Username Post: June/July Die cut swap - Busy cutting away        (Topic#1577481)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

For this swap you will be making die cuts using a cricut, cuttlebug, sizzix, silhouette, anything you have to make die cuts with. You will be sending them to me and I will swap them out and return back to you with the category you pick.

Due Date: In my hands by July 31, 2012, so that means you will need to have them in the mail before that.

Flakers need not join!! You must check in at least once a week, it only takes a minute to say "jci" or add a smile. If you need to drop out of the swap please pm me so I can fill your spot. If it's July 28 and you haven't started, THEN YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER DROPPING OUT

The Swap: For this swap you will
1. Pick the categories you want to make die cuts for.
2. make a die cut 1 per person in your group, and bag each die with your name, sb.com name, and group name on it then bag each category together.
3. send to me with the same amount of postage and 4 extra 10 cent stamps (your unused postage will be returned to you) I will reuse your mailer unless it is damaged. Also, please remember to include a return mailing label. If it's peel-n-stick, great, if not on a piece of white/light colored cardstock is fine and I can tape it on. The return mailing labels you get from Easter seals is too small if you want me to reuse your envelope. I find the best thing to do is to affix it to a regular envelope and I can tape that onto the return envelope. Plus it's easier to keep any return postage in.

SEND TO:
Sally McCracken
4603 Maplecrest Ave
Parma, OH 44134

If you use a die cut that has layers on the design please use the layers and glue them also. Please send in work that you would be happy to use on your own pages!

Any questions feel free to ask

If you can think of additional categories, let me know and I'll add them.

Overseas/Canadian participants, please pm me and I'll give you instructions for return postage.

4th of July

1. Kris
2. Sally
3. Toni
4. Linda
5. Mary
6. Gigi

BBQ/Picnic

1. Kris
2. Sally
3. Toni
4. Linda
5. Mary
6. Patty

Summer Vacation

1. Kris
2. Sally
3. Linda
4. Mary
5. Patty

Beach/Lake

1. Kris
2. Toni
3. Sally
4. Linda
5. Jenn
6. Mary

Received so far:

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 07-01-12 01:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

If you can think of another category you would like added, I will do so!

How about weddings or baby showers? I haven't gone to any, maybe some of you are going and would like that category? Or you want more kid related ones.. I can always add them. let me know.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

All, please. Can you add lake/beach/pool type category? That's where Gracie and I spend all July.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

sure thing, I was just looking to see if I could find a smiley face for it!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Let me look at my dies and see what I can find and what I can do in some of these groups.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to TJCraftyWitch

so let me have beach, bbq, 4th of July please Thank you Sally

croppinoasis
Tenant
croppinoasis

HI
Can I have one of each spot please!
Linda

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to croppinoasis

Hi ladies, I'll get you added tomorrow evening.. Garage sale week and I had a dinner thing tonight and I can barely keep my eyes open right now.. but wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring anyone.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

REALLY looking forward to this one! It's going to be fun..Great topics!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Glad you like them! But then it's summer time and it's supposed to be fun!

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher

Trying to decide how many groups. What to do? What to do?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to scrapbookingteacher

do them all....

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

LOL, You're such an enabler, Kris! But she's right. I've been trying to keep the # of categories to a reasonable amount so it is easier for everyone and me come swapping time.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Bringing everyone into the joy that is my addiction.

SPREADING THE LOVE!!!

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to krispyb

I have considered that. Need to check my cartridges.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

ok Ms Sally when are you closing this swap? I am making mine tonite and would like to mail them out tommorrow. So that been said I will make 5 of each and mail them in hopefully some more takers will sign up.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to tcletoaddison

since it is for june/july, I'm giving everyone a little longer for summer. they're not due until the end of July, so I'm keeping sign-ups open for another week or two. For the die cuts, you never have to make more than 5, even if I let more than 6 join a group. If 8 joined a group, everyone would still get 5 different ones back.

jefurr32
New Kid On the Block
jefurr32

Hi! I would love to join this swap. Is it too late to sign up for the beach/lake?

mleehm 
Resident
In response to jefurr32

Could you add me in for one letter in each? I don't care which letter...thanks, Mary

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to mleehm

mleehm...this isn't a letter one. You just make 5 of any die cut of your choice that pertains to the topic....embellishing them is optional.

These are great for using with all those letter of the words we're all so addicted to!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jefurr32

• jefurr32 Said:
Hi! I would love to join this swap. Is it too late to sign up for the beach/lake?

Not too late.. be sure to add us to your favorites and to check in at least once a week to update us with your progress. Welcome to the swap!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

OK, you got me again! Please add me to the 4th of July category please. Finally ordered the Cutmates today and they will be in my hands by Tuesday the latest so I can get cranking on these. I've heard so much good stuff 'bout these CS that hopefully this is all my Cricut need...We shall' see!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

I'll be back this evening.. leaving for a crop and in my neighborhood!!!

(will get you added then)

mleehm 
Resident
In response to krispyb

Sorry, I've been doing letter swaps lately! Could I sign up in each category? Thanks, Mary

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to mleehm

Sure, not a problem. Welcome! be sure to add this swap to your favorites.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• Lookin4newideas Said:

I'll be back this evening.. leaving for a crop and in my neighborhood!!!

(will get you added then)

Ms. Sally, I don't see my name on the 4th of July category....I hope that you just forgot before I start cutting these out....lol!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

I'm bad... yes, I did miss you, but you're up there now!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 06-24-12 12:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher

BBQ and summer vacation please.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

we have one more spot to fill!

croppinoasis
Tenant
croppinoasis

I didn't see anywhere about size? Did I miss it?

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to croppinoasis

• croppinoasis Said:
I didn't see anywhere about size? Did I miss it?

I usually go by this: "no smaller than 1.5 inches and no bigger than 2.5 inches from top to bottom and no more than 2.5 inches from side to side" but I'm pretty sure Ms. Sally will be here any minute and add to it.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to GIGIGI30

The die cut swaps have no limits...but she usually requests that you keep them small enough to fit into a standard shipping envelope.

Also, if you do something very small, you may want to include more than one per person.

Most of my dies that I do for this swap/type of swap are 3-4"

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to krispyb

postal

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

All done. Going postal in the a.m.

June/July Die cut swap By GIGIGI30

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

As Kris said, there really are no rules per se, but because most of us have been in this for awhile through trial and error we've learned, nothing bigger than 4-5" and if you're going to make something that's only 1-2" please make 1-2 of that category per person. For example: Last month we swapped out strawberries. If you cut out a 1" silhouette of a strawberry, while the next person took the time to piece together 2-3 layers of different colors and the finished strawberry is 2.5", then in all fairness, please cut 3-4 of those little strawberries. I own a Silhouette, so most of my die cuts are just silhouettes, so sometimes I will throw something else in, or I might add something to it. With this swap, you don't have to embellish it, UNLESS there is a category we call "bling". Now and then we'll have a bling category where you make two bling cuts of any of the themes.

I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, then I'm going to be gone this weekend. I'll be back on Sunday. I have to go help my sister.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Sally do you have any ideas for August yet?

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• tcletoaddison Said:
Sally do you have any ideas for August yet?

Darn Ms. Toni....You're fast!!

BTW, Went postal this morning and will PayPal you the postage. Once you get it, just let me know.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

I got Toni's and Gigi's in the mail Saturday. Sorry, Toni, I haven't thought that far in advance, LOL.

mleehm 
Resident

JCI just finished up 2 other swaps once they're in the mail (tomorrow) then I'll do these - Ty for the sizing info.

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to mleehm

Finished my picnic group.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

checking in a little early...will be out of town for the rest of the week.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Have a good time, Kris.. going anywhere good?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Everyone is so fast.. I haven't started mine. I have to finish a card swap I'm in that's due next at the end of next week. I had to make 55 cards for that one. I'm up to 22 cards.. oh, and did I mention, I'm not a card maker?

mleehm 
Resident
In response to krispyb

JCI

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to mleehm

Hey everyone!

Had a blast for the 4th and just got home from all day @ the beach with my lil' boy...All I can say is, these are the moments that make life worthwhile!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

awww, how sweet, glad you had a good time. My daughter and I just bought some hamburger meat and rented some movies. We didn't even go see fireworks this year. Too hot to do anything. Saturday, I'm meeting my sister half way to drop my daughter off with her for the week. I'll be all alone. Yippee!!! A week with no gray hairs!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Today is "Alive after Five" and I cannot wait to get out of work and meet all these new people. I'm freaking out but excited at the same time. BTW, I just PayPal you the postage for this swap. I believe I covered everything but please let me know if I owe you anything extra.

Have fun and enjoy the weekend!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

You'll do good and you're going to have lots of fun! I got the paypal, thanks. It's enough. Depending one what gets sent in, it might be more than enough (and what mail lady is at the counter!)

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher

On their way to you,

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Saturday, I'm meeting my sister half way to drop my daughter off with her for the week. I'll be all alone. Yippee!!! A week with no gray hairs!

funny you'd say that...a few days ago Tom and I realized there would be a whole week where all three of our girls would be gone and we'd be home alone. We will thouroughly enjoy the first day or two...then the house will be to quiet....erily quiet.

And, yes, I'm someplace awesome. About 6 years ago my dad bought a "vacation cottage" on a lake about 2 hrs north of us. He's since moved up here permanently. I love it up here. It's a private lake, so only those who have houses in the association have access...and everyone knows everyone.

On the down side, however, the storms that went through thursday early in the morning caused a decent amount of damage to our house...blowing out our garage door and twisting up our gazebo that was attached to our deck....not to mention we still have no idea where our trampoline went. Today, I found out we have a $1000 deducatable on our homeowners policy...so we're on our own for the repairs.

Ah well...that which does not kill us makes us stronger

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• Lookin4newideas Said:
You'll do good and you're going to have lots of fun! I got the paypal, thanks. It's enough. Depending one what gets sent in, it might be more than enough (and what mail lady is at the counter!)

Just got home from Alive after Five...Man, it feels so good to know that I still got it on me...Laughed out loud, good music, plenty of food and drank a lot of blueberry beer, met new people, saw a few of my old co-workers and had a darn good time..Love it!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

Alright!! You go girl!!! I'm so glad you got out and had some adult 'me' time. You deserved it.

Blueberry beer?

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Alright!! You go girl!!! I'm so glad you got out and had some adult 'me' time. You deserved it.

Blueberry beer?

Oh yes, blueberry ale!! This is what we got:

Bluepoint Brewery Blueberry Ale

And getting ready in 'bout an hour for my second meetup...This time....Venus of Suffolk County. All women for a night out @ Ruby Tuesday and then Bowling....My weekend couldn't get any better!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

Sounds interesting. I'm going to a party Saturday, I'll have to see if they sell that around here and maybe pick up a six pack to bring along with my margaritas.

So, how did Saturday go?

Today, I received Patty's die cuts!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Cool....Margarita? Sounds even better!

Saturday went great. Not too many people but we had a great time especially with those white peach sangria from Ruby Tuesday and then bowling 'till the wee hours of the night. Once in a while, it's good to just go out and have fun!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

I haven't had a girls night out in ages.. It's been years. I do my scrapbooking thing and that's about it and half the time I bring my daughter along so we really can't talk "girl" talk. That's great you got out and twice in one weekend! And to think a couple of weeks ago, you were feeling guilty about it. (mmm peach sangria sounds good too!)

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Sally did you open the one for August yet?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Jci

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to krispyb

Jci

jefurr32
New Kid On the Block
jefurr32

My die-cuts are going postal Monday

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to jefurr32

jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

wow Kris, I totally missed your post about your storm damage, I'm sorry. How awful.. Was that up in MI someplace? I think someone was just talking about a storm in the kit swap about one of their neighbors trampolines found 4 doors down.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Hey there ladies...JCI!

If you decide to open one for next month, don't think will be able to make it...Selling all my Cricut related items right now and hopefully can get a Cameo soon...Finger crossed!!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to GIGIGI30

Alright Gigi hope you get it soon!!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Thank you Ms. Toni!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

You're selling your Cricut? WOW... But welcome to Silhouette America! I would love to get a Cameo, but for now I will do with my Silhouette SD.

How's everyone coming along? We're into this swap a little over a month now.. I gave everyone a little extra time, but please try not to wait until the last minute to get them mailed out.

So far I got
Toni's
Gigi's
Patty's

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 07-18-12 11:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

It's been quiet.. how's everyone doing? I know I've been quiet. As I've mentioned before I've been busy making cards and I will be finished today!! WOOHOO!! and I have to thank thank the die cut swap for getting me started. It was a year ago July that SkittlesAB/April started this swap. Then she got ill and then her Cricut broke down, so I took over for her. People have come and gone, a few have come back. I've made some die cuts just for the fun of it, thinking I'd never use them for anything but I could always trade them or give them away.

As many of you know, swapping can become overwhelming and before you know it, you have so much stuff at home you don't know what to do with it all or where to store it. Before I joined this card swap, I hated making cards. I sucked at it. Well, this started out very challenging. I had to make 55 cards. Yes, 55!! When I made my first 2 cards, I panicked. I started to hyperventilate. How was I going to make 5 cards, let alone 55? Well, I started browsing galleries and blogs and Etsy and where ever I could find handmade cards. I saw some beautiful cards, some "why-would-you-post-that- online-for-the-world-to-s ee" cards, and some, "hey, I can do that" cards. I pulled out a bunch of my scraps, all my die cuts and swaps items. I pulled out the surveys we got from everyone started going by themes (birthdays, kids, colors) and before you knew it, I was making some cute cards, thanks to all the items I received some very talented ladies such as yourselves!!

So, I want to thank all of you for swapping with me. As my sb.com name implies, I'm always looking 4 new ideas and I get my inspiration from all of you wonderful talented ladies!!! Ok, that's enough mushy talk from me and if anyone asks, I'll deny it!!

jefurr32
New Kid On the Block
jefurr32

Do ya like the Sillouette better than the cricut?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jefurr32

I think each machine has it's pluses and minus. I bought the Silhouette because I didn't have to buy cartridges for it. Everything is digital. You buy your cuts individual. They're .99 each or you can get a subscription for $20 a month, you get $150 each month of downloads. Each month there are new images coming out and each week they have a freebie and weekly sales where you can purchase a select handful for .50 each. Then around holidays, they'll have the holiday ones on sale for .75 and other sales through out the year. They'll have sales on their mats and blades at various times of the year.

They finally came out with the Cameo last fall which has the 12x12 mat.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• Lookin4newideas Said:
It's been quiet.. how's everyone doing? I know I've been quiet. As I've mentioned before I've been busy making cards and I will be finished today!! WOOHOO!! and I have to thank thank the die cut swap for getting me started. It was a year ago July that SkittlesAB/April started this swap. Then she got ill and then her Cricut broke down, so I took over for her. People have come and gone, a few have come back. I've made some die cuts just for the fun of it, thinking I'd never use them for anything but I could always trade them or give them away.

As many of you know, swapping can become overwhelming and before you know it, you have so much stuff at home you don't know what to do with it all or where to store it. Before I joined this card swap, I hated making cards. I sucked at it. Well, this started out very challenging. I had to make 55 cards. Yes, 55!! When I made my first 2 cards, I panicked. I started to hyperventilate. How was I going to make 5 cards, let alone 55? Well, I started browsing galleries and blogs and Etsy and where ever I could find handmade cards. I saw some beautiful cards, some "why-would-you-post-that- online-for-the-world-to-s ee" cards, and some, "hey, I can do that" cards. I pulled out a bunch of my scraps, all my die cuts and swaps items. I pulled out the surveys we got from everyone started going by themes (birthdays, kids, colors) and before you knew it, I was making some cute cards, thanks to all the items I received some very talented ladies such as yourselves!!

So, I want to thank all of you for swapping with me. As my sb.com name implies, I'm always looking 4 new ideas and I get my inspiration from all of you wonderful talented ladies!!! Ok, that's enough mushy talk from me and if anyone asks, I'll deny it!!

Aaaweee, you better stop it now. You got me all emotional!!!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

• Lookin4newideas Said:

As many of you know, swapping can become overwhelming and before you know it, you have so much stuff at home you don't know what to do with it all or where to store it.

Did my husband send you pictures of my scraproom?!?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

LOL.. it can't be any worse than mine!

mleehm 
Resident

sorry to hear of your storm damage, weird weather all over the US this year, sorry you got hit. I am trying to get this finished up tomorrow and so it will not get in the mail until Monday, sorry to be the slowpoke, too much company this month!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to mleehm

That's fine, if you get it in the mail, it will still get here in time.

Today I received Jennifer's die cuts Cute!

jefurr32
New Kid On the Block
jefurr32

Thanks

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jefurr32

Mary, I got yours today, I didn't really look at them, but saw a hot dog and that looked cute!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

So, no pressure here, but just waiting on one more person.. cough cough, Kris, cough...

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Oi! They aren't even due for over a week! I'll get them out asap..gotta get you your kit anyway Sally.

You all are giving procrastination a bad name!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

LOL.. Don't worry, I only have one done so far, but that's one of the benefits of hosting. I have up until the last person mails hers in. But shhhh, I didn't say that. I'm working on the second one now though.

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher

Jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm waiting in Kris.. I haven't heard from here. It's not like her to be this late.. I have everyone else' die cuts..

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

Oh no! Hope everything is OK with her..

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GIGIGI30

I know, I'm starting worry. I sent her a pm, yesterday, so hopefully, she'll get back to me today.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I'm sorry! I'm here! July wiped me out more than I'd thought it would and I found myself overwhelmed.

House is repaired, crashed car paid for, court date coming, college packed for (and partially paid for) and die cuts done and shipped.

I'm so sorry to everyone for waiting on me...it's not normally me to be the slacker.

Is July over yet?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Yes Kris.. today is the last day.. you can breath now. You had one string of bad luck after another.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm going away for the weekend. I'll probably get Kris die cuts while I'm away and I'll be able to them swapped on Monday and in the mail either late Monday or Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

eta was today.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

I got them later that day, but drove to Columbus,OH, stayed over night, then went to NY Friday morning and got home yesterday and I'm trying to get them swapped now and hopefully get to the po before it closes.. if not, tomorrow morning!!

I had so much fun this weekend, LOL!! I love this unplanned weekend getaways and with people you just met and with more people you meet and then when you get there, there's people you already know for way back when! And dare I say what kind of campground this was?? LOL

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Headed to the po... I misplaced on of the envelopes and tore my house apart all night long until I found it.. Last week I let my daughter use my computer as long as she cleaned my desk off. I had been making those 55 cards for that other swap, so my desk was a foot deep and I didn't want her and her friends sitting at my computer. I made a list of what she needed to put away and even put things in piles and all my tools in a box and what not. I have those stackable dividers to hold my papers and they're all color coordinated. I knew she shoved a lot of the wrong colors here and there on the one side. So after putting most of my stuff away and trying to get half way organized and looking just about every where I could have placed the envelope.. a light bulb went on in my head... Look in the paper cubbies.. sure enough, in the second one I looked in.. there it was.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

All have been mailed!!!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• Lookin4newideas Said:
...then went to NY Friday morning and got home yesterday

How dare you come to my town and no even a phone call to meet??..... (nah, just kidding but next time I won't be so acceptable...lol)

Editing this post: Got my die cuts today..Everything beautiful as usual. Thank you ladies. I'll probably sit out for next rounds 'till I get my Cameo and also I need to use what I have so far before I can get anymore. Will remove this thread from my favorites but if anything, please feel free to PM me...

Edited by GIGIGI30 on 08-09-12 03:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Received my die cuts today I love them all!!!!!

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher

Mine were waiting when I got back from a mini getaway.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Got mine yesterday when I got home! Love them, as usual!

Signing off!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Here's the link to August/Sept die cut swap

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics