Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: Clsd/Divas Lose It... Challenge        (Topic#1577783)
Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Has anyone tried the Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants bars in Dark Chocolate Almond flavor?
They are 130 calories and wonderful!!!

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah
In response to Lorna Lee

JCI

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Dixie Leah

Good Morning!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Has anyone tried the Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants bars in Dark Chocolate Almond flavor?
They are 130 calories and wonderful!!!

YUM-- I will have to get some of those!

Went to see my Dad this weekend and ate out several times-- back on the wagon now that I am home. Not the chuck wagon, mind you-- that is what I rode all weekend! LOL

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah
In response to terrihooper

I don't know if I did good or not this week. Everything was going really good until early Thursday morning! My Mom took a spill so off to the hospital we go! 16 stitches in her forehead. Since then I've been pretty busy and not eating the way I should. Well we will see tomarrow, I'm almost afraid to get on the scales.

Have a good evening everyone!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to maggieanne

How are you all doing ladies? Melinda received your package yesterday thank you sweetie. Love the hostess gift...thank you sweetie.

Edited by Martica on 07-22-12 06:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Good morning ladies have a great day...Don't forget its weigh day. If you don't send it to me by thursday I automatically put 0 weight loss that week.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Martica

Hi Ladies--
I had a pleasant suprise this morning-- After my eating this weekend, I still lost 0.3 of a pound-- AMAZING that I can be very strict during the week and GAIN and then have a weekend of eating and LOSE!!!
Maybe it means my body is back into lose mode!!!

By the way-- I FINALLY cleared the map on my Wii Fit and now I get that new bike for my Mii! YAY for me!!! I will be working out today so I will get to see it

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Hey ladies. I seemed to have gained a pound back. I have been eating all morning thou. I had my breakfast bar, then a necterine, then my Vietnamese summer salad (that my BFF had left from the Baptism yesterday), now a cucumber. I am going to get the recipe for the salad. It has mango, cucumber and I think celantro with some dressing. The cucumber and mango together is a wonderful mixture. I loved it so much yesterday that my BFF's step mom sent me home with a large container of it.
Maybe the little munching will jump start my metabolism.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Lorna Lee

I am stoked today. I can't really exercise due to loss of discs in my back and neck but I do a lot of stretching. I have lost a total of 6 lbs so far. My main thing that I have had to practice is portion control and stop eating fast foods. Being diabetic I have been trying to adhere to the rule of not going over 5 hrs without eating by keeping string cheese in the house. On the first a friend(Sandra the Scot) and I are going to go shopping at Sams and split a bunch of produce and stuff. There's always plenty for 2 couples and way too much for just 2 people.
My 26 yr old super skinny(5'6" @ 110 lbs) daughter lives with us and it is so hard not to snack on her goodies. She's trying to gain while I'm trying to lose. Now if I could just transfer it to her it would be a lot easier for both of us. LOL

Melinda W
Resident
Melinda W
In response to Pam in TX

Lost one pound this week. I took the family out to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant this weekend and we "chowed down" (as the kids say), so I'm thrilled that I lost something.

Total weight loss to date for the Diva's Lose It Challenge: 7 pounds

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Melinda W

WTG Melinda

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Pam in TX

Way to go ladies! You rock the loss! LOL

Keep it up!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

have not lost anything but adding skipping into my exercise and starting to take iodine instead of drugs to see if that will help my thyroid. I have heard and read some amazing things about iodine replacement and how it helps not only your thyroid but your adreinal glands in your back. Will let you all know if it starts working!

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Drayia

I lost 1 pound. I would have expected to have lost more since I was sick most of the week and threw up so much. This week has started out good. I need to get to the store and get some fruit and other "good" snacks before I start in on my husbands cookies - that I really don't care for!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to dkscrapper

Donna, So sorry to hear that you have been sick. I hope that you are feeling better now.

Shana, Please watch subing your Thyroid meds without a doctor's care. That is REALLY dangerous. Your Thyroid controls so much. I have been on Thyroid meds for many years. I know what it can do to your weight but I also know it controls so much more. PLEASE see a doctor before not taking your meds. We love you and don't want anything bad happening to you.

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah
In response to Lorna Lee

JCI

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Donna- YEAH for the lb. loss! I hope you are better!

Shanna- I agree with Lorna-- be careful! Let us know how you are!

lorna and Dixie Leah

I got to see my new bike on the Wii yesterday-- it is fancy! I also got moved up a level in almost all my activities I do-- YEAH for me!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Congrats to all the ladies that have lost this past week. And keep on trying to the ladies that did not lose anything. I know you all will meet your targets ....keep it up ladies....

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Martica

My Wii is happy with me! I have lost this week and met my short term goal by the deadline!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Tis ok girls I am not on any meds yet and am trying this to avoid having to go on meds at some point. I HATE taking pills because I never remember to take them on time

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to Drayia

Hi Ladies - Please excuse my absence. But now I am back. The challenge is not going very well for me. My appetite seems to have no end. ugh! I have been going to the gym, however, and I like the way I feel after that. I have been to fitness pilates twice now and I really like it. My tummy is sore from the ab work we did. I hope you all are doing better than me.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Congrats Terri!!! That is great news.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Keep it up ladies.....don't give up.

Edited by Martica on 07-26-12 01:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Martica

Hi girls, sorry I haven't been on to cheer everyone to losing but having some health issues and trying to get my energy back.

Martica, did you get my pkg? I mailed it Tuesday from the post office and got a tracking #. I sent it priority so was hoping you'd get it by now. Just let me know when you get it please!

Take care everyone and I'll be back soon!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hi Maggie sweetie , yes I got it yesterday thank you sooo much. You are so kind.....

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Martica

Good morning ladies. Since being sick all week I haven't had much of an appetite. I had my DD bring me some fruit and fresh veggies for when I am hungry. Not being able to exercise is such a downer! I'm hoping that eating fresh rather than pkgd meals will help.

Has anyone given up anything specific yet? I've eliminated soda of any kind from my diet. No white bread either. I'm hoping if I just eliminate a couple of things at a time it won't seem like I'm depriving myself.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hello everyone remember tomorrow is weigh in.....

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Martica

Happy Birthday MaggieAnne! Hope it's a good one!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Happy birthday MaggieAnne! Hope you are treated like a queen today!

I found an exercise regimen thing on Pinterest. It says to do more than what I've listed but some things were just not possible for me to do 50 of LOL!

25 Crunches
25 Leg Lifts (25 each leg)
25 Bicycles
25 Calve Raises
50 Arm Circles
15 Push Ups

I do push ups on my knees, can't do the real ones anymore LOL. My arms are so sore from the arm circles right now and I just did the routine!

Tomorrow is cardio, walking on the treadmill!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Based on my scale, I am down a total of four pounds for this challenge--
I am CRAZY with the olympics right now-- LOVE the rowing, swimming, gymnastics. Can't wait for the Track and Field!

I need to get back to my exercise plan-- I didn't work out Friday or Saturday!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to katiemylady

• katiemylady Said:
Happy birthday MaggieAnne! Hope you are treated like a queen today!

I found an exercise regimen thing on Pinterest. It says to do more than what I've listed but some things were just not possible for me to do 50 of LOL!

25 Crunches
25 Leg Lifts (25 each leg)
25 Bicycles
25 Calve Raises
50 Arm Circles
15 Push Ups

I do push ups on my knees, can't do the real ones anymore LOL. My arms are so sore from the arm circles right now and I just did the routine!

Tomorrow is cardio, walking on the treadmill!

Good for you Katie! Keep it up!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Happy Birthday Maggie!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Hi ladies. I forgot to weigh this morning. I guess that I will do it when I get home. I like to weigh at the same time of day each week but somethings can not be avoided.
I hope that everyone had a great weekend.
Katie, Sounds like a great routine.
Terri, that is great.
Maggie, Happy Birthday.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Hello ladies how is everyone.....?

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Maggie happy bday girl..... You are 1 year younger yay!!!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Good morning ladies.
Martica, sorry that I did not get you my weight yesterday. I sent a PM this morning. I am trying to find someone to fix the AC at my house that my son rents from me. I found out that the company that sold me the one that is there is not reachable now and not licensed. Here goes another $2000.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Good morning ladies.
Martica, sorry that I did not get you my weight yesterday. I sent a PM this morning. I am trying to find someone to fix the AC at my house that my son rents from me. I found out that the company that sold me the one that is there is not reachable now and not licensed. Here goes another $2000.

Oh no! I am so sorry!
Well I didn't work out yesterday but I did crawl around under the house for an hour or two trying to patch leaks in our AC ducts-- They all need replaced and we just haven't gotten that far-- it is RAPIDLY becoming a priority! LOL
Nothing like TEXAS HEAT to make you want AC!

I just had lunch with a collegue-- Turkey sub with avocado! YUMMY!!!! It will be a light supper for me--
Is everyone watching the olympics? I see the athletes and think "WOWZER" they are so fit! I would DIE trying to do half of what they do!
DEDICATION! Have to admire it!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Ladies pm me what you lost or gained please.....

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Martica

sent you a PM

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Scrap Smart

No gain or lost weight here just the same 150

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Drayia

I have lost 5 lbs from the first weigh in to the last.

I was very upset this morning as I forgot my Pepsi Max that I always take with me to work. I stopped at a convenience store and they did not have Pepsi Max. I had to settle for the New Pepsi with 100 calories. I do not want to get used to drinking my Pepsi with any sugar in it again. I happen to think that the Pepsi Max tastes pretty good.

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Lorna Lee

I haven't tried the Pepsi Max. I use to drink Pepsi One but can't get it anymore.

I didn't lose or gain. And I have been eating like a pig this week.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Hi ladies, just dropping in with a little info that I found on a Web MD aricle that I was sent.
I did a copy and paste below
BMI, calculated from a person's height and weight, breaks down into four categories:
Underweight: BMI below 18.5
Normal: BMI ranging between18.5 and 24.9
Overweight: BMI ranging between 25 and 29.9
Obese: BMI of 30 or higher

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Here is a link to that article.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/bmi-dra wbacks-and-ot...

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hi there ladies, has everyone mailed package? I only have a handful......

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Martica

Hi everyone -

Well, I gained 2 lbs while on vacation. Martica, I have the package sitting ready to go but I've been a lazy you know what and haven't gone to the post office but I will endeavor to do so today or tomorrow. My sincere apologies for the delay.

I tried the sugar free dark chocolate jello mousse and have to say I don't like it.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to scrapwriter

Ladies please come vote everyone is invited...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15793...

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart
In response to Martica

Well, I decided to treat myself yesterday. Went to a cupcake place I heard was really awesome, bought one (the tiny version of wedding cake) and it looked absolutely scrumptious! Had a little bite and was working my way out of a very cramped strip-mall, when a lady started backing out right into me!! I slammed on the brakes & hit my horn & the lady stopped just inches before hitting me....the cupcake went flying, landing frosting side down on the gross, dirty floor of hubby's truck. I had my little bite and the rest, as they say, is karma--I was not supposed to have that cupcake!!!!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hahaha Susie so it is....sorry about the scare though....

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Martica

Suz- sorry about the cup cake but I am so glad you didn't have a wreck!

DH and I have been working on the back porch! It is HOT outside! I hope that it has resulted in a little weight loss for me! Weigh in tomorrow!!!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I don't know susie for a cupcake that good I may have saved it instead of the truck.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Martica, would you beleive that I forgot to weigh this morning. I will send you my weight laster.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Lorna Lee

Well I weighed this morning and the scale is NOT my friend! LOL!
It says I am UP 1.5 lbs!!!!! ARGGGGGG!!!!!!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Good morning ladies don't forget to pm me weight you have lost......or gained.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Martica

• Martica Said:
Good morning ladies don't forget to pm me weight you have lost......or gained.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Martica, I forgot to PM you yesterday. No change in weight from last Monday to this one.

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Lorna Lee

I think my scale is broken. I order a new one!!!!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I'm the same weight as the day I started. poo that's what vacations tend to do blow me right up.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Great Donna!

Bren- I know what you mean! My trip in June did it to me and I am trying to get rid of it!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

yes ladies I do know what you mean. I will probably loose (hopfully) just in time for my cruise in Sept. Then when I come back I will be back up for the final weigh in. LOL
Just had my Dark Choclate/ Almond Fiber Plus bar from Kellogg's 130 cal. Gets me started in the morning. In more ways than one actually.....

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Lorna Lee

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah

Hello Ladies!! Sorry for my absence the last few weeks. It has been quite an experience around my house. My Mom, who is now 84 yrs old as of the 1st of Aug., fell about 3 weeks ago and ended up with 16 stitches in her head. We have had Nurses, physical therapists, and aides in and out since then. My Mom has alzheimers and has forgotten how to get up from a chair or out of bed, so she tries to use her walker as a way to get up. Well she did that and her walker flipped with her and down she went!! She has healed very well but the fall did something, now I have to assist her with everything. I've been pretty busy and hope things will get better.

I hope everyone is doing well with their weight loss. I haved gained a little back, 3 birthdays in the last 3 weeks and my husband makes the best strawberry champaign cake I've ever eaten,so being the weakling that I am I just couldn't resist. Oh well I haven't given up yet.

Have a wonderful evening ladies!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Oh my Dixie! I hope things are better for you and your mom!
Your DH's cake sounds delicious-- can I have the recipe?

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah

You sure can. It is so easy. All you need is a strawberry cake mix. Replace the water with pink champaign,add the eggs and oil, mix. Bake.(My husband always makes a layer cake, but you don't have to. If you do make a layer, in between the layers use a strawberry spread instead of frosting. Put it all together and frost. You will LOVE it!! I do believe it is the most moist cake I have ever eaten. Have fun and let me know how you like it.

Scrap Smart
Mayor
Scrap Smart

so sorry to hear about your mom, Dixie! Makes it had to lose when you have extra stress!

I have been working with an exercise physiologist. He has me walking everyday and start at "curves" Friday for strength training. Since I started 3 wks ago, I've missed only 1 day, am up to 1.6 miles in 34 minutes (with hills--because I walk outside). I couldn't even go more than 10 minutes when I first started--so it's helping. I think I'm down 8 lbs. total--but even more important--I'm down a pants size!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Way to go Susie!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Wow Dixie so sorry about your mom, I will pray that she is up and running real soon....

Martica
Queen
Martica

Ok ladies here is a list of the ladies that I have not received anything from yet.... If you are no longer participating please let me know.... If you are still with us please mail package asap please.

Katiemylady
Pam In Tx
Scrapwriter
Drayia
1heart
Sasload4
HVN101

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah

Awesome job Susie!!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

GO SUSSIE, GO SUSSIE

I so admire your determination. If I do not start exercising soon, gravity will take over completely. No no not that one..... my eyes.... I can't see.... I hit my self in the eyes.....

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Lorna Lee

Sent packages out Martica, was sending a second one with your hostess gift looks like will be including some extras.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Drayia

Well don't fall off the boat in shock but YES I finally mailed my package.

Martica-I will be sending you a card separately because I want to be able to write luvins' in it and haven't made the time yet.

Well I took off the weight I gained on vacation and now I will be leaving for 5 days again on Wednesday. I feel like a 5 lb. yoyo up 5 down 5 up 5 down 5.

I don't know if any of you enjoy oatmeal on a regular basis but there's an oatmeal out there called 'Oat Fit'. It's very tasty, no sugar added and is only 100 calories for a serving. It has flax seed in it as well. I buy mine at Target and so far they only have two flavors which is Brown Sugar and Apple Cinnamon.

Have a wonderful day dear fellow losers.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Thanks ladies.....

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Martica

Martica my package will go out on Monday, I have it set up and forgot about sending it!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Thanks Katie....

Martica
Queen
Martica

Heard about this diet check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/AminoDiet

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Martica

Hello ladies I wanted to let everyone know that I started a short swap. Until Graphic 45 paper is out then I will start another ss swap...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15796...

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah
In response to Martica

Hello Ladies! I lost a pound last week. How, I have no idea, but I will take it! Hope you are all doing well!!!

Martica
Queen
Martica

ladies don't forget to pm me what you have either lost or gained.....

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

I'm flabbier than I was but at the same weight which only means Ive gained flabby size. But have no fear after this next visit to virginia it will be stuck in the lone star for a couple months.

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hi ladies I will be removing participants that have not been either sending me there weight info nor package since I started this challenge.
If you have sent me at least once weight info, and/or have pm me telling me you are sending package this week some time you are ok, not to worry.
If you still want to play please pm me and I will update your info and please send pkg ASAP.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

My problem is that I need to get moving on some physical training. I couldn't do that last week because a biopsy was done on my fatty part of my back just above my waist almost on the corner. It hurt to even move there. It is beginning to heal after a solid week. Maybe by the weekend.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Here is a link for our sisters with Fibro like me

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/ss/slide show-fibromya...

Excerises that you can do.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

Thanks Lorna for the link I have a friend that suffers from this decease I will share link with her.....
How are you feeling from the biopsy?

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Better, Thanks. It is sore because it is on that fatty tissue that I need to get rid of. Results were all benign. YAY!!! Now what will be my next excuse for not Exercising?

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Lorna Lee

I know what you mean Lorna.....

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Martica

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA with mom in the hospital but I'll try to be on more often now that she seems to be getting better.

Martica, I don't know if you remember but I had decided not to participate except as a cheerleader for everyone else so I didn't send any weight info, etc. I'm just sayin because I would like to continue on here.

I really wasn't trying but I have lost a couple of pounds. lol If you could see the hospital and what a maze it is and how far you have to walk from parking lot to room is amazing! It has to total at least a mile to and from and I went sometimes twice a day!

I'll catch up on the posts tomorrow! I've just about caught up everywhere else. I hope everyone keeps at it!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Thats ok Maggie, how is your mom sweetie?

Melinda W
Resident
Melinda W
In response to Martica

Hi all,

I sent my weight loss to Martica but forgot to post it here. This week's loss is 4.6 pounds! My tip? Scrapbooking keeps my mind off food.

Hugs to all,
Melinda

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to Melinda W

Melissa you don't need to post here If you don't want to......ok

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Martica

My mom is doing better Martica. She's been moved to a rehab facility so that's a good sign.

Love the fact that summer makes it easy to be happy eating fruits, vegetables and salads!

Martica
Queen
Martica

That is great Maggie.
Melinda got your beautiful handmade project today thanks sweetie.....

Edited by Martica on 08-18-12 07:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Martica I am going to have to be a bystander for this one and cheer on everyone else, things aren't going so well financially or weight-wise

Martica
Queen
Martica

awww sorry Katie.....

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Martica

My weight has been the same for the past 3 weeks. Dicouraging..................

Martica
Queen
Martica

. Sasload4
. Drayia
1heart

Ok these are the ladies that I need to know if you have sent package and are still participating.
I will remove those that I have not received package and $ by August 31.

dkscrapper
Queen
dkscrapper
In response to Martica

I forgot to send my weight yesterday but sent it this morning. I think I am on yo-yo right now. But I have started swimming so hopefully I will just lose instead of going back and forth.

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics