Page 5 of 44 
Username Post: July-September Secret Sisters...closed for this round        (Topic#1577567)
Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

Deb, do you not have any insurance?

I thought great, we can save $ by combining health insurances. NOPE. It's actually cheaper for us to keep our individual plans, because neither of our employers offer "employee +1" (aka married couples with no kids). It's either individual, or family, and the family plan is more than double the individual, so why bother?!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to SecretGal

• Sis2Sherri Said:
I am here to claim my little sis: Sherri! I am so excited to big your big sis and I can't wait to start shopping!!! I have a TON of ideas!!

Is there any one item on your wishlist that you are dying to have?

And I see you love York's? One of my faves too.....If it cools down enough, I will try to send you some York's, but in this heat we're having, I'm thinking you'd be getting a melted minty mess....LOL

In the meantime, have a Happy 4th of July! I'm going to go light some fireworks!!!

How exciting I have been claimed and my mouth is watering looking at the avi.

Stay safe and have a fun 4th sis.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Sherrenae

Shana - what a fabulous proposal - you have a keeper.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to Sherrenae

1) What is your favorite color? blues, green, purples, pinks

2) What color is your scrapbook room/area? An orangish yellow which is weird because I never like orange, but I love it in my room.

3) Do you like to receive homemade gifts? absolutely

4) What is your favorite scrapbook product line? Prim, Bo Bunny, Pink Paislee, Glitz, Kaisercraft or Graphic 45

5) Where is your favorite place to shop for scrapbook/craft things? Archivers, Hobby Lobby, Joanns, Michales my 3 LSS stores, online (you can see that I have a hard time grasping the concept of 'favorite'.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to scrapbrarian

Happy Birthday Rebecca!!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Sassy Suzi

Wow shana. Sounds like a dream proposal. So much thought and preparation! Someone who puts that much effort into making his woman happy was definitely raised right!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

So teacher said dd was great! She cried for maybe two min then she was foodies. She was so excited while telling me all they did today and she said she has a new friend named kaitlyn. :). Too cute!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

thought I'd share a mini album I just finished for Jason's nephew, he turns 1 in a couple weeks. the individual pages are in my gallery.

Nicholas mini book in entirety By Tina Scraps

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Tina scraps Said:

I thought great, we can save $ by combining health insurances. NOPE. It's actually cheaper for us to keep our individual plans, because neither of our employers offer "employee +1" (aka married couples with no kids). It's either individual, or family, and the family plan is more than double the individual, so why bother?!

No Tina I don't. Since I'm self employed it's not affordable. It's ridiculous these days to buy insurance.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-04-12 11:40 AM

• Tina scraps Said:
thought I'd share a mini album I just finished for Jason's nephew, he turns 1 in a couple weeks. the individual pages are in my gallery.

Nicholas mini book in entirety By Tina Scraps

Tina, this is adorable. I will check it out in you gallery in a bit!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to vawm

V - the paper is a pack by Authentique, called "genuine".

I'm just back from a massage that I bought with Groupon. I feel so relaxed, I need a nap!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

Tina that sounds fabulous!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to 888

Hello ladies how are you doing. Havent done much today my mom dad grandma and my baby came here (my mom has had her since the sugery) oh yeah got some crabs today they were great been wanting some for awhile.

Happy fourth ladies hope all have had a good day.

Happy birthday rebecca. I hope your day was great. You deserve a great day.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• scrapbrarian Said:
Just back from vacay with my mom in Southern Indiana.

One of the coolest things we did while we were there was to attend an Amish Produce Auction. Everyday we headed out from the hotel in a different direction and let the roads (cow paths in some cases) take us wherever they led.

We saw Amish folk, covered bridges, and lots and lots of corn fields and soybeans!

Looking forward to getting some scrapping time in over the next few days. I am off until Sunday.

When we would go to the flea market we use to pass through an Amish community i always wanted to stop for a tour.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • babigirl Said:
Hello ladies how is all. I am doing good. I see the sisters are being claimes what fun

So glad to see you are feeling better.. think you will be OK to go back to work next week?

Thanks friend. I believe i will be i been feelinf pretty great.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Saw this and had to share.

I'm fixin' to tell you something about being southern. Being southern doesn't mean that I'm not educated. I may say "ain't" and "y'all" and call you "Sweetie" or 'Honey" and I might "bless a lot of hearts" and I might even "piddle around". I'll greet you with a big "Howdy". All soda pop is "Coke" and I might refer to my grocery cart as a "buggy" and by golly that's okay. I'm polite and say "Ma'am" and "Sir". And if you hear a southern gal say, "Oh, h3ll no!!" you'd better run. Y'all have great day now ya hear!!!!

Who remembers sweet milk?

So very true a lot of people dont consider where i am from the real south but i can remeber saying and hearing all of this i loved it

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Mrs Niki

• SS2Sandra Said:
Darn it, I missed my little sister today. But I am glad to see that you were here!

I have a few questions for you (and all the other little sisters)

1) What is your favorite color?

2) What color is your scrapbook room/area?

3) Do you like to receive homemade gifts?

4) What is your favorite scrapbook product line?

5) Where is your favorite place to shop for scrapbook/craft things?

My favorite colors are blue silver and pink. No scraproom. Love homemade gifts. Favorie line DCVW. Favorie place to shop anywhere lol yeah i really dont know know.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
Happy 4th of July everyone! DH's family is comping over for a cookout and cornhole tourney. We live so close to the airport where they shoot off the fireworks that we really don't need to fight the crowds to go!

Sounds like alot of fun.

Sassy Sista
New Kid On the Block
Sassy Sista
In response to babigirl

Hi everyone,,,,

I am claiming Sassy Suzi as my secret sister!!! It will be a great 3 months fill of surprises!!!!

Can you please answer the 5 questions posted the more hints the better?

Have a great forth!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Rebecca - sounds like a great way to spend it bday.

So I took dd to school today. She woke up so excited. Let me take lots of pics, big smiles and then I guess she must have seen all the kids and some were crying and she started crying too. When her teacher took her inside, Ds started crying too and calling out her name. It was sad!
He cried and called out for her again when I was putting him into his car seat.

Hopefully she has fun and will go easier tomorrow.

Aww poor babies

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
My DH and I choose to get engaged at Christmas time to include the whole family in it, but he could not wait once had the rings. I came home from work on night at 9:30 pm, he watched my kids for me when I worked evenings, to a front entrance covered with rose petals. The roses petals lead upstairs and along the wall were post-it notes in asst. colours with love notes on them. At the top of the stairs I was given a choice of room 1(bathroom) or room 2(my bedroom). I chose room 1, he had drawn a hot bath for me and there were candles everywhere plus rose petals on top of the water. On the edge of the bath was a ring box, inside was a plastic ring with a note to go into room 2. When I open the door to my bedroom he was dressed in a suit and had music from a mixed CD he made for me playing and more candles and full roses this time. He got down on one knee and proposed.It was beautiful. My first husband never proposed so this was special treat for me. Once I excepted he went home so I could enjoy my bath and get a good night sleep before working in the morning. He is a wonderful considerate man. His mom raised him right!

Thats so sweet

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• littleMRSimelda Said:
So teacher said dd was great! She cried for maybe two min then she was foodies. She was so excited while telling me all they did today and she said she has a new friend named kaitlyn. :). Too cute!

That ia awesome

New Kid On the Block
In response to babigirl

Will the real NIKILYNN please stand up, I'm here to claim you!!

Tell me about yourself, likes, dislikes, faves in scrapbook papers and embellies, fave colors, fave snacks, etc., etc.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to babigirl

Hi Sherri!!

Hi Nikkilynn.. I am doing quite well actually. Been very busy the last 9 months or so, but after baseball season we are looking for a slow down!

Hi Deb!! Thank you so much for the message on my wall. It meant to much to know I have been missed. I almost feel like I stepped into another life. hhaahaha

Tina.. I love the ring that you purchased for Jason. It is so exciting to see you two are getting married!! Cannot wait to hear about every detail. Love the colors in your book that you made too. I am enjoying the papers from that company as well. Made many of my son's pages out of their stuff! Great papers and love all the colors.

Happy Birthday Rebecca! It is interesting how the Amish live isn't it? We have many of them in our area. It almost sounded like you described where I live.. glad you enjoyed your vacation

Over the last many months.. we have been short staffed at work. We lost an employee a year ago this month and still have not hired anyone. In March I was appointed as chief deputy in my office and coworker was appointed deputy. This is something we have both been working towards for some time now. I have been there 8 years as of May. (I work for the county assessor) Last June we were hit with that nasty wind storm that devastated our little town and we are still trying to catch up from the extra work that it created in our office, esp being short one person.

In May my youngest child graduated from high school and I have spent the last 9 months working my tail off to get all of his scrapbooks done. He has been involved in everything for so long I didnt think I was ever going to get done! But they turned out very nice and my hard work paid off. He had his grad party with three other kids and it was AMAZING. We had the best time. In May, we also started his last season ever as a high schooler of baseball. It hasnt been the season we had hoped for but we are still creating memories.

Last month my dad came to me and told me he had some display cabinets left over from a closet business that he dissolved and asked if I would like them in my scrap room. I had not been able to decide how to complete my room nor did I have the money, and he fulfilled a long time dream of having an organized place to craft!! I just uploaded photos to my gallery a few days ago if you are interested in seeing.

My dd will be coming home from college for 5 weeks before she enters into her Junior year. Can you believe it..

My oldest son has been giving me many reasons to pray as he moved out on his own.. finally... but bought a crotch rocket. Sighs..

Right after graduation I found about 20 gray hairs. I can honestly tell you Ive had NONE til now. My kids are making me old! ha!

In April we got to go to Cancun again and I am already ready to go back!

My husband got a new job in November and is loving it. Debbie.. you may recognize the business as they have one in FL too.. but he works for J & P Cycles. Largest catalog company in the world for motorcycle parts.

Ok... there is my quick over view of what has had me stressed to the max! Thank you all for being so patient with me... I havent always gotten to leave thank yous or comments lately but always appreciate that you all are keeping up with me! I will try my best to keep popping in the say hi and keep in touch better than I've been able to lately!!

TinaD... You can stop over any time you are up for it... would love to show you my new scraproom!! So glad to hear that you are doing better and will be waiting for an update after you hear more. Remember... CALL if you need ANYTHING.. that is what friends are for!!!

Wow, this thing is really acting up.. had my post in here three times. Hmmm

Happy 4th everyone!! Hope you enjoyed your day!

Edited by lynnde on 07-04-12 06:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-04-12 06:20 PM
In response to nikilynnsecret

Hope everyone is having a fun evening. We are getting ready to roast marshmallows. Photo op! My dh just posted a photo of our dinner table on FB. I shared it if anyone wants to check it out! See a bit of my yard.

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to IMABear2

Awesome!! Name and pic.... I am so excited to meet you!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Sista

• Sassy Sista Said:
Hi everyone,,,,

I am claiming Sassy Suzi as my secret sister!!! It will be a great 3 months fill of surprises!!!!

Can you please answer the 5 questions posted the more hints the better?

Have a great forth!!

I have a new Sassy Sista, she is a bit sassy too.

1) What is your favorite color? I am leanng more toward blues these days, but I did need pink for my grandbaby Abigail.

2) What color is your scrapbook room/area?
It is Lavender, not my choice but the small room I took over. White trim and white shears for my curtains. No hurry for new curtains over them.

3) Do you like to receive homemade gifts?
You bet!

4) What is your favorite scrapbook product line?
Aint nuthin better than that Bunny name Bo.

5) Where is your favorite place to shop for scrapbook/craft things?
This weekend it be the Scrapbook Super Store and their Outlet next door in Pigeon Forge.
Here I shop a lss name Sassy Scrapper, Michaels, Joanns and Hobby Lobby. All of these is the next county over about 40 minutes away so I make the best of it when I go.

How was your 4th? We stayed here and cooked wings and watch NCIS.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Did I see TinaM on TV tonight? I was looking for purple.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Just dropping in to wish my bff Rebecca a wonderful end to her special day!!!!

And I hope all of you have had a great 4th of July!!!!

Love ya ladies!

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to amabear62

Ok 5 questions

1. Favorite color green all primary colors
2. Scrap room color: my whole living area is a craft room and it is mustard color walls, rust trim and green cabinets and every space on the walls are filled with Mickey and friends
3. Homemade gifts are the best kind.
4.product line ummm Idk I have tons of all besides mickey I like hippy stuff too
5. Shopping hobby lobby micheals Big lots, Joann's I love bargin hunting

Trishas secret
New Kid On the Block
Trishas secret
In response to amabear62

I just wanted to drop a line and say hi to my SS.
Hello Alma, hope your week is going great. I look forward to spoiling you over the next 3 months. enjoy the rest of your week.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
Tina, here is a photo of our rings.
I really gotta start on this album! seeing the pics makes me want to do it all over again!

Rings By LittleMRSimelda

those are nice! that's a cool guy's ring

I agree Tina - like a basket weave design.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:

I hope this doesnt indicate a change of mind? Can't you choose to retain your own insurance?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Note to self - check out Victoria, Danelle and Tina Ms galleries!

Here is my latest lo - first I've done since coming bAck from San Francisco!

Spiky! By RachelUK

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Danelle - I just asked dh what a 'crotch rocket' was - it sounds so rude and we had no idea. He said 'you could google it but if its really rude do you want that on your history?'!! But I have so now we realise its a motorbike - couldda been a lot worse, right?!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Sassy Suzi Said:

Suzi you're too funny - why would I have been on tv?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

I hope this doesnt indicate a change of mind? Can't you choose to retain your own insurance?

lol Rachel, no worries, no change of mind! just irritated. We can, in fact, keep our own individual plans.

I've also been learning more about this so-called "marriage penalty" (tax stuff) that we need to figure out. That could decide whether we got married this year or next. From my preliminary research, I think we'd be ok if we chose to do this year, it has to do with our combined incomes pushing us into the next tax bracket but it looks like our combined incomes don't pass whatever the next threshold is.

I didn't know what a crotch rocket was either! have never heard it called that. My dad has had motorcycles since I was a baby, so I enjoy them, though as I get older I do get more nervous.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Danelle, good to see you! Sounds like you've had quite the busy year.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies how are you all doing. i am doing good. I have my check up today at 3:15 for my follow up I am just chilling at my moms until then.

So I come to my moms and my little angel is laying in the be

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies how are you all doing. i am doing good. I have my check up today at 3:15 for my follow up I am just chilling at my moms until then.

So I come to my moms and my little angel is laying in the bed it's still hard to believe God trusted me with such a precious gift.

Edited by babigirl on 07-05-12 03:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Charisma3103

Tina Scraps- So how excited are you? Have yall made any def plans yet? I love hearing about weddings makes we wanna renew my vows maybe in a couple of years

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to babigirl

good morning Shatema! how are you?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

I am doing good Paula how are you? Any plans for today?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Hi Danelle nice to meet you.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to babigirl

back to work for me today! How about you?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:
Tina, here is a photo of our rings.
I really gotta start on this album! seeing the pics makes me want to do it all over again!

Rings By LittleMRSimelda

those are nice! that's a cool guy's ring

I agree Tina - like a basket weave design.

Love your DH's ring!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to TrishaLouise

Nothing besides my follow up appointment but that's not till 315.

Hi Trisha

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

Good morning ladies. How was your 4th? I woke up with a terrible headache. DH did a bunch of things around the house while I napped all morning. I woke up feeling better and we went to Spiderman and then out for dinner with DS3 and his gf.
My tests Monday weren't so bad. Today is the port and meeting with oncologist. I have finally gotten my apetite back and cannot eat today due to the minor surgery:(

Happy belated birthday Rebecca.Hope it was wonderful! Today is my DH birthday.
My gf took me to Rock of Ages Tuesday afternoon. The music was awesome. The movie not so much.
Tina I was thinking that if you get married this year, you can decide if you want to file taxes single or jointly the first year.
Danelle, one of these days, I am showing up at your door:)

I know I missed so much, so not acu.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to babigirl

sounds like you have some scrappy time to me! enjoy! I hope your appt goes well!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to babigirl

Good morning ladies. Up early to get dd to school. She keeps going back and forth about wanting to go and not.

Anyhow, we have a wedding this weekend as well as a toga party. Has anyone ever been to a toga party?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Faithscrapper

Paula I am actually at my mom's house. It's closer to come here after dropping Dh off at work instead of going all the way my back to my house it's about a 45 minute difference plus she has internet at her house and I don't so i take advantage of that when i can

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Thanks ladies. I agree dh's ring is pretty cool. Like mine more. Hehe

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Hi TinaN sorry you woke up with a headache the other day I hope you are feeling better today. Sounds like your fourth was nice. We didn't really do much just enjoyed family and ate some crabs it was way to hot down here I didn't even want to be outside. Dh did find a lawn mower for 75 dollars so that was great. Nothing really wrong with it just need a tune up but the man wanted a new one and his wife told him she would buy him a new one if he sold that one so that was a nice deal. Yay for getting your appetitie back sorry you can't eat today though. I hope your appointment goes will today and sending prayers your way my friend

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Good morning Imelda. Hopefully when she gets there and see the other kids she will want to go. No never been to a Toga party but sounds fun

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

Here's a page I finished yesterday

Memories By Deb-doodle

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Trisha I enjoyed you and your video tho your partner seemed a little rude-lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Deb-doodle

Morning Deb

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to babigirl

Rachel and deb- love the new Los. Tina - love the mini!

Tina n- that's what I thought!!!! Trisha was totally adorable! Loved the accent.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

Morning ladies.

So John brought some enormous steaks and nice baking potatoes over yesterday to throw on the grill. Initially I was going to go to his apartment but once he decided to grill we did it here since his grill is here. Thank goodness. I get cabin fever in his apartment.

I'm used to being able to go outside and wonder around or sit on the swing. He's on the second floor so it's just not the same.

Anyway we were on the swing out back with the stereo on playing some Kid Rock when my neighbor texted me and ask me to turn up the stereo so they could hear it because I was just teasing them. LOL!!!!

So while the steaks were cooking we turned up the stereo and walked over there for awhile. They were grilling too. We were going to go back after dinner since they had some fireworks but we were both tired so we went to bed.

Danelle, it's so good to see you here again. Seems like old times. I know you're so busy right now though so I hope things slow down for you a bit.

Rachel, too funny about the 'crotch rocket'. I had to read that to John. He got a kick out of it too.

Shatema glad you're feeling better and able to spend some time with Keke. I know you must miss her.

Tinadn, it sounds like you are mentally doing well about the cancer. I don't know if I could be so calm.

Imelda, I've only seen a toga party on Animal House. LOL!!! Sounds fun though!!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Danelle - I just asked dh what a 'crotch rocket' was - it sounds so rude and we had no idea. He said 'you could google it but if its really rude do you want that on your history?'!! But I have so now we realise its a motorbike - couldda been a lot worse, right?!

LOL Sorry Rachel. It's funny how we assume everyone will understand our slang. We call them that because they are much faster than your typcial motor bike. They are very dangerous and we see many accidents &/or deaths on them each year because people are so careless on them. My son included. He rides wheelies down the interstate at about 100 mph. Crazy boy has NO fear what so ever!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to lynnde

Trisha finally got to my moms so i could watch the video I loved it you better let us see all of them and duh now i know when i want to punch someting that i have to paint it then punch would not have thought of that so yeah you thought me something

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

Good morning!! I will catch up throughout the day!! Have a great day ladies and stay cool!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to lynnde

Thanks Deb yes i do miss her. She can be bad when she wanna be but def miss her a lot

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Good morning Danielle

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Pam is my sis

• Pam is my sis Said:
Sh, Sh, Sh, Shoutin out to my little sis in Texas the one an only Pam. How is the weather treating you and are you ready to be spoiled?

OMG I missed my SS's howdy. Sorry for the late reply as I have been off staying with my granddaughters for 2 days while their parents went out of town. This is one tired ol broad. LOL
The weather has been very hot and humid but livable.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Tina Scraps- So how excited are you? Have yall made any def plans yet? I love hearing about weddings makes we wanna renew my vows maybe in a couple of years

nope, no def plans. We haven't actually spent a whole lot of time in the past week, thanks to our differing schedules. I've been doing a variety of research, like on some of the tax stuff, health insurance, etc. and that could affect when we do it. Plus, since we haven't totally told everybody (his parents being the most important of those that still don't know), we won't bother with some of that till after it's completely public.

However I've been looking up inexpensive engagement rings on Etsy and found some really cute things. Did you know white topaz looks similar to diamonds, but a fraction of the cost? And since I love purple, I found some pretty amethyst ones. I was so happy to find some pretty rings that didn't break the bank.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Tina = For tax purposes, if you are married as of Dec 31st, you're married for the "whole" year. We can file as married filing separately or married filing together, but not "single". One of my friends has a friend who's a certified tax preparer, and she's gonna hook me up with her so I can get a few questions answered.

Edited by Tina scraps on 07-05-12 04:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

LOL Sorry Rachel. It's funny how we assume everyone will understand our slang. We call them that because they are much faster than your typcial motor bike. They are very dangerous and we see many accidents &/or deaths on them each year because people are so careless on them. My son included. He rides wheelies down the interstate at about 100 mph. Crazy boy has NO fear what so ever!

I have a British DIL and my friend is Scottish so I've learned quite a bit over the past 5 yrs. Problem is that I have incorporated some of their terminology into my own speech and my Mom keeps going "HUH?". My son is stationed in England now and my granddaughter(5yrs old) is definitely English. First time I went over there I said I needed a fanny pack and they just about busted a seam laughing. My DIL told me she went to get milk at the garage and I finally figured out she ment the gas station. LOL

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Pam in TX

No i didn't know that Tina but I am glad that you are finding them at a reasonable price. I got mine for a pretty reasononable price and I love it so i think i got it a good price.

Edited by babigirl on 07-05-12 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to lynnde

I was gone 3 days and this group grew by 7 pages. WOW! i will try to catch up and comment in a bit..............but first things first...I NEED COFFEE

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Pam in TX

Okay...... I bought a coffee pot to keep at my son's house as they don't drink coffee and when I stay there I NEED my coffee. Lol. As I didn't get home until after 11 last night I hadn't unpacked the car. So I went to get my coffee supplies out of the car and I had left them at my sons house. Panic! Luckily I had done grocery shopping just a few days ago and had a brand new can of coffee. Crisis averted. :-)

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Pam in TX

Pam, I know the feeling!! I have to have my coffee at any cost.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:
I was gone 3 days and this group grew by 7 pages. WOW! i will try to catch up and comment in a bit..............but first things first...I NEED COFFEE

yeah we're a chatty bunch

DebDoodlesotherplace
Veteran
DebDoodlesotherplace
In response to DebDoodlesotherplace

Here's a picture I just took of my cat Smokey loving on the Itty Bitty Wild Kitty.

Smokey and Itty Bitty Kitty By DebDoodlesotherplace

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

What a sweet moment you were able to capture Deb.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-05-12 07:44 AM
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:
  • lynnde Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

I have a British DIL and my friend is Scottish so I've learned quite a bit over the past 5 yrs. Problem is that I have incorporated some of their terminology into my own speech and my Mom keeps going "HUH?". My son is stationed in England now and my granddaughter(5yrs old) is definitely English. First time I went over there I said I needed a fanny pack and they just about busted a seam laughing. My DIL told me she went to get milk at the garage and I finally figured out she ment the gas station. LOL

Danelle - tell that boy to be careful!

So in other terminology (for Rachel) pocket rocket - which also sounds bad is a sports car that goes fast. To use in a sentence I used to drive a pocket rocket, but now I have a mom mobile.
(Well I have a Pontiac Grand Prix, so maybe not so much on the mom mobile (a safe car, often a mini-van)

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-05-12 07:46 AM

• DebDoodlesotherplace Said:
Here's a picture I just took of my cat Smokey loving on the Itty Bitty Wild Kitty.

Could this be any cuter?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-05-12 07:47 AM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • babigirl Said:

nope, no def plans. We haven't actually spent a whole lot of time in the past week, thanks to our differing schedules. I've been doing a variety of research, like on some of the tax stuff, health insurance, etc. and that could affect when we do it. Plus, since we haven't totally told everybody (his parents being the most important of those that still don't know), we won't bother with some of that till after it's completely public.

However I've been looking up inexpensive engagement rings on Etsy and found some really cute things. Did you know white topaz looks similar to diamonds, but a fraction of the cost? And since I love purple, I found some pretty amethyst ones. I was so happy to find some pretty rings that didn't break the bank.

Sounds great! I would look for something with both. Maybe white topaz flanked with amethyst. I can't wait to see what you choose.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Pam in TX

What a cute pic. A couple of spooning kitties. Haha

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Tina- you sound so excited! How fun! I remember that stage.

I'm not the same with coffee. Don't really have anything that I must have although I am really into these sour belts candy that we get at our bulk store. The kids and I call them rainbow candies. I buy them for kids but end up eating most myself

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

So good to see your sunny smile here sweet friend!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Love that kitty pic, Deb!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I have managed to spend way too much of my possible scrappy time on the Internet, so now I am off to my scrap studio!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

very cute picture

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to babigirl

Hi all! I am zonked....Sitting out in that heat yesterday really tires you out....and then having to go back to work the next day? yuck!

Heading to Charleston, WV with my cousin to see our ailing aunt this weekend. We're giving my uncle( her brother) a break so he can come back to Ohio and rest up. He's been there in the hospital everyday for 2 weeks and he's exhausted.

Haven't heard from my secret sis yet. Hope everything's ok.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• littleMRSimelda Said:

I know, it's ironic isn't it? If someone had told me 4 or 5 years ago that I'd be at this point, actually *wanting* to get married and excited about this, I'd have told you to take a long walk off a short pier lol.

Here are a couple I liked:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/98945386/amet hyst-and-white... (coordinating ring and band)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91096799/new- sterling-silve... (I like the design on this one)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/103625098/dou ble-trillion-s...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92369879/wedd ing-set-engage... (this is such a cool design!)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/103515978/ste rling-silver-8... (opal, which is another one of my faves)

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Wow Tina. These are gorgeous! My favs are the first and fourth!! Beautiful.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand

still not feeling 100 percent well
hi 2 both sisters

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Hi Danelle nice to meet you.

Hi Shatema! Nice to meet you too!!

Tina, it's been a whirlwind but I wouldn't change a bit of it other than work LOL We've made alot of memories along the way and of course I took many pics to prove it!! hehe

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good morning ladies. How was your 4th? I woke up with a terrible headache. DH did a bunch of things around the house while I napped all morning. I woke up feeling better and we went to Spiderman and then out for dinner with DS3 and his gf.
My tests Monday weren't so bad. Today is the port and meeting with oncologist. I have finally gotten my apetite back and cannot eat today due to the minor surgery:(

Happy belated birthday Rebecca.Hope it was wonderful! Today is my DH birthday.
My gf took me to Rock of Ages Tuesday afternoon. The music was awesome. The movie not so much.
Tina I was thinking that if you get married this year, you can decide if you want to file taxes single or jointly the first year.
Danelle, one of these days, I am showing up at your door:)

I know I missed so much, so not acu.

Sounds great to me! The door is always open!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 07-05-12 11:29 AM

• Tina scraps Said:
  • littleMRSimelda Said:

I know, it's ironic isn't it? If someone had told me 4 or 5 years ago that I'd be at this point, actually *wanting* to get married and excited about this, I'd have told you to take a long walk off a short pier lol.

Here are a couple I liked:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/98945386/amet hyst-and-white... (coordinating ring and band)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91096799/new- sterling-silve... (I like the design on this one)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/103625098/dou ble-trillion-s...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92369879/wedd ing-set-engage... (this is such a cool design!)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/103515978/ste rling-silver-8... (opal, which is another one of my faves)

I agree with Imelda. I love the 4th one the best, but the first is beautiful too!

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to vawm

I really like the first one, but good choices all.

Sassy Sista
New Kid On the Block
Sassy Sista
In response to vawm

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Sassy Suzi watch your postal box
Soon there will be a surprise for YOU!!!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Deb-doodle

• Deb-doodle Said:
Pam, I know the feeling!! I have to have my coffee at any cost.

AMEN!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

You know - cats do NOTHING for me (though never tried 'em grilled, to be fair) but this pic is very very cute - esp knowing that baby is one wild kitty!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • babigirl Said:

I'm all excited too! Can't wait to see what you finally settle on - isnt this awesome!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:

Suzi you're too funny - why would I have been on tv?

Think about it. I thought maybe you were in the huge crowd.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Tina (M) I LOVE the first one! That deep purple is so gorgeous and so you, and I like the way the set fits into each other.

As much as I like the knobbly ones, I think they would get caught on things - people possibly, but your knitwear or fine clothes etc - so thats my practical comment!

Yum yum - are they fabulous or what?!!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

My step son the fireman said they call them Donor Bikes, b/c when they wreck they try to keep them live long enough for Organ Donors.

This is the worst place, The Dragon's Tail, they do race and have a lot of wrecks. Since 2000 through 6/24 there has been 33 fatalities. Dennis took me there once, it is very scary when a bike passes you on a curve and seeing him almost laying on the ground as he speeds through.

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Tina i love the first ring. Gorgeous!

Page 5 of 44 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics