
OMG those came out amazing!!!!!

Thanks shes fine back to school today. I know I keep meaning to post. I will later tonight .

when ever you have time

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Southgirl, those are beautiful. I love the idea of a journal with your favorite quotes.
Alana, glad you got caught up and glad your little one feels better.
I have to finish up a few details on some LO's I did a couple of weeks ago.
We have a work function tonight and tomorrow I have to pick up DD and bring her home for the weekend. Still need to catch up on house work. I'll be scrapping again on NSD though.

I am glad that you are going to be here on NSD

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am really going to try and make another hat today

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

Thanks I got alot done I just have some titles to cut out and then the book will be finished!!!

I am loving this nice weather.
Hope you're having nice weather as well!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Thanks I got alot done I just have some titles to cut out and then the book will be finished!!!

I am loving this nice weather.
Hope you're having nice weather as well!!

you should be proud & happy that you did it
we have nice weather in Ohio

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got another hat done I am going to finish the last one now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I made dinner so I am back to make the last hat

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

I just signed up for 2 of the NSD challenges. I have to remember to link up products for my LO's which means remembering what company I used, lol.
Our event went well, the class is over, one more obligation next Saturday which will be fun and I will have a break, sort of.
All I really want to do is scrap. Looking forward to NSD!

Linda, glad you are finishing up the hat page.
Alana, congrats on finishing your book! Do your girls love to look through them? My son is more interested (still) than my daughter but think they both love them.

alana610
Tenant
alana610

I am a little relieved that I got another year done but I am no where near being caught up and I know not many people are caught up I just want to be within a few years lol Ill get there. Maybe this weekend I will do some stuff. I have to pack for my little get away next week to Florida!!!

My younger daughter will go through the albums and my older one will only look at the pictures if I am scrapping other than that she cant be bothered, she's 15 so that explains alot haha!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

I am going through my Pinterest women board cause I saved the hats thaat were in the silhouette store to it I can use them as clip art I have other hats too so I am saving them so I can put them in my machine

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, Pinterest is having a 1/2 off sale!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have some news that might be good. Dave thought he was going back next month but it was this month. he missed it so he will call them in the mortning

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, Hope you get good news on David

Alana, Hope you had a good weekend too.

I spent the weekend with DD who came home. We had a nice time. DS comes home after his finals are over this week.
I spent the evening sorting out the pile of LO's and put some into the albums. I can chip away at this all week and finish by the weekend, I hope.

Edited by gluemore girl on 04-30-18 02:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

alana610
Tenant
alana610

Happy Monday everyone!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!! I was super busy and didnt have a chance to get on here. I am going away Thursday till Sunday and had to pack for myself and then get the kids stuff all packed to go to their dad. This momma needs some time away!!!

I will post some of my layouts when I can I'm on my work computer so I have to wait until I get off!!

Enjoy the day!!!

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to alana610

Alana, Enjoy your time away!
Did not touch my pile of LO's last night. I was just too tired after work last night.
Maybe tonight?

justdarlincards
New Kid On the Block
justdarlincards

Hello! I've never posted in this thread before but for the past several months I am doing a pocket page album as a baby book. I am having so much fun with it! I can't wait until our baby boy is here so I can finally have some other pictures other than ultrasound photos!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to justdarlincards

Justdarlin, baby books are so much fun. Have fun with it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• justdarlincards Said:
Hello! I've never posted in this thread before but for the past several months I am doing a pocket page album as a baby book. I am having so much fun with it! I can't wait until our baby boy is here so I can finally have some other pictures other than ultrasound photos!

I am so glad you are posting in this thread we have lots of wonderful people here
congrats on your pregnancy
backk in the day they would not give me my daughter ultrasound thankfully I have my sons it is nice that you get lots more of them so you can actually fill a book

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • justdarlincards Said:

I thought I should tell you that I have not scrapped my kids baby photos

I am so glad you are posting in this thread we have lots of wonderful people here
congrats on your pregnancy
backk in the day they would not give me my daughter ultrasound thankfully I have my sons it is nice that you get lots more of them so you can actually fill a book

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again I stopped the sewing page cause I could not figure which color to use for the title the dress is burgandy I had some burgandy rose embroidery thread that I liked when I tried it I am not sure I have that much color paper maybe I will see if I can find something :)_

justdarlincards
New Kid On the Block
justdarlincards
In response to anda11

I have plenty of ultrasound pics to use but I think I might actually scan them and print them on photo paper. I have heard because they are printed on thermal paper they won't last.

In other news, my ultrasounds are done. I won't see the little guy until he's born.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• justdarlincards Said:
I have plenty of ultrasound pics to use but I think I might actually scan them and print them on photo paper. I have heard because they are printed on thermal paper they won't last.

In other news, my ultrasounds are done. I won't see the little guy until he's born.

welll to be honest I used to read that but my son was born in 1984 & I think his looks great he just turned 34 I had it out last month I was going to scrap it but I did not when are you due?

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Don't bother asking where I've been, or what I've been up to. Nothing has really changed, except my hours got rearranged......a few minor thing popping up here and there during the day....

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

No scrapping yesterday. Worked over time and then spent the afternoon walking the dog and taking her to the park. It was a gorgeous out finally!
Will tackle the pile of LO's to put in albums this weekend.

Justdarlin, Congrats and how wonderful! The newer ultrasound pictures are just amazing! I cannot remember if I scrapped mine. I don't think I did? My first scrapbook was my son's (now 21) b/c he asked where HIS baby book was .

Linda, If you use Burgundy paper how about black or white thread? Is there another color in the photo you can use?

Suebird, welcome back. Hope all is well.

alana610
Tenant
alana610

Morning ladies!!

Yesterday on my day off I had EVERY intention on scrapping
but we FINALLY had beautiful weather it was sunny and 80 degrees so I took full advantage!!!! Today is another beautiful day and I am stuck inside at work ughh. Tomorrow Im headed to Florida to look at houses pray for me!!! Im going to try and find some scrapbook stores to shop and get new goodies!!!

Enjoy your day everyone!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Morning ladies!!

Yesterday on my day off I had EVERY intention on scrapping
but we FINALLY had beautiful weather it was sunny and 80 degrees so I took full advantage!!!! Today is another beautiful day and I am stuck inside at work ughh. Tomorrow Im headed to Florida to look at houses pray for me!!! Im going to try and find some scrapbook stores to shop and get new goodies!!!

Enjoy your day everyone!!!

you can't help it was nice weather I sure hope that you find a house that is close to a scrapbook store good luck on your search

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am sorry guys again I had to force myself in here cause I am feeling bad again I took out my hat page to work on it

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Hope you feel better, Anda.

Glue, can you say glitches?! I have thrown up my hands, and accepted them. Comes with the territory.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Hope you feel better, Anda.

Glue, can you say glitches?! I have thrown up my hands, and accepted them. Comes with the territory.

thank you hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am ready to adhere the hat page

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

I got the LO's of my own family growing up into an album last night. It forced me to journal as well. I need to take a pic of a couple and post as well as finish up 2 of the LO's. One needs a title and the other needs a journaling box and a little something else. I'll post this coming weekend.

Linda, I am sorry you are struggling still. Work for me was long and stressful yesterday and I had to force myself into my space and just tackle the LO's. It helped me feel a little calmer. Can't wait to see your hat page.

Alana, Have fun and good luck!

Suebird, Glitches is right.

Have a good day everyone!

justdarlincards
New Kid On the Block
justdarlincards

Anda, I am due in July. I don't have that much longer to go! It's gone by so fast!

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl

Need to get some chores done and cleaned up for NSD. I am doing a Heart Walk tomorrow morning but after that will be good to go for the most part.

Justdarlin, It does seem to fly by. Congrats on your pregnancy and little one to come. Scrap the minutes and remember to journal. You won't regret it. My 2 are 21 and 23... time does fly.

Who's playing in NSD tomorrow? Sunday?
See you there!

alana610
Tenant
alana610

Hey everyone just checking in.

So I got down here last night and spent today at the beach and taking a long walk, finally able to enjoy some r&r . This is the first NSD since I started scrapbooking that I will not be spending it scrapbooking. Haven't found any scrapbook stores yet kinda bummed.

Hope you all enjoy NSD!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

I forced myself again is this NSD today? I am going to try and finish my hat page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I bet when Dave sees the cancer dr to check everything else I might feel better . it is on the 9th

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I feel too bad to scrap but I feel like ordering today some of the sewing papers & some of the doodlebug halloween That I started buying last month

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I orered all the doodlebug halloween that I have been wanting to finally do my halloween album I ordered the pack last month with some diecuts... I knew I would love it when I saw it I ordered those cute doodle pops of kids dressed up that I loved too

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

Hi, hello, and howdy ladies!

I KNOW I said I'd be around more often....but some stuff happened that was beyond my control. We found out last September that the landlord wouldn't renew our lease and we had to be out by October 1 to avoid being evicted. SO...Hubs has been staying with his mom and Lizzie and I with friends. In March I got into a shelter-type place that will help me get back on my feet so we can all be together again under our own roof. Hubs can't stay with me, it's a long story why.

Most of my scrappy goodness is in storage. *sigh* I've got another month or two here and then will be able to move into our own place. I DO have my Cricut, carts, some cardstock, and my tote of tools and adhesives (and yes bling) so I'm thinking I might make a few cards tomorrow. I DON'T have any pictures with me, so no LOs.

I have a fridge full of Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper, chips and salsa, taco fixings, and a pint of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer. I'm ready for NSD. I've really missed y'all.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to BlingQueenRia

The heat and humidity coming all at once hit me hard yesterday. I couldn't function too well so did not do any scrapping. It was enough to get a few house chores done.
Today is the Heart Walk. I'll be gone til the afternoon. Hope to get some scrapping done tonight and tomorrow.

Linda, I'm sorry you are stressed and hope the days to Dave's appt pass quickly and that you get great news. I'll keep praying.

Alana, A walk on the beach sounds wonderful. I think scrapbook stores are hard to come by unless it's a box store. I have to drive an hour to get to a locally owned store. Enjoy your R&R.

Rita, So sorry for what you are going through. Glad you and DD are together and hope that you find a more permanent solution soon. Card making sounds wonderful and you've got the snacks to help you along!

Have a great day everyone... see you at the crop!

justdarlincards
New Kid On the Block
justdarlincards

Hello, everyone!

It's Saturday morning and I'm sitting here contemplating on what to do with my day. I will be working on the baby book at some point today.

I went to Michael's last night and bought some new paper (like I needed it) and wash tape that was 3 for $1 and some large rolls on clearance. Score! I can't wait to see what comes out of my new purchase!

Have a good day everyone!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Anda, worrying will never fix things. Hang in there and think positive thoughts.

Bling, welcome back, I have never "celebrated" NSD, Have fun.

Justdarlin, I know what you mean. I have more paper than I can ever scrap with and I bought some Awesome Mermaid paper at M's.

My bestie and I went to Shreveport to the new Joann's there and I raided the clearance rack. Tim Holtz distress ink pens and a coupon works also. Score!!! Pie at a wonderful restaurant (Spruel's) and the one hour drive there and back was the best, Wildflowers every where,

I am still working on my mixed media journal, I think I will ink some pages today and save the journaling and decorating at our monthly crop. I know the girls would like to see my methods of inking but it is rather messy.

Edited by southgirl on 05-06-18 07:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to southgirl

Thanks, y'all! I dragged out what scrappy goodness I have, found that the die-cut challenge includes all projects, even cards, so I'm going to be joining a challenge today. Woot!

*cranks up P!nk's "Get The Party Started"*

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

This is what I got done today:

Sweet Mother's Day By BlingQueenRia

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics