Page 99 of 100 
Username Post: Anybody working on anything this weekend & week?        (Topic#1576699)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

happy valentines day to every one

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

happy valentines day to every one

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my scrap table is full of photo boxes that I had on a chair that I moved so my daughter and her boyfreind had plenty of room to put in my new computer tower so I am putting the chair back so I can find my scrap table again I also want to figure out how to use my Cameo again. I know I have a disc to download the program but I think I also need to know what computer I do have now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my scrap table is full of photo boxes that I had on a chair that I moved so my daughter and her boyfreind had plenty of room to put in my new computer tower so I am putting the chair back so I can find my scrap table again I also want to figure out how to use my Cameo again. I know I have a disc to download the program but I think I also need to know what computer I do have now

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I can't find where to put the disk in my tower so my daughter is coming over tomorrow anyway to help

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning and TGIF!
Off this weekend and have a scrap night planned as well as seeing DS at a swim meet.
Linda, I think you can download the Silhouette software from the website without a disc. I did that when I got my new laptop. You just need to have your user name and password to download it. Hope that helps!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning and TGIF!
Off this weekend and have a scrap night planned as well as seeing DS at a swim meet.
Linda, I think you can download the Silhouette software from the website without a disc. I did that when I got my new laptop. You just need to have your user name and password to download it. Hope that helps!

I am so glad that you have this weekend off I am so glad that you have a scrap night planned as well as seeing your son in his swim meet

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Happy weekend!

I found cute stickers at AC Moore last night when I was in Philadelphia and I plan to scrapbook tonight, as well as write for my Happiness Box. In two weeks, I have to put together a display about my Happiness Box at the library and want to write a few blurbs about the project. I might also print out the articles I wrote and tack them up as well. Just a thought, might be blurbs of the articles.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to pierced_scrapper

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Happy weekend!

I found cute stickers at AC Moore last night when I was in Philadelphia and I plan to scrapbook tonight, as well as write for my Happiness Box. In two weeks, I have to put together a display about my Happiness Box at the library and want to write a few blurbs about the project. I might also print out the articles I wrote and tack them up as well. Just a thought, might be blurbs of the articles.

I am so glad that you found some cute stickers at AC moore in Philly I am glad that you are going to scrapbook tonight I am glad that you are going to w ork on your happiness box too and display it at the library too I think everyone will love it

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I hope so. The last time I did a display, I did one of travel/scrapbooking and many said the colours made them feel joyful. I hope that this display brings the same joy!

I'm thinking of finding D-Rings for the 2nd half of Happiness Box 2017 scrapbook since I never expanded the album. I will have to see where I can find them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I hope so. The last time I did a display, I did one of travel/scrapbooking and many said the colours made them feel joyful. I hope that this display brings the same joy!

I'm thinking of finding D-Rings for the 2nd half of Happiness Box 2017 scrapbook since I never expanded the album. I will have to see where I can find them.

if they loved the travel scrapbook I am sure they will love the happiness box
I hope that you find the d rings you are searching for

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
Went to DS's last home swim meet of the season. It was a wonderful day. Afterwards I went to my friend's house and worked on a LO. I was pretty tired so packed up early which was close to 10:30, lol.

Jess, sounds like your Happiness Box display will be a real hit. I'm excited for you. I think it is something more people will do in one form or another, once they see it.

Linda, hope you and Dave are feeling better. Did you find your scrap desk yet?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
Went to DS's last home swim meet of the season. It was a wonderful day. Afterwards I went to my friend's house and worked on a LO. I was pretty tired so packed up early which was close to 10:30, lol.

Jess, sounds like your Happiness Box display will be a real hit. I'm excited for you. I think it is something more people will do in one form or another, once they see it.

Linda, hope you and Dave are feeling better. Did you find your scrap desk yet?

I am so happy that you went to your sons last swim meet and spent time with him
I a m glad that you worked on a lo too
my desk is half full but I was sad cause i had a printer /scanner that I used often and I was not sure I had the software anymore to install but I found the disk for the printer thankfully
dave was not feeling wel againl so Ang went to the store for us again. she also cleaned a bit and took the trash out. this happens to him sometimes but this happened to him after he was in the nursing home. I do not think it is his heart. he is just so weak any more.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Linda, I hope Dave gets better soon - I wish there was something that could be done about the weakness.

I took off from my FT job today and will be going ice skating. I plan on writing for my display in Starbucks; I was busy reading and scrapbooking this weekend! I find that I am a better writer and creator in the morning because I'm a morning person. Not so much a night owl.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Linda, I hope Dave gets better soon - I wish there was something that could be done about the weakness.

I took off from my FT job today and will be going ice skating. I plan on writing for my display in Starbucks; I was busy reading and scrapbooking this weekend! I find that I am a better writer and creator in the morning because I'm a morn

thank you my daughter came over again in the middle of the night and did the dishes and vacumed which was so nice
I hope that you have fun ice skating I know lots of people who are morning people

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I asked ang about where to place the disk and she said she would look after she did something but she forgot. I forgot to ask her again last night I Found 2 places that open up . 1 is just a space. the other I am not sure if will go in. I found a photo enlargement of my dd and I at sesame street live that I want to do. I had some sesame street live stuff in my computer I am sure I can search again for some. I remembered I had a ton of photos in my old tower so I have that saved in my room. Ang told me that I can get someone to get them out thankfully.. I am not sure my tower has enough for my cameo I am also afraid that it will not work any way :(. I may have to get another tower anyway. I have lots of pages in progress that use my cameo.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

dave told me before that you need to do a command on the computer to get it to open buut I thought he was wrong but angh said s he is right but he does not remember how to do it. plus i dropped my printer disk in the top one and it fell down a bit and I can't get it out and dave could not either so I am waiting for ang to come again.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
I'm off today cuz I'm taking a class for work on Friday. The middle of the week break is good b/c I've got a few things to do and one is making a Thank you card.

Linda, sorry about your computer struggles. Hopefully things will get organized soon. Wishing that Dave feels stronger soon. Depending on his heart condition, he might qualify for cardiac rehab sessions. He can talk to his cardiologist about it. That might help build up some stamina.

Jess, Ice skating and scrapbooking sounds like the perfect day. I am more of a morning person myself now though at one time I'd have called myself a night owl. I loved working 2nd shift when I was younger.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
I'm off today cuz I'm taking a class for work on Friday. The middle of the week break is good b/c I've got a few things to do and one is making a Thank you card.

Linda, sorry about your computer struggles. Hopefully things will get organized soon. Wishing that Dave feels stronger soon. Depending on his heart condition, he might qualify for cardiac rehab sessions. He can talk to his cardiologist about it. That might help build up some stamina.

Jess, Ice skating and scrapbooking sounds like the perfect day. I am more of a morning person myself now though at one time I'd have called myself a night owl. I loved working 2nd shift when I was younger.

I am so glad you are taking today off cause you deserve a break I am glad you got a thank you card done
I will tell Dave about t he cardiac rehab.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Snow day today - I applied to a few jobs and now I'm going to work on typing some pieces for my library display. I'll scrapbook a bit more later.

Hope all is well!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Snow day today - I applied to a few jobs and now I'm going to work on typing some pieces for my library display. I'll scrapbook a bit more later.

Hope all is well!

I am gklad that you had a snow day today i sure hope that the jobs you applied for respond quickly
I am glad that you are going to scrapbook later today too

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Me too, Linda. My job doesn't give snow days, I took it off because I couldn't get Lyft or Uber - they triple charged this morning and I can't justify that cost when it'll cost me more than what I make an hour and later on in the day, more than what I would make through the shift. The library closed, however.

One of the jobs responded that they are still in the receiving phase and if they want to continue on, they'll contact me. I'm hoping, but I'm also hoping for the SEO job. While they are not international companies, both jobs are professional enough that Canada recognizes them and I would be accepted for immigration.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Yeah, I'm still around. Getting sick and tired of the lousin' weather, too.

Still trying to do some scrapbooking, but something always creeps up to derail my 'good intentions'.

Work is doing well. Of course, my main project is the scrapbook for my client.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Me too, Linda. My job doesn't give snow days, I took it off because I couldn't get Lyft or Uber - they triple charged this morning and I can't justify that cost when it'll cost me more than what I make an hour and later on in the day, more than what I would make through the shift. The library closed, however.

One of the jobs responded that they are still in the receiving phase and if they want to continue on, they'll contact me. I'm hoping, but I'm also hoping for the SEO job. While they are not international companies, both jobs are professional enough that Canada recognizes them and I would be accepted for immigration.

it must have been bad if the library closed after all that is terrible that they were going to charge you so much
that is nice that Canada will accept the one job

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Yeah, I'm still around. Getting sick and tired of the lousin' weather, too.

Still trying to do some scrapbooking, but something always creeps up to derail my 'good intentions'.

Work is doing well. Of course, my main project is the scrapbook for my client.

I am so glad that you che cked in hon
I am sorry that your plans to scrapbook have been derailed ::( I am so glad that you have a scrapbook for your client to do

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Canada will accept any job that is professional and requires a college or technical degree. Unfortunately, what I do now isn't professional.

I'm thinking of branching out to teach overseas after all. Things are hard again at home and mom is talking about them moving after dad retires. Dad is 9 years older, so mom would still be working. Dad doesn't want to move; I know she's talk, but I am feeling anxious about it all.

How is Dave?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Canada will accept any job that is professional and requires a college or technical degree. Unfortunately, what I do now isn't professional.

I'm thinking of branching out to teach overseas after all. Things are hard again at home and mom is talking about them moving after dad retires. Dad is 9 years older, so mom would still be working. Dad doesn't want to move; I know she's talk, but I am feeling anxious about it all.

How is Dave?

that is great about Canada
I am sorry that your mom is talking like that
I think dave is feeling a bit better he gave me a shower yesterday..he has to wash my whole body pretty much. I was afraid of falling cause I almost did earlier but my son put up a huge bar that I can hang on to while I am in the shower or toilet..... I had fallen in the shower before..a few times but I have not recently thankfully... he then cut my hair too cause it had gotten so long. he had not given me a shower for a long time cause when he had cdiff it was very very contagious..my daughter told us that. he had it for over a month too... my daughter gave me showers when Dave was sick or in the hospital thankfully. she could not cut my hair cause her hands move a bit for some reason that I do not remember.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again this Friday dear freinds

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Happy Friday, Linda!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Happy Friday, Linda!

thank you my table is part way full. my desk is totally full cause I was looking for my printer/scanner manual. I had a huge stack of papers on one cube that I used to put the manual there sometimes so my hubby could find it easier but no luck I do have the paper that shows how to install the printer the disk though and the disk. I have to wait for my daughter to come over to install the disks for my cameo and printer. Dave did not remember how but said it needed a command from the computer to open and Ang says he is right. so I can't use my cameo or scanner until my daughter comes here.
I am not sure my computer will work well with my cameo. my old one worked fine. mine was very old. Daves is old but not nearly as old as mine was.
I can find the manual online for my printer thankfully maybe it will turn up

Edited by anda11 on 02-22-19 08:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again my dear freinds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am checking in again dear freinds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just talked to my daughter she is going to come over tomorrow after work to help me put my disks in my computer thankfully

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
No scrapping but really do need to make a card today.
My next scrap date is set for March and doubt I'll do any at home.

Linda, Hope your DD is able to help you get everything loaded. Also glad that Dave is able to help you again.

Jess, Sorry that you are feeling unsettled. Hope you get it all figured out soon. How did the display of your Happiness Box go at the library?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Good Morning!
No scrapping but really do need to make a card today.
My next scrap date is set for March and doubt I'll do any at home.

Linda, Hope your DD is able to help you get everything loaded. Also glad that Dave is able to help you again.

Jess, Sorry that you are feeling unsettled. Hope you get it all figured out soon. How did the display of your Happiness Box go at the library?

I am sorry that you won't be able to scrap soon except the card
I am so glad that she is coming over to do that

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

The display goes up next Saturday and will stay up for the entirety of March. Still have some things to finish up.

They will never ease up, this has been going on since I was a baby... all I can do is remain positive that I'll get out of here sooner rather than later.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have been searching for the restaurant that was famous here that my son had his birthday in I have found a lots and the font name too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
The display goes up next Saturday and will stay up for the entirety of March. Still have some things to finish up.

They will never ease up, this has been going on since I was a baby... all I can do is remain positive that I'll get out of here sooner rather than later.

I am sure they will love it when they see it
I am sorry that you have been having problems

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Took my first exam for this course and passed... yay me!
Did not make the card yet but did meet friends for dinner.

Linda, that'll be fun to use the font of the restaurant name on your LO.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Took my first exam for this course and passed... yay me!
Did not make the card yet but did meet friends for dinner.

Linda, that'll be fun to use the font of the restaurant name on your LO.

That is great that you passed your first exam I am glad you met freinds for dinner
I have used fonts of restaurants before

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

some things are different on this tower plus it has windows 7 and it is pretty old too. I am happy to say that we are going to get a new tower thankully.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I got out my disk from my cameo and it is an instructional one so do I not need to download my machine?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I found the other disk

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Happy Hump Day!

Linda, you do not need the disc to install the software to your new computer but you do need a USB/thumb drive to transfer your previously purchased images to the new computer from your old.

This is my long 2 days so probably won't check in til Friday.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Oh the joys of living in an old house. This old house was built in the 20's and has very pretty architectural elements. Like a curved front door, high ceilings and a porch. But (you knew there was one) the ceilings are so bad, Somebody put in acoustic tiles and then blew popcorn stuff on it to make it look better (?). Well the stuff fell down after 90 years, so we had a hot mess and had to take the rest down. We plan to put up tin tiles. This all happened as I took off to see my 1st great grandson in Tacoma, Washington.

I did get some crafting done after I got back. I mainly finished another box, (IDK what I will do with it) but it is off my table. I am presently working on dragon eyes. Painted on clear glass cabochons. Why? I wanna.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Happy Hump Day!

Linda, you do not need the disc to install the software to your new computer but you do need a USB/thumb drive to transfer your previously purchased images to the new computer from your old.

This is my long 2 days so probably won't check in til Friday.

I have never used a thumb drive I know there is a place on my cameo for it. ..I thought about buying one long ago but it seemed like there were many different sizes and dave gave me one he had but it did not fit either. this is a dumb question maybe...when I buy my new tower is there a place for a thumb drive in it?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Oh the joys of living in an old house. This old house was built in the 20's and has very pretty architectural elements. Like a curved front door, high ceilings and a porch. But (you knew there was one) the ceilings are so bad, Somebody put in acoustic tiles and then blew popcorn stuff on it to make it look better (?). Well the stuff fell down after 90 years, so we had a hot mess and had to take the rest down. We plan to put up tin tiles. This all happened as I took off to see my 1st great grandson in Tacoma, Washington.

I did get some crafting done after I got back. I mainly finished another box, (IDK what I will do with it) but it is off my table. I am presently working on dragon eyes. Painted on clear glass cabochons. Why? I wanna.

I am sorry that you had ceiling problems
I am so glad that you got to see your first great grandson too
I am also glad that you got some crafting done after you got back

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning and TGIF! Waking up to snow here on this 1st of March! It is pretty though I would rather some sunshine.

Linda, a thumb drive probably fits in your old and new towers.
You can download the Cameo program to your new computer without it. You just need your username and password.

You need the USB/thumb drive to transfer your previously purchased and downloaded cut files from your old computer to your new.
The thumb drive (USB) is only one size to fit the computer and I'm sure your new and old one have them but there are different sizes as far as how much data they can hold.
I think a small one will work for transferring your cut files.
Hope this helps!

Southgirl, Congrats on your new GGB! Sorry on the ceiling coming down!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

My towers are so many years old like 15 .it was before thumb drives came out

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

it is the 1st so I am getting my heriitage challenge ready

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Eh! Today was one of my scheduled days off, with tomorrow (Saturday) being a work day. Did the weekly banking, got the taxes done (igh).

Had a side trip yesterday, and thanks to 'side trip', found out I'm not working tomorrow. *Sigh*

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

Oh no need to worry about my "This Old House" problems. I take them with a sense of humor.

I went shopping yesterday. Tuesday morning I got 3 new dies and a WRMK alphabet maker, At Hobby Lobby I got a foil die for my GoPress and Foil machine and another die. And 5 or 6 paper clips in the shape of a mermaid, an envelope (99cents), an arrow (99 cents) and etc. And some really pretty paper clips that are copper.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

• suebird Said:
Eh! Today was one of my scheduled days off, with tomorrow (Saturday) being a work day. Did the weekly banking, got the taxes done (igh).

Had a side trip yesterday, and thanks to 'side trip', found out I'm not working tomorrow. *Sigh*

I am so glad that you had 2 days off in a row
I am glad that you got yur taxes done too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

• southgirl Said:
Oh no need to worry about my "This Old House" problems. I take them with a sense of humor.

I went shopping yesterday. Tuesday morning I got 3 new dies and a WRMK alphabet maker, At Hobby Lobby I got a foil die for my GoPress and Foil machine and another die. And 5 or 6 paper clips in the shape of a mermaid, an envelope (99cents), an arrow (99 cents) and etc. And some really pretty paper clips that are copper.

I am so glad that you had some scrap shopping and got loots of new goodies

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning!
Spent the last couple of days on homework but last night got into my craft room to clean up and also made a couple of cards.
Funny how cleaning up can inspire you to create. I have a LO that I am gathering bits and pieces for and another couple of scraps that need a bg paper to call home.

Southgirl, remember the movie called, "The Money Pit"? It was about a couple that bought an old house... hysterical!

Hope everyone is well.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Morning, folks......I think. Guess I also have off tomorrow. In one way it's good; another, sorta bad. One good thing? The 'deep freeze' is due in tomorrow. Bad thing? Dent in the pay check. One day at a time, I guess.

Did some 'puttering' with a layout yesterday. It's about time!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to suebird

Lol I remember that movie. An old house is a continual "Monty Pit",

I forgot that I bought some 3D embossing folders. They are so cute when embossed.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to southgirl

Sorry for the absence - I spent the past week and a half working on my Happiness Box Project display for the library and yesterday it went up without a hitch.

I took a few photos with my cellphone and one co-worker loved it, she can't wait to see it in person. I want to bring my DSLR some time this week and take better photos for a portfolio.

It'll feel weird not scrapbooking for a month and I put my Happiness Box in the display as well. I have a makeshift Happiness Box, an old box Nan gave me when I was a little girl. It's filled with "treasures" that I'll relocate.

Today was the last day of ice skating outdoors until November 2019. I bought a disposable camera and when the pictures are developed, I might create a special album dedicated to Winterfest's Finale. Today was a lot of fun.

suebird
Expert
suebird

Wahooo! Got a layout done! Got a semi decent shot of it, plus shots of the 3 Halloween layouts I'd finished. Maybe I'll be more inspired later?

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to suebird

Fingers crossed because feeling uninspired isn't a good feeling.

suebird
Expert
suebird

In my case, sometimes being 'uninspired' can be good. Makes me think a bit more....if I'm not too wiped out from work, that is.

Took an approximately 2 1/2 hour nap earlier, as I had to knock out a nasty case of impending vertigo. Got the pictures done, and they are now downloaded.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to suebird

I have been having bad headaches some days

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Have you ever tried Excedrin, Linda? Husband uses that if he thinks his headaches are going migraine strength.

No word yet on work. Am figuring I am off tomorrow, and maybe Wednesday; but who knows?

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to suebird

I had work today and delays on the train galore. But, I don't like summer. Sure, hope the situation changes soon.

I have been having writer's block, but I have to get back to finding new work. It's stressful and I wish I could get reprieve.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

HSN has an all day craft sale today. I bought the Foil Quill by WRMK. Just sat and colored at my deck last night. Did a little rearranging too, I put all of my WRMK punch boards together on one small shelf.

Y'all those 3D embossing folders do really really pretty embossing.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to southgirl

Craft sales sound dangerous! LOL!

I dropped off my film yesterday and waiting for it to be developed. I'm going to plan an ice skating layout for the photos.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I have been a bit sick I emailed the silhouette company asking how to be sure my designs move from my old computer to my new one and they gave me instructions on how to do it. IT does not use a thumb drive at all thankfully

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning and Happy Saturday!
Went to Gluemore Night and got 3 LO's almost completed. Just need to add titles and some more embellishments b/c I did not bring my letters or many of my embellishment things.

Linda, glad you got the steps to get your files!

Jess, how fun waiting for photos and planning a LO with them in mind.

Southgirl, that foil pen had your name on it!

Sue, Did you end up working or scrapping?
Hope the vertigo passed. I am off this week for vacation cuz DH is off too. It's a staycation but hoping we'll get a few household things accomplished and maybe a day trip or 2.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper

Linda and Maria, I hope that you both feel better!

Shutterfly is offering me a free photo book and I'm going to make one. Years past, I thought it would be odd having specific scrapbooks of concerts or vacations and one of the photos in the Happiness Box scrapbook. However, I'm rethinking it: while I capture one special moment for each day in the Happiness Box, it's great to collect them, however, I would like to remember concerts and vacations and skating, so having a book of each with photos I can't place in the Happiness Box won't be counter-intuitive.

Now, I hope the film comes by next weekend! I know it takes a week or two for developing, depending on how fast the Walgreen's lab sends it out, but two years ago they failed to call me and I called three weeks later, it was done and I noticed it was done a week prior. I might have to call them by Friday... 12 days should be a sufficient amount of time.

Edited by pierced_scrapper on 03-09-19 05:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I am worried about dave again he fell 3 times yesterday and today. ang came over caus e he could not get back up by himself. he fell in the bathroom a little while ago and could not get back up. ang was working so we called 911 to help him get up.. this has happened to him before but I can't remember why. he is very very sore.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

say a prayer for dave again. he is back in the hospital
my daughter came over to help him and was going to give him a shower and take him to er again. the power went out at this time. thankfully my daughter was here. she had candles and we had a couple flshlights. I was scared of being alone without powers so I went to the er with her. which was nice. they let me use a wheelchair while I was there.. we just came home and ang is taking a small nap. she is going back to the hospital later. she said that her boyfreind will probably come over and sleep soiometime hopefully today or night

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to anda11

Glue, the foil pen did have my name on it for sure,

I went to my monthly crop. I could not get inspired and that is one thing you just can't force.

I went to M's to get some alphabet stamps and they had all the clear stamps on BOGO half off. So that was fortuitous for me.

Going to work on my dragon eye, Have a small box that I will put the eye on the lid.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Linda, Dave is in my prayers. I hope he feels better soon.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
Linda, Dave is in my prayers. I hope he feels better soon.

thank you hon. I sure hope he comes home soon and that the power stays on.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I hope so too, Linda. ::

I caught a cold, though it could be allergies. I'm calling it a night soon.

suebird
Expert
suebird
In response to anda11

Glue, I have had Meniere's for some time, and never know when the heck the vertigo is going to crop up. I do keep a record of weather, how I am doing, etc. Old ENT retired, and the new guy pretty much cut my Antivert rx. Can you say one ticked off nurse?

Going into week 2 of being off, due to unforeseen circumstances. At least I did do some more work on layouts.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• pierced_scrapper Said:
I hope so too, Linda. ::

I caught a cold, though it could be allergies. I'm calling it a night soon.

thank you again hon. I am sorry that you have been sick

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Good Morning
I have some vacation time to use up so DH and I have some time together as he is on vacation too.
Did go to crop on Friday and got 3 LO's mostly completed.

Linda, Sorry to hear about Dave and thankful that your DD and her BF are able to help you. Prayers for Dave and you.

Jess, hope you are feeling better.

Sue, bummer on not working but hope all fairs well for your client.

Southgirl, Crops are fun anyway, right? Just nice to be around friends and acquaintances with the same interests.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

So true Glue. I just visited and watched videos on Youtube. But I felt like an under achiever. I had things I could do, Make cards. Play with mermaid stamps. Even color in my coloring book. I could have made dragon eyes. I just had an, "I don't wanna" day.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to southgirl

I did not call my daughter yesterday.. she and her boyfreind needed sleep. she was glad. she called and came over after she saw Dave. she went to work..her boyfreind is going to come over after work at 6 pm she is coming back after work thankfully. the hospital called.. dave wqill not go to a nursing home so she said she would care for him hhere... our house is weird.. we do not have a couch only 2 recliner chairs where they have slept before. we moved stuff from the miidde room recently. ang had an air mattress in there but it is gone.. we are going to get a full bed so ang and her b oyfreind can sleep here.. we are also going to get rid of stuff and move stuff too so we can get couch too
we need to make room for dave and his wheelchair. my son really needs the money he is making down there.
he has sent stuff to dave when he was sick..from boxes of ensure..clothes..medical supplies.. my daughter has asked him to send her money before when she was not working to care for dave for gas mmoney
she asked him to buy a wheel chair today.
I would feel so much better if we do thesse things cause I hate that no one can sleep here on a couch. and an extra bed will be so helpfull too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well my daughter came over before and after work. her boyfreind came over after work at 6 pm and stayed till almost midnight thankfully. my neice who always came daily when dave was in is out of town but she messaged me where she was and asked about dave. I asked her if they were on their way home.... I sure hope so cause it is not terribly far where they are. so I hope she is home soon. so she can come over. I feel so bad asking ang cause she has so much to do and lives far away. she has to visit dave too. there is a meeting tomorrow about his hospice ( heart failure) but I was worried but she ssaid it is his heart failure and he will probably be home. good news is my daughtder and her boyfreind are going to remove and arrange stuff in the spare room so they can put in a full bed for them to sleep while dave is recuouping. he will need help so she will do it. thankfully. we are probably going to get a home health care aid for our home too ang suggested a wheelchair for days when he is in back pain and weak.. not for all time. he always poo ppoed it and said I would not want a home aid either. dave called me back this evening and I suggested a wheelchair for the days he is in pain and cant stand and falls cause he has no stamina and is weak since his nursing home stay of a month.. good news.. he didd not poo poo it thankfully.... I said it was only for some days anyway. I also told him that we should get a home health care aid too...I said I thought it was a good idea and ang can't be everywhere.. I think since he heard mesay good and he did not poo poo it either. so ang told my son to pay for a wheelchair today... I used a wheelchair at the hospital the day he went in to move from the er to his room on a different floor. I sat in it all day too. I am glad I used it cause I would have had to hold on ang.. plus I would be scared of falling too there. thank god my daughter is a nurse aid she got mad at something at her old work so she quit and work at olive garden now as a server..

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, so happy that your dd and bf will be able to stay with you as Dave recuperates. Hope he is home soon.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
Linda, so happy that your dd and bf will be able to stay with you as Dave recuperates. Hope he is home soon.

dave is a bit better thankfully. they moved him from icu to his own room...i thought my daughter said 2 days maybe for him to come home.. I sure hope that is true
our bath room is not wide enough for a wheelchair unlless we have some one remolder it..plus our living roomneeds rearranged and downsized for a wheel chair too. great news my neice is back in town so I asked if she could come again tomoorow

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

my daughter called 2 times earlier today from the hospital and said she was going to go sleep and come over tonight but she hasnt...I called her at midnght and left a message...she knows I hate being alone and I was crying.. she ever called me back yet..plus I messaged her on FB but she never called back of came over I hope she still comes later.. I can't be mad at her cause of all the stuff she does for us. I have been alone all day too which I hate i really do not have any local freindss any more after a few years since we moved I really do not have any one to call and talk on the phone either I am so sorry for all of you to have to listen to me...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

she did call thankfully.. she worked yesterday..was at te hospital in the night and morning..she waited for some drs...then was told to wait on the people for wheel chair and shower chair and they never came so she sat there many many hours and went home and slept cause she was exhausted.... she is coming over tomorrow morning thankfully to wash clothes for work and go to work.. my neice is coming over early afternon to bring me lunch

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Linda, sorry for your worries. Once the home care agency comes in maybe they can help you figure things out as far as services and equipment to help you and Dave continue to live independently and to stay at home. (((Hugs))) and prayers that Dave is home soon and the services can start.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

they are sending him home today thankfully ang told them she would not take him unless he got a paper that says he needs a wheelchair and shower chair so insurance can pay for it. it depends on how long it takes so he may be home earlier or after my daughter gets off work this evening

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am glad that my neice is bringing me lunch this afternoon I have not seen her for awhile.. since hospitals are so slow he may not get home till this evening.

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

I don't know what I have - Alka Seltzer cold for the night only lasts for a few hours, then I wake up in panic about being tired for work. Claritin doesn't do anything for me, if it's allergy, I need Zyrtek for allergies. I think on Friday before I buy Zyrtek, I'll go to the minute clinic. I want to be better for NYC on Tuesday...

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

well they kept having problems at the hospital so he is coming home tomorrow

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just talked to Dave and he has not heard from my daughter or hospital yet he is upset he is really to come home this am..ang saaid so last night too I messaged my neice again to come over since he might not I sure hope that she can come over and that dave comes home soon like he is supposed to

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

well my neice came over cleaned a bit, took out trash brought food for me ang came over to get clothes for dave so he will be home soon thankfully

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

he is home now thankfully

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

So glad Dave made it home Linda!

All is well here. Could not sleep the other night so putzed around with a couple of LO's. Would like to finish them up this weekend and since I'm in the volume challenge, curious to see what my count is at this point.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• gluemore girl Said:
So glad Dave made it home Linda!

All is well here. Could not sleep the other night so putzed around with a couple of LO's. Would like to finish them up this weekend and since I'm in the volume challenge, curious to see what my count is at this point.

thank you hon
I am sorry that you could not sleep and worked on some pages. that is nice that you joined the volume challenge too

pierced_scrapper
Resident
pierced_scrapper
In response to anda11

Linda, so glad Dave is home!

I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis and now on the mend. It is viral, so I am on an inhaler, cough suppressants, and Mucinex.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl

Feel better Jess!
Linda, hope things are okay at home and that you and Dave got the help you needed.

Started packing for next weekend's crop. I want to bring a bunch of page kits so I don't have to bring a lot of stuff.

Page 99 of 100 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics