Username Post: Tim Holtz will be here in Sept.        (Topic#1577281)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just got word that Tim Holtz is going to teach a class at my scrapbook store here in September!

I called some of the ladies and can't get anyone at home and the scrapbook store is closed. Guess I'll be making phone calls first thing in the morning to see what is going on.

Getting my new cash card out of wallet and putting it beside my computer now!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

wooohoooo have fun I would give anything to go to a class with Tim

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

Their classes at this scrapbook store fill up so class that I won't know until tomorrow what is going on and if there is a space I can take.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou

Awesome! I highly recommend taking the class if you can! He is a fantastic teacher.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-05-12 06:23 PM
In response to Babylou

Wow! What an awesome opportunity! I hope you get a spot!!!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Vae

im so jealous cause i live in fl too.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to YourScrapAttack

oooh, sounds like so much fun. Sure hope you get in. I just love anything Tim Holtz

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SandraB.

Its not looking very promising. I asked my friend where she heard about it and she said it was on Facebook. She knows 3 people who signed up for it.

The scrapbook store doesn't have much space so my guess is that it has been long filled. I'll call in the morning but even the crops completely fill in the first hour every time and this has apparantly been announced for some time.

Where in Florida are you Rhonda? I'm in Ocala.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

sounds like fun good luck !

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to cescrapper

My fingers are crossed for you today! That would be an AMAZING experience.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to MommaSaid

Henri - I hope you get in to the class. That would be so much fun!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

Take it!! His classes are the best! Awesome that he will be close! I had to drive 5 hours one way!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Manda_K

I hope you get in. He has awesome classes.I've taken a couple -- one just a couple of weeks ago. It was magnificent!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to provinca

Any luck getting in the class?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

Talked to the store today and registrations don't open until June 14th. We will be in Hawaii so I will have to start calling at 4AM to get a spot! They will sell out right after it opens so I have to be ready with card in hand.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-06-12 10:15 AM

How do you find out about classes he is teaching in different places? I didn't see anything on his website showing where he will be teaching.

Henri, that's great that you haven't missed it! 4 am is pretty early... I would end up just staying up late rather than trying to wake up that early

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

One of my girlfriends saw it on Facebook and emailed me. Whoever posted it found out about it.

The scrapbook stores around here all send out email newsletters and someone must have gotten one and put the info on Facebook. I don't always get the newsletters becuase I'm all over the place and sometimes can't check my email for periods of time. Then when I do get online I have hundreds of emails and have to just delete everything that isn't personal so I missed it.

I was off the computer for 8 days while I was in Key West and it probably came in then.

Somewhere on his site you would think there would be a calendar or schedule.

C'mon down to Ocala FL and take this calss with me! I don't have anyone to go with although I will know almost everyone in the class. The other ladies are all a lot younger and have kids the same age and carpool together. My best friend here, Loey, and I are the old ladies in the group.

But we all socialize at the crops and occasionally I do things outside scrapbooking with the younger ladies.

For the summer they have formed a group and do something once a month (no kids or husbands) and go somewhere fun and then get together to scrap it. They have asked me to join them but the info is on Facebook and even though I have a Facebook page I have no idea what to do with it.

I put up a wall and its just there.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Henri Jean Said:
One of my girlfriends saw it on Facebook and emailed me. Whoever posted it found out about it.

The scrapbook stores around here all send out email newsletters and someone must have gotten one and put the info on Facebook. I don't always get the newsletters becuase I'm all over the place and sometimes can't check my email for periods of time. Then when I do get online I have hundreds of emails and have to just delete everything that isn't personal so I missed it.

I was off the computer for 8 days while I was in Key West and it probably came in then.

Somewhere on his site you would think there would be a calendar or schedule.

C'mon down to Ocala FL and take this calss with me! I don't have anyone to go with although I will know almost everyone in the class. The other ladies are all a lot younger and have kids the same age and carpool together. My best friend here, Loey, and I are the old ladies in the group.

But we all socialize at the crops and occasionally I do things outside scrapbooking with the younger ladies.

For the summer they have formed a group and do something once a month (no kids or husbands) and go somewhere fun and then get together to scrap it. They have asked me to join them but the info is on Facebook and even though I have a Facebook page I have no idea what to do with it.

I put up a wall and its just there.

I hope they have enough space for you Henri. I am glad that it wasn't full yet. I sure hope you are one of the 1st callers.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I hate that you have to call at 10AM which is 4AM for me since I will be in Hawaii - but it is the fairest way to do it!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to anda11

Well, tell Bill there are to be no September travel plans made until you know if you get into this class!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

I've already done that! I anticipate being home and scrapping in September.

However, I thought that about the first part of June too.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

If I didn't have to be at work I would offer to call for you. I wish I lived in Florida he never comes to Ohio except for Cleveland which is 5 hours from me

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

You are so sweet to even think about it! WIsh you could take off work and just come here and take the class with me!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

Oh,I hope you get in! How ironic that I was just at his site watching videos about how to use a mask that I won...then came here and you are talking about seeing him for real. I find him fascinating...so creative...and how does he get all that ink off his hands? lol

Good luck!

Rhonda

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to ScrappinMom4

Wow!! Lucky you!! I hope you're able to get in!! Maybe we can all call in for you at the same time (10AM EST) Then you're SURE to get a spot!!

Our lss here says he "may" come next year. Who knows. We do have Dyan Reaveley (did I spell that right?!) coming next month, though!! Should be fun!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

Very cool!

I think we should rent a bus and pick everyone up and we could take all the seats in the TH class - woudln't that be fun! A private scrapbook.com class with TH.

I really would like to get in! Thing is, if you get through, you need my card number because it has to be paid for at the time!

Sounds like your class is going to be fun too! Do you know what he is going to teach?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I'd be on that bus in a heartbeat to take a class given by him! Make that bus, train, plane, hiking boots etc

I have no idea what the Dyan Reaveley classes will be yet, just that she will have inks and sprays and all kinds of colorful fun. I'm sure as the dates get closer, they will let everyone know whats what.

Does your lss have an agenda for Tim's classes yet?!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Kim222

{Crossing my fingers for you} Good luck!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel UK

When I called yesterday they said they thought it would be something with inks (that is what I'm hoping too) but they don't even have a price yet!

sharona62
Tenant
sharona62
In response to dwelch

Good Luck, hope you get in. Would love to take a Tim class. He is in Australia right now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to sharona62

I've talked to a few people who have taken his classes and everyone has such good things to say about them!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I just talked to the store. THe signups are still Thursday at 10AM and they haven't taken any advance names.

I found out there are 4 classes over 2 days. One is $125.00 she thinks and the other 3 are $75.00.

I'm going to call them now and see if there would be any advantage to being there when the store opens at 10am. Since our trip to Hawaii got delayed I can do that.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to dwelch

Good luck to you Henri. I hope you get in. Wish was going with you.
I actually will be in Tampa probably the first week in September. My DD just bought a house and is set to close in August, so planning to go check it out. It's in the Grand Hampton Community. Its a gated community. I've just seen it on realtors page, so that's all I know. Right now she's in Wesley Chapel. She said this is about 5 minutes away.
How far is Ocala from Tampa?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Ocala is about an hour and a half from Tampa.

I was really hoping the classes were going to be a lot of ink things and there are more the idea-ology so I'm disappointed. I wanted a class on inkology and how to use the different inks for different effects.

He's going to teach a shadowbox class and one called patchwork pandomonia. Gorgeous pages but now what I'm trying to do with my pages. I'm trying to preserve our travel memories with photos, memorabilia and journaling. His pages are really artsy and vintage which I knew.

But just to learn how to use inks it doesn't matter.

If you want to see the classes he's teaching, you can go to Facebook and type in "She Scrapbooks" without the quotations. Its the first one that comes up.

WHen you get to that page and it talks about Tim Holtz in the left column. Then it has a place under his picture for registration info.

When you click on that it has all 4 classes and pictures of what will be done.

They look like they will have some ink stuff but I want to really get messy and learn about ink and the different kinds of inks and how to use them.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

Henri .. it seems like from the descriptions that the journal class and the patchwork class will include MANY techniques INCLUDING inking

The ideology class may not be worth it to you, but the others could be great to learn new techniques

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to madmatter

So Henri...did you sign up?

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Patti Sylvia

I'm wondering the same thing, are you in?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-14-12 04:03 PM
In response to SherylEb

Yes, inquiring minds want to know!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

No, but still trying. I think the patch class would be the one I would want to take - I really wnat to learn to use the inks!

I will check in the morning and see what has changed or shifted, if anything.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics