Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Tonight will be fun Betsey; as will tomorrow. Looking forward to a pics.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Hi Ann; that's a lot of work and very nice of you to volunteer. I like Lara's thinking; great motto.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Dropping off another:

Girl By Cdjohnson

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Got my errands done and lots of neon stuff from the $$ store. Amazing what they have, lol.

While I was in the shower I heard the dogs going crazy....came downstairs and found a very large cedar hat on my porch. The kind you see people wearing in the rice paddies. No note, just the hat. It is very well made. I shall have dgd take my photo in it!

It wasn't me. How odd though.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Just checking in, I have been in a blah, weepy kind of mood today. I am going to try and scrap, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll read. BBL

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
The house is quiet. dh is blue tapping the trim so I can paint it later. Food shoppin in the morning then painting, then carpet cleaning while everyone is out of the house.

Won't you be happy when it's all done...rhetorical ?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I ran errands/shopped for 4 hours today...7 stops; whew I'm tired.

Dale was over at DAnielle's today helping her hang shelving in the laundry room when the door bell rang. Danielle ran down and found Dori at the open front door...no body there. She closed, locked the door. went back upstairs and soon they heard the door bell again...she ran down and answered the door and there stood Dori "I'm home.". Stephen was home today and had the garage door open and Dori discovered she could go out and around to the front door.... she's a teaser, she is. (thanks for letting me share...I know you all have grandkids that do cute things also).

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Oh....and the inside door to the garage got locked...haha.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

Cheryl Adding my prayer for you and Kayrol.

Josie Sorry your chemo treatment has to be done so often. Thank God for modern medicine though. You are with us.

Tish (on the chemo) I love your attitude. I can picture Alan entertaining all the nurses. Rum said that when he works out at the hospital he thinks the nurses are always glad to see him. He said some people come in and don't talk and are so blah. Rum likes to tease the nurses and get everyone laughing.

I sure missed all you guys for a day and a half!

I could write pages about how cute the kids were.
Making the rolled out - cookie cutter cookies was so funny.

My dh is golfing tomorrow with the college group. We women will do something. Judy and I are going to the open house of the lady who was on "Pickers". Hope it is interesting.

Ann- Love Lara's attitude

Char funny hat story. Yes I think the bear should have it.

Betsey-thinking of you as you enjoy the weekend and the shower

Tish-chipmunk in the house. Doug and Charity has a squirrel twice in there old house and a bat too.

Di-hope you don't get Dori's cold. Kian has one too. I woke up 3 times last night when he coughed. He is at the tail end of his though.

Teai- so glad you got help with the painting.

Think I'll post before it disappears.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I ran errands/shopped for 4 hours today...7 stops; whew I'm tired.

Dale was over at DAnielle's today helping her hang shelving in the laundry room when the door bell rang. Danielle ran down and found Dori at the open front door...no body there. She closed, locked the door. went back upstairs and soon they heard the door bell again...she ran down and answered the door and there stood Dori "I'm home.". Stephen was home today and had the garage door open and Dori discovered she could go out and around to the front door.... she's a teaser, she is. (thanks for letting me share...I know you all have grandkids that do cute things also).

Well that is kind of scary. Kian did that when they moved (come to think of it). He didn't ring the doorbell, but was going out on his own.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to scrappin 2

Di.. yeah like when is it ever OVER?? muahahahaha

Cathe... yeah if you say taking 10 mintues out of your busy computer playing time to put up 4 strips of blue paint tape help.... I love the man but he has no idea. OOOO and he asked how come it was not done... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (we need a man slappin icon)

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Well, think I am scrapped out for tonight!! Not sure if I will be in to say good morning since we are going to the farm. Depends on whether I sleep or get up early. Nighty night!!

bears99
Diva
bears99

good evening everyone....and good-night to some of you!!!

Ann...I, too, love your daughters attitude. I try really hard to follow that as well!

SOOOOOOOO glad you had a great time with your grandkids, Cathe! Aren't they fun!!

Betsey, I am looking forward to your account of the weekend and the shower!

Wasn't there a mystery package going around at one time???????? Where is it?????? anybody know?????

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
good evening everyone....and good-night to some of you!!!

Ann...I, too, love your daughters attitude. I try really hard to follow that as well!

SOOOOOOOO glad you had a great time with your grandkids, Cathe! Aren't they fun!!

Betsey, I am looking forward to your account of the weekend and the shower!

Wasn't there a mystery package going around at one time???????? Where is it?????? anybody know?????

I sent it off to Char over month ago... not sure if she has mailed it out or not to the next person.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Tish, buttermilk pie is a custard style pie. I had some for dessert at a restaurant yesterday and couldn't resist making one. Mine is not as smooth and pretty as the restaurant one but I think it will be very tasty.

Will be getting up early and heading to the women's conference so I will have to catch up on everyone later in the day.

nitey nite

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to oakhills

calling it a nite ladies... time to go watch some Dark shadows on my ipad I think....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-06-12 04:06 AM
In response to tneal40

Top of the morning to you! Coffee is ready and I have some jelly donuts and muffins for any takers. Oh yes, Captain Crunch cereal and Raisin Bran Nut! (this is on hand for my visitors this weekend!

Di, Dori was so cute! This sounds very much like our kitty. He would go out the front door and come around to the back door to come back in! LOL

Little ones getting out like that can be a problem! So glad you locked the doors.We have had stories in the newspaper recently of a toddler getting out of the house and wandering around the neighboorhood with just a diaper as the parent slept!

Can't wait to see some baby shower pictures.

I have lots to do today so will say good bye for now!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Watermelon Fruit Salad By Memex9

Here is the Fruit Salad which all the girls made last night for the baby shower......Watermelon, blueberries, strawberryies, cantelope,raspberries and green and red grapes. It was a hilarious evening with all granddaughters involved....Sarah, Hannah, Hillary, Rachael Amanda, and even Ally got into the act when they had her "sculpt the cantelope head to look like Lilly" he he he.....what a riot it was......!All of them, plus Karen, Dave, Lisa, Jeff, Kim and Matt into my little house!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

baby shower 2 By Memex9 Here is Lisa's shot...the other is Sarah's from her phone! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Di.. yeah like when is it ever OVER?? muahahahaha

Cathe... yeah if you say taking 10 mintues out of your busy computer playing time to put up 4 strips of blue paint tape help.... I love the man but he has no idea. OOOO and he asked how come it was not done... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (we need a man slappin icon)

Teia....as my Mother used to say, "you are wishing your life away".......you are so focused on the end of the tunnel you are missing the joy in the trip!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies..........we are alive and well here in New Port Richey, but I am fast reaching the end of my patience. Truly. I knew this was a bad idea...........I am just battered. Let me just say, I hope none of you ever experience what I have in the past two evenings.......My dd Lisa, may be 52, but she truly needs professional help.....she is the master of zingers......and leaves me breathless much of the time....between her remarks about her brother, his children, his wife and the ones directly related to my "parenting skills" I feel battered and bruised........so far, I am able to keep my mouth shut and not start anything......but when my dgd Hillary, congratulates her Motherby saying she's proud of her for keeping her mouth shut, and "not being confrontational", it makes me sick to my stomach......I am truly ready to run away from home today. Do you think they would miss me at this baby shower! I am soooooo over it! We had so much fun last night, watching all the girls, including Lisa, and then all the zingers this morning ab out Jeff, and family, just make me sick........Monday morning can't come soon enough for me.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

After reading the above post.....I guess maybe my parenting skills should be in question.....I obviously failed miserably in the raising of this daughter. Seriously!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl....I hope this new day finds you feeling better......I am sending you a hug.......and saying prayers.....if that is not working......the xanax is the next best thing!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Betsy, your mother may be right. I was tired and frustrated yesterday and just felt it all piled on me. I told dh that when our son graduates I want to move from Salem... He likes this house. The rent is resonable and he has his back yard for the garden and BBQ in the summer. But I need some distance from daughter.

Got an email from my dd Beckie (she is the sailor) she is out in the Ocean somewhere. I watched the movie Final Countdown. Its about the Nimitz going back in time to Dec 6th 1941. I accually walked on the flight deck last year when it was in dry dock. The ship is HUGE... and so many levels. I did hit my forehead on a bulkhead though lol

Edited by tneal40 on 10-06-12 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
After reading the above post.....I guess maybe my parenting skills should be in question.....I obviously failed miserably in the raising of this daughter. Seriously!

NO. you did not fail. She's just being petty and ?jealous? I have a sis in-law that 'zings' after a gathering and I started saying to her years ago "for every neg you say I want a positive." She shuts up around me now.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Well I have Dori's cold; my style of course...sore throat and hope it stops there. We're having a dinner party here tomorrow. sigh.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 07:58 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Good morning grams!

Off to the town of Buckley for the girls cheer. It was SOOOO cold last night, we left right after half time.

BETSEY I am so sorry your NOT so dd is being a b-witch! I too have a sister who loves to zing me. She has told me that she is jealous of me and knows she is being mean but can't help herself sometimes. She says it is a hard thing to break herself of. BUT is is very hard to remember that when that zinger hurts. I say take her aside before she leaves and TELL her that she HURTS your feelings!! DO IT!!!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 07:59 AM
In response to charK

TEIA....you can RUN but you CANNOT hide....they will always find you!!!! lol

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 08:00 AM
In response to charK

DIANA gargle with warm salt water and HOT tea!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to charK

Char yes but since she has no drivers licenses and no bus goes out there.. I can have some peace :0)

Betsy.. I grew up with my oldest brothers wife we lived down the road from each other. So she knows me better than I do.. also she knows all of the family. Her and my brother were bf and gf for years. No zingers from her. My other older brother's wife is from germany and she keeps him in line so well we all love that lady. so no zingers there. My little brother has passed away and his wife kept her kids from us for about 8 years so I do not know them to well but now that they are adults, I am learning about them. I have told them stories about their dad when he was younger. No zingers there.... but me and my sister zinger each other all the time.. not in a mean way but in a playful way. She is jealous of my creative side and I am jealous of her ability to keep an organized house so well.

I would explain to her that was not the way you raised her and you would appreciate it if she kept her hurtfull comments to herself. I have had to referee my girls sometimes with arguements. I totally agree with the if you cann't say something nice, do not say nuffin. Besides your the mom.. put your foot down and its YOUR house.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Home from the visit to my inlaws' farm. DH wanted to stop by his sister's grave after our visit and then took me out to eat when we got back to town. DH's mother wasn't feeling very well today and goes back for more chemo on Wednesday. I am going to try and scrap.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Witches Brew Tag By Cdjohnson

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-06-12 02:31 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

There is nothing wrong with your parenting skills, Betsey! All parents makes mistakes, well, I think they do, if not, God Bless Them! There are many things in my life I wish I could do over and then there are things in my life that I would not trade for all the tea in China!

You must be one tired woman tonight. Not only have you been cleaning for a couple of weeks, you have also been working five days a week too.

I know what you are referring to when you say zingers. I have been on the receiving end of them also, and they hurt. They hurt big time and you just suck in up, and keep your chin up and someday hope your own children will realize what raising a family entails.

I am feeling kind of wiped out right now myself. My house is clean and my two pans of lasagna are in the refrigerator ready for tomorrow. I have the fixings for the tossed salad and I will have my dil make it.

They called and said they will be later than they thought. The had a college soccer game to attend of Chelsea's before coming to Maine. The game went into double overtime and Chelsea scored the winning goal. Bless her heart! Woot, Woot, Woot!!!! Grandmother has bragging rights! LOL

If we can't sit up until they get here, I will leave notes for them!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-06-12 02:33 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I hope your scrapping is good therapy for you. I love the witches tag! Excellent!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-06-12 02:35 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Wow, I had so much to say, and now my head is tired and drawing a total blank right now.

I need to clean myself up or my family will take one look at me, turn around and walk out the door!

Just kidding!!! I am so excited over their coming!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Tish - Yes, the scrapping takes my mind off things. I am actually looking forward to going back to work so I don't have so much time to sit and think!! WOOHOO for Chelsea

Betsey - I agree that there is nothing wrong with your parenting skills!! Everyone makes the decisions they think are best at the time, right or wrong. I am sorry you are having to deal with hurtful things.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off again:

Trick or Treat By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Tish - Just so you don't think I am ignoring the challenge on this site, I am going to work on it but am waiting for some bling to arrive that I ordered from Peachy Cheap.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Di - You gave me the inspiration for the blue in this layout behind the lucky 8 punch!!

Dropping off:

Today is fun By Cdjohnson

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 05:52 PM
In response to cdjohnson

We froze last night and roasted today. It was so hot! Got there and NO bleachers and none of us brought chairs. So I stood and finally sat on the ground and kept getting ankle cramps. Who gets ankle cramps??

We were all hot and crabby by the time we left.

dd is upstairs in MY room watching a movie with the girls. The Saint is watching football down here.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to charK

What a busy day. The golf group got together. Judy and i went to see the lady's private quarters. She was on the Pickers. It was a fund raiser for the Children's Home.

It was so cold Judy and I didn't go to the craft fair. We went to Ricci's house about 3:00. Then the men came home. The men reminiscence about the college days. I wish I'd had a tape recorder. We ordered pizza. It was a fun day.

Betsey--DON't even think you weren't a good mom!!! Sometime kids just turn out strange. Don't let her bully you.

Tish- lots of work to make the lasagna ahead of time, but tomorrow will be sweet. Yhea for Chelsea.

Cheryl glad you got through today.

Char sorry you froze and were hot all in the same weekend.

Rather tired. Hi to everyone!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

Just toooooo funny I just saw the Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp in it.. and I am watching the 1967 black n white (starting to get to color now) version on Netflix. The show is so funny!!

I got the baseboards painted today, went food shopping submitted ONE of my assignments (still one to go and will finish that tomorrow) Tomorrow dh takes stuff to dump and I try and steam clean the rug in my bedroom. So I may have my bedroom next week. Still no curtains yet though... I keep forgetting to take the messurements of the window before I leave to go shoppin. lol

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

Char no one said the weather in the PNW was perdictable lol... I have seen every seaon in one day. Sun, rain, hail, snow, lighting... then back to sun again. Mother Nature has a werid since of humor.

Tish I am not much into soccor but way to go Chelsea. Hope you get some relaxin time tomorrow.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

GOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! woot woot

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

U of W is getting tromped.... by Teia's Ducks.

Dale is bedding Dori down then I'm heading straight to bed.

Char is right; it was freezing overnight and 75 in the sunshine today.

ni ni

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

The Huskers lost to Ohio.....big time! They acted like they had forgotten how to play football...had three passes intercepted and all of them turned into touchdowns for Ohio....if those hadn't happened it would have been a MUCH easier game to lose! lol

EXTRA HUGS to BETSEY. I hope will all of my heart you will realize and understand that your daughter is and has been making her OWN choices for a long time now and you were NOT a bad parent. Every parent does the best they can with the information they have at that time....each decision we make is that way...and you know all this! We are preaching to the choir here, Betsey.....and we want you to know that each one of us is behind you all the way...holding you up through this weekend. I agree with Cathe...don't let her bully you!!! I know she is your daughter and you love her dearly, but I don't think letting her run down the rest of the family is acceptable either! Use love and kindness, but tell her to stop! That's my two cents worth...

Cheryl....thinking of you and your dh today....lots! hugs to you.

Char..don't you just hate it when you freeze and then roast! I LOVE this season of the year, but often when we are driving right now we run the heater in the early morning and at night and in the daytime it's the air conditioner!! What would have been worse for me would have been the lack of seating! I can't believe they didn't have SOME kind of bleachers!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Di...SO sorry you are 'under the weather'. Kari has been sick most of the week so I am REALLY hoping we don't all share it! I think that is hoping for too much, but one can dream...

Tish...4 eggs on the floor huh! It did make me laugh because it reminded me of a story I've heard my dad and brother tell many times. My dad had a hired man who had a wife and two boys and she was not the best cook in the world even on a good day. Sometimes she would cook for my dad and brother if they were working cattle or something because my Mom was a school teacher and gone all day from home. Anyway, one day during dinner (the noon meal) as the men were eating the chocolate cake she casually mentioned that she had dropped the eggs for the cake on the floor but since she was able to pick them up "without too many shells in them" she had gone ahead and used them in the cake!! Dad said he looked down at the floor and it DEFINITELY wasn't one you'd want to even think about eating from!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

Well it's sunday morning I am here coffee is ready......I will need the whole pot today I think........Lisa woke me up to tell me that she ahd Hillary were leaving and that she had read what I wrote on here, and I needn't worry, I would never see her again. And then they were gone........! Sigh!

It's finally over, she had the last word......and I am sad but relieved. Trying to have a relationship with her has been tedious for the past 8 years....and it's the way she wants it.......and this time she will have her wish. I truly don't have the energy to go through this anymore......enough is enough.

She actually got on my computer this morning, and read what I wrote on here and that was what she said to me......that I was seeing her for the last time.........! She told me to have a nice life!!!!! and left....I got out of bed to try and talk to her, but she slammed the door and was gone...I don't have any idea who picked them up or where they went....and at this point I don't care.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - I am SO SORRY that your weekend ended this way with Lisa!! I really have no words of wisdom as I have never had a child treat me this way but know it would hurt tremendously. There does come a time when one has to say enough is enough and just go on and that sounds like what you are doing.

Today is my sister's birthday so we are going out to eat after church. She is supposed to pick the restaurant so not sure where we are going. She watches a lot of movies on her Kindle Fire so I got her one of the cases that has a stand on it so she doesn't have to hold it while she watches movies. I am also brining cupcakes for dessert as a surprise!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl....thanks for your kind words and thoughts....and I hope you have a great time with your sister........and she enjoys her birthday. Cupcakes sound wonderful.........and what a great gift. Hang in there.........and enjoy your day!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl.......thanks for the light-bulb that you made go on in my head......" I need to talk to my sister, Susan." I have done that.....we have talked twice today........and I feel soooo much better......you mentioned going out to lunch with your sister, and I realized that I needed to talk to mine......so Thank you!

When in doubt......talk to your sister.......that's my advice for today!!!!! LOL

Also, I am so glad you all enjoyed the watermelon fruit baby carriage.....it was a big hit.....and they had so much fun making it......One of the best times of the weekend. LOL

I will try to focus on those moments and let the rest go. Thanks ladies.......!

Edited by memex9 on 10-07-12 10:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - Sometimes sisters DO make things better!! Glad you and your sister talked and that it helped. I bet is was fun making the watermelon baby carriage. It was just adorable.

We ended up going to eat Chinese after church and the bakery did not have the cupcakes I wanted to I opted for sugar cookies with smily faces made on them with different colored icing. I forgot my camera at home so I didn't get any pictures!! Off to scrap until Sunday Night Football gets underway.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 01:10 PM
In response to memex9

Hi ladies! Part of the family have left, and Dennis, Lisa, McKenzie, Courtney, Allen and I are all watching New England and Denver go at it.

I am exhausted, mentally and physically. Family did not get here until about 10:30 pm last night and we all stayed up and munched and talked until 12:30 am!!!!

Today i am weary, and it is just from being over stimulated and sleeping in a different bed. I am glad everyone is watching the game until I get my second wind!

Betsey, i am heartsick for you and what you must be going through with daughter. I am thankful you have us to talk to as well as your sister. I am so so sorry the weekend ended like this for you.

There are times when life does not seem fair. I hate that this happened and you do not have someone close by there to lean on and give you moral support. I only hope Karen and family will be there for you, and in a perfect world, I wish Lisa would apologize for leaving in a huff.

I wish my brain wasn't so tired right now!

It has been a fun day. Tim, Max and Abbi were here, Jill and Gus, and Lisa, Logan Nd Griffin to visit and have lunch with Dennis and family.

Julie and John will be by tomorrow.

Cheryl it sounds like you had a nice day with your sister!

I didn't see anyone else here yet today!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-07-12 01:13 PM
In response to Tishd

Nothing but tears in my house today. dd just left and both girls are in their rooms crying and me too. Life sucks today.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 01:15 PM
In response to Tishd

I am soooooooo bad with words of comfort and words of wisdom!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Char - Sorry it is a teary day at your house!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Nothing but tears in my house today. dd just left and both girls are in their rooms crying and me too. Life sucks today.

OMG it must be the moon in the wrong place.....it seems that this weekend has been a disaster for both of us.....re daughters. I am sooo very sorry......I know the anguish and frustration as I am feeling it also......it' s too bad we can't just meet for coffee or whatever and console each other.....I am so very sad for you and those darling girls. You are in my thoughts.......and my heart just hurts for all of us......those going through all family things.......I wish it were different....I keep repeating that "this too shall pass".......but it sure is not on my time schedule.....! hugs to all of you who are hurting today whatever the reason. There is no greater joy than family and no greater pain when it goes amuck! Hugs, hugs and more hugs!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 02:14 PM
In response to charK

Char, I am so sorry that things were teary at your house today!

Gads! My weekend is not over with yet, and my oldest daughter will be here tomorrow! If anything can happen, it will be then!!!!

Hugs to you and Betsey!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

WOW what a weekend.... Betsy and Char... chin up my lovely ladies. I am so sad that you had such a bad weekend.

Edited by tneal40 on 10-07-12 05:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Dropping off:

MEMORIES By Cdjohnson

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-07-12 03:17 PM
In response to cdjohnson

I am about to cry! My Pats are blowing the game!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Dropping off again:

Believe in yourself our strength grows out of our weakness By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Betsey and Char: so sorry to hear you had a bad day/weekend. Very sorry it affected the girls Char.

I finally got to see the baby. I got some pictures. He is still in the hospital as he has an infection. His mommy and daddy can stay with him. He is hooked up to monitors. It is really good that Annie can stay at the hospital. They have a trilevel and lots of stairs. She is hurting from the incision. I have a new found respect for Annie's husband. He sure takes care of Anne and the baby. So helpful.

Waiting for the Amazing Race to come on.

Doug is in Florida and went to the Bear game. he texted Charity that there were a lot of fights. Can't people behave anymore?

Someone tried to break into out church. They broke a couple of windows. There is nothing in the church to steal. We have no fancy sound system. No money is kept in the church. Just awful.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for those hurting.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

ok carpet is cleaned... well sorta.. my steam cleaner does not get it all but it smells nicer in the room now.

Bed,night stands, lamps and bedding is moved over so far. Well be spending all this week moving stuff over to my room and getting the other room ready for son to move back into.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Cathe...how awful that your church was broken into. Kinda like people fighting at the game Doug was at....makes you wonder if people have any morals and values left anymore!

Teia...nice that you are getting moved back into your room. I hadn't realized that you and your dh had given up YOUR room to the kids...I thought it was your son's room! I have it straight now...you moved into son's room and the kids moved into your room while your ds moved upstairs to your scrap space. Do I have it all straight???

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Char and Betsey....words fail me. All I can think to do is to send you both hugs...maybe we all just need a great big group hug..or two!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to bears99

Just checking in real quick. My vacation is coming to a close, and back to work I go tomorrow. I shouldn't complain. I only work tomorrow then off 2 days and then work 2 days.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 03:43 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Coffee is ready!!!!

Big group hug to all this morning too! Chilly morning...brrrrr.

Allen and I are the only ones up here. Everyone appears to be having a good time doing simple country things. Yesterday they went through the field and woods and down to the cemetary in back of the house. That seems to be a tradition! They went for a ride to visit Grammie Downers grave in Freedom, walked the school track, watched football and movies.

My lasagna was a big hit, jill made salad, and Lisa brought cookies.

I am tired this morning, but a good tired!

Today my dil wants to find some gourds!

Hope you are all having a nice Colombus Day! And doing something relaxing.

Betsey and Char....special thoughts and hugs to you!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 03:45 AM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Just checking in real quick. My vacation is coming to a close, and back to work I go tomorrow. I shouldn't complain. I only work tomorrow then off 2 days and then work 2 days.

Cheryl, I need to check out all your layouts today!!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Good morning!! Cold here...30 degrees, but the sun is shining.

I got up early...7:30.

Tish enjoy your time with whoever is still there with you and Alan. Isn't it cute what the kids and grandkids think of as tradition?

Betsey & Char -I hope you are in a better place emotionally today.

Teia sounds like you are almost done. I'm like Jo, I didn't realize it was your bedroom you gave up for the kids.

Josie did you get much snow?

I have no plans except for laundry, and cleaning. My back still hurts but I know it will feel better if I move around.

Catch everyone later._

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

Jo, yes you have it right. We were going to give them our sons room but it would of been way to small for 3 active kids.

I have tons to do today.. I did get my assignments in on time WHEW!!! I have my assignment for this week already done.. its the letter to the parents I posted earlier in here. I just need to write a 250 word conclusion on what I learned.

dh won't let me get rid of my grandmas chair. I looked around and it would cost me over 1000.00 to get it redone. It needs legs, which we can find at Lowes or Home Depot.

78 days of no rain here in Salem. I guess we have rain coming on Friday, Sat, Sun. dh has drill that weekend so he is not happy about driving in it lol.

Thank you for the coffee! bbl

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-08-12 07:49 AM
In response to tneal40

Good morning.

We are better today. The girls are off to school. DH is home.

I am now down 7 pounds!!

dd and dh got into a screaming match yesterday while I was in the shower. Caitlin came in the bathroom crying and telling me to get out and make them stop. SO .... here I am in a towel on the front porch ....trying to get them inside and to shut up. A lovely sight to behold.

Dh came in and so did dd....both fuming. dd said HE started it....how juvenile.....he asked to see her car insurance card for proof of insurance...she knows she has to have it to drive the girls. She took them to Target and he was mad at ME for not SEEING the card before I let her take them. She said she had it so I chose to believe her. She took offense to his not believeing her and taking her word for it and that started the fight.

dd told dh that HE raised her so it was HIS fault she is the way she is. She told him she hated him and said F-U to him.

This all outside in our front yard!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to charK

Char, I am sorry that had to happen, while in a towell, on your front porch. I got a bit of deja veu (sp) when I read that. I seem to remember dh and dd getting into, what I call, a pissing fight on my porch a few years back. Of course she blamed me for her problems.

I went through about 2 years of post partum depression (did not know it was called that then) to where I did not want to deal with anyone and was focused on the computer and what I could learn from it. During that time was when my dd said she needed me the most (of course) My other daughters did not turn to drugs during this time but focused on school, friends and activities. Her being put in Juevy is what woke me up to what was happening around me. I missed alot of my son growing up also. So because I had a problem she blames me for not being there for her. Instead of understanding what I went through. Of course she was just a young girl (Jr High Age) and I guess cause of my "neglect" of her (well of all the kids accually) I am to blame for what she is now.

I explained to my daughter to be prepared for her children to come to her later in life and them blaming her for what they have become. Then she will understand how I feel and how the blame game just needs to stops. Life happens and you need to change course and go forward. Why dwell on the pass? Fix it, move on live better.

Edited by tneal40 on 10-08-12 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey: I didn't check in yesterday due to just too much to do for the dinner party. I'm so sorry for what your daughter has done. I also have no words of wisdom. I've watched my sis in-law go thru something like this and it's heart wrenching. I'm glad you called your sis.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:

My goodness........ dd's can sure make life suck-y!! I hate that she's doing that to you and her girls.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Char, I am sorry that had to happen, while in a towell, on your front porch. I got a bit of deja veu (sp) when I read that. I seem to remember dh and dd getting into, what I call, a pissing fight on my porch a few years back. Of course she blamed me for her problems.

I went through about 2 years of post partum depression (did not know it was called that then) to where I did not want to deal with anyone and was focused on the computer and what I could learn from it. During that time was when my dd said she needed me the most (of course) My other daughters did not turn to drugs during this time but focused on school, friends and activities. Her being put in Juevy is what woke me up to what was happening around me. I missed alot of my son growing up also. So because I had a problem she blames me for not being there for her. Instead of understanding what I went through. Of course she was just a young girl (Jr High Age) and I guess cause of my "neglect" of her (well of all the kids accually) I am to blame for what she is now.

I explained to my daughter to be prepared for her children to come to her later in life and them blaming her for what they have become. Then she will understand how I feel and how the blame game just needs to stops. Life happens and you need to change course and go forward. Why dwell on the pass? Fix it, move on live better.

So true. It just amazes me 'kids' do not take any personal responsibility to be moral, decent human beings...(just be bad and blame the parents)....

I knew growing up I had an angel on my shoulder whispering to me "don't do what your mother does (mean alcoholic), learn from her and grow strong, straight and be good. It was a struggle for me.

Char; poor Peter and you...and you too Teia.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

So I'm beyond tired today.....this head cold and busy busy weekend....mercy; no oomph in me. I'm giving myself permission to just putter around here today and rest.

In two weekends I have a glass show to sell at and want to price 10 boxes of glass that has been sitting in my garage. That's a lot to do so not much play time for me for a couple of weeks. (expect Wednesday when I'm getting together with 5 of my fav. girlfriends for some antiquing).

I need to feel better fast...

oh, Cathe; makes me sick that your church was broken into. We had a theft about 10 years ago. Hard to control...somebody was hiding when the church was closed up for the night and they really didn't get much... a few nice mics and some petty cash in a few of the boxes around church. Luckily everything had been locked up as procedure..

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 09:56 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I am physically exhausted so am laying down with my Ipad typing. Everyone has left. Dennis,Lisa and girls just left, and Julie.

The worst that happened here was....are you ready! The toilet is plugged. Luckily it waited until this noon to happen. Allen is now using a snake and a few cuss words. Girls use a lot of toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Char school is closed here today!

Going to rest my head now!!!!!

Where is our Betsey????

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Tish; It's noon and I'm still in my pj's... am doing laundry though and got all the dishes from last night done. I guess I should at least put on some sweats/t-shirt so I look alive........

rest up.

Poor Allen... so glad I have a hubby for that type of stuff also.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

I look around my house and just want to toss everything into the garbage. So tired of cleaning things up. I have been trying to get the stuff from one room to the other and to store stuff I really do not need for the winter (flip flops, sandles etc)We have two HUGE drawers under the closet in our room. The kids stored their boad games in them while they were here. I told hubby he is to put his military stuff in there cause he only uses it once a month. He about had a fit. He has small drawers and not enough room for all that stuff and his work clothes and his other things. He argued with me till I told him fine then this is your room and I will be upstairs in the craft room cause I can not stand all the mess you leave on the floor cause you SAY there is no room in your dresser. Honestly!!! I find a way to fix this and he argues with me about it all lol MEN!

Edited by tneal40 on 10-08-12 11:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

Char so sorry all this happened.

Betsey-hope you are not too sad to say hello. We will try and cheer you up.

Tish- I chuckled at your stopped up toilet. Rum frequently said that Casey used too much paper while growing up.

Di- have fun pricing your glassware. Hope the cold gets better quickly.

Teia-I think that men think the floor is their personal closet. Mine in not neat, but he is better than he used to be.

Hope more friends check in tonight. I miss the missing.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good morning.

We are better today. The girls are off to school. DH is home.

I am now down 7 pounds!!

dd and dh got into a screaming match yesterday while I was in the shower. Caitlin came in the bathroom crying and telling me to get out and make them stop. SO .... here I am in a towel on the front porch ....trying to get them inside and to shut up. A lovely sight to behold.

Dh came in and so did dd....both fuming. dd said HE started it....how juvenile.....he asked to see her car insurance card for proof of insurance...she knows she has to have it to drive the girls. She took them to Target and he was mad at ME for not SEEING the card before I let her take them. She said she had it so I chose to believe her. She took offense to his not believeing her and taking her word for it and that started the fight.

dd told dh that HE raised her so it was HIS fault she is the way she is. She told him she hated him and said F-U to him.

This all outside in our front yard!

Oh this sounds all quite familiar........I am sorry to say...only I am the bad guy here. Char I thought about you all day at work.....my heart aches for you and for your dear little girls, and frankly for your daughter too....she must be very unhappy. I am just so very sorry!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 02:54 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Char so sorry all this happened.

Betsey-hope you are not too sad to say hello. We will try and cheer you up.

Tish- I chuckled at your stopped up toilet. Rum frequently said that Casey used too much paper while growing up.

Di- have fun pricing your glassware. Hope the cold gets better quickly.

Teia-I think that men think the floor is their personal closet. Mine in not neat, but he is better than he used to be.

Hope more friends check in tonight. I miss the missing.

Cathe, Allen is surprisingly calm, and still working on the toilet!, sigh! He has made a trip to the hardware store, and even pulled the flush (toilet).. I feel bad, he is missing Gunsmoke.

I need to get back in the groove here!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 03:06 PM
In response to memex9

I looked out our kitchen window tonight and there was a beautiful sunset in the west.

I thought of my neighbors, Audrey and Clair, and hoped they were seeing this too! Sure enough, I checked my facebook newsfeed a few minutes later, and Audrey had taken a picture and posted it.

So.. With that said, I am wishing happy thoughts and positive affirmations to Betsey, Char and everyone that is experiencing sadness right now.

I am reading a book, a true story called To Heaven and Back. Has anyone read this?

Tomorrow I need to get started on our challenge . No one sounded bery excited over the challenge this week, but I just know, you will all come through!!!!!!!

Weary tonight ...both body and mind, but I am thinking of all of you and wishing I could say something funny to make you all laugh!!!

Di, I am slow getting your RAK in the mail!!!! Tomorrow without fail!!!

Teia, I have a husband that loves tossing stuff over a chair! My biggest peeve is that he thinks the kitchen table is his personal desk!!!!!! Arrrgggggggggh!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 03:08 PM
In response to Tishd

Skkkkkkkkuseeeeee typo's above!!!!!!!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Back after a busy weekend and so sad about the turmoil and hurt for several of you, my friends. There are no words that can make any of it go away. I pray that those who are so troubled that they feel their only recourse is to hurt others will find a way to change and show remorse for their actions.

Tish, Audie has replaced/fixed several toilets over the years for us. I think the funniest one was when the one in my parent's house got stopped up. When he finally had to take the entire thing out to find the problem, it was my daddy's dentures. He had Alzheimers disease. He had his dentures in when Mother left him with a caretaker for a few hours but they were missing when she got back. We always joked that he thought he was punishing her for leaving him at home. From then until his death a few months later, he did not have dentures...poor dear had already forgotten how to chew his food so we pureed it in the blender.

Di, how are you doing with the glassware pricing? Pricing was always the chore I dreaded most those few times we were brave enough to do a "garage" sale.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

The page I finished today for Laynie's scrapbook:

You are my sunshine By Oakhills

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

BTW, I had 2 out of 3 wins in football this weekend. LSU just can't seem to get it together and lost to Florida on Saturday. Louisiana Tech (dgd Emily's school) won and are 5-0 so far and are now #23 in the nation on the AP poll. After the loss by LSU, LA Tech became the team with the longest winning streak in the nation with 12 wins. THE BEST game was the New Orleans Saints on Sunday night with Drew Brees setting another record by breaking one set by Johnny Unitas AND they also won the game.

Would you believe I am a huge football fan???? LOL

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to oakhills

Tish Katie had the author of that book on her show today. It was quite a story to listen to.

Ann my dh is in a football pool at work. I heard him say he has lost 5 and won 9 so far. Not sure what that is all about but at least he did not say the ducks would loose hehehehehehehe (sorry Di and Char)

I did not get much done today, I did empty a basket that had been sitting in my other room the whole time we were there. I got the bed piled high with stuff to hang and put in drawers then emptied it off so that is that for right now. I had dgd Reina this afternoon for a few hours. We at lunch together and then went for a walk. When we came back she fell asleep on Gpa's chair.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann; no pricing today... just did laundry, dishes and watered outside stuff... 9 weeks with no rain and we're bone dry here. I can't remember the last time my front grass has been brown.

Teia; sounds like you actually got to be Grandma today to dgd.

Betsey and Char....both of you were on my mind today and in my prayers.

Cheryl; you and hubby were too.

Tish; don't stress over getting the rak out...I'm not moving.

About the challenge this time. I looked at that layout again today and felt baffled..... I just don't scrap one pic.. then thought: heck, I do...it's just usually bigger. So once I embraced that thought I knew I didn't feel baffled. That layout just confused me though as it's so little picture and so much embellishment...

I hope others embrace it as I've done. If I can find my table I might start tonight.....bad mess again in my room. I'm bad.

oh, I got brazen last night and decided to show off the last three layouts I've done. I keep my latest on the wall over this computer desk I'm sitting at so all I had to do was take them down and took them to the dinner table: "I'd like to share my latest three layouts with you all." My sweet brother in-law (besides duaghter and son's date lady) was the most impressed.. "wow these are beautiful"... I'm so needy... I enjoy praise.

ok, ni ni all.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann; love that toilet story. I have no fun ones.

oh, my husband is pin neat....I'm glad but sometimes He makes neat me feel like a slob. Too bad.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 05:38 PM
In response to oakhills

Oh, Ann, priceless!
The dentures!

My team did end up winning last night, but it was close!

My dil, Lisa is a big football fan and she and my son Dennis stayed up long after we went to bed watching football!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 05:43 PM
In response to memex9

You are not a bad guy or bad girl, Betsey!!!!

No way! Do not be beating your self up!

Things have a way of working themselves out. Some things take time I guess. I do not think anyone can truly say they are perfect. We all make mistakes in some form or another.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-08-12 05:47 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Di, remember, the challenge does not have to be an exact replica of the one we are lifting. YOU CAN DO IT WOMAN!!!!!

I am tired and going to bed to read more of my book.

Hope to get back on track and more chatty tomorrow!!

Brace yourselves ladies!!!!!!

Night, night!!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Good evening. Home from work and tired from tryig to get back into the swing of things. I'm off tomorrow so I'll chat more then.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

Di.. it was fun to be Gma again. She asked me all kinds of questions and had fun putting jelly on her bread with a spoon.

I got to chat with my dgs Jose who is in Mexico today.. he caught me on facebook and we chatted for a bit. I sure miss those guys. I get pictures once in awhile from daughter but not to many. I was always taking pictures of them cause they were such fun to watch.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

This week for school I had to do that letter (which is done btw) and Create a brochure that you might use as a tool to teach respect, self-discipline, and responsibility to your students at the beginning of the school year. This should be interesting.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Question for you all: what brand of 12x12" page protectors do you use for your layouts? and why?

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Hi Grans...home from a weekend at Kristi's and my first dose of chemo. I am jumping for joy because I finished the album that I was making for my mom! The one that I was making for a gift for LAST Christmas! lol. I am sssooooo glad to have it finished! Now I need to take some pictures and share them here. It is a very simple book without much embellishment partly because I am not good with that kind of thing...and partly because I want the photo to be the only focal point. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good picture taking day!

Had lots of thinking time today during the chemo treatment so used it to think about all of you and praying for each situation!

Ann, funny plugged toilet story. When oldest dgd was just less than 2 years old, her parents had to call in a plumber because they couldn't get what turned out to be all of the family toothbrushes stuck in the toilet pipes! Breanna evidently thought the first one was so much fun to flush that she did it to her parents toothbrushes too!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-08-12 08:28 PM
In response to bears99

Good evening grams!

Had a much better day today. dh was off so we went out for lunch, Applebee's and I had their new berry salad. It was yummy. Had strawberry dressing, blueberries, walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, spinach in it. Strawberries too. Not much blue cheese so that was good. I enjoyed it.

went to the PTO meeting this evening. Gee there were all of 17 people there, including the Principal. How lame is that!!

Have not heard from dd since she left. She is supposed to come back this coming weekend.....I don't think I can have her come 2 in a row. dh and I talked about it and I think we are going to tell her she can't come. We are all too raw.

Thank all of you for your words and hugs. It means alot.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics