Page 97 of 100 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning
Had a good visit at the Dr. yesterday and my foot is coming along nicely. Still cannot walk on it for a couple more weeks.
I wanted to start another mini-folio album but could not find the cover pieces I cut out last week. I'll look more today.

Jess, It's a big decision to move to another country. Those who are older tend to be more conservative about these things. If your decision is well-researched and planned, you will be able to figure what is right for you.

Linda, I need to go leave love on your DD's pages. I did not get a chance to do that yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to gluemore girl

That's true and they had more options in the workforce. Unfortunately, the more I grow, the more I see that I'm needed overseas. For me, while I do want the adventure, I also want a career and a chance to make a decent living.

If I stay where I live, I don't have that opportunity. I don't really want to go into health care or finance, which are the biggest industries in my area, and the ones that aren't in those industries pay minimum wage. I heard from a nursing home for an activities assistant and I would only make $11/hour. I can't leave my full-time job where I make $16.55/hour for that. I'm willing to take $15/hour if it's close to home, as an in-the-meantime job, but not $11. I'm finding that the crummy pay jobs are quick to contact me, but the ones that pay decently either don't or they have found others. It's frustrating.

I often research things because I want to be as prepared as possible. That's why I don't quickly jump into things because I want to make sure it's legitimate and I'm in decent financial footing. People yell at me that I take too long, well, I want to make sure things line up first. Rushing into things isn't good either. Unfortunately, my elderly friend thinks I'm taking too long and it's daft for me to leave the US. He can see Canada or the UK, but foreign countries are scary. He used to work for a company that makes missiles and bombs, so that may be skewing his perspective too.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning
Had a good visit at the Dr. yesterday and my foot is coming along nicely. Still cannot walk on it for a couple more weeks.
I wanted to start another mini-folio album but could not find the cover pieces I cut out last week. I'll look more today.

Jess, It's a big decision to move to another country. Those who are older tend to be more conservative about these things. If your decision is well-researched and planned, you will be able to figure what is right for you.

Linda, I need to go leave love on your DD's pages. I did not get a chance to do that yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

I am so glad that you hd a great report from your dr I hope you can find the piece you are missing soon.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pierced_scrapper

• pierced_scrapper Said:
That's true and they had more options in the workforce. Unfortunately, the more I grow, the more I see that I'm needed overseas. For me, while I do want the adventure, I also want a career and a chance to make a decent living.

If I stay where I live, I don't have that opportunity. I don't really want to go into health care or finance, which are the biggest industries in my area, and the ones that aren't in those industries pay minimum wage. I heard from a nursing home for an activities assistant and I would only make $11/hour. I can't leave my full-time job where I make $16.55/hour for that. I'm willing to take $15/hour if it's close to home, as an in-the-meantime job, but not $11. I'm finding that the crummy pay jobs are quick to contact me, but the ones that pay decently either don't or they have found others. It's frustrating.

I often research things because I want to be as prepared as possible. That's why I don't quickly jump into things because I want to make sure it's legitimate and I'm in decent financial footing. People yell at me that I take too long, well, I want to make sure things line up first. Rushing into things isn't good either. Unfortunately, my elderly friend thinks I'm taking too long and it's daft for me to leave the US. He can see Canada or the UK, but foreign countries are scary. He used to work for a company that makes missiles and bombs, so that may be skewing his perspective too.

I think that you would not go anywhere that you had not researched for a long time and felt good about.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I really want to go to Canada. I actually applied for permanent residency two years ago -- invested about $10,000 into it, but was refused because my full-time job didn't sign a letter. What I do isn't considered professional to Canada.

Eventually, I would like to try Canada again. Teachers are always needed, but even if I go to library school in Canada, many school librarians need teaching experience.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I really want to go to Canada. I actually applied for permanent residency two years ago -- invested about $10,000 into it, but was refused because my full-time job didn't sign a letter. What I do isn't considered professional to Canada.

Eventually, I would like to try Canada again. Teachers are always needed, but even if I go to library school in Canada, many school librarians need teaching experience.

I hope that you are able to go to Canada sooner.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am kinda thinking of finding those pics of my moms pink christmas tree from back in the day to do. I have pink Kand co christmas papers in my drawer to use I am not sure that I can find them. I had them last year when I made the xmas card that had it.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
Had a nice day with the kids yesterday. Went to M's and spent my gc from sister on a new Ott lite, some adhesives, and a nurse sticker sheet. Found the chipboard pieces for the mini album and chose papers. I'm going to make it for old pictures of a pair of cats we used to have.

Linda, left some love on your pages. Sweet ones they were!

Jess, good for you and best of luck!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I have a 5 year plan. But, who knows, I may end up like teaching and staying. I would like to try Canada again, but it's a big question mark. They are also very picky about your health, and while I'm okay now... things change by government standards. Thyroid issues and gluten intolerances are A-OK now, but who knows what the future will bring, especially if a more conservative government is voted in.

While health care isn't free in Canada, it's paid by taxes, they want to make sure a migrant isn't a burden on their system. They also want to make sure that there is nothing seriously wrong that could cause a violent criminal.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
Had a nice day with the kids yesterday. Went to M's and spent my gc from sister on a new Ott lite, some adhesives, and a nurse sticker sheet. Found the chipboard pieces for the mini album and chose papers. I'm going to make it for old pictures of a pair of cats we used to have.

Linda, left some love on your pages. Sweet ones they were!

Jess, good for you and best of luck!

I am so glad you had a nice time with your kids I am glad you went to mikes and got some new treasures
thanks for the love

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I have a 5 year plan. But, who knows, I may end up like teaching and staying. I would like to try Canada again, but it's a big question mark. They are also very picky about your health, and while I'm okay now... things change by government standards. Thyroid issues and gluten intolerances are A-OK now, but who knows what the future will bring, especially if a more conservative government is voted in.

While health care isn't free in Canada, it's paid by taxes, they want to make sure a migrant isn't a burden on their system. They also want to make sure that there is nothing seriously wrong that could cause a violent criminal.

you sure sound like you are informed on these places

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Stayed home yesterday and got a lot of things done, like dust my bedroom. Worked on a waterfall folio but my sister called so I stopped. I'll finish it up today.

Jess, knowing how to research is a great skill to have. I did not realize how expensive it was to move to another country and how far they go in a health screening. Is that true for European countries too?

Linda, Hope all is well. Are you scrapping any more this weekend? I usually like to scrap on NYE.

Have a good day everyone!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Stayed home yesterday and got a lot of things done, like dust my bedroom. Worked on a waterfall folio but my sister called so I stopped. I'll finish it up today.

Jess, knowing how to research is a great skill to have. I did not realize how expensive it was to move to another country and how far they go in a health screening. Is that true for European countries too?

Linda, Hope all is well. Are you scrapping any more this weekend? I usually like to scrap on NYE.

I am glad that you got some stuff done
I usually scrap on NYE too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am checking in again

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am checking in again

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I carefully plan.

I'm watching my co-worker's 9 and 3 year old daughters today. I was supposed to watch only the 9 year old, but she couldn't find a sitter for the 3 year old. I'm nervous because she's high energy and also the cost. I was watching the 9 year old out of the kindness of my heart and budgeted only for her. I also packed a lunch. The museum we are going to charges $19 for a 3 year old as well. Ah, well, I have the extra $19... we are only doing the museum, which should last us all day. It's a huge science museum. I hope...

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Maria, yes. European countries it depends. I know with Germany, you must invest $15,000 into immigration and you will need to buy German standard healthcare since they don't think US healthcare is comprehensive enough. There is also a screening.

I know with many European countries, securing a job is a must and if you don't have an employer in the States, or a skill that is in demand, it's tough. Europe, like Canada, prefers other Europeans. I have family in Ireland and looked into Ireland, but it's extremely hard to get work and since my great-grandma was Irish, I missed the "you're truly descended from someone Irish" by a generation.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Jess, Thanks for sharing what you've learned. It is so interesting to learn about other countries and their standards for immigration.
Hope all goes well with the kiddos today.

Linda, I'll be scrapping too. DH might want to watch some TV but I do need to clean off my desk and try putting some LO's into albums.

Happy New Year!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I carefully plan.

I'm watching my co-worker's 9 and 3 year old daughters today. I was supposed to watch only the 9 year old, but she couldn't find a sitter for the 3 year old. I'm nervous because she's high energy and also the cost. I was watching the 9 year old out of the kindness of my heart and budgeted only for her. I also packed a lunch. The museum we are going to charges $19 for a 3 year old as well. Ah, well, I have the extra $19... we are only doing the museum, which should last us all day. It's a huge science museum. I hope...

That is very kind of you to watch her children

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Maria, yes. European countries it depends. I know with Germany, you must invest $15,000 into immigration and you will need to buy German standard healthcare since they don't think US healthcare is comprehensive enough. There is also a screening.

I know with many European countries, securing a job is a must and if you don't have an employer in the States, or a skill that is in demand, it's tough. Europe, like Canada, prefers other Europeans. I have family in Ireland and looked into Ireland, but it's extremely hard to get work and since my great-grandma was Irish, I missed the "you're truly descended from someone Irish" by a generation.

this is all very interesting hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Jess, Thanks for sharing what you've learned. It is so interesting to learn about other countries and their standards for immigration.
Hope all goes well with the kiddos today.

Linda, I'll be scrapping too. DH might want to watch some TV but I do need to clean off my desk and try putting some LO's into albums.

Happy New Year!

my table is full again I am going to start my heritage challenge today I think have a happy new years eve and a happy new year too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am writing my heritage challenge now

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The kiddos were good and well behaved, though the three year old was Miss Curious. While I was working on a project, she went through my bag and took out my DSLR camera. I will admit, I trust kids a bit too much and let her see it. She dropped it and broke the lens mount. I took it to be repaired and I hope it can be repaired for $75. My co-worker will reimburse me for that. Overall, we had fun and they listened.

My mom isn't too happy about me watching the kids. I didn't tell her about the camera and I told her I was being reimbursed. I don't mind helping out people if they don't take advantage. I don't watch the kids often and I suggested the day. Sometimes I just wish mom would butt out.

Today I open my Happiness Box! I'll open it while my parents go to the movies because I'm going to record it.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Lost my last post on this.
Happy New Year! Did not scrap but I did clean and reorganize my space in order to clear more things off the table top and yet keep things I use a lot in close proximity. I finished up the project yesterday. Also started pairing photos with page kits for my weekend crop later this month.

Jess, Glad the camera will be reimbursed and that it was not too much work for you to care for them.
Great on your box taking you 40 minutes to go through... lots of good moments, eh?

Linda, Happy New Year! Wishing you and Dave health and happiness. I got some pics together for the Heritage challenge.

Edited by gluemore girl on 01-03-19 05:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I made eyeglass cases for my best buddies for Christmas and one had a birthday after Xmas so I made a treat box. Got it all finished and realized that I had put the saying on crooked with permanent glue (of course). I set it aside and thought on it for a while. Walked by my table and thought flowers hide it. And it did!!!!! Belated birthday for her.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I have been having headaches for days. when the squad came to pick me up they charged us $ 800. which sounds like a lot

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!

Did some more page planning and got some LO's into albums.
I'm hoping to get packed up and ready for my weekend crop before I return to work which should hopefully be the week before I go away.

Southgirl, good fix on the crooked quote. I oftentimes purposely apply letters crooked so I don't have to worry about straight

Linda, sorry you have not been feeling well and that is a lot of $ for an ambulance .

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The kiddos were good and well behaved, though the three year old was Miss Curious. While I was working on a project, she went through my bag and took out my DSLR camera. I will admit, I trust kids a bit too much and let her see it. She dropped it and broke the lens mount. I took it to be repaired and I hope it can be repaired for $75. My co-worker will reimburse me for that. Overall, we had fun and they listened.

My mom isn't too happy about me watching the kids. I didn't tell her about the camera and I told her I was being reimbursed. I don't mind helping out people if they don't take advantage. I don't watch the kids often and I suggested the day. Sometimes I just wish mom would butt out.

Today I open my Happiness Box! I'll open it while my parents go to the movies because I'm going to record it.

I am sorry to hear about your camera

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Lost my last post on this.
Happy New Year! Did not scrap but I did clean and reorganize my space in order to clear more things off the table top and yet keep things I use a lot in close proximity. I finished up the project yesterday. Also started pairing photos with page kits for my weekend crop later this month.

Jess, Glad the camera will be reimbursed and that it was not too much work for you to care for them.
Great on your box taking you 40 minutes to go through... lots of good moments, eh?

Linda, Happy New Year! Wishing you and Dave health and happiness. I got some pics together for the Heritage challenge.

I did not scrap on new years either. happy new year to you too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I made eyeglass cases for my best buddies for Christmas and one had a birthday after Xmas so I made a treat box. Got it all finished and realized that I had put the saying on crooked with permanent glue (of course). I set it aside and thought on it for a while. Walked by my table and thought flowers hide it. And it did!!!!! Belated birthday for her.

glad that you could fix your misstake

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!

Did some more page planning and got some LO's into albums.
I'm hoping to get packed up and ready for my weekend crop before I return to work which should hopefully be the week before I go away.

Southgirl, good fix on the crooked quote. I oftentimes purposely apply letters crooked so I don't have to worry about straight

Linda, sorry you have not been feeling well and that is a lot of $ for an ambulance .

I am so glad that you are going to a crop

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Picked up my camera today and tomorrow when I get to the library, I'm going to make a copy of the receipt and give her the copy. I am holding her to reimbursement. $85 and I'm not watching her children again.

She is not paying me for the 9 hours I watched them and for the museum/food for the three-year-old. I'm going to continue to be a kind person in 2019, but I am setting boundaries. I don't want people to take advantage of my kindness and honestly, I don't want people to not only take advantage of my limited finances, but also my time.

As some of my friends and library co-workers said to me, "Jess, think of it this way. It's not only monetary, but your time, the stress of keeping track of a baby, and then she broke your camera. That day set you way into negative territory and it's really not worth it." It made me think and they are right.

My co-worker had to know daycare was closed on 12-31 way ahead of the day before. My guess is she could have found a sitter, but since I was treating the 9 year old for the holidays, she took advantage. My mom was right, and many friends felt like she took advantage of the situation too. Never again...

Last time I watched the 9 year old, she never reimbursed me. One of our co-workers is a babysitter and she asked her, "how come you don't watch my kids?" The co-worker said, "will you pay me?" I was sitting right there and her response was, "no." I'm holding her to reimbursing me for the camera.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Good Morning!
Got another page kit together for a couple of my heritage photos.... me in 1975 (I was 11 years old!). Linda, I think we need to clarify that these particular photos are really not heritage but maybe just photos from yesterday... . I might use the word vintage but that is just another way to say "old" too .
Anyway, this weekend I'll work on more page kits and getting LO's into albums. I cannot find my LO of my Mother on the rooftop!
I plan to do a thorough search today.

Jess, Learning to say "No" is a good word to know to protect yourself. There are always many facets to situations like this and as much as you may want to help, setting limits is best and avoids bad feelings later. Lesson learned, right? I still do things like that but am getting better and I also realize it may always be a struggle for me. 2019 is going to be a good year.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Oh, yes. I don't resent my co-worker, but I do want to be reimbursed. She makes $3 more an hour than I do, $87 shouldn't be hard to fork over. I guess I'm continuing to learn that there are honest people and not so honest people out there.

When I get the $87 back, I'm going to buy a scrapbook for Happiness Box 2018. I'm seeing a movie with my cousin tonight and I was thinking of ice skating tomorrow; we'll see... I want to sit with Happiness Box 2018 contents at some point, read them and take photos. I wasn't feeling too great on New Year's Day.

What are heritage kits? What are the challenges?

Edited by pierced_scrapper on 01-05-19 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Morning!
Jess, I have been making page kits in prep for scrapping on the go.
You make them with or without photos in mind and it just gives you all the supplies you need to create a LO when you are at a crop and not at home. You bring the kit as opposed to stacks of paper and embellishments and just a couple of tools like paper punches, etc.
Linda hosts a Heritage challenge to scrap older photos like my childhood or my parents, grandparents, etc.
I have some really sweet photos of my brother and sister I plan to scrap.

Hi to the rest!

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Good morning!

Maria, that sounds like a great idea! I might start prepping layouts before Happiness Box 2018, but I'm thinking with the notes and photos, I might just create the layout on the go like last year's. Since I have a monthly sticker subscription, I've been saving stickers since June 2018 and I have to remember to leave room for stickers and embellishments since I have room in 2018. I forgot to do that for 2017's scrapbook.

That also sounds like a great memory project. Every year on Nan's death anniversary, I include a photo of her and a happy memory, plus how it shapes me today. Same with her birthday. I started doing that for my great-grandma's birthday too and grandparents on mom's side. While I know the project should focus on the present, I think remembering important people is just as important too because family from the past can shape the present and future. I might look at heritage layouts for those moments.

Last night my cousin treated me to a dinner and movie. Should I feel guilty? I thanked him and gave him a big hug. We had a lot of fun and Bohemian Rhapsody was such a great movie. A moment to add to Happiness Box 2019.

Edited by pierced_scrapper on 01-06-19 05:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Picked up my camera today and tomorrow when I get to the library, I'm going to make a copy of the receipt and give her the copy. I am holding her to reimbursement. $85 and I'm not watching her children again.

She is not paying me for the 9 hours I watched them and for the museum/food for the three-year-old. I'm going to continue to be a kind person in 2019, but I am setting boundaries. I don't want people to take advantage of my kindness and honestly, I don't want people to not only take advantage of my limited finances, but also my time.

As some of my friends and library co-workers said to me, "Jess, think of it this way. It's not only monetary, but your time, the stress of keeping track of a baby, and then she broke your camera. That day set you way into negative territory and it's really not worth it." It made me think and they are right.

My co-worker had to know daycare was closed on 12-31 way ahead of the day before. My guess is she could have found a sitter, but since I was treating the 9 year old for the holidays, she took advantage. My mom was right, and many friends felt like she took advantage of the situation too. Never again...

Last time I watched the 9 year old, she never reimbursed me. One of our co-workers is a babysitter and she asked her, "how come you don't watch my kids?" The co-worker said, "will you pay me?" I was sitting right there and her response was, "no." I'm holding her to reimbursing me for the camera.

I am sorry that you had a problem. I do not blame you.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Tomorrow I'm giving her the bill and I'm going to give it to her with confidence.

I found the perfect album for Happiness Box 2018 and once I get paid back, I'll get it.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

I worked on a few more page kits to bring to my crop that's coming up. I have to scan a few photos so that I can make better copies for the page as well as to save for my sister.

Jess, page planning is a lot of fun and makes the actual crop time so much more productive. I only have a few hours each month to scrap so once I'm back to work or at a crop, this planning will go a long way for me. The best part is that planning can be done in small increments of time. You can go through your stickers and add notes as to what moment or photo you wish to use them for.
I'm making notes to find photos!

Hi Linda,
Hope you are feeling well. I have been picking out photos from my childhood to scrap this month. I have a photo of my parents, uncle, and neighbors posing with all our Christmas toys ... I'm sure we were asleep at the time, lol.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

This is the box I almost messed up. I put flowers on it to hide the crooked greeting and added a ribbon instead of the ugly elastic strap.

Small balsa wood box By Southgirl

Balsa wood box before and after By Southgirl

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to southgirl

Southgirl, I really love your box - very pretty!

I found out why the co-worker I babysat for wasn't in for 6 days. She went to Aruba and she'll pay me back next week for the camera. I really hope she does and I will never babysit for her again. She went on an expensive vacation while I watched her kids for free. Last time she went on vacation, she texted me asking me for $60. I also blocked her number, I'm done.

I found an album for Happiness Box 2018! It's a 30 page expandable with a photo of a map that says, "make every day an adventure." It was perfect and I'll start working on it this weekend. I've been exhausted.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Sweet box Southgirl! I usually like the sentiments angled or crooked b/c I think it adds visual interest and also b/c I don't have to be precise. Call me a lazy crafter.

Jess, Glad you figured out your co-worker's MO. Yay on finding the perfect album. Sounds perfect!

Linda, You okay? Check in when you can.

I woke up at 3AM and could not fall back to sleep so I tried to work on another page kit but got tired and fell back to sleep in the craft room. Maybe today.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

I'm going to start my album tonight. Money is tight this weekend, but that's okay - I don't mind staying in. I have an article I have to write tonight too, that first, then the album.

Scrapbook.com sent me an e-mail yesterday for an extra 10% off an order, I'm going to see if it's still good and order something.

Happy Saturday! How is everyone?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have been feeling bad for some reason. but I am not sure why. I have my heritage man drawer out a and I have a photo I want to use.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

No scrapping for me this weekend. Both kids home so I have been enjoying their company.

Jess, wonderful that you are starting your album tonight!

Linda, welcome back, you've been missed

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Linda, welcome back! We missed you and we hope that you're feeling better.

Maria, I will admit that I didn't start it last night as planned. Dad lit the fire and we sat around the fire, watching TV. Peaceful night and I took full advantage of it.

I have to work on an article today, then clean. I'm looking for a misplaced black dress. I want to start the scrapbook tonight, but we will see.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I took my little box to the monthly crop. I told them to place a bid with their name on it in the box and It would go to the highest bidder, I got $13.50 for it. It was fun for us all.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to southgirl

That does sound fun! I would love bidding and winning a little box filled with trinkets.

I'm hoping to scrapbook tonight, but honestly, I might just rest. I cleaned and wrote an article today - I felt productive and now I'm tired.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Just checking in. My cat is dying - she was diagnosed with jaw cancer last month and while we were preparing for this moment, it just happened too quickly. Mom said she stopped eating and drinking earlier today, now she's just laying on the couch. I am sad.

I feel bad I am not sitting in there with them, but I sat in there when I got home. It's too upsetting for me and I feel like a coward.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Jess, So sorry about your cat. It's difficult to lose a pet who has been a part of your family. (((Hugs))). You will deal with your grief in your own way. There is no right or wrong thing to do at this time.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Dave has been feeling bad again so my daughter came over after work and cleaned...vacumme.d did the dishes and is going to the store for us now

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda,
So sorry about Dave. Sending prayers that he is feeling better soon.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

My cat died this morning. We are beyond heartbroken and I'm not sure why mom is keeping the stray we neutered in. She doesn't want another cat because she has to socialize the stray, although he will never be a house cat. I wish he would go away.

Linda, I hope Dave feels better soon.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda,
So sorry about Dave. Sending prayers that he is feeling better soon.

thank you I have good news about him.. he does not have the one thing that was making him so sick for over a month so that is good

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
My cat died this morning. We are beyond heartbroken and I'm not sure why mom is keeping the stray we neutered in. She doesn't want another cat because she has to socialize the stray, although he will never be a house cat. I wish he would go away.

Linda, I hope Dave feels better soon.

I am so deeply sorry to hear about your beloved precious cat. you have my deepest sympathies

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Southgirl, I really love your box - very pretty!

I found out why the co-worker I babysat for wasn't in for 6 days. She went to Aruba and she'll pay me back next week for the camera. I really hope she does and I will never babysit for her again. She went on an expensive vacation while I watched her kids for free. Last time she went on vacation, she texted me asking me for $60. I also blocked her number, I'm done.

I found an album for Happiness Box 2018! It's a 30 page expandable with a photo of a map that says, "make every day an adventure." It was perfect and I'll start working on it this weekend. I've been exhausted.

well she sure has her prioritires mixed up. I am sorry that she used you for free babysitting
I am so glad that you fouynd the perfect happyness album

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
This is the box I almost messed up. I put flowers on it to hide the crooked greeting and added a ribbon instead of the ugly elastic strap.

Small balsa wood box By Southgirl

Balsa wood box before and after By Southgirl

such a beautiful box I love everything I left love for you

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Oh, yes. I don't resent my co-worker, but I do want to be reimbursed. She makes $3 more an hour than I do, $87 shouldn't be hard to fork over. I guess I'm continuing to learn that there are honest people and not so honest people out there.

When I get the $87 back, I'm going to buy a scrapbook for Happiness Box 2018. I'm seeing a movie with my cousin tonight and I was thinking of ice skating tomorrow; we'll see... I want to sit with Happiness Box 2018 contents at some point, read them and take photos. I wasn't feeling too great on New Year's Day.

What are heritage kits? What are the challenges?

If she makes 3. bucks more an hour than you she can certainly pay for breaking your camera.
we have a challenge board here and lots of people have monthly challenges for everything. every category from boy and girls, disney, amusement park, sports and play there are hundreds to choose from from every category you can think of. I have been doing a heritage challenge every month for years I did take a break but I started back this month. I have lots of ideas to help you.. monthly holidays a nd inventions. lots of people like having the ideas to help get their brain going but you never need to do any. you just scrap whatever you want that month. mine is any year so you can do photos of your family or ancestors . I have done lots of pages of me and they are great fun too it is free. we have a wonderful group of heritage scrappers in our group and I love them
Maria has done my challenge before and is doing it this month too
doing challenges is great fun
I would be thrilled if you joined us hon
I will send you a link in your prrivate message right now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just sent you a link in your PM

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
No scrapping for me this weekend. Both kids home so I have been enjoying their company.

Jess, wonderful that you are starting your album tonight!

Linda, welcome back, you've been missed

I am so happy that both of your kids were home and you get to spend time with them

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
I took my little box to the monthly crop. I told them to place a bid with their name on it in the box and It would go to the highest bidder, I got $13.50 for it. It was fun for us all.

that sounds great

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning
Linda, So glad to see you back and to know that Dave will be okay.
I'll be scrapping next weekend so will put in the Heritage challenge then.

Jess, Sorry about your cat .

Nothing new with me, hoping to get my bags packed for next weekend's crop.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Thanks everyone. It feels so odd without her and I miss her terribly. I've been too grief stricken to scrapbook and I didn't even start the Happiness Box 2018 scrapbook yet! We're supposed to get snow this weekend, so maybe this weekend.

Tomorrow I have to call back about a travel agent job. It's an hour away by bus, so I have to see what the compensation and benefits would be. I might see if I can find something more local. I turned down a job that was similar to my FT job now - I shouldn't have applied because I want to get out of insurance. I'm still thinking of teaching abroad, but I want to find something that I enjoy as I work toward my goals.

How is everyone else?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning
Linda, So glad to see you back and to know that Dave will be okay.
I'll be scrapping next weekend so will put in the Heritage challenge then.

Jess, Sorry about your cat .

Nothing new with me, hoping to get my bags packed for next weekend's crop.

thanks hon have fun at your crop next weekend

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Thanks everyone. It feels so odd without her and I miss her terribly. I've been too grief stricken to scrapbook and I didn't even start the Happiness Box 2018 scrapbook yet! We're supposed to get snow this weekend, so maybe this weekend.

Tomorrow I have to call back about a travel agent job. It's an hour away by bus, so I have to see what the compensation and benefits would be. I might see if I can find something more local. I turned down a job that was similar to my FT job now - I shouldn't have applied because I want to get out of insurance. I'm still thinking of teaching abroad, but I want to find something that I enjoy as I work toward my goals.

How is everyone else?

I would be too greif stricken to scrap if I lost one of my pets

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again today is my dear sons birthday so I emaileds him some snoopy birthdays and I just called him. he is doing great we are supposed to get snow and possibly ice tonight and tomorrow. they were not sure what till it gets closer. Ang went and stocked up our freezer and fridge the other day so we are ok for this storm. I still have my heritage dad page out and I kinda feel like doing a page of David too since it is his birthday I think I have some of his pages buried in my scrap table maybe

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found one of his pages that I started so I am going to finish that next

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just remembered something funny that someone posted on this board I started a long running post about things we remember from our childhood we had all different ages on there someone posted that she had her daughter go to Disneyland or world and her daughter was wearing those jelly shoes that were popular in the 80s my daughter had lots of stuff that was that jelly stuff her shoes started melting on the pavement so she put in a sanita ry napkin? pad to keep her feet from burning

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Yes, I am up at a way too early time; the pressure change from crummy weather does that.

Anda, we got the snow; TRUST me, it's headed your way. Instead of the snow starting at 7-8 pm, it started about 3 a.m. I realize it's only Saturday, but guess who isn't planning to head off to work Monday?

Guess I'll putter around and work on some scrapping. I've already got 3 pics out, and contemplating a l.o. using them.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to suebird

Our weather people are flip-flopping about the weather we're supposed to get. First snow and ice, not just ice and cold. Who knows? My dad is off on Monday, the county closes for federal holidays, I think I'm going to call out from my full-time job. I don't travel in icy conditions.

I work at the library today and I'm going to try to start my scrapbook. The stickers I ordered from scrapbook.com came in yesterday and I can't wait to use them! I would like to buy some stamps in a few weeks and design some layouts.

Next week when dad is on standby, mom said she wants to start the Ireland scrapbook. I hope that we do!

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Today is the calm before the storm. It's cold and sunny but by later in the day the clouds will come in. I'm worried more about the ice. I probably won't scrap but will pack for next weekend's crop. I may make a mini-album base and bring it to my crop.

Linda, glad you are stocked and settled to scrap. Happy B-day to your dear son!

Sue & Jess, looks like we are all planning to scrap during this storm.

Have a great day everyone! Be safe!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

sometimes my computer turns off by itself and I can't always get the button pushed so that happened today. I hope it stays on for a long time :

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

No-go on scrapping. Told husband not to go, showed him the road condition site. He still tried to go in; did a 180, ended up in a ditch. Guess who didn't go in after all?

Pierced, I hate ice, also.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Yes, I am up at a way too early time; the pressure change from crummy weather does that.

Anda, we got the snow; TRUST me, it's headed your way. Instead of the snow starting at 7-8 pm, it started about 3 a.m. I realize it's only Saturday, but guess who isn't planning to head off to work Monday?

Guess I'll putter around and work on some scrapping. I've already got 3 pics out, and contemplating a l.o. using them.

well now they are saying that with our temperature being what it is it may be lots of rain instead of snow. I sure hope we have rain instaead. this may cause freezing roads top
I should be working on scrapping too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Our weather people are flip-flopping about the weather we're supposed to get. First snow and ice, not just ice and cold. Who knows? My dad is off on Monday, the county closes for federal holidays, I think I'm going to call out from my full-time job. I don't travel in icy conditions.

I work at the library today and I'm going to try to start my scrapbook. The stickers I ordered from scrapbook.com came in yesterday and I can't wait to use them! I would like to buy some stamps in a few weeks and design some layouts.

Next week when dad is on standby, mom said she wants to start the Ireland scrapbook. I hope that we do!

our weather people are doing the same thing here. I don't blame you for calling off in icy conditions. that is greatthat your dad is off for a holiday
I am glad that you are going to start your scrapbook since your stickers came in
I bet you guy will enjoy working on your Ireland scrapbook

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Today is the calm before the storm. It's cold and sunny but by later in the day the clouds will come in. I'm worried more about the ice. I probably won't scrap but will pack for next weekend's crop. I may make a mini-album base and bring it to my crop.

Linda, glad you are stocked and settled to scrap. Happy B-day to your dear son!

Sue & Jess, looks like we are all planning to scrap during this storm.

Have a great day everyone! Be safe!

OUr weather people keep changing the forecast first it wwas snow and ice now with the temperature is may be rain lots it shows ice on the roads maybe. I hope that w e do not have any ice here. I just watched anew forecast and we have sleet now we may have snow after all. dave says we don't care because we are not going any where thankfully
I should be scrapping too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Looks like we all got the same weather. Ice on top of snow and now hoping the rain will wash most of it away.
I started putting LO's into albums but found that one of the albums is full and broken. Need a couple more albums.
Did not pack yet but today is the day... I have to do it as the week will fly by.

Sue, hope DH and the car are okay. I'm a bit worried about my commute tomorrow morning but the traffic should be light with MLK day.

Linda, your computer probably is on an energy saving timer mode. Maybe DD can tweak it to stay on longer. I would not worry about the snow and ice either. Just sit back and enjoy the view.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Well, it's mostly rain here in the suburbs of Philadelphia. However, 52 degrees today will drop to 8 degrees tonight. Ice. Eeek. We'll see about tomorrow for work; if it's too icy and I can't get Lyft, I can't get to work.

I didn't start my scrapbook yesterday. I'm still not feeling 100% and now mom wants to adopt a new cat, in addition to the stray. Dad and I don't want a new cat just yet, especially since we have to clean the carpets.

I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done today, before I cook dinner.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
No-go on scrapping. Told husband not to go, showed him the road condition site. He still tried to go in; did a 180, ended up in a ditch. Guess who didn't go in after all?

Pierced, I hate ice, also.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband and being in a ditch I hope he was not injured at all. I hope the car was not damaged either.
I hate ice also

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Looks like we all got the same weather. Ice on top of snow and now hoping the rain will wash most of it away.
I started putting LO's into albums but found that one of the albums is full and broken. Need a couple more albums.
Did not pack yet but today is the day... I have to do it as the week will fly by.

Sue, hope DH and the car are okay. I'm a bit worried about my commute tomorrow morning but the traffic should be light with MLK day.

Linda, your computer probably is on an energy saving timer mode. Maybe DD can tweak it to stay on longer. I would not worry about the snow and ice either. Just sit back and enjoy the view.

Dave went out to take the trash out and he said we only got snow no ice thankfully It is very cold here too.
that is great that you need to buy some new albums
I hope that you are able to pack today
I sure hope that when you go to work that you will have no problems driving.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Well, it's mostly rain here in the suburbs of Philadelphia. However, 52 degrees today will drop to 8 degrees tonight. Ice. Eeek. We'll see about tomorrow for work; if it's too icy and I can't get Lyft, I can't get to work.

I didn't start my scrapbook yesterday. I'm still not feeling 100% and now mom wants to adopt a new cat, in addition to the stray. Dad and I don't want a new cat just yet, especially since we have to clean the carpets.

I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done today, before I cook dinner.

I sure hope that you have no problems getting to work either.
I am so sorry about your mom wanting 2 cats so soon I am sure that you are still feeling bad about losing one

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I told you that Dave took the trash out and said we only had snow not ice. he was out cigs so he went to the gs station which is a couple miles away.. his door was frozen shut and he said that it rained and froze so that is why he thinks there is not ice there I told him that lots of people have icy driving conditions. I am kinda scared. I hope he does not fall or slide or hit someone or someone hit him

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Da Moose does admit to possibly bruising his ribs; also took a blow to his ego. You think he's learned? Pffft Heck, no!

Of course, my intention to scrap went out the proverbial door. Still puttering and contemplating.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to suebird

I re-arranged and filled 3 albums. I need another 2 or 3 albums at this point. I started doing the library of memories system and trying to separate pages but think I finally got down how I want it to divvy them up. So I filled 2 albums with LO's about fun times w/friends and family. I have another for just summer, just Christmas, and then separate albums for the kids when I make LO's about them and things they do with their friends. I have a heritage one for my side of the family.
Also got myself about 90% packed for the weekend crop. I made a couple more page kits and I'd like to put together one more page kit for DS's swim album. I think I might fit everything into my rolling tote and a small tools tote.

We got the same weather here. got our cars started and moved for this morning's commute. Wish me luck!

suebird
Expert
suebird

More of the white poop, etc. on its' way. Great. Real great.

Got some work done on a layout.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to suebird

We didn't get any snow! Dad took me to the train today since he was off; I stayed in for lunch since it was 10 degrees outside and started my Happiness Box 2018 scrapbook. I'm excited about it.

Some drama tonight. I don't like home brewed coffee. It all irritates my stomach, I find Wawa coffee that is already made is fine for my stomach. I find it all ridiculously strong. Dad usually gets it for me. He asked what I thought of home brewed coffee and I said I hated it. Then mom got mad and said, "You're taking advantage! We are going to move and you will be out of luck, you leech!" I don't think they will or kick me out... she just says it when I pose opposition.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

my computer has been dieing for months and it goes off by itself lots of times. sometimes I am not able to get the button on unless Dave helps me.. It is a very very old computer and I would be heartsick if I was not able to talk to my freinds here so if you do not hear from me that is why
my son gave me an apple laptop for xmas but I really prefer a keyboard and mouse cause I do a lot of copying and pasting daily in my heritage challenge

Edited by anda11 on 01-21-19 07:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I told you that Dave took the trash out and said we only had snow not ice. he was out cigs so he went to the gs station which is a couple miles away.. his door was frozen shut and he said that it rained and froze so that is why he thinks there is not ice there I told him that lots of people have icy driving conditions. I am kinda scared. I hope he does not fall or slide or hit someone or someone hit him

he made it back quickly thankfully but he fell yesterday and hurt his lower back a bit.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Da Moose does admit to possibly bruising his ribs; also took a blow to his ego. You think he's learned? Pffft Heck, no!

Of course, my intention to scrap went out the proverbial door. Still puttering and contemplating.

I am so deeply sorry that he hurt himself. .

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning
I was back to work on 2 feet yesterday. I am glad only 1/2 days this week. My foot was sore and swollen but not too bad. The bitter cold also has made me very tired. Hoping it warms up soon.
It's a good time of year to stay in and scrap. So let's do it!

Sounds like we all made it through the storm. The ice was a doozy.

Page 97 of 100 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics