Username Post: Dylusions misting ghosting? update!        (Topic#1577201)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

So I just have the one bottle of dylusions from nsd but have several bottles of the tattered angels glimmer mist.

My son and I watched several of the videos but still wasn't really able to do the ghosting.

So we need more dylusions? And it doesn't work with the tattered angels then?

Edited by Cindyckj on 06-11-12 07:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Cindyckj

I'm half way through my bottle of Dylusions. It goes with Glimmer Mist perfectly.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-03-12 03:37 PM
In response to MommaSaid

What is this? I've never heard of ghosting?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-03-12 03:59 PM
In response to Vae

I've never seen that before, what an interesting technique!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to stick

I watched the video on the dylusion product page and this one and some others.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dyan+ reaveley+dylus...

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Cindyckj

Well now.....thats freakin awesome, and something I think I could try and not mess up!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to ScrappyMama6

Somehow I managed to mess it up! lol

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Very cool! I love her use of paper towels too.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
Somehow I managed to mess it up! lol

Pictures?

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Seaexplore

don't laugh too hard.

ghosting technique flop By Cindyckj

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Cindyckj

The paper just soaked up the sprays so SO fast like in 5 secs and got hardly nothing when I blotted with the paper towells.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Cindyckj

Then adjust your drying time, or maybe a diff type of paper? Keep practicing, I think yours looks cool too!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Definitely keep trying! I DO like what you created, though.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to MommaSaid

I have some of the Dylusions sprays as well and played with them this weekend. I tried the ghosting technique as well on a couple of tags. My tags didn't quite turn out as cool as the demo but it did work. I think it just takes some practice. Maybe try a card or a tag - something smaller and go from there.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-04-12 06:47 AM
In response to MommaSaid

I wonder if Dy's paper in the video might have been slightly coated or something, because with all that spray and all that water it really wasn't curling up much.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
don't laugh too hard.

Not bad! You got a cool effect.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

It just turned out way brighter that I wanted cause the paper soaked up that spray so fast. lol

I did break down and buy some of those manilla tags but it'll be a few days before they get here.

Maybe I need more water too? I do wonder if that paper she's using had a bit of a coating too. lol

Thanks guys

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-04-12 08:23 AM
In response to Cindyckj

Maybe email her through her blog?

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to stick

Thank you Stick I may do that!

After many years of knowing about this place I finally ventured into Prarie Art Stamps in Springfield, Il as I was told by our newer lss I might find more misting stuff there. And so I picked up two more of the dylusions in red and blue and am now kicking myself for not picking up a yellow too. It's a great little store and i'll have to get back in there next month No more spending this month. lol

And today those manilla tags came in so hopefully in the next couple days I can experiment again on the ghosting and templates.

Resident
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
don't laugh too hard.

If you are going to do it on just plain sketch book paper or something of that nature you need to prime teh paper first so it is not as absorband like with Guesso
Products Referenced in This Post:

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to Cindyckj

Going to mark this post as a fave...so when you learn how to use it you can teach me. Very sweet that your son was watching too...and good idea as my kids always pick things up faster than I do. Keep trying...you will get it!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
don't laugh too hard.

It may not be what you were going for, but I think you got a really cool result!! You can use it as a background or a card base.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Kim222

My son is pretty awsome. He's 10 and when the mists come out he's all over it. So he gets his seperate paper so he can spray. Then he gets out the stickles. "I love you mommy"

Then I have something new for the fridge and then I save it forever. lol

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to Cindyckj

The water is key to the process. Try using some mixed media paper or watercolor paper. Spray with some water first, then the dylusions, the a little more water. Then dab with paper towels. I love this stuff!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to VickieW

Oh thank you thank you Vickie!!!!! Hopefully i'll get the chance to try again tomorrow!!

Still really wishing i'd bought a bottle of yellow too! lol

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to must_love_paper

So I was finally able to play around a bit again today! And this looks a bit better I think.

What do ya think?

Dylusions ghosting By Cindyckj

This one wasn't as good like those first ones I did and it's the same paper that just soaks the ink and water right up. But you can see the sorta diamond shape from the paper towells. lol

Edited by Cindyckj on 06-11-12 07:34 PM. Reason for edit: my typing is horrible

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Cindyckj

Nice job! I think you're getting the hang of it.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

There ya go! LOVE it!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to MommaSaid

That came out great!!! You've inspired me to try it!!

I only have 1 bottle of Dylusions, but I have a ton of Perfect Pearl Mists I'm going to try it with.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Kim222

great job Ive loved this thread - Ive learned alot. Thanks so much for sharing & all the ladys chimming in ....

Maybe you should do a new tech a week challange things, were we can all play along & learn with you???

I so have to pick up Dylousions sprays. I dont have any, I was anti sprays but Ive learned its just the extra shimmer ones I dont care for.

I just picked up all the tim color wash's & found a couple of great sites on how to make your own mist's - Ive not done it *shrug* Again Many thinks this is awsome

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Sassie

Water seemed to be the key for sure! I'm gonna have to get back in town to that stamping place for sure as the yellow I used was the tattered angels mist and i'm about out of it now.

I'm still nervous about doing this but was wanting to do this in my prima journal but was afraid i'd mess up. lol

That are the tech challanges and where are they? lol I don't usually benture too far from here and the gallery and the occasional cricut board. lol

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Cindyckj

how are things going now?
I wonder are the manilla tags, the same thing as the manilla filling folders?

I know gesso is a great primer - to keep things from soaking in so fast per say. I use it alot, on about everything/any thing. I still dont have the Dylousions sprays (sad face) but I did get tons of other sprays this month's as gift's. Maybe in the next couple months I'll buy myself some, but ugh thats hard to do LOL!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Sassie

I bought three bottles of Dylusions last week- the Turquoise, London Blue, and a yellow. But seeing the orange up there made me want it, now, too. Putting on my shoes...

dangit

kory

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to designguyKORY

lol Kory, that's actually the postbox red.

I lol finally made it back in and bought the lemon zest yellow. Still wanting a dark green and a brown.

I used the red and yellow and a green tattered angels in this lo. Felt great to finally use them in a lo!

First tomato from the garden By Cindyckj

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

• designguyKORY Said:
I bought three bottles of Dylusions last week- the Turquoise, London Blue, and a yellow. But seeing the orange up there made me want it, now, too. Putting on my shoes...

dangit

kory

I have the orange. It's definitely awesome!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to angie girl

Now you guys have me wanting the orange too!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Cindyckj

great job!!! Where the heck can kory put his shoes on & go to get these? Ive only ever seen them online ---ugh Im soo jealous LOL

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Sassie

Sassie, I got them at a local store, here in OKC. I took a class with Dina Wakley and we used them - so after the class I bought three bottles. After this post up there, I ran out and bought more. Including the Postbox Red.

I love these!

Im working on a Halloween project, and used the yellow to mist a wooden circle, for a big bright moon. I wasnt sure if t would even do anything on the wood. Wow, it sure worked! Two little sprays and the wooden disc was dyed bright yellow! I was amazed. Definitely my favorite products of the year!

Kory

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

SO!! Anyone have new updates? I got all 12 colors, some stencils & stamps *YAY* but ive not had time to play *BOO*

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Sassie

I did get that new journal out again the other night! I looked at it but that's about as far as I got but need to do some more lookin around again for some more ideas but i'm definately misting in it!!!!

Just been so busy with ds school started up again.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Cindyckj

Ahmahgah! Thanks for reminding me that I'm supposed to USE the art journal.

I have to figure out a painting technique but don't want to just do it on a LO and have it go horribly wrong.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to MommaSaid

LOL @ Momma Yesh! We buy (or are given) the journal for sharing not collecting more dust or holding up that pile of flowers :P

I understand alot of time life gets in our way of our crafting (gosh darn life)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics