Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: July New Layouts        (Topic#1578049)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Mel - glad you checked in!! So sorry to hear that you are still not well.

Dropping off:

With Deepest Sympathy By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Mel we are so glad to hear from you....Do GET WELL QUICKLY!!!!

Terry happy birthday to your dh. Did you buy him a gift?

Donna glad your son is having a good time with the relatives. I too, wondered if 'love was in the air' when you mentioned the girl next door.

Took the 3 oldest grandkids to see Brave. They liked it. I liked that the main character didn't have to have a price charming. It is really about a mother/daughter conflict.

Take care everyone. Hoping for rain here.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Finally got myself in gear and my nails are painted, eyebrows are waxed and waiting for time to be up to rinse my hair from coloring it. Yippee, I finally got out of my funk!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

I made 2 duplicates of the sympathy card I posted for other family members. Now, I think I will go read until bedtime. See everyone tomorrow evening when I get home from work.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

MEL!! I'm so sorry you've been sick! We were wondering how you were! I hope you are up and around soon...take care of yourself!

Terry, No fires near us...the closest were about 30 minutes from here.. and today there is one about 2 hours north of us.. I get worried when it's hot (which it has been) and windy!

Cathe, I'll pm my number to you asap.

Donna, I've had friends of friends of friends asking me to friend them on facebook.. Ummm, I'm sorry, but I don't know you at all! I only have about 60 friends...and most are family and co-workers. Oh, and sorry about your plants! Mine were gorgeous right after I purchased them...now they're not so gorgeous...could be the 100 degree heat we've had this week!

Mandi, sounds like you recuperate from one birthday and then plan for the next one!!

Denise, sorry to hear about your son and DIL...so sad that they just bought new furniture!

Stacey, you are just whipping out those layouts! you definitely have your mojo goin' on! Can I borrow a bit of it? I just finished my 2nd of the month!....

Tomorrow I'm getting my nails done and then dh and I are going to my boss's house for a bar b que...

Hope everyone has a great weekend..

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Scrapkaty

The kids got moved back into their apt. Car isn;t finished yet.

Saquaro National Park Arizona By Rockmom

Salt River Canyon Arizona By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 07-13-12 09:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

Cheryl, I did the timeline thing for Facebook. I got my pictures loaded to it and resized. I can't figure out how to add the background. Would you please explain that to me. I hate being so dumb about photoshop! Thanks in advance.

DOO.....

Celebrate America By Anna C

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Ann love the Celebrate America LO. The small town that our son and family lives by (where the kids go to school) has a tractor parade every year. They aren't forgetting their farming roots. Your LO was perfect.

Denise - enjoyed your LOs too.

Hope to scrap today and clean a bit.

Will have two grandkids overnight so mom and dad can go to a wedding reception.

Have a great day.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Sorry Denise..had the right person in my head....just another #$%^&*() senior moment.
I get so confused..lol.

Mel..you're up and around!!..hooray..get all better quick!

Everyone have a great weekend! I am working on a layout so bye for now.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to dollscrap

DOO...finally! Did another layout!!
Life is just ducky By Scrapkaty

Another one of our youngest dd...not only does she have bee hives, but a dozen ducks as well...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Scrapkaty

3rd Birthday By Scrappin 2

here is one of Grandson's 3rd birthday, there is another one in my gallery.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Here's one I did with my Swirlydoos kit and some pics from last week when Vicki and I took BART over to San Francisco for the day..it was a beautiful day and we shopped and had lunch at her favorite cafe...(she's texting in the close up) I just LOVE people watching and enjoyed sitting in the mall there watching and listening..tourist season in the city...heard about half a dozen or more languages spoken as I sat there eavesdropping..er...I mean watching.
Let's Shop By Dollscrap

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Yeah, we've heard from Mel!

Cathe, it took me all week to do that layout. I struggled with it and it looks nothing like how I had it planned out in my head. But I am pleased with how it turned out. Thanks!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - Did you use a template? I used one from Florabella and I just had to add what I wanted to each layer already made for me. After that I added all the others little fun elements I wanted.

I see you all have been busy while I was at work today. I am ACU with love. See you again tomorrow evening!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, yes I used a template from Florabella. I got it all figured out. Paint the Moon has some free templates too if you are interested.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning! D20....TFL!

United We Stand****FUNTOOLAS**** By Anna C

BABE...My Heart Belongs to You****FUNTOOLAS**** By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 07-15-12 06:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Anna C

Hello! Just poppin in to say hiya

Jeannie – I had to chuckle when I saw your post. I do that ALL the time! Love this “growing old” thing. I’m hoping the romance doesn’t bloom…this son isn’t allowed to move outside of a 25 mile radius lol. He is having a blast...loving the public transportation. Hes on his way right now to the Staten Island Mall with Lucia. You gotta take 3 buses to get there. Down here he has to depend on us driving him everywhere...in Brooklyn he can hop on a bus. Oh how I miss public transportation

Speaking of funnies…the autocorrect on my new phone was driving me NUTZ. I sent a text to my older son Friday reminding him it was my mom’s birthday. I thought I said “you may want to give her a jingle” He texted me back a few hours later asking my why he should give her a jungle..and how he would go about doing that LOL I finally figured out how to shut that feature off

Glad to see Mel popped in

Happy belated birthday to Terry's DH!

How was the bar-b-que Katy?

Anna-did you figure out how to change the background on Facebook? Are you talking about the Timeline background? If so then if you hover on the top right side...a thing will pop up that says "change cover" From there you can upload a photo or use one from your albums. Let me know if you need more help

Well...the house is empty and I am off to scrap! Have a great day everyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Donna, I figured out the Timeline thing. I was trying to use the link Cheryl gave us and couldn't get the bg to change but I did figure it out. Thanks!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Good Sunday morning! Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday...hope you're all feeling good and it's not too hot or cold.

Donna..glad your son is having a ball. My nephew lives in Queens after having lived in SF for several years...a real city boy....totally at ease with and loves public transportation...doesn't even have a car...unheard of here in the burbs for a young man. Love your autocorrect story. There is a website called damnyouautocorrect but I just checked it out and most of them are really nasty....BAD autocorrect...still funny though...although some of them have to be made-up.

Roni's Teacake shop is closing 3 stores, one of which is hers..so as of the 26th she will be out of a job...looking for another..hopefully closer so she won't have to take BART...she HATES public transportation.

I entered too many challenges. dummy me.

Beautiful sunny day...may just go sit outside and continue reading..on the sequel now, called Shadow of Night...gotta go see what's happening back in 1590 to my witch and vampire.

BBL

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Aww sorry the shop is closing Jeannie. Good luck to Roni finding her job closer to home.

LOL, Donna, give her a jungle! Just what everyone needs.

Anna, those LOs are wow!

Hiya to the rest of y'all.

Still raining here in Texas. Wow what a difference a year makes.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

This whole thing really happened..

I all of a sudden remembered a few bills I need to pay so I got them out and started writing checks (still do that) and thought..mm what's the date...well for some odd reason I'd taken the calendar out of my checkbook and already threw out the newspaper that would have the date so I headed on out to the kitchen to check the wall calendar....there was my layout on the table so I shoved things around on it and headed back out to the living room and there was something funny on the tv so I stood there and laughed a bit...then saw all these bills on the couch and so sat down and started going through them and THEN remembered I need to know the date...soooo
I went back out to the kitchen and saw the cupcakes Roni brought home so I started picking at one and saw the dishes in the sink and rinsed them out and headed back out to the living room to see what was so funny on the tv...and then...oh yeah..bills...oh yeah the date...back out to the kitchen and wandered over to the clock and saw the time is 5 and then wondered what the hell do I care what time it is...then remembered it was the date I needed not the time...so I looked at the calendar and then realized it's still on June so I mumbled about it being halfway through the month and something about having to do EVERYTHING and turned it to July and thought how cute (Mary Engelbreit calendars are so cute) and then went back out into the living room and realized I didn't really LOOK at the date....so one final time back out to the kitchen....and yay I looked and remembered it's the 15th...and then stood there trying to remember why I need to know that...tch.
checks are in the mail

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dollscrap

LOL! So...what date is it?

That sounds so much like me....I get sidetracked very easily...then forget what my original intent was lol

Has anyone see my mojo? I tried to scrap...printed some pics. For the life of me I could not concentrate and get into it. I gave up, went downstairs to have lunch and watch a movie. Had the urge to scrap again...then nothing. I finally gave up and flipped thru the gazillion books on my iPad...nothing really holding my interest. Gonna watch something when hubby comes downstairs. Maybe have some peach-mango-passion fruit sherbet

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Jeannie- your account of your trying to find out the date was hilarious. I've done that more than I want to admit.

Donna if I find your mojo I'll send it your way. I make LOs for a great niece as a Christmas gift. She says she likes them and wants more. She had 3 girls. But it is so hard to make a lo when you don't have the pictures! I tried to make a summer lo today for her, but didn't get anywhere.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Anna - I saw that you figured out the background. Sorry, it is hard to get back to answer when I am working the weekend.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Happy Monday!

No problem Cheryl. I was making it harder than it really was.

Jeannie, today is MONDAY, JULY 16!!! No need to make a trip to the kitchen to look at the calendar! Same thing happens to me all the time too!

Thanks Denise and Cathe!

Mel, hoping you are feeling better!

Hi Stacey, Terry, Katy and everybody eles here!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Just a Note****FUNTOOLAS**** By Anna C

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! Priscilla and I decided to go to IHop for breakfast and stop by the store to get some steaks to grill for supper. I really need to do some house work and hopefully scrapping later.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Morning.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

DOO

Chiricahua National Monument By Rockmom

its a bit washed out due to poor light...

here's another:
ARIZONA: The Grand Canyon State By Rockmom

Edited by rockmom on 07-16-12 10:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU2H

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Where is everyone????

Cheryl- I went out to breakfast too. I went with my bff Carole. the other 4 gals...we all taught together. I got some title of books that they thought were good.

It is nice Anna and Denise got some scrappy things done. Maybe I'll get to tomorrow. I do need to clean a bit.

Hi to all.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to cdjohnson

Afternoon ladies

Been a crazy few days, went out of town to visit the inlaws friday night and it went downhill.

Henry started having spasms/pain in his lower gut & peed blood, just a tiny bit and freaked out making me freak out. So off to the walk in clinic Saturday morning. No strep and no something else (? bad momma) urine sent off to get cultured. Should hear something tomorrow hopefully. If that comes back clear, the pedi is sending us off for an ultrasound to check for stones. Dh & his side of the family has a big history with kidney issues.

We spent Saturday & sunday "pampering" the poor boy, he's acted like he was passing a stone. Today, no pain or spasms...hrrrmm.

Off to read pg 10 forwards & check the gallery.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to carbphrek

Stacey - Kidney stones are HORRIBLE!! Glad to hear he is feeling better today. Usually once they pass the stone/stones they feel a lot better.

Just finished supper. I grilled New York Strip steaks, baked potatoes on the grill and grilled peaches for dessert.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
This whole thing really happened..

I all of a sudden remembered a few bills I need to pay so I got them out and started writing checks (still do that) and thought..mm what's the date...well for some odd reason I'd taken the calendar out of my checkbook and already threw out the newspaper that would have the date so I headed on out to the kitchen to check the wall calendar....there was my layout on the table so I shoved things around on it and headed back out to the living room and there was something funny on the tv so I stood there and laughed a bit...then saw all these bills on the couch and so sat down and started going through them and THEN remembered I need to know the date...soooo
I went back out to the kitchen and saw the cupcakes Roni brought home so I started picking at one and saw the dishes in the sink and rinsed them out and headed back out to the living room to see what was so funny on the tv...and then...oh yeah..bills...oh yeah the date...back out to the kitchen and wandered over to the clock and saw the time is 5 and then wondered what the hell do I care what time it is...then remembered it was the date I needed not the time...so I looked at the calendar and then realized it's still on June so I mumbled about it being halfway through the month and something about having to do EVERYTHING and turned it to July and thought how cute (Mary Engelbreit calendars are so cute) and then went back out into the living room and realized I didn't really LOOK at the date....so one final time back out to the kitchen....and yay I looked and remembered it's the 15th...and then stood there trying to remember why I need to know that...tch.
checks are in the mail

BWA HAHAHAHA!!! LMAO!!!! You made my day.... I know I am NOT alone!!!!!!!!!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Jojo Noons

Hi all!!!! Have missed everybody!!! Mel, youg et better!!! That;s an order!!! seriously I hope this is over for you soon!

Speaking of Facebook, I created a page for the campground. Its...Connolly Cabins And Campground LLC...you'll get a feel of how crazy it's been here... Now we're in the 90's for the last 4 days and high muggy eighty's since the beginning of the month...
Fighting Hannah for time on the computer too...Now I got to go...will talk soon!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Glad y'all had a good laugh at my senior moment...I have many of those.
Hi Jojo!! hope you enjoy being so busy!!
Hi everyone.
It is so freakin' windy here....why or why can't it stay nice longer than 1 or 2 days??
Thanks Anna..I'll remember the date now for a couple more days and then forget again...one of the perks (?) of being retired.
Here's my 2 day layout which I like much better than my previous 3 day layout. I did it for a Swirlydoos challenge...but it doesn't fit a challenge here and I entered about 10 of them...at the beginning of the month I was thinking I could do more than 1 lo in three days lol.
Serene By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off:

Life is about finding yourself By Cdjohnson

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Hi all! Had a great weekend... Saturday dh and I went to a bar b q at my boss's house..I know he really wasn't into it since he is kinda shy... so I went with him to a concert yesterday that he really wanted to go to....It was a blue grass/rock band (called "The String Cheese Incident)that kept everyone on their feet for 4 hours...from ages 6 months (ok, so they had assistance from their parents) to 70 years (a few in their wheelchair/walkers)!! 2 of our 3 dd's met us there... we had a blast...and the music was foot stomping, hip shaking, head nodding, arm raisin'...good. I reallly didn't expect to have such a good time!
Jeannie...I've been in that "predicament" several times! Sometimes I'll forget what I came into a room for, so I go back to where I was to "remember"...only, I seem to find something to distract me in there leading me to some other forgetful journey through out the house...

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapkaty

BBL2CU.

Birthday Card****FUNTOOLAS*** By Anna C

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! My daughter's car was running funny yesterday so we took it to Paducah Ford to get it put on the machine today to see what might be wrong. While we were dropping the car off, we stopped for double mocha cappucinos. Yummy!!

Jody - I LOVE your website and glad you got a chance to pop in!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Jo! Glad you stopped by. I liked your facebook page! Loved the photo of the animals all sprawled out on the couch!

Stacey, hope ds is feeling better today!

Cheryl, hope dd's car isn't too sick!

Hello to everyone else here.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - Her car just totally shut down Sunday at a stoplight at the mall. We had to have it towed. Apparently, a device I bought her for Christmas that lets you put your Ipod on it and plays your music through your radio runs down the battery if you leave it plugged in when the car is off. I did not know this. It started fine the next day. I hope it is nothing more than maybe her tires need rotating.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Gals!!!! Thanks for checking out my FB page...it's friendlier to use than my website... still learning how to change out photo galleries, so I tend to fall back on FB...

Tropical, stormy, rainy day today. I'm allowing myself a good hour, maybe two of goofing off and getting in here to check in on everyone. I've been running around the property taking pictures of everything WET! HAHAHA!!! we've been in a drought, with hot muggy days...so the rain and thunderstorms are quite welcomed!!!
My garden has suffered...not much growth even though I've been watering with miracle grow at least once a week. I have one jalopeno pepper and four tomatoes starting...I have to laugh...if these tomatoes have any size to them they will topple the plant...I will take pictures... Lord they should be triple the size they are....OH WELL! Next year I'm having the farmer down the road dump me a pile of the good stuff to add to the soil...and to make some compost tea! He dumps huge piles in the field across the street to clear out his barn....I'm sure he wouldn't mind dumping some here. Yes he leaves the piles and in the fall he spreads it over his fields....
How is everyone???
OH!!!
I have entered myself into an artisian show this August. A woman who owns "Trailside Lodge" and property behind us is a wonderful lady and paints beautifully!!! She has inspired me to get at least one piece done so it can go into her gallery!!! I'm SO excited...now to do this....it's already July 17th...UGHHH! HAHAHA!!! I love a challenge!!! But she also has looked over some of my scrapbooking and she is in love with my "Titanic Perpetual Cookiesheet Calendar". She wants me to "promote" that at the Art Show too...seeing I won't part with it. Then she wants my crocheted Christmas stockings too...she was kind and suggested I add some little bells, or beading to dress them up a bit. She thinks they will sell like hot cakes....SO>>>> here I go!!!

We have gotten an ice machine and Coke vending machine on the property, ordered the wood for the facade of the "store" and have started some minor demolition inside the building...progress. even if a little bit helps...this will just take time. Won't open this season...But hopefully will be in good shape next season!
OK...I'm climbing off my soapbox. Hope all are well!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

JOJO so nice to hear from the far north country! I will go look at your FB page when I finish here. Hope next year your garden does better. Iknow how you were looking foreward to it.

Cheryl my DS had one of those i[pd thingys. It never drained his battery but I bet he didn;t leave it in his car as they are targeted by thieves 'round here. Hope it doen;t happen to y'all again.

Stacey, wishing your DS feels better andthing slow down for y'all.

Its been raining here for days and my head is splitting. Siting in the dark with my laptop and my kitties hoping for the allery meds and advil to kick in.

DH and his buddies have a "guys lunch" every Tues. Today I asked him to get me a chicken salad on croissant from Jason's Deli and bring it home for me.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Oh, it WON'T happen again!! I told her she could only use it when the car is running, an right now she is totally afraid of using it at all. They do think that is what ran down her battery. She did have a coil out when they checked it so they are replacing that and we should be good as new.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

life is in the details By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Great Outdoors By Scrappin 2

I was thinking of JoJo when I did this one since we were camping.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Sun Kissed By Scrappin 2

this one was done from a Becky Fleck sketch and a LO of hers called A Boy and his dog. It was for a challenge on the Rockin Scrappin Grams thread.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

JCI, MMS and ACU2H

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Stacey sure hope your son is ok by the time you read this. I was wondering where you where.

Katy- glad you had such a nice weekend and fun at the bbq.

Cheryl- hope the car doesn't cost too much to be fixed.

JoJo so good to see you. I'll check out your website.

Hi to all.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - The engine coil was the problem so it was $205 plus I had just paid $160 to have it towed Sunday when it shut down.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree By Cdjohnson

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

DOO..
gamer babes of livermore By Scrapkaty
Managed to do another layout! One of my dd's roommates had posted this photo on Facebook...and I HAD to have it! DD is on the far left in the cap. They had stopped for a "pre-game" drink at "Momo's" at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
During a lot of the televised games they'll show fans in the stands and sometimes there are girls holding signs up reading "Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay"...well, these 4 are from Livermore. I really think I've used this sketch before....it looks so familiar!
Now I have to go play "catchup"...I'm sooo far behind!

Edited by Scrapkaty on 07-17-12 04:46 PM. Reason for edit: forgot the layout!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

KATY!!! stop watching the game and post the layout lol.
I already saw it and it is gorgeous!!

JOjo!! Where do you find the time????? You're a wonder woman!

Cheryl hope her car problems really are minor.

Here's one I did today for the Pagemaps sketch challenge.
I have so many pics of Miss VIcki making this face..I should make a little book. She started doing it at about 5 months. She knew it made us laugh...what a card..she was cracking us up even back then. She is still one of the funniest people I know.
OH! By Dollscrap

Edited by dollscrap on 07-17-12 04:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Dropping off:

Our Great Adventure By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Dropping off a simple card using up some crumbs from my Funtoolas kit.

YOU ARE TRULY...***FUNTOOLAS*** By Anna C

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Arrrggghhh...I had a whole long post done and it disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I'll write again later.
Here's something to share along the lines of Jeannie's story:
Texting abbreviations for Seniors:
ATD---at the doctors
BFF--best friend fell
BTW---bring the wheelchair
BYOT--bring your own teeth
FWIW--Forgot where I was (I'm using this one alot)
GHA---got heartburn again
IMHO--is my hearing aid on
LMDO---Laughing my dentures out
TTYL--talk to you louder

Hopefully you are all smiling!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Those are funny Terry, thanks for the laugh.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

DOT

Old Town Tucson By Rockmom

Tucson By Rockmom

These are dark because its once again dark and overcast today. No complaints, I'd rather have this than what we had last summer sith fires and high heat and frought. Just can't get decent photos.

Edited by rockmom on 07-18-12 08:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI and ACU2H and will be back tomorrow evening.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

I haven't been around cause I have been crazy busy with my CNA class. It wasn't hard; there was just A LOT of stuff to cram into 5 weeks! I passed the state exams last Wednesday, and, since I want a job NOW, I have been spending every waking hour since then hunting down jobs, writing cover letters, etc. It finally occurred to me that I need to take some time to myself. So, here I am, trying to catch up on chat and love.

I was going to try to do 2 LOs a week, but, so far this month, I only got ONE CARD made. I made a "thinking of you" card for the nursing home resident to whom I was "assigned" during my clinicals. The lady had difficulty communicating her needs, so I learned her subtle facial expressions. I could also see that she tries to nod her head. I miss her and i hope she likes her card.

Jojo: your friend's saying that your craft will sell like hotcakes reminds me of something I read online. It was an article written by someone who obviously was not a native English speaker; she said "these things are selling like pancakes." That still cracks me up every time I think of it!

Cheryl: I LOVE IHOP! My favorite thing is their chocolate chip pancakes. I like them the way my mama taught me--with Hershey's chocolate syrup on top instead of regular syrup. Yum!

Cheryl and Cathe: I need to do major cleaning, too. And I have a bunch of stuff to donate. But my mom wants me to bring my "donate" stuff to her place for a yard sale next month. How do I do that when much of the stuff is stuff she gave me? I really like most of it, which is why I took it when she offered, but we just do not have the room for extra stuff!

Off to catch up on love, and hopefully soon I will have some LOs to share!

Kim

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to jaspernonyx

DOO...still using scraps from my Funtoolas kit. TFL!

Wishing You a Doggone Good Day***FUNTOOLAS*** By Anna C

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Those are funny Terry, thanks for the laugh.

Got a chuckle out of these!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Hi Kim, nice to see you again.

It RAINED!! It stormed. We need that rain so much.
I was in photography class. The room has no windows. We walked out into the halls as we were going outside to take pictures. The window pane on the door leading outside looked dark. I thought it was one of those panes that are tinted. Nope..it was that black out. Fortunately we didn't loose power, but a lot of places did.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hi Kim! Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for the laugh, Terry! A few of them I can probably use now, if even though I don't want to!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Hi everyone! I'm going to try and get this written from yesterday and hopefully won't lose it again.
I'm just crazy busy for the next 4 days and not with work either. BIL & wifey are dropping from TX for 2 days & then a 2 day dog event that we have to work too. Yuck....I have all the mojo & no time.

Donna--I had a texting weirdo thing happen last week. DH phone # came up and the text said: "In Phoenix". So I texted back: "What's in Phoenix". He calls and asks wth was I talking about. Turns out he didn't send the text at all but it came in with his number on it. HTH did that happen????

Jeannie--Sorry to hear Roni is losing her job. That's awful! Also I do have those moments many times and I am pretty sure I'll have many more too!!

Katy--how cool you got to spend time having so much fun at the bluegrass concert!

Stacey--how's your son? Did the tests come back?

Cheryl--how's Priscilla liking her job? Sorry about her car but at least it wasn't one of those $1000 fixes!

Anna---I loved your LO with the tractor. Brought back parade memories of growing up in small farm town. Everyone ran to the rodeo after the parades too!

Mel--get well!!!! We miss ya girl..

To to get moving....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Sheesh, the whole reply I just wrote went away! Why is that happening here?

Cathe, you can have some of the rain we have been getting it everyday for over two weeks. We got more in 2 day than the whole year last year!

Terry, have fun with your company and at the dog event.

Anna, that card sure is striking.

Last evening DH and I went to mineral club meeting. The topic was the Llano Uplift or Central Mineral Zone of Texas. I have had the good fortune to meet a fellow, Frank, that had some mineral rights to several of the pegmatites(a zone of mineralizstion). He took DH and I collecting. I introduced Frank to my mentor Art and we formed a cooperative. Frank lived near the pegs so he collected the samples and then brought them to Houston. Art and I then IDed the samples and from there we wrote two papers that were published in Mineral News. I took samples with me for show and tell. Art died a couple years ago, I sure do miss him.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Denise that is so cool that you are a published author. What a neat interest you have.

Stacey hope your son is on the mend.

Mel ...you too get well.

Terry enjoy your company.That was a strange text happening.

Photography class assignment...take a picture of something to do with a door or window. It can be anything...an old rusty hinge would be nice. There is an old barn near here. The house on the property was empty for years. I stopped across the street last year and took pictures of the barn. Now someone is fixing the house up. I guess I'll stop and ask if I can take some close ups of the barn window.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

DOO.

Last night, I saw a "pirate-" themed LO done with K and Company's "Blue Awning." It was fabulous, though I forgot to mark where I found it. I have "Blue Awning" and a "pirate" picture, so I thought I'd give it a try. I wanted to say "ahoy, matey," like the original artist did, but did not think I should copy that. It was hard not to do!
Imagination is more important than knowledge By Jaspernonyx

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

a Camping we will go By Scrappin 2

Here is one of three I did today. I don't know why the photos look blurry. Must be that I don't take them correctly. They are fine IRL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Did anyone ever check out the Red lead paper works company? They have such terrific stamps. I love the vintage school stamps and the vintage papers.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Kim - So glad that you passed your CNA. Good luck on your job hunt. Yes, you should take a little time for yourself.

Cathe - I forgot about checking into their stamps. I may look later.

Off for the next 3 days!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

TGIF!!! I have cleaning, grocery shopping and baby sitting duties today. I am going to try and squeeze in some scrapping time. Everyone have a wonderful day!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone:

Hope everyone has a great day!

DOO: I was looking around online at challenges for this month, and I came across one to make a fall LO. I had this September pic, so I scrapped it. TFL.

Kim
September 2007 By Jaspernonyx

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

CI real quick. Today's agenda is a tour down the Columbia River Gorge inc Multnohmah Falls. And of all the times to have these very rare occurances up--we are having thunderstorms! Give me a break!

Congrats Kim! Now go enjoy your new career and may you find a job quickly too!
Denise--who is that in your new avi? My eyesight is horrible but I think I see you. Sorry to hear that your mentor passed. Do you mentor anyone?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Morning! Not feeling well again. Back to the doctor yesterday and got three more antibiotics. I even have an ear infection this go around. I haven't had one of those since I was a little girl!!

Have a great day ladies.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Anna C

Terry! I LOVE that Columbia River Gorge! DH, dd, and I drove along the road (not the interstate)past several waterfalls...Of course, I took a kazillion photos...I did scrap the photos taken at the Multnohmah Falls... that is such a gorgeous drive!! Sorry about those ^&*(*() thunderstorms!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Scrapkaty

I've been to Columbia River Gorge and Multnohmah falls. My brother lives near Portland.

gotta go, bbl Have a great day!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Is it Saturday?..it feels like Saturday ...during the week in the morning I can hear the distant hum of freeway traffic...it's quiet today..so yep It's Saturday.

What's everyone doing?

I'm gonna feed my plants and wash the kitchen floor (when it's creepy to walk on it barefoot, it's time to wash it)...and then I'm gonna scrap.

Poor Anna...hope this round of meds gets rid of whatever is ailing you..for good! (speaking of punches....lol....we really weren't just threw that out there...anyway on your blue card, were those scallops from a punch and if so which one...me want.

Kim congratulations on passing your nursing class.

Have a fun day Terry. Thanks for the texting
abbreviations...unfortunately most are true.

Denise..entire replies disappear on me all the time..poof...out there in cyberspace somewhere.

Stacey how is your son?

Katy have fun at the art and wine festival.

I have lost my two big rolley totes..the ones I haul most of my scrapcrap in to Katys and to the retreat...they are GONE. They usually live in the trunk of my car and they aren't there...even so I looked everywhere..they're really too big to be hidden anywhere around the house or the shed or the garage and they are not in out storage unit...so now I have to buy new ones....not this month as I had to pay for my #$%^&*( traffic ticket..wanna know how much...$359..PLUS $69 for traffic school...and I had to pay for my retreat in Sept..
Where did those totes go...all I can think of is that the trunk was closed but not latched and someone came around trying to get into different cars and and .....heck I dunno but they are gone. There are more and more burglaries around here than there ever were...used be a really nice town...going to the dogs.
rant over.
Praying for the poor souls in the theater in Colorado...feel bad about complaining about lost totes after hearing about that.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Terry, that's me in the blue rainsuit and DH in the red rainsuit. We were out with a group of rockhounds collecting fossils a couple years ago. It was raining and muddy as all getout. Gortex rainsuits to the rescue. We were dry while the rest had wet clothes, The town we lived in had a factory that made these rainsuits. We went to the factory outlet store to get them, much cheaper than retail. We bought 4 suits.

Gosh Anna, you really do need to get well and stay well. So sorry you are feeling bad again. Hope the recovery is quick.

Stacey, how is your DS? Hopefully he is okay!

Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. Turned on the TV and saw the news about that madman in the Colorado theater.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Popping in really quick. Maddie and Brayden will be here shortly. I won't be back in until tomorrow. I am hoping to scrap all day Saturday.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping one off:
White Sands National Monument By Rockmom

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

It's really quiet around here for a Friday...lol

dd and I went shopping....bought two tops but as most of the tops I tried on made me laugh....(cry)... made a pledge to lose some weight.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to dollscrap

I just got back from Target, where I got the EK Success brand circle cutter. I have been wanting a circle cutter for a long time. I hope to get a LO done today using this. But, there is some cleaning that needs to be done b4 I scrap. Dangit!

Kim

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

two more:

Are we there yet By Rockmom

Greetings from New Mexico By Rockmom

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

TGIF! Finally the weekend! I so look forward to waking up without the #$%^&*( alarm clock... Even without the alarm clock I can only sleep in til 6-6:30, and I hate tossing and turning and possibly disturbing dh, (who really needs his sleep being he only averages about 5 hours per night during the work week)So I get up, make myself a cup of coffee and grab my kindle and ipad and head out to my front deck.. and kick back until dh does get up.. usually 2 to 3 hours later..It's my ME time...well, mine and my kitty's time..
Sorry, I'm just ramblin' on here.
After my "ME" time, and after breakfast tomorrow we are going into our little town for it's 35th annual Summer Crafts and Wine faire... I always manage to buy something each year..But being on a no/low sodium diet, I'm reaaaaally gonna miss buying a bag of fresh kettle corn!!
I might try to scrap tomorrow evening...

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Scrapkaty

ScrapKaty:

My "me" time comes after about 11 or 11:30, when the boyfriend goes to bed. I am naturally a night owl (as long as my schedule allows it), and he has to be up at 6. Many times, I am getting to bed around 3, and I will sleep in the spare bed to keep from disturbing him. It's usually only for a while: he gets up a couple of times a night to use the bathroom, so as long as he's awake, I'll climb into bed with him.

Have fun at the festival!

Kim

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning! Meds have kicked in and I am really hoping they take care of this stuff this go around. Have a great day ladies!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

#12 - checking in before reading

Morning everyone.

Henry is fine. Culture came back negative so off for an ultrasound. That was a time waster, a whole day of nothing but bored kids & anxious mom. No wifi, no computers/electronic equipment allowed in the office.

Thursday dh decided to pass a stone too! WTH is there something in the water. I feel bad for both of my guys.

To keep the boys out of the house, we spent 5 hours at chuckecheese yesterday. WHATWASITHINKING! I forgot the earplugs & wine. I did a bunch of knitting of my bee-keepers hexagon quilt.

I also been scrapping, finished 33 layouts so far this month. I haven't taken a single picture of them.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to carbphrek

Good morning!! Had a blast with the grandkids last night. Brayden wasn't feeling well because he is cutting a tooth. Maddie was just too funny!!! It is amazing how fast kids these days pick up on computer stuff. She is starting preschool in Augst and is so excited. She saw my Kindle Fire and wanted to play on it. I downloaded Jumpstart preschool and she loved that and then a storybook app that read stories to her. She knew how to do everything without out me telling her how to use my Kindle Fire and they don't own one.

Hope I get to scrap at least some of the day. Right now have a headache and am thinking about a nap.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to cdjohnson

feeling alot better while i was down babygurl got a adware virus on my computer so i been trying to clean it it gettin there
donna thank for the birthday surprise i got it yesterday waiting for my bday i was sick real bad on my 20th anniversary on the 18 of this month and my taste buds are still outer wack can barely taste anything,the weather really destroy my plants just the banana/jalepena/stuff peppers and cherries tomatoes made it the heat and storm kill them i have a appt in sept to see how i am doing i lost alot of weight inwhich i feel good i can fit in my old clothes that a smaller size will catch up with love when i finish fixing my computer,really miss you ladies and sending prayer out to anyone who was affected by that crazy guy in co,

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to tealbrand

Mel! It's good to see you back! So sorry that you were sick on your anniversary! Glad to hear you are feeling better and congrats on the weight loss.. But what a miserable way to lose it... Sorry to hear about your computer problems too! Take care of yourself, girl! We all missed you here.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Hi Mel...glad you are feeling better and sorry you missed your annivesary...sorry about your plants too...and yur computer virus...geez girl when it rains it pours right?..literally.

Cheryl, kids catch on to electronics FAST...when the girls were kids and I got my very first digi camera they had it all figured out while I was still reading the first page of the directions.

Katy have fun TODAY at the festival..
I really did think yesterday was Saturday.

Glad Henry is ok Stacey.

Workin on a layout right now so gonna go shove things around on the page til something else grabs my attention.

Gorgeous gorgeous morning. Hope y'all have a great weekend.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Mel - so glad you are doing much better!! Viruses on computer are awful. Hope you have gotten it all taken care of.

Jeanie - I didn't think you were serious about thinking yesterday was Saturday!!

Two My Mind's Eye kits I ordered from Crafty Steals arrived yesterday, and I am hoping to use them today.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl..after I realized it was Friday...on the way to the mall I told Vicki it will probably be crowded being it's Saturday and she informed me it was Friday...the first thing I thought of was how you all would think I was kidding...but I really did think it was Saturday...it FELT like Saturday.
and today feels like Sunday.

There's a teeny square on my watch face with the date number on it...I cannot even see it it is so little...it looks like a 10 in there..

Here's a layout I did for a challenge.
Primping By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Just now heading to my scrap room. I plan on hibernating in here for a few hours.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Put on your party hat By Cdjohnson

CHEERS By Cdjohnson

Make a wish By Cdjohnson

Happy Birthday By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hot, hot, hot today! Nearly melted.

Getting things all ready for DD and DSIL to move into their new house next weekend. Been grocery shopping for all the staples one needs to run a home. Soap, detergents, cleaners, panty items, new spices, etc. After living with us for a year they are going to need everything. Got a great start on it.

Her Family Vacation 1966 By Rockmome's the end of 1966.
Will be back later to get all CU.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to rockmom

DOO:

My mom and her bff met in 7th grade. 2012 marks 50 years of friendhsip, so I thought I'd do a LO. I am going to give it to my mom to add to one of the scrapbooks I have made for her. This was the clearest pic I could get: the rest are fuzzy and I don't know why.
TFL.

Kim
50 years of friendship By Jaspernonyx

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Jeannie, you asked about the punch I used on my blue card. I used the EK Success Scalloped Scallop punch.

Mel, so glad you stopped by. I hope you are feeling better and that you get your computer issues resolved soon. I hate computer problems!

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics