Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: July *One Month At A Time* Challenge        (Topic#1577985)
laurink
Idol
laurink

Welcome to the "One Month At A Time" Challenge!

HAPPY CANADA DAY (JULY 1st) AND AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY (JULY 4th)!!

Every month we'll be working on scrapping photos from that particular month and every week we'll post a new series of challenges to use on your montly photos.

And now it's JULY!!! Unbelievable! July for me is all about picnics and summer BBQs, patriotic holidays and the smell of the grill, so let's bust out some summertime LOs! I hope everyone has some good warm weather summertime photos from July to work with!

This month, we're working with photos you've taken in JULY ONLY, it can be from any year, last year, this year, ten years ago - whatever! The pics just has to be from JULY.

Each week I'll post 4 things you need to include in your layout. Then we'll take the week to post our layouts (with our awesome July photos) and share some love and some work together!

You can post any week's LO at any point, just make sure you tell me which week your layout is for.

Sign-ups will be open all month, you can join at any time!

At the end, we'll do a vote for our favourite layout from the challenge and I'll send you a little something!

Sharing other LOs is also encouraged - let's inspire each other and get that scrap mojo working!

Any questions, just ask!

Edited by laurink on 06-29-12 02:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

The Players:

laurink
Pat
jadebrit
dancinirish90/Lisa
Looking4newIdeas/Sally
sarahmacnificent
senora_x

Edited by laurink on 07-11-12 03:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Weekly Challenges

This is where you can view the weekly challenges. The pages must be completed with JULY pictures, but they can be from anytime during the month. The only reason we're separating the weeks here is to see the challenges I give out for the layouts to have :).

The new challenges will always be posted by Sunday nights or Monday mornings at the latest!

*For those of you who are new to the challenge, I'm currently living in Europe so I'm 6-9hrs ahead of you guys, so if I take a little bit to get back to you or you see the challenges are being posted at 3am, that's why, lol!*

The Challenges per Week:

WEEK 1:

July 1st - July 7th
1. It’s Canada Day on July 1st and American Independence Day on July 4th!!! Feature the colours red and white on your layout – and for those who want to also include Blue for the US, do that too! Let’s get patriotic! That means these 2-3 should be prominent – they’re not the only colours allowed, but we really need to see that red, white, & blue (or for Canadians, you can do just red & white!)!
2. Use one of the following themes for your LO: Summertime, Picnics (It’s National Picnic Month by the way!), July 4th/Independence Day/July 1st Canada Day or Recreations/Sports
3. Lift a favourite – find one of your favourite Los by another scrapper on sb.com and lift it for this weeks challenge!
4. Use at least two photos on your LO – this is a hard one for me, I’m totally a one-photo per page-person!

WEEK 2:
July 8th - July 14th
1. July 12th is paper bag day - let's use a piece of paper bag (or a whole one, or a paper sandwich bag, whatever!) on your LO this week!
2. We have ridiculous weather over here, 30 degrees (Celcius), then raining, then sunny and hot, then raining! Ack! Use something weather related or a picture with that good sunny weather in it!
3. Use some form of distressing
4. Use something old and something new from your stash!

WEEK 3:
July 15th - July 21st
1.July 16th is the day the sewing machine was patented - so use some machine stitching on your LO! If you don't have a sewing machine, you can also hand stitch.
2. Use the colours yellow, green and white to bring in that natural summer colour palette!
3. Use at least 4 things from your stash that are more than 6 months old.
4. Include the word "summer" in your title!

WEEK 4:
July 22nd - July 31st
1. Use at least one very summer themed patterned paper on your LO this week! (I have a paper with ice cream cones and also one with lemon slices, those would both qualify)
2. On July 23rd in 1904 the ice cream cone was introduced! So use some kind of summer food embellishment (it has to be an embellishment of some kind, but it can be self-made!) Examples would be a hot dog, bbq food, ice cream, popsicles, anything summer food-ish!
3. Your photo must include you or a family member (no pets or landscape pictures this week!). If you use more than one photo, the second photo can be anything - just one photo has to meet this requirement!
4. Let's see that handwritten journaling, write at least 30 words in your own handwriting about the who what when where's of this LO! It can be on the back or hidden journaling, this also works.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

The Completed LOs:

If anyone notices their LO has not been posted to the front page, please just let me know, I seem to sometimes miss them but of course I'll do my best not to!

WEEK 1:

Baseball By Faithscrapper

American Girl By Dancinirish90

The Fourth of July By Senora_x

hello there handsome By Jadebrit

4th of July By Teresakay

Fun By Njr007

Canadian Checklist By Laurink

LN - 4th July 2012 By LelaScraps-n-Stamps

WEEK 2:

First Ride By GentlewoodFarms

July, Project Life By Faithscrapper

oh boy By Jadebrit

Soakin' Up the Sun! By Dancinirish90

LN - Bless this Nest By LelaScraps-n-Stamps

WEEK 3:

remember an Indiana Summer By Dancinirish90

WEEK 4:

Fun in the sun By Teresakay

Lake County Fair By Dancinirish90

delightful ice cream By Jadebrit

Edited by laurink on 07-31-12 03:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Okay, everyone ready for July!? I have to dig out all my awesome Canada Day photos!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

And I'm posting Week 1 right now because on Sunday it's the final game of the Eurocup (Soccer) in Europe and also the day after my final German exam so I might not be online!!

WEEK 1:
July 1st - July 7th

1. It’s Canada Day on July 1st and American Independence Day on July 4th!!! Feature the colours red and white on your layout – and for those who want to also include Blue for the US, do that too! Let’s get patriotic! That means these 2-3 should be prominent – they’re not the only colours allowed, but we really need to see that red, white, & blue (or for Canadians, you can do just red & white!)!
2. Use one of the following themes for your LO: Summertime, Picnics (It’s National Picnic Month by the way!), July 4th/Independence Day/July 1st Canada Day or Recreations/Sports
3. Lift a favourite – find one of your favourite Los by another scrapper on sb.com and lift it for this weeks challenge!
4. Use at least two photos on your LO – this is a hard one for me, I’m totally a one-photo per page-person!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

Put me on the list! I love this challenge!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Thanks Pat! Always happy to have you here!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

i'm in!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

Yay Jade! I promise not to forget to post week 4 this time, lol!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

yay!! I have been in a scrapping mood and i love how this challenge gets me motivated! And I might be getting a table to scrap on tmw! I am going to go look at it and if i like it i'm gonna get it! I have been scrapping on my coffee table which isn't that bad but I have been sitting on westin's chair which is really uncomfortable lol

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

Awesome news! I've managed to completely overwhelm my desk with so many things there isn't even room to scrap right now! I think I really need to clean it up! Yeesh.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

Yes. As soon as I'm all caught up here, my scrap desk is my project of the day. And the next day. And the day after that...

Then I might be about ready to clean it up.

I'm telling you. It's a DISASTER. I should photo it so we can all play "Where's Waldo?"

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

you should take a pic Pat so we all wont feel so bad about our space being a mess as well lol
Well I now have a scrap table so let the scrapping begin!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jadebrit

I'm in again!!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Lookin4newideas

I'm here to try again - I'm hoping my July photos will be more cooperative than my June ones were.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to dancinirish90

Lisa I know the feeling, even though I invented the challenge I'm a little frustrated that I have to look for just July pictures, lol! Sometimes I'm working on a LO and I'm like....but this picture I took in September fits wayyyy better! Hahaha. I think I have some July pics though, time to get them printed!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

I need to dig through my july pics and see if anything good is in there lol

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

I found a LO on pinterest that i like that is from sb.com but I do not know the artist, can I use that LO to scraplift?

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

• laurink Said:
Lisa I know the feeling, even though I invented the challenge I'm a little frustrated that I have to look for just July pictures, lol! Sometimes I'm working on a LO and I'm like....but this picture I took in September fits wayyyy better! Hahaha. I think I have some July pics though, time to get them printed!

Wait. We're supposed to use JULY photos?

Just kidding. I knew that. Really!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

bahahahahha

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to laurink

I will try to play along this month! I have a ton of July photos!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to senora_x

julie

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jadebrit

Slogging through July photos. I'm going to have to take my camera out this month and do some photographing, I think. Because I'm not finding much to ---

Oh wait. Never mind. I'll be back later.

sarahmacnificent
Veteran
sarahmacnificent

I'd like to give this a try

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to sarahmacnificent

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:
I found a LO on pinterest that i like that is from sb.com but I do not know the artist, can I use that LO to scraplift?

Yeah sure, thats fine Jade, just give us the link to it so we can go check it out somewhere!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Haha Pat, I had to scroll down to see the just kidding, LOL.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Welcome Senorax & sarahmacnificent!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

can do Laurin!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

I'm here from ATG

Baseball By Faithscrapper

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Faithscrapper

Great work Paula! Thanks for sharing!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to laurink

Thanks, Laurin! What will you do for the 4th? I'm guessing they won't have a fireworks fest just for you! LOL! I love July 4th!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

today I have to work for a few hours then gonna spend the rest of the day with my baby. If the weather is nice we might swim at my moms house. Happy 4th

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

Happy 4th of July! Sadly private fireworks for me are probably unlikely, first off because I'm in Germany and second off because I'm a Canadian, lol. So I had my holiday on the 1st (Canada Day) but I'm wishing all my awesome US friends an awesome 4th of July! :D:D:D Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I got photos taken today that will work for this week!

I'm pretty excited!

sarahmacnificent
Veteran
sarahmacnificent

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th! I took some picks of the kids playing with sparklers but I'm not sure how they will turn out. They were all so excited I couldn't keep them still long enough to snap one lol.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to sarahmacnificent

I did not take any fireworks photos - but I took hamburger and Model T photos.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Yay!! I did week one! I'm already ahead of last month

Red, white, & blue; July 4th; Lifted a Fave; and 2 pics (I made the flower out of a second photo):

Public enabling is not on for this one, but here's the link to the LO I lifted: *Syd*

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

Here's mine:
The Fourth of July By Senora_x

it is a lift of this one:
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3675469.h...

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to senora_x

I NEED to get a pic of mine!!!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

here is mine! Finally got a pic this morning!
hello there handsome By Jadebrit

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to jadebrit

Here is my week one (from weekly challenge on AGC)
4th of July By Teresakay

Scraplifted
{enchanting} By Kim Arledge

Edited by Teresakay on 07-12-12 02:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007

Laurin I have the week 1 entry!

Fun By Njr007

TFL

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to njr007

acu

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to jadebrit

Ready for week 2!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

me too!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jadebrit

Where IS week 2?

Not that I'm in any big hurry since I haven't done Week ONE yet, but there's time still. Of course, once Week 2 posts, I'll be just that much further BEHIND on my projects. But I'm all caught up on LOVE at least!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

I'm done with week 1 and ready for week 2! lol

laurink
Idol
laurink

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Where IS week 2?

Not that I'm in any big hurry since I haven't done Week ONE yet, but there's time still. Of course, once Week 2 posts, I'll be just that much further BEHIND on my projects. But I'm all caught up on LOVE at least!

Worst. Hostess. EVER. SORRY GUYS! As normal life has gotten too busy for me to even come to the site let alone dream of scrapping. Apologies, here's week 2 and I'm posting week 3 a couple days early because I'm going away this weekend to the UK & Scotland for 10 days and I'm not sure how much internet we'll have!

Hope everyone is well, I'm going to update the front page with all your wonderful LOs today!

After I get back from the UK I'm all done classes and finally around again, I can't wait to have some free time!! Yay! Then I promise to be a better hostess. Forgive me!

Week 2:

1. July 12th is paper bag day - let's use a piece of paper bag (or a whole one, or a paper sandwich bag, whatever!) on your LO this week!
2. We have ridiculous weather over here, 30 degrees (Celcius), then raining, then sunny and hot, then raining! Ack! Use something weather related or a picture with that good sunny weather in it!
3. Use some form of distressing
4. Use something old and something new from your stash!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Ok, so here's Week 3! To make up for the late posting of Week 2 and also to prepare for my possible loss of internet this weekend!

WEEK 3:

July 15th - July 21st

1.July 16th is the day the sewing machine was patented - so use some machine stitching on your LO! If you don't have a sewing machine, you can also hand stitch.
2. Use the colours yellow, green and white to bring in that natural summer colour palette!
3. Use at least 4 things from your stash that are more than 6 months old.
4. Include the word "summer" in your title!

Edited by laurink on 07-11-12 03:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

PS. AWESOME LOS EVERYONE!!!! I've updated the front page so we can see all of your beautiful work! I hope I have some scrap time when I get back so I can catch up to you guys!

laurink
Idol
laurink

• dancinirish90 Said:
Yay!! I did week one! I'm already ahead of last month

Red, white, & blue; July 4th; Lifted a Fave; and 2 pics (I made the flower out of a second photo):

Public enabling is not on for this one, but here's the link to the LO I lifted: *Syd*

Lisa I love your LO! The only thing I noticed was that it only has one picture and 4 on the challenge list was to use at least 2 pictures~ I've still added you to the front page but I wanted to mention it Love love love this LO though! So awesome!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Here's my Week 1!

Canadian Checklist By Laurink

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

• laurink Said:

Lisa I love your LO! The only thing I noticed was that it only has one picture and 4 on the challenge list was to use at least 2 pictures~ I've still added you to the front page but I wanted to mention it Love love love this LO though! So awesome!

Um -- she DID use two pictures. She made a flower from her second photo. ;-)

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

acu

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to jadebrit

Thanks, Pat!! Yes, Laurin, I explained in my post and in my description that I used a fireworks photo from that same day to make a flower for the LO. If that doesn't work for the challenge, I totally understand - I'm just happy that I ended up with a LO I love!

But, while we're discussing the specific requirements of the week one challenge, I notice that there are 3 entries so far that don't let us know what LO was lifted or give credit to the original artist.

Cassie and I went up to the lake in Wisconsin this past weekend, which was great, but I had no chance to get on the site here. We got home Tuesday, and then I was in Indiana all day yesterday, so I am hopelessly behind everywhere. I'm working on comments today, but then I'm hoping to start working on the rest of these challenges. I can't believe it's almost the weekend again already - this month is flying.

laurink
Idol
laurink

• dancinirish90 Said:
Thanks, Pat!! Yes, Laurin, I explained in my post and in my description that I used a fireworks photo from that same day to make a flower for the LO. If that doesn't work for the challenge, I totally understand - I'm just happy that I ended up with a LO I love!

But, while we're discussing the specific requirements of the week one challenge, I notice that there are 3 entries so far that don't let us know what LO was lifted or give credit to the original artist.

Cassie and I went up to the lake in Wisconsin this past weekend, which was great, but I had no chance to get on the site here. We got home Tuesday, and then I was in Indiana all day yesterday, so I am hopelessly behind everywhere. I'm working on comments today, but then I'm hoping to start working on the rest of these challenges. I can't believe it's almost the weekend again already - this month is flying.

Oh man I'm sorry Lisa! I didn't have time to read through all the posts, I just took a look at it in passing and thought I looked pretty hard! Lol. What a cool idea! If there's two pics there then of course it still counts! I love the LO too! Sorry for the confusion

laurink
Idol
laurink

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • laurink Said:

Um -- she DID use two pictures. She made a flower from her second photo. ;-)

Oops, didn't see that lol! Thanks Pat!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

• dancinirish90 Said:

Where in Indiana where you ...I live in Indiana :)!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:

I was in Crown Point, Merrillville, and Munster -- all northwest near Chicago. I'm from Merrillville, and now I live in the north Chicago burbs. Where are you?

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I need to catch up on love for sure but I have a question about week 2.

Paper Bag --

I need to make a paper bag album for a friend, and I was wondering if I could do that for this week instead of a layout? Or is this challenge LO specific? Either answer is ok with me, I just would like to know.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

• dancinirish90 Said:
  • Teresakay Said:

I was in Crown Point, Merrillville, and Munster -- all northwest near Chicago. I'm from Merrillville, and now I live in the north Chicago burbs. Where are you?

I am in Danville about 13 miles from Indianapolis I have only lived here a little over a year..for the first year I lived in Indianapolis in a not so good neighborhood but since Memorial day weekend I have lived in Danville and it is a much nicer neighborhood...we are planning on visiting chicago soon. Can you sugest some of the best places to visit ...we do want to go to a pizza place and get chicago style pizza ...lol.

laurink
Idol
laurink

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I need to catch up on love for sure but I have a question about week 2.

Paper Bag --

I need to make a paper bag album for a friend, and I was wondering if I could do that for this week instead of a layout? Or is this challenge LO specific? Either answer is ok with me, I just would like to know.

Hey Pat, to me the challenge is about LOs, because also at the end it's hard to vote if all the projects are different. But if you're creating a mini album (Sorry, I'm not sure what a paperbag album exactly is) then you could upload a page of the album, because wouldn't each page be a bit like a LO?

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Hey just to let you guys know I'm headed off to the UK for 10 days, I will have internet but at this point I actually have no idea where we'll be or what that internet might be like, lol. We're doing a 10 day roadtrip from Birmingham (close to London) to the middle of Scotland where my family is from, so it should be really cool!

For anyone who didn't see, I've posted Week 3 a couple days early (on page 3 of the thread) and the front page is also updated. If you have any questions, I apologize if it takes me a day to get back to you. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I'll be in touch when I can!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to laurink

Have a blast, Laurin!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Laura - turned out I was able to make it work without the mini-album idea. I found this photo from a long LONG time ago (definitely July) and had enough old eyelet title letters to make the old/new idea work.

so --

here's my Week 2.

1. Paper bag flowers
2. Sunshine weather in the photograph
3. Definitely distressed
4. Something old (the title eyelets & photograph) Something new (BoBunny Marketplace Papers)

First Ride

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

have fun Laurin. I have not started on week 2 or 3

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to jadebrit

Have fun, Laurin!!

Teresakay, I don't get down to the city much except for Blackhawks games or the occasional play or concert. Of course, it's a world class city so there are zillions of things to do if you like shopping or museums. I would say to visit Millenium Park to see the 'bean.' As far as Chicago pizza: the most famous is probably Gino's East although Uno is older, and I like it better.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Quiet around here.

Here's my Week 3 - Machine sewing; yellow, green, & white; everything is over 6 months old; summer in the title:

remember an Indiana Summer By Dancinirish90

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

acu

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to jadebrit

I did week 4
I still need to do week 2 ...lol and I can't do week 3 because I don't have any stuff to sew cause I tried it before and it didn't work very good so I sold all my stuff in a garage sale ...lol

Here is week 4 though
Fun in the sun By Teresakay

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Teresakay

hi ladies! sorry i haven't had internet until now! we drove up to northern scotland and made a huge tour, usually doing stuff from 9am until 11pm - i'm exhausted!! now we're in oxford, england and tomorrow we finally fly home which means i'll be able to catch up on comments and challenges finally! and now i have lots of amazing photos to scrap! hope everyone is well!!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

ps. beautiful layouts everyone! manu just fell asleep so i have time to check everything out and update the front page!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

here's week 4 for those who hadn't seen it i posted it on the front page just in case i couldn't get internet access on the trip lol.

WEEK 4

July 22nd - July 31st

1. Use at least one very summer themed patterned paper on your LO this week! (I have a paper with ice cream cones and also one with lemon slices, those would both qualify)
2. On July 23rd in 1904 the ice cream cone was introduced! So use some kind of summer food embellishment (it has to be an embellishment of some kind, but it can be self-made!) Examples would be a hot dog, bbq food, ice cream, popsicles, anything summer food-ish!
3. Your photo must include you or a family member (no pets or landscape pictures this week!). If you use more than one photo, the second photo can be anything - just one photo has to meet this requirement!
4. Let's see that handwritten journaling, write at least 30 words in your own handwriting about the who what when where's of this LO! It can be on the back or hidden journaling, this also works.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

glad to see you back. I haven't had much time to scrap this past week but maybe this week I will get some scrapping time in!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

okay front page is all up to date! thanks for carrying on while i was away ladies! i thought we'd have more internet but we were on the road way too much, lol!

laurink
Idol
laurink

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Laura - turned out I was able to make it work without the mini-album idea. I found this photo from a long LONG time ago (definitely July) and had enough old eyelet title letters to make the old/new idea work.

so --

here's my Week 2.

1. Paper bag flowers
2. Sunshine weather in the photograph
3. Definitely distressed
4. Something old (the title eyelets & photograph) Something new (BoBunny Marketplace Papers)

First Ride

by the way i love this pat! it's gorgeous! i was still wondering though, what's a paper bag album? i'm thinking of making a mini album for this trip we just did and i thought it might be interesting to find out!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:
glad to see you back. I haven't had much time to scrap this past week but maybe this week I will get some scrapping time in!

i'm glad to be home! yay! now i have to hit the ground running with work but i desperately need to catch up on my scrapping! i hope i can find some time

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

July, Project Life By Faithscrapper
here's week 2 for me

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

glad you had fun. Can not wait to see your fab LO's from your trip. I hope to work on some LO's tmw when Megan comes over and this challenge is def on the list of things I need to scrap so we will see how much I get done!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

jade, the trip was really special! have fun with megan!

front page up to date

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

• laurink Said:
by the way i love this pat! it's gorgeous! i was still wondering though, what's a paper bag album? i'm thinking of making a mini album for this trip we just did and i thought it might be interesting to find out!

Thanks so much! It was very fun to do, and it let me use up that paper bag paper on those flowers, so I was happy.

A paper bag album is where you take the small lunch bag paper bags, fold them in half (or not) and then bind them together with either rings, ribbon, or even a binding system. They become the "pages" for your album. The way you fold the bags, and the number of bags you use, allows you to have pockets and sleeves for tags and additional photographs.

Hold on...I've got one in my gallery. Here's the first page. The rest are in there if you want to go look. Use my "albums" tab and choose "mini books" and you should see all of it in there (except the tags which I didn't photograph).

Christmas 2010 - Paper Bag Album

I have another one I did for Java's first year, titled Diary of an Orphan Foal. It's folded differently. I'll photograph it and get it uploaded so you can see another option.

I think if you do a gallery search, using paper bag album (in quotes) as your search string, you should find a lot of others to look at.

They're kind of an old technique, but they're fun and easy, so they're still pretty popular.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

jci

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

I got week 2 done during my scraping with Megan! Need to finish it up and upload it!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

Jade hope you had a good time with Megan!

Pat that's such a cool idea, thank you for sharing! I will definitely investigate more!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

Thanks Laurin. We had a ton of fun.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

I am kind of stuck on week 4. what do you mean by summer theme pp? Does it have to have something on it like beach balls, or sand castles or Popsicle, etc? I am not finding any pp with those types of things on it, but I have some with fish and trees, but I also have some summery pp that came from summer theme collection, with stripes and polka dots that are summery. Just let me know what I can use Laurin. Thanks

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

okay so I found some pp with flip flops and some scraps that say summer lol. I'm digging though all my stash lol

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to jadebrit

I'm trying to work on week 4 also. Jade, we must have the same paper - LOL - I just found some with flipflops too. I was going to use K&Co Citronella pp's but I don't like the way they look with my pictures. I'm using photos from the County Fair, and I need something with a less bright palette. I was at Archiver's today and ended up picking up a piece of My Mind's Eye with hot air balloons on it. I think I'm going to start with that and use some WRMK Sunsplashed too. We'll see how it goes.

laurink
Idol
laurink

Hey guys that sounds like it'll fit the bill! Sorry it's a tricky one! Flip flops, flowers, ice cream cones, just some kind of summery themed pattern

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

thanks Laurin. It's not tricky I was prob over thinking it lol. I will start on my LO tonight!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to jadebrit

Here's mine for Week 4 - summer pp, summer food embellie, family member, 30+ words handwritten journaling:

Lake County Fair By Dancinirish90

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

okay forget everything I said. My sb package just came in and the paper collection is perfect for this challenge!!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

Yay awesome! Oh I miss getting sb.com orders, lol! Everything over here is a bit behind, so the stuff they have isn't nearly as cool as back in North America! I can't wait to move home eventually and be around scrappers and order from sb.com again!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

week 4:
delightful ice cream By Jadebrit
1. Use at least one very summer themed patterned paper on your LO this week! (I have a paper with ice cream cones and also one with lemon slices, those would both qualify). I used a pinwheeled pp
2. On July 23rd in 1904 the ice cream cone was introduced! So use some kind of summer food embellishment (it has to be an embellishment of some kind, but it can be self-made!) Examples would be a hot dog, bbq food, ice cream, popsicles, anything summer food-ish! Used Popsicle

week: 2
oh boy By Jadebrit
1. July 12th is paper bag day - let's use a piece of paper bag (or a whole one, or a paper sandwich bag, whatever!) on your LO this week! I punched out a scalloped circle from a paper bag. hope that works
2. We have ridiculous weather over here, 30 degrees (Celcius), then raining, then sunny and hot, then raining! Ack! Use something weather related or a picture with that good sunny weather in it! Pic with good sunny weather. Westin outside playing in his red car.
3. Use some form of distressing. inking
4. Use something old and something new from your stash! I used a button that I just got from Megan when she came over. Something old is the A Boys Life collection. I've had it over 6 months. I don't have many things much older than that since I had to start over due to my ex husband flipping the moving truck my stuff was in and it caught on fire.

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to jadebrit

The last 2 months I've posted I was going to play I didn't get my pages done until the next month. This month I got 2 of the layouts done prior to the month ending, yay! Here's Wk #1 & Wk #2

LN - 4th July 2012 By LelaScraps-n-Stamps

LN - Bless this Nest By LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Edited by LelaScraps-n-Stamps on 07-29-12 09:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to LelaScraps-n-Stamps

awesome work ladies! i'm going to update the front page asap!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to laurink

Jade those are the cutest LOs ever!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Fail - not quite EPIC, but fail just the same.

1 of 4. Not my best month.

Those darling nephew pages just did not want to cooperate with me this month, but I'll be back for the August round when you get ready to post it.

We're going to Taos for a week, so I suspect I will have some good photographs for August!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics