Page 1 of 216 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Sorry we are now CLOSED. Invitation Only

This is a thread for grans of all ages to share their love of scrapbooking and/or other crafting projects. You MUST be a grandparent to join this thread and actively involved with scrapbooking or crafting projects. We love to chat about all kinds of things but it is PRIMARILY a scrapping thread. If you would like further information, please contact me.

When you put up your first post, please answer the following questions so we know a little bit about you.
1. Your first name
2. Your date of birth (Nope, year isn't necessary)
3. How many, if any, children? Tell us about them.
4. How many, if any, grandchildren? Of course you'll tell us about them!!
5. How long have you been scrapping? Paper, digi, hybrid?
6. Where do you live?
7. Any other hobbies?
8. And anything else you'd like to tell us!!

MEMBERS:

Tishd - Tishie - (BD 8-9)- MAINE
scrappin 2 - Cathe (3-18-1948)- ILLINOIS
memex9- Betsey - (BD 04-08-39)- FLORIDA
Chark - Char (BD 10/3/1956) - WASHINGTON STATE
Sunnydi - Di - (BD 3/3/1947) - WASHINGTON STATE
Bears99 - Jo - (BD)3/17) - NEBRASKA
cdjohnson - Cheryl (BD) 1/13/1966 - KENTUCKY
tneal40 - Teia - (BD 3/21) - OREGON
Oakhills - Ann - (BD 12/27/1944)- LOUISIANA
Geebaw - Pam (BD 8-18) TEXAS
Grandma Sue - Sue - MISSOURI
JoJonoons - JoJo (BD 8/25) - NEW HAMPSHIRE

New Challenge:
due August 31, 2013

Choose a layout you did for a Challenge (either on here or for another scrap site)... and use it as your Inspiration. Twist: use a piece of black ribbon on layout.

When you share your layout with us also share the layout you used for inspiration. It will be fun to see what changes (if any) you made.

***PREVIOUS CHALLENGE***

Celebrate By Scrappin 2

Milk cans & melons By Oakhills

Peas?? By Cdjohnson

POKER FACE By Tishd

Summertime Is Flip-Flops and Popsicles! By Memex9

Friends By Sunnydi

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 05:33 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Hey, here we are again! Thank you Cheryl for taking over the duties! Everything looks good and I will have the new challenge ready today!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT:

This group is now a collaborative effort. I will be the "running" the thread. I use this term loosely because it will be a "majority rules" thread. If things come up, we will discuss it and majority will decide NOT just me. TISH will provide us with weekly challenges which I will post to the front page and will put the layouts on there as they are completed. DI has agreed to take care of our secret sister mailings.

The thread will remain a grans only thread because that is the way everyone wanted it. The name remains the same. I see no reason to reintroduce ourselves unless we have new members join at some point. I will like to encourage EVERYONE to try and scrap and/or craft something at least one every couple of months after all this is a scrapping thread. PLEASE do continue to have other conversations as we all are FRIENDS and want to know what is going on in our lives.

I hope you enjoy the "new" thread and welcome any suggestions or comments at any time. Just remember, it will be up for a "majority decision" before we would make any major changes.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

OK....that one let me come here...so here we go. We have changed again! This is my third regime change since March 2009. LOL I hope we do not lose anyone.......! I know the last time we did have a few who were lost for days and days.....!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - I am going to keep checking on the old thread and making sure that everyone is moving to the new thread. I don't know why the link in the p.m. does not seem to work. I will see if I can figure that out. Glad to see you here!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

What no new wall paper or curtains???

Morning ladies... Today I take dgd to the dentist. This should be interesting since she screamed and clawed her mother last time. They said they will have to put her in a pappose (not sure if I spelled that right) to restrain her this time as she has two teeth that need to be sealed.

At 1pm I have to take the two little ones to parent classes with daughter. I get 3 hours of quiet time. I will have to take a taxi since dh truck is out of commission and he needs my car to get to work. Thank goodness for taxi's.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Teia - They had to put Maddie in one of those things to pull 2 teeth. She didn't like it but it kept her from slapping at everyone. Sorry about having to take the taxi. Hope your husband's truck is not out of commission for too long. I will say a prayer for her to be calm and peaceful at the dentist.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Ryan is coming to spend the day while his dad is at school. I will be checking in and out to see if everyone finds there way here.

Tish - I will check back later to see if you have posted a challenge yet for the front page.

I am still worried about Lori. I have friends that had power go out the same time as her but they were in eastern Kentucky and their power was restored yesterday.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

So far......sooo good....we have four who found the thread....this is good!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Ryan is coming to spend the day while his dad is at school. I will be checking in and out to see if everyone finds there way here.

Tish - I will check back later to see if you have posted a challenge yet for the front page.

I am still worried about Lori. I have friends that had power go out the same time as her but they were in eastern Kentucky and their power was restored yesterday.

My dd in Maryland got power yesterday.....but the other one also in Maryland is still without power....so its hard to say how that is working. It depends on what grid they are attached to....according to my dd Lisa....they basically live in the country, even though it is suburban Wash. D.C. it is really far out and quite the commute if you actually work in D.C. Scott and Ellen also live in the country, in a different county that Lisa, so its hard to say when theirs might be on......considered a suburb of Wash/Baltimore....both! LOL A long commute to both places in my opinion....but again, its a different world....many people are now traveling an hour and a half to work everyday in both of those cities.......who'd a thought??????? LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

The weather channel did say that there are still millions without power, and that it could be a week or more.......can you imagine????? Whew!! I don't know what city Lori is close to, but I know it is a small town, so maybe not high on the priority list. LOL

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Betsy to answer your question from the other thread.. The doc said she can not work if she wants a normal life without lots of pain. He called it severe RA which is to mean that it has advanced to a point that she will have pain even on meds so she has to limit her arm movements. She will be moving back to the USA when her hubby gets his visa (which should be some time this fall or early next year) not sure where they are going to move to yet, but not Oregon. She needs to be in a warm state.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Just read that Andy Griffith died this morning. He was such a wonderful actor!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Hey............I'm not lost.....

I was watching the weather station this a.m. and they showed the country....only cool place was in the Pac. N.W. 60's today.. kinda struck me as funny. We're here b.....ing about the clouds and cold and rain and the rest of the country is roasting... shame on us!!

Cheryl; thanks for moving us to new board.

Ladies, I'm leaving soon....be back Friday. Happy 4th and be safe, sane and enjoy the day. Happy Independence day.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

I read about Andy Griffith also Cheryl. 86 years old; how did that happen.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Teia; I bet your glad you dd will be back closer to you. I can understand her needing and wanting a warmer place than OR

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 07:29 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Enjoy Di!

Glad you see some have made their way here to the new thread!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 07:35 AM
In response to Tishd

Here is the challenge for the week...(thank you Betsey for the idea!)
Allowing a bit more time on this one due to the fact we have started a new thread, and some are not back from vacation yet.

Start date: Tuesday, July 3 and end date, Saturday, July 14th.

Here is one that I think would be really fun and different style for most of us in here.

Scraplift (Theme)

Just say it is a scraplift from...(the name of the artist) !!!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Edited by Tishd on 07-03-12 07:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Allowing a bit more time on this one due to the fact we have started a new thread, and some are not back from vacation yet.

Here is one that I think would be really fun and different style for most of us in here.

Scraplift (Theme)

I'm confused..... are we to scraplift the layout that the link took us to? The one with all the strips of sayings/papers?

OR can we scraplift anything we want??

thanks.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Di - I think she wants us to use the layout the link sends us to for scraplifting.

Tish - Challenge is on the first page and looks like fun!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 09:11 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Yes, the scraplift to the page the link took us to. You don't have to do it exactly like this...but this will be the lift.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Took rental car back this morning after dgd Annah's dentist appointment. She was better this time so I treated her to ice cream. They only charged me 197.84 for the windshield. that is less than my deductable so did not go through the insurance company.

Now its time for cleaning. dd is not going to parent class today so the kids and I will stay home and fold clothes and get food prepared for tomorrow...

Challenge looks interesting since I have tons of scrap paper everywhere in my scraproom lol

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

Scraplift (Theme)

Just a bit of explanation....the challenge is to do the scraplift from the one in the link. The reason for making sure the original artist gets credit is that it is only the right/polite thing to do....since we are all putting our LO's in our Galleries, it is the correct thing to give the original artist credit.......if we were the only ones to see it....it would not be such a big deal, but I think and it seems that many other do this, to give her credit is the acceptable thing. LOL OK????? I think this looks like fun...and for the paper scrappers what an opportunity to use scraps.....and those odd words and such.......I can't wait to do this and see the pages.....! I hope you all have fun with this one! It's time to let your frivolous side shine!@!!!!!!!!!

Actually here is the real page....in living color:

Summer 2012 By NikkiARNGwife

I just think this is fun.......!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 07-03-12 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

P.S. if anyone really needs scraps....let me know I can mail them out today.....LOL I have tons...I should photograph my scrap box, well boxes now, by size......

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - Yes, I think it looks like a good way to use those extra phrases and such. I really hadn't thought about it. I can't wait to give this one a try. I am either going to work on it this evening or tomorrow.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to cdjohnson

Power's on, phones working again...it's been a crazy few days, not to mention HOT....gas stations opening up one by one, some grocers running again...still a lot without power (including my bank), a lot of the downtown area out, in-laws still out, shop just got power late last night, ours came on around 11am this morning...Trees down all over, no real injuries...will be posting some photos when I get time...right now, this place is a PIG sty...laundry needs done, fridge needs scrubbed, carpet needs vacuumed...So I am off to make this place more tolerable~

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 11:18 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey...You know, I should try my frivolous side and do this in paper! This might be a bit of a challenge for me to do this in digi!

Thank you for doing the explanation.

Edited by Tishd on 07-03-12 11:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 11:20 AM
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:
Power's on, phones working again...it's been a crazy few days, not to mention HOT....gas stations opening up one by one, some grocers running again...still a lot without power (including my bank), a lot of the downtown area out, in-laws still out, shop just got power late last night, ours came on around 11am this morning...Trees down all over, no real injuries...will be posting some photos when I get time...right now, this place is a PIG sty...laundry needs done, fridge needs scrubbed, carpet needs vacuumed...So I am off to make this place more tolerable~

Thank God you and yours are all OK, Lori. I am so glad to see your post here! I will look forward to seeing some of your photo's.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 11:22 AM
In response to tneal40

Did you say you were having a big birthday party on the 4th Teia????

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Oh yeah... my dgs birthday is on the 2nd of July (last monday) but we always do up a huge party on the 4th for him cause USUALLY the whole family is here for that so he gets lots of attention on that day and he enjoys it. This year just his mom will be here and some family friends that come every year. I have lots to get done but finding it hard to get busy cause I have to clean house also... (hubby did not keep it picked up while I was gone) I almost have all the clothes folded that was on the couch when I got home. Kitchen is picked up. I need to clean out the fridge to make room for the food I will be fixing this evening and tomorrow morning.

dgd Annah bit her cheek (its still numb from dentist) she freaked out. Got her calmed down. she has a whole in her cheek now but its not a huge one just a small one... she is passed out on grandpas chair right now. Poor thing!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

Lori glad to hear your safe and doing well. Take some time to breathe hon I am with ya on the cleaning.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Lori - So happy to hear you are ok!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Have to go back and read...I see Lori has checked in....good deal...she is obviously with electric now.

Here's one of six I just put in the gallery.....I am trying to get my books caught up for Christmas, it seems like the more I do, the more I have to do....LOL

A Boy's World By Memex9

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to JustLori

Thankful that you are safe! I know the days ahead will be difficult with all the cleanup and I will certainly thinking of you and praying that you will be blessed with a huge measure of strength and endurance. It has been 13 years since we had a tornado destroy our property but there is no forgetting that overwhelming feeling of despair over where to start.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

BTW, I'm on board on the new thread!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to oakhills

cool 7/13 people have made it over to the new thread... thats more than half. We are getting there...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Betsey - Would you mind posting all the layouts you do here in thread? Sometimes they get overlooked if you only post one in here and others don't go into your gallery. Just a thought!

I sent a new p.m. to those you have not shown up in here yet that the link I sent does not seem to be working but the one in the old thread does. I have directed them to go there to get here.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cdjohnson

Just a reminder: I am not a gran.

You should've locked the door or looked at what the cat dragged in...

Now you are stuck with me, cuz I got the new link *she says smart alecky and sticks out her tongue*

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

OK.....it's just that I usually do not put them in the gallery until I have a few on the disc....its just easier for me....but that means I am always putting up a lot at one time.....but I will do it...since you asked me to! LOL

Prom Collage By Memex9

We're Having a Good Time! By Memex9

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:

So good to see your post!! I was praying for you!!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - The only reason I asked was because I don't want anyone to miss your beautiful layouts!!

Ann and Nancy - glad to see you made it to the thread. I am a little worried about Cathe. Hopefully, I will catch her on IM if she is having problems.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Spread Your Wings By Memex9

Prom Collage By Memex9

Cousins.... By Memex9

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

WHAT???????? we have an imposter in our thread???? nancy

Whatever shall we do????

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

Pretty LO's Betsey

Edited by tneal40 on 07-03-12 03:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Betsey - The only reason I asked was because I don't want anyone to miss your beautiful layouts!!

Ann and Nancy - glad to see you made it to the thread. I am a little worried about Cathe. Hopefully, I will catch her on IM if she is having problems.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Just typed an entire post that did not go and was deleted, and I am sick of this.....this has happened to me twice today.....could not get into the Gallery a while ago...anyone else having issues??????

Could just be the internet.......who knows....Anyway..basically I said I hate to load that many all at once......especially of the Prom which I am as sick of looking at by now as you are....LOL But that is what happens when you have to make prom pages for five books.....!

Ellen and the kids have gone down to the beach house........as their electric is still not on. They will stay there until it is....and I guess Scott will come home and get everything cleaned up.....the debris in the pool etc....it will no doubt have to be drained, cleaned etc.....with no electric for over a week....that can't be good. He will not be a happy camper that's for sure....LOL They were getting buckets of water out of the pool to flush the toilets....thank God for a pool huh?????

After all this prom stuff I am really sick of Aqua........and purple...do not look for me to use those colors for a long, long time....LOL

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to memex9

Thanks so much, everyone, for your concern and prayers...

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to JustLori

Hey Lori...glad you are oK........! It was a long time without electric and as hot as it is, I know it was grueling.....glad things will slowly get back to normal.....!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

And to my secret sister, whoever you may be.....I am laughing still at the card......and hmmmmmmmI know all your secrets huh?????? hmmmmmmmmm I don't know anyones secrets......LOL so I guess you will just have to slap me! I am the very best person to tell secrets to.......I forget most everything I hear or see almost everyday......LOL So the odds are, I don't remember the secrets anyhow!!!!!! the return addy is in Islip TN....is there such a place....:::::

Edited by memex9 on 07-03-12 03:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh yes...and I love the tags from annies shop...I know I will use those...thanks again.....its fun to get these unexpected surprises.....!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

WOW saw on the news where a suv went flying over a buckled highway in WI... Melted plastic post boxes, down trees and wires in Maryland. I hear we will be starting to get our high heat soon... will be nice after all this rain in OR. It will get the kids outside to play also.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

It actually rained for about 20 min. today but certainly NOT enough. The ground is still dry and looks like it never rained at all.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to cdjohnson

Betsey, some people are being told they won't get power back until as late as the 15th! Paul's parents still have no power...Chris' mother Nancy had a tree come down on her house...we will be re-building that bedroom soon...Everyone that has a generator is running it and sharing with as many neighbors as possible (we had ours going and ran a line to the older lady across the street...she is the one Paul stole the "cat woman" title from, lol)...at first, the nearest place to buy gas was about 10 miles away in a tiny little crappy town..they have THREE gas stations, and the lines of cars stretched for up to a mile and a half...Paul and I ended up driving to Zanesville (remember the wild animals incident) and getting gas there, as he also needed to buy a new bar for his chainsaw to get the two big tree branches taken care of that we lost (from the tree that hangs over our bedroom, but thankfully MISSED)...Slowly the gas stations have been re-opening as the companies have brought generators in to get them going...Only place we could buy food up until yesterday was a Meijer dept store...THEY were smart and trucked in a generator from Indiana at 2AM Saturday, once they realized just how hard we were hit. It's been an "adventure", I will say that much. OMG, I almost forgot to tell you...we went to Meijer Saturday afternoon to buy rope and clothespins, as our generator will run the washer, but not the dryer, until we get a 220 extension cord...THEY WERE SOLD OUT. THAT I hadn't expected, lol.

Ok...I really need to get crackin' again...it's been too hot to do much of anything without the electric, so I have plenty of catching up to do on housework...THANKFULLY, Paul decided it was time to put the window AC in! Usually, neither of us is much interested...but we're both on the verge of being ill due to the heat and humidity...can we say AHHHHHHH? lol

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 04:59 PM
In response to JustLori

Just stopping in tonight to say hello!

Lori, do you remember how to hang out clothes? Allen said yesterday he noticed clothes on our clothes line for the first time this year! My how that man pays attention! In all seriousness, i am glad you are all ok. I am sure clean up will take awhile!

Betsey, I can't say I have heard of Islip, TN, but that means nothing. I have heard of Memphis and Nashville though!!!

Cheryl, I made your Italian beef recipe today in my crockpot!

Did Cathe get lost in the shuffle????

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 05:04 PM
In response to Claggy

What???????????????you stuck out your tongue??????

Edited by Tishd on 07-03-12 05:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Tish - Cathe will be coming in. I talked to her on IM and she has the link. I LOVE that Italian Beef. I need to make it again soon.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

I'm here!!!!!

Lori --so, So glad you are safe. We were all very concerned.

Very busy day for me. In a nut shell:
Took Civic in for brakes, had to bring Rum home.
Mall with Carole-I got a cute Jones of NY red/white striped shirt.
Went to camera store and ordered 98 photos, can't get them until Thurs. after 5:00. I WILL be calling those gentlemen sooner than 5:00.
Bed Bath and Beyond with Rose to get Granny a more comfortable foam thing for her bed. She is all skin and bones at age 99.
Kohl's by myself but quickly as it was time to go home, get Rum and go get the car.
Grocery store -treated myself to red/white/blue flowers.
Home to make potato salad and get dinner at the same time. I can't multitask anymore!
Sat down at 7:30! and here I am.

Nancy you are Grandfathered in!

Di is gone so she won't see that I said Hello.

The challenge looks like fun.

Betsey nice los.

Cheryl thank you so much for taking the reins and getting us going.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to scrappin 2

Finally got back to my computer. My day sounds a little like yours, Cathe. I drove about 40 miles to get butterbeans to put in the freezer which dh helped me get washed, blanched and bagged. Had to make a quick stop at the grocery store while I was out and then fix dinner. We had a vegetable dinner of butterbeans, okra, fried green tomatoes, sliced ripe tomatoes and cornbread.

Printed my picture for the challenge...now to find some time to get the layout done!

Betsey, I understand your desire to finish the prom pics. I got that way with the recipe album I just finished and I only had one album to make! I only posted a few of the pages to my gallery because I just wanted to finish...did not want to photograph every page for the gallery.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to oakhills

Current situation here in Licking County, Ohio....at the close of the 5th day of power outage, we still have about half the county in the dark....Thankfully, we have crews from Alabama, Texas, and I don't know where else, helping get power restored....

And now, I'm off to get some SLEEP...

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• scrappin 2 Said:
I'm here!!!!!

Went to camera store and ordered 98 photos, can't get them until Thurs. after 5:00. I WILL be calling those gentlemen sooner than 5:00.
Bed Bath and Beyond with Rose to get Granny a more comfortable foam thing for her bed. She is all skin and bones at age 99.
Kohl's by myself but quickly as it was time to go home, get Rum and go get the car.
Home to make potato salad and get dinner at the same time. I can't multitask anymore!

Betsey nice los.

I'm not a grandfather, either. LOL!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:
Current situation here in Licking County, Ohio....at the close of the 5th day of power outage, we still have about half the county in the dark....Thankfully, we have crews from Alabama, Texas, and I don't know where else, helping get power restored....

And now, I'm off to get some SLEEP...

AEP sent a number of crews up there from OK. Keep the faith lady!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

Italian Beef? I need to see this recipe. Anything I can put in crock pot is happiness!

I've made deviled eggs, Patriotic Jell-O, coleslaw, baked beans and Ice Box Dessert. Chilled the watermelon, shucked the corn, prepped the salad fixings and picked up BBQ from our fave BBQ joint. It will be well over 100 tomorrow and too hot to stand over a grill-so we are cheating and I'll just reheat it-smoked brisket and a slab of ribs.

I love the 4th of JULY!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

Scraplift (Theme)

Just a bit of explanation....the challenge is to do the scraplift from the one in the link. The reason for making sure the original artist gets credit is that it is only the right/polite thing to do....since we are all putting our LO's in our Galleries, it is the correct thing to give the original artist credit.......if we were the only ones to see it....it would not be such a big deal, but I think and it seems that many other do this, to give her credit is the acceptable thing. LOL OK????? I think this looks like fun...and for the paper scrappers what an opportunity to use scraps.....and those odd words and such.......I can't wait to do this and see the pages.....! I hope you all have fun with this one! It's time to let your frivolous side shine!@!!!!!!!!!

Actually here is the real page....in living color:

Summer 2012 By NikkiARNGwife

I just think this is fun.......!!!!!

This is going to be FUN! Great challenge!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Claggy

Yummy! Wonder if I can make it to your house in time for dinner!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-04-12 04:33 AM
In response to Claggy

Good morning, and happy fourth! I have neen trying yo post for one hour! Pad tells ne no internet connection!

I made a big boo boo. I took an ambien at 2:00 an now my eyes willl not focus! We are gettingnshowers!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Happy 4th everyone!! It is going to be 102 here today but dh says he is barbecuing the chicken anyway. I told him that was fine but I would be doing the INSIDE fixings. We are going to have BBQ Chicken, baked beans, potato salad, and home made ice cream. I am toying with the idea of making blackberry cobbler to go with the ice cream.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-04-12 05:03 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, homemade vanilla ice-cream hits the spot! I can still remember when my husbands family used to make it with the old fashioned ice cream maker! Ice, rock salt etc, and churn, churn churn!

We have nothing planned here! Max and Abbi just left with their mom..

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

The only reason to be outside today, in most of the country, is if you have a pool. LOL Sounds like you all have great plans......have fun!!!!

I think Karen, Matt, Jeremy, Ally and maybe Reilly went to Busch Gardens today......the water rides will be the theme of the day I am sure. Hannah and Sarah are at the Condo with their other grandparents and cousins.....soooooo I will have just a normal day. Nothing going on here! All 4th of July celebrations were last Sunday......Stupid Florida!!!!! LOL

Good morning to everyone......been up a long time, coffee is ready......I am watering my front lawn, only! It's after 9, but I am almost done...so I will risk it. (The fines I mean) Surely no one is out on the 4th of July!!!! (she says knowing full well this is exactly the way one gets caught! LOL)

Sounds like everyone has a great meal planned....my only dilemma is to decide which house to go to for dinner.....LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

BTW Did Cathe ever find us??????? What about Char????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Finally got back to my computer. My day sounds a little like yours, Cathe. I drove about 40 miles to get butterbeans to put in the freezer which dh helped me get washed, blanched and bagged. Had to make a quick stop at the grocery store while I was out and then fix dinner. We had a vegetable dinner of butterbeans, okra, fried green tomatoes, sliced ripe tomatoes and cornbread.

Printed my picture for the challenge...now to find some time to get the layout done!

Betsey, I understand your desire to finish the prom pics. I got that way with the recipe album I just finished and I only had one album to make! I only posted a few of the pages to my gallery because I just wanted to finish...did not want to photograph every page for the gallery.

Oh MY.....wish I had been at your house for that dinner.....sounds wonderful....I love everything you fixed......especially the fried green tomatoes....yummmmmy. I probably would drive 40 miles for butter beans too.....LOL I wish we had some produce stands here that were real, fresh veggies from the local gardens....but no such luck...most of it at this time of year comes from Mexico or Georgia......and since the drought, not much coming from Georgia. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I will answer my own question....I finally read backwards and see that Cathe found us....this is good.......is anyone else missing?????? Sue and Char????? Who Else???? Well Jo...but she is in Alaska......!!!!! She should be back by the weekend right???????

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Morning all and Happy 4th to you!! Our High today will be 78 some clouds (it rained last night) I will sent that over to all who needs it. I am so tired of the rain during my summer.

I have chicken marinating in the fridge, potatoe salad made, baked beans done, hotdogs thawed, hambergers thawed. Still have to make the pasta salad and the amorisa salad.

Ooops kids just woke up... got to run and put the cinnamon rolls in the oven.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

Betsey, we are fortunate to have a couple of produce markets reasonably close. The one I went to yesterday is in the middle of several fields of peas and beans so I see the produce growing right there! I call ahead and reserve what I want because everything sells out rather quickly. Dh and I both grew up in rural Louisiana where we ate homegrown vegetables all summer. Fried chicken or roast was only for "Sunday dinner"! My family always froze and canned all summer long to have vegetables in the winter. Audie (dh) and I were talking yesterday about all the ways I do this now that were the ways my mom taught me. Just wish we were healthy enough to do the gardening ourselves but neither of us can tolerate the heat anymore.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:
I'm here!!!!!

Betsey nice los.

I'm not a grandfather, either. LOL!

Really???? You are so funny!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

HAPPY 4th OF JULY Everyone!!

A special Hello to my Secret Sister.

It is so hot here. I'm not going to the parade. It doesn't seem like a holiday yet. It will when my sister arrives with her family, Casey is coming now, (YHEA) and our good friends are coming. Nance is a PT and has to work today. She gets off at 3:00. Our meal will be at 5:00

Ann I know what you mean about not being able to tolerate the heat. That is nice that you can call ahead and order your veggies.

Betsey glad you saw me. I watered my 5 tomato plants, and 5 flower pots. We don't water the grass.

So sorry you NW people are getting rain.

Tish did you say it was rainy there too? or was that yesterday?

Lori thanks for stopping in.

Sure hope Char comes in soon.

Hi Teia and Nancy.

Di is away, but Hello --if you check in.

When does Josie return anyone know? I wonder if she'll get to see fireworks from the ship?

Cheryl your ice cream sounds delicious. i have Mom's electric ice cream maker. Just yesterday I was thinking I should clean it up and use it. We had a crank one when I was little. So much fun.

Have a great day.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori

Posted a pic of the tree that dropped 2 BIG branches in my yard...the tree hangs over the bedroom, so we were very lucky the branches decided to fall AWAY from the house!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JustLori

Just got the word...

MATTHEW IS BEING RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! Mom and Dad are just waiting for the paperwork!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to JustLori

Lori - GREAT news about Matthew!!! I am sure he and his parents are ready to be back in their own surroundings.

Betsey - I know Char got my messages about the thread moving. I am not sure why she hasn't been in yet and posted. I will send her a message on facebook today and see if she is just busy or what.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-04-12 08:09 AM
In response to memex9

Well I was trying to decide which house to go to also, Betsey! Just a normal day here for us, in fact this is one of the strangest 4th's I can remember. I hardly hear any traffic going by! I am sure later on, we will hear some fireworks going off!

It is days like this that kind of make me realize I am growing older and the things we used to do on the forth are long gone! My parents (who always had the big picinic), our children have grown up and have things of their own going on now!

I may put in a movie this afternoon, pop open a bottle of coca cola and veg! (Yes Cathe, I am a coke drinker when I drink soft drinks)

If I were smart, I would check out the latest layouts, Betsey's and Cheryls and catch up there and then scrap.

Edited by Tishd on 07-04-12 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-04-12 08:11 AM
In response to JustLori

I am so glad to hear little Matthew will be leaving the hospital today and going home with his parents. It is amazing how quickly little ones heal.

I saw your tree, Lori, on facebook. Wowie, it almost hit your house. We had one that just missed our house like that years ago. Still have the old stump!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-04-12 08:12 AM

Cathe, we woke up to very overcast skys here and it is still overcast and about 75 degrees.

I guess it is kind of a good day for the parades and festivities....not boiling hot!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-04-12 08:14 AM
In response to oakhills

Ann, your post made me soooooooooooo hungry! Now it is off to see what I have for left overs from yesterday!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to JustLori

Looked for the storm picture on your gallery but did not find it.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Lori...that is great news about little Matthew. Praying that he continues to improve.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Tish - I wish I had your weather. It is 98 degrees with heat index of 102!!

Ann - I think Lori's pictures are on facebook.

A friend brought me some green beans from her garden so I am going to fix them along with our other stuff tonight.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-04-12 11:24 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Just playing a bit this afternoon. Dropping off.

AMERICAN FREEDOM By Tishd

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

It is getting cloudy and thundering but, I think we are just being teased with the illusion that it might rain. I just finished cooking and we are ready to eat. Ended up with BBQ Chicken breasts, green beans, baked beans, potato salad and homemade vanilla ice cream.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

Waiting for my dd and sil to come for supper...yes, that's what we call the evening meal here in the South! Non-traditional meal since no one wanted to get outside over a hot grill. We are having chicken enchilada casserole, refried beans, chips and salsa with ice cold watermelon for dessert.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to oakhills

Everyone is gone. My floor is sticky. Must have been a fun party.

We had about 17 people. It was fun having Annie's (my niece) in laws come. Her mil, Pam brought delicious Italian sausages in marinara sauce and apple pie, and chips and salsa. Pam is so likeable. Her husband is very nice too.

Casey was here with Kian and Rayn. Poor Sonny had to work. The kids swam and swam. Kian got so worn out he took a nap.

I didn't go the parade and am not going to the fireworks. It is still 92 degrees! Tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be 101.

I'm going to facebook and see if I can find Lori's photo.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Lori --Whew! that tree coming down was so close to the house! Sure happy it didn't fall on the house.

Really happy to hear that little Matthew is going home.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

We have had a wonderful day!! The homemade ice cream really hit the spot on this hot day. Priscilla should be home around 10:00 or so after the fireworks. I work the next two days so I will only be here in the evenings. DH has to work Saturday so I will have the whole day to myself to scrap. I am going to work on the challenge.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

Great news about Mathew.. whoohooo....

Happy 4th to my Secret Sis. I am sitting here listening to the fireworks that are going off down by the water front and watching the ones on TV... lol grandkids are in bed already... they had a LONG and tiring day.

I hope daughter in Hawaii is having a nice 4th. Will hear from her tomorrow.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to JustLori

• JustLori Said:
Just got the word...

MATTHEW IS BEING RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! Mom and Dad are just waiting for the paperwork!!!

Yippee! Hooray!!! Spending the 4th out of the hospital is cause for celebration!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-05-12 03:25 AM
In response to Claggy

Good morning! Coffee and muffins ready! Another cloudy day here!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Betsey, we are fortunate to have a couple of produce markets reasonably close. The one I went to yesterday is in the middle of several fields of peas and beans so I see the produce growing right there! I call ahead and reserve what I want because everything sells out rather quickly. Dh and I both grew up in rural Louisiana where we ate homegrown vegetables all summer. Fried chicken or roast was only for "Sunday dinner"! My family always froze and canned all summer long to have vegetables in the winter. Audie (dh) and I were talking yesterday about all the ways I do this now that were the ways my mom taught me. Just wish we were healthy enough to do the gardening ourselves but neither of us can tolerate the heat anymore.

Ahhhhhhhh yes Ann ........you reminded me of childhood days when produce stand were plentiful, and even when we had our own garden....and the canning and later freezing of veggies and fruit.....and of course....Fried Chicken or PotRoast was the Sunday meal. Nothing like my mothers fried chicken......! LOL I just miss the fresh veggies that are grown here, not imported from Mexico, Costa Rica etc.....LOL My neighbor has a small garden, but it is over for now......he will plant again in Sept, and then again in Feb/March! Wonderful tomatoes, lettuce and several veggies....different each time. LOL

Thanks for the little trip down memory lane.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-05-12 04:11 AM
In response to Tishd

Other than the clouds!!!!!! It's a wonderful day!!!!!!
Counting down the days until we leave for NH for the wedding! I need to make sure Allen's suit jacket is clean ( the jacket he will wear for about 30 minutes! )

Has anyone started the challenge yet!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Good Morning all....thanks for coffee Tish...just made some myself...so we have plenty of coffee now!!!!! LOL

I bet you are getting excited to go to the wedding...I am sure it will be not only lovely, but fun and heart-warming.

I have three cardinals at my birdbath right now....sure wish I could photograph them......but as soon as I open the door, of course they are gone.......the window has a screen in it, and then the screened porch, so photos do not do well through all of that....LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Lori...happy to hear about Matthew going home...great news!!!!!

Cathe....you are right....sticky floors equal good times.....LOL

Cheryl.....your menu sounded divine.....I did finally make some macaroni salad, and hot dogs for my 4th of July feast! LOL

And to those of you in this horrid heat wave...stay cool....take care of yourselves.....if you have a pool, stay in it....LOL For a change it is actually cooler in Florida than the rest of the country......except possibly Maine and the PCNWW......LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning!

It is supposed to get to 103 today!

Rum and I watched the Rockford fireworks on TV. It was mentioned that it cost 63,000 dollars! We haven't gone downtown for the fireworks for 20 years or more. I told Rum that next year I'd like to go. It was really impressive. The little towns of Winnebago have fireworks, but they are nothing compared to Rockford's. Cherry Valley postponed theirs because of dryness. I told Rum I'd like to go when they have them.

I have 2 icky pots and a corning Ware dish to clean up. I have to dump the watery grease from the pot we par-boiled the brats in. ICK!...and I have to wash the kitchen floor.

I have a couple new topics to scrap. One is that Casey said Rayn is using the work "literally" all the time. Of course that is something Casey says.

It is really weird that it is cooler in Florida.

Tish I keep forgetting the date of the Wedding. have you found a dress yet? I had to have Rum's suit cleaned for Clint and Kelly's wedding. The shoulders were all dusty.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 07-05-12 06:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-05-12 05:52 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Good Morning all....thanks for coffee Tish...just made some myself...so we have plenty of coffee now!!!!! LOL

I bet you are getting excited to go to the wedding...I am sure it will be not only lovely, but fun and heart-warming.

I have three cardinals at my birdbath right now....sure wish I could photograph them......but as soon as I open the door, of course they are gone.......the window has a screen in it, and then the screened porch, so photos do not do well through all of that....LOL

Betsey! Yes, excited to go to the wedding. It will be a nice weekend get-a-way, and I am happy to see my son finally take a bride. It seems nice to see a couple so in love! And as an extra bonus, there are 25 of my close family that will be there!!!

Are you still eating your yogurt? I have found a kind that I absolutely love. It is a greek yogurt..Chobani Pineapple! Yummy! I usually keep a big container of Strawberry on hand for Tim and Max, but I like the pineapple the best!

We love it when the cardinals come to the feeder. We have a pair, and then one day I did see three, so...there probably is another female lurking around someplace that I do not see. I love to hear their whistle!

Page 1 of 216 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics