Page 4 of 6 
Username Post: JUNE NEW LAYOUTS        (Topic#1577061)
Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Mel...that's a very happy cool color!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Here's some from me.

The Yellowstone River By Rockmom

This one is straight, just looks crocked because I didn't have the camera straight above it when I took the photo. I re took it but it was crocked too so I just gave up and used this one! lol

The Yellowstone River By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 06-12-12 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Hello ladies. Thank you all so much for your words. Ashley and I have officially been given the okay to go home. So hubby is on his way here to get us. Oh I cant wait to get home. Natalia is the only one left that has to meet baby and she is itching to meet her too.

Ashley is already back up at her birth weight ans then some!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Oh Cheryl that must be so hard..so sorry about your patients.

Cheryl's on a orll. (Correction ANNA's on a ROLL)..need to proofread lol!!!

That's a pretty color Mel.

I watch one program regularly..Family Feud with Steve Harvey..he is SO funny...it is on at 11 and 11:30 am....so I did all the chores and settled in to watch it and poof off goes the power..all over the block....and it went back on at exactly 12.....wtf??? couldn't have waited an hour? And that is my big bit¢h of the day so I am having a good day...it is beeeeeautiful here.

Yer funny Terry....senior moment or brain fart??? I have 'em ALL the time.

Mandi your avatar is beautiful!

Edited by dollscrap on 06-12-12 09:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Crazy storm right now. Window-rattling, limb-dropping, rain so hard you can't see across the street kinds storm!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Mandi - Glad you got to go home. Great new avi!!

ACU2H

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Oh, Mandi! She is soooo precious! How does Natalia like her little sister? Love you new avatar!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Scrapkaty

JCI...
Mandy she is quite precious! I remember your avi when Natalia was born too!

Jeannie...I never did remember. Maybe someday?

I did clean my office and put away 50 sheets of new pp, put old ones in the pile for the dgds and now I'm ready to scrap. After I spackle the bathroom ceiling, repaint & touch up areas, & wipe the glaze of grout off the entire shower. After all that I'll need a nap too!
Off to bed now.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Won't be around much the next week. My son and his girl come in today Their flight gets in about 11:30

Off to make some bruchetta for lunch!

See ya soon!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Have fun Donna! Enjoy your time with your kids!

Thanks for all of the kind comments on my recent layouts. I have been on a bit of a roll the last week or so but my scrapping time is slowing down now. Lots of things to get done this weekend so there won't be many more from me any time soon!

I have had several questions about the newspaper print flower on my US Army layout. I bought two old dictionaries at a book store a few months ago for $10 with the intent of trying these flowers and am just now getting around to it. For my first attempt, I was pleased with how they turned out. I made two but ended up on using one on this layout. IRL the flower is much fuller than is appears on the computer screen. One dictionary has white pages and one has the yellowed pages. Both of the dictionaries are
big ones so they will probably last my lifetime! This is what is how I made the flowers:

TH Tattered Florals (the entire set of flowers)

I used all of the cutouts in layers of four each (the dictionary paper is so thin that you can cut them all at the same time)

I misted each one, don’t over mist

Crumbled each one up tightly,

Let sit until good and dry

Unfold them and lay them out and let them sit for a few minutes

Ink or mist with black

Layer accordingly

Insert your center ( I used a sunburst punch with a bling added)

Fluff accordingly

Adhere to layout

Have a great ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 06-13-12 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I am making out my grocery list and going to do my shopping shortly. I will be back later to scrap.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning.

Mandi love seeing you and the baby. She is adorable!

Anna I love your flowers too.

Donna stay safe in those storms! We will miss your daily appearance. I'll be on vacation too shortly....if you call camping a vacation.

Better go get something done. Have a great day everyone.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Does anyone know what page listed all the different plants to plant with other plants? The only tip I can remember is planting basil with tomatoes. Thanks

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Here you go Cathe:

• rockmom Said:
Here ya go ladies with gardening questions:
Plants that Repel Pests

There are a number of plants you can add to your garden that repel pests. These include:
•Basil – asparagus beetles, tomato heartworms and thrips
•Green Bean – Colorado potato beetles
•Nasturtium – Colorado potato beetles and squash bugs
•Tomato – asparagus beetles
•Wormwood – slugs
•Rue – aphids, cats, dogs, Japanese beetles, onion maggots, slugs and snails
•Anise – aphids, snails and slugs
•Borage – cabbage worms and tomato heart worms
•Sage – cabbage loopers, carrot flies, flea beetles, imported cabbage worms and tomato heart worms
•Thyme – cabbage loopers and white flies
•Radish – cowpea curculio, cucumber beetles, harlequin bugs, Mexican bean leaf beetles, squash bugs and stink bugs
•Garlic – aphids, cowpea curculio, flea beetles, Japanese beetles, Mexican been leaf beetles, root maggots, spider mites and squash vine borers
•Onion – bean leaf beetle, cabbage loopers, carrot flies, flea beetles, harlequin bugs, Mexican bean leaf beetles, mice, rabbits, spider mites and squash vine borers
•Potato – bean leaf beetles
•Turnip – bean leaf beetles and harlequin bugs
•Oleander – codling moths
•Catnip – aphids, corn earworms, cucumber beetles, flea beetles, Japanese beetles, squash bugs and mice
•Marigold – aphids, corn earworms, leaf hoppers, Mexican bean leaf beetles, rabbits, squash bugs, thrips and tomato heartworms
•Hyssop – imported cabbage worms
•Oregano – cabbage butterflies and cucumber beetles
•Rosemary – imported cabbage worms and slugs
•Dill – aphids, cabbage moths and spider mites
•Lavender – mice, mosquitoes, moths, rabbits and ticks
•Fennel – aphids, slugs, snails and spider mites
•Pennyroyal – ants
•Mint – ants, aphids, cucumber beetles, flea beetles, imported cabbage worms, rodents, squash bugs and white flies
•Tansy – ants, cucumber beetles, Japanese beetles and squash bugs
•Coriander/Cilantro – aphids, Colorado potato beetles and spider mites
•Horseradish – potato beetles
•Geranium – Japanese beetles, leaf hoppers
•Butterfly (white) Sage – asparagus beetles
•Larkspur – Japanese beetles
•Chives – aphids, Japanese beetles and spider mites
•Cloves – cowpea curculio, spider mites and squash vine borers
•Lettuce – carrot flies
•Petunia – leafhoppers, Mexican bean leaf beetles and squash bugs
•Parsley – asparagus beetles and carrot flies

Companion Planting

There are a number of plants that can protect other plants from pests and disease and improve the flavour of certain food plants. Some examples include:

Popular topics

Organic Pest Control and Pesticide
Natural Organic Pest Control
Make Homemade Organic Garden Pesticide
•Basil planted near tomatoes improves flavor and protects against a variety of pests.
•Oregano planted near cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber or grape vine repels pests that attack these plants
•Garlic helps prevent disease in rose canes and raspberry
•Borage repels pests that attack tomatoes and attracts pollinators to squash, tomatoes and strawberries.
•Horseradish planted at the corners of a potato patch with beans also planted nearby repels potato beetles
•Chives planted near apples help to control apple scab.
•Chives planted near roses reduce the risk of “black spot” and repel aphids.
•Chives planted near tomatoes and carrots repel pests and improve the flavor of the vegetables
•Petunias repel pests that attack beans

Make Your Own Non-Toxic Pest Repellents and Insecticidal Soaps

North Carolina’s Division of Pollution Prevention and Environmental Assistance offers a number of recipes for non-toxic pesticides that you can make at home and apply to your plants with a spray bottle, including the following:
•Grind 3 large onions, 1 bunch of garlic and 3 hot peppers. Mix with water and leave overnight in a covered container. In the morning, strain through fine strainer or cheesecloth and add sufficient water to produce approximately one gallon (16 cups) of pesticide.
•Soak 10-15 diced garlic cloves in a pint (2 cups) of mineral oil for 24 hours. Strain and add to a spray bottle.

Annie B. Bond, Care2 Green Living Executive Producer, offers a recipe for all-natural insecticidal soap spray, which uses 1-2 tablespoons of a natural liquid soap such as Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile soap in a quart (4 cups) of water. Once this solution is mixed, it can be added to a spray bottle.

Attract Beneficial Predators Such as Ladybugs, Praying Mantises, Dragonflies and Spiders

Another method of natural pest control is attracting ladybugs to your garden. Ladybugs are voracious consumers of aphids and other garden pests. Plants that attract ladybugs include Angelica, Caraway, Cilantro, Coreopsis, Cosmos (particularly white), Dandelions, Dill, Fennel, Geraniums, Tansy and Yarrow. Ladybugs can also be purchased from certain garden supply stores.

There are other insects that can aid in pest control, such as praying mantises and dragonflies. Spiders (which are arachnids rather than insects) are also highly beneficial.

NO SPIDERS FOR ME, shudder.

Mel, I do not know what could be causing the bruising on your banana peppers.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Morning everyone!!!
Donna--have fun with your kids! What a great thing!!

If I don't get moving none of my "to do" list get done.
BBL....I need to cu on some gallery love too!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Abby0317

Good morning everyone! its a soggy one over here today--guess its a movie and cuddle up with a blanket and the kiddo's kind of day today!

Will check in again later!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Twinlets Mama

Anna, thank you so much for that little tutorial...those flowers are gorgeous!!

I may have scrappy time tomorrow evening..and this weekend is all booked up with fathers day...but it should be a good weekend anyway..

Mandi your new lil girl is just precious!! congrats!! glad everyone is home safe..

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Dh went camping for 5 days and took Bravo!!! woot! I get the remote... and no snoring..(except my own).lol Poor Scout ,though, howled and cried pathetically when they left.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to dollscrap

ohhh what I would do with 5 days of alone time LMAO!!! are you going to get scrappy??

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Happy Summer Days By Scrappin 2

this lo is for the challenge on Rockin' Scrappin' grams. We had to choose from 4 different titles, use red and a beach ball.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Terry thanks for reposting the various garden tips. For some reason I can't get it to print. I keep getting "foxfire is not responding"

I had a delightful surprise. Our son came over to help my dh with a couple of things. The grandkids ages 12 and 6 came. Then our daughter called and needed me to check out some library books for her and the kids. (they moved, she doesn't have a card yet) So I took Doug's kids and we met at the library. The 12 yr old, read to the 2 yr. old. It was so cute. After everyone got books (except the 12 yr old who gets them on the IPad) we went to a park. It isn't hot here today and it was so much fun.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

It is hot here today 90 degrees!! I have the orange pretzel salad in the fridge, baked beans in the oven and will pop the hashbrown casserole in their in about 1/2 hour and then grill our brats. Hopefully, I can scrap after we eat.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

doo

going fishing By Twinlets Mama

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU2H

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi

Hi ladies. Thank you all. We arrived home last night to no central air and it was 94 degrees in my house, so my mil told us to go over there and stay the night. Well we went to leave this morning and I was in so much pain, even with hubby helping me I could not get in the truck, so Leandra came back to the house to let the central air guy come in..its not working 100 percent but its a load cooler than it was last night. The realty co has some one coming out again in the morning.

Ive been in pain most of the day. Just finally decided to take a pain pill.. Natalia absolutely LOVES Ashley. She helped feed and change her today. It was adorable.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to SQ Mandi

Cathe---go to copy that I listed on pg 16. Hi-lite the entire text area--hit control+C. Open Word and paste it there. Then print from that. I don't think you can print off these thread pgs...I don't know! I tested this & it works fine.

Mandi--that is so precious! I certainly wouldn't go into a hot hot house with a newbie!

Cheryl--that really sounds good. What is orange pretzel salad?

Off to find something low cal to cook. I am craving spaghetti but I'm sure DH would object

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - Orange pretzel salad has a pretzel crust, then a layer of cool whip, cream cheese and sugar and the top layer is orange jello with crushed pineapple mixed in. It is a little time consuming to make but well worth it!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Abby0317

have some scrappy time but zero mojo....really just want to sleep for a couple of days LOL

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off a digi:

In The Summertime By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Helping Grandma By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

I have to work tomorrow and then I am off for 8 glorious days, work 2 days then off another 7 days!!!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Glad you are home, Mandi!

Cathe, I liked your surprise. Special times.

Cheryl, that's a lot of time off! Enjoy! And I bet there will a ton of layouts and cards created during your time off! I'm taking a week off the first week of July and I can hardly wait. Not that I will get a lot of scrapping done since DH is off too, but just really ready for some quiet time at home.

Stacey, are you still planning to host in July?

Hello to everyone else here. Enjoy your day.

Edited by Anna C on 06-14-12 02:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! Thought I would pop in before I headed off to work. My sister and I are going to Nashville Saturday to the mall they have re-opened and taking Ryan with us. I can hardly wait for a girl day!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Anna C

Morning Everyone!

The boys have one week in between summer school/camp and its this week! So we have been super busy - Disneyworld last weekend, MOSI, Scout activity at a tv station yesterday, today I'm packing and tomorrow we head out for a 3 day scout camp-out.

Next week we get back into a semi regular routine with summer school starting.

I can't believe how fast the time has flown by, its been a week since my last check in. Its hard to read & post thru my phone and I don't take my laptop with me on holiday. It gets me in too much trouble (stay up to late or can't leave the room cause something is happening on the internet).

Anna - Yes I'm hosting in July. Hopefully events have settled down.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good morning!! Thought I would pop in before I headed off to work. My sister and I are going to Nashville Saturday to the mall they have re-opened and taking Ryan with us. I can hardly wait for a girl day!

Don't forget the diapers, & wipes, LOL
I take it Ryan's parents are working??? At least there will be two of you to corral Ryan. Have fun!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Mandi glad you are home. Rest up and don't overdo it. So cute that Natalia loves the baby.

Terry thanks for the tip on copying. I have printed things right from the posts before so I was surprised when it didn't work. (I'm easily surprised at computer stuff) It is all copied now. Thanks.

Also Terry would dh eat spaghetti made with ground turkey and whole wheat noodles? I also have a couple of lasagna recipes that use ground turkey that are good.

Stacey you sound really busy. I remember those days. Hectic but fun.

It is beautiful here again today. But we need rain!

Courtney hope you find your mojo.

Have a great day everyone.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Hello ladies..JCI...

Mojo didnt get found last night...I went to bed at 9:30 and slept through the night..it was awesome!

Tonight my DH goes to dinner with his dad so I will have scrappy time I already found a sketch that I am going to start with to try and get me going!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Thanks for confirming Stacey! Just be sure to post it under the Scrap Chat section. I kinda messed things up at the beginning of the month but they have since been corrected.

Edited by Anna C on 06-15-12 01:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Hiya everyone.

I've been reading and checking in and keeping up just not so chatty. I had a horrible headache yesterday and spent most of the day in bed. Today I feel as tho I have a cold. Hope not, maybe it is just allergies.

Ut oh Mandi, be careful letting the little one sleep on your chest, it could become a habbit for her that is hard to break. You need your rest!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

I am home from work and so excited to be on vacation. My supervisor got someone to work one of the two days of my weekend during my vacation and another person possible for the other day. If so, I will be 17 days in a row!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to cdjohnson

oh that sounds awesome Cheryl totally jealous

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

17 days off?!?!? Lucky you Cheryl! Are you planning on going anywhere during that time? Enjoy!!

I'm DOO-F!!! (Dropping one off FINALLY!)

remember this By Scrapkaty

I used this month's sketch..
I came across this photo recently and knew I just had to scrap it. I used some of the papers in my monthly kit, MCS...

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• scrappin 2 Said:
Mandi glad you are home. Rest up and don't overdo it. So cute that Natalia loves the baby.

Terry thanks for the tip on copying. I have printed things right from the posts before so I was surprised when it didn't work. (I'm easily surprised at computer stuff) It is all copied now. Thanks.

Also Terry would dh eat spaghetti made with ground turkey and whole wheat noodles? I also have a couple of lasagna recipes that use ground turkey that are good.

Cathe, you do have any other recipes for ground turkey? My mom introduced it to us, but I've been lacking in the inspiration department when it comes to cooking it!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning! TGIF!

Love your take on the sketch, Katy! First post is updated too.

Have a great day ladies!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I need to get some cleaning accomplished today along with laundry.

Katy - We are planning on going to St. Louis for a few days the first of the week. The next week my daughter and I are going to Holiday World and Venture River.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Hi guys!
Cathe--yeah we use ground turkey all the time now. I first had a turkey burger at Famous Dave's BBQ and couldn't believe it was not beef. What I love is that it takes on the flavor of whatever you want it to be. Every now & then I'll use it to substitute for Italian sausage (which we make ourselves). I add s & p--garlic powder--ground fennel--& a pinch of cloves. When I mix this I'll also add a shot or so of red wine. Then fry it up and use it for sausage sandwiches or on the side with spaghetti. I've made meatloaves, burgers, "sausage", etc. Whatever you do with hamburger. Who knew turkey would do this!!!

We are off & going down to So Oregon to play at a dog event. Won't have the internet for a few days & will cu sunday night. Have a great weekend!!!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Thought I'd pop in real quick to say hiya

We're going to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch-then gonna head to Orlando We're gonna go to Olive Garden for dinner (there go my points), walk around Disney Village and play mini golf. Tomorrow morning we're going to Disney World-looking forward to it. Haven't been to that park in a few years

Twinlets-I use ground turkey for everything I'd use ground beef in. Meatballs, chili, a meat sauce. I made these turkey tacos once-those came out really good

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

• Twinlets Mama Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

Cathe, you do have any other recipes for ground turkey? My mom introduced it to us, but I've been lacking in the inspiration department when it comes to cooking it!

I will dig it out this afternoon. cooks.com is what I googled to find ground turkey or ground chicken recipes.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hi, everyone!

JCI real quick. I am crazy busy with CNA class. It's not hard; just a lot of steps to know. Most of it is pretty intuitive, though: for example, when doing dental care for an unresponsive patient, you need to turn his/her head to the side so any liquid can roll out.

Last night, we learned how to take blood pressure, pulse and respirations. Like I said, not hard, but it is plenty of information for one day!

I finished a birthday card last Friday, and haven't made a thing since! Will get ACU on chat and gallery love today, b/c I don't have class on Fridays. Yeah!

Kim

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Twinlets Mama Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

Anything you use ground beef in you can cook with ground turkey...I make turkey meatloaf, turkey chili, turkey meatballs, my DH doesnt eat red meat anymore because it doesnt agree with him...hamburger helper can be made with turkey, turkey burgers...now i will tell you that turkey meatloaf is kinda white....LOL if that weirds ya out, I put onion soup mix and makes it a little darker...

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Eat something for me, Donna! I love Joe's Crabshack!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Ali here is one recipe that my dh and I like and it is easy. As you read from the others, turkey needs spice.

1 jar Prego - any flavor you like
1 lb. ground turkey or ground chicken
16 oz ricotta cheese
2 1/2 lbs. Mozzarella cheese- I used 2 C shredded
1 sm. can olives
Lasagna noodles.
I added to the recipe: saute onions and green pepper when browning the turkery. I also added basil. I used a small retangled pan or a square 8 x8 pan and made two layers. I know there are just the 4 of you so it would be enough.

Brown turkey, onion, green pepper, add chopped garlic if you like. Add Prego
cook your noodles--I only use about 4 for us
Layer, noodles, ricotta, sauce, olives (can omit) and mozzarella. Repeat

Bake 350 until cheese on top is melted and golden about 30 to 50 min.

I think I put an egg in the ricotta, it isn't as healthy but I thought what the heck, at least I'm using turkey. LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Ali try going to cooks.com and put in Good and Easy Casserole
It is easier and has macaroni which the girls might like. If you can't find it I'll type it up.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Those of you who believe in prayer please pray for a little 2 year old named Ireland. She is our great great niece. She fell backwards into some smoldering embers and is in the burn unit in Wisconsin. Her burns aren't life threatening and she didn't burn her face, but oh how she must be hurting. Thanks

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hugs and prayers for your great great niece, Cathe! I hope that she has a speedy recovery!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Oh my! Poor little Ireland and her family. Prayers sent forth.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Prayer for baby Ireland..poor little thing.

Hi to everyone! I have been lurking.

Weatherman says HOT tomorrow and I thought nah...too cool today to get that hot tomorrow....wrong.....all of a sudden it is hot already.

Scout is so quiet without Bravo. She and I are heading out for a walk as soon as the sun starts to go down...she's so little a walk around the block is a big walk.

Cheryl, enjoy your time off.

I wish I liked to cook...such good sounding recipes and ideas you all share.

Donna. glad you're having so much fun with your family.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

My sister-in-law called at 10:30 and my mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital this morning. She had an episode last night where she tried to drink and eat and she could hardly breathe. She went to the doctor's office this morning and was sent straight to the hospital. We have seen several doctors today. Long story short, she is having a port placed tomorrow and a excision biopsy of a lymph node from her throat. They also have found nodules in her chest, under her right arm and now forming on the other side of her neck. They did a bone marrow biopsy today as well. Since the cancer doctor knows me, he let me stay in the room and hold her hand while he did it. They are going to do a CT of her abdomen probably this weekend. I suspect they will find more nodules there. They are preparing her for chemo. I really don't think she has a lot of time. The tumor on the side of her neck 2 weeks ago measured 6 inches today it measured 9 inches. I am just getting home and have cancelled all my vacation plans for now.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law. I will keep her in my prayers.
Cathe, I'll also keep Ireland in my prayers. Poor little thing! Your recipe sounds yummy!! I want to try it, but I have to watch my sodium intake. Dr says to keep it under 2000 mg a day...Dh and I are now reading labels on EVERYTHING!! It's amazing what all has sodium in it!
Donna, have fun at DizzyWorld with the fam!
Hope you all have a great weekend.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Cheryl that is so sad..I hope she cn be comfortable...how good that you were able to hold her hand. I will keep her in my prayers. You're a good daughter in law.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to dollscrap

Lost: One mojo
Has anyone seen it or have any to spare. I'd planned to scrap for 5 days and haven't done a thing...Have a couple of cute pics of Vicki at 18 months talking to her dolly and I've taken out and rejected 50 to 100 pps gggrrrrrr...even the G45 ones...going to bed now.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

They just took my mil in for her port and biopsy. The cancer doctor came in and said in the morning when he has the results of everything then we will discss chemo treatments. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

CHeryl, So so sorry to hear that your mother in law has gone down hill so quickly. It was nice that you could stay with her. Of course I will continue to pray for her.

I have a little more info on Ireland. She fell backwards into some embers that were 18 days old. Her dad was right there and grabbed her, so at least it sounds like she didn't get burnt on her face or hands. Her brothers have issues, and are on the autism spectrum. I feel so sorry for all of them.

It finally rained a bit. It is better than nothing.

My sister and bil closed on a house on Wed. They stopped at the house after the closing. Everything was fine. The next day they discovered someone, with a key, stripped the copper pipes in the basement. Now, I think good detectives could catch this SOB. (pardon my French)

Have a great day.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

sarah By Twinlets Mama

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good evening!! Hard day at work. My patient that was 40 years old passed away this morning. I also have another patient that isn't going to last through the night tonight.

Mandi - She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Donna - Love your lanai

Cathe - Hope your water is fixed by now.

ss cheryl my mom deal with this also and it was hard on her too,big hug

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Mel...that's a very happy cool color!!!

terry it is so pretty atleast to me and dh
had only 1 hater and she was looking at the house next cleaning up the house she said it was 2 loud and i told her i was going with candy lime

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• scrappin 2 Said:
Ali try going to cooks.com and put in Good and Easy Casserole
It is easier and has macaroni which the girls might like. If you can't find it I'll type it up.

hey guys thanks for all the info! Cathe-I'll definitely do that. thanks! i'll pray for your great niece- that must be so awful to endure!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
My sister-in-law called at 10:30 and my mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital this morning. She had an episode last night where she tried to drink and eat and she could hardly breathe. She went to the doctor's office this morning and was sent straight to the hospital. We have seen several doctors today. Long story short, she is having a port placed tomorrow and a excision biopsy of a lymph node from her throat. They also have found nodules in her chest, under her right arm and now forming on the other side of her neck. They did a bone marrow biopsy today as well. Since the cancer doctor knows me, he let me stay in the room and hold her hand while he did it. They are going to do a CT of her abdomen probably this weekend. I suspect they will find more nodules there. They are preparing her for chemo. I really don't think she has a lot of time. The tumor on the side of her neck 2 weeks ago measured 6 inches today it measured 9 inches. I am just getting home and have cancelled all my vacation plans for now.

oh wow, cheryl! i'm so sorry. your family and your MIL are in my thoughts and prayers!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• scrappin 2 Said:
Those of you who believe in prayer please pray for a little 2 year old named Ireland. She is our great great niece. She fell backwards into some smoldering embers and is in the burn unit in Wisconsin. Her burns aren't life threatening and she didn't burn her face, but oh how she must be hurting. Thanks

sending prayer cathe and hope she heal soon,poor babygurl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Oh no Cheryl, so sorry to hear this. My prayers for yur MIL.

Jeannie, where, oh where, can your mojo be?

Cathe, thieves just burn my chaps! It makes me so angry when someone works so hard to achieve and then another just comes in takes what isn't theirs! GRRRRR Hope you get some rain soon,

We've had a much different year this year compared to last year and the drought and fires. We are looking at tropical rain all week. Hope we don't get any hurricanes or bad tropical storms.

Mel, you should see the loud house down the street from us. Its Electirc blue. Our street went commercial and someone bought that house and made it into a used car lot. Its not very busy, so doesn't bother me except I hate that blue painted brick.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

ss cheryl
sending prayer

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

• scrappin 2 Said:
CHeryl, So so sorry to hear that your mother in law has gone down hill so quickly. It was nice that you could stay with her. Of course I will continue to pray for her.

I have a little more info on Ireland. She fell backwards into some embers that were 18 days old. Her dad was right there and grabbed her, so at least it sounds like she didn't get burnt on her face or hands. Her brothers have issues, and are on the autism spectrum. I feel so sorry for all of them.

It finally rained a bit. It is better than nothing.

My sister and bil closed on a house on Wed. They stopped at the house after the closing. Everything was fine. The next day they discovered someone, with a key, stripped the copper pipes in the basement. Now, I think good detectives could catch this SOB. (pardon my French)

Have a great day.

cathe it really bad here with copper being taken
with all the new home we have private security and police here we have one that set in front of our house at night feeling really safe,hope they find them BUT it a money thing for the duper

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

acuph

nice layout and cards
it been hot and raining and we need the rain with 90 something days
still not feeling well i got gastritis and waiting to see a dr tues i thought about going to the hospital but i be responsible for the bill so i am waiting the guy at walgreen gave me some acid controller complete which is helpin and i got some pain pills,look like my spices days are over i have not scrap and just been laying around doing nothing just watching movies and dd and ds play wii and xbox360 i feel bad i sure hope that all i have,i need wellness prayer i hate being sick :rolleyes:my no2 son is spending the weekend he trying to keep a eye on me
will try to ckeck in sunday if not monday,have a safe and fun weekend

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

Oh Mel I hope you feel better soon and that nothing serious is wrong with you.
There is a serious problem with copper theft around here too..inf fact Katy's dd was dealing with that with her work and there was story about it on the front page of the San Francisco Chronicle along with a photo of her.
I hate theives with a purple passion. I would love to just slap them silly.

I found my mojo..it was under the table..I just decided to SIT DOWN SHUT UP AND SCRAP...so I did.

here's the result...I love these pics of Vicki playing with her baby. The kewpies top knot is almost gone cuz there was a sharp bit at the top of the top knot and I asked dh to sand it down or something and he took some tool and nearly snipped the whole thing off..I was so mad..he thought that's what I asked him to do...makes me laugh now.
Men!...JUST LISTEN... YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO US!!!

Kewpie By Dollscrap

!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

JCI and MMS

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Oh Mel, so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope you have some relief until you can get to the Dr.

Cheryl I see you have dropped by. You must be so tired and worried.

Jeannie I love the LO you did. Glad you found your mojo. Yes, sometimes it is in strange places. lol

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Cheryl, hugs and prayers to you and your family. I know what you are going thru. We started this journey with my father-in-law about this same time last year. So glad you were able to stay with her during the tests. I sincerely hope they can make the time she has left as comfortable as possible. Thinking of you all!

Mel, hope you are feeling better.

Jeannie, glad you found your mojo. You sure created a gorgeous lo!

Cathe, glad Ireland is gonna be ok.

Hello to everyone else here. No scrappy time this weekend for me.

Edited by Anna C on 06-17-12 04:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! Mil is swallowing better this morning after having a few doses of Prednisone. Her iron is low this morning so she is going to get iron and a B12 shot. The biopsy results will not be back for a few days and the doctor doesn't want to start chemo until he gets those results. So, she can go home today and see him in his office later this week.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Scrapkaty

Good late Sunday afternoon!

I'm scrubbed clean & fresh after 3 days of sweaty, hot, sandy camping with my scouts. I love LOVE Fort Wilderness Campsites at Disney World. (I see donna was over at MK) The boys & I biked over 30 miles, swam for 5 hrs, burned 8 million marshmallows, sang with Chip n Dale, ate too many hot dogs and stayed up late. SOOOO WORTH IT.

Hugs & prayers for your MIL Cheryl.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Hi everyone....back from our weekend trip.

Cheryl--I am sorry to hear about your MIL health. I hope the chemo can help her and that she'll be fine for at least a few more good years. With you by her side I'm sure it will be comforting for her. Sending hugs & prayers!

Jeannie--mojo under the table? Holy cow that little thing can be a bad child. Hiding out when we need him/her--what is Mojo a girl or boy? I've locked mine in the closet for a few days as I need to get some work done. Gorgeous LO!!

Cathe--sending hugs & prayers for Ireland too. I'm a bit confused tho. Embers that are 18 days old shouldn't be hot anymore. Did she get burned on the back of her body or just a bad fall? Hope she's ok. Does her brother have aspergers? My DGS Andrew has that and for a few years they called it austic tendancies. Doesn't show all the time but its still there.

Mel--hope you feel better soon too!! Candy Lime huh? What a crack up!

How's everything with Anna, Donna, Denise, Kim, Ali, Stacey, Jody, Katy, Courtney and I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Edited by Abby0317 on 06-17-12 02:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Abby0317

Cheryl...thoughts and prayers for your MIL

Cathe...hope Ireland heals really fast!

ACU and barely any mojo here...although I haven't had much time to find mojo

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

MIL is now home and going to have doctor's appointments later in the week for test results and treatment options. Sine my MIL is stable, Priscilla, Karyol and I have decided to go on to St. Louis in the morning and will come back late Tuesday night.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Glad your dmil is doing better, Cheryl. Hope you and your family have a great trip. My home office is located in St. Louis. I've been there several times, lots to do there.

Be back in the a m!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Scrapkaty

HHi ladies. Been a long few days. Ashley is doing wonderful. She is one week old today.

Ive been in quite a bit of pain .. called my doct because it just didnt seem normal to have pain where I was having it..seems as though when they pushed Ash down, they bruised my diaphragm (never knew that was possible) so now I cant even talk louder than a certain level.

Today my friend, her hubby and kids drove in from Pa, so Ive been enjoying the company.

I will try and check in tomorrow and catch up on the chatter.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to SQ Mandi

JCI and saying hi!

Cheryl so happy you are going to get to go to St Louis! and that you mil is stable.

Mel, feel better soon ya hear?

Mandi, sorry about your pain but happy to hear that little Ashley is good. Have fun iwht your friends.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Mandi...get better SOON! Glad you were able to enjoy your company.

Hello everyone..Stacey you're a fun mom...love your camping description.

Where oh where is Jojo?

Loved all the mojo comments. A mojo is that elusive kick in the butt that gets our creative juices flowing...very often NOT there when you need him/her...so probably male?

Here's one I did today for dh.
Thank you By Dollscrap

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good morning everyone!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!

Sunday was so busy I couldn't get on the computer!

Cheryl hope they can buy your mil some time. so glad that you can get away.

Terry- Ireland did fall backwards into the embers.
Maybe I have the 18 day old embers story not correct. Her parents had no idea is was still burning or I'm sure they wouldn't have let the kids out there.

Mandi hope you get to feeling better.

I hate how they are labeling the slightest tendencies as Autism. I taught, I know a true autistic child. Just my opinion.

Have a great day!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

Afternoon. I'm kid free for an hour then they both come home to strap on the feed bag.

This week is the start of camp & school for the next month. I hope to getting some scrapping time in if my friends don't invite me out for shopping & lunch.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to carbphrek

Tree Huggers By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did today. Not that crazy about it, but that is how it goes in the scrapping world. lol

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Thanks for all the love you guys leave in my gallery. You are the best!

Jeannie you mentioned you like the shading around the photo of my dgds in the pool. I did that in Picasa.

If you don't have Picasa I'd recommend it unless you have Photoshop or some other editing program. Picasa is free and easy to use.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Anyone have any good ideas for someone turning 60?
My sister in law will be 60 while we are camping.
I thought of giving her 60 of various things.
My daughter is going to make a big sign to hang up.
We thought of putting her picture in the bathroom, but that might be pushing the limits. any ideas?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Here's one from me:

UNDINE FALLS By Rockmom

I have been having terrible allergies so much so that today I sneezed flowers all over my LO!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Lol Denise....the flowers do not looks sneezed out....they're arranged artfully..lovely layout.

Thanks Cathe..I don't have Picasa...somewhere around this house there is a photoshop program...couldn't be loaded on our old computer but maybe it'll work with this one. I can do white or black shadowing here on my Mac with iPhoto but I like the color.
For a friends birthday (forget which one but one of the BIG) ones we put together a basket of "old people" stuff..such as Depends. Beano. and other things from the drug store (hoping she is healthy now and has a good sense of humor which our friend was otherwise it would not be funny)...also a decorated cane with streamers like the kids put on their handlebars and glitter and some clever guy had put a light on it too. But this gal had a good sense of humor about turning 50 I think it was.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
Afternoon. I'm kid free for an hour then they both come home to strap on the feed bag.

This week is the start of camp & school for the next month. I hope to getting some scrapping time in if my friends don't invite me out for shopping & lunch.

LOL THE FEED BAG!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Cathe--I'm so sorry about Ireland! Wow...I was just confused over what hurt her. Poor little thing! I'm turning 60 in a bit and I have told DH NO party, NO surprises, NO NO NO! Just a quiet weekend at the beach. That's all I want. I bet I get a huge party surprise because he won't listen. I'll kill him....

Denise---that's funny! Sneezing flowers all over a LO!!! Hope you feel better tho...

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Abby0317

• Abby0317 Said:
Cathe--I'm so sorry about Ireland! Wow...I was just confused over what hurt her. Poor little thing! I'm turning 60 in a bit and I have told DH NO party, NO surprises, NO NO NO! Just a quiet weekend at the beach. That's all I want. I bet I get a huge party surprise because he won't listen. I'll kill him....

Denise---that's funny! Sneezing flowers all over a LO!!! Hope you feel better tho...

My mom is turning 60 in September. I've begun wondering what special thing I can do for her...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Checking in from St. Louis. We had a great time st the zoo. We found our motel, went swimming, ate, got in the hot tub and now in the room relaxing.

Page 4 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics