Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to mrsdriver5

My niece and nephew (6 & 9) are coming over to make Valentines treat boxes for their friends this weekend. I tried to come up with an easy design and have their "kit" ready for them so they don't give out on me halfway through. Making about 30 each is going to require some focus. We'll see....

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I hope you are all doing ok today. I am still sick but I just put my cubes away. YEAH:) I need to unpack the rest of the stuff & put in the drawers. I hope to feel up to it tonight sometime. My bff just called & we are planning on cropping on Weds if I feel up to it. I sure hope so. I haven't even felt like working on any scrappy stuff. I still need to read your posts yet.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to anda11

Linda I hope you get to feeling better!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to olleharr

• olleharr Said:
My niece and nephew (6 & 9) are coming over to make Valentines treat boxes for their friends this weekend. I tried to come up with an easy design and have their "kit" ready for them so they don't give out on me halfway through. Making about 30 each is going to require some focus. We'll see....

Hey Lisa, That sounds like a fun fun weekend! I remember having fun times doing stuff with mine when they were kids. Enjoy yourself.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Linda I hope you get to feeling better!

Thanks Sheryl, I am feeling much better & I am getting tired of not feeling like working on stuff.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Linda—Sorry you're still sick. That's no fun, but then to have a new scrappy room with your cubbies and a table...then not feel like doing anything with it...well, that's just not right! Hope you get over it soon and get back to your scrappy self~Judy

Thanks Judy, I agree it is not right. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
This weekend I am free...I will be going to sarasota, FL to celebrate my Dad's 80's b-day. Maybe some shopping at JoAnn's not sure yet about the shopping!LOL!!

Well that sounds like a wonderful trip. I am so excited for you. Enjoy every minute with your dad. I hope you are able to shop shop shop

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
I am going to try to get some quick valentine cards made for my DGS. Hopefully this sinus congestion goes away by then!

Hi Betty, I sure hope your sinus congestion leaves asap! I do hope that you did get those valentines cards done in time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Completed Valentine cards and also finished shopping a swap!

YEAH on getting your valentines done. It is great you finished your swap shopping.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I'm watching, well listening to, "Dance Moms" on Lifetime's website and trying to find some mojo. Hubby's at work, L'il Bit is in the living room watching "Hannah Montana." I wanna scrap, but I need mojo...

Hi Maria, I sure hope your mojo comes back.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to dotfree

• dotfree Said:
I'm making Valentine cards.

Hi Dot, Valentines cards are so fun to make. I hope you enjoyed them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I haven't done anything crafty yet...borrowed a laptop from hubby's grandpa so I could do our taxes. I'm planning to do them Monday when L'il Bit is at school. Until then, I'm using it to catch up on anything and everything. It's not easy being on here (and Facebook, and some of my other boards) from my phone.

I hope that you got them done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I hope you're feeling better soon, Linda!
I have been scanning old photos....My mom lent me a whole bunch of her photo albums and I'm going through them.
It is really hilarious looking at all the old pics from the 70s and 80s.....

Alison

Hey Alison, WHOOHOO on your mom lending you her photo albums so you can scan. You are right.... we all have those hilarious looking pics. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to creater1

• creater1 Said:
Oh yes I am working on several LO. I am a new mom to the Cameo so up til 5 am playing and just downed 2 cups of coffee looking to play again til the we hours.
This is my weekend and I have tomorrow to play as well.
So super inspired once again and very productive 10 pages done. That is a record for me.
Looking forward to seeing all that everyone is doing on this thread.

WHOOHOO on your new Cameo!! I am so glad you got so many pages done Jackie. ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Been re-doing the scrap room lately - got rid of the guest bed since we pretty much never have overnight guests, so that's opened a lot of room for me. Having trouble finding a table of the exact dimensions I want for one space - it's easy to find shelves that are 8 inches deep and 48 inches wide, but not 29-30 inches high - and it's easy to find shelves that are 48 inches wide and 29 inches high, but they're all at least 12 inches deep, and usually more.

Also been making plans for an ABC album using pictures from my own childhood.

I made some Christmas tags over the weekend, and did some repairs on a scrapbook I made back in 2002 - the first problem was that I used mostly glue stick back then, so things came off easily (on the bright side, they came off *easily*, without much tearing), and the second was that it isn't just a postbound album, it's the kind where the pages don't have page protectors, they just go right onto the posts - an old Pioneer album, I think - so it was the kind where I was attaching patterned paper directly to the sheets, and a lot of that was coming loose too.

Hi Bunny, Yeah in you getting more space in your room. THat sure willl make a huge difference. I hope you do find your table. I bet you feel great fixing the old album. I think your abc albm of you sounds like a great idea.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to flhomeschoolmom

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I'm still sorting scrapping supplies. And I signed up for the flower swap, so after my boys go to bed and my house gets quiet, I've got flowers to make.

I hope you did get done sorting them. I think a flower swap sounds lovely. I do hope you got them done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to WVScrapThis

• WVScrapThis Said:
I picked out the fabric to make a baby quilt and my teen son has decided he wants me to use the Yankee fabric I bought (many months ago) for curtains instead of a blanket.

In organizing our recent Disney Cruise pictures, I realized there are a lot of just me with characters. Debating if I want to make me an album with those pictures. If I put them in our cruise album, it would overwhelm all the other pictures. (I got a little carried away) My DH says to go for it. No reason I can't have my own character album.

Have fun sewing for your son. I always loved sewing for mine. I do not blame you for wanting to make a seperate character album. I would.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.

I am glad you got some pics done. I hope you have time to do the smash book. Does she like to scrap? I bet she does.

She loves to scrap. She's like her momma and loves the bling. We spent the early afternoon making puzzles while we wait for the glitter glaze on chipboard letters to dry.

That is great Maria! Who wouldn't like bling??

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Yes, Linda, you are so great at responding to everyone's posts!
I actually did get my card made (below) and we are going out for dinner tonight....should be fun!

Alison

Birthday Card for Sis By Kiyawinn

That card is so beautiful Alison. I left you some love. I bet she loved it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Linda you are doing amazing responding to people you are my inspiration!

I hope everyone gets to scrap sometime this weekend its now jsut our creative outlet its what keeps some of us sane Me especially

THanks Jane! I hope everyone was able to scrap too. You are correct about sanity. lol

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-08-13 07:47 PM
In response to anda11

...sheepishly walks in...

hi everyone... I can't believe how much I've missed. I got tied up with work for a while and wasn't checking in, and then when I got back I kept telling myself I'd go back and catch up on the chatter here. but there were so many pages. I haven't been able to catch up, and as much as I really want to, I'm not sure I'll be able to read it all. So I thought I'd just jump back in and say hi.

Linda, from your most recent posts it looks like you're settling into your new house and getting your scraproom set up, eh? How exciting!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I'm trying to work on Valentine cards, but just like the Christmas cards...I waited too long. You'd think I'd learn sometime...I mean I have a calendar right on the side of my e-mail screen. Yep, sure enough...Feb. 14th is listed on there.

I'm almost done with my mom's. Ok, I'm maybe half-way done, but she's the main one I want to get done, plus a couple to take to people at church on Sunday. We're having a family Valentine party on the 16th, so I actually have a couple extra days for some of the cards, but the ones for the mail...not so much spare time!

At least I finally got my Cameo out and have it up and running. My problem is I want to try all the nifty techniques I see and I can't get them all on a card :>)

Jarvae, I also said I didn't think card making was for me, but anymore it seems like that's all I do. I haven't worked on a LO since before Christmas.

OK, Ms. Cameo is done doing her thing, so I'd better figure out the next step. Have a good weekend everyone~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
...sheepishly walks in...

hi everyone... I can't believe how much I've missed. I got tied up with work for a while and wasn't checking in, and then when I got back I kept telling myself I'd go back and catch up on the chatter here. but there were so many pages. I haven't been able to catch up, and as much as I really want to, I'm not sure I'll be able to read it all. So I thought I'd just jump back in and say hi.

Linda, from your most recent posts it looks like you're settling into your new house and getting your scraproom set up, eh? How exciting!!

Hello hon! I am so glad you are checking in Do not feel bad at all. I have been fighting being sick so I really haven't been here much at all. I haven't felt like working on anything. Do not apologize when life takes you. I just got my last cube in tonight. I have to unpack a couple more boxes. I still need to get some drawers for all my stamps & stamp stuff. Those are still packed.
I am so glad to have them all done. WE are settling in fine. we do love it here.
Were'nt you two looking for a new home too? how is that going ?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Judy, you're starting to make me nervous. I guess I never stopped to think about how close Valentines Day is. I have 25 things to get made for our valentines sacks at work. I have the stuff, just need to get busy. I guess I know what I have to work on this weekend! I got note pads that I will cover with paper and make a cover for. I got a pad of 12 at an office supply store like less than $7.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-09-13 08:51 AM
In response to SherylEb

Hi Linda, I'm so glad you love your new home, although I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefully you'll be feeling better today.

Sheryl, I can't wait to see these notebook covers. Sounds like a great idea and very practical. Will you post pictures?

Judy, I can definitely see how it can be addictive. Most of the people I know don't appreciate cards. I think for Christmas we received maybe 6 of them and I send over 100 every year. They are store-bought cards, but I always get the very nice fancy ones. But still, most of the people in my life just don't care about cards anymore. I love to receive "real" mail but some days I feel like I'm the only one.

I didn't post about it here yet... but I made my FIRST ever card for one of my closest friends. She is pretty much the only person I know IRL who enjoys my scrapbooks and asks me about it. But it did take me a long time (about 6 hours split between 2 nights) to make it so I don't know that I'll make many more. Maybe for very special people on very special occasions.

Wicked Thank You card

By Jarvae

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

That's a beautiful card, Jarvae! I was buying some more stamps today at J's (big Fiskar ones for $2-something, then another 20% taken off!) and told hubby I shouldn't be buying them since time and cost per card is ridiculous. One card may not cost that much, but I HAVE to buy a whole paper pad to get the colors I want...and a couple of new ink colors...and a couple new stamps...and a new shade or two of stickles...and just a few packs of embellies. Yes, I can use all the remainders on other cards, but that kind of means I'm caught up in the card-making cycle.

I always feel funny giving somebody a homemade card, like they're going to think, "Hmmph...I wasn't even worth a trip to the store for a real card." I don't think non-crafters have a clue of what goes into the making of a card. I always feel like they think of me like a little kid, a little construction paper, glue and glitter and that's all it takes. Uhhh...not quite!

I'm gradually getting over that feeling since each time I've given a card, people call to thank me...something they never did with a store card. My family all keep the cards I make, so I guess I'll keep on...~Judy

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
I haven't done anything crafty yet...borrowed a laptop from hubby's grandpa so I could do our taxes. I'm planning to do them Monday when L'il Bit is at school. Until then, I'm using it to catch up on anything and everything. It's not easy being on here (and Facebook, and some of my other boards) from my phone.

I did. We are getting a hefty chunk back, and I'm replacing my laptop and cell phone, and buying the kids tablets for their birthdays. I found $60 tablets at WalMart online.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.

I am glad you got some pics done. I hope you have time to do the smash book. Does she like to scrap? I bet she does.

She loves to scrap. She's like her momma and loves the bling. We spent the early afternoon making puzzles while we wait for the glitter glaze on chipboard letters to dry.

I know, right? I didn't get crafty this weekend, I worked yesterday and had a full day with my son today. But I did get crafty this past week. Lemme go get the pic from Photobucket...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

L'il Bit is having a "happybirthday" party next month, and her theme is Hello Kitty. These are the invites I made for her to hand out to her little friends. I made six:

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-10-13 08:30 PM

• mrsdriver5 Said:
That's a beautiful card, Jarvae! I was buying some more stamps today at J's (big Fiskar ones for $2-something, then another 20% taken off!) and told hubby I shouldn't be buying them since time and cost per card is ridiculous. One card may not cost that much, but I HAVE to buy a whole paper pad to get the colors I want...and a couple of new ink colors...and a couple new stamps...and a new shade or two of stickles...and just a few packs of embellies. Yes, I can use all the remainders on other cards, but that kind of means I'm caught up in the card-making cycle.

I always feel funny giving somebody a homemade card, like they're going to think, "Hmmph...I wasn't even worth a trip to the store for a real card." I don't think non-crafters have a clue of what goes into the making of a card. I always feel like they think of me like a little kid, a little construction paper, glue and glitter and that's all it takes. Uhhh...not quite!

I'm gradually getting over that feeling since each time I've given a card, people call to thank me...something they never did with a store card. My family all keep the cards I make, so I guess I'll keep on...~Judy

Thanks Judy Yeah I know what you mean. Most people have no idea what goes into these kinds of things unless they are scrappers themselves. I was talking to a friend of mine about the wedding album I'm doing and how much it costs and she was like "umm, it's paper and stickers... how much can it be?" I just laughed and said nevermind. But I'm glad hubby doesn't give me much grief about what I spend. I always tell him... it could be worse. I could collect shoes. They cost more and take up more space". LOL. Of course, we don't discuss my obsession with purses.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-10-13 08:32 PM

• BlingQueenRia Said:

I did. We are getting a hefty chunk back, and I'm replacing my laptop and cell phone, and buying the kids tablets for their birthdays. I found $60 tablets at WalMart online.

$60 tablets??? Wow. We have been talking about getting me a new computer. Right now I have a laptop which constantly overheats and I can't really run any applications or many webpages because it will just lock up. I told him I'd REALLY like to have a desktop computer (a real one) and then a tablet for when I want something mobile. At $60 that doesn't seem like such a far-fetched idea.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I REALLY wanted to do some scrapping this weekend, but...

Sat. morning our local family met at a breakfast buffet and although we see each other all the time, we have so much fun together. The waitresses know we'll be there forever, so aren't surprised when we stay for 4 hours. I have no idea what we find to talk about. So, that took the morning. Then hubby and I had some basic errands to do...library, gas, refinance the house so we could afford to get gas , and a trip to J's to use my 20% off everything coupon.

There were a bunch of Fiskar stamps that I wanted and they were on clearance. A Nestie die jumped into my cart, along with some ink pads, and small paper pads of solid colors to use with Ms. Cameo.

Then we came home to find out the 'net wasn't working. Lots of playing around to figure out the culprit...the 'net, the PC, the modem or the router..or something else? Ran to BestBuy & bought a new router. Patient Hubby kept climbing up (we're both vertically challenged and the router & modem are up on top of the TV that's up on my office countertop), to try different things. Finally got it working and the wireless was working for his computer...then it quit. He ran to BB and bought a modem. More playing around.

Shut everything off...again...plugged in the old modem/new router, turned it all on and it's working good. Computers...bah humbug!

By then it was late and I was out of a scrappy mood. (Take the "s" off and you'll know the mood I was in.) Played some online games and went to bed.

With church, more family time and Sunday-laziness, no scrapping done. Maybe tomorrow. I still have lots of Valentines to get made! I've already run them through the printer, putting on my logo that I use on the backs, along with the month/year, so I can't save them to do next year!~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Cute invites, Queen Ria. Your daughter and her friends should love them! I miss those days, but I'm probably remembering them through rose-colored glasses. If I stop and think, I definitely remember the work that went along with the fun! I wish computers/printers, etc. had been around back in the ol' days. I had to take whatever Hallmark had available. Have fun planning the party...and have fun enjoying life through a 6-yr. old :>) ~Judy

Diva

I am organizing my supplies. It has been a challenge since post-holiday season!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hey guys, I am sorry I didn't get back to you. I was feeling bad again. I am now going to try & put those things in my drawers now. I feel better today. I do hope that I can get my stuff ready for meeting my friend to crop on WEds. I desperately need it. lol

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 02-12-13 07:20 AM
In response to anda11

Hope you are feeling better Linda and get to crop with your friends. I am going to crop at archiver's on Friday with my girlfriend and I cannot wait!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-12-13 08:36 PM
In response to ckair

Hey everyone just swinging by to say hello. No scrappy updates for me other than all the paper I got today (and some more I just ordered- YAY). I have a 4 day weekend coming up and I hope to get some good scrapping in.

Linda, I hope you're feeling better and have a great time tomorrow!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

Hey you guuuuuuuuuuyys!!!

How is everyone and everything?!?

Has everyone moved, finished their Christmas cards (! ) unpacked, found their sanity, gotten their Valentine's day cards out, found their new home, finished new layouts, gotten new scrappy machines, completed old scrappy repairs, filed their taxes, altered their notepads, recovered their mojo, organized their stuff, planned their parties and otherwise been ok?!

Artfulscrapbooking
Veteran
Artfulscrapbooking
In response to Kim222

Yay it's Friday!! I plan to finished up a layout thats in progress on my table!! (I got distracted with Valentines cards.) Then I'm hoping some scrappy supplies I ordered are going to show up on my door step today, so I can play with them over the weekend!! I hope you all have a fun crafty weekend!

my blog: http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

Has everyone moved, finished their Christmas cards (! ) unpacked, found their sanity, gotten their Valentine's day cards out, found their new home, finished new layouts, gotten new scrappy machines, completed old scrappy repairs, filed their taxes, altered their notepads, recovered their mojo, organized their stuff, planned their parties and otherwise been ok?!

Thanks...you just added 13 things to my To Do List. I don't have to move or find a new home, but we are remodeling some rooms, so I subtracted two from your list and added one OK...I'll go get busy...~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Sorry Judy!! Wasn't trying to add to yours--just trying to cover everyone I read in the last couple of pages.

Let me know when you're up to #10

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hello dear friends, I hope you are all ok today. I am feeling better today. I put my last box away today. I am going to work on my cards. I haven't worked on them since forever. lol I sure hope lots of you will be doing stuff tonight & this weekend too. I know I still have some new posts to read yet. I totally forgot about the Pinterest post I started. I never finished checking out the rest of them. I want to do that too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I'm trying to work on Valentine cards, but just like the Christmas cards...I waited too long. You'd think I'd learn sometime...I mean I have a calendar right on the side of my e-mail screen. Yep, sure enough...Feb. 14th is listed on there.

I'm almost done with my mom's. Ok, I'm maybe half-way done, but she's the main one I want to get done, plus a couple to take to people at church on Sunday. We're having a family Valentine party on the 16th, so I actually have a couple extra days for some of the cards, but the ones for the mail...not so much spare time!

At least I finally got my Cameo out and have it up and running. My problem is I want to try all the nifty techniques I see and I can't get them all on a card :>)

Jarvae, I also said I didn't think card making was for me, but anymore it seems like that's all I do. I haven't worked on a LO since before Christmas.

OK, Ms. Cameo is done doing her thing, so I'd better figure out the next step. Have a good weekend everyone~Judy

Hi Judy, I do hope that you did get your valentines done in time. I am so glad you are playing with your cameo. YEAH I really think you should name her instead of calling her Ms Cameo. LOL I think most people do say that they are not going to do cards but so many end up doing it & become addicted too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Judy, you're starting to make me nervous. I guess I never stopped to think about how close Valentines Day is. I have 25 things to get made for our valentines sacks at work. I have the stuff, just need to get busy. I guess I know what I have to work on this weekend! I got note pads that I will cover with paper and make a cover for. I got a pad of 12 at an office supply store like less than $7.

Hi Sheryl, I do hope that you finished your valentines stuff for your work people. I think those pads looks so awesome when they are done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Hi Linda, I'm so glad you love your new home, although I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefully you'll be feeling better today.

Sheryl, I can't wait to see these notebook covers. Sounds like a great idea and very practical. Will you post pictures?

Judy, I can definitely see how it can be addictive. Most of the people I know don't appreciate cards. I think for Christmas we received maybe 6 of them and I send over 100 every year. They are store-bought cards, but I always get the very nice fancy ones. But still, most of the people in my life just don't care about cards anymore. I love to receive "real" mail but some days I feel like I'm the only one.

I didn't post about it here yet... but I made my FIRST ever card for one of my closest friends. She is pretty much the only person I know IRL who enjoys my scrapbooks and asks me about it. But it did take me a long time (about 6 hours split between 2 nights) to make it so I don't know that I'll make many more. Maybe for very special people on very special occasions.

Wicked Thank You card

By Jarvae

That is an incredible card Jarvae. I sure can't believe it is your first but I know how talented you are so I can believe it. lol I left you some love You can always make cards to give away. There is someone here that collects cards for a kids camp(maybe they are abused). She collects them all year. There are always people sending cards to the military. some to the soldiers in the field & other to wounded ones. They can use many types of cards because the military get them so they can send them home for a birthday or holiday.
You couls also make them for nursing homes.

Edited by anda11 on 02-15-13 02:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:

Hey Judy, congrats on the new stamp stuff. You are so right about cost of a single card. lol
Do not feel bad about sending them to everyone. When I was a kid, my mom & I sent home mde cards to people all the time. Everyone thought they were great. It was the normal thing to do so no one felt like it was wrong. YOu put your love into making that card for someone & they will see how much you put love was there. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

WHOOHOO Maria! I am so excited for you. That sounds like a great deal at wallys. I am sure the kids will love them. I know you will love your new laptop & phone too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=anda11][quote=BlingQue enRia][quote=anda11][quot e=BlingQueenRia]I printed a few pics to scrap...but I also want to make my own smash book...told L'il Bit that if she picked up her toys, she could scrap with me. If she didn't pick up her toys, I would scrap while she picked them up. I worked to pay, and she's been with her daddy.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know, right? I didn't get crafty this weekend, I worked yesterday and had a full day with my son today. But I did get crafty this past week. Lemme go get the pic from Photobucket...

[/quote]

I am glad you were able to get crafty this week.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
L'il Bit is having a "happybirthday" party next month, and her theme is Hello Kitty. These are the invites I made for her to hand out to her little friends. I made six:

Those are adorable invites Maria!! I love scallop cards. I love everything. YOu did a fab job. I didn't see it in your gallery to leave love.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

Thanks Judy Yeah I know what you mean. Most people have no idea what goes into these kinds of things unless they are scrappers themselves. I was talking to a friend of mine about the wedding album I'm doing and how much it costs and she was like "umm, it's paper and stickers... how much can it be?" I just laughed and said nevermind. But I'm glad hubby doesn't give me much grief about what I spend. I always tell him... it could be worse. I could collect shoes. They cost more and take up more space". LOL. Of course, we don't discuss my obsession with purses.

WHAT PURSES??

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I REALLY wanted to do some scrapping this weekend, but...

Sat. morning our local family met at a breakfast buffet and although we see each other all the time, we have so much fun together. The waitresses know we'll be there forever, so aren't surprised when we stay for 4 hours. I have no idea what we find to talk about. So, that took the morning. Then hubby and I had some basic errands to do...library, gas, refinance the house so we could afford to get gas , and a trip to J's to use my 20% off everything coupon.

There were a bunch of Fiskar stamps that I wanted and they were on clearance. A Nestie die jumped into my cart, along with some ink pads, and small paper pads of solid colors to use with Ms. Cameo.

Then we came home to find out the 'net wasn't working. Lots of playing around to figure out the culprit...the 'net, the PC, the modem or the router..or something else? Ran to BestBuy & bought a new router. Patient Hubby kept climbing up (we're both vertically challenged and the router & modem are up on top of the TV that's up on my office countertop), to try different things. Finally got it working and the wireless was working for his computer...then it quit. He ran to BB and bought a modem. More playing around.

Shut everything off...again...plugged in the old modem/new router, turned it all on and it's working good. Computers...bah humbug!

By then it was late and I was out of a scrappy mood. (Take the "s" off and you'll know the mood I was in.) Played some online games and went to bed.

With church, more family time and Sunday-laziness, no scrapping done. Maybe tomorrow. I still have lots of Valentines to get made! I've already run them through the printer, putting on my logo that I use on the backs, along with the month/year, so I can't save them to do next year!~Judy

Oh well, it sounds like you had a full weekend anyway. lol I am so glad you had fun with your family. I am sorry that you two were having computer issues. I am very glad you got them fixed. I can't believe we are so lost without one. lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I am organizing my supplies. It has been a challenge since post-holiday season!

I do hope that the organizing fairy stopped at your house so you got it done. lol IT is a mess after the holidays. :):)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:
Hope you are feeling better Linda and get to crop with your friends. I am going to crop at archiver's on Friday with my girlfriend and I cannot wait!!

OHH I love cropping at A's! My bff & I used to go weekly but we stopped during the summer due to her health & my moving. I hope you had a blast.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

OH gosh Kim, you always make me laugh!! I think you got everyone. lol Glad you are here.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Artfulscrapbooking

• Artfulscrapbooker Said:
Yay it's Friday!! I plan to finished up a layout thats in progress on my table!! (I got distracted with Valentines cards.) Then I'm hoping some scrappy supplies I ordered are going to show up on my door step today, so I can play with them over the weekend!! I hope you all have a fun crafty weekend!

my blog: http://artfulscrapbooking .wordpress.com/

Glad you are here!! I am so happy that you will actually be working on a page. lol I haven't finished a page since Oct I think. The heritage challenge took a holiday break & I was working on cards & we moved. I still need to finish the cards cause I got hurt. lol I have a page waiting for me though. Have fun I HOPE your order arrives today

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Sorry Judy!! Wasn't trying to add to yours--just trying to cover everyone I read in the last couple of pages.

Let me know when you're up to #10

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

I got my latest delivery from scrapbook.com....some organizing stuff! I had fun this afternoon organizing my inks and my chipboard pieces and labelling everything...
Now, I have to figure out how I want to reorganize all my tags.....
And I need to list, label, price all my stuff for the LSS yard sale....I'm getting rid of a bunch of stuff....

Alison

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

I got my latest delivery from scrapbook.com....some organizing stuff! I had fun this afternoon organizing my inks and my chipboard pieces and labelling everything...
Now, I have to figure out how I want to reorganize all my tags.....
And I need to list, label, price all my stuff for the LSS yard sale....I'm getting rid of a bunch of stuff....

Alison

Hey Alison, YEAH on getting new organizing stuff. I love the ink pad holder. I love the stickle one too. I bet it was fun to use it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have been going through some papers that have been piled in my scrap room for months. Stuff for my binders too. Now I am switching to actually cutting the hats for my snowman by punching them. I am so tired of those papers lol

short1sassy1
Tenant
short1sassy1
In response to anda11

I am 42 and we moved from our country acreage last May on Mem. weekend after living in the country for 16 yrs. raising our kids and still have one in high school. This was a hard thing to decide to do but it has given us so much more free time to do the things we want and to be together more. We moved to get closer to our jobs and school. No more OTR stuff anymore. Halleluiah. Take pics of your home and scrap them some day after you have adjusted to the move into the "new" house. It will be a comfort for you then. You will be fine and I totally understand about the leaving the old house behind. We did so much to the acreage over the last 16 yrs. LOTS of memories. But you make memories where-ever you go!
I'll be thinking about you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to short1sassy1

• short1sassy1 Said:
I am 42 and we moved from our country acreage last May on Mem. weekend after living in the country for 16 yrs. raising our kids and still have one in high school. This was a hard thing to decide to do but it has given us so much more free time to do the things we want and to be together more. We moved to get closer to our jobs and school. No more OTR stuff anymore. Halleluiah. Take pics of your home and scrap them some day after you have adjusted to the move into the "new" house. It will be a comfort for you then. You will be fine and I totally understand about the leaving the old house behind. We did so much to the acreage over the last 16 yrs. LOTS of memories. But you make memories where-ever you go!
I'll be thinking about you!

WELCOME!! Glad you are here. I am so glad that you are happy at your new move. I am glad you do not need to do more OTR. YOu are so right about haviing lots of pics & memories to scrap about those family homes. I do have lots of pics since it was my childhood home. Once we made the final decision, I was ok with it. Our home leaked in many rooms so dh had to get on the roof almost every time it rained. I was so worried about him doing that. WE had 2 acres that always needed something. WE are both thrilled to be here where our yard is small enough for us to care for it. There is nothing wrong with anything. Everything was replaced before she sold (sididng, roof, furnace, air, kitchen, bath, floors etc. We are both getting used to the fact that there is no work to be done anywhere in the yard or house. You are right..it frees up so much more time.
lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Ok, I punched my hats. they are done. Next I am going to see which part needs done first.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Yea for punched hats I just finished #1 daughter's valentine for tomorrow's party, and am trying to get inspired on her hubby's. I may be up all night since I have a long ways to go. Tomorrow we need to run to the library since some books are due, then I'll be cooking and planning some silly games. Oh...and I either need to make a card...or buy one...for our oldest granddaughter's 21st birthday which we're also celebrating tomorrow night. I may buy a card since I want it to say something nice for the big 2-1 and I think my brain is about thunked out of card sentiments. We'll see how the brain feels in the morning. OK...back to the card-making~Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to kiyawinn

Allison, I have the stamp pad holder too and I love it! The inserts for the TH pads are kind of hard to snap in, but just push hard. They will snap. I kept thinking I'd break one, but I never did. They work great for Jenny Bowlin ink pads too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Yea for punched hats I just finished #1 daughter's valentine for tomorrow's party, and am trying to get inspired on her hubby's. I may be up all night since I have a long ways to go. Tomorrow we need to run to the library since some books are due, then I'll be cooking and planning some silly games. Oh...and I either need to make a card...or buy one...for our oldest granddaughter's 21st birthday which we're also celebrating tomorrow night. I may buy a card since I want it to say something nice for the big 2-1 and I think my brain is about thunked out of card sentiments. We'll see how the brain feels in the morning. OK...back to the card-making~Judy

Yeah on getting your daughter's done. I hope you feel like finishing the other. Sometimes I buy cards too when I don't feel like making one.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Allison, I have the stamp pad holder too and I love it! The inserts for the TH pads are kind of hard to snap in, but just push hard. They will snap. I kept thinking I'd break one, but I never did. They work great for Jenny Bowlin ink pads too.

Sheryl,I am glad to know you like it too cause I really like the looks of it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

I'm almost done with s-i-l's, then "only" 6 more Valentines to go :>) No problem, it's only 10:15 here...and sleep is highly over-rated, right? ~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I'm almost done with s-i-l's, then "only" 6 more Valentines to go :>) No problem, it's only 10:15 here...and sleep is highly over-rated, right? ~Judy

YEAH JUDY Keep plugging away. I stay up many nights because I can't sleep some nights.
I did get all of those pinterest people done. :)I have to say that since I have been sick it is so entertaining to check out pinterest.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to anda11

Hello everyone. I am glad it is the weekend. My "paperwork" includes starting on Easter cards and replenishing my stash of sympathy cards. Have a new set of Spellbinders to take out of the package and start using.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
Hello everyone. I am glad it is the weekend. My "paperwork" includes starting on Easter cards and replenishing my stash of sympathy cards. Have a new set of Spellbinders to take out of the package and start using.

Glad you will be here too. Hey You are the 1st one talking about Easter cards lol I do hope you get you stash refillled.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to anda11

Going sledding with DGS today. Not sure any scrapping will be done this weekend

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-16-13 10:13 AM
In response to prittb

Judy, did you get your valentines made? I hope you had time to snap some pictures before everyone gets there! I'd love to see them!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

Yes! I want to see some cards, too!

Just got back from taking my son to a "science explorers" class....
I need to organize his schooling for the coming week. Maybe, I'll get some scrapping done tomorrow.
I really need to get my Project Life album from 2012 done! I hate unfinished projects....

Alison

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

Those are adorable invites Maria!! I love scallop cards. I love everything. YOu did a fab job. I didn't see it in your gallery to leave love.

That's okay, I wasn't on my computer but a borrowed one. I don't save things to other peoples' computers, even if it was my grandpa's. I have my own now, and will go in later and upload it to my gallery. First and foremost, getting Cricut Craft Room to work in Windows 8.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:

Easter cards? I usually don't send those out, just Christmas cards, which I usually start in July or so. I make Valentines, but was lacking in mojo to make some, and I was lacking in time to go scrappy shopping. Darn work.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

My goal for the weekend was to straighten my scraproom back up. It's gotten a little out of hand lately; however, I'm not feeling really well, so it's still on the back burner! By the way, "Mrs. Driver", I prefer to think people are saying, "Wow! She thought so much of me that she took the time to make me a one-of-a-kind card instead of just running to the store for a pre-made one!" (Whether they do or not!)

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
Going sledding with DGS today. Not sure any scrapping will be done this weekend

Hey betty, sledding with grandkids trumps scrapping. lol I sure miss the kids sledding & I my kids are not married yet so no grandkids yet. :)at least you will be able to scrap it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Judy, did you get your valentines made? I hope you had time to snap some pictures before everyone gets there! I'd love to see them!

I totally agree..

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Yes! I want to see some cards, too!

Just got back from taking my son to a "science explorers" class....
I need to organize his schooling for the coming week. Maybe, I'll get some scrapping done tomorrow.
I really need to get my Project Life album from 2012 done! I hate unfinished projects....

Alison

Alison, I do hope you will be able to work on something tomorrow. You will feel so much better when done.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • anda11 Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

That's okay, I wasn't on my computer but a borrowed one. I don't save things to other peoples' computers, even if it was my grandpa's. I have my own now, and will go in later and upload it to my gallery. First and foremost, getting Cricut Craft Room to work in Windows 8.

don't rush to upload... I will see it later. :

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
My goal for the weekend was to straighten my scraproom back up. It's gotten a little out of hand lately; however, I'm not feeling really well, so it's still on the back burner! By the way, "Mrs. Driver", I prefer to think people are saying, "Wow! She thought so much of me that she took the time to make me a one-of-a-kind card instead of just running to the store for a pre-made one!" (Whether they do or not!)

I am sorry you are not feeling well. It will be there later when you are up to it. YOu are so right to think that way about the homemade cards.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Good afternoon dear friends, I am going to keep working on my cards.

Diva
In response to short1sassy1

Organizing and labeling stuff in the scrapbook room. Many bigs projects coming up and want to maximize time and energy!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• bayamonesa1 Said:
Organizing and labeling stuff in the scrapbook room. Many bigs projects coming up and want to maximize time and energy!

You are so right about it being much faster after organizing. I hope you get it done soon so you can create.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Hi guys, I am going to keep plugging away at these cards. cause I am so tired of talking about them. lol I am also going to see if I can find the few layouts I was planning before we moved. They may be in several places like drawers & artbin boxes. I was in a huge rush & I had to use the artbins for my bling & stuff so it may all be a few pages here & a few there.

Diva
In response to anda11

Amen!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-19-13 09:54 AM

Morning all I'm still working on my wedding album. It is taking forever and I'm antsy to have it done and move onto something new. BUT... I'm not even nearly done. If I had to guess I'd say I'm maybe at 15-20%. I keep having to resist the urge to throw some pages together just to get through it quicker, but I know I won't be happy with them and would end up redoing them. I wish I could whip out 3-4 pages per day... I know there are some here who can do that and still have a ton of detail. I need them to come to my house and help me with mine. LOL!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

who has their cards done already?! Linda?! Judy?! Not me (and I'm talking Valentines OR Christmas!)

I went to a crop on Saturday and made a cool cover using foil and paint for my smash/art journal and made another cool cover with paint and embossing powder on my daily art journal. There wasn't time left for me to do anything else

Jarvae-sometimes when I feel like that with a project, I'll put it to the side and work on something different. The change of pace might refresh the mojo.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-19-13 11:09 AM
In response to Kim222

Kim, normally I would do that. In fact, I did make a card a few weeks ago. But I can't really put my wedding stuff "away". I don't have a scraproom, so I have 4 big tables set up in my living room and all my wedding stuff is on them. They are COVERED in stuff. Tons of papers, embellies, memorabilia, plus of course all my photos. The only way I can put it away is to put it in banker's boxes down in the garage and it's a long time before I get them back. Right now, all my 'other' stuff is down there and I can't get to it without taking out about half the stuff in the garage. We are going to be moving soon and I'll have a real scraproom, but until then, if I want to scrap at all, it kind of needs to be this album. So I am just pouting and whining but in the end I'll be very happy once I have this album done and i'll be glad I pushed through. LOL

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:

who has their cards done already?! Linda?! Judy?! Not me (and I'm talking Valentines OR Christmas!)

Well, I gave up on Christmas cards and bought some nice ones. They were just what I wanted anyway, so I was happy :>) However, I keep thinking that if I were smart (which is very debatable!) I would begin Christmas cards NOW. I can't decide if I want to make the ones that Linda is working on, or some snowman/windowpane ones I saw on Youtube...or something different

I had a bunch of Valentines I wanted to make, but only did about half of them, well, maybe a quarter What's sad, is I always print a little logo, date & my name on the back of cards before making them. I did this to all the cards I had planned to make, so now I have a bunch I won't use that are dated Feb., 2013. I always want to play around with cards, so I'll use these for playing, or cut them up and use bits and pieces. Eventually I'll get my cards uploaded since I at least took time to get photos of them.~Judy

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

hi guys, I am just checking in.... I am so happy because I am packing to go meet my friend at the scrap store that is 3 miles from me tomorrow morniing. I found the one box that had pages i had started so I am now working on them to make sure they are all there. I forget what I did so thankfully I found the sketches I used.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to anda11

Day off today. I can't get my Cricut and my new computer to work together. I'm going to have to start on L'il Bits' party decor soon and I will just have to not use the computer.

I went with a couple of girlfriends to lunch and consignment shopping. They had a table of scrappy goodness, but there was no scrappy goodness to be had. None. There were two 12x12 albums, but they were the old kind, not the top-loading or side-loading kind I use.

I did get L'il Bits a pair of pink glittery dress shoes to match the pink dress she chose for the 3rd grade program and Easter. And they had some new-in-package kids' craft stuff I got to put back for her birthday, so the day wasn't a complete loss.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to anda11

Have fun with your friend tomorrow, Linda...and also have fun working on something besides snowman cards After the hassles of moving and being sick, you deserve to have some fun time with your friend.~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Have fun with your friend tomorrow, Linda...and also have fun working on something besides snowman cards After the hassles of moving and being sick, you deserve to have some fun time with your friend.~Judy

What she said!! Enjoy your day

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my bad... stupid me confused the days. lol It is tomorrow not today. That is great because I wasn't totally ready anyway. lol I can't wait till the morning. lol

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

I am now in the middle of an ABC album, a 6x12 project using an alphabet card set by October Afternoon and a bunch of photographs from my childhood. I'm 10 letters into it right now.

I'm also planning for some layouts of a Lego architecture exhibit we went to a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the paper I want for it (black lego by Paper Wizard) isn't available anywhere - I've Googled all kinds of ways for it and the only place I found that has it in stock charges $2 a sheet plus $20 for flat-rate shipping to the US. No thanks. I might check Archiver's for it, but my hopes are not high. If anything they'll have the Creative Imaginations black Lego paper, and I'd rather avoid that, not a fan of the red design on the right edge. (And I don't want a bright color paper, due to the nature of the exhibit - lots of darks and whites and grays in a fairly dark room.)

Edited by aquabunny on 02-21-13 07:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-21-13 08:39 AM
In response to aquabunny

Going to the expo
and I'm...
gonna get scra-a-a-py.

Going to the expo
and I'm...
gonna get scra-a-a-py.

Goin...
to the scrapbook...
expoooooo...

(to the tune of Goin to the chapel)

Diva
In response to Vae

OMG! have fun at the expo!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to aquabunny

Bunny—You don't have a wide format printer, do you? Then you could make your background paper anything you wanted. If you don't, could you make it in pieces and cover the "joints" with pictures or matting or something? I have tons of paper and hardly ever use it (but I keep buying it!), because I like making my own backgrounds.

Jarvae—Any plans for this weekend, or are you just going to hang-out around the house? :>) (Have fun!)

Linda—Hope TODAY you're having a fun scrappy day with your friend!~Judy

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I am going to enjoy the snow day... district called off school. Paper therapy weekend starting a day early. Have an idea for a card for a sister~~~~~"laundry queen"

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics