Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-28-12 06:49 PM
In response to oakhills

I am sorry to hear about Audie's PSA report Ann. Prayers coming your way to help you stay strong for your family.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-28-12 06:57 PM
In response to oakhills

I am sorry to hear about Audie's PSA report Ann. Prayers coming your way to help you stay strong for your family.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Party mix and chocolate chip cookies are finished. Off to read until Priscilla gets home from work.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

Only got two out of the 5 numbers and did not hit the powerball number... so no millionaires here lol

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Tish... Challenge is due tonight, right?? So I draw in the morning? I have my first doc appt at 8:15 and then labs and chemo in the afternoon so not sure when I will be able to get it done. Obviously, I am not going to get finished.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
GGGRRRRR!! Rum updated my computer. Now when I open my emails, I don't have the bar that says "send" and "delete" and "forward".

Christmas cards! I should get started. I like signing and addressing the card. I think of each person or couple as I work.

Oh I hate changes to my computer. Just feel like my time is being wasted when things are like they used to be. Good luck.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
In the days of the Andy Williams Christmas Shows, and some of those, they were good.

I put on an Andy Williams Christmas cd yesterday and got all teary eyed. Dale says "what's wrong".. "he's dead now" I said.

We saw him in concert in Seattle about 5 Christmas' ago...fun and fabulous show.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
I have not had anyone in my family who was close to me (area or emotional) who had to do these chemo things. When my mother was diagnosed with Cancer she was at stage 5 and terminal. She never made it home from the hospital. She promised my daughter Samantha she would hang on till her baby was born, and she did. She passed away about 20 minutes after we brought the baby up to show her. It was very tearing for me. Who to be with. My mother on the 5th floor or my daughter having her first baby on the first floor.

Something sad about that Teia. Glad you had time to be down today as obviously your body/mind needed it.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Audie's report was not as good as we had hoped. His PSA had risen slightly. He will have another PSA in 3 months to gauge how fast it is increasing.

Oh; that's too bad Ann. Sorry.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Josie; good luck tomorrow.

Tish; I was shocked you did a layout today; good for you.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 03:33 AM
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Tish... Challenge is due tonight, right?? So I draw in the morning? I have my first doc appt at 8:15 and then labs and chemo in the afternoon so not sure when I will be able to get it done. Obviously, I am not going to get finished.

No poblem, Josie! You draw when ou can....probably tomorrow morning if you have time!

How many days a week do you have chemo?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 03:39 AM
In response to Tishd

Sorry, I only had one number on my ticket, and Allen had the power ball! so no cruise this time for us!

I decided to get up early and have coffee with Allen. I will probably crawl back to bed in a while.

Coffee is ready for all, tea, coca cola?????????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Ann - Sorry you keep getting bad news in your family!! Prayers for you all.

Tish - Glad you felt like scrapping.

Betsey - Don't laugh but my husband loves the Hallmark channel this time of year.

Cathe - Are the pages in your gallery? I will go check.

Well Thank Goodness......there are still men who have a sweet sentimental side......and love Christmas......how refreshing to hear that! Good for him...........he will be at the top of Santa's "nice" list!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:
In the days of the Andy Williams Christmas Shows, and some of those, they were good.

I put on an Andy Williams Christmas cd yesterday and got all teary eyed. Dale says "what's wrong".. "he's dead now" I said.

We saw him in concert in Seattle about 5 Christmas' ago...fun and fabulous show.

Oh Boy do I ever understand that.......I used to love his show, many years ago of course, but still love his Christmas music.......there was one playing on the radio at work, and Mary and I both were sad, of course the rest, barely knew who he was.......! Kind of like me last night.....I watched Rod Stewart on that Special Tish talked about....it was the lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree from the Big Apple......anyway...watched Rod Stewart....then came someone named Scotty McCreery????? Never heard of him.......he is 12.......or looks like it anyway.....sings Country.....that was it for me....back to the Hallmark Channel Movies.....

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I am not sure I can get excited by a Country Singer that is still a teen aged boy......what happened to the George Straits, Toby Keiths of the country music world??????? I know, I know.......another sign of becoming an old person...........LOL. Seriously........I turn on the country music CMT channel and I have never heard of 80% of the people that have videos on there...who are they??? Where did they come from???? Seriously?????????

It's kinda like Taylor Swift and her songs of heartbreak...It's really hard for me to take that seriously.....what is she????? 17????????? LOL I know...the teens, who all think their last breakup is the stuff of "broken Hearted forever" dramA........but I just have trouble with these kids, still in middle school, believing that a lost love will haunt them forever....!!!! I see enough of that on FB with my middle school grands and their friends and the 5th graders at school. It's almost funny to me! I know they are serious, but it's just more than I can take when the hits keep coming and make these kids millionaires by the time they are 18.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies.....coffee is on....chilly, but warmer than Monday.......that was downright COLD! I hope everyone has a delightful day.......and the ones who are doing chemo, I hope there is some joy and peace in your day too........!!!!!

Ann....sorry for your dh, you just keep getting more bad news on top of more bad news.......YOu are all in my prayers. That's a lot to handle but you seem to be doing it with grace! Thinking of you!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Only five entries this week for the challenge????? My, my..... my........we were doing so well too!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 04:37 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, i am back in bed and going to take a nap. Thank you for the coffee! I didn' sleep well in spite of the 2 tylenol pm!

maybe some one will surprise us with another layout for the challenge!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Good morning!!

Betsey - Yes, I am thankful my husband is sentimental. He will even upon occasion watch the Lifetime Movie channel!!

Tish - Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I hope you catch a nap today. Prayers for you.

Josie - Thoughts and prayers for you today too!!

I am going to try and get all my snowmen set out today and have eveything ready to decorate the tree by the time Karyol gets home. I would like to go get my hair cut today.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Ann so so sorry to hear that your husband didn't get a good report. Prayers for you and your family.

I caught the Christmas special. I really enjoyed it.

Cheryl- I chuckled that Kayrol likes the hallmark channel at Christmas...especially since I know what he generally likes.

I put 2 new los in my gallery the challenge and a baby. I didn't link the baby one here.

Tish - Rum fixed the tool bar. I had an idea how to do it, but I'm horrible at experimenting.lol

Teia that would be a hard call as to whom you should stay with. I'm glad she got to see the baby. I think my mil is hanging on until she turns 100. That will be Jan. 3rd.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 07:08 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Josie has drawn our winner and I will get a winning layout and announcement out in awhile. For the announcements I use quick pages so they aren't that demanding!

I will also put up a sketch this week for the challenge!

Happy Thursday morning. My week is so messed up!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:

Carole and I saw Andy here. He did a Christmas show. One of the highlights of my life. He was awesome. He wore that all white outfit and sang all his wonderful songs.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

We didn't win the powerball lottery either.

It is supposed to be really warm Sat. and Sun. Hopefully we will get some outside lights up.

Sure hope they find that climber. My brother said that that happens frequently. I don't understand putting your life in danger to climb a mt. But then that's me, not a risk taker at all!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 07:32 AM

Cathe, with me it would depend on the type of risk to be taken? Mountain climbing when there was a risk of snow or an avalanche...no thank you, but if someone said, give me $25.00 for a chance to win a million, I would take that risk.

Trying to get somethings ready to go to the Post Office, then I need to wrap Abbi's gifts and make the winning layout.

I made our bed while I still have this spurt of energy flowing!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 08:04 AM
In response to Tishd

AND THE WINNER IS.......

Our Winner By Tishd

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Congrats Cathe (our winner this time).....

Tish; that's nice of you to make the layout and geeeeeee lady; I haven't even made my bed this a.m.

You frisky thing...

We just moved the front room furniture around to make room for our tree; and then we got it out of the attic. I will work on decorating tomorrow.

Betsey; I like Scotty McCeery. He was an American Idol winner a few years ago at the age of 17. I bought his Christmas Album. I missed that show; darn. Will have to look for a rerun of it.

I also bought Rod Stewart's Christmas cd and am a little disappointed. He (to me) sound very monotone...like he doesn't give a darn.

off to scrap for an hour. I did some cricut cutting late last night for this layout so just need to glue it all down now.

bbl

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrappin 2 Said:

Sure hope they find that climber. My brother said that that happens frequently. I don't understand putting your life in danger to climb a mt. But then that's me, not a risk taker at all!

I have a nephew who has always lived to the extreme in sports. He was the one who would snowboard out of bounds constantly. He packed enough gear to live two days if trapped, had two beacons, extra batteries... etc. Of course he was assuming he'd be alive for 'them' to find him.

He's broken more bones in his life; even his back. He's settled down at the age of 38 when he fell in hard love with his now wife. He's a parasailing and surfing instructor in HI.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 09:11 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I have skier's and snowboarders in the family too Di. I always worry about them breaking something, especially Jackson who Snowboards! He is now 17.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 09:14 AM
In response to Tishd

I have been trying to get a few things done before I crash and have to have a nap!

Here is our challenge for the next time. We can start anytime and due date will be, December 9 at midnight. This time it is a sketch because some of you have expressed a desire to do sketches.

We will have a twist though, so listen carefully. The twist is to make this a Christmas layout. A favorite tradition, or a favorite or favorite items you love to use at Christmas time. Just make it Christmasy by following the sketch! Give credit to PageMaps.

Sketch By Tishd

Edited by Tishd on 11-29-12 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

I have a nephew who has always lived to the extreme in sports. He was the one who would snowboard out of bounds constantly. He packed enough gear to live two days if trapped, had two beacons, extra batteries... etc. Of course he was assuming he'd be alive for 'them' to find him.

He's broken more bones in his life; even his back. He's settled down at the age of 38 when he fell in hard love with his now wife. He's a parasailing and surfing instructor in HI.

They found the climber. He posted his cordinites on his Facebook page and thats how they found him. I was so amazed. He could not call but he could post on the internet.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

I have both the girls this morning. They are coloring in their color books right now. dd Cecilia had to go to her drug group for her graduation. I am so glad she is changing her life. I told dh we need to make sure we have a play area for the grandkids so they know where they are able to play at. Unfortunitly that goes away during the Month of Dec cause of the tree. So I cleared out a spot by the stairs and put there box of toys there. I do not go up stairs much so that is the perfect spot. The kids are not here when Scott is here so they are not in his way either.

Grats Cathe.. this new challenge should be cool. I think I have 4 pictures of one event some where.

Edited by tneal40 on 11-29-12 10:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Di - I bought Scott McCreary's Christmas album too. I got the MP3 album on Amazon for $3.99

I watched the Christmas special. I didn't enjoy Rod Stewart last night. I can hardly believe Tony Bennett is still singing.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Love the challenge Tish. thanks. I still have pics from last Christmas to scrap.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Cheryl; do you like Scott's album? I do; but I love his voice and it'll only get more mature as is great.

I finished my layout and need to photo it. Will share when do.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

Dropping off the challenge

Chapa Clan By Tneal40

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

YHEA!!! I won!!!

what a nice surprise!!!

I ran into town today. I need a sheet of 4th of july paper and a sheet of valentine paper to finish Jill's album. The area I shop at has jo ann's, hl, M's, Kohl's, Target, etc. I went to JA to buy a bos of Zots for half price. got my two sheets of paper at hl. Got boneless catfish for supper.

I took a walk when I got home. Casey called and said, "Are you shopping" apparently my daughter thinks I shop too much. lol I said, "No I'm walking"

I didn't think Rod Stewart sounded good last night. Maybe he was sick. I enjoyed that trio of young men, who were they?

Rum said he'd get me a Kindle fire if I really wanted one. But I guess I couldn't get my email on it because we have comcast.
I don't know if it would be advantageous for me to have one.

I'm going to have the 4 grandkids spend the night tomorrow. I thought I had some spaghetti sauce frozen but don't. I'm out of hamburger. I really don't want to run to town again tomorrow. Guess I'll go to plan B...whatever that is!

Teia wow are you speedy!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Betsey please tell me again how to resize a photo in Picasa. I thought I had written it down, but can't find it. I messed around with the tool bar, but couldn't figure it out.

Cheryl forgot to say to have fun decorating your tree tonight, having your popcorn and movie. Take pictures!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 03:07 PM

Checking in to say hello and then going to settle down and crochet and watch television. Speaking of the special last night at Rockafeller Center, I was disappointed in the show. The tree lighting at the end was beautiful, but I wasn't all that impressed with the performers. I did enjoy Tony Bennett and Scotty McCreery. They were good.

I still love the old fashioned Christmas songs of old. Rockaround the Christmas Tree and songs like that are cute but not my favorite, that's for sure.

Tim and the kids just left. We had supper, cake and ice cream and Abbi had fun opening her gifts.

Where is Betsey tonight? Betsey you out again on a "Hot Date?"

Teia, I can't believe you got the challenge done already!!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Tish - glad to hear that Abbi had a birthday party at her Grammies house. Did she turn 13?
I wish my dinner was over. I don't look forward to fixing or eating the catfish I purchased.

I was wondering where Betsey was too.

I must say I did like Miriah Carry's opening song. I enjoyed the show. I put my new Lady Antebellum cd in the car. I really like it. I'm thinking about getting the Andy Williams cd Christmas Present. They must not have produced a lot of them. A used one is 30 bucks.

I'll probably bbl

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

btw Thank you Josie for pulling my name!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I have been trying to get a few things done before I crash and have to have a nap!

Here is our challenge for the next time. We can start anytime and due date will be, December 9 at midnight. This time it is a sketch because some of you have expressed a desire to do sketches.

We will have a twist though, so listen carefully. The twist is to make this a Christmas layout. A favorite tradition, or a favorite or favorite items you love to use at Christmas time. Just make it Christmasy by following the sketch! Give credit to PageMaps.

Sketch By Tishd

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

Sketch By Tishd

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Did anyone get those little buttons at JC Penneys? You get two cute little pins and then go online and enter a code to win prizes. Well I won a $10 gift card and a $5, gift card...I sure think whoever thought of this marketing idea should get a raise. How do you get people into the store? Let them think they won something! When they come in to spend that ten or five surely they will spend more. lol
the buttons are vintage looking.surely they will be collectable and worth a lot of money in the future. lol I'd better tell my children not to throw them out when I die. (laughing again - they don't want any of my stuff)

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Just thought I would make sure you all read the entire challenge!!!! this is supposed to be a Christmas Challenge using that sketch!!!!!! Ok????????? Tish thought maybe she did not explain it well, but it is clear as she wrote it, at least to me. If you have questions, just ask Tish.....!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Congrats Cathe (our winner this time).....

Tish; that's nice of you to make the layout and geeeeeee lady; I haven't even made my bed this a.m.

You frisky thing...

We just moved the front room furniture around to make room for our tree; and then we got it out of the attic. I will work on decorating tomorrow.

Betsey; I like Scotty McCeery. He was an American Idol winner a few years ago at the age of 17. I bought his Christmas Album. I missed that show; darn. Will have to look for a rerun of it.

I also bought Rod Stewart's Christmas cd and am a little disappointed. He (to me) sound very monotone...like he doesn't give a darn.

off to scrap for an hour. I did some cricut cutting late last night for this layout so just need to glue it all down now.

bbl

Remember that Rod and I are almost the same age.......LOL I would sound bad too at this point.......but I still love him....in fact like him better older than i did younger. I have several of his cd's the ones he made for his Mom and Dad, of all the 40's music, and I forget the other one...but I play them both all the time.....I think he had some trouble with some pitches on the special, but all in all he did well with a song that is pretty difficult to sing I think. But.....I am a Rod Stewart fan from long ago. LOL

I was not a big American Idol fan after the first season.......I don't watch all these others either, I try, but just of no interest to me.....They all sound pretty much the same to me.........just getting old I guess. I did watch the three teen tenors from Italy the other night on PBS,.....now them I could watch and listen to all night long.....three more talented, personable young people I have not seen in a long long time.......they are marvelous. Check your PBS station and see when they will show this new show......fabulous....just fabulous!

Has anyone seen tthem.>>>>?????????

Edited by memex9 on 11-29-12 04:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

I have two extreme winter sport nephews...in fact the ones that live in Bellingham. They were skiing at age two when they lived up in Twisp area. They are both grown now, John a new Daddy.......and not doing that now, but Wil who is single, still ski's snowboards and all that stuff takes risks at it still. He is 28. They were both Junior Olympic skiiers........!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Did anyone get those little buttons at JC Penneys? You get two cute little pins and then go online and enter a code to win prizes. Well I won a $10 gift card and a $5, gift card...I sure think whoever thought of this marketing idea should get a raise. How do you get people into the store? Let them think they won something! When they come in to spend that ten or five surely they will spend more. lol
the buttons are vintage looking.surely they will be collectable and worth a lot of money in the future. lol I'd better tell my children not to throw them out when I die. (laughing again - they don't want any of my stuff)

I never shop at JC Penney even on the rare occasion I go to the Mall. As you can tell Mall shopping is not my kind of shopping. I probably have not been in the Mall three times in the last five years.....!!!!!! I might go this year just to see the christmas decor and hear the music.

I do love to go to Countryside Mall about 4o min from here, in the winter especially.......they have a big ice rink in the middle and I love sitting at a table drinking hot chocolate, see the christmas lights etc. and pretnending it a northern christmas......then go outside into blinding sun, heat and palm trees....it's a hoot!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Ok....enough from me......I am off to watch TV, rest......read........and hopefully sleep for a big day at work tomorrow......long day!!! 8-2:30.........almost 6 hours.....glad its a Friday.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Well for heavens sake... this is what I get for being quick....I just saw the sketch and got to work on it...I need to read instructions grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr...

ok DO NOT LOAD THAT UP ON THE FIRST PAGE CHERYL.... I will do another one and use my new christmas kit I got a few days ago...

Thank you Betsy for letting me know..

Edited by tneal40 on 11-29-12 04:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-29-12 04:55 PM

Cathe, Abbi turned 11, not 13!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Cathe - Congrats on the win!!!

Tish - Glad Abbi had a good birthday celebration at your house.

Our tree is now up, we have full bellies and have watched The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and are a happy bunch. I finally go the size picture I needed for my mother's present and am working on it tonight.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

ok here is my challenge WITH THE TWIST lol

Holiday Joy By Tneal40

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

I'm chuckling Teia because I read the challenge and yet when I say your first lo I didn't even notice that it was Christmas. lol

Your second on is very pretty and Christmasy.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I finished it, I finished it!!! The block for my mom is completed, and I am really happy with how it turned out.

Great Grands By Cdjohnson

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 11-29-12 07:08 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Super cute CHERYL!!

TEIA....you are fast woman!!! Both times.

Girls had half a day today. After school we went to my sisters work and she made us lunch. Then I took her to her doc appointment and waited for her. Peter came to her work and got the girls, they went bowling with their dad, gf and sister.

They are home now having KFC that Peter brought home.

Girls are off tomorrow too. I have conferences with their teachers in the afternoon.

Busy days.

TISH love the new sketch.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

But.....I am a Rod Stewart fan from long ago. LOL

Me too Betsey. I remember exactly where I was when I heard Maggie May the first time.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Cathe, Abbi turned 11, not 13!

It's so nice she had dinner with you and cake.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 11-29-12 09:27 PM
In response to Sunnydi

I LOVE Rod Stewart!! He puts on an excellent concert.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 02:24 AM
In response to charK

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto on Rod Stewart. I have always loved him. He was in Las Vegas several times when we were there, but we did not see one of his shows!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 02:27 AM
In response to memex9

Thank you for the re post Betsey. I am glad you re posted because I guess I didn't high light the part about Christmas very well.

And Teia...speedy redo! Good girl!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 02:27 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Your mother will love this. What a great gift!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

But.....I am a Rod Stewart fan from long ago. LOL

Me too Betsey. I remember exactly where I was when I heard Maggie May the first time.

aAnother one of my favorites..........but there are sooo many! !!!!! I just love his voice.....and his hair! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies.....coffee is ready, and I have to remember to go to work earlier today. LOL I am so happy that this is Friday.....!!!

Best news since Lilly was born......Amanda, passed her final huge test, of 100 pages of a synopsis of what she has learned in the last 10 years of college.........she was so very, very worried. Struggled with it and getting it done in time.....but she did it.......and passed with flying colors....and is now ready to do her last internship and graduate with her Bachelors in Education in June. FINALLY!!!!! I am so excited and proud of her.......The struggles she has had to make this happen would have deterred most people...........she is the one who just had that serious back/neck surgery........but she has hung in there and is almost at the end. What a girl.....I am so very very proud of her.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl.....I love your glass block.....very very cool. Great job....I know your Mom will love it!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OK LADIES...... have a great Friday.....I am off to work........glad it is Friday.....don't know about this almost 7 hour day however.......I only agreed to it because its friday......and I have two days to "rest up" LOL

have fun.........enjoy your day! Feel better to Jo, Tish, and anyone else ailing........Thinking of all of you!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning!!

Betsey-YHEA for Amanda!!!! I can't imagine writing a 100 page synopsis of what I learned.

Cheryl your mother's gift is so thoughtful and very pretty!

Rum and I are going to put up the outside lights today. (Pray for me...ha ha)

I'm having the 4 grandkids spend the night. We may decorate the tree. I'd rather do it Sunday, but I'm afraid Casey might not come on Sunday.
I want everyone to take part.

Before I forget....I heard this on tv...if you have trouble falling asleep....count backwards from 200...by threes. I start at 300. It usually works.

Guess I'll get going. Hope everyone has a great day.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

I hate when I am worried about stuff and cannt sleep. But I got my dd Cecilia calenar for christmas count down done. Just waiting for the stickles to dry on it now so she can take it home this afternoon.

No school for my son today. Did you know that his christmas vacation starts on the 19th of Dec and goes till the 9th of Jan??? I was SHOCKED!! We got 2 weeks (maybe) for christmas vacation and these kids get almost 3 weeks off. Thank goodness I do not have to babysit during that time but still.

OHHHH BTW ladies. The Portland Oregon CKC convention is going to be here during my birthday... whoooooooohoooooooooooooo .. If I can save enough money I can go. I went this year only cause my sister came down and watched the kids for me. I have been peeking at the classes and there are a few I would love to go to.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

Best news since Lilly was born......Amanda, passed her final huge test, of 100 pages of a synopsis of what she has learned in the last 10 years of college.........she was so very, very worried. Struggled with it and getting it done in time.....but she did it.......and passed with flying colors....and is now ready to do her last internship and graduate with her Bachelors in Education in June. FINALLY!!!!! I am so excited and proud of her.......The struggles she has had to make this happen would have deterred most people...........she is the one who just had that serious back/neck surgery........but she has hung in there and is almost at the end. What a girl.....I am so very very proud of her.

Wow; good for her and you should be proud. It's so nice to hear of someone younger working hard for their goal and you are right in that she's had a lot of obstacles along the way.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Cathe; it's hard to imagine that counting backwards by 3 will help...I know it will get the brain off our troubles but mercy I'd end up frustrated at all the 'thinking'... I'm just not used to thinking anymore.

have fun tonight with the grands...you and they are lucky to have the time together.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Teia; start saving for the CKC. Is it still at the Oregon Convention center? I went once.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

How are you today Tish?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Dale got our house lights on yesterday...in the drizzle. Then we got the decorations and tree out of the attic. Tonight the kids are coming for dinner and putting the ornaments on the tree.. Dori will love it.

I'm feeling like I want snow.....hmmmmm; must be the Christmas feeling.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Teia; start saving for the CKC. Is it still at the Oregon Convention center? I went once.

Yeppers still there. Its a nice place to have it.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to tneal40

Good morning everyone...we didn't have any internet when we got home last night from North Platte so I have been catching up this morning.

Cathe...I'll tell Breanna thanks for you...she is the one who drew out the name for me.

Ann....so sorry to hear about the higher numbers for dh. Hopefully the numbers will stop going up.

Betsey...a 7 hour day in your job doesn't sound like fun to me at all! I cannot stand that long anymore. Will be thinking of you....

Tish...you go girl...sounds like you are getting lots done this morning!

Teia...you are speedy to get the challenge finished already. I need to do it here at the beginning of the time instead of waiting...but probably won't! lol

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Char...sounds like very much running around! I am getting to be more and more a "homebody". I am pretty content to just stay here on the ranch..it keeps us pretty isolated from things...which has it's pro's AND con's! lol

Roy and I are leaving tonight for the funeral of my BFF's mil. It is a 7 hour drive for us, but we really feel like we need to go. I don't remember if I told you that by bff has a daughter that is handicapped (mentally). She has called me every day and yesterday morning said to me that she sure wished Roy and I could come. When she called yesterday afternoon and I told her that we were coming she cried and said "tell Roy thank you". We will leave after the funeral and take the long route home (lol) and go to Kristi's for a football party. The Huskers play in the Big Ten championship game tomorrow night against Wisconsin. Sunday morning we will leave Kristi's by about 7:30 our time so we make it up here for our regular church at 11. It's a carry in dinner day so we'll have lunch at church and then come home. Lots of travel...lots of people...and FOOTBALL! should be a good weekend but it will be exhausting...especially since I don't usually feel so great these first few days after chemo! All that to say I may be pretty scarce this weekend!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Di...I have asked Roy if he is going to put any lights up for us outside and his response was...if I have time! I am not going to hold my breath! It was warm yesterday so our snow is mostly gone. It is nice today and would be a good day to put up the lights but Roy is wiring in solar panels to our house well so I know lights won't get put up today! lol I will be patient!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Busy time Josie but that is good you are going to the funeral. Have fun at the next event... take care.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 09:36 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Feeling rather yucky today and just laying down.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

ok, need to do what you gotta do.

one of my sister in-laws had to have a pace maker put in this a.m. She's doing ok. She was feeling faint occasionally and thought it was just blood pressure but had bad heart pain yesterday so called 911. Scary.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

I am home and very, very tired. If everyone would do their own jobs, these things would not be necessary. We have two that apparently don't get what "cleaning" means. The dish room was disgusting and only one week after I was there. It is getting very hard for me to keep cleaning up, getting it looking good, but more to the point clean, to have it a mess and funky again in just a week. So today, with my extra 40 mintes at the end of the day, after I had mopped most of our kitchen, I went in the dish room and scrubbed the walls, scrubbed out all the sinks, and wiped down all of the stainless steel backsplashes. It is so easy if you do it every day, and do hard to get them right after a week of not being wiped at all. what a mess.......soooooo!!!!

I am stopping by to say Hello, checking on the two chemo patients, and then going to sit in my chair......and just sit.....watch TV or something. !!!!!Tish....hope you are feeling better by now........take it easy.......!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:

one of my sister in-laws had to have a pace maker put in this a.m. She's doing ok. She was feeling faint occasionally and thought it was just blood pressure but had bad heart pain yesterday so called 911. Scary.

Ahhhhhhhh I hope this solves her problem. That's how quickly mine went in too......and boy oh boy........I felt like a million bucks almost immediately.....however I was only 62 when I got the pacemaker. I hope she is lucky like me, and it fixes all her problems. The worst part about the pacemaker is where they put it.......Men of course, never thinking of the fact that a woman has bra straps that go right over that area and boy...let me tell you........that is the worst part of the entire thing. I did not think I would ever be ok in a bra ever again.......you would not think a little thing like that would be so painful, but I swear it was like when the dental hygenist hits a nerve end when cleaning your teeth....it's makes you sit straight up and yell "Uncle"!!!!! Eventually it heals thouroughly and life goes on as before....but seriously....that was the worst part. Well that and I am a stomach sleeper.....so that was an issue for a few weeks also.......LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

missing an entire post again ......lets see if this works?????

yep.....that worked......!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 11-30-12 12:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Ahhhhhhhh I hope this solves her problem. That's how quickly mine went in too......and boy oh boy........I felt like a million bucks almost immediately.....however I was only 62 when I got the pacemaker. I hope she is lucky like me, and it fixes all her problems. The worst part about the pacemaker is where they put it.......Men of course, never thinking of the fact that a woman has bra straps that go right over that area and boy...let me tell you........that is the worst part of the entire thing. I did not think I would ever be ok in a bra ever again.......you would not think a little thing like that would be so painful, but I swear it was like when the dental hygenist hits a nerve end when cleaning your teeth....it's makes you sit straight up and yell "Uncle"!!!!! Eventually it heals thouroughly and life goes on as before....but seriously....that was the worst part. Well that and I am a stomach sleeper.....so that was an issue for a few weeks also.......LOL

Betsey...when my surgeon put my power port in he told the nurse to be sure to mark the straps on my bra when they prepped me so that he could put it in on one side or the other of the strap! I have really appreciated that!! It hurt to sleep on my left side for quite a while until it was very well healed. Now, when they access the port every week for chemo I don't have to worry that my bra strap is right over the needle....great surgeon! I have thanked him many times....in my head at least!

Soooooo sorry your get stuck cleaning up after others. That just stinks.

This chemo patient isn't feeling real great today either, Tish. Hope you get to feeling tester. I have had a nap and took a phone call from my BFF. She has been asked by the rest of the family to create a photo movie of her mil to show. She was having trouble with it this morning so she called to talk...I hope it helped....I feel pretty helpless!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

I have a tooth ache today. I am waiting for my insurance to kick in in January to get all my teeth pulled and to get false teeth. Till then I take lots of pain meds and deal with the pain. I do not have to many tooth aches, thankfully.

I took a nap with Reina today and my tooth is feeling better. I have some ambasole I put on my tooth also so its alot better

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Betsey...when my surgeon put my power port in he told the nurse to be sure to mark the straps on my bra when they prepped me so that he could put it in on one side or the other of the strap! I have really appreciated that!! It hurt to sleep on my left side for quite a while until it was very well healed. Now, when they access the port every week for chemo I don't have to worry that my bra strap is right over the needle....great surgeon! I have thanked him many times....in my head at least!

Soooooo sorry your get stuck cleaning up after others. That just stinks.

This chemo patient isn't feeling real great today either, Tish. Hope you get to feeling tester. I have had a nap and took a phone call from my BFF. She has been asked by the rest of the family to create a photo movie of her mil to show. She was having trouble with it this morning so she called to talk...I hope it helped....I feel pretty helpless!

Jo....so very sorry you are feeling icky, so it Tishie......if it helps there are two of you feeling bad at the moment.....but just think.....this is the thing that has to be done, so you will feel good again....well at least better...how about that. And maybe this time, you will really feel great after all of this is over. Even now, you are still able to be there for your friend.....how wonderful. And what a great doc you have. My doc, who died this past summer of long time cance, was a wonderful man and I will miss him. But he told me that there is just no other place to put the pacemaker......especially in a woman.....and he was quite sympathetic to the issue.....a charming and lovely man. His partner is a wonderful heart doc, just not much beside manner so to speak. But I can live with that....after all, his care is what I may need one day! LOL

think of you all, including Ann, who is also involved in this horrible disease with her dd. I keep you all in my thoughts and in my heart!

Therefore, my day at work was spectacular.......I am still able to clean up after this poor lady who is just pitiful......but it sure is annoying at times. We are all having moments when we are just sick of it...fortunately not all of us at the same time....so level heads prevail.....so far! lOL

Hope all is well with Cathe, Cheryl and Char, and that Teias toothache is better. If I have forgotten anyone I am sorry. Ahhhhhhh the lovely Lady Di.....did not forget.....was just sitting here thinking of you guys trimming the tree and how fun it will be with Dori........enjoy!!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; I knew you had one. How long have you had it? She is 64.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 03:53 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Checking in so you will all know I am still amongst the living! I have just been very shaky and nauseous feeling today. I have been a slug and laid around most of the day! Things will get better!

Josie sorry you aren't feeling well...big hug.

and Teia, if you have toothaches, I feel for you. I have had some of the most horrible toothaches in my lifetime! Get them fixed when you can so you do not have to suffer.

Betsey, I do not like to see you working so hard. It does not seem fair. You need to slow down or you will be getting sick!

This is about all I can concentrate on right now, maybe I will get another spurt before bed time.

Hello to everyone!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 11-30-12 03:55 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
missing an entire post again ......lets see if this works?????

yep.....that worked......!!!!!

Violence????????????????? ?

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Advent Calendar By Tneal40

Had fun making this between swaps and challenges... took me all month.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Betsey; I knew you had one. How long have you had it? She is 64.

I was 62 when i got it and am now 73 ....so a while..........and I have had the b attery replaced once........they say about every five years or so for the type I have. Anyway.....I forget its there, have had no problems at all....!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good evening everyone!!

Betsey - Those other workers should be ashamed of themselves for not cleaning properly! I am sorry you have to take up the slack.

Tish and Josie - Hope you to get to feeling better.

Cathe - Enjoy the tree trimming with the grandkids!

Teia - Love your advent boxes

Ann - Hope your family is doing well today.

Di - We dont' put up lights outside and is probably just as well. I do have snowmen in my bay window that light up that everyone can see from the road.

I have had a long day of taking care of trachs, g-tubes and chest tubes. I am going to finish up a few things on here and head to bed. I am going Christmas shopping tomorrow while DH is at work.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl; good luck shopping. Hope the lines to pay aren't too long.

The kids just left. Dinner was good and the tree is decorated. Dori had fun. She's got a sinus infection so is not up to par....

ni ni

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good evening everyone!!

Betsey - Those other workers should be ashamed of themselves for not cleaning properly! I am sorry you have to take up the slack.

Di - We dont' put up lights outside and is probably just as well. I do have snowmen in my bay window that light up that everyone can see from the road.

I have had a long day of taking care of trachs, g-tubes and chest tubes. I am going to finish up a few things on here and head to bed. I am going Christmas shopping tomorrow while DH is at work.

After two days of kids throwing up all over the place, and then having to cleanup the kitchen again after our "protected" worker.........I really wanted to take a shower in disinfectant...however.........I have been washing my hands more than normal, and feel almost germ free at this point. LOL It is warm again, only into the high 50's at night, up to 80 in the daytime.......depending on how much sun, I may have to turn on the A/C again. My house sits in the sun most of the day, therefore it gets hot in here even when the outside temp is only 80.

Coffee is ready, I am up early....don't know why exACTLY , but I did sleep well last night......I was pretty exhausted ........so that's a good thing.

I am going to decide today, whether to put up the tree, or do the outside, I don't think I can do both. Karen and all in her house are all sick with bad colds, sinus infections etc.......so, that help is out of the question. I really hate having nothing outside, but I don't think I can do it myself......anymore. Ahhhhhh we shall see!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good evening everyone!!

After two days of kids throwing up all over the place, and then having to cleanup the kitchen again after our "protected" worker.........I really wanted to take a shower in disinfectant...however.........I have been washing my hands more than normal, and feel almost germ free at this point. LOL It is warm again, only into the high 50's at night, up to 80 in the daytime.......depending on how much sun, I may have to turn on the A/C again. My house sits in the sun most of the day, therefore it gets hot in here even when the outside temp is only 80.

Coffee is ready, I am up early....don't know why exACTLY , but I did sleep well last night......I was pretty exhausted ........so that's a good thing.

I am going to decide today, whether to put up the tree, or do the outside, I don't think I can do both. Karen and all in her house are all sick with bad colds, sinus infections etc.......so, that help is out of the question. I really hate having nothing outside, but I don't think I can do it myself......anymore. Ahhhhhh we shall see!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-01-12 07:07 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning! It sounds like some of you are busy with your Christmas decorations and the to do or not to do thing! This year we have decided to put up a smaller tree instead of our big artificial one.

Allen said he would cut me a small tree this week. It has been quite awhile since we have had a live tree in the house so I am excited!

The Mt. View Craft Fair is today and Lisa was coming down and going to the fair with me. We both decided we didn't want to go. I guess I will just address cards and crochet today and try to get Miss Cathe;s RAK ready to mail out Monday!

Question:Did we decide anything or any date about the Christmas gifts for the name we drew? When should they be to the recipient? When shall we open? I need to get all these things down on my calendar!

Some of us still have our old secret sister too, so I assume we will just wing that and not announce. Some were against announcing.

Betsey I am so proud of your Amanda! She has worked hard for her degree and I know what an accomplishment that was for her. My Jill, worked hard and long to get her BS degree also and was 32 and had one child when she accomplished this. When there is a will and determination, they find a way!

Josie I think today will be a sad day (funeral) and then ending on a happy note (Husky party)!

And to all of you. Happy Saturday!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Personally I am hoping I do not have to mail till after the 15th.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

Last year we opened on the 21st together on IM. But I don't know what will be the schedule for this year. The 15th will be pretty late for anyone to get it by Christmas.......I mail on the 10th from here to Maryland and it gets there the 23 or 24th....and that's only 900 miles. Just sayin'. Oh yes...I mail priority mail too! But at that time of year...who knows?????

Have we come up with a plan or not??? It seems like we did, but I don't remember what it was. Does anyone remember the Christmas gift schedule...or was there one?????

Since I was here last, I have been to Karens to a yard sale at my old house......across the street from her........and it was wonderful. We got Matthew 4 ladder back chairs to go with his round oak table.....(remember the one we got for free and I refinished?) Anyway....he is moving into the house next door to Karen...which is perfect......that mean that Arfie.....will be able to go back and forth to his master and the home he knows all the time. Since Ally moved back home with Lilly (yes a few days ago, she was asked to leave by the AH) She is broken-hearted, in some ways, but pretty ok with it in others. He is really a mess......and does not deserve to have Ally or Lilly in his life........What a piece of drek he is........I hope he does not run into David or Matthew anytime soon. Anyway.....they are pretty crowded at this point.......so the lady next door, who lost her husband a few months ago, has offered to rent him her house until it is sold or foreclosed upon, and she has moved in with her daughter. She is not very well herself.....and needs to be with someone. Soooooo, we have been cleaning this house.......(A disaster ) and getting it ready for him to move in to....asap! It's a perfect solution...for Matthew to move out in baby steps.......still close but will have alone time......yet family next door. It's really a perfect solution and very cheap rent too!

He is a bit nervous, but getting kind of excited and loved the chairs we found for him at the yard sale. Also found a nice brushed nickel table lamp that is just his style......! He has his new bed, and bed room furniture, along with his TV and CD player etc.......and I have an old computer he may try to make work. There is a huge workshop in the back of the house......so he is getting more excited as we clean each room. I left Amanda, Karen, Mandy and Dave there.....doing some more cleaning and repairs. I gave Matt all the paint I had left from my painting the outside of my house.......which is of course free, and fine for the inside of this house.

The only thing we need to find for him is a cheap used refrigerator.......that will be ok for him for a while.

Anyway.......We have been busy all morning, but I was about burned out cleaning other peoples mess.....been doing that all week at work....LOL But we have accomplished a lot....and it already looks 200% better.

I am doing laundry, again.........and washing all the little clothes we got for Lilly at the Yard Sale.......! Ally is at work today......and Rachie is watching the baby......these sisters are a team that's for sure. Ally is still working on her Thank you notes........and I am truly proud of the three girls....with all that they have been handed this past year....they are all helping each other, with hugs, words and actions......and Karen should be very, very proud of them. Yes......they have made some mistakes, but boy they are sure overcoming all of their problems with great attitudes and I am loving watching them. I am of course sorry that they have had to make some of the mistakes they have made.....but life is sometimes the very best teacher.....as of course we all know!

I hope all of you are having a great day......especially those dealing with health issue; their own or in the family. I am keeping all of you next to my heart. Carry on ladies........you are all awesome!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

When Matthew and I came here to get all that paint, he got my Christmas tree down from the rafters in the garage.....so I could start on that if so inclined. We will see what the rest of the day brings!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh yes...Diana.........Karen and I bought Mandy a beautiful Amethyst glass vase that I know is not junk.........for 50 cents at a yard sale down the street......our little town is full of yard sales today. Anyway....Many loves purple glass and has begun a collection of things....just glass, just amethyst so she is excited. LOL
I will try to remember to get a photo of it...so you can see what it is. It looks hand blown to me.......and even if its nothing special....it is very pretty!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-01-12 11:55 AM
In response to memex9

BETSEY you have had a busy day wow!! So happy for MATT that he got his own place. I am THRILLED that Ally and Lilly are out of that awful situation...even if it is only for the moment. I hope she stays strong and makes the right decisions for her and the baby. I am sending a little gift for miss Lilly so be on the lookout. I plan on mailing it on Monday along with all the rest of the gifts I have to mail.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics