Page 3 of 6 
Username Post: JUNE NEW LAYOUTS        (Topic#1577061)
newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Kim I think two layout is a good goal. I hope you enjoy your class.

Courtney thanks for informing me that I can buy on Scraptutante! I love that latest kit, but I think it has the Simple Stories papers that I already have. I sure have trouble remembering the name....Scraputante, but I have it bookmarked.

Anyone can buy at scraputante, and they dont just have kits...they have the latest and greatest papers in their store...I am so excited about July's kits...ill give you a hint there will be 2 different ones offered

The simple stories papers in this kit is summer fresh...

Feel free to ask me any questions about over there...she is hosting a charity crop this weekend if anyone lives close to NJ LOL....i have to go hit the button on my order so she can give it to me saturday LOL

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Summer By Anna C

School By Anna C

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

good morning

Mandi I was hoping baby would arrive yesterday. That was my son's 42 nd birthday. We don't have many kids in our whole subdivision. I think everyone is in their 60's and 70's. Anyway two Jr. high kids were walking home. Said hi and I asked if it was the last day, they said yes, and the girl said,.."and it's my birthday" I said, oh it is my son's. Then she said "well that makes 5 people I've heard of that have birthdays today" So I knew he/she would come..but didn't. (sigh for you)

Now I want kits....I could spend all day on the computer blog hopping and looking at different companies. I'd best get up and get some work done.

Anna I love your two pagers.

Have a great day everyon.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

thank denise i got the answer from earthbox
facebook,they needed some calclum and the pepper are defect or deform so i use pickling lime to stop it,thank for the list

it rainin all week so my time here is off and on AT&T,i hate them it dark and gloomy my ribs are not hurting but it a little sore we had chinese foods a couple of days ago and my stomach feel like it in knots cannot wait toget my card so i can get a wellness ckeck up and stop the madness,
congrats stacey
jeannie i am not a super gardner just like being outside and watching things grow
poor mandi maybe she need a regular dr or better insurance,just saying it not good to go over duedate unless something wrong!!and with her havin kids before that baby should have been here
hi to donna/katy/stacey/ali/cat he/anna/jo/rachel/terry and anyone i miss so many new ladies
i am not trying to buy any new stuff but with my secret sister and cc bargain i cannot help myself but i will try also,we are almost finish with some of our improvement,i think he will do the cabinets anfd floor for our anniversary
acu2h and love the layout and cards

Edited by tealbrand on 06-07-12 07:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Thanks Cathe!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Anna C

Hi, everyone:

JCI very quickly. I have a lot of reading to do: there is a test every day over the units covered. The instructor is not so organized in presenting the material, but the text book is logical, specific and easy to follow.

Mel: A couple of years ago, my mom bought me an earthbox. I didn't do anything with it right away, then I moved and lost it. I think that, with your successes with it, I will buy another one!

Mandi: hugs!

I checked out the Scraputante kits, and i decided that they were more than i wanted to spend. I am, even thru my whirlwind scrappy spending the past few months, a poor girl!

Thanks to everyone who commented on my pages about my grandpa. Making those pages was very therapeutic. Didn't want to just air family dirty laundry, but after 30 years it was time to forgive. And of course I had to scrap that!

Off to read. BBS to catch up on love,
Hope everyone has a great day!

Kim

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to jaspernonyx

Good Morning Ladies!

Cheryl--those are terrific fun cards! You always come up with the best ones ever!!!

Anna--love your 2 pg LO!! I know waaaaayyyy back when the trend was always to do 2 pg and as many pics as you could get onto them. I'm going to do a couple soon too! Probably more disney stuff!

Courtney--thanks for the lead. I did go to scraputante and order a few sheets of the Pion pp as well as a DA compass. Pretty nice site!

All I've got to say is this: if you don't tell anyone how much you buy in the scrappy world then you really didn't buy anything! So no need for a scrap diet!!!! Kinda like the calorie thing...eat in the dark--no calories! Of course beings as we all have that spending affliction, we understand therefore you can tell us ---just no one else. Especially hubbys!!!!

Speaking of spending--I need to get scrapping cuz I've have 3 new shipments of pp come in...to add to the 1000 sheets I already have!!!

HUgs*****

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Abby0317

OH Terry, I can enable with the best of em LMAO!!
I have a pin on my pinterest that says "I'm a scrapbook addict, I need a 12x12 step program" lmaoooo that about sums it up!

I hope Mandi is doing well...and lets hope the baby makes an appearance very soon

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Terry, I have always been a fan of two pagers and guess I always will be. I like for my lefts and rights to at least blend if they aren't real too pagers. KWIM? I got away from doing two pagers then got back into them and joined two two pager kit clubs. Giving serious consideration to cancelling both of them for a while until I get some of my stashed kits used up.

I've got two more two pagers in the works as well as two other single page layouts. Hope to get back to them soon but we decided to take down the wall paper in the living room and have been busy with that. Wallpaper actually came down with no problem the big issue now is getting the glue off the wall. It's going to take several good washings to get it all removed. Then I guess we will paint...my favorite thing to do.....NOT!!!

Have a good evening ladies. Be back in the a m!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

I'd come help paint Anna, I enjoy painting. Yes, getting the glue off is horrible. I didn't get it off what is now my scrap room, and after a bit the paint cracked. What a mess. The wall still isn't right.

Mel glad to hear the ribs are better.

Courtney I love your humor...yes we probably all need that 12x12 step program!

I used to do two pagers all the time. I still do at Christmas. And I will of our upcoming camping trip.

I have two of the grandkids tomorrow, so don't know if I'll be around in the am.

Have a good evening and a great tomorrow. (Hope that baby comes)

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Mandi - I totally understand the 2 week rule early or late but after a couple of kids I didn't think that rule still applied. Oh well, I would be thinking of ways to evict he/she.

I was just stopping by to see what everyone had accomplished while I was away for the day. I have to work again tomorrow. I will be in again tomorrow evening.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Morning all!

So happy the end of the week is drawing near. I have a short week next week then will be off for 6 days! I'm hoping the rain lets up-we're going to Disney next weekend

I started out doing only 2 page lo's..now I pretty much only do one page lo's. I am SUCH a slow scrapper I wasn't getting much accomplished

Today is the last day of school. By noon my baby will officially be a high school senior (yikes!)

See ya'll later!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!! Somehow I am ready early today. Didn't sleep well. The neighbors were outside at their fire pit and pool and starting laught and talking really loud around 1:30. I finally turned a fan on to drown out their noise and went back to sleep around 2 a.m. Now I am tired and have to go to work! See you tonight.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Ya know...I really gotta say I love love loveee my Cricut Imagine. I'm so glad I bought one despite the bad reviews it got. It cuts SO good...like butter. With my Expression I was never able to cut small intricate things. I love that I can create matching embelishments or just match something to the paper I am using. I'm very impressed. They're not selling them in stores anymore cause they are discontinued but I have a great E**y seller I can refer you to

Thats all folks....

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Donna...I am so jealous..I cannot wait to go back to Disney...we go every year in November. I dont have any time off this month I may have to change that LOL

I doubt I will have scrappy time today..I get off work at 2:30 on fridays in the summer, but try to get my house chores done before hubby gets back from the store (we own a bait and tackle store for those who dont know)...and i secretly wish it was a scrappy store all the time LMAO!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Me again...just wanted to share this tip I just came across. If you type your journaling (I do-hate my handwriting) what you can do instead of just typing plain old black letters on a white background....is make a text box and FILL it with color..then use white text. Looks pretty cool!

Here is a tool I figured I'd share...have been using it for years and works awesome with the tip above. Its called Pixie...its a free color matching tool. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.php

I'm working on a lo using Bo Bunny's Blitzen paper...I wanted my text box to match the paper. I found a pic of the paper online..opened up Pixie to get the RGB code then used it to fill my text box. Now my printed text box matches my paper perfectly!

Aight...gotta get ready for work (pout)

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning.

I want to go to Disney too!

I will have may two grandkids today ages 11 and 6.
I see them every Sunday, but get some extra time with them today. The little guy age 6 likes to "scrap" as he calls it. Maybe he's the next Tim Holtz. LOL

Have a great day....thinking of Mandi, fingers crossed the baby arrives safe and sound.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Thanks for the link, Donna. I've never been to Disney before but would love to go.

Hugs Mandi!

Cathe, I am going to wash my walls several more times to get rid of any residue before I paint. In fact, I am going to let the walls "set" for a while before I even start to paint and then wash them again before painting. It will probably take me all summer to finish this project.

Have a good day ladies.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Anna C

Anyone who hasnt been to Disney, really needs to put it on their bucket list...It is heaven on earth for DH and I LOL..

Im sure once the kids come, our experience will change a bit, but thats ok...

We havent been to Disneyland in a long time, so we want our next trip to be out there I think. (this years trip is already booked)

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Good morning all...

Donna--great tips! Another one is if you have a scanner, scan part of the paper you want as accent with text, fill the text block with it and then add your text. When do you leave? I also went looking for the Imagine and couldn't find it anywhere. Now I know why...
Cheryl--I'd yell out the window that people have to go to work & if that didn't work, at 6am I'd make such a racket!!!
Mandi---you need to get po'd at those dr & tell them enough is enough. It's time for baby!!!

Off to do errands, etc.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Nice tips y'all! TFS

Still no baby for Mandi, she was on FB earlier.

I've been writing captions for and editing my 2580 photos from the first SD card. Not even halfway finished. LOL There are a lot of duplicates taken with different settings and it was hard for DH to resist taking dupes, the scenery was so fabulous and grand. Then I'd get the camera and take the photos too but with a different angle or perspective. lol

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Gosh....sigh...I'm behind again. Good morning one and all.

Even after getting lots of new stuff, I had no mojo all week and HAD to do at least one layout for a challenge due today...even my new G45 pps couldn't inspire me...then I decided to look through the photos on my memory card and see if I could find something there to scrap and lo and behold the first pic there was this one..I didn't take that shot..she must've..I remember telling her the other day I love that lipstick and she should take a pic cuz she looked so lovely..I guess she did...anyway that was the mojo boost I needed...that and the pretty layout I lifted and thanks to Katy I had a square doily and pps that looked great with the photo.
Style By Dollscrap

Caught up on the love.

see no baby yet.

Donna...I guess I should go on a scrap diet now...I am getting my Swirlydoos kit today or tomorrow AND my latest order from SB. Also I need to go into my lss and buy some stuff from her as she is closing for good on June 30..so sad...such a nice shop and only a half mile away....but after that..except for adhesives or basic stuff....no new scrapcrap til the expo in August..unless Katy comes before that and makes me go Berkeley...lol.

Courtney )I hope it's Courtney..new to scrapping???...anyway I Love Disneyland too...my younger dd (nearly 23) needs to LIVE there lol. I hope to go again later this year...it is a magical place. ALas, my dh won't go there although we are working on him for this year since he will be on a business trip in LA around the same time my brother and sis in law are going to D-land (they go 3 times a year). fingers crossed.

Tummy growling..off to eat!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to dollscrap

LOL yes Im Courtney LOL...disney is the best place ever...Disney world is where we usually go...thank goodness my DH loves it as much (if not more) than I do LOL...

Glad your finding your mojo..now can you share some of it with me?? LOL

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Terry-great tip! I'll have to try that

Disney is awesome...definitely bucketlist worthy. We've only been to Disney World, not Disneyland. That was the first out of state trip I was ever on when me and hubby were dating-we went there on our honeymoon too. Its easy for us to go now cause we're only 45 minutes away. We'll alternate between Disney, Epcot and MGM-been to Animal Kingdom once...it was ok. We go the week before Christmas every year for an overnight stay.It helps to have friends who can get us free tickets-they are getting pretty pricy!

My vacation is planned as follows: (for those interested-if not feel free to skim lol)

Wednesday:Chris & Marissa come in at 11:00 am. I work half a day-get off at 3:30. We're all going to a Met game that night
Thursday:I work a half day-get off at 4:30. Just gonna hang out at home
Friday:Joe's Crab Shack for lunch, Olive Garden for dinner in Orlando. We'll probably go to Downtown Disney and play mini golf
Saturday:out for breakfast then head over to Disney. we're gonna try to squeeze in Epcot too
Sunday:dinner with the family
Monday and Tuesday:Beach in the morning, pool in the afternoon
Wednesday: will go out for a late lunch then take the kids to the airport

Jeannie-let me know how your scrap diet goes lol

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening just checking in after a LONG day at work!! I don't when I will be in tomorrow. We are heading to the farm tomorrow. I don't think I mentioned it in here but my mother-in-law has been diagnosed with throat cancer and spread to her lungs. They say the chemo she would require will have to be done at Vanderbilt in Nashville which is about 2 1/2 hours from her house. I am hoping to see all the paper work the doctor has given her so far and see exactly what we are looking it. Have a great weekend!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

So sorry to hear that Cheryl.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear that too! I hope you & your family can work it out.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Abby0317

Cheryl, I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers and hugs for you, your MIL and your family!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Twinlets Mama

So sorry to hear about your MIL, Cheryl! Hugs to you and your family!

This site is so freaking slow!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Cheryl-prayers for your MIL

Jeannie we went to Disneyland on our honeymoon too. We went to CA. so I could meet my dh's dad. His parents divorced when he was about 7. We took our kids there twice. My college roommate lives in Huntington Beach. We stayed with her. I haven't been to Disney World. I hope your dh goes.

Yes, Anna, sb.com has seemed so slow lately!!!

I hope those Dr. are monitoring Mandi and her baby. I'm concerned as I know all of you are.

Those with rain ---send it out way please. These beautiful days are awesome, but we need the rain.
Our only chance is Monday and it's a 50-50 chance.

Have a great day.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Jeannie where did you find square doilies?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Happy Saturday to you all.

We are still getting rain, which is great but its messing with my head and allergies.

Kids are coming over this evening for steaks on the grill. Gonna make lemonaid: I use the juice from 4 small lemons, 3 small limes, and 1 orange. Cut slices and float on the juice, add water, sugar to tasete, 6 to 8 marachino cherries and some of the juice. Delish! Also gonna make fresh strawberries sliced, sliced bananas, a small amount of sugar and orange juice and serve on shortcake or just as-is. A fresh salad and some corn on the cob finishes it. That is if I can get rid of this headache.

Mandy, how is the blood pressure today?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

I'm back from visting my inlaws. She is having her first appointment with her cancer doctor on 6/25. The tumor in her neck has grown quit a bit since we were there 2 weeks ago. I know the doctor she is going to see and think he is a good doctor. He is from another country so I am not quite sure how well my mil will like him. She has lost about 3 pounds in just a month. Her clothes are hanging on her, and I am very worried that she isn't going to last long.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Afternoon!
Cheryl...I sure hope all will be well with your MIL...sending hugs!!
Cathe....we left 7am to go train the dogs and the outside temp was 48. At noon it was 53. And yes, it's rained, sprinkled, misted, and even a few of those "end of days" downpours all thru last week. And I'd rather have this than 90 deg temps!
Anna...have you also noticed the page skips and jerks when you move the cursor down. It's like a time warp reaction.
Jeannie...I ordered 4 of those Pion pp which came today. Holy cow are they gorgeous. DH said I need to dress up Ms Emma like one of the 20's photos and do a LO with her & these pps! The man is getting creative!
Donna...I think after I said that about the scrappy diet that I need to join you! I've order (& inc the Scraps of Elegance kit) appox 50 sheets of new pps. They are coming out with such gorgeous ones---A ladies diary, Little Miss Sunshine, and the list just goes on!
Denise...have you eaten yet? I'm trying to get on a plane as fast as possible!! That lemonade sounds so yummy, and fresh strawberries...wow....

Hi to everyone...need to run & look productive.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl I will keep your mil in my prayers..I'm so sorry about this.

And I see no news from Mandi...poor thing.

Courtney...I sent some Mojo out into the air...hope it finds you. Buy something scrappy.

I drove by my soon to close lss today on the way to BART to pick up Roni and saw there is a 40% off sale going on...tomorrow I need to stop in and wish her well.

Speaking of Roni and BART...she still hates the train but it beats sitting in traffic...her latest adventure...the guy sitting next to her on Wednesday threw up...fortunately not on her and her stop was next. No wonder she hates BART.

Fax me some lemonade Denise. That sounds yummy and refreshing.

Donna sounds like a fun week planned.

Katy emailed me today on her way to a Giants baseball game...they won. Maybe she will be on here this weekend..she's way behind but I told her not worry about...just jump right in. She does check in occasionally to see if Mandi has had her baby.

Here's one I did of Vicki. I should be doing a layout for Swirlydoos cuz I have a RR challenge lo due tomorrow but once I got this pic of Vic I had to scrap it first.

Tree Hugger By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

JCI and MMS

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I hope things improve for your mil. Cancer is very ugly.

Still no word from Mandi I see. I haven't been on facebook since early this morning so I don't know if she has been on there or not. I hope she is at the hopsital having that baby already!

Terry, yes I have noticed how things jump around here. Also when I am in a forum and open a layout to leave love and then hit backk, it doesn't take me back to where I was at before leaving love. It takes me back to the top of the page then I have to cursor down thru everything.
The slowness of this site really grates on my nerves. It does seem a bit faster tonight but still not what it should be.

Night all!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Checking in. No baby yet but good news ...i will be heading to the hospital sometime tonight! Contractions started coming lightly and a little far a part about 2 hours ago, along with some other things I cant post here...Doctor either wants me to wait until they are 6 about min apart OR until more of what else was happening happens. So sometime tomorrow baby should be here!! Right now contractions are about 8 to 10 min apart.. not too painful but enough to make me know whats going on. I will update on fb later, and if I can, here too.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

All right! The baby is on its way! yay!

Cheryl, I am so sad to hear your mil is so ill. I pray for her.

LOL, plenty of lemonade left, come on over! I ended up adding some canned crushed pineapple and juice. It ended up more a non alcaholic sangria. very good.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Checking in. No baby yet but good news ...i will be heading to the hospital sometime tonight! Contractions started coming lightly and a little far a part about 2 hours ago, along with some other things I cant post here...Doctor either wants me to wait until they are 6 about min apart OR until more of what else was happening happens. So sometime tomorrow baby should be here!! Right now contractions are about 8 to 10 min apart.. not too painful but enough to make me know whats going on. I will update on fb later, and if I can, here too.

YAYAYAY!!!! ***Doing a little happy dance for you***!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

YAYYYYY Mandi....best of luck!!

Cheryl...so sorry to hear about your MIL. Thoughts and Prayers for you and your family...

Jeannie...thanks for sending over the mojo it helped today...I was on a major roll! Im going to drop off the 4 layouts I did today and hope to get some scrappy time in tomorrow...in between laundry

Tea Party *Scraputante* By Newtoscrapping2011

Always your Little Girl *Scraputante* By Newtoscrapping2011

Nana and Me *Scraputante* By Newtoscrapping2011

Glory Days **Scraputante** By Newtoscrapping2011

thanks for looking..hope everyone is having a great weekend

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

mandi---waiting on pins n needles!
Watching csi ny n typing with one finger---on the iPad. Slowwwwwwww....
Bbl

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Going to bed....hopefully when I check in tomorrow there will be a new little scrapper...good luck Mandi...hope she shoots right out painlessly and fast.

Nighty Night

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dollscrap

Morning!

Just saw on Mandi's Facebook that they prepped her for a C-section about 1/2 hour ago

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I see Mandi is finally going to have her baby. I can't wait to see pictures.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

ACU2H

Sorry to hear about your MIL Cheryl

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Well F*I*N*A*L*L*Y!!! And then with all that "we'll wait" ******** Mandi still has to have a C section?

DH has us doing some finishing projects for the bath today which also includes a trip to the home improvement store too. What happened to the dr's orders of not stretching or lifting? oh well....

Hope you all (& for cheryl, mel, & denise y'all) have a great sunday.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Abby0317

Morning. Ashley Elizabeth Valentin was born at 946 this morning. She was 7lbs 14oz and 20 inches long. She is perfect! I had a emergency c section (she was transverse which they put me to sleep for.

There are pic on fb. If anyone wants to share one.

We named her after her god mother, Lauren Ashley and after my mom,

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SQ Mandi

Yeah Mandi! Many congrats to you and the the hubbs! I am so glad that baby is here! Love the name too! She is beautiful!

ACU2H. BB soon for a drop off.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

YAY Mandi! She is a little doll.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Congratulations Mandi!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

DOO

Sour Lake By Rockmom

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

A little mini bomb from me!

All of these were made with the August 2010 My Creative Scapbook kit. One kit down and a tub full waiting. TFL and commenting!

ALWAYS By Anna C

CHERISH By Anna C

HOKIES By Anna C

Best Wishes Aways By Anna C

cherish this day By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 06-10-12 12:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

so nice to see some Anna creations!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise! I was determined to knock out a kit this weekend. Nothing left but a few pieces of scraps that weren't big enough to save. So glad to have one down. Sad thing is, I have a tub full of kits waiting to be scapped.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Good Sunday!!!

Can't wait to see pics of little Ashley here...Congratulations Mandi! 'bout time huh?! ...glad she is perfect and hope you mend fast and painlessly!

Courtney, glad I could help with the mojo. great layouts.

Anna wow! Lovely work!

Sour Lake....does it taste funny??

Here is one from me.
Daddy By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

ACU2H

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

LOL, yes, Sour Lake tastes funny. Being a hydrothermal feature of Yellowstone it stands to reason.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to rockmom

ACU2H

I'm exhausted. Went to Sam's Club this morning. Helped hubby clean out the lanai when I got home. We hung up sheer brown curtains on both side panels of the lanai. I love the way it looks...so cozy and more private

Gonna watch a movie with hubby now

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

here's another from me:

Lower Falls, Yellowstone By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Dropping off a digi:

Bloom By Cdjohnson

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to rockmom

ACU2H

Mandi Congrats on your new baby girl and I am glad she is finally here

Hope you have a speedy recovery...

why do the weekends go so fast.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Mandi Congratulations!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

ACU2H

Thanks ladies for all your kind comments on my little bomb! I do appreciate them!

Night all!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Morning. Ashley Elizabeth Valentin was born at 946 this morning. She was 7lbs 14oz and 20 inches long. She is perfect! I had a emergency c section (she was transverse which they put me to sleep for.

There are pic on fb. If anyone wants to share one.

We named her after her god mother, Lauren Ashley and after my mom,

Congrats mandi! The ridiculously long wait is finally over! Such a beautiful name. Can't wait to see pics!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Dropping off another digi:

It's the little things By Cdjohnson

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

acu2h and mms

how was everyone's weekend?! we spent the night in Edmonton to celebrate the girls' twin cousins' first birthday! Another whirlwind weekend is over. And, i just.can't.believe. that fathers' day is next weekend, already! where does the time go?!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Hellllllooooooo!!!!
First of all... Mandi, FINALLY! Congratulations and welcome Ashley Elizabeth! It's about time you made an entrance into this world! Can't wait to see photos!

Secondly, welcome Rhonda, Corky, and Courtney! You'll love it here!

Anna, thanks for hosting... I had saved the thread in my faves until it found its way to scrap chat. I just haven't had a chance to post anything.. This is my first post of the month....and it's almost half way through! I am working on this month's sketch...all it needs is a title... So you get to deal with stripping wallpaper?!? When we moved into this house almost every room was wallpapered....now, not one room has any paper!... What a chore! I don't remember any of those scrap papers from my MCS kits....your recent layouts are gorgeous! You got your mojo going!

Terry, how is hubby healing? My DH had his last hernia surgery in mid December 2010. A week later he went Christmas shopping with me.. Of course I did the driving... But by lunch time he was sick....and tired... Especially using the crutches..He hardly ate lunch, so I knew he was hurting!

Donna, so how did the cement job go? It's so hard for us to find anyone up here to do anything.. DH and I found a contractor, "no job too small"...all we wanted was some rock work done to the front of the house.....he wanted to sell us a new roof!!! Another one wanted to replace our front deck! Neither called us back with estimates for the rock work. Thanks for the journaling tip....I'm going to have to try that!

Cheryl, I so want to see that Snow White movie as well!
The previews look good. I'm impressed...you went into Michaels and just bought what you went in for? What's your secret? I'll be keeping your MIL in my prayers.

Ali, good luck in your potty training adventures!

Jojo, you are definitely one busy lady..I'm going to have to go check out you website.

Courtney, I love the Expos...my sis, dollscrap and I go to 2 each year. But there are none of those CK conventions in northern CA that I've heard of.

Kim, Good luck of sticking to your scrap budget next month...let us know how you do!

Mel, I hope you're feeling better. Can't wait to see photos of your newly painted house..

I have been reading the posts when I can, but this is the first time I could post something.. I sure had a lot of catching up to do! Work sure does get in the way of doing fun stuff..
Some of the flowers in my garden got a touch of snow a couple of weeks ago and withered away...and the others lost a lot of blooms....so I cleaned them up and fed them and bought them some more friends....

I'm working on a layout using this month's sketch. All it needs is a title...I'm stuck...it's a photo of my eldest DD with my Mom back in 2002... Taken the day of my DD's high school graduation. My Mom passed away about 4 months later. It's so hard to think of a title for this layout...

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!

Edited by Scrapkaty on 06-10-12 08:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

Good morning! Hope you all had a great weekend!

I saw some new photos of Mandi's baby this morning on Facebook. She's a little doll!

Katy, yes, I am ashamed to say that kit was from MCS Aug 2010. My tub is full of kits that I have not touched yet. Sometimes when the kits came, I didn't have suitable photos at that time, couldn't figure out how to use the papers, or simply didn't have the time right then and there to work them up. While I still love their site and visit it often, I no longer subscribe to their kits. I got into the same situation with Swirlydoos too. Got several of their older kits in my stash. I have been cutting back on what I buy until I can use up a good portion of my stash and get a lot of my kits worked up. But there are so many gorgeous papers available so it is hard.

Have a great day ladies!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Katy-the guy came to do the cement work the very next day since it wasn't raining. He did a good job except for the extra cement that is smeared over the existing piece that was there

We put up sheer curtains in our lanai yesterday. I loveee the way it looks. Makes it feel so cozy. Figured I'd share some pics

My Lanai By DittoBabyGirl

My Lanai By DittoBabyGirl

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Since Mandi said it was ok to share...I figured I'd do the honors

Introducing the long awaited Ashley Elizabeth

SQ Mandi's newest lil princess Ashley Elizabeth By DittoBabyGirl

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Thanks for posting the baby photo, Donna! I meant to do it earlier and ran out of time.

Katy, you mentioned that you didn't remember those papers from any of your MCS kits. Those papers were from the Aug 2010 Limited Kit. I've still got the main kit to scrap.

Edited by Anna C on 06-11-12 05:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Anna-a "lanai" is what Floridians (not that I am a Floridian) call a screened in room that is attached to your house. I have sliding doors in my kitchen that open up into the lanai. Its pretty big considering I don't have a pool in it. When Floridians have a built in pool they get it screened in. Our pool is an above ground pool so its outside of the lanai

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Awesome what an adorable baby!! So glad you shared

The sheers look awesome in the lanai

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Wow a beautiful baby Mandi, she is adorable. I love the name. My husband wanted that name for our daughter 34 yrs. ago. Her birthday is tomorrow.
Glad she if finally here.

I love the sound of the word Lanai...ours are just patios and porches.

Yesterday while starting supper..went to wash the strawberries...NO WATER!! The man is here now putting in a new pump on the well. It will be expensive but it could have been worse....if they had to drill a new well. So all is good. I still had my coffee this am. I got water from the neighbor. We also have a water cooler.

Better go get some work done. bbl

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone!

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. Mark and I spent the weekend at my mom's new house. She has lots of projects around the house she wants to work on, and, even though there are family and friends around her, no one has volunteered to help her with stuff! They leave a 63-year old woman to do it by herself. Mark and I are 2 hours away, and we come just about every other weekend to help (the other weekends are spent at Mark's dad's house--he's 82 and a widower. He also has projects that we don't want to leave him alone for). My mom hates having to ask us to help her with stuff: she doesn't want us to feel that she only wants us there to help; but, hey, that's what families do!

Mandi: CONGRATULATIONS!

Cheryl: I am so sorry to hear about your MIL! I will keep her in my prayers.

Terry: I hope I can keep to my scrappy budget, too. But, since you mention "scraps of elegance," of course I must go check it out!

Denise: I love fresh summer fruit! It almost makes me not want to eat fruit throughout the rest of the year. This weekend, my mom made Mark and I some smoothies: one had vanilla yogurt, strawberries and bananas, and the other had the yogurt with cantalope, peaches, strawberries and bananas. They were wonderful! Makes me want a blender so I can make this stuff myself!

Terry: Hope your DH heals quickly and easily. Mark had hernia surgery in September. I came to the store where he works to walk him home (I do that a lot), and he was sweaty and said he was in so much pain he thought he was going to pass out. it was a hernia, and the doctor was able to pop it back into place, and then she scheduled hernia sugery. Mark's dad and I waited in the waiting room. The doctor said it would be 40 minutes to an hour, and it was almost 2 hours! The found that Mark had 2 hernias on each side! Mark kept trying to ignore the weight lifting limits!

CNA training is not hard; it is just intense. We have only had 2 days of class (it started Wed, and we have Fri off), but already we have covered 5 chapters. And there are "skills" that we will be tested on, stuff like handling dirty linen, bathing residents, etc. Each skill has a lot of steps. But, we only have to get a 70% on the state exam to pass. For many skills, there are stars by certain steps, which means that if you don't get that step, you don't pass that skill. So I have been concentrating on those. I am confident that I will do fine.

Did a card Friday taht I didn't have time to post. It was a birthday card for a friend whose bday was Saturday. We had lunch with her Friday and I wanted her to have the card then cause we were going to be out of town. I worked on that all morning, right up to the time we had to leave. i did not have time to take a picture of it.

Hope everyone has a great week! I am off to catch up on gallery love!

Kim

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Thanks for the explanation, Donna. Your lanai sounds so nice! I don't have a pool just a deck on the back of the house.

Hi Kim! Good luck with your classes this week.

Cathe, no fun being without water. But you're right! It would be so much more expensive to have to redrill for a new well!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

What a precious bundle, Mandi! so glad everything turned out great..she is beautiful.

Love your lanai Donna and the big round lounge.....and a bar!!

Scrap party at Donnas!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Hi ladies. Thank you all. Baby is doing just great. Shes already on a solid 4 hour feeding schedule. They were going to release her tomorrow morning but they may be keeping me in a bit longer. I should know by tomorrow when they will be releasing me. Daddy is over the moon in love with Ashley as are Alberts parents. His mom came and held her the entire time she was here lol my mom already started shopping for stuff for her and has been since 946 yesterday morning, shopping for her. Hubby is on his way to pick up Jessa. Aj came yesterday with the inlaws. Leandra is coming back with Albert and Jessa and then tomorrow Natalia will be coming.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to SQ Mandi

Good afternoon everyone!
Katy---there you are!!! Missed ya! We had similar contractor experiences and it makes you want to scream. One even went out & on his phone ordered a dump trump load of gravel to put in my driveway. That was $685 plus the cost he charged to level it. My temper nearly made orbit that day.
Donna--not only do I love the curtains but I love the lainai (?). What a cool thing to have!!
Anna---wow girl that mojo of yours has returned in triplicate! Awesome LO's...I have many many Swirly kits laying around and now I'm signed up with Scraps of Elegance. How do you guys scrap on the weekend when your hubbies are home???? Is there a trick I'm missing. The moment I walk into my office he immediate is suggesting this or starting some chore, or needs help. Now you know why retirement is scary!!!
Mandi--What a sweet little angel! Love the name...give her big hugs from all of us!

I know there's more to say but I have to get something done and crossed off my list!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Since Mandi said it was ok to share...I figured I'd do the honors

Introducing the long awaited Ashley Elizabeth

SQ Mandi's newest lil princess Ashley Elizabeth By DittoBabyGirl

She's absolutely beautiful mandi! Congrats again to you and your family!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good evening!! Hard day at work. My patient that was 40 years old passed away this morning. I also have another patient that isn't going to last through the night tonight.

Mandi - She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Donna - Love your lanai

Cathe - Hope your water is fixed by now.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Terry, my DH had to work this weekend. My Mom didn't need me to do anything so I scrapped most of the weekend. That's the only reason I got so much done. It will be a good while before I get another weekend like that.

Mandi, glad you are doing well. The baby is beautiful and love the name too.

Night all.

Edited by Anna C on 06-11-12 05:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Anna C

doo

Going Home By Twinlets Mama

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Morning!

My "baby" comes home tomorrow-yay!

I was going to work a half day tomorrow...but then decided to take the whole day off instead. I'm gonna suprise them at the airport-Chris doesn't know I took the day off

Have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Hope everyone is fine.

Off of babysit two of my grandkids. Our daughter's birthday is today. I offered to babysit so she and her hubby can go out to lunch and have some free time to themselves.

Have a great day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Yeah Donna! I know you are so excited!

Cathe, have fun with the grandkids!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Got the bug to scrap before work this morning....

Christmas at Dollar Loan By DittoBabyGirl

Christmas Morning 2011 By DittoBabyGirl

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

D20...TFL!

JOY By Anna C

This is my take on the sketch.
US Army By Anna C

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Me again...just wanted to share this tip I just came across. If you type your journaling (I do-hate my handwriting) what you can do instead of just typing plain old black letters on a white background....is make a text box and FILL it with color..then use white text. Looks pretty cool!

Here is a tool I figured I'd share...have been using it for years and works awesome with the tip above. Its called Pixie...its a free color matching tool. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.php

I'm working on a lo using Bo Bunny's Blitzen paper...I wanted my text box to match the paper. I found a pic of the paper online..opened up Pixie to get the RGB code then used it to fill my text box. Now my printed text box matches my paper perfectly!

Aight...gotta get ready for work (pout)

thank donna cannot wait to see your layout

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good morning!

Hope everyone is fine.

Off of babysit two of my grandkids. Our daughter's birthday is today. I offered to babysit so she and her hubby can go out to lunch and have some free time to themselves.

Have a great day.

cathe that so sweet,enjoy the dk

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

I know when I sat down I had something to say but now the brain when blank.

OH well....definitely want to say that I'm sorry about your patients Cheryl. That has to be the worst part of your job.

And I'll bbl when I can remember wth I was going to talk about!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Anna-a "lanai" is what Floridians (not that I am a Floridian) call a screened in room that is attached to your house. I have sliding doors in my kitchen that open up into the lanai. Its pretty big considering I don't have a pool in it. When Floridians have a built in pool they get it screened in. Our pool is an above ground pool so its outside of the lanai

i love it i am thinking about havin one build on the side,dh want a extra room period

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Hi ladies. Thank you all. Baby is doing just great. Shes already on a solid 4 hour feeding schedule. They were going to release her tomorrow morning but they may be keeping me in a bit longer. I should know by tomorrow when they will be releasing me. Daddy is over the moon in love with Ashley as are Alberts parents. His mom came and held her the entire time she was here lol my mom already started shopping for stuff for her and has been since 946 yesterday morning, shopping for her. Hubby is on his way to pick up Jessa. Aj came yesterday with the inlaws. Leandra is coming back with Albert and Jessa and then tomorrow Natalia will be coming.

congrats and it about time,left comments on facebook,she is beautiful

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• jaspernonyx Said:
Hi, everybody:

Donna: I think I need to go on a scrap diet, too. I just got a $400 charge account with Amazon, and of course I have spent it all. Paid $100 on it last month, trying to get it paid off, but then I bought another $100 worth of stuff. This month I paid $50, and did the same thing! My problem is that up until now, I was acquiring tools and stash very, very slowly. In the past few months, I got things like alphabet die and stickers, nestabilities (I have 2 sets, and i think that is enough for me), Markers (I bought the Zig 48-count), chipboard alphas and embellies, lots of Bazzill papers, stuff like that. My living situation is cheaper than it has been: I live with my boyfriend. But I am absolutely done buying this month, except MAYBE adhesive. I have a scrappy budget of $50 per month, and I am going to stick with it next month.

Off to leave some gallery love,
Kim

kim you need a scrap jar like me if you put changes and extra moneys in it you soon have some real serious scrap money

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

courtney that kit sound sweet but like the other ladies i got a shelf full of kits that i really need to use and hope some day i do,i had 4 kit club going at about the same time

donna i am NOT BUYING any scrapbook goodies this month period UNLESS it new and i can get a deal like tim summer ink pad but it has togo down some

love all the layouts and cards i did scrap some i made mel a birthday crown for her and a happy birthday banner her bd is on fatherday

got my new insurance cards monday but have to wait until the 16 to use them i need a wellness test and to let them scan my ribs the older you get the harder healing is will post the new house color

house new color By Tealbrand

house color By Tealbrand

front By Tealbrand

i have some homeowner from other country has home louder then this,

Edited by tealbrand on 06-12-12 09:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to tealbrand

Cheryl, sorry about the patients, That's a hard event to handle.

Donna, enjoy your time off and your baby being home!

Cathe, what a nice mom you are. But then of course grand kids are fun!

DH had a nuclear stress test yesterday to see if they want to do a heart cath. Since its the VS will take a little time to hear back.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tealbrand

well its bright and cheerful Mel...I totally understand on the kits...when I was asked to be on the design team for scraputante, I had to stop getting other kits, because I just didnt have the time..i am finally working on getting my stash down (that is until the new CHA releases come out) LOL..I work to support my scrappy habit!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hugs Cheryl!

Page 3 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics