Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

Morning ladies!!!!

This weekend was a little crazy. I worked Saturday and had off for my birthday yesterday and just relaxed and made chocolate candy bar wrappers for my daughters "summer birthday celebration" in class tomorrow.

Im hoping once school ends and things calm down I can devote more time to it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
Welcome back from vacation Sue! Did you go to a different place or the same place as last year?
We are going to the beach in a couple of weeks and again in July and maybe one more day or two in August.

Linda, Hope you find something you like. I'm sure you will find something in the Echo Park category.

I worked on straightening out my new craft space in DD's bedroom and got a lot done. I believe by the end of the week, I'll be ready to start up again. I got a bit overwhelmed b/c DH and DS thought they'd be helpful and bring EVERYTHING up at once! So I had to sort through it all in a smaller space. Somehow, I managed. My first priority will be to get the pages into albums (started that weeks ago) and then finish organizing the smaller stuff.

Happy Monday!

I did find one that could work I am sorry that your stuf was brought up in your smaller room I am glad you got a lot done it wasn't your fault that you had to work o your room instead of organizing your pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
These 2 cards were made for a challenge on Facebook. I have never done a male themed card so I had to step out of my comfort zone.

Happy Fathers Day step card By Southgirl

Father’s Day Steampunk By Southgirl

such a cool card hon:) love the papers, gears men greetings

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

that sounds like you had a nice relaxing day on your birthday

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

since I adore Doodlebug & I love the easter & halloween :)I am going to see if there are some girl sets

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning! Last day of my work week and other than a grad party on Saturday, it looks to be a quiet weekend. I'll see about finishing off my new craft space and prepping DD's bed for when she comes home which will be the end of the month.
I bought a warehouse box from Simple Stories and got notification that it'll be delivered next week. Not sure where I am going to put everything!

Alana, glad you had your birthday off even if you were making things for your kids' teachers. I'm sure you didn't mind too much.

Linda, hope you found girl paper you like. Is it baby girl paper or just girl in general?

Happy Thursday!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning! Last day of my work week and other than a grad party on Saturday, it looks to be a quiet weekend. I'll see about finishing off my new craft space and prepping DD's bed for when she comes home which will be the end of the month.
I bought a warehouse box from Simple Stories and got notification that it'll be delivered next week. Not sure where I am going to put everything!

Alana, glad you had your birthday off even if you were making things for your kids' teachers. I'm sure you didn't mind too much.

Linda, hope you found girl paper you like. Is it baby girl paper or just girl in general?

Happy Thursday!

I am glad that you are going too have a quiet weekend I do hope that you can get your room in order very quickly
I have plenty of baby papers, just general girl all of these boy packs I have have boy sayings that are so cute . I do not have any girl sayings I found a couple Imight use of echo park & doodlebug

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I might want to do disney I have not done that for years
I have a couple of pages that are started

Edited by anda11 on 06-15-18 02:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still going to try Disney again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my table is full of cr ap again

Edited by anda11 on 06-15-18 05:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to southgirl

Checking in after my first week back from vacation. Glue, we went back to where we went last year. Da Moose loves the place that much.

I'll be scrapping some of the pics 'one of these days'; got to get them printed, etc.

Said Moose also got a few pics of a baby deer, hiding near our cabin. He pulled an old Native American trick, didn't get too close, etc. That should be a decent layout.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Checking in after my first week back from vacation. Glue, we went back to where we went last year. Da Moose loves the place that much.

I'll be scrapping some of the pics 'one of these days'; got to get them printed, etc.

Said Moose also got a few pics of a baby deer, hiding near our cabin. He pulled an old Native American trick, didn't get too close, etc. That should be a decent layout.

that layout of the baby deer sounds cute we had deer & their families in our backyard always it used to be sometimes but later it was always cause all of the subdivisions that grew around us & we had 2 acres I miss seeing them. have fun scrapping this vacation I think scrapping them also makes you relive them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am doing some amusement parks for a challenge I have Disney and luckily I remembered one where my son played a game & won a big stuffed animal I hope the pics are not missing on my scrap cuboards where they are not in order

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Still working on my new space. DH is pleased and so am I.
Our family room is a more peaceful space except for my home office. I need to claim a bit more closet space like the top shelf. I'll pack up DD's books so she can go through them when she comes home. She may take some to her new apt.

Linda, I started a couple of cards with scraps that I have. I like trying to figure out what bits and pieces go together and then if it strikes me, I go for it. Have fun with Disney. I think I still have Disney stickers from when I went in 2005!

Suebird, Welcome back and glad you got some R&R. DH & I are beach lovers so we'll hit the shore a few times this summer. I think we are getting to our lake tonight after the grad party. Sunsets at the lake are spectacular.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Dave is taking me out to eat cause it is my birthday I have gained weight so I bought a few pairs of shorts at Lands end last month cause I have pants from them that fit He also bought me $100 of shorts & tops from there. they sent me a coupon for 50. off 100. order cause it is my birthday so I am going to have plenty of shorts to wear daily that fit I wear pjs some days

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am not feeling well today so we are going to go when I do feel better

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

I'm currently trying to come up with a thank-you card idea. My daughter and I are still in the shelter, and probably will be here for around six weeks or so. This shelter is actually an apartment complex and each individual apartment is sponsored by a different local church.

I would like to make a thank-you card for the church that sponsored ours. They furnished it and filled the fridge and cabinets with food right before we moved in. A week or so after we settled, they came and brought us a meal.

So I've been perusing CardMaps trying to come up with inspiration. I'm limited on the colors of cardstock unfortunately, as 98% of my cs and pp is in storage. I have my Cricut with me because I did some Christmas stuff for my church back in December. I have reds, greens, blues, and white for cardstock with me. I DO have my pink tote full of bling, adhesive, and embellishments as well as cards and envelopes.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to BlingQueenRia

Bling how about a patriotic themed (red, white and blue) thank you card?

I am watching Youtube a lot and doing stuff from them. Box made from a toilet tissue tube, ink pad holder and a pop up card. So far I have made the card to my satisfaction...ish. Still not a 100% health wise. All I can do is watch TV and craft. Hmmm that sounds like heaven to a crafter. Next I'll be complaining that I have too much money to spend on crafts?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Bling how about a patriotic themed (red, white and blue) thank you card?

Hmmm, I like that idea! Thank you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have some good news....I had an appointment with my H dr on 6/20 but they called me last month to reschedule to sept. which I did. they said she woud not be in the officve that day. when I called with my problems & they said the earliiestr I can see her is sepy. so they had me schedule with a nurse practioner on the 25th DR K called & is going to see me on the 20th after all I am really glad about that

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 06-19-18 02:06 PM
In response to anda11

Yay! Glad you are getting in earlier!

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to ckair

Got a box of goodies from Simple Stories. I like what I got and look forward to playing with it. My DD's room/my craft room is looking good. I just have to put a bamboo curtain for the closet doors and put in a window AC unit and we'll be good to go.

Linda, So glad you are seeing Dr. sooner. Sometimes you need to be the squeaky wheel.

Bling, The patriotic themed card sounds perfect for this time of year.

Southgirl, I don't envy your craft time if it means you are not feeling well. I do hope you recover soon. If you are eligible for cardiac rehab, please do it.

Okay ladies, have a good night and great day!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have plenty of xmas card ideas & stuff on pinterest & my machine but thankfully I saw a number of the same type & I remembered it thankfully it looks like an embossing folder or stamp with white birch trees with red cardinals in them mom had 2 white birch in her front yard out the window that she loved they had bird feeders & she sure loved her birds especially her cardinals in the trees I think that is a good idea if I Figure out which brand it is

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have a silly question I have not embossed for years I have a folder from the past did I put that in my big shot? I found a tree embossing folder for this card

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I already ordered it Jos had it on sale for 2.99. they say they do not carry it in store. I am not sure if Mikes or Hoblobby have it so I am so glad I got it

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
This is my last day of the work week and tomorrow is my weekend! I would like to put away my new SS box things and then DH and I may head to the beach.

Linda, that sounds pretty, the embossing folder with the birch trees and cardinals. When I re-arranged my room I put my embossing folders on display so it would remind me to use them more. Glad you found it!

Waving Hi to everyone else

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I made some Tim Holtz stamp pad holders out of 110 lb black card stock. I added feet and am planning on making a holder for my SU ink pads.

Tim Holts stamp pad holder By Southgirl

Edited by southgirl on 06-21-18 07:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

Afternoon all!!!!

I have been MIA for a little bit, the end of the year tends to get a little hectic with parties, school activities and just prepping for summer!!! Today is my little one's last day of school so I am hoping to finally get some scrapping done being I wont be rushing around to and from school functions.

Whats everyone working on this weekend?
I took pictures of the chipboard album I made I will post them sometime between now and the weekend.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to alana610

Hi Alana! Glad things are well with you and to hear you've been MIA just b/c you are busy. Happy Summer to your girls!
I've been moving my scrap room from the family room into DD's bedroom (with her blessing) since she will only be home for visits now. She still has a bed and dresser and a little bit of her very big closet. She has most of her clothes with her. I have to add in the AC unit that DH picked up yesterday and a bamboo curtain for the closet b/c the sliding doors did not open up enough for me to access the items on the shelving I put in there. My next task is to finish adding LO's to albums and adding them to the shelf that we began storing them on in the family room.
I don't do a lot of scrapping in summer usually, but we'll see.

Southgirl, Those are smart looking holders! How are you feeling?

Possibly making plans to visit a TM store in the next week just b/c I never have!

TGIF

Edited by gluemore girl on 06-22-18 04:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Hi, hello and howdy! It has been a crazy week at work, we got our behinds handed to us. I'm hoping for a quiet weekend. I'm planning on sleeping in tomorrow, then cleaning house and after hopefully working on that thank you card. I love the patriotic theme and will work well with the colors I have here with me.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Bling, since I suggested the theme to you I decided that I wanted to make a patriotic themed card to send to my grand daughter but I am running out of time.

Glue, it is sweet of you to ask. I am getting better I think. Sweating going to the doctor tho. Heart problems are scary.

I made a holder for my Stampin' Up ink pads. Lol it took 6 tries but I finally made it. I wasted a lot of black 110 lb card stock sheets and I am not sure I can find replacements.

I looked at my work area and it was a mess. So I have cleaned up one side and the other will be done tonight. I made a pile of stuff to share at a crop or send of to my grand daughter.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to southgirl

Maybe I missed the post, but....what all is up with the heart problems South?

Looks like I will be off some days around the 4th. Yippee! Scrap time!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I made some Tim Holtz stamp pad holders out of 110 lb black card stock. I added feet and am planning on making a holder for my SU ink pads.

Tim Holts stamp pad holder By Southgirl

this turned out really cool hon if you make another set then they will surely been good

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Bling, since I suggested the theme to you I decided that I wanted to make a patriotic themed card to send to my grand daughter but I am running out of time.

Glue, it is sweet of you to ask. I am getting better I think. Sweating going to the doctor tho. Heart problems are scary.

I made a holder for my Stampin' Up ink pads. Lol it took 6 tries but I finally made it. I wasted a lot of black 110 lb card stock sheets and I am not sure I can find replacements.

I looked at my work area and it was a mess. So I have cleaned up one side and the other will be done tonight. I made a pile of stuff to share at a crop or send of to my grand daughter.

I want to say again I do hope that your heart problems do not get worse. I hope they go away soon. you are in my prayers you are right they sure are scary

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Maybe I missed the post, but....what all is up with the heart problems South?

Looks like I will be off some days around the 4th. Yippee! Scrap time!

hey Sue that is great that you will be able to scrap on July 4th

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Got a box of goodies from Simple Stories. I like what I got and look forward to playing with it. My DD's room/my craft room is looking good. I just have to put a bamboo curtain for the closet doors and put in a window AC unit and we'll be good to go.

Linda, So glad you are seeing Dr. sooner. Sometimes you need to be the squeaky wheel.

Bling, The patriotic themed card sounds perfect for this time of year.

Southgirl, I don't envy your craft time if it means you are not feeling well. I do hope you recover soon. If you are eligible for cardiac rehab, please do it.

Okay ladies, have a good night and great day!

Maria I am glad that you like your Simple stories & want to play with it I am so glad you room is coming along & that you love it

the reason I am so dizzyz is that I am moving my body from side to side more & it makes me feel dizzy. plus she is changing a pill too
I told you I had her scheduled for that date. someone called & said she might not be there & to schedule for sept. maybe the people there did not know they tried to change so maybe she was still scheduled

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
This is my last day of the work week and tomorrow is my weekend! I would like to put away my new SS box things and then DH and I may head to the beach.

Linda, that sounds pretty, the embossing folder with the birch trees and cardinals. When I re-arranged my room I put my embossing folders on display so it would remind me to use them more. Glad you found it!

Waving Hi to everyone else

I did not have my big shot for many many years I always made it myself I got the red sizzix laate too my scrap freind & I used to shop for spellbinders dies & another brand. I do not have many embossing folders I think I forget them
another cameo idea you can use cuts from your cameo as embossing tools

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Hi, hello and howdy! It has been a crazy week at work, we got our behinds handed to us. I'm hoping for a quiet weekend. I'm planning on sleeping in tomorrow, then cleaning house and after hopefully working on that thank you card. I love the patriotic theme and will work well with the colors I have here with me.

I am sorry that you had a terrible week at work I hope that you are able to sleep in sometime

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Afternoon all!!!!

I have been MIA for a little bit, the end of the year tends to get a little hectic with parties, school activities and just prepping for summer!!! Today is my little one's last day of school so I am hoping to finally get some scrapping done being I wont be rushing around to and from school functions.

Whats everyone working on this weekend?
I took pictures of the chipboard album I made I will post them sometime between now and the weekend.

it is ok if you wore so busy with school activities no pressure here
I am glad that you will be able to scrap a little congrats on getting your chipboard album made

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:
Yay! Glad you are getting in earlier!

thank you hon

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

We cut our beach weekend short since it is cold and rainy. As Murphy's law would have it the days before and after this weekend were and will be gorgeous... .
We will plan another couple of days in July.
I got 84" curtain panels and rod to use for closet doors in my craft room/DD's room. She'll be home tonight for a few days and I want her to be comfortable.
I will spend the day putting LO's into albums. Started last night but DH and DS wanted me to watch a movie with them .

Alana, The end of the year hubbub! Hope you and your girls get a little down time this summer. It's easier for me to scrap in winter than summer b/c I'm indoors more. Looking forward to seeing your chipboard album!

Linda, Sometimes dizziness/vertigo can be caused by crystals that congregate in the ear canal. If this is so, she can refer you to physical therapy to help relieve it.

Rita, Sorry you had a rough week at work. Hope you get some down time and looking forward to seeing your card.

Sue, Welcome back and glad you'll be getting some R&R.

Have a restful Sunday everyone.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Thanks guys. It looks like I'm going to be making two thank you cards, one for the church that sponsored my apartment and one for my home church. They surprised my daughter and me with a $125 "love offering" this morning in addition to a rotating schedule of friends giving us rides to and from church each week. I am truly blessed by my church family and this card I'm making for them is only a small token of my gratitude.

The strict budget here does not bother me too much, but my daughter is only 15 and it hits her really hard. She's been accustomed to asking me or her daddy for money to do things like go to the pool, go to the movies with her friends, etc. and it's really been hard for her when I have to constantly say no. Y'all have NO idea how happy she was when I was able to give her $5 to go to the coffee shop connected with the church. She loves their hot chocolate and got a doughnut this morning.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Cards are done! After much procrastinating for the one, needing to make one for my own church too ASAP lit a fire under me. I know I wanted to go with a patriotic theme, but I didn't have anything patriotic on any of my Cricut carts. I still used red, white, and blue but I used a watermelon instead of anything patriotic.

Thank You #1 By BlingQueenRia

Thank You #2 By BlingQueenRia

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl

I got DD's room in nice shape and she was very happy when she came home. She liked how it looked.
Also worked on getting LO's into albums and ended up putting some finishing touches on them before I did.

Rita, That is a beautiful card! I love how you did that. So very glad you were able to get the help you needed from your church for you and your daughter.

Have a good day everyone!

alana610
Tenant
alana610

Oh that is fantastic!!! I have been buying things and just piling them up because I haven't had real time to organize my stuff.
I can't wait to move so I can have my own room again. Not having my own space I haven't felt very crafty and I hate that.

I am thinking of starting to send some of my things down to Florida like the finished albums and maybe my cricut cartridges being they are all uploaded to the explore.
The next few weeks are going to be busy, I leave for Florida again July 10-15 I CANNOT wait!! But until then I am working everyday with the exception of July 4th because we are closed. I'm going to try my best to organize my stuff before I go.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
We cut our beach weekend short since it is cold and rainy. As Murphy's law would have it the days before and after this weekend were and will be gorgeous... .
We will plan another couple of days in July.
I got 84" curtain panels and rod to use for closet doors in my craft room/DD's room. She'll be home tonight for a few days and I want her to be comfortable.
I will spend the day putting LO's into albums. Started last night but DH and DS wanted me to watch a movie with them .

Alana, The end of the year hubbub! Hope you and your girls get a little down time this summer. It's easier for me to scrap in winter than summer b/c I'm indoors more. Looking forward to seeing your chipboard album!

Linda, Sometimes dizziness/vertigo can be caused by crystals that congregate in the ear canal. If this is so, she can refer you to physical therapy to help relieve it.

Rita, Sorry you had a rough week at work. Hope you get some down time and looking forward to seeing your card.

Sue, Welcome back and glad you'll be getting some R&R.

Have a restful Sunday everyone.

[/quote

I thought I read dizzyness on HD site but it is not a sympton she said that since I am moving more side to side more can make me dizzy feeling but I still have it so you could be right

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Thanks guys. It looks like I'm going to be making two thank you cards, one for the church that sponsored my apartment and one for my home church. They surprised my daughter and me with a $125 "love offering" this morning in addition to a rotating schedule of friends giving us rides to and from church each week. I am truly blessed by my church family and this card I'm making for them is only a small token of my gratitude.

The strict budget here does not bother me too much, but my daughter is only 15 and it hits her really hard. She's been accustomed to asking me or her daddy for money to do things like go to the pool, go to the movies with her friends, etc. and it's really been hard for her when I have to constantly say no. Y'all have NO idea how happy she was when I was able to give her $5 to go to the coffee shop connected with the church. She loves their hot chocolate and got a doughnut this morning.

such a sweet story about your sweet daughter

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Oh that is fantastic!!! I have been buying things and just piling them up because I haven't had real time to organize my stuff.
I can't wait to move so I can have my own room again. Not having my own space I haven't felt very crafty and I hate that.

I am thinking of starting to send some of my things down to Florida like the finished albums and maybe my cricut cartridges being they are all uploaded to the explore.
The next few weeks are going to be busy, I leave for Florida again July 10-15 I CANNOT wait!! But until then I am working everyday with the exception of July 4th because we are closed. I'm going to try my best to organize my stuff before I go.

it is very easy to pile up purchases I am so glad that you will have your own room again
you must have found a house since you are moving soon
i hope that are able to organize as soon as possible

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Cards are done! After much procrastinating for the one, needing to make one for my own church too ASAP lit a fire under me. I know I wanted to go with a patriotic theme, but I didn't have anything patriotic on any of my Cricut carts. I still used red, white, and blue but I used a watermelon instead of anything patriotic.

Thank You #1 By BlingQueenRia

Thank You #2 By BlingQueenRia

these cards are both wonderful I am sure that the recipients will love them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
I got DD's room in nice shape and she was very happy when she came home. She liked how it looked.
Also worked on getting LO's into albums and ended up putting some finishing touches on them before I did.

Rita, That is a beautiful card! I love how you did that. So very glad you were able to get the help you needed from your church for you and your daughter.

Have a good day everyone!

I am she found it a nice place to stay since the move

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am not sure what I will work on next I have this amusement park page out to see if I can do it & finish it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I had a hard time working on that so I pulled out David & his Mario shorts & decorated tee shirt I am using the same fabric from them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I saw a mario font on my desktop but it was nowhere to be found in my cameo so I just downloaded another one

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am still working on it it takes a long long time so it will be a long one

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just cut 2 of the fonts my table is full I may have to put this away again but I see why It takes so long I used to love cutting fabric.. I do not care fr it anymore.. I do not seem to be very good anymore

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

No scrapping this week so far. DD is home and enjoying sleeping in her old bed.
Linda, sorry you are getting frustrated with the LO you are working on. Good idea to put it aside and think on it. That's what I do sometimes.
Happy Hump Day!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
No scrapping this week so far. DD is home and enjoying sleeping in her old bed.
Linda, sorry you are getting frustrated with the LO you are working on. Good idea to put it aside and think on it. That's what I do sometimes.
Happy Hump Day!

if you are not able to scrap at least you are spendingg time with your daughter so that makes up for it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have my music layout out I am not sure I am going to work on it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I cut some guitars for this lo I have this figured out but I need to add some journal box too I like this

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I might keep doing this music page I kind of like it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I am going to adhere the 1st page

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I think I am going to adhere page 1

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to anda11

Morning all!!!

Its another rainy day here on Long Island, and i am stuck at work!!
I am hoping to finish my chipboard album either tonight or tomorrow. I have to pack for my trip and start organizing my scrap stuff so I can finally use it and know what I have lol.

I got a promotion at work so now my hours will be strictly mon- fri so I am super excited about that!!
We didn't find a house yet we have a couple of appointments for when I go down in 2 weeks. I am thinking of starting to just ship some stuff and put it in a storage so it isnt so much all at once to take.

I scrap more in the winter as the summer too. Its too nice to be inside I want to be outside enjoying the nice weather and in the winter I hate going out when its too cold! I wonder how that will change when I am a Floridian?? that sounds so strange lol!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to alana610

• alana610 Said:
Morning all!!!

Its another rainy day here on Long Island, and i am stuck at work!!
I am hoping to finish my chipboard album either tonight or tomorrow. I have to pack for my trip and start organizing my scrap stuff so I can finally use it and know what I have lol.

I got a promotion at work so now my hours will be strictly mon- fri so I am super excited about that!!
We didn't find a house yet we have a couple of appointments for when I go down in 2 weeks. I am thinking of starting to just ship some stuff and put it in a storage so it isnt so much all at once to take.

I scrap more in the winter as the summer too. Its too nice to be inside I want to be outside enjoying the nice weather and in the winter I hate going out when its too cold! I wonder how that will change when I am a Floridian?? that sounds so strange lol!

I am sorry that you are have rainy weather & that you are stuck at worrk but huge congrats on your promotion that will be nice for you to have those hours
I hope that you will be able to get those albums done
I hope that you guys find a home quickly in Fla

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have page 1 coompletely aadhered

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning and TGIF!
It was a bit of a long week but I did get home early yesterday and vegetated for the night. Did not even work out!
I spent the evening watching scrappy nerd uk on you tube and sorting through Halloween and Lake pictures as I am planning a couple of mini albums for both. Now to decide which one to make for each.

Alana, You still have a couple more years to go, is that right? I think the summers in Florida are like our winters. I understand that people stay indoors more in the summer b/c of the heat & humidity. I wonder if that will change for you? My sister lives in the Pensacola area but she is not an outdoorsy person.
Huge congrats on your promotion!!!

Linda, Glad you are liking your music page. Can't wait to see it.
I need to finish putting LO's into albums. I'm enjoying looking through them and adding some finishing touches. How is your dizziness?

Waving Hi to everyone else and hope the weekend is good to you all.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning and TGIF!
It was a bit of a long week but I did get home early yesterday and vegetated for the night. Did not even work out!
I spent the evening watching scrappy nerd uk on you tube and sorting through Halloween and Lake pictures as I am planning a couple of mini albums for both. Now to decide which one to make for each.

Alana, You still have a couple more years to go, is that right? I think the summers in Florida are like our winters. I understand that people stay indoors more in the summer b/c of the heat & humidity. I wonder if that will change for you? My sister lives in the Pensacola area but she is not an outdoorsy person.
Huge congrats on your promotion!!!

Linda, Glad you are liking your music page. Can't wait to see it.
I need to finish putting LO's into albums. I'm enjoying looking through them and adding some finishing touches. How is your dizziness?

Waving Hi to everyone else and hope the weekend is good to you all.

I am glad it is Fri too I am glad that you were vegetating for some time

I bet those videos were fun to watch
i am glad you were sorting your photos for the mini albums you want to make

I have to finish page 2 of my lo I sure do like it too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
We are in the start of a week long heat wave. Today will be the worst so I'll soon be shutting the windows and putting on the AC.
For now, I'm enjoying the quiet house and the sound of the birds singing outside.
I will try to spend a little time in my scrap space today. My fingers are itching to do something.

Linda, Hope you and the rest are feeling well.
Have a great day!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
We are in the start of a week long heat wave. Today will be the worst so I'll soon be shutting the windows and putting on the AC.
For now, I'm enjoying the quiet house and the sound of the birds singing outside.
I will try to spend a little time in my scrap space today. My fingers are itching to do something.

Linda, Hope you and the rest are feeling well.
Have a great day!

we are having a heat wave too . we have had our air on for some time. he goes outside to read. the humidity always bothers his heart for some reason. he has been reading inside too cause of the heat. I sure miss moms bird feeders at the old house

I hope that you are able to scrap a little

I think I am feeling a tad better

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have page 2 adhered too I need to journal it I have the title & a saying I want to use... I hope they fit on this guitars that I cut for it

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

We're having a heat wave here, too. Y'all know that level in Mario 3 where the sun chases you and tries to kill you? That's been Missouri for the last week. I am grateful for air conditioning.

I'm not working on anything crafty this afternoon but I AM working on a couple of things culinary. I've got pizza dough rising for later and just took a pan of soft pretzels out of the oven. I hadn't made any in a while and Lizzie told me she missed me making them. I get bored, I make stuff. LOL

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
We're having a heat wave here, too. Y'all know that level in Mario 3 where the sun chases you and tries to kill you? That's been Missouri for the last week. I am grateful for air conditioning.

I'm not working on anything crafty this afternoon but I AM working on a couple of things culinary. I've got pizza dough rising for later and just took a pan of soft pretzels out of the oven. I hadn't made any in a while and Lizzie told me she missed me making them. I get bored, I make stuff. LOL

I am grateful for air conditioners too homemade pizza sounds good so do soft pretzels

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found some heritage pics & papers I might use one is civil war.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Texas and it is hot here too, Bling. Wishing for Fall. I made a tag album but haven't decorated it yet. And 2 cards. I am thinking of redoing my die storage, Involving a file cabinet that I need to move.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Texas and it is hot here too, Bling. Wishing for Fall. I made a tag album but haven't decorated it yet. And 2 cards. I am thinking of redoing my die storage, Involving a file cabinet that I need to move.

it sure looks like everywhere is having a heat wave . I wish for fall too
congrats on getting those tag albums done and the 2 cars

I hope you find a way to redo your die storage that you like

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

I am grateful for air conditioners too homemade pizza sounds good so do soft pretzels

They're yummy. Working on something else culinary tonight. Tomorrow night I have meetings from the time I get home from work until about 7:30pm or 8 my time. So I'm making homemade (from scratch) mac and cheese with L'il Smokies for tomorrow night. Making it tonight, will put it in the fridge till tomorrow, then pop it in the oven for 20 minutes. Lizzie will be a very happy camper tomorrow night.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

my family loves home made mac & cheese you guys will have a great meal

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Happy 4th of July everyone . I was complaining to Dave that we don't really do what we used to in our old neighborhood.....Ang came over to watch the fireworks on tv so that made me feel a bit better I hope you all have a great time doing whatever it is

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my favorite restaurant is open today we are going to eat there this will make me feel better

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Tag album finished and decorated. I turned it into a Birthday card.
Tag Album Birthday card By Southgirl

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to southgirl

Good Morning!
Spent the better part of yesterday working on classwork. DH is under the weather so we stayed home. I am counting on this heat wave breaking by tomorrow. I'll feel better about that.

Linda, Glad you had someone watch fireworks with you. We heard them after we went to bed. With work today I did not want to go out and fight the crowds and the heat was too much for me.
Hope you enjoyed your dinner out.

Southgirl, The tag card is beautiful, nice work, as always. Hope you are feeling better.

Rita, Your Mac and cheese sounds so good, as did your pizza and pretzels! Sure that your DD enjoyed the yummy meals.
LOL on the Mario 3 analogy. There was a funny cartoon on FB about the heat across the country... The map was all red and the caption said "It's %#@ hot!"

One day work then off for 3! Would like to play with paper this weekend and hope I get the chance.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Tag album finished and decorated. I turned it into a Birthday card.

this is such an awesome tag album birthday card I love it I bet the recipient will love it too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
Spent the better part of yesterday working on classwork. DH is under the weather so we stayed home. I am counting on this heat wave breaking by tomorrow. I'll feel better about that.

Linda, Glad you had someone watch fireworks with you. We heard them after we went to bed. With work today I did not want to go out and fight the crowds and the heat was too much for me.
Hope you enjoyed your dinner out.

Southgirl, The tag card is beautiful, nice work, as always. Hope you are feeling better.

Rita, Your Mac and cheese sounds so good, as did your pizza and pretzels! Sure that your DD enjoyed the yummy meals.
LOL on the Mario 3 analogy. There was a funny cartoon on FB about the heat across the country... The map was all red and the caption said "It's %#@ hot!"

One day work then off for 3! Would like to play with paper this weekend and hope I get the chance.

I did enjoy it we only watch the fireworks on tv for years columbus a a huge one every year with thousands of people go but we never went there.. we used to watch t hem in the van when my kids were there our little town had them too & I used to go there long ago we only watch them on tv now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I might try to finish tthat guitar pages I need to write the journaling I wrote the title on a guitar & an saying on a guitar

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Yee Ha! I can finally open my windows again today! The breeze is blowing and humidity is breaking. I have an eye appointment and some other things to do. Going to try to get to yoga class if I get done with the appointment early enough.

No scrappy stuff on the agenda but will see if I can work it in.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Yee Ha! I can finally open my windows again today! The breeze is blowing and humidity is breaking. I have an eye appointment and some other things to do. Going to try to get to yoga class if I get done with the appointment early enough.

No scrappy stuff on the agenda but will see if I can work it in.

that is great that you are opening your windows again I am glad that the humidity is breaking
I hope that you are able to schedule your yoga class at the right time I hope that you are able to work in some scrappy stuff

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

No scrappy stuff planned, at least this weekend. I DID box up what I've got here to make it easier to move it hopefully in a few weeks or so. It's also easily accessible if I should decide to make any more cards before I move.

Lizzie LOVED the mac-and-cheese and the pretzels. I took some of both in to work upon request from a coworker. Later on tonight I'll make some homemade sausage, egg, and cheese muffins for breakfast tomorrow before church. I make them, put them in the fridge, and then we just microwave them in the morning. Lizzie eats the leftovers during the week while I'm at work.

Right now I'm watching "Princess Diaries." On Saturdays I typically clean house, and that's done.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl

Good Morning!
I ended up putting the AC back on Friday afternoon. The humidity did not really break til nightfall, lol.
Yesterday was gorgeous and I spent it with one of my BFFs. We went to a LSS who was hosting a tag sale. Scrappy ladies rent a table and we shop til we drop. I got some really great deals on paper packs and sticker sheets in particular. I also patronized the LSS that was hosting and the J's down the street. I went a little crazy...
Not sure how much scrapping will get done but I am working on gathering supplies for and deciding the type of mini album to make for Halloween. I got the photos together so now to get the papers and embellies together in one place.
I might make that my summer project so I'll have it this fall.

Rita, such yummy comfort food & I could watch Princess Diaries over and over! Glad you will keep supplies handy and will be moving soon. Good for you and best wishes!

Linda, Hope you are feeling well. Are you scrapping with your friend at M's soon? How is the guitar page going?

suebird
Expert
suebird

I am NOT a happy scrapper today. Was going to finally sit down and do something, and our water pump motor went pffft. Of course, I have laundry that needs doing, my hair is a mess....and I don't want to think of the bill.

Only bright thing is I 'could' possibly get a layout from this mess.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

Bling,check out my gallery. I did a paper bag Halloween album a while back. I found it on May May Made It on Youtube.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Bling,check out my gallery. I did a paper bag Halloween album a while back. I found it on May May Made It on Youtube.

I just left love on this amazing album hon every page is amazing thanks for sharing

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
I am NOT a happy scrapper today. Was going to finally sit down and do something, and our water pump motor went pffft. Of course, I have laundry that needs doing, my hair is a mess....and I don't want to think of the bill.

Only bright thing is I 'could' possibly get a layout from this mess.

I am sorry that you are having problems ith your water pump I sure hope that it does not cost much
I love that we have city water cause at the old house we had a well that was tiny.....i our water pump went out sometimes or froze

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
No scrappy stuff planned, at least this weekend. I DID box up what I've got here to make it easier to move it hopefully in a few weeks or so. It's also easily accessible if I should decide to make any more cards before I move.

Lizzie LOVED the mac-and-cheese and the pretzels. I took some of both in to work upon request from a coworker. Later on tonight I'll make some homemade sausage, egg, and cheese muffins for breakfast tomorrow before church. I make them, put them in the fridge, and then we just microwave them in the morning. Lizzie eats the leftovers during the week while I'm at work.

Right now I'm watching "Princess Diaries." On Saturdays I typically clean house, and that's done.

Iam sorry you are not doing any scrappy stuff this weekend hon

I am glad Lizzie loved the mac & cheese & pretzels

your breakfast muffins sound good I bet Lizzie loves them too

I am glad you got your house cleaned

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I took the guitar pics

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Never got to any scrapping. I did manage to put my new & used goodies away though.
After house cleaning, the afternoon was quite social with various activities and I still had class work to do. Spent the evening writing a paper that was due for my class. Week 1 is down... 7 more to go!

Suebird, bummer on the water pump going. What kind of LO are you thinking? I did a LO on a time when we got a basement flooding from our washing machine, I think.

Linda, will look for your LO.

Happy Monday!

alana610
Tenant
alana610

Good morning everyone!!!

Looks like everyone has been super busy as am I. I got a promotion at work so I have been working long hours finishing out my time in this spot. I start my new position next monday after I get back from vacation. I am super excited but also super nervous!!!

I finally finished my chipboard album I took pics will post later just not sure how to post them on here or if they have to go in my gallery.

Then 2 nights ago I had a flood in my basement where all my scrapbooking stuff is. THANK GOD nothing was ruined only some of my cricut cartridge boxes got a little wet but they are all empty (I store them another way).

Wow that was a mouthful lol!!! Happy Monday ALL!!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I want to tell you guys that my internet has been going out for some time . we have had them out to fix it so if I am not here that is why

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Wasn't the well pump after all; was a switch that went pffft and needed replacing.

Glue, I got a picture of the guy working on the switch, him at his truck, and the offending switch. $400 beats close to $3000 for a motor any day. Guess the switch is from when the original owner built the house 40 years ago, so....

Linda, I understand about the internet. Keep in touch somehow. Some of the people in our town have city water, but to be honest....I like the well water better. Don't have to pay for it, for one thing!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
I ended up putting the AC back on Friday afternoon. The humidity did not really break til nightfall, lol.
Yesterday was gorgeous and I spent it with one of my BFFs. We went to a LSS who was hosting a tag sale. Scrappy ladies rent a table and we shop til we drop. I got some really great deals on paper packs and sticker sheets in particular. I also patronized the LSS that was hosting and the J's down the street. I went a little crazy...
Not sure how much scrapping will get done but I am working on gathering supplies for and deciding the type of mini album to make for Halloween. I got the photos together so now to get the papers and embellies together in one place.
I might make that my summer project so I'll have it this fall.

Rita, such yummy comfort food & I could watch Princess Diaries over and over! Glad you will keep supplies handy and will be moving soon. Good for you and best wishes!

Linda, Hope you are feeling well. Are you scrapping with your friend at M's soon? How is the guitar page going?

ccongrats on going to the lss yard sale with your freind congrats on finding all those treasures to use I am glad that you got your halloween stuff ready to make the mini album

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics