Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Use Your Scraps- everyone is welcome- join in any time!        (Topic#1578005)
Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Hi! the idea for this challenge was born out of a desire to help use up the scraps I've been hanging on to for a long time. Of course, i've been trying to use them here and there on lo's, but rather than watching the pile dwindle, its still growing!

This is a very simple challenge. This challenge is a challenge in itself: to use up your scraps- on every project you make- for the entire month. There's three prerequisites to this challenge:

1) use your scraps on every project you complete. The scraps don't have to be paper, they can be left over add-ons from a kit, extra sticker letters that need to be used up, bits of material from other projects...use your imagination! The project can be anything- OTP, layout, card, mini...the list goes on...
2) create a link to this page of your finished project(s), so we can admire your creativity and the work you put into your projects, and
3) leave comments on the finished masterpieces of the participants involved; in order to get love, you've got to give it first!

Last, but not least, have fun!

Participants:

1) Twinlets Mama {Alison}
2) Marcilb {Marci}
3) Nannyfeb {Barbara}
4) Scrappitydee {DaLynn}
5) Heather N
6) charcats7 (Char)
7) YourScrapAttack
8. erin reed- ekr 1432
9) grandma_sue
10) renata moni
11) Jen E
12) jaspernonyx {Kim}
13) kdinsmore
14) Mia1979

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Twinlets Mama

I wish I could do this challenge, because I love the heart of it.

Unfortunately (?) I work in a scrapbook store, and I have to feature new product on six to seven projects a month. I just can't commit to using scraps on EVERY project.

:-(

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I am in...

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Yay welcome back Marci!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

I'm just wondering- should this just remain an on going challenge, without posting every month, or keep it as is? Your input would be great!

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb

I'm in

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb
In response to Nannyfeb

Scraps------ All of the letters
Celebrate the RED_WHITE & BLUE By Nannyfeb

Heather N
Expert
Heather N
In response to Nannyfeb

I am in.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

I am not sure what you mean Ali....

Scraps Used:....PP paper for the fan border, ribbon out of scraps ribbon jar for small pieces

just like an apple By Marcilb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Scraps used: white journaling and white for cricut cut for chair and red paper for the cricut cut banner...

H2O Boy By Marcilb

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to MarciLB

Definitely in!

You are on a roll lately Marci!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to scrappitydee

Every page? wow - now that's a challenge!
Good luck ladies. I've already made a layout this month without a scrap on it so I'm out but I love the heart of the challenge

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to AllAmy

Amy- that doesn't matter! Jump on in whenever you want!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps Used:...blue paper for lower left banner, used the end of a sheet of bling...a few remaining...

Coming soon! By Marcilb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Scraps Used:black paper used to cut flourishes Yellow circle for year...

Charming Children By Marcilb

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

of course I'm in - I always try to use at least 1 scrap on every page

CO was a good trip- sad- but good. My FIL doesn't have much time left I think. I am expecting our next trip to be the funeral. Cancer is evil.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Oh Char, I'm so sorry! Is he in much pain?

Glad to see you back!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

doo

one By Twinlets Mama

Scraps--red card stock, the butterflies (were cut for another project, just not used on it!!), journalling spot, and pp underneath the journalling spot. Oh, and also the yellow journalling strips

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb

This was a card challenge for scrappy patch
Everything is scraps except the 2 flowers and the white card stock Happy Birthday to You By Nannyfeb

Edited by Nannyfeb on 07-03-12 12:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Twinlets Mama Said:
Oh Char, I'm so sorry! Is he in much pain?

Glad to see you back!!

Yes- he is in pain- they went to a Dr appt on Friday- doc said he could now feel the cancer when pressing slightly on his abdomen. Dr asked if he wanted quality or quantity- my FIL chose quality & so they cut his chemo in half. It's only been a couple months since they detected it- they wouldn't give an estimate of time- this cancer is rare- they just don't know. But I think he feels he's lost this battle. He spent most of our visit over 5 days sleeping. The longest he was up at any one time was an hour I think. He's an amazing man & has conquered so much over his 81 years. He joined the Marines at 16- turned 17 while deployed to China. Joined the Army after that and deployed to Korea as an infantry scout- he was 1 out of 200 of an original 1000 men in the BN he went with. After that he joined the Air Force. He's fought several serious illnesses, several heart surgeries, and now this. On Saturday after a BBQ where all my DH's siblings & their families came- as they were leaving, my FIL turned to my DH and in a low voice said "take care of your mother" and then went and laid down. He'd always told my DH he should be an officer- well he knows Cary made Warrant & even tho he didn't say it- I know he's proud of him. The only one of his 4 kids to go into the Military. And even tho we are out of state- we are the most capable to help out when they need us. Crazy. Maybe it's a good thing I'm an only child as I can't stand my DH's sisters. I hate dealing with them & their petty quarrels between them.

Anyway- enough of that- this Saturday is SCRAP Day at my house & I'm planning on getting some scrapping of scraps done!!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

He sounds like a brave, incredible man! Wishing all the best for him and for your family. {{hugs!!}}

I understand the drama bit. Hate it. Could definitely live without it!!

Enjoy your scrappy day on Saturday! Sounds like it'll be a riot

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

SCRAP Day is always fun & me & my group look forward to it each month. It's create time & girl time all in one. I'm usually exhausted at the end of the day- but in a most satisfying way. Definitely therapy.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Ahh yup, DEFINITELY therapy!! I like the retail kind, too. It kinda helps

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

doo

Quiet Moments By Twinlets Mama

scraps on this one include the yellow banner with the sticker on it, the blue gingham pp, the hot pink card stock, and the light pink card stock (matted under the photo)

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb

Scraps used-----White lettering and photo mats all the embellies and the arrows
Sun Kissed "B" By Nannyfeb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Nannyfeb

Scraps were used for all decorative edge strips and "family" circle.

You are not alone By Marcilb

Scraps used for all circles...

Again? By Marcilb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Scraps used: White circle photo mat...square pice of Christmas paper under photo...

Cocoa Claus By Marcilb

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to MarciLB

DOO

Everything is scraps except the paper flower which I received recently in my first swap here! Based on a sketch challenge.

Wait.. now I forgot how to do it...

Okay got it! Gr.

mud By Scrappitydee

Edited by scrappitydee on 07-06-12 05:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

hey char how is your scrap day going? hope you're having fun!

I took the girls out to our 'old' stomping grounds this morning. when we moved to whitecourt, we lived in a campground for the first six months. they have a petting zoo there and a small playground. i thought that it would be fun for them to check out the animals again...instead, they were more interested in the playground. Go figure. lol

They did have some fun feeding the donkey though, so i guess it wasn't a totally wasted trip. possibly this afternoon, they'll be making a trip to the spray park, so its going to be a busy one for us! gotta soak up the gorgeous, hot weather before the nasty stuff strikes again

just about to scrap myself- jci!!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

me me me

everything was scraps. my bg paper had a big cirle i cut out for another project. i hid it behind the square,

here ducky ducky By YourScrapAttack

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to YourScrapAttack

doo!

I Can! By Twinlets Mama

the pink and green punched pp is a scrap, as well as the pink journalling spot

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

everything is scraps except the white base of each tag

tags for scrap sister swap By Charcats7

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

BTW- scrap day was AWESOME!!! I got those tags done and cleaned up my work area- today I finished some cards for a swap & used all scraps except for the card base:

red-white-blue card for swap By Charcats7

I used my Cuttlebug on the red & blue pieces then sanded them to bring out the white core of the paper- I so love CTMH paper because you can do that sort of technique easily. I stamped the saying and then added a glitter star to finish it off.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Scraps Used: white , yellow and green papers...

Love Corn By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Acu and jci

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps used: all PP strips, and doily on left is a piece of a large one that I keeping taking pieces off of!

Marci 5 Weeks By Marcilb

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

ACU

I'll have a several to post when I get internet back at home- it's been raining and satellite does not work in the rain, BUT I am not complaining about the rain as we desperately NEED it.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

yay for rain!! i'm hoping we get some today. the weather forecaster is predicting it. if it does come, hopefully it cools things off a bit (mostly my house...)

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps used....papers for the pinwheels...

Happiness is...YOU By Marcilb

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

Here's 2 LOs I finished last night- the strips on the first one are scraps & the banner flags and circle are scraps:

Carl - DS Sept 1991 By Charcats7

Carl - DS Sept 1991 By Charcats7

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

doo

frozen yogurt By Twinlets Mama

the cardboard, cream, orange, brown and pps for the hearts are all from scraps

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Been awful quiet in here lately... where is everyone?

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to charcats7

here is one for me - only non scrap is the cardstock.

Cute **Momenta** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to charcats7

another for me - all scraps

Love By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Erin Reed -

I don't know if I shared the news or not, but I made the design team over at Lets Capture These Sketches! EEK! Reveal day was on the 6th- you should go check it out. The next reveal day is going to be the 13th (for Team B- which I am on). Keep your eyes peeled for it!

Char- I don't know where everyone is! I'm just assuming its because its summer and its hot and everyone is busy with other things

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

It has been raining here - YAY - but at the same time boo as my internet goes out at home when it rains- but that's okay as I scrap then

Here's a couple pages I just finished everything but the bg pp is scrap

DS Sept 1991 By Charcats7

DS Sept 1991 By Charcats7

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Scraps...white paper for matting...I used to scrap with tons of white paper so I have a lot of white cr-p--I mean scrap!!!lol

Vanderbilt Estate By Marcilb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Scraps used...all of the pattern papers were in my patterned scrap box...

25.8 Lost... By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

hey everyone, have a great evening. I might be around for a bit tonight to play. we'll see. we're off in the morning to check out monster jam- the kids are hanging out with their grandparents for the weekend. I've got monday all to myself- YAY!!! They'll be home late Monday afternoon or early evening.

I have a funny story to share: Maren was sitting in daddy's lap and she told him: I love you...sometimes

crack.me.up! I'm sure she didn't mean for it to come out like that, but how funny. we both had a good chuckle over that one

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

kids perspective is so funny- sometimes is the reality- we don't always feel that way and they are brutally honest- when they are 8 or so- then they will start developing a broader perspective. Then when they're 12 they'll know more than you do LOL See what you have to look forward to?

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Here's 2 more LOs:

scraps are the letters- Charge!

Stand up, Get ready... CHARGE! By Charcats7

The only scraps here is the white backings behind the words:
My Daddy - My Hero (1991) By Charcats7

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Scraps Used: all of the darker blue paper is from scraps...

It's my mom's birthday! By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Hi everyone! ANother weekend has just flown by! What did you do?

I dropped the kids off to their grandparents', watched Ted (ahem), washed the Yukon (inside and out- and vacuumed it...PHEW!!), watched the monster trucks, watched a jet car burn another car to the ground, then race down the quarter mile drag strip, lived through an incredible thunderstorm, went for brunch with my sister, BIL, dh and mom and dad for my sisters' 30th birthday, and am now drowning here in whitecourt. We've gotten 3 inches of rain since last night (other parts of town apparently have 4).

I think I'll be canoeing if I need to leave town anytime soon! lol

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Rain is good Ali, but sometimes comes too much at once. We haven't had that problem yet- the clouds are in cells and pass over too quickly- giving rain sporadically all over TN & KY - still I pray we get more as the creeks are barely trickling still....

Will have another page ready tonight (I hope)- working on the right side to the LO - have to finish the title and a few other details & I'll photo both & post. I say I hope as I'm on a new med & it is kicking my butt. I take it at dinner, and it doesn't make me drowsy then- but I could hardly get up this morning & have been fighting sleep & a headache all day. Had to take one of my migraine meds too. My brain has not been engaged to do work either- so I've been surfing here on SB.com...

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Char, this is just for you: break it out whenever you need it:

I can't brain today. I have to dumb

LOL

Enjoy!!

(ANd I hope you start feeling better soon!)

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Thanks Ali - I went back to the original starter dose & feel better today. Either I'm not ready to up it or it is just too much doubled period. Either way it will be awhile before I venture it again (if at all as I would rather NOT take any of it). Pain is evil & it makes us try things to make it stop that otherwise our better sense would say "are you nuts?" However- pain has unplugged our better sense so it can't interfere.

Anyway- since I'm feeling more human now- I hope to be feeling the same when I get home so I can finish my other page I'd rather be there scrapping right now & just might would have if I had the leave hours

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Scraps used...all paper for the card...after taking the pic I see I have to work on blending...have only done this a few times!

It's Your day! By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

doo

the scraps here are the bright floral pp, the blue pp the title work is made from, and the yellow strips of card stock

Utter Determination By Twinlets Mama

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Here's another LO- this is ALL scraps- the matts behind the photos are mostly strips on the edge-

Thanksgiving in CA (Nov 1991) By Charcats7

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

I'm glad you're feeling more yourself now Char!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps used...white paper for matting photos....sheet for title....

Big Boy Bed By Marcilb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Scraps used: the blue, black and white papers...used scrap paper in the gadget that makes the acrylic buttons too!

reading room By Marcilb

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I'm doing better today- mostly because I decided that after a week- I am NOT taking any more of that L-y-r-i-c-a stuff. I had headaches- as in migraines every day- all day for the past week. I have a bit of a headache now, but that's a lot from the storm rolling in I think- for which I may lose internet soon (rumble rumble). I have just a couple pages left to do of my 1991 family album- the END is in site- I'll be working on it this weekend as my DH leaves for Ft Gordon Saturday morning & my DS is at annual training till the 30th- so I'll be all by myself- TIME TO SCRAP!!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Hope you feel better Char...my DH couldnt take the med either...he got the blurred vision...

Scraps used:ALL paper except BG paper!

Beach hat By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

doo:

BIG By Twinlets Mama

the strip of grey card stock, as well as all the beige pieces (along with the ties) are all scraps

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I'm doing better today- mostly because I decided that after a week- I am NOT taking any more of that L-y-r-i-c-a stuff. I had headaches- as in migraines every day- all day for the past week. I have a bit of a headache now, but that's a lot from the storm rolling in I think- for which I may lose internet soon (rumble rumble). I have just a couple pages left to do of my 1991 family album- the END is in site- I'll be working on it this weekend as my DH leaves for Ft Gordon Saturday morning & my DS is at annual training till the 30th- so I'll be all by myself- TIME TO SCRAP!!!

Enjoy your time to yourself! It goes all too quickly sometimes

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

It does & it doesn't for me. You might think after 22 years we would welcome the breaks, but no. I miss him already and he hasn't left yet.

Wicked storm we had last night. I was on here to catch up- had Marci's latest coming up so I could look at them and all & the internet went out. Then power flashed. We had light flashes, thunder rumbles and lots of wind with some rain pouring at times for most of the night. My younger dog, Zoe- kept waking me up- I know she wanted to crawl into bed with me- but I am not going to encourage her fearful behavior (not that she is EVER allowed in my bed anyway)- but I've learned when you console a dog, you are reinforcing the behavior and reaction. I don't want a fearful dog, so spoke to her calmly and had her lay down- she chose right beside the bed instead of her normal place & she even ducked into our walk-in closet for awhile too- but overall she did okay. Between Zoe and the storm- I kept waking up- but I'm not feeling bad or really tired- so I must have slept good in between.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Twinlets Mama Said:
doo:

BIG By Twinlets Mama

the strip of grey card stock, as well as all the beige pieces (along with the ties) are all scraps

Good thing he didn't get stuck or you would have been relating the story of how the fire department came to get him out....

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

Scraps Used: PP strips and white strips for the beach words...

Greetings from...Atlantic CIty By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

doo:

Swinging! By Twinlets Mama

The yellow bits of paper is actually packaging that I up cycled, and the hearts and circle punches are also scraps

Edited by Twinlets Mama on 07-20-12 02:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps Used: the large piece of PP on the right...all of the paper used to die cut and the denim piece with the border punch...

Seashore Play... By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

one more to share tonight:

walk with me By Twinlets Mama

everything here is scraps except for the black cs

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
  • Twinlets Mama Said:
doo:

BIG By Twinlets Mama

Good thing he didn't get stuck or you would have been relating the story of how the fire department came to get him out....

bahaha I know!!! That's what makes this so funny!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

acu and jci

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

You 2 have been busy- I need to get my move on

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb

scraps----strips of pp down side & under photos and the pin wheel
Little Mr. NO!!! By Nannyfeb

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Nannyfeb

Scraps used: all white mat and journal strip and black mat under velum saying

2nd Grandson born today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Boy!!!!!.......... (born today!) By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

doo

Free By Twinlets Mama

The pink and yellow card stock are scraps

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps used...all of the paper strips...

Talan is Born By Marcilb

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

doo

all the papers here are scraps, except the beige card stock bg

dream By Twinlets Mama

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

everything is scraps but the bg pp

4 Generations (Nov 1991) By Charcats7

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Here's another- everything but the bg are scraps

Family Visit to CA (Nov 1991) By Charcats7

Edited by charcats7 on 07-23-12 05:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Thought I'd share a picture of what my gf & I did on Sunday- made a cat tree- well, my DH & I made the structure a couple weeks ago, Sunday my gf & I stapled carpet & sisal as well as upholstering the top level. It may not be as pretty as store bought (don't look at the underneath of the levels as there is where that shows- lol) but it is MUCH sturdier than from the store. It is all from scraps- so I figured it fit here

Cat Tree By Rel002

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Hey guys, well the severe weather has finally hit! we are under another rainfall warning- another 100 mm over the next few days; my home city and towns south of it (where the rest of our extended family lives) were all under tornado warnings around the dinner hour tonight. I am not sure if any tornados were produced, but its been a wicked evening so far!

Here, its rumbled off and on all day long, and is supposed to continue through the night and tomorrow. I'm not sure i'll get much sleep tonight- Kyle thinks I should sleep in the basement lol. Then I won't see the lightning or hear the thunder. problem is, i won't hear the kids, either, if they wake up. he sleeps through everything. Ha!

Speaking of, its time to get the kiddo's to bed. ttfn

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Hope all is okay today Ali - rain is one thing- tornadoes another.

grandma_sue
Angel
grandma_sue
In response to charcats7

Here's mine: The Flourishy paper in the corner was an awesome scrap I've been hoolding on to. The butterfly was cut from a scrap, the flowers are left over from another project and the white cardstock (journaling) was a scrap. BUT.... I have tons more...!
Hide & Seek By Grandma_sue

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to grandma_sue

• grandma_sue Said:
Here's mine: The Flourishy paper in the corner was an awesome scrap I've been hoolding on to. The butterfly was cut from a scrap, the flowers are left over from another project and the white cardstock (journaling) was a scrap. BUT.... I have tons more...!
Hide & Seek By Grandma_sue

welcome! i'll add you to the list! tell your friends about us

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
Hope all is okay today Ali - rain is one thing- tornadoes another.

hey Char, fortunately I haven't heard from anyone, so I'm positive nothing disastrous has happened in any of the areas our family lives. no news is good news I'm still tuning into the news tonight to find out for sure...

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Scraps used...all of the papers for the circles...

Legacy Weekend By Marcilb

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb

scraps used---whitepicture mats& phrase at bottom
Brothers-----1st page By Nannyfeb

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb

scraps used-strips down side - rick a rack blue for coach and border under Brother
Brothers--- this is the 2nd page to the LO By Nannyfeb

Nannyfeb
Idol
Nannyfeb

scraps used-mats for photos and strip at bottom
I'm a Boy By Nannyfeb
scraps used-blue for coachs and strips at top -bonnett for baby head
Brothers-----1st page By Nannyfeb
scraps used---rick a rack blue for coach and strips down side
Brothers--- this is the 2nd page to the LO By Nannyfeb

Renata Moni
Expert
Renata Moni

My entry:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

TFL!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Renata Moni

JCI- we'll have SCRAP Day (a bonus for July) this Saturday- so I'll be scrapping on Saturday. I got my 1991 album done, so now to work on something else- I have got to get some current things done- need to have some photos printed of my DHs grad from WOCS in May- surprise him with getting those done- I think that would mean a lot to him. He's at Ft Gordon now- till Sept. He rescheduled the 2nd phase so we'll be able to visit CO during Thanksgiving. I'm not expecting his dad to last much longer than that. He wants to see all his grand kids- we are planning them to be there then- so we shall see.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Char--hang in there!!

Well, its finally happened. parts of town were evacuated due to flooding. We aren't too sure yet about where we stand--we aren't far from either of the rivers as well. But, for now, the RC's (Police) have blockaded the road down to the river and are keeping a close eye on it. Eek! I guess thats one of the risks you take living 'down' town- our town is spread across a ridge, and down into a valley. So if you live on the hill, you're referred to as 'up town', but if you live in the valley, its 'down' town. We live in the valley (100 year flood plain). And so far, no flooding in the house, either. Everything appears to be fine!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

hi everyone. doo:

...the sky so high... By Twinlets Mama

everything here is scraps, except the white card stock everything is matted on (and the pic, of course). even the embellies are scraps! they were going to go on another project, but wound up on this one, instead!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

wow Ali- that's scary- hope all goes well. We live on a hill- so if it floods here, call Noah

Stayed home today- migraine- slept till 1:30pm yet feel as if I was up all night. Migraines are evil. Tomorrow is SCRAP Day (an extra for this month) and I hope I'm back up to par for it- I have things I wanted to work on this evening too.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

doo

cherish By Twinlets Mama

Umm, all the papers here are scraps- even the die cut the photo is matted on, except for the red card stock

Char--I learned this morning that another neighbourhood in town is on 'stand by'. a major highway runs through town, and this neighbourhood is on the other side of that where the campground (really, another neighbourhood) was evacuated. They are right on both rivers. We are still good where we are!

I call the campground a neighbourhood because a lot of the oil guys live there- the campground is full year round. Its where we lived for the first 6 months when we moved back to Alberta!

Heather N
Expert
Heather N

JCI...I am not dead...just been pretty busy.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Heather N

• Heather N Said:
JCI...I am not dead...just been pretty busy.

I've been thinking about you--glad you checked in! Are you gearing up to start teaching in the fall? Have you gotten a job?

Everyone else- I think I'm just going to keep this challenge open- as in, there won't be a sign up for August. We'll just continue on as is! Therefore, let your friends know about us- the more, the merrier!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics