Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: JUNE NEW LAYOUTS        (Topic#1577061)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Welcome to the June edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Donna for hosting May!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

June -- Anna
July --- Stacey
August --- Terry
September --- Mandi

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Here is the June sketch. It is by craftysprinkles here at sb.com. Please give her a shout out if you use the sketch.

Sketch 0001 By Craftysprinkles

Layouts using the June sketch:

One Love By Abby0317

US Army By Anna C

remember this By Scrapkaty

Upper Falls By Rockmom

Lunna By Dollscrap

Daughter - Dear To My Heart By Cdjohnson

December 25th By DittoBabyGirl

Edited by Anna C on 06-24-12 06:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Im here Im here!! Once baby comes I promise to get caught up with love in May!

TY all for keeping my friend in your thoughts. There has been no change in his condition. I really wish I could go up and see him. If I wasnt this pregnant I would be taking a road trip up tonight.

Woke up this morning with a sore throat yuck.. AJ is away at daycare/prek for the day so it just Natalia and I right now...Today is definitely going to be a cuddle and nap kinda day. Maybe after a play date of my little ponies. Lol

And TY to Donna for hosting last month and Anna for this month.

Edited by SQ Mandi on 05-31-12 03:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Thanks Donna for hosting May and and Anna for June!!

Good morning to all. I am off today and tomorrow. Of course, quite a bit of today will be spenting cleaning and doing household chores. Tomorrow Priscilla and I are going to see Snow White and the Huntsman.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

I saw the critque of that movie, Cheryl, it is definitely not what I was expecting!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

OOh you will have to post a review of that movie.. A friend of mine who is coming in June wants to see it while she is here..I am not sure about it though.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi June thread...I sure hope I do a better job of keeping up.

my dds and I may see Snow White. I'm intrigued.

So unless she comes today Mandi I guess you'll be having a June baby. My dds still have their My Little Ponies..lol.

Thanks for hosting Anna..I sure do love that sketch. Can we use it in other challenges?

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Hi Jeannie.

Yes, I know. We are hoping baby comes tonight or atleast starts to lol
Jessa and Natalia have all my 80's MLP and Leandra and Ilannas MLP as well as some of the new ones. Tali plays with them mostly.

So I dont know if I had posted, but Saturday we ended up with a new family member. My neighbors great Aunt gave her to us. The aunt was going into a nursing home and could not bring it with her...We have a Black mouth cur dog. She will be 2 in June. Very sweet dog. Great with the kids, and trained so well. I have a pic of her in my gallery. Her name was Dixie but the kids call her Daisy and she seems to have taken to that name. Lol

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Well I do think I am off to charge up my phone and take a mini nap before my phone conference. I will be back later.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Heading out to lunch and Walmart with Priscilla. I have MOST of my cleaning done!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Jeannie, yes the sketch can be used in other challenges. Mandi has the sketch in her gallery here. All she asks is that if we use it, we give her credit for the sketch.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Thanks to our wonderful hostesses, ya'll rock!

Mandi, I thought I might wake up to news of a new little one.

Cheryl, enjoy the movie, I can't wait to hear what its like.

Nice looking sketch Anna, thanks for posting.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

DOO

Boiling Pots Boardwalk Yellowstone By Rockmom

Today is my DD2's and her DH 4th anniversary. Does not seem possible and makes me feel old.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Anna C

count me in!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Twinlets Mama

id like to play please..

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to YourScrapAttack

Rhonda - Welcome! We have very few rules and have a really friendly group. If you didn't already, please take a glance at the very few "rules" that we have. We welcome everyone!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Terry, how is your DH today?

Welcome, Rhonda!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Jeannie, the answer to your question is yes, one large pot full and many pots full, both!

Here is the writeup:

A mudpot — or mud pool — is a sort of acidic hot spring, or fumarole, with limited water. It usually takes the form of a pool of bubbling mud. The acid and microorganisms decompose surrounding rock into clay and mud.

The mud of a mudpot takes the form of a viscous, often bubbling, slurry. As the boiling mud is often squirted over the brims of the mudpot, a sort of mini-volcano of mud starts to build up, sometimes reaching heights of 3–5 feet. Although mudpots are often called "mud volcanoes", true mud volcanoes are very different in nature. The mud of a mudpot is generally of white to greyish color, but is sometimes stained with reddish or pink spots from iron compounds. When the slurry is particularly colorful, the feature may be referred to as a paint pot.

Mudpots form in high-temperature geothermal areas where water is in short supply. The little water that is available rises to the surface at a spot where the soil is rich in volcanic ash, clay and other fine particulates. The thickness of the mud usually changes along with seasonal changes in the water table.

I see that some of the boardwalks now have railings but there are still some without. The ground around these boardwalks may appear to be soild but don't be fooled, it is often just a thin crust with boiling hot water and mud beneath.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi Ladies! Finally made it back from the hospital and everything went very well with the surgery. He's under strick instructions not to lift over 10 lbs until Aug---well, I can enforce that for about 2 days while he hurts!!! We do have a wonderful & talented surgeon so I wasn't worried. (my mom died due to hernia surgery complications & my stress lvl today was hi)

I also hired the bathroom tile work to be done so DH won't try to do it and rip something. When I got the quote the guy was being fair if we were in a great economy! I told him to take off $700 and we had a deal because that was what was in my bank acct. Surprisingly, he did!

Can you believe I'm still messing with the lo I did from the May's sketch. Just something isn't right & I keep tweeking it. I love Mandi's (craftysprinkles) sketch and will do it too!

I really want to see that movie! The dark side of Snow White Disney never imagined!!! Definitely give us some reviews Cheryl!

Thank you Donna & Anna for hosting May/June!
Did the powers that be move this thread to the interactive/challenges instead of the Scrap Chat area??? Just so I know where to go get it when I'm 10% awake!!!

Time to go cook something simple, not spicy, & easy to eat....mashed potatoes come to mind....

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Terry, I guess I posted it in the wrong forum section. I had a terrbile time trying to get the post uploaded. Had it all ready and hit submit and it just vanished. Tried it again and it never would go thru. Finally, got it all loaded. I guess if it is ot supposed to be here, I will get a message to move it. You should probably but it back in the Scrap Chat next month.
I was so consumed with trying to get it uploaded that I didn't realize I was in the wrong place. So sorry for any confusion that I may have created.

Hi Rhonda, welcome to our group. As Cheryl stated earlier, just read the first post and you will be familiar with how things work around here. I look forward to seeing your work posted here.

Edited by Anna C on 06-01-12 02:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Evening ladies.

Welcome Rhonda.

Anna... I was wondering. But it really isnt a big deal, again, thanks for hosting this month. I would love to host one month after baby arrives if thats okay. Maybe August if you dont have anyone lined up?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Mandi - We already have hostesses lined up through August. You can let Anna know if you want to try and do September.

Terry - Glad dh is doing ok. I can only imagine your stress level today!!

Anna - I didn't have any trouble finding it because I just followed the link from the May thread.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

True Love knows no bounds By Cdjohnson

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Anna--I didn't mean anything. I remember you said you had a heck of a time getting it to load. It seems like SB moved the thread when they sub-divided and created the Scrap chat area. So I actually thought that they did it. Megan's mop does more than clean up!!!

Mandi--If you want to do August I don't care--I then will take September. I just can't do October since 2 wk I'll be in AAAAALLLLabama.

Thanks for the good wishes for hubby. I think tomorrow will be hard but he has that ole fave Percocet!

I'm off to do a bit of digi scrapping...found an awesome kit!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Aha....here's June's entry for the sketch. Still pondering over May's LO....

One Love By Abby0317

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to SQ Mandi

hi ladies- just checking in and will catch up on love tomorrow! have a super duper night!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Morning...another sleepless uncomfortable night.

Okay not a problem. I will do September if there is no one lined up:)

Jessa is so excited she has been up since 5. Hubby has off on Fridays now and he promised her he would go to the school this morning and have breakfast with her and then return and have lunch with her too.

We got her class schedule for next week, her last week of school.

Monday she gets to bring in her favorite book and stuffed animal and each student will be taking turns reading to the class, We took her to the store last night and she picked out a book my her favorite author/artist Eric Carle.

Tuesday each child gets to bring in their favorite board game and they will be set in groups, Each child has to show their partner/group how to play. Jessa picked chess..(that is really her favorite board game) but her teacher felt it was too complex for the other kids, so she either wants to bring operation or trouble.

Thursday is Eric carle movie and snack day and then Friday is their award ceremony and last day of school. From whhat I understand Jessa is getting 3 awards.. 2 for the 100 book challenge.. she completed 75 easy reader books in a month and read to another student, and another award for being most helpful. She was apparently the only student to help clean up supplies and put stuff away. Lol

I am off to try and lay down for a bit before its time to do Jessas hair and get hubby up. Ill be back later, providing I am not in labor lol.. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED !!! Lol

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning!

No offense taken, Terry! I didn't realize I had put it in the wrong thread. So I am glad you brought it to my attention. I am guest hosting for another challenge this month and I was already in that forum so I guess that is why I posted it there. It should go back to the correct forum next month to avoid any issues with sb.com team. I assume if I move it back over there now everything we have posted will be lost and we would have to start all over? If you all want it moved back to where it should be, just let me know.

And I love your take on the sketch, Terry! Your layout is very beautiful.

If I need to update the monthly host schedule, please confirm who is doing what month. We currently having hostesses scheduled thru August.

BBL

Edited by Anna C on 06-01-12 02:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good morning-Happy (OMG) June!

Do ya'll realize there are only 206 days left til Christmas???

Thanks Anna for hosting June. Glad you posted the link...I was having a heck of a time finding the thread lol Great sketch you picked out!

Welcome Rhonda! We're a chatty bunch-feel free to jump on in

Denise-that mudpot sounds super scary! You were a brave lil girl to venture out there

We are toying with getting ceramic tile for our kitchen, hallway and downstairs bathroom. The fiance of a friend from work does tilework...just gave him the measurements-will see what he comes up with

Hi hi to everyone!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Anna I wil do Sept

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Good morning!! It is going to be beautiful here today with high of only 71. I am going to try and do some scrapping before we go to the movies and then again this evening. BBL

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to SQ Mandi

WOW Already 2 pages! Thanks Anna for the link.

Crazy weather in tampa, lots of thunder, lightening and rain. Everything is flooded and I'm suppose to be in St. peterburg in a hour.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Ok....I guess I have made a real mess here with posting this thread in the wrong place. Again, I apologize.

Because a lot haven't shown up here yet, I have sent individual emails to the ladies from the May thread with the link to the June thread just in case they don't see it posted in the May thread. My email went to Jo, Cathe, Kim, Ali, Denise, Stacey, Mel, Jeannie, and Katy. These were the rest of the regulars that haven't shown up yet. If you can think of someone that I left out, please let me know and I will send them an email.

Mandi, I have added you to the hostess list for September.

Again, I apologize for creating such confusion on this thread. Please don't kick me out!

Edited by Anna C on 06-01-12 05:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Stacey! So glad you you made it over. So sorry for the confusion!

I posted the thread in the regular forums instead of the scrap chat forums. When you host in July, please post the thread in the Scrap Chat forum.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Ok....Stacey, Ali, Denise, and Jeannie are here now.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

TGIF!
thank donna for hosting may
and thank anna for hosting this month

anna thank for the email but i save the link thru
mandi poor girlfriend
been busy at home trying to find health insurance
for me and dd and everyone i might want is so high dollar plus the canopy that we were looking to get ship but at a store almost in dallas tx so we cancel the order so i can reorder from a store that closer i should have had it ship to my home it was just $3 dh wanted to pick it up will not do this again
will catch up on love and comments,last day of school today wcbl

hi to jeannie/katy/terry/cheryl /ali/jojo/mandi/anna/cath e/and anyone i forgot

Edited by tealbrand on 06-01-12 05:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
WOW Already 2 pages! Thanks Anna for the link.

Crazy weather in tampa, lots of thunder, lightening and rain. Everything is flooded and I'm suppose to be in St. peterburg in a hour.

stacey we had 2 days of bad storm here also with strong wind and thunder,and my back yard look like a swimming pool

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Good morning-Happy (OMG) June!

Do ya'll realize there are only 206 days left til Christmas???

Thanks Anna for hosting June. Glad you posted the link...I was having a heck of a time finding the thread lol Great sketch you picked out!

Welcome Rhonda! We're a chatty bunch-feel free to jump on in

Denise-that mudpot sounds super scary! You were a brave lil girl to venture out there

We are toying with getting ceramic tile for our kitchen, hallway and downstairs bathroom. The fiance of a friend from work does tilework...just gave him the measurements-will see what he comes up with

Hi hi to everyone!

donna my first rent home had ceramic tile in the bath and kitchen it was beautiful,i getting wood floor

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

I found you! I remembered that you put a link in the May thread.
I have no idea how to post a thread. IF i ever learn I can take a turn. LOL

Rainy and cold yesterday. Today is sunny and going to be 66. YHEA! We needed the rain.

This weekend is the Airfest. The planes fly so low and the sound is unreal. On the bright side we don't have to pay to go to the show. Actually I'd really like to go. I should find someone to go with. DH doesn't want to.

Mandi it is so nice that your daughter helped clean up when no one else did. Glad that she is being recognized. What grade is she in?

Better go. Have a great day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to scrappin 2

Yeah, Cathe and Mel are here!!!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Hi Ladies! Finally made it back from the hospital and everything went very well with the surgery. He's under strick instructions not to lift over 10 lbs until Aug---well, I can enforce that for about 2 days while he hurts!!! We do have a wonderful & talented surgeon so I wasn't worried. (my mom died due to hernia surgery complications & my stress lvl today was hi)

I also hired the bathroom tile work to be done so DH won't try to do it and rip something. When I got the quote the guy was being fair if we were in a great economy! I told him to take off $700 and we had a deal because that was what was in my bank acct. Surprisingly, he did!

Can you believe I'm still messing with the lo I did from the May's sketch. Just something isn't right & I keep tweeking it. I love Mandi's (craftysprinkles) sketch and will do it too!

I really want to see that movie! The dark side of Snow White Disney never imagined!!! Definitely give us some reviews Cheryl!

Thank you Donna & Anna for hosting May/June!
Did the powers that be move this thread to the interactive/challenges instead of the Scrap Chat area??? Just so I know where to go get it when I'm 10% awake!!!

Time to go cook something simple, not spicy, & easy to eat....mashed potatoes come to mind....

happy dh surgery went well,i want to see that movie also but will wait until i can buy it kids are out of school here

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

awesome info denise

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Here are three patriotic cards that I have been working on. I used stamping and my cricut for the inside sentiment. Those photos are in my gallery if you want to check them out.

Celebrate By Anna C

Patriotic Card By Anna C

Firecrackers By Anna C

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to YourScrapAttack

• YourScrapAttack Said:
id like to play please..

big welcome rhonda

Edited by tealbrand on 06-01-12 05:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to tealbrand

Hello, everyone! Happy June! It is hard to believe that 2012 is half way over.

Terry: I know about how well men follow "no lifting" instructions. By boyfriend had hernia surgery in Sept., and he WOULD NOT follow those instructions. It would be funny, but he could have hurt himself!

Rhonda: Welcome. I am new to this site as well, having joined mid-May. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Anna: Thank you for hosting!

I am dropping off 2 LOs. Will give as much love as I can b4 I have to leave, then I will finish when I get back.

Kim
Rhubarb Crisp! By Jaspernonyx
Stand by Your Man By Jaspernonyx

Edited by jaspernonyx on 06-01-12 06:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to tealbrand

Me again!

Just droppng off 2 lo's and a card. Thanks SO much for sharing that tutorial Cheryl...I'm addicted to making these cards!

Anna-maybe Megan can move the thread? I'm cool with where it is...I have it saved to my desktop. I was just thinking this isn't a challenge and you know how territorial some people get on these boards. Heaven forBID you post something in the wrong catagory-the claws come and and the fur goes flying lol. Just a thought

Dress Card By DittoBabyGirl

Chocolate Pretzels By DittoBabyGirl

Brickle By DittoBabyGirl

Oh...just a lil vent here. I don't know what is UP with the businesses down here. You arrange for someone to do some work for you (in this case concrete work), they are hired to do the job-setup a day to come out and do the work then DON'T show up. No calls, nothing!!! We, along with our next door neighbor, hired a friend of his to pour some concrete slabs in our backyards. He gave us an awesome price...$500 compared to others who wanted $1000. He was supposed to come out 2 weeks ago. Didn't show, didn't call. Then he was supposed to come Wednesday, same thing. Then oh yeah-Thursday for SURE. Nothing. I flipped out yesterday and told my hubby to cancel the job. I mean...WTH??? The guy shows up this morning...is now pouring the concrete in the POURING rain. I wanna go outside and slap him upside his head. Aurghhhh-that just ticks me off!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Donna, I hope no one from the challenges gets upset. I think I will email Megan to see if she can move the thread.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

i'm in

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Donna, I sent an email. Once I hear back from them, I will let you know what they say.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Hi everyone...heading off to Katy's for a non scrap weekend..at least I am not bringing my scrapcrap..which doesn't necessarily preclude any scrap related activities occurring. We have to meet our older brother for some housecleaning on Saturday at our folks' house...hopefully that won't take too long.

Terry glad your husband's operation went well...for the both of you.

Anna no confusion here..at least no Anna-caused confusion.

Hi Rhonda...welcome to Chatterboxes R Us.

Sad thing...the lss here in town is closing June 30...darn it..the economy and all the construction on the main boulevard here in town has driven away several businesses and hurt a lot of others. Katy and I were just there last Saturday..all seemed well.
There is a beautification project going on to make downtown lovely and a wonderful place to shop...not gonna work if all the businesses keep closing. It's taking forever but should be lovely when completed..in 2025 (kidding)...if there are any business left.

Thanks for the mudpot info Denise....not sure I'd want to walk out there without railing...big chicken here.

Donna thanks for the Christmas heads up.

Hi Mandi..still here I see..lol....so cute about Jessa..love kindergartners. I've got my fingers crossed.

Just read the review of Snow White in the San Francisco Chronicle....bad....that doesn't stop me from seeing a movie. I want to see Moonrise Kingdom. The Chronicle rates movies with a little cartoon man..great movie, he is jumping up and down in his theater seat clapping...pretty good movie., he is sitting up all alert....ok movie, he's just sitting there...not so good movie, he's asleep..bad movie...empty chair. For Snow White..little man was asleep. Moonrise Kingdom, he's jumping up and down on the chair clapping...soooo..
Cheryl..we're having the same weather..will be quite warm later though so I am heading out while it is still cool to wash my car.

Have a great weekend one and all...be back Sunday. Maybe, Mandi you'll have had that baby.

PS.I posted this and then looked above and there are all these layouts and cards and posts that were not there earlier..I swear this MAC is HAUNTED!!..so I am off to leave love.

Edited by dollscrap on 06-01-12 07:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off:

caught! By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

ACU and headed off to the movies. I will give you my review when I get back.

Donna - WHY is he pouring concrete in the rain?!?!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to tealbrand

Thanks Anna.
I really dont see why anyone doing challenges would get upset..this thread does have to do with scrapping. I am okay with where it is.

Cathe..Jessa is in Kindergarten. She is so excited about next week. She said she wanted to send maamma (my mom) and her Auntie Lauren invitations to go. Unfortunately my mom wont beable to make it, due to medical problems shse cant travel the 16 hours, and Jessa doesnt know it yet but Lauren is coming June 22 from Kentucky to see us. Lol

I really hope baby comes today or tomorrow. I am not sure how much longer I can take lol

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to tealbrand

Hi guys! A gorgeous day over here- the weather network says its supposed to reach a high of 21, but I doubt it. It feels warmer than that already!

And, I'm not sure how much I'll be around for a while...maren's started complaining about an itchy bum (every time she pees in her diaper), and so now I think it is HIGH TIME she potty trains! I'm going out this afternoon to buy her panties, because pull ups don't do a darn thing to prevent her from peeing in them! Wish us luck!!

having said that, I will try my darndest to keep up!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

OO, we just did the potty training thing with Cara our DGD. DH, her Poppy, put a jar on the counter and a pile of pennies. Everytime she went potty she got a penny. IF she went without someone asking her she got two pennies and when she went #2 she got five pennies. If she had an accident they took out a penny. When the jar was full her and Poppy went to the playground or the Carousel ponies in the Mall, or to the playground at MickyDs. Did the trick lickty-split! They were here for three weeks so they made several trips. It was so cute, she'd run down the hallway shouting, "Gotta pee in 6 seconds!" Everyone would get outta her way and she made it almost every time. Good luck to y'all!

Anna, no problems from me, I just always add the thread to my favorite topics and get to it from there. Don't feel bad, its not a big deal. I always appreciate y'all hosting each month's threads!!!

Jeannie, I saw some recent photos of the boardwalks and they are much wider than they were in 1965. Notice in the photo how narrow they were, they'd never get away with that nowadays. Someplaces even have railings today.

Mandi, you must be proud of little Jessa!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to rockmom

Ladies, I want to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers you sent up for my friend/brother. I just got the word that he passed away a little bit ago. Please keep his family, especially his children in your thoughts.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

Aww, man, I am so sorry to hear that Mandi. Hugs.

DOO
Mammoth Hot Springs Yellowstone By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Back from seeing Snow White and The Huntsman, and it was FANTASTIC!! Having said that, if you are not into sword fighting as in day of old, this movie might not be for you as there is quite a bit of it but none of it is gory. All the elements of Snow White are there just told in a darker way.

Mandi - sorry about your friend. I will continue to pray for his family. Sure hope you have that baby soon!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Mandi, so sorry about your friend.

Don't think sword fighting is for me, Cheryl.

Terry, how's DH today?

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

TThanks ladies.

Donna I know what you mean. We had some one out here to repair a broken window . Not only did he crack the new glass installing it but he broke the handlw on the window next to it causing that window to not be fully closed..he was suppose to come the next day and fix it and never came..I refuse to pay him until both are repaired correctly and will only pay him for the original repair. Its not my fault he broke the other window and the glass on the new window. Its now been a month and he wont return my calls.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Dropping off:

Make my wish come true By Cdjohnson

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Mandi-sooo sorry to hear about your friend. Thats awful Will keep his family in my prayers

My concrete drama: Turns out I was wrong...they didn't pout the concrete in the rain. Thank goodness my next door neighbor was home. The guy showed up to do the work but my neighbor was like NOT in this rain. The guy was insisting so my neighbor said fine...you pour it but you're gonna come and rip it out and repour it once it cracks. Cause in this rain it WILL crack. The guy refused to guarantee the work so my neighbor said well then I guess you ain't pouring it today. I DON'T want the guy to come back...hubby said he'll see cause of the price. I mean I know its HALF...but if he's gonna do a half *ss job then we ain't saving anything. Grrrrr...men!

Glad I'm done with potty training...my least favorite part of raising kids lol

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

happy girl *Circle Challenge* By Twinlets Mama

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

ACU2H

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Dropping off:

It's a wonderful world By Cdjohnson

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

practice makes perfect! By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

its your day By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

our first home By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
OO, we just did the potty training thing with Cara our DGD. DH, her Poppy, put a jar on the counter and a pile of pennies. Everytime she went potty she got a penny. IF she went without someone asking her she got two pennies and when she went #2 she got five pennies. If she had an accident they took out a penny. When the jar was full her and Poppy went to the playground or the Carousel ponies in the Mall, or to the playground at MickyDs. Did the trick lickty-split! They were here for three weeks so they made several trips. It was so cute, she'd run down the hallway shouting, "Gotta pee in 6 seconds!" Everyone would get outta her way and she made it almost every time. Good luck to y'all!

Anna, no problems from me, I just always add the thread to my favorite topics and get to it from there. Don't feel bad, its not a big deal. I always appreciate y'all hosting each month's threads!!!

Jeannie, I saw some recent photos of the boardwalks and they are much wider than they were in 1965. Notice in the photo how narrow they were, they'd never get away with that nowadays. Someplaces even have railings today.

Mandi, you must be proud of little Jessa!

Thats a super idea! thanks for the heads up!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hello, everyone:

I was at HL this afternoon, looking for stickers for the scrapbook I am making for the first 5 years of the life of the son of a friend. I had just finished the "Jay and santa" page, and I thought his mom said "Thomas the truck" when I asked what Jay wanted from Santa. I thought some stickers would be cute on teh LO. Well, I was looking for "Thomas the truck" stickers and only found "Thomas the train." Tonight I found out that it really IS "Thomas the TRAIN.' I don't know for sure if I will buy them: they come in a pack of 8 for $3.99. I do not need 8, and I don't forsee much of a need for Thomas the Train stickers! But I will have to change that part of the LO.

If consternation over Thomas the Truck vs. Thomas the Train is my biggest problem today, I am doing pretty well!:)

Kim

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to jaspernonyx

Mandi...I'm so sorry for your loss! Very tragic when someone so young passes!
Cheryl...I still want to see Snow White and even more so now.
Anna...thanks for asking. Steve was a hurting dude today. Doc said it was going to happen but the big tough guy didn't believe it. Plus he really wanted to help the tile guy but couldn't, wanted to help me unload groceries & I sent him away. Poor thing...!
Denise/Donna...yep I sent my kids to preschool when it was potty training time! It took them a couple of weeks and it was all over. Beings as we had boys, I put cheap little plastic floating boats in the toilet and the trick was to hit the boat. They were wanting to potty all the time!
Donna...I know here in the NW they pour concrete in the rain all the time. Don't know if something is added or what. But that guy sounds like a jerk and I wouldn't let him back...don't care if he is half price. I've dealt with a few of those types of contractors. One who I've known since he was 17 tried to bill me for his 16 yr old son who just sat around and did no work. I was livid.

Welp, I'm off to bed...long day and I think I get to work pulling weeds tomorrow. (Hope it rains!)

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Morning!

Lots to do today. We have gone form 90 to 50 with lots of wind too. Cold!

Have a great day everyone!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Ladies, I want to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers you sent up for my friend/brother. I just got the word that he passed away a little bit ago. Please keep his family, especially his children in your thoughts.

ss mandi,my prayer are for the familys

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

happy sat

got some insurance that i can afford
dh is at a sporting clay shoot contest !cheryl i cannot wait to see that movie,donna i saw these worker over here pour concrete in the rain and frame the house in the rain :spitcoffee:the new owner are going to have problem

acu2h on love need to go find me a canopy and pay some bills
terry hope dh get better soon,

Edited by tealbrand on 06-02-12 05:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

Mandi so so sorry about your friend. I was praying he'd pull through. I'll remember his family in my prayers. So sad for them.

Kim on the card with the fireworks...is that a stamp or a sticker? It is really cute and The 4thof July is my second most favorite holiday.

Hi to all....and welcome Rhonda.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

LOL, Terry, whan I was the curiculuum director at the private school and preschool we scheduled potty training weeks. Nothing but the kids wearing underwear and taking them to potty all week. Potty taining boot camp! LOL It did work because all the kids saw each other succeding and wanted in on the action. We had to have them potty trained by 3 because our three's classroom had no facilities for diapers, just regular restrooms so if they weren't trained we could not move them up from the 2 1/2 year old class. Not good.

Mel, yay for affordable insurance!!! That is wonderful.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Mandi, so sorry for your loss!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good evening!! I had a great day at work and now home to catch up on my forums and probably do some reading and crocheting before bed.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Cheryl. Enjoy the book and crocheting.

HL had 50% off some scraping stuff. I got an album and a few sheets of pp. Michaels had 40% off and I got some adhesives, pps, and a MS punch. I also had a 40$ off regular prices item so the adhesive for my ATG was $4 off. Js had 50% off scrapbook stuff. I got more pps and another MS punch set.

DH had new AC/heat unit installed today, the old one was way worn out. The furnace had bad holes in it and the condenser was about to rust thru. We got a good deal, hope it does a good job. Its a 1/2 ton larger and has 12 SEER rating. Not the very best rating but it has to be better than the old one and it was a GREAT price.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to rockmom

I'd like to join in. This sounds like a fun challenge and reading the post-you sound like a good group. Just a little worried about putting the lo on the thread. But I will ask for help if I need it when the time comes. I am pretty good about giving love because I love to look at other people's work! Gets the creative juices flowing!

Corky

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to under5feet

Hey corky welcome!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Well both girls are excited about the "pink" potty we bought them yesterday--apparently this one is prettier than their other one!! Typical girls...LOL. WASHED UP ALL THEIR WAFFLE UNDIES today, so tomorrow is the day! Eek! Go babies go!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? May I play? There are six of these so I'm only posting the first and last ones. The rest are in my gallery if you want to have a look LOL!

Facebook Status Updates 2011 By DNA301
Facebook Status Updates 2011 By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Hi Corky! Welcome to the gang! What's your real name? Ilook forward to seeing your work displayed here.

Hi Ashley! Glad you found us.

Terry, DH doing ok?

Denise, we love your photos from Alaska! DH loves them too!

Edited by Anna C on 06-03-12 05:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Good morning!

Sooooo glad its Sunday-yesterday was awful. What a long, mind numbing day. I did buy a bottle of chocolate whipped creme vodka. Gonna use that to make chocolate coconut martinis

The concrete guy came yesterday-looks like he did a good job

Mandi-baby? C'monnnn already!! lol

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thanks, Anna. Glad y'all like them. My DD called and told me my DGDs wanted to see some photos from o ur adventure so I posted a few and then later a few more. I still have a 16 GB SD card full that I have't gotten onto my computer yet.

Welcome Corky! Just so you know: this isn't really a challenge, just a thread to share our new work each month and lots of chitter chatter. If you have't read the first page do so, it has a few rules and instructuons on how to post your new LOs to this thread. There is a sketch that we may or may not choose to do - its not manditory. Please ask if you have questions.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Yellowstone's Ledge Geyser By Rockmom

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Where'd my post go???

I know I said g'morning already!

Concrete was done yesterday-looks good.I was at work when the guy came so whats done is done

Mandi-baby?

Working on s'more Christmas lo's...gotta do 2 more cards for birthdays

Have a great Sunday AGAIN

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Ok...so after I posted AGAIN my original post appeared!

No...I have not been drinking lol

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Ok...so after I posted AGAIN my original post appeared!

No...I have not been drinking lol

LOL, I guess the website is saying, "Nana nana boo boo! Gottcha!" hehehe, sorry just in a strange mood for me today.

Meeting some friends for lunch at Chilis. yum

Edited by rockmom on 06-03-12 09:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

Ok...now I'm drinking

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Donna, you are so funny!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Anna C

Hi Anna,

My real name is Coreen, but my friends call me Corky. I answer to both!

I love the wavey smilie(:

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Donna--I think just talking about choc coconut martinis made you looppyyy!!!! LOL
Rhonda & Corky--Welcome to the thread. As Denise said just ask if you have questions but definitely ready pg 1.
Mandi---baby??? The suspense is killing me!

My 2 dgd are all about pink and to be a stinker I buy clothes in Blue, Purple, Yellow & Green. It's funny because they --being 8 & 9---will rolls those eyes at me and then the question: did it come in pink Nonna? Always makes me laugh!

DH is getting bored doing nothing. DS#2 whole family came yesterday and we pulled 1000 weeds, weedwacked the whole 2 acres, pressure washed the patio, trimmed bushes, and hauled off all the dead limbs from winter. And Steve just watched. Then I mowed the yard today. He wants to go to work tomorrow and I'm letting him!

BBL...hi to everyone! Hey did anyone see the actual history show for the Hatfields/McCoys? It was on the history channel all weekend. Great info and photos.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Hey Coreen! Thanks for letting us know. If you have any questions about the very post or anything else about this group, just let us know.

Have a good evening ladies.

Be back on Monday.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

We're back....got a speeding ticket on the way to Katy's...shoulda know better but all the pokey motor homes really slow things down (lotsa recreational stuff up Katy's way..lakes, mountains, Yosemite..and just twolane roads) sooo I was trying to get around one that had slowed traffic down 50 miles earlier..got around him then and later stopped for gas...guess what..I caught up with him again and went around him again..fast...guess what..Officer Ripley of the California Highway patrol got me..saw him in the rear view mirror with his lights on...what a sinking feeling...but he was way back and never sped up and turned his lights off at one point and so I was surprised when he stopped me SIX miles later...that's gonna cost me..dang...today I crept home very slowly.
I needed one of Donna's chocolate coconut martinis..that sounds good.
We spent yesterday with two of our brothers cleaning Mom and Dad's house...it looks spic and span now..lowered the price again..to what other houses are selling for...finger crossed. Had a nice lunch with the brothers.

Mandi...ok so fingers crossed for this week! I think this is the 3rd sunday I've said that...Come ON Baby!!
Also Mandi I am soo sorry about your friend.

Gosh Terry I think you worked harder than we did.

Hi all you other peeps!

Welcome Corky! I have a pic of my mom like your avi..she was being a witch at the Candlelighters Haunted House years ago.

It is gorgeous here the last few days...more rain by Wednesday..sigh.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Welcome Corky!!

I just got in from work and finished eating a bite. Will probably do more crocheting and reading before the night is over. I am off the next 3 days. Yipee!! Scrapping time for me.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to cdjohnson

Hi ladies.
Welcome to the new comers, this is a great group to be a part of!! I look forward to seeing your projects.

Well, no baby yet, and what sucks is, yesterday their head nurse called to cancel my appointment for tomorrow and rescheduled it for June 6th . No contractions today, or for the last 2 days either..as of tomorrow I will be 9 days over due. I am starting to think baby will never come. I really hope that baby comes before the end of the week. June 7 and 8the are both bad days for us. June 7 my Nonna (she was my great grandmother) died, and June 8 is Jessas award ceremony, she will be heart broken (as will I) if we miss it.

I am off to lay in bed and read for a bit. Baby has been really active most of today and my sides and stomach are actually sore.

I am still behind on gallery love. I was suppose to work for 4 hours today, I ended up only working two, and then I dozed off on my couch while working. When I woke up, the net was out and it still hasnt come back on yet. I ended up calling customer service and they think my box is bad so theyre sending some one out tomorrow. So I am on my phone right now checking in.

Cheryl Yay for 3 days off

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to SQ Mandi

Hello, everyone! Hope you all have a great evening.

Just got back from my boyfriend's dad's house. The 2 of them always have some project going on (usu. outside), and when I ask if I can do anything, Mark's dad always says the house could use a dusting and vacuuming. There is no dust anywhere, and the carpets look perfect! If he wants to see DUST... or a carpet in need of vacuuming...Well, I dust and vacuum every time we're out there, laughing the whole time.

Welcome to new members!

I will catch up on love tomorrow. I don't like to get on Mark's dad's computer bc I swear it hates me. Out of nowhere, something will pop up asking me if I want to do something, and saying if i say "yes" the computer may crash! Seriously! I don't like to touch the thing!

We are having a BBQ tomorrow evening with my BFF and her boyfriend. Look for a LO of the gathering soon!

Mandi, I am so sorry about your loss. And I feel terrible: I said prayer when I heard of his plight, but forgot to add him to my morning prayers. Well, I learned from this: from now on, I am keeping a list!

Off to play with some new supplies for a while.

See y'all tomorrow!

Kim

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to jaspernonyx

Mandi--you are making it too comfy inside and little one wants to stay there! Need to go horse back riding or 4 wheeling over some sand dunes. I guarantee that little one will pop right out!

Off to bed...night ladies!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Abby0317

Oh believe me Terry. As a horse back rider of 29 years now that was the first thing I wanted to do this past weekend. At first hubby said yea go ahead, but apparently he didnt think I was being serious until I dug out my riding gear lol But hubby has his fears that (even thought Ive never done it yet) I will fall off or get kicked in the stomach and that baby would be hurt.. totally valid concerns but I just wish he would let me do more to try and get baby to come. He wont ven drive over some speed bumps for me. Lol

Kim, thanks. Either way, i have had to make myself realize, it was his time to go. There are bigger plans for him somewhere else, just not here with us. I have so many good memories of him, and I can keep his memory alive that way. I will miss seeing him and talking with him terribly though.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics