Page 3 of 7 
Username Post: July VLB Challenge -- Gonna be aa Blast        (Topic#1578103)
Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Acu!

Birthday party followed by family over. A fun, full day!

Today I celebrated one year on my weight loss journey. 65 lbs down and about 18-20 more to go. 25 lbs if I was super ambitious, but 18 lbs is to get to my "realistic" number.

WTG lesley!!! that's awesome--and good luck on the next 18-20!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Shalene & Nancy -- oh yes. I just saw a stat that shows the temp in cars and how quickly it gets there. I'll see if I can find it. NOw eastern NC is a bit backwards -- but they've seriously been cracking down on this.

We've been told to page in the store and if we get no response immediately to call 911. The police ARE responding. I'm absolutely shocked.

Last week they busted the window of a car with a dog in it - the guy came out of the store. He was a somewhat prominent businessman. Made the front of the newspaper and got a hefty fine. Even made the local news. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Guess he won't be leaving fido in the car anymore.

what a great message to send, though: not even the 'celebrities' are getting away with junk like that. i wouldn't even dream of leaving my pet or my children in a vehicle in heat like this! not even for a minute

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MeliMedina

• MelissaW Said:
Yay!

I'm going to be designing their web site for them along with the services they provide. So it could be a lot, or just a little, whichever I'm willing to do. I'm really excited about this because the guy is pretty laid back, and it's the same company my husband's company contracts for their tech services. We thought it was funny because we both liaison through J for what we do. Small world!

So now I have to get to work on a landing page for my own web site... missmelissaw.com - I have NO CLUE what to call my "company." The only reason that I have that domain is because it's a blogspot-removed away from my blog (so instead of missmelissaw.blogspot.com it's just missmelissaw.com). I'm not paying $10 for another domain, so I need to come up with something creative from that.

Anyhow, I have a ton of tabs open, so I'm going to get to leaving some love. Trying to figure out what to do for dinner that's not pizza and not anything that requires us to cook. It's topped out at 104 so far and everything is drying up and dying, people included, in this heat! It's Michigan, for crying out loud! This is the hottest day on record since the 1930's!

WTG Mel! that's awesome to hear! yayayayay!!!

in this heat, we mostly grill. i refuse to use the oven or stove in this kind of weather, unless its unavoidable. meals get kind of limited with grilling, but it sure beats adding to the heat already in the house

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
Just sharing our 4th of July activities:
Our neighborhood holds a parade with classic cars, mini floats, mounted police, fire engine and all the kids on scooters/bikes/go-karts/w agons/etc. dressed in their Red, White and Blue.

My kids were of course adorable but my dogs seemed to be a bigger hit.

Then swimming, bike riding with friends, water balloons, BBQ and mini fireworks in the front yard with friends.

this looks like an absolute blast! the food you made looks pretty darn delish, too!!

Oh la, i do believe i'm finally acu!! phew!

what a GREAT day! the kids and i went to the petting zoo in town, we got to hang out with daddy for a while this afternoon, AND we got to play at the brand new splash park. i think we'll be spending a.lot. of time down there this summer! FAVE PAST TIME!!

hmmm...think i'll scrap some now!

have a great weekend and stay cool!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Twinlets Mama

so well loved By Twinlets Mama

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

Hi everyone! I will catch up on love tomorrow.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Acu!

Birthday party followed by family over. A fun, full day!

Today I celebrated one year on my weight loss journey. 65 lbs down and about 18-20 more to go. 25 lbs if I was super ambitious, but 18 lbs is to get to my "realistic" number.

That is awesome, congratulations! I really need to get back to WW. I need to lose weight to help ease my arthritis. You are now my weight loss hero!

Melissa-maybe that could be your super hero alter ego!?!?!?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Claggy

Good morning!

Congrats Lesley! How do you keep your weight down with all of the cooking that you do? I need to get on board with this weight loss journey too!!

Have a great day ladies!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Anna C

Lesley -- that is fantastic.
and Anna -- that's a great question.

Gotta take Brian to UNC -- Chapel Hill today for a week of swim camp. Of course, now he doesn't want to go. To bad -- he was pumped when I wrote the check --so HE's GOING!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to ncyankee

Morning,

Thanks for all the love on my weight loss. I really appreciate it. I'd lost about 83 pounds on WW from 1999-2002, and over the course of eight years, gained back 70 of it. I'm not one to make up excuses for my weight gain, but from 2004-2008, especially, I went through nearly every major life change one can experience. I just lost perspective and focus, and it got the better of me. When I finally decided to get serious about losing it again, I needed something stricter than WW. I have been seeing a physician, and have been on his plan, pretty faithfully, for a year. It's basically the Zone diet (the one Jennifer Aniston was always on, lol!). 40% of your cals come from carbs, 30% from fat, 30% from protein. It sounds complicated, but it's not. Basically, never eat carbs without healthy protein and fat. Like, if I eat an apple, it's always with a small handful of nuts, or 1 oz of cheese. Once I was on it for awhile, it just became routine, and I found it easier to stick to a plan where I knew to avoid foods, than WW where I could eat "anything". That's just me, though. I also try to avoid sugar, white flour, potatoes, artificial sweeteners, etc., and I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I haven't been perfect, but it's definitely, definitely working for me.

As far as baking and losing weight -- I burn a TON of calories when I bake. I'm usually standing for 3-4 hours at a time, moving heavy things around, and I don't eat while I bake. I don't eat my cookies, unless I'm trying out a new Farmers Market recipe, and for that I just make myself a tiny cookie so I can "quality control". If I find myself craving sweets, I eat pickled peppers. SERIOUSLY, this kills the craving.

Sorry for the long, self-involved post, but...there ya go. And yes, I will be doing a "before" and "after" LO, sometime this week.

Anyway, the heat finally let up here, so I'm actually looking forward to taking Nina to swim lessons! That's my 30 minutes of magazine reading time. I love it.

DOO, while I'm at it. This is for July Monochrome (Midnight Sky), and the MSC week 2. (Eileen, next LO is about our peach tree! LOL!)

wish: July Monochrome Night Sky By LesleyC

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

Lesley, I do something similar, but I shoot for macros. So, 1g of protein for every 1lb of lean body mass (equals 120g per day), and 1g of fat per every 2lb of body weight (comes to 75g), and the rest of my calories in carbs (comes to about 220g). I stick to that and less than 1900 calories per day. It can get tedious sometimes, but it works!

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to LesleyC

Here is another layout

You're Invited By Vincarash

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to vincarash

Hi ladies jci & getting ACU,

Thanks for all the sweet words for DD, she really is doing better, she doesn't put herself out there like this for dating and I know she really cared for this guy...but we all know it happens and she'll be fine.

Anna, Thank You so much for the great B-day card, so nice that you did that!!

Yesterday, I drove to Eatonton, GA to see my SIL and to give her a cake I made for her B-day...I'm so tired of traveling and looking forward to a few weeks of staying home, staying cool and doing some scrapping...but then I have a family reunion at the end of August in Panama City, FL...but the beach should be fun.

Okay, I'm off to get ACU and hopefully get some scrapping done this evening, also hope to get the pages I did at the WTTS crop scanned and posted very soon...see ya later

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Tena E.

I have to share this with you guys...

So I was working on a friend's computer this afternoon. She had taken it to be fixed to a computer shop and they returned it to her without any of the drivers updated, so her keyboard functions and touch pad and stuff weren't working. I went to install the utility and drivers that made those things work, and the BIOS needed to be updated to be able to install the drivers. I've updated BIOS tons of times without trouble, so I went about updating it (FYI: don't ever update your BIOS unless you absolutely need to... things CAN go wrong and then your computer becomes a glorified paper weight when they do. Case and point:)... It froze in the middle of the update. Like, completely froze. Nothing worked. It wouldn't even power off.

So, I do like any person who has never ran into a problem before and doesn't want to explain to her friend that she just took her laptop and made it a paperweight... I panicked! I looked all over Google for a solution, but Google was not being my friend today.

Finally, I called a good friend who also knows computers and asked him what to do. He had also never run into a problem flashing BIOS before. He also knew that the failure could brick the computer. He told me to pull the battery and shut it off. I was SO SCARED, but I did it anyway. And the computer booted back up fine.

Then, we're driving home from the friend's house, and I'm still calming down from my complete and utter panic about the BIOS flash, and we see a guy on a bicycle drive right out into an intersection and GET HIT BY A CAR!

He was fine, thankfully, but watching it happen put me in hysterics, so now I'm sitting here with a margarita in hand and I refuse to leave the house for the rest of the day. God has obviously willed it to be so, because otherwise lots of bad things will happen.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Tena E.

Afternoon ladies! Checking in and leaving lots of love.

The heat finally broke here and it is cooler - upper 80's but hey its a break! Got a few pages scrapped but probably won't have time to upload until Wednesday.

Lesley - Wow! Awesome job!

Amy - Looks like you had a blast on the 4th! Great pics too...bet you can't wait to scrap those.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to godschild94

Lesley, WTG on your weight loss journey, wish you well for your last pounds, I'm sure you'll do great!

Eileen, too funny, I'm sure he'll be fine once he's there.

Melissa, congrats on the new job and sorry today was so stressful.

I'm ACU for now and off to try and scrap

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Tena E.

Melissa-Hugs. Oh wow, that would put me over the edge. I don't even know what BIOS is so...my hat goes off to you for even trying.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

BIOS stands for "Basic Input/Output System." It basically tells your computer what to do when you turn it on. So if your BIOS is toast, your computer won't know what to do when you push the power button. Bad BIOS = glorified paperweight. With older computers, you either replaced the BIOS chip (which wasn't always very easy), or you replaced the entire motherboard for the computer (not very easy, either, and could be costly, to boot). Thankfully, with newer computers, some motherboard manufacturers put in a fail safe by putting in a backup BIOS chip, in case the main BIOS goes bad. My friend's computer happened to have a motherboard with the secondary BIOS chip in it. I held my breath waiting to see if it would boot up. I couldn't find anything on Google that suggested what kind of motherboard this laptop had, so it was a gamble either way!

So I told my friend that fixing her touch pad would have to be enough, and she didn't need her keyboard functions that terribly bad! LOL!

sarahmacnificent
Veteran
sarahmacnificent

ACU!!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to sarahmacnificent

doo

I Can! By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• MelissaW Said:
I have to share this with you guys...

So I was working on a friend's computer this afternoon. She had taken it to be fixed to a computer shop and they returned it to her without any of the drivers updated, so her keyboard functions and touch pad and stuff weren't working. I went to install the utility and drivers that made those things work, and the BIOS needed to be updated to be able to install the drivers. I've updated BIOS tons of times without trouble, so I went about updating it (FYI: don't ever update your BIOS unless you absolutely need to... things CAN go wrong and then your computer becomes a glorified paper weight when they do. Case and point:)... It froze in the middle of the update. Like, completely froze. Nothing worked. It wouldn't even power off.

So, I do like any person who has never ran into a problem before and doesn't want to explain to her friend that she just took her laptop and made it a paperweight... I panicked! I looked all over Google for a solution, but Google was not being my friend today.

Finally, I called a good friend who also knows computers and asked him what to do. He had also never run into a problem flashing BIOS before. He also knew that the failure could brick the computer. He told me to pull the battery and shut it off. I was SO SCARED, but I did it anyway. And the computer booted back up fine.

Then, we're driving home from the friend's house, and I'm still calming down from my complete and utter panic about the BIOS flash, and we see a guy on a bicycle drive right out into an intersection and GET HIT BY A CAR!

He was fine, thankfully, but watching it happen put me in hysterics, so now I'm sitting here with a margarita in hand and I refuse to leave the house for the rest of the day. God has obviously willed it to be so, because otherwise lots of bad things will happen.

Oh Melissa! Watching accidents happen is never easy a persons' nerves. I've witnessed a couple in my life time, too- one where three or four high school kids were sent to the hospital (and it made the news). None of them were seriously hurt, but it made me sick regardless!

Glad you got the computer figured out!

So, you've compelled me to share my own horrific story from last week.

The kids ran away. Like, seriously. I went to the bathroom, I came out, and found the front door ajar. The kids wouldn't answer when I called them...I thought my heart was going to fly through my chest! Some kind people in our neighbourhood helped me look for the girls. They weren't too far from home, but far enough. I couldn't believe it could happen that fast. I left them sitting on the couch in the living room, watching baby einstein on my iPhone, and i came back to an empty house.

The funny part: Maren thought ahead and put her rubber boots on.

There are once again childproof locks on the front door. I don't know when or how it came off, but apparently it did.

If something like that doesn't put white hairs on a mama's head, I don't know what would!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Lesley -- that is fantastic.
and Anna -- that's a great question.

Gotta take Brian to UNC -- Chapel Hill today for a week of swim camp. Of course, now he doesn't want to go. To bad -- he was pumped when I wrote the check --so HE's GOING!

Funny how that happens! Yep, I've been there with horn camp, robotics camp and art camp. He ended up complaining every time-even though he begged to be signed up. Every single time he went!! Being a mom often means making kids do what's best and following through. We only win awards once they're grown and successful.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Tena E.

• Tena E. Said:
Hi ladies jci & getting ACU,

Thanks for all the sweet words for DD, she really is doing better, she doesn't put herself out there like this for dating and I know she really cared for this guy...but we all know it happens and she'll be fine.

Anna, Thank You so much for the great B-day card, so nice that you did that!!

Yesterday, I drove to Eatonton, GA to see my SIL and to give her a cake I made for her B-day...I'm so tired of traveling and looking forward to a few weeks of staying home, staying cool and doing some scrapping...but then I have a family reunion at the end of August in Panama City, FL...but the beach should be fun.

Okay, I'm off to get ACU and hopefully get some scrapping done this evening, also hope to get the pages I did at the WTTS crop scanned and posted very soon...see ya later

At least Panama Beach is sorta near. You won't have to travel as far as you have been lately. And you have a few weeks to chill-lax.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

Aunt & Uncle are at Retirement Reception so I have their entire lovely home to myself. DA allowed me to log onto her computer while she is out. I will leave tomorrow morning after we pick up the grands from the airport. They will be visiting for at least a week. It will be good to see them. I haven't met their little ones (they are missionaries in Costa Rica)yet and one is 4yrs and the other is 5 mos.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Claggy

Lesley, it sounds like you have a system that really works for you too. You too, Mel. Congrats to you both.

Sorry your day was so stressful, Mel!

Ali, what a scare you had! Wonder what made them decide to "explore" the neighborhood?

Eileen, Brian will probably have a great time after he gets there.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great evening!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Anna C

Here is a layout that I did for the 2pg sketch and pink-brown-green challenge

Me By Pam In TX

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to LesleyC

I scrapped !!! Thanks to Mel for the inspiration.

Miami Marlins By Ncyankee

Now off to watch baseball!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to ncyankee

OH. MY. WORD. the kids and I are going to live at the spray park!!!! We had SO. MUCH. FUN! And this time I was smart enough to put my own bathing suit on-- the kids LOVED that mama played in the water with them. Maren especially- she kept telling me that she was playing with me...it made her SO. HAPPY!

Aah hot weather is a wonderful thing sometimes!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Hi all,

Chill evening over here. John and Nina made pizza (I make two scratch crusts at a time and we keep one in the freezer for lazy nights), and then I went to Michaels. I bought some single sheet PP (5/$1), some $1.50 bin stuff, two chipboard minis for .50 each, a new smash washi tape and the smash date stamp, and a couple of other random things. I have ordered a lot on line lately, so I really really need to curtail my scrappy spending. I have so much, though, that it's not like I need anything.

Ali-omg, that would have made me sick sick sick. I'm so glad that the girls were ok...and that they remembered their boots. Lol.

Acu.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to LesleyC

Hi ladies, I'm finally posting my pages from the WTTS crop. I actually got 6 pages done but only posting 5 of them...the back story to my pages are that after making 12 page kits to bring to the crop I left them at home but I did have other photos with me so I scrapped them, even though I really didn't want to. Thanks Amy for helping me make the best of a bad situation...you ladies rock!

Callaway corn By Tena E.

In touch with nature By Tena E.

You are amazing By Tena E.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Tena E.

And 2 more...goodnight!

This one was inspired by Melissa...thanks!
Pier Posing @ Callaway By Tena E.

Friends and football By Tena E.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Tena E.

Lesley- congrats on your weight loss journey. Sounds like you have come a long way with just a bit more to go. Woot Woot!

Ali- Oh my. How frightening. I'm so glad the kids are okay. I can see hairs turning white from here! A friend of mine just joined our YMCA gym on my recommendation. She is over protective of her 3 little ones (all under 4) but got enough good reviews of the childcare there. WELL- her daughter, age 3.5 somehow got out of the room (I can't understand as they have several doors/locks/safeguards) and was found wandering in the field next to the facility by herself!! Needless to say, my friend won't be back there. But now I'm more hesitant of leaving my kids (though neither are wanderers).

Tena- I'm both super impressed that you built 12 page kits (ready to go for your next away crop) AND that despite leaving them at home, you still turned out gorgeous work. I see lots of green on there.

ACU once I close these tabs.

After church and lunch out, I twisted hubby's arm to come with me to an open house. It is $1.6 mil and the most perfect house for our family. It has an inlaw adjoining unit that would be perfect for my mom (with Alzheimer's) now that she can't care for herself. So, anyone have an extra MILL laying around to donate?

jjfer
jjfer 
Queen
jjfer
  • jjfer on 07-09-12 05:58 AM
In response to AllAmy

Good morning!

Still working on catching up on love and chatter - that is my goal for today along with cleaning the house! We were in Buffalo all weekend for my dd Emily's softball tournametn. Unfortunately, they didn't win any of their games, but it was still fun.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to AllAmy

Yay, Tena posted her bomb! I love Tena's pages because we have the same taste in paper, lol!

Amy-I'm so sorry about your mom having Alzheimers. It would be wonderful to have that perfect arrangement for her. *sigh*

DOO as well. I failed my own challenge, so that means two non-kid LOs for me.

Parrot-Dise By LesleyC

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to LesleyC

Here is an entry.

It isn't a big thing.... By Vincarash

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to vincarash

Good morning and acu2h!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
Lesley- congrats on your weight loss journey. Sounds like you have come a long way with just a bit more to go. Woot Woot!

Ali- Oh my. How frightening. I'm so glad the kids are okay. I can see hairs turning white from here! A friend of mine just joined our YMCA gym on my recommendation. She is over protective of her 3 little ones (all under 4) but got enough good reviews of the childcare there. WELL- her daughter, age 3.5 somehow got out of the room (I can't understand as they have several doors/locks/safeguards) and was found wandering in the field next to the facility by herself!! Needless to say, my friend won't be back there. But now I'm more hesitant of leaving my kids (though neither are wanderers).

Tena- I'm both super impressed that you built 12 page kits (ready to go for your next away crop) AND that despite leaving them at home, you still turned out gorgeous work. I see lots of green on there.

ACU once I close these tabs.

After church and lunch out, I twisted hubby's arm to come with me to an open house. It is $1.6 mil and the most perfect house for our family. It has an inlaw adjoining unit that would be perfect for my mom (with Alzheimer's) now that she can't care for herself. So, anyone have an extra MILL laying around to donate?

my kids must find the 'forbidden front yard' enticing, because anytime we head out anywhere, they run all over the place while i'm trying to load them up. it must have gotten the better of them when they took off on me the other day. i'm fairly certain Maren won't' do it again, but i'm not so sure about Addison. she's quite a bit more independent. I always thought it was Maren that needed the leash, but I guess I'm wrong! lol

i'd even love to give dh the extra $100 thou he asked for the other day. A mill is totally a pipe dream! a place like that does sound dreamy, especially when your mom has alzheimers. i know we discussed moving my grandma into my parents' house when she suffered with dementia. {{hugs!!}}

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Anna C

Ali, I would be sick over that! Actually, CJ used to be a real wanderer. I had nightmares about him wandering outside in the middle of the night, so we installed little alarms on the doors that would sound if the door was opened (like on some stores when you walk in, the door will chime or whatever). It gave me piece of mind, especially after something really bad happened to a 2-year-old across town who wandered away. Plus we live by a REALLY BUSY street (we're 4 houses down from it) and my worst fear was that he would wander into traffic or something.

Needless to say, the alarm gave us lots of piece of mind.

Lots of tabs open this morning! Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Mel- when we were house hunting here, Kyle was absolutely IN LOVE with another house that was in quite a busy neighbourhood. It paralleled a very busy street, and I did.not.like. that it was next to such a busy road, and there was no.yard. for the kids to play in. This house, the one we bought, is a block away from a school, and filled to the brim with other kids, so even though it terrified me to the extreme that they were able to get away, there is a certain amount of security knowing that we are in such a kid-friendly neighbourhood.

having said that, if anything ever happened to my kids, I'd never forgive myself, and probably wouldn't survive the guilt I'd feel. So, we're just remaining exceptionally thankful that nothing happened to them!

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

Yeah! I managed to scrap and got 2 pages done!! First pages in over a month. Now I have to find my camera. My hubby put it away somewhere and I have yet to figure out where that somewhere is. I've been taking pics on my phone camera in the meantime.

Ali- Nothing makes a mom's heart drop as fast or as far as the moment she can't locate her kids. We got seperated from my son in New York City and even though it was probably really less than a minute and he was 12, it ruined my day. I couldn't stop shaking or panicking even with him by my side the rest of the day.

Amy- Wish I had that mill for you. My mom has Alzheimer's too and I would love to have a set up to have her move in right next to me to take care of her and feel more peace of mind.

Tena- Fabulous pages! Great job with going with the flow and making the best out of a situation.

Great job on the weight loss, Lesley. Though how you bake and still manage to find your self control is beyond me! I am too sweets crazy.

Eileen- good job on making that camp happen anyway. I have one who pulls that stuff on me all the time although you would think he would realize I've never given in yet and still won't so he better think before he signs up for something.

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to lpeeps

Lesley--Congrats on your weight loss! You rock!
Ali--I can't even imagine how terrifying that must have been to realize your kids weren't there when you last checked on them. Glad that you found them safe!

So, I noticed that Wal-Mart now sells the smash line. I was so happy because it will cost less at Wal-Mart. A few days ago I tried to use my cricut machine and it doesn't work anymore. I think the adapter went out on it. I guess I shouldn't of left it plugged in all the time and I didn't really use it that much. Darn it! I need a new cricut machine now!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Msnickers2

Hi ladies jci,

Ali, so glad that the girls are safe, that sounds like a very scary time. Anitra did not wonder at all but when we moved back to the mainland from Hawaii on her 1st day of 1st grade there was a mix up with the school buses and she wasn't at her stop for my sister to pick her up, I thought I would die...not to mention I was in the hospital at the time and could not look for her myself, turns out she was at the school gym all along with the rest of the class but it was a big mix up and made the news and everything. Sometimes it's a wonder how we survive all this.

Shalene, you can always get another adapter without buying a new Cricut. Mine went out last year and I found a new one on Amazon for a great price.

ACU for now

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Tena E.

DO3
Me and You By Msnickers2
Always Sweet By Msnickers2
Home By Msnickers2

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

Tena--I never thought of looking on Amazon for another adapter. I'll have to look. Thanks for the info!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

One from me!

off we go, into the wild blue yonder By MelissaW

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

And one more...

Air Zoo Airplanes By MelissaW

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

ACU!

DH informed me that my Silhouette is on its way!! I might even have it by the end of the week. Yay!! One thing I didn't check: Does it come with the mat and blade and everything you need to get started, or does that need to be ordered separately?

Here's one for the Scrap by Color challenge -- this is the Analogous color scheme.

41 Long Weeks By LesleyC

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

Lesley, it typically comes with a mat and a blade. The only thing I think it required was the USB cable to hook to your computer, if you decide to hook it to your computer. But it's the same cable that a printer uses, so you may have some of those lying around (I realize not everyone is a tech geek like me, so this may not be true... I have these cables coming out of my ears).

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Am home and acu! Now hope to start scrapping.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• MelissaW Said:
Lesley, it typically comes with a mat and a blade. The only thing I think it required was the USB cable to hook to your computer, if you decide to hook it to your computer. But it's the same cable that a printer uses, so you may have some of those lying around (I realize not everyone is a tech geek like me, so this may not be true... I have these cables coming out of my ears).

Oh, good. It wasn't very clear on amazon whether it was just plug and play, or whether you needed to purchase additional pieces. It said "customers who bout this also bought..." the blade and the mat, so that must have been for replacements? Idk.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to scrapperbee

• scrapperbee Said:

How was your trip? You're gonna miss that little guy!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • scrapperbee Said:

How was your trip? You're gonna miss that little guy!

Yes, the ride home by myself was sad--though driving through the thunderstorms in VA kept my attention for a while.

DC was HOT. But had a great time--a few more days with dgs. Now I have my stack of 350 pics, plus the pics we took in DC--thus, plenty to scrap.

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

jci

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to byondbzr

This is a LO that I did for Round Robin and Monochrome Wild Card.

Rock Princess By Pam In TX

jjfer
jjfer 
Queen
jjfer
  • jjfer on 07-10-12 05:14 AM
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:

Jen- I missed you so much last month.

Finally almost cu so I'm just seeing this now Amy. I missed you so much too! It was SO much harder not going than I thought it would be. Definitely not missing another year!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to jjfer

Morning -- lots of tabs open. Only have about 15 minutes so probably will get to them later.

pulling a gorgeous aussie from the shelter this morning. Gotta run her to the vet. She's getting spayed tomorrow and then off to her foster in SC this weekend. And yippee!!! I don't have to drive her. LOL.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to ncyankee

Morning and acu2h!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Welcome home Bev! Where you in Fredericksburg, Va with those storms? What part of TN do you live in?

Edited by Anna C on 07-10-12 06:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Anna C

Here's one I finished today.

*God Bless America By Claggy

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Claggy

DOO!

Posing at the Zoo By MelissaW

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies jci,

Bev, welcome home, glad you had a great visit with dgs, can't wait to see all the pages. I did manage to get pics of my grandniece & nephew while visiting Wisconsin but not as many as I wanted.

Hoping to get some scrapping done today, I have the mojo but I'm so lazy and just enjoying my along time LOL...tomorrow is my B-day, Matt & Anitra are both working so I'm having lunch with my BFF and going out to dinner w/hubby this weekend.

ACU for now...see ya later

sarahmacnificent
Veteran
sarahmacnificent
In response to Tena E.

ACU

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Welcome home, Bev!!

Happy early birthday, Tena!

Hi, Sarah!

I have a horrible headache. I did not sleep well last night. I'm hoping it goes away soon as I have four hours booked at the kitchen tonight and that's miserable if I don't feel well. Wah...

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to LesleyC

Feel better Lesley!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Claggy

acu2h

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Anna C

So I ran all over creation. Brendan is working at the shelter. Just got home and thought maybe I'll be able to play in my scrap room for a bit. Literally sat down and Brendan called and said he was ready to be picked up. Seriously --- does that boy have a GPS up my tail.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Oh and I'm ACU!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to ncyankee

Hello all! Popping in to catch up before heading into work...got called in on my day off...so much for scrapping. Sigh...Lots of tabs open and will get to them soon.

Feel better soon Lesley! And enjoy your Silhouette. I promise you will love it!

Ali - Oh my goodness that would have been so scary. Glad everything turned out ok!

sarahmacnificent
Veteran
sarahmacnificent
In response to godschild94

DOO:
Sugar and Spice By Sarahmacnificent

sarahmacnificent
Veteran
sarahmacnificent
In response to byondbzr

Here is my week 1:
Brotherly Love By Sarahmacnificent

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sarahmacnificent

JCI. I have already left gallery love now it's time for 'life' love as I call it.

I feel for all you ladies suffering in this heat. I've lived in Texas for 15 years, and I STILL can't get used to the Texas heat, give me my Scottish weather any day!!! Hope a break comes soon for all of you.

BEV - Welcome home!!!!

CHRISTINE - Miss you and the work you post. Enjoy your guests, and we'll see you soon!!

LESLEY C - Congrats. on the weight loss journey, keep it going you'll get there.
With all your recent purchases and continuing purchases you have finally done it, you are now a fully fledged SCRAPBOOK ADDICT!!!!! YAY, you may attend a SA (Scrapbookers Annoymous) at any time. :ro
Hope your headache gets lost, and you feel much better for your 4hr stint at the kitchen.

MELISSA W - Congrats to you on your new job!!
Bios, yeah ok, I'm with Lesley C, don't have a clue. My brother is a microsoft engineer and talks computer lingo all the time, and I just look, you know, dear-in-the-headlight look!!! LOL

ALI - Glad the girls' adventure was over pretty much before it had started, and that no one was hurt. I remember when my girls 'ran away' (although a wee bit older). They got as far as the stop sign at the end of the drive, got scared and came home. I was watching the whole time with car keys in hand just incase they went further than the stop sign. LOL.
I wish we could grill out as this heat is for the dude downstairs (the man with the pitch fork), but some womble stole our grill last week, I was sooooooo ticked.
Wish we had a spray park here, I'd be living there. I keep telling my DH that if he wants to find me, I'll be in the freezers at Walmart staying cool!!

AMY - Great, great, great 4th of July photos!!!!
Just wrote the cheque for your million, now be very careful with it as it's made of the best rubber, so when it bounces, it bounces right into space!!!

NANCY - Have an amazing time with the grands!!

JANEEN - Bummer about getting called in on your day off, but think of it this way...a wee bit more money in your pocket!!!

ACU2H
Now off to upload and drop off some LOs.

BBL

CBTN

sarahmacnificent
Veteran
sarahmacnificent
In response to sasload4

DOO
Adventure @ 11 By Sarahmacnificent

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to jjfer

• jjfer Said:
  • AllAmy Said:

Jen- I missed you so much last month.

Finally almost cu so I'm just seeing this now Amy. I missed you so much too! It was SO much harder not going than I thought it would be. Definitely not missing another year!!

One year when I missed the WTTS, I felt so left out too. Hated that is was due to money. Now I know to save my pennies in anticipation for a yearly get away. I know for you it was scheduling. Not sure how to fix that one! See you in person next year!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:

AMY - Great, great, great 4th of July photos!!!!
Just wrote the cheque for your million, now be very careful with it as it's made of the best rubber, so when it bounces, it bounces right into space!!!

thanks. I'm sure my kids will enjoy playing ball/catch with the bouncy thing. That's almost as good, right?

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Welcome home Bev! Where you in Fredericksburg, Va with those storms? What part of TN do you live in?

No, I was on I-81; but the storm system was there as I was driving miles 175-205 (can you tell I drive this stretch a lot!). I live in the Tri Cities area of TN.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

And now I am acu. And the pics are begging to be scrapped. Hopefully will not lose electricity tonight--am hearing thunder. But we need rain.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

All Star game is on. Go American League!

Brendan is all packed. We have to head to airport tomorrow. He has a 6:30am flight on Thursday. he is so pumped. (sshhhh -- me too). He has a 1.5 hr layover in Vegas. Coming home he has a 4+ hour layover in Denver. He's a seasoned traveler but this is the first time alone.

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to ncyankee

Eileen--Hope Brendan has a great time and travels safely!

Hi everyone!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

doo

frozen yogurt By Twinlets Mama

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
All Star game is on. Go American League!

Brendan is all packed. We have to head to airport tomorrow. He has a 6:30am flight on Thursday. he is so pumped. (sshhhh -- me too). He has a 1.5 hr layover in Vegas. Coming home he has a 4+ hour layover in Denver. He's a seasoned traveler but this is the first time alone.

Brendan also has a good head on his shoulders. He can handle stuff.

BTW-Yay, NL!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Claggy

Holy cow - do I have a lot of tabs open!

Cassie and I had a nice long weekend at the lake, but getting on the internet other than on my phone was too much of a pain so I'm behind everywhere. Oy. I'm off again today - to Indiana this time, where I do have access to the internet, so hopefully I can work on commenting while I'm sitting in the salon chair.

Sorry that I don't comment on all I missed - I've read through it all, but my brain won't remember what I wanted to say.

I managed to do one LO while I was gone - just did the last finishing details this morning. - I doodled a little bit on the paper and on the pics - nothing adventurous - just some dots:

Spoiled By Dancinirish90

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Claggy

Morning ladies, DO2 then off to the gym and lunch with a friend...will BBL to get ACU

Wander By Tena E.

We Believe in Santa By Tena E.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Tena E.

Good afternoon!

Bev, I thought you were in the Tri Cities area. We are only about two hours apart. Glad you weren't in that big storm that hit Fredericksburg.

Edited by Anna C on 07-11-12 07:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Happy Birthday Tena!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Anna C

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TENA, may all your wishes come true

DOO

Best Memories By Sasload4

TFL

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to lpeeps

I got a lot of CU'ing done, but I have to finish a DT project today (nothing like waiting until the last minute...) so I'll try to finish up after Vacation Bible School tonight! (mms page 12)

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Pookahbot

Happy Birthday Tena! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Hey girls,

It's here! My silhouette is here! If I wasn't so exhausted and sick to my stomach I would plug it in and go to town! :/ hopefully I will rally tonight.

More later. Time for a post farmers market nap.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

JCI

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi jci,

Thanks for the birthday wishes, terrific day so far!

The site is very slow for me today so gonna catch up and log off for a while...see ya later

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to Tena E.

DO3
You are My everything By Msnickers2
I Like, Love, Want, Need it a lot! By Msnickers2
Hot Fun in the Summer Time By Msnickers2

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Happy birthday, Tena!

After all our hot, dry weather, now it's raining--about 3" in 3 days. Can't complain though--we really need the rain.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

Tena- Happy birthday girl!

Be You By AllAmy

Count the Waves By AllAmy

7 1/2 birthday By AllAmy

that last one includes doodling per last VLB challenge

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to AllAmy

Happy birthday, Tena!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to LesleyC

Happy Birthday, TENA!!!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Claggy

and the 2 2-pagers I did yesterday and today.
the Splendor of Autumn By AllAmy

Wild Cats By AllAmy

And now officially done with my Oregon/Washington trip album.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to AllAmy

I knew I forgot something I wanted to say this morning... Happy Birthday, Tena!!! I hope it was a great day

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to dancinirish90

happy, happy birthday Tena!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

oooo i'm starting to hear a bit of thunder, and its beginning to make me anxious: 1) because i'm hoping it'll turn into a storm that will bring enough rain to cool things off for the night, and 2) because there could be a storm. Ugh, sometimes i wish i wasn't so afraid of them!!

have a good night everyone, and see you again tomorrow!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• Twinlets Mama Said:
oooo i'm starting to hear a bit of thunder, and its beginning to make me anxious: 1) because i'm hoping it'll turn into a storm that will bring enough rain to cool things off for the night, and 2) because there could be a storm. Ugh, sometimes i wish i wasn't so afraid of them!!

have a good night everyone, and see you again tomorrow!

I used to love a good storm, but it seems these days we can't have one without major havoc!

Page 3 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics