Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to gluemore girl

Where did the weekend go? Of course, husband is off tomorrow, and I have to get up at 5 a.m. We're both off Thursday, and work Friday and Saturday.

Remember I would go out to a crop every so often? Well, the lady has moved her shop out of her house, and into a store! Yippee! One of these days.....

I just puttered; had to write checks/pay bills.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I was getting sad about being the 1st time thanksgiving with my son since he moved he is coming home in the beginning of December

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am already filling out my sons xmas card and his birthday card so I Can give it to him when he arrives. I wrote about his magazine gifts too I sure can't wait to see him

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Finally bought some Xmas gifts. Usually I have them bought already. I bought some readers for my BFF that she admired but they were too pricey she said, So I went back and got them and plan on making a eyeglass case for them. i think I have a great plan on the few gifts I buy.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

that is great you can never be too early to buy gifts for t he holidays

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Where did the weekend go? Of course, husband is off tomorrow, and I have to get up at 5 a.m. We're both off Thursday, and work Friday and Saturday.

Remember I would go out to a crop every so often? Well, the lady has moved her shop out of her house, and into a store! Yippee! One of these days.....

I just puttered; had to write checks/pay bills.

I agree about the weekend
that is so excitibg that your crop is in a store now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning
Wow, Linda, sounds like your Thanksgiving will be yummy. It did sneak up on us this year, didn't it?
I got a few things and will check what I need for during the week and put DH and DS in charge of shopping. I'll cook on Thanksgiving Day. I don't make a lot and I don't cook beforehand. I'll be working every day til then.

Got some LO's uploaded to the Gallery this morning so if you'd like to take a look feel free...

I agree It sure looks yummy we do not do much anymore for all holidays I am sorry that you have to work every day

I will check out your gallery now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Oh Maria I left love on all your new wonderful pages in your gallery

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am checking in again

Edited by anda11 on 11-19-18 03:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I finished my Happiness Box 2017 scrapbook! WOOHOO!

I found a Baltimore Ravens scrapbook on Amazon for $15. I'm going to get it for dad, then place the photos in. I already had a football scrapbook, but I know to buy stickers and some other papers, it'll exceed $15. I'll save the football scrapbook for something else. I know my dad will want to put the scrapbook on his bar and it's a Ravens theme; the Ravens themed scrapbook will go well.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to pierced_scrapper

Good Morning~
Busy week but looking forward to having us all together for the holiday. DH or DS is going to go shopping for me either today or tomorrow. I'll cook a few dishes on Thanksgiving as it will be just the 4 of us. We are planning a movie day on the sofa!

Linda, Thanks for the gallery love. I have been enjoying the page kit process for making them. It really frees me up to just play at a crop instead of searching through my stash while I'm there.
Glad you will have your family together soon. You sound excited like me.

Jess, Congrats on finishing your 2017 album! What a great accomplishment. Great score on the Ravens album. Was that the team you went to see with him?

Southgirl, I've not gone shopping yet for Christmas. I will see what the kids want/need and get it for them online. I have a couple of ideas for my friends though.

Suebird, The weekends never go by slowly. Glad you and DH will have the holiday off together.

Have a good day all!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I finished my Happiness Box 2017 scrapbook! WOOHOO!

I found a Baltimore Ravens scrapbook on Amazon for $15. I'm going to get it for dad, then place the photos in. I already had a football scrapbook, but I know to buy stickers and some other papers, it'll exceed $15. I'll save the football scrapbook for something else. I know my dad will want to put the scrapbook on his bar and it's a Ravens theme; the Ravens themed scrapbook will go well.

congrats on finishing your one happiness box
that is awesome you found a scrapbook for your dad on Amizon he will love it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning~
Busy week but looking forward to having us all together for the holiday. DH or DS is going to go shopping for me either today or tomorrow. I'll cook a few dishes on Thanksgiving as it will be just the 4 of us. We are planning a movie day on the sofa!

Linda, Thanks for the gallery love. I have been enjoying the page kit process for making them. It really frees me up to just play at a crop instead of searching through my stash while I'm there.
Glad you will have your family together soon. You sound excited like me.

Jess, Congrats on finishing your 2017 album! What a great accomplishment. Great score on the Ravens album. Was that the team you went to see with him?

Southgirl, I've not gone shopping yet for Christmas. I will see what the kids want/need and get it for them online. I have a couple of ideas for my friends though.

Suebird, The weekends never go by slowly. Glad you and DH will have the holiday off together.

Have a good day all!

that is great that you will have both kids there ewe are having 4 too a movie day sounds nice
you are welcome

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Thank you everyone!

Yes, that was the game we saw back in September! I didn't order it yet - it's been a rough week with expenses. Target charged me twice for an item and I'm waiting for a refund. However, it was the week all of my checks cleared and now I'm $52 in the hole. Friday is pay-day from my full-time job and I know I will have bank fees because of these overdrafts. I have a bill I'm paying off. UGH. I was gifted an Amazon gift card and might have to use the gift card. I need a new job, one that pays a livable wage.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Thank you everyone!

Yes, that was the game we saw back in September! I didn't order it yet - it's been a rough week with expenses. Target charged me twice for an item and I'm waiting for a refund. However, it was the week all of my checks cleared and now I'm $52 in the hole. Friday is pay-day from my full-time job and I know I will have bank fees because of these overdrafts. I have a bill I'm paying off. UGH. I was gifted an Amazon gift card and might have to use the gift card. I need a new job, one that pays a livable wage.

I am so sorry that you have money issues it is sure stressful

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I hope that everyone has a happy thanksgiving

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I will admit that I did travel this year, but honestly, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I tried doing more of what I love this year for my health and it worked in dividends. I truly need something else that will allow me to afford my needs and some of my wants - travel being the only want. I might look in the travel field and it might be able to transfer me to where I want to live too.

Sometimes I feel like people judge me for my travelling and crafting, but I've analyzed my income and most of my income goes to transit to and from work. My job isn't in my degree field, it's not what I want to do, and it doesn't pay, it's time to move on and I hope I can in 2019.

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I will admit that I did travel this year, but honestly, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I tried doing more of what I love this year for my health and it worked in dividends. I truly need something else that will allow me to afford my needs and some of my wants - travel being the only want. I might look in the travel field and it might be able to transfer me to where I want to live too.

Sometimes I feel like people judge me for my travelling and crafting, but I've analyzed my income and most of my income goes to transit to and from work. My job isn't in my degree field, it's not what I want to do, and it doesn't pay, it's time to move on and I hope I can in 2019.

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

if traveling makes you happy then you shoold do it no matter what. it does not matter what others say if you enjoy it then do it

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

That's true. I mostly took day trips this year, but I did take an extended vacation in July. I saw some friends I hadn't seen in two years and that trip warmed my heart. We shared laughs and stories. When I open Happiness Box 2018, I can't wait to scrapbook those memories!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that your day is enjoyed!

Edited by pierced_scrapper on 11-22-18 05:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
That's true. I mostly took day trips this year, but I did take an extended vacation in July. I saw some friends I hadn't seen in two years and that trip warmed my heart. We shared laughs and stories. When I open Happiness Box 2018, I can't wait to scrapbook those memories!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that your day is enjoyed!

I still think you should do it no matter what anyone says

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Here is my banner, finally done!

Halloween banner By Southgirl

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Here is my banner, finally done!

Halloween banner By Southgirl

I left love on this awesome banner hon I love everything on it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

we are wainting for my daughter to come over but it will be soon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

she was going to cook everything here but made it at her house so the macaroni is done and they are peeling the potatos now so it will be soon we are so grateful to have her do that so we have a nice dinner

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my son callled to wish a happy thanksgiving and it was nice to talk to him

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

That's true.

Anda, I'm glad that your son called and that you had some company. I hope your day continues to turn out lovely.

Southgirl, I love your banner!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
That's true.

Anda, I'm glad that your son called and that you had some company. I hope your day continues to turn out lovely.

Southgirl, I love your banner!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

it was so nice that she is making it at her home. it is wonderfu,.l tio make us have a wonderful dinnner

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

she said she was always going to make the dinner today since Dave is still sick she is one her way soon

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
DD brought home a friend who could not get home to her family so we have very nice company. I made dinner and did not burn or dry out anything so that is good! Got a couple of pictures. I'm tired but full and satisfied.

Jess, you should travel if it's what you love to do. I hope you find a good job situation that lets you do that. My DD has the travel bug and goes almost every year somewhere different.

Linda, Glad your DD is making dinner for you and Dave. Hope your hearts and tummies are full.

Southgirl, The banner turned out wonderful.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
DD brought home a friend who could not get home to her family so we have very nice company. I made dinner and did not burn or dry out anything so that is good! Got a couple of pictures. I'm tired but full and satisfied.

Jess, you should travel if it's what you love to do. I hope you find a good job situation that lets you do that. My DD has the travel bug and goes almost every year somewhere different.

Linda, Glad your DD is making dinner for you and Dave. Hope your hearts and tummies are full.

Southgirl, The banner turned out wonderful.

I am glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving glad you dd brought a freind too glad you did not burn your dinner
our dinner was lovely she had a lot of stuff... which was tasty
dave was sick again and feels nauseaus so he did not eat anything at all I told her that she did not need to leave food but she did plus she did all the dishes too before she left I could not thank her enough for everything she did

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

That's partly why I'm either looking into teaching abroad or working in a hostel. Apparently, both pay decently and it's a chance for travel.

I might look into hotel chains here. My uncle's twin brother works for a high end chain and has lived in several countries since he has to for business. I might research that too and I live in a tourism heavy area, I probably could make the same amount I'm making now without the cost of Lyft. That would be a win since transit to and from work eats up so much of my money. I'm going to apply for everything I am qualified for and see what sticks.

I am cat sitting for my library co-worker and it was a very peaceful night last night. I'm hoping by Sunday, when my co-worker gets home, mom is cooled down.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
That's partly why I'm either looking into teaching abroad or working in a hostel. Apparently, both pay decently and it's a chance for travel.

I might look into hotel chains here. My uncle's twin brother works for a high end chain and has lived in several countries since he has to for business. I might research that too and I live in a tourism heavy area, I probably could make the same amount I'm making now without the cost of Lyft. That would be a win since transit to and from work eats up so much of my money. I'm going to apply for everything I am qualified for and see what sticks.

I am cat sitting for my library co-worker and it was a very peaceful night last night. I'm hoping by Sunday, when my co-worker gets home, mom is cooled down.

that all sounds wonderful and a answer to your problem

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I Got all of my heritage challenge January done

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning
Linda, sorry Dave was feeling nauseous, hope he is better now.

Jess, Definitely look into the travel focused jobs. I hope it all works out for you.

Kids are still home but one goes back later today and the other tomorrow. It's been nice to have them around. Hoping I can round them up to decorate our tree today.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Linda, I hope that Dave is feeling better.

I think I will look into travel careers.

Yesterday I went ice skating, the outdoor rink is opened for the season and I did well. I have a few photos to add to the Happiness Box. I can't wait to open it and scrapbook the contents in January.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning
Linda, sorry Dave was feeling nauseous, hope he is better now.

Jess, Definitely look into the travel focused jobs. I hope it all works out for you.

Kids are still home but one goes back later today and the other tomorrow. It's been nice to have them around. Hoping I can round them up to decorate our tree today.

his dr called hiim told him what tp do ansd he did it and feels a bit better and is able to eat now tthankfully

I Hope that you can get your tree up before they leave

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Linda, I hope that Dave is feeling better.

I think I will look into travel careers.

Yesterday I went ice skating, the outdoor rink is opened for the season and I did well. I have a few photos to add to the Happiness Box. I can't wait to open it and scrapbook the contents in January.

thanks hon. the dr called him and told him what to do and it helped a bit and he is able to eat thankfully
I am glad that you did well when you went ice skating

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Spent the day at home with both the kids yesterday. Made turkey croquettes with leftover turkey. It's a favorite of DS's that my MIL used to make. Both kids gave me seal of approval.
DS headed back to school and DH, DD and I took a ride to see Christmas lights in a park. It was nice. Got the tree decorated but ran out of steam and will finish today.

Linda, glad Dave is feeling better.
Jess, I love ice skating! How fun for you!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Spent the day at home with both the kids yesterday. Made turkey croquettes with leftover turkey. It's a favorite of DS's that my MIL used to make. Both kids gave me seal of approval.
DS headed back to school and DH, DD and I took a ride to see Christmas lights in a park. It was nice. Got the tree decorated but ran out of steam and will finish today.

Linda, glad Dave is feeling better.
Jess, I love ice skating! How fun for you!

I am so glad that you were able to spend more time with your kids an d do somethi ng they liked

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Spent the afternoon making page kits with my friends. We all brought paper and embellishments and had a blast. We each got between 5-8 page kits made. It was fun.
House is back to normal and decked out for the holiday.

Linda, Hope you and Dave are doing well.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Spent the afternoon making page kits with my friends. We all brought paper and embellishments and had a blast. We each got between 5-8 page kits made. It was fun.
House is back to normal and decked out for the holiday.

Linda, Hope you and Dave are doing well.

I am so glad that you had a blast making page kits with your freinds the dr called dave and told him what to do about the nauses feeling and it has been working and he is able to eat thankfully

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am checking in this weds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am checking in again

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Hi
Had my foot surgery today and pain is under control.
I'm recuperating in my scrap/spare bedroom so it's kinda like fantasy island.
I pulled a couple of my page kits with photos and picked out sketches.
It was an relaxing and easy thing to do.

Linda,hope Dave is feeling well.
Hi to everyone!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Gluemore, speedy recovery! I hope your healing process continues to be pain-free.

Linda, I hope Dave is doing well.

Dad's Ravens album came in and I placed 12 of the photos. Since the scrapbook is premade, I was surprised it came with extra embellishments. I can't add them since they would make the pages look too busy, so I'm keeping the embellishments in the album. That way when I can take dad to a divisional game against the Steelers next year, I can make a scrapbook with those stickers. I have extra photos from this game, so I am going to keep them in the envelope and place the envelope at the end of the album, along with a print out of the ticket.

Most bills have been paid and now ugh again. I have another bill due on Saturday, which I'll use half of the library pay. It's going to be a very tight week next week, but at least I only have 4 working days since I have an event next Wednesday. I'm working the library all day next Thursday and I can walk there. Just hoping I won't overdraw again -- my dental premium doubled to $38/month and I'm hoping it won't hit my account until next Thursday.

I'm hoping come the new year I can get a new job. My doctor's appointment is next Friday and I am hoping my gastro can give me "you're gluten sensitive, keep up your diet" over the phone. I look forward to reading and scrapbooking.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning!
Had a rough couple of days but doing okay today. Have been sleeping well and pain has pretty much been under control.
I've been watching scrapbook process videos and getting more ideas of how to use my stash.
I may assemble a LO or 2 today.

Jess, Sorry things are tight for you and hope it loosens up soon. Sounds like a good plan with your Dad's album. I made my Dad a Disney album for when we took him to Disney with the kids (it was a first and only time for all of us). He loved it.

Linda, Hope things are going okay. Did you get all your Christmas cards done? I'm still trying to figure out what to do for mine.

Happy December!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Good morning!

GG, I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. I'm sore now from skating - the rink was crowded with teens on their phones, cutting in front of everyone and I had to break more than usual. Since I hurt myself two years ago, I don't play around with foolishness on the ice. However, breaking makes me sore and I ended up leaving a half an hour later. It's better to go in early evening on Fridays.

I called the gastro's office and they are having her call me. I know she'll tell me to continue what I'm doing, but it's frustrating that it's not automatic for her to call. I'm thinking of finding a new gastro in 2019.

I'm off from the library on Saturdays in December. I have baking and cleaning and visiting to do. Later, I'll post some photos of dad's album.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning!
I got a LO done yesterday along with some computer work.
I also managed going down to the kitchen and back up without help so I'm getting stronger. Online Christmas shopping is happening as well.

Jess, I loved ice skating and went about 8 years ago last. I used to skate at a flooded baseball field. They did that all the time when I was a kid. Now, there are a few indoor and outdoor rinks that are for public use, but as you said, more crowded.
Unfortunately, there are very few Dr's that will personally call their patients today. It was the norm at one time but they are mostly overwhelmed and the Dr's younger than 40 probably never even heard of doing that. The most important thing is to have a good relationship when you are present and that you are being heard.
Enjoy your Saturdays off and looking forward to seeing your pages.

Linda, Hope you are okay. Check in when you can.

Edited by gluemore girl on 12-02-18 05:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I went to a friends house yesterday and played with her new Todo. It foils using dies, metal embossing plates and embossing folders. It also does ink pressing. I have a Go Press and Foil machine that I like. But I have to admit that the Todo performs better, consistently. The only drawback is it is much bigger, heavier machine than my Go Press.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

I want to find a new doctor because I want a second opinion. Before I go for an invasive biopsy, I want a second opinion. Imaging only shows fat, it ruled out anything was wrong with the bile ducts. The number for autoimmune was borderline and I guess that's why she wants to do a biopsy, but I think if I had liver issues other than fat, I would be showing it by now. Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in my family, that shares the same marker as autoimmune liver disease, it can also affect the liver, I might see if I can get tested for RA.

I finally uploaded the photos of dad's Ravens album. I sure hope he likes it.

Dad and I meeting the Ravens

Happy December and Happy Hanukkah to all those that celebrate.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning
Started working on another LO. Will finish that and then start a couple of mini-books for Christmas gifts.
I really do need to get my LO's into albums and will try that with some help this weekend.

Southgirl, that Todo machine does look big and bulky. Not something you'd carry to a crop. But if it's something you'd use a lot, go for it?

Jess, A second opinion is always a good idea. Love the album! Your Dad will really love it too. What a great gift that you felt your time together was special.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

I heard from my gastro and I have evidence of celiac. It's not much, but there is more than a possibility that it'll get worse as I age. I am definitely gluten sensitive and have to keep on my diet. She wants to see me in a year to check my nutrition.

Thank you! I look on that day fondly. Mom has been in a bad mood for the past few days; she told me to move the f out last night while drinking and she's in a foul mood tonight. I am going to take any job I can get around here, then plan for 2020 to teach. She says she's going to move to Virginia and I should get on my game for saving. I don't believe her, but I think it's her way of putting a kabash on my travelling. I had to cancel a day trip to NYC to see a friend. For some reason she doesn't like me travelling.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I will stick with my Go Press and Foil. I have a friend that is selling her Explore and her press machine. I am going to pass on both. Soooo over Cricut. I have more machines than I truly need.

Finished The eyeglass case for my BFF and working on her daughter one. I did my BFF's in a beach theme. Will do her daughter on the 50's theme. Pictures will follow.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to southgirl

I think the library has a Cricut, the children's department uses it and it does look like a neat machine. Once I am on my own, I might check out different machines. Do the machines make scrapbooking easier?

Dad couldn't pick me up from the library tonight because of mom. He said, "will you be okay when we move?" I said yes. She then said, "better start saving. I'm not cooking any more." She turned away, dad winked. I think he called her bluff. She's not going to do anything. I'm going to find a new job and i might look in Asia to teach first, then move to target country from there. In a year, I can do this. She isn't going to do anything and I'm staying focused for 2020.

She then asked if I was looking for a job that pays for a living wage so that way I can move. She didn't mention around here, so I am free to go anywhere I want. I wonder what the wink meant? I wonder if that meant dad was calling her bluff or that things will blow over and I'll be okay?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again my son is coming this week I cant wait to see him

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Hi
Had my foot surgery today and pain is under control.
I'm recuperating in my scrap/spare bedroom so it's kinda like fantasy island.
I pulled a couple of my page kits with photos and picked out sketches.
It was an relaxing and easy thing to do.

Linda,hope Dave is feeling well.
Hi to everyone!

I sure hope that your pain stays away I think that you recovering in your s ******** room is genioous I did not know you were going to have foot surgery

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Gluemore, speedy recovery! I hope your healing process continues to be pain-free.

Linda, I hope Dave is doing well.

Dad's Ravens album came in and I placed 12 of the photos. Since the scrapbook is premade, I was surprised it came with extra embellishments. I can't add them since they would make the pages look too busy, so I'm keeping the embellishments in the album. That way when I can take dad to a divisional game against the Steelers next year, I can make a scrapbook with those stickers. I have extra photos from this game, so I am going to keep them in the envelope and place the envelope at the end of the album, along with a print out of the ticket.

Most bills have been paid and now ugh again. I have another bill due on Saturday, which I'll use half of the library pay. It's going to be a very tight week next week, but at least I only have 4 working days since I have an event next Wednesday. I'm working the library all day next Thursday and I can walk there. Just hoping I won't overdraw again -- my dental premium doubled to $38/month and I'm hoping it won't hit my account until next Thursday.

I'm hoping come the new year I can get a new job. My doctor's appointment is next Friday and I am hoping my gastro can give me "you're gluten sensitive, keep up your diet" over the phone. I look forward to reading and scrapbooking.

Thank you
I am glad that your dads album came in and you are putting photos in it I am sorry that you are having a tight week again
I sure hope that you are able to find a new job in the new year hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
Had a rough couple of days but doing okay today. Have been sleeping well and pain has pretty much been under control.
I've been watching scrapbook process videos and getting more ideas of how to use my stash.
I may assemble a LO or 2 today.

Jess, Sorry things are tight for you and hope it loosens up soon. Sounds like a good plan with your Dad's album. I made my Dad a Disney album for when we took him to Disney with the kids (it was a first and only time for all of us). He loved it.

Linda, Hope things are going okay. Did you get all your Christmas cards done? I'm still trying to figure out what to do for mine.

Happy December!

I am sop sorry that you had a rough couple days hon I am glad you are sleeping well and that your pain is being managed

I have not gotten my cards done yet. if you can't do yours then don't worry about it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Good morning!

GG, I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. I'm sore now from skating - the rink was crowded with teens on their phones, cutting in front of everyone and I had to break more than usual. Since I hurt myself two years ago, I don't play around with foolishness on the ice. However, breaking makes me sore and I ended up leaving a half an hour later. It's better to go in early evening on Fridays.

I called the gastro's office and they are having her call me. I know she'll tell me to continue what I'm doing, but it's frustrating that it's not automatic for her to call. I'm thinking of finding a new gastro in 2019.

I'm off from the library on Saturdays in December. I have baking and cleaning and visiting to do. Later, I'll post some photos of dad's album.

I am so sorry that you are sore from skating
I would expect your gastro to call you.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
I got a LO done yesterday along with some computer work.
I also managed going down to the kitchen and back up without help so I'm getting stronger. Online Christmas shopping is happening as well.

Jess, I loved ice skating and went about 8 years ago last. I used to skate at a flooded baseball field. They did that all the time when I was a kid. Now, there are a few indoor and outdoor rinks that are for public use, but as you said, more crowded.
Unfortunately, there are very few Dr's that will personally call their patients today. It was the norm at one time but they are mostly overwhelmed and the Dr's younger than 40 probably never even heard of doing that. The most important thing is to have a good relationship when you are present and that you are being heard.
Enjoy your Saturdays off and looking forward to seeing your pages.

Linda, Hope you are okay. Check in when you can.

I am so glad that you got a layout done I am glad that you are shopping online too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I went to a friends house yesterday and played with her new Todo. It foils using dies, metal embossing plates and embossing folders. It also does ink pressing. I have a Go Press and Foil machine that I like. But I have to admit that the Todo performs better, consistently. The only drawback is it is much bigger, heavier machine than my Go Press.

I am glad that you went to check out the new machine at your freindds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I want to find a new doctor because I want a second opinion. Before I go for an invasive biopsy, I want a second opinion. Imaging only shows fat, it ruled out anything was wrong with the bile ducts. The number for autoimmune was borderline and I guess that's why she wants to do a biopsy, but I think if I had liver issues other than fat, I would be showing it by now. Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in my family, that shares the same marker as autoimmune liver disease, it can also affect the liver, I might see if I can get tested for RA.

I finally uploaded the photos of dad's Ravens album. I sure hope he likes it.

Dad and I meeting the Ravens

Happy December and Happy Hanukkah to all those that celebrate.

I do not blame you for wanting a second opinion from your drs.
that album looks great I am sure he will love it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning
Started working on another LO. Will finish that and then start a couple of mini-books for Christmas gifts.
I really do need to get my LO's into albums and will try that with some help this weekend.

Southgirl, that Todo machine does look big and bulky. Not something you'd carry to a crop. But if it's something you'd use a lot, go for it?

Jess, A second opinion is always a good idea. Love the album! Your Dad will really love it too. What a great gift that you felt your time together was special.

I am glad that you worked on another layout I am glad you are making some mini albums for xmas gifts this year
if you need help to put your pages in your album I am sure someone will help

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I heard from my gastro and I have evidence of celiac. It's not much, but there is more than a possibility that it'll get worse as I age. I am definitely gluten sensitive and have to keep on my diet. She wants to see me in a year to check my nutrition.

Thank you! I look on that day fondly. Mom has been in a bad mood for the past few days; she told me to move the f out last night while drinking and she's in a foul mood tonight. I am going to take any job I can get around here, then plan for 2020 to teach. She says she's going to move to Virginia and I should get on my game for saving. I don't believe her, but I think it's her way of putting a kabash on my travelling. I had to cancel a day trip to NYC to see a friend. For some reason she doesn't like me travelling.

I am glad that they called you back I am sorry yourr mom is being mean again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I will stick with my Go Press and Foil. I have a friend that is selling her Explore and her press machine. I am going to pass on both. Soooo over Cricut. I have more machines than I truly need.

Finished The eyeglass case for my BFF and working on her daughter one. I did my BFF's in a beach theme. Will do her daughter on the 50's theme. Pictures will follow.

I don't blame you some people do nnot like CRicut anymore
Iam glad you finished the eyeglass case and are working on another

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I think the library has a Cricut, the children's department uses it and it does look like a neat machine. Once I am on my own, I might check out different machines. Do the machines make scrapbooking easier?

Dad couldn't pick me up from the library tonight because of mom. He said, "will you be okay when we move?" I said yes. She then said, "better start saving. I'm not cooking any more." She turned away, dad winked. I think he called her bluff. She's not going to do anything. I'm going to find a new job and i might look in Asia to teach first, then move to target country from there. In a year, I can do this. She isn't going to do anything and I'm staying focused for 2020.

She then asked if I was looking for a job that pays for a living wage so that way I can move. She didn't mention around here, so I am free to go anywhere I want. I wonder what the wink meant? I wonder if that meant dad was calling her bluff or that things will blow over and I'll be okay?

a lot of people have the Cricut there are other machines too I have a Cameo it definitely makes mine scrapping easier.

I am so sorry that your mom is being mean

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Hey All
I got a 2 page LO completed of DS's road trip. Started organizing some of the new paper I've been collecting and also got LO's organized to go into albums. I want to get my table cleaned off for Saturday's crop with my friends.

Linda, So glad to hear from you and hope you are okay. Did you write out all your Christmas cards? I need to commit to doing a card or not this year and time is running out!

Jess, Sorry that your Mom is tough on you but sounds like your Dad is understanding. It's got to be so tough to be dependent on them. The cricut or silhouette machines allow you to cut your own dies. It gives you more bang for your buck in the long run and you can cut items in the exact colors you need.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Hey All
I got a 2 page LO completed of DS's road trip. Started organizing some of the new paper I've been collecting and also got LO's organized to go into albums. I want to get my table cleaned off for Saturday's crop with my friends.

Linda, So glad to hear from you and hope you are okay. Did you write out all your Christmas cards? I need to commit to doing a card or not this year and time is running out!

Jess, Sorry that your Mom is tough on you but sounds like your Dad is understanding. It's got to be so tough to be dependent on them. The cricut or silhouette machines allow you to cut your own dies. It gives you more bang for your buck in the long run and you can cut items in the exact colors you need.

I am glad you got a coople pages done
My son was here today he went to sleep now it was great to see him

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my son is coming back sometime I am so glad

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have a xmas gift and birthday gift for my son I THink he will love it

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
Had a good day yesterday with energy. I tackled some paperwork and did an online education class. I got some housekeeping done as well and cleaned off my scrap table, re-arranged the table orientation so I have room for my friends on Saturday. (I had someone help me move the table, lol).

Linda, So glad your son is with you! You've been missing him so much.

TGIF everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
Had a good day yesterday with energy. I tackled some paperwork and did an online education class. I got some housekeeping done as well and cleaned off my scrap table, re-arranged the table orientation so I have room for my friends on Saturday. (I had someone help me move the table, lol).

Linda, So glad your son is with you! You've been missing him so much.

TGIF everyone!

I am glad that you had energy today I am glad that you got all those things done

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my son just left he is coming back later tonight he surprised me with an extravagant gift for xmas it is a laptop I am shocked.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

That's great news! Sounds like a lovely surprise.

Things have calmed down here -- everyone is cheerful and I keep saying, "I'm happy and blessed." Great report at the doctors today - gluten free is helping health wise!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
That's great news! Sounds like a lovely surprise.

Things have calmed down here -- everyone is cheerful and I keep saying, "I'm happy and blessed." Great report at the doctors today - gluten free is helping health wise!

It really was
I am so glad everyone is calmed down and peaceful
I am so glad that you got a great report at your dr yOU DESERVE IT

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

My liver has normalized, except for one number, but he did say it was fat and not autoimmune. Once I lose more weight and continue gluten free, he's confident that everything will normalize.

I know gluten can interact with the liver if one has celiac and gluten intolerance. I'm glad I was diagnosed and it's helping. I also believe that scrapbooking and spending more time with people I love also helped.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning
Had 2 friends over to scrap yesterday afternoon and it was fun.
I made the bones of a mini folio album that DD will give as a gift and today or tomorrow I'll get the other one going for a gift album for DH's cousin who hosted DD when she visited Italy last year.
Today I'll be focusing on Math lessons and go to tutoring this afternoon.

Jess, Hope things stay peaceful for you.
Linda, Enjoy your son. How wonderful!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
My liver has normalized, except for one number, but he did say it was fat and not autoimmune. Once I lose more weight and continue gluten free, he's confident that everything will normalize.

I know gluten can interact with the liver if one has celiac and gluten intolerance. I'm glad I was diagnosed and it's helping. I also believe that scrapbooking and spending more time with people I love als

o helped.

I am so glad that you got a good report from your dr

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning
Had 2 friends over to scrap yesterday afternoon and it was fun.
I made the bones of a mini folio album that DD will give as a gift and today or tomorrow I'll get the other one going for a gift album for DH's cousin who hosted DD when she visited Italy last year.
Today I'll be focusing on Math lessons and go to tutoring this afternoon.

Jess, Hope things stay peaceful for you.
Linda, Enjoy your son. How wonderful!

I am so glad that you had freinds to scrap my son left last night which makes me sad again
I fell too dave called 911 to have them hel-p me up

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my computer is hard to turn on sometimes and turn off sometimes so if I am not here that is why Dave got it on today I was sad when I could not get it on today so I am so glad to have it on again it is my lifeline :0

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 12-09-18 04:44 PM
In response to anda11

sounds great hope you enjoy it

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 12-09-18 04:46 PM
In response to Kel3

I haven't been doing much lately. I did make a few Christmas cards I just uploaded

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to Kel3

Good Morning!

Did some fussing with the mini album I am making. I changed the size so having some trouble with figuring out some cuts but should be able to finish it up today or tomorrow. Once this one is done, I'll start the next. I'm writing down the measurements as I go. Went to my Math tutoring yesterday so back on track with that.

Linda, Glad you got back online. Hopefully as you get used to the new computer it will get easier for you. Sorry about the fall but glad you are home and not hurt . I do worry when I don't see you post .

Kel, I'll look forward to seeing your cards.

Happy Monday Everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kel3

• Kel3 Said:
I haven't been doing much lately. I did make a few Christmas cards I just uploaded

at least you made a few xmas cards

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!

Did some fussing with the mini album I am making. I changed the size so having some trouble with figuring out some cuts but should be able to finish it up today or tomorrow. Once this one is done, I'll start the next. I'm writing down the measurements as I go. Went to my Math tutoring yesterday so back on track with that.

Linda, Glad you got back online. Hopefully as you get used to the new computer it will get easier for you. Sorry about the fall but glad you are home and not hurt . I do worry when I don't see you post .

Kel, I'll look forward to seeing your cards.

Happy Monday Everyone!

glad you are working on those minis I am kinda scared of my new computer

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my son loved his xmas and birthday gifts

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
I never did touch the mini albums yesterday. Got involved with grown up paperwork and phone calls so tackled all that for most of the day. Decided to cook dinner and then I was just up too long and the foot started to swell and throb.
Today's agenda is to Christmas shop online, work on Math and the mini-album.

Linda, You'll get used to the computer though it is scary at first.
Glad DS liked his gifts.

Happy Tuesday!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
I never did touch the mini albums yesterday. Got involved with grown up paperwork and phone calls so tackled all that for most of the day. Decided to cook dinner and then I was just up too long and the foot started to swell and throb.
Today's agenda is to Christmas shop online, work on Math and the mini-album.

Linda, You'll get used to the computer though it is scary at first.
Glad DS liked his gifts.

Happy Tuesday!

I am glad that you got some things done

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am sad again missing my son

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Just checking in! Sorry about being MIA for the past few days - on Saturday, I met up with a friend and we caught up before the holidays. I have also been resting - since receiving good news from my doctor, I seem to sleep better.

I feel happy and blessed, I am surrounded by people who love me and I am grateful. One of my friends at my full-time job surprised me with a gift, which I'll open on Christmas.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics