Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Whoops...I forgot that Priscilla was also among the sick and injured. Hope she is better today. And anyone else I missed........I hope Roy is feeling better Jo......this thing is weird...and hangs on a long long time. And just think....I had a SHOT and Meds.....can't imagine what would happen with nothing. Whew........!!!!!

Diana...waiting to see this new punch work.......hope you get it up today. I am so glad that someone is scrapping.......LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Good morning, Tish and all who follow...which, when I put it that way...I hope is everyone!! lol. Hummmmm...don't think I have had enough sleep!

Di..hope you are sleeping!

Teia...nice that you got into another of the classes you were wanting. What are the two you will be taking?

I started taking down Christmas decorations yesterday between loads of laundry. Still have some of each to do!! lol

Bbl...have a great morning!

I did the same yesterday...laundry and taking down decorations. I am finished and waiting for Audie to help me take apart the tree and get the wreaths from the front windows.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Tried to talk Audie into going to visit Laynie (and her parents lol) today but not having any luck. He can be so stubborn! Has to be his idea and if I wait until it is his idea, Laynie will be nearly grown! He is her only great grandfather still living and I want her to have a photo of him holding her while she is still a newborn. Brittney said yesterday that they will come for a visit soon but with a c-section that should be at least 4 weeks before she does any travel other than necessary medical visits, etc.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:27 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning, Betsey! It does sound like you feel a bit better today. Allen was saying he always feels better when he goes outside to work, but I worry about him still.

I feel pretty good this morning, considering I didn't sleep well last night. I tried going back to bed and that didn't work, so I got up again and loaded the washing machine.

Winter is the time of year I prefer either sleeping in, or snuggling under the blankets and reading. I am going to see about moving our 32" tv in the bedroom this week. We just need to run the cable in our bedroom I guess.

Now I can't remember what else I wanted to comment on. Rats.

Betsey, I made myself a smoothie this morning out of the rest of a berry smoothie, chobani yogurt, a banana and some skim milk. Not bad and good nourishment I think.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:30 AM
In response to oakhills

Oh, I do understand your wanting to get a picture of Audie with his great granddaughter, Ann. I also understand the comment, it has to be his idea!

How is she feeling?

Who is to become the next baby in this group? Is it Jo's grandson in January? I think Teia is expecting a new grandbaby in June.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:31 AM
In response to memex9

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Good morning. I felt groggy upon waking. I think the Advil pm does that to me. I had a hard time going to sleep.

Tish did you take your tynlol pm last night? I'm sure glad Allen didn't shovel. He could have a heart attack.

Ann-I want to say "MEN"....who made them the boss?
I completely understand you wanting a picture. Last night I realized that I don't have a photo of Casey, Sonny, Kian and Rayn together. I meant to ask them to pose.

Betsey I'm struggling with the phone upgrade too. I thought I wanted a smart phone, but maybe I should first try texting on my old phone. The kids want me to text. I need to go to Verizon and see what my options are.

I think Carole and I may be able to get together today. We haven't seen each other in two weeks, due to her being sick.

Last night my throat felt a little sore. Oh dear I have Granny's party next Sat. I can't decide if I should leave my Christmas stuff up or take it down. I like the stuff up and it hides the different colors on the wall. OMG why did I do that? Well I know why I thought we'd be painting and getting the carpet last Nov.

Teia I haven't tracked the package. I didn't write it down (like a dummy)when you posted it. I figured when it gets here, it gets here.

Tish I think Kari is due in Jan. Isn't that right Josie? Casey is in June.

Cheryl has to work today. She was concerned that they were to get more snow. I learned the hospital is 8 miles from her house. Safe travels to her.

We got a dusting to an inch last night.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 12-29-12 06:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good morning. I felt groggy upon waking. I think the Advil pm does that to me. I had a hard time going to sleep.

Tish did you take your tynlol pm last night? I'm sure glad Allen didn't shovel. He could have a heart attack.

Ann-I want to say "MEN"....who made them the boss?
I completely understand you wanting a picture. Last night I realized that I don't have a photo of Casey, Sonny, Kian and Rayn together. I meant to ask them to pose.

Betsey I'm struggling with the phone upgrade too. I thought I wanted a smart phone, but maybe I should first try texting on my old phone. The kids want me to text. I need to go to Verizon and see what my options are.

I think Carole and I may be able to get together today. We haven't seen each other in two weeks, due to her being sick.

Last night my throat felt a little sore. Oh dear I have Granny's party next Sat. I can't decide if I should leave my Christmas stuff up or take it down. I like the stuff up and it hides the different colors on the wall. OMG why did I do that? Well I know why I thought we'd be painting and getting the carpet last Nov.

Teia I haven't tracked the package. I didn't write it down (like a dummy)when you posted it. I figured when it gets here, it gets here.

Tish I think Kari is due in Jan. Isn't that right Josie? Casey is in June.

Cheryl has to work today. She was concerned that they were to get more snow. I learned the hospital is 8 miles from her house. Safe travels to her.

We got a dusting to an inch last night.

Cathe at your age, i would be more enthused about the I phone...but at this point in my life......I am not sure I need or want all of those complications......while it would be fun.....I think........it also requires going to classes, etc.......and for cryin' out loud....its a phone. I don't know...as little as I use the darn thing........however, my grandkids and Karen really want me to be able to text........it just seems like a big expense to be able to text when I can call, they can call, we have FB etc. However, now that all of them are on these phones, they never go on FB anymore either....sigh! I don't think I want to be obligated to Jeff and Kim to make sure I get the $40 there on time for them to pay the bill. Sounds like a great deal of hastle to me. I pay all my bills on line........so this would mean I would have to see them, send a check to them or give them cash.......I think my idea of a trac phone for $25 a month that I can do on line is the best thing for me. I am not that crazy about Verizon to begin with. I have never been able to get calls on my cell phone inside this house.....so what's the point??????? Anyway......it also invloves me getting wireless set up, which I don't have, and I also found out that the printer they bought me requires wiresless also........sigh. Why do I need this????? Its another thing to buy and another thing to install and learn about.........I am just not that techie .......I love my computer, but don't need to access stuff when I am not home. I think its all great...but why do I need this??????? Someone needs to explain this all to me better than they have so far. It seems like a lot of $$$$$$ for something I will rarely use. What do you think?????? I need a younger persons input on this I think. LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 07:28 AM

I must admit, Cathe, I did not take the tylenol pm last night. I wanted to see how the night would go without it because of all the ******** I had in my system late afternoon.

The chemo, steriods, and antinausea medications and Lord knows what else. However I do feel pretty good today and am trying to get things put away and maybe my new years resolution, if I make one, will be to get my act together and be thankful for what I have to work with here!

I am praying that when I have my CAT Scan, January 18th, the Lymphoma's have shrunk!

Well as far as pictures. I only got a good family photo on Christmas of Julie's children and grandchildren, and one of Tim and his family. Jill and Lisa are both so finicky about having their photo taken. John, Dennis and Tony were not there. I did get a darling card of Tony and Dani with their two cats so will have to scrap the card.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Ann.......I don't understand????? Why is your dh balking at having a picture with the new great grandbaby?????? Has he seen her yet????? I am guess that would be a no! Hmmmmmm I may have missed something that explains it all. Men!@!!!! Sometimes they are just plain stubborn and bullheaded!!!!!! It just seems a simple thing to me. But then Diana has relatives and a dh that does not want their photos online for anyreason, even just in sb.com on a scrapbook page. So I guess there are things we just don't understand. My thinking is if you don't want your photo anywhere, don't get in the picture. LOL I do tend to oversimplify stuff sometimes...... People just have their own ideas about things and I guess we have to let them have them......! I hope Audie will change his mind and have his photo taken with the new baby! Now in my case.......no one even asks me to hold Lilly and have a photo taken....so you see?????? Its all just a mystery!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 07:35 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, I am not a younger person, and I used to be fairly techie 10 years ago. As I aged, I gave up on alot of the techie stuff. I am wondering why I even pay $40.00 a month for a cell phone that we barely use. My family likes us to have it when we travel, and it really does come in handy when going to MA or CT to visit our families. They can check us on the road, or if we are at Foxwoods for overnights, they call or text to tell us to come over or they will be over. For that reason, I like texting. I use the text feature more than the voice call!

As far as my having a smart phone, I don't need one. My IPAD does all the smart phone does. It is just bigger and I can't make calls on it, but I do not need to. So I am with you on this part about as you get older, you do not need all of the new gadgets.

I am sure if you had a smart phone, you would love it and your grandchildren would have you an expert in no time. The part I wouldn't like would be the getting the $40.00 to your family for the line.

So there I stuck my big nose in and now have to get back to cleaning up Christmas.

Vi loves her Trac Phone or Net One...not sure what it is.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 07:39 AM
In response to memex9

amd speaking of pictures of generations. I have several 5 generation pictures of Allen, his mom, our daughter, Julie, her son and his children.

Where in heck am I????? I could be having at least four generations Me, Julie, her son and my great grandchildren. Duh? No one asks...

I have arrived at the conclusion there is a certain age group that doesn't care about pictures.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning, Betsey! It does sound like you feel a bit better today. Allen was saying he always feels better when he goes outside to work, but I worry about him still.

I feel pretty good this morning, considering I didn't sleep well last night. I tried going back to bed and that didn't work, so I got up again and loaded the washing machine.

Winter is the time of year I prefer either sleeping in, or snuggling under the blankets and reading. I am going to see about moving our 32" tv in the bedroom this week. We just need to run the cable in our bedroom I guess.

Now I can't remember what else I wanted to comment on. Rats.

Betsey, I made myself a smoothie this morning out of the rest of a berry smoothie, chobani yogurt, a banana and some skim milk. Not bad and good nourishment I think.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

The above is my huge post that disappeared when I tried to post it......suffice to say, I am not repeating it all........

I commented on everything...and am not going there again.

Get Audie to get the photo.......some day someone will care. Although no one asks me either Tish, so I am thinking this whole photo thing is just not important to them.......so why am I making all these scrapbooks. I think from now on, I will just make the pages I want to make, keep a book going of "Family" and that's it. I am doing a lot of work, sending out four 35 page scrapbooks every year, and no one is all that enthused..........Last year, David said he wishes I would just put photos in an album without all that "frilly junk" on the page........so if you remember, I made him a 300 page album with photos only, no journaling no dates no names.....so THERE!!!!!!! I did send Lisa and Scotts albums, but of course have heard nothing from either of them......I think it's time to quit. I will continue to scrap, but will just keep adding to these family albums I have already.

I do enjoy them, and love looking back at the first pages I did....and how it has evolved.......so from now on, I will do what I enjoy doing only! What a relief that will be!!!! I made well over 350 pages this past year........and I have maybe 10 in my album......so....enough of that! LOL

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Ann.......I don't understand????? Why is your dh balking at having a picture with the new great grandbaby?????? Has he seen her yet????? I am guess that would be a no! Hmmmmmm I may have missed something that explains it all. Men!@!!!! Sometimes they are just plain stubborn and bullheaded!!!!!! It just seems a simple thing to me. But then Diana has relatives and a dh that does not want their photos online for anyreason, even just in sb.com on a scrapbook page. So I guess there are things we just don't understand. My thinking is if you don't want your photo anywhere, don't get in the picture. LOL I do tend to oversimplify stuff sometimes...... People just have their own ideas about things and I guess we have to let them have them......! I hope Audie will change his mind and have his photo taken with the new baby! Now in my case.......no one even asks me to hold Lilly and have a photo taken....so you see?????? Its all just a mystery!

It is not an issue of the picture. It is an issue of his not wanting to go ANYWHERE! He just wants to stay at home or go to his office...PERIOD! He will go to church as long as it is the normal Sunday worship service. Some medical issues as a result of all the prostate cancer surgeries, etc. do come into play when he has to go for a long time without a restroom, but, really, an hours drive with a rest area on the way and a hospital with a restroom every few feet!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I think I am going to bow out on the phone thing. Originally, when Lisa was going to put me on their plan, they were going to pay also. Now that would have been a great deal of help for me. I would have not had an I phone, but I really don't need that. I don't even have wireless capabilities in this house, so that entails more expense and techie stuff. I am tired of trying to get stuff done here as it is so the last thing I want is more "stuff" that someone has to help me with......! Sigh!

Anyway.......It was a nice thought, and I think their thoughts were right, its just more than I need to deal with right now. I just need a phone to have in the car and when the electric goes out.......LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
  • memex9 Said:

It is not an issue of the picture. It is an issue of his not wanting to go ANYWHERE! He just wants to stay at home or go to his office...PERIOD! He will go to church as long as it is the normal Sunday worship service. Some medical issues as a result of all the prostate cancer surgeries, etc. do come into play when he has to go for a long time without a restroom, but, really, an hours drive with a rest area on the way and a hospital with a restroom every few feet!

Ahhhhhh I get it...and truthfully I do understand. My friend Shirley and I were talking about that yesterday. I never want to go anywhere really. I would rather stay home most of the time. If I could, I guess I would become a hermit of sorts. Just going to the grocery store is a bid deal these days........if I can stop on the way home from work that is good, but once I get home I don't want to leave....I am very content in my house, puttering around, and just being very comfortable.

As for his prostate issues that makes sense to me......I guess some of us, are just really comfortable in our own spaces.....LOL I am thinking maybe he will decide to go as you said, when it is his idea.......! He he he he! I guess we all have our own comfort zones and boy has mine changed over the years. Me who was always the "social butterfly" going to parties, dinners, movies, shows, shopping, and was always ready to go anywhere....now I would just rather stay home. I wonder what that is??????? Is this just old age creeping up or what?????? lOL

Cathe...hope you get out with Carole today.....that will be fun.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to oakhills

Betsey, since I am one of the younger grams, I do not have a smart phone and as long as I can text and get pictures from my daughters thats all I need on my phone. Now the wireless thing comes in handy when you want to move things around. No matter where you put your printer all your gagets will print from it. And you do not have to have a wireless thingy set up for your printer to work. (at least mine didnt) your computer or lap top just need to beable to hook up to wireless. And that works with the CD that should of came with your printer. Unless you have a dinasour computer. All our computers are hooked up to our wireless printer in the house. We do have a wireless internet here cause of the lap tops we have (we have 4 but only two in use).

Its cold here 32 degrees outside but slightly cloudy. of course there is no rain or snow here. The weather man said it will nice till next friday. Now we have been known to get snow in April here so there is still a chance for some white stuff around here.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

One more day and my little boy will be 18. Then all my children will be adults. I am so ready to have my house to myself. I told all my children that I am not allowing any kids to move back in anymore. I am to old to deal with all the drama and the loud noises of the kids and having to put all my things away so little hands do not touch or break things.

Its accually not my age but my mind set I think. I did not move back into my parents house after I had children, I would not do that to them.

Dh and I have been looking for a place in the town he works in. He wants to beable to garden and I want a craft room and a big kitchen and master bath. We saw a few places but they may be rented by the time we decide to move. At least we know they are out there.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; you mean you haven't had a photo taken of you and Lilly? If it's no I believe you should insist on one being taken.

Ann; I'd like to kick Audie for you...

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Betsey, since I am one of the younger grams, I do not have a smart phone and as long as I can text and get pictures from my daughters thats all I need on my phone. Now the wireless thing comes in handy when you want to move things around. No matter where you put your printer all your gagets will print from it. And you do not have to have a wireless thingy set up for your printer to work. (at least mine didnt) your computer or lap top just need to beable to hook up to wireless. And that works with the CD that should of came with your printer. Unless you have a dinasour computer. All our computers are hooked up to our wireless printer in the house. We do have a wireless internet here cause of the lap tops we have (we have 4 but only two in use).

Its cold here 32 degrees outside but slightly cloudy. of course there is no rain or snow here. The weather man said it will nice till next friday. Now we have been known to get snow in April here so there is still a chance for some white stuff around here.

My computer is Windows 7 and is from 2010.......Emachine. The new printer is Lexmark and you do have to have wireless for it to work. I see problems with that idea already.......as my computer is old, by computer standards. As for the I phone, I just don't want to pay $40 a month for cell phone service that I rarely use. I am paying $60 now and the whole point was to get rid of that deal......I am not on a contract so can drop it at anytime. It's with Verizon, which I hate, as I cannot talk or receive cell phone calls inside my house. Everyone else can on their plans but not mine......! So it's not my house, its the Verizon signal. Anyway.......I am trying to eliminate payments not increase them. Quite honestly, I never use my Cell phone, but like having it in the car and when I am out in the yard, etc. etc. I cannot text with it, nor use the internet. It is an old flip phone probably 8-9 years old. I can access the web actually but it costs a fortune. I can take photos with it, but cvannot get them off without accessing internet which as I said costs big bucks...so I never use it. It's basically a waste of money and I need to get rid of it. I only have 250 minutes a month, which I never use, but it's still costing me over $60 a month. All I really need is a cheapie trac phone that I can add minutes to from my computer. I can get that for as little as $10.95 a month for a Jitterbug. It has no bells and whistles however, and the kids want me to be able to text as none of them actually talk on their phones any more it seems, and they hate it when I call them. None of them have a home phone, so the only way I can get them is through their cell phones.........Personally its a PIA but been this way for a long long time. So........that's the story. I just read the box for the printer again, and it says you must have wireless capabilities which I don't. Anyway.........that's the story of that. I will tell you what I decide and how it goes after our appointment. When I have to take a class or two to work a cell phone, that's more than I care to deal with. As little as I use it, it will be like my camera.........I have to read the instructions again every time I want to do something as I don't use it often enough to remember the instructions.....LOL I know this is difficult for younger folks to understand....but you will have one of those "Ah-ha" moments someday when you realize you have to do the same thing. I have them often and remember my Mother and how annoying it was to have to explain the simplest directions to her over and over. I never let her know that of course, but now I understand.......!And wish I could just hug her and let her know that I "get it"!!!!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; I don't have a Iphone or 'smart' phone but sorta a regular phone. I can text on it.. no internet, etc. I don't feel the need for that. I think you should listen to your heart/head. sounds like you'll be talking about it with family again.

I do love texting. Don't do a lot of it. It helps me 'get to the point' with my kids... no extra chit chat.

I was wondering if you'd heard from Lisa. Sigh. Sorry; . I'm sorry for you and also her. She's losing valuable time and not taking care of the issues that bother her.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Happy Birthday to your son Teia. I never considered 18 to be adult. I'm assuming you'll wait until he is off to the Army to move. I like your plan of being closer to hubby's work. Life is easier that way and cheaper. Is that farther south?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Cathe; hope you get out with Carol... I miss my friends when haven't seen them for weeks.

Tish; I'm like you; these days I just want a blanket and a book... slug mode or is it hibernation.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

Betsey...our plan is with Verizon and my phone is just a simple one that has a full keyboard so I can text. I could have it on the Internet but don't because of cost and it isn't really a phone that is made for that so it is difficult to get around on the Internet on it. My kids got dgd Breanna the same phone I have because they didn't want her to have Internet on the phone...it's her first phone..she is 13. One thing we learned is that different phones pick the signal better than others. Sil Nathan's phone is terrible with the signal, yet Roy can be standing in the same place and have service. Check brands of phone...Roy's is a Samsung and pretty plain...basic texting and calling. We all 4 share a plan for the ranch..all share 750 minutes a month...so it is good we don't have service here at the ranch! lol

Roy says he is just feeling "worthless"...no energy. Sound familiar?

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to bears99

Betsey, the only one in our family who has an i-phone out here in the country is our dgd but she is away at college most of the time. The others in the family who do have i-phones get service pretty good here. We do have wireless in the house for the computers and printers. We have a "gadget" (I am so terrible with technological names) that we used on an old computer that did not have wireless capability. I think one of those and a router that cost as little as $40 will make your computer wireless capable. If you decide to do the wireless, I will send you this "gadget" as we got rid of the computer that needed it.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

Betsey you could get the kids to pay for the wireless since they bought you the printer *cheeky grin*..... I find it interesting that people give you things that require you to buy something else to use it. Some have no thought concept.

I made most of my gifts this year. I have tons of stuff around the place so it was cheaper for me this year. I may do the same thing next year, just start earlier on makin stuff so I am not so rushed as I was this year... The only thing is I need to remember where I put them

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Betsey...our plan is with Verizon and my phone is just a simple one that has a full keyboard so I can text. I could have it on the Internet but don't because of cost and it isn't really a phone that is made for that so it is difficult to get around on the Internet on it. My kids got dgd Breanna the same phone I have because they didn't want her to have Internet on the phone...it's her first phone..she is 13. One thing we learned is that different phones pick the signal better than others. Sil Nathan's phone is terrible with the signal, yet Roy can be standing in the same place and have service. Check brands of phone...Roy's is a Samsung and pretty plain...basic texting and calling. We all 4 share a plan for the ranch..all share 750 minutes a month...so it is good we don't have service here at the ranch! lol

Roy says he is just feeling "worthless"...no energy. Sound familiar?

We recently learned of a device that a farmer in our area uses so he has better service for his cell phone out on the farm. It is a booster with a small antenna that is installed on the exterior of his home. Not sure exactly how it works...it costs about $200 for the equipment. We thought about it because we can't use our cellphones in the house, but decided against it because we still have to maintain our land line phone for Audie's work. When he retires, it may be an option so we can do away with the land line.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 11:28 AM
In response to oakhills

Ann, I have become the hermit in our family! Allen likes to go more than I do, but he is like Audie in that he plans his trips and miles where he knows there will be available restrooms along the way. He has some prostrate problems also.

I especially like to be in where it is warm during the winter weather!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 11:33 AM
In response to bears99

We have been with Verizon for quite a few years and my contract ran out about 2 years ago, and I did not add another contract so can drop them anytime.

The coverage is not the best right here in my area and it does have a lot to do with the type of phone here. The Samsung works the best for us. It is a flip phone with great keyboard for texting. Thing it is a Samsung Alias 2 and it must be four years old. We could get internet on it and other bells and whistles, but I do not need it no the extra cost.

I have been laying down for a couple of hours. I had so much planned today, ugh. I felt dizzy and lightheaded and flushed so decided to lie low awhile. Feeling fine now!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 11:36 AM
In response to oakhills

To many people are ditching their land lines for just cell service. I guess it is cheaper, but it sure hurts the land line business! LOL. The company Tim works for is down about 1,000 access lines due to people going with just cell service.

So that means no bonus's etc, and people being laid off due to cash flow.

We will probably always keep our land line.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 11:42 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I am with you on not always considering 18 to be adult, Di. Some are ready at that age to be out on their own and some not. Some are more mature at 18.

I was talking with our oldest son today in CT. and he was saying Chelsea is going to have to come home and finish her last semester at college from home via commute. She is 22 now. She has lived in the dorm on campus, lived at home, had an apartment with "the girls" and dad said it will be cheaper to make her come back home to finish out her schooling. He pays $400.00 a month toward her apartment and told her if she wanted to keep the apartment, she would have to earn the money.

As you know we had a son that had to move back home after his divorce for awhile. That worked out fine, but I will admit, I like our privacy and our home to ourselves, and he was happy to get into a place of his own. True he has to pinch pennies very carefully and we miss having him here. There are different situations for everyone I guess.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 11:50 AM
In response to tneal40

Teia, the only reason I have a wireless router is because Tim knew Allen was buying me an IPAD last year for Christmas. He knew we would need a wireless router so that was our Christmas present from him. My keyboard and mouse are wireless but my printer is plugged in as always to the computer.

He also hooked up some gadget so it goes to the TV, but I haven't even attempted to figure out what that is all about. To much for my noggin.

I hope this year, I can get my act together and make mittens and hats and afghans for Christmas gifts. Last year (well this past year was a lost cause in the handmade department for me). Instead I ended up buying winter hats for Tim, Abbi, Max and Jackson. Two came from nice Craft Fairs. I can do things like this but just didn't have any mojo this year at all.

We will hope things improve and I don't crawl into a shell like a turtle.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 11:53 AM
In response to Sunnydi

I have seen a photo of Betsey and Lilly!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

I missed that photo then. Tish; you have to lay low when the body tells you to.

Here is the two-pager I fretted over - close up in my gallery. I Did not use the new MS punch on here... planning to use it soon though.

Garden D'LIghts By Sunnydi

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 01:14 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Here it 'Tis Di....I will repost for Betsey!

Meme and Lilly......... By Memex9

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 01:24 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, my computer is even older than yours. I think is is from 2008...EEEEEK! Still working so will hold onto it until it dies from use or old age!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:04 PM
In response to Tishd

Good afternoon Grams!

Poor Chloe still has a terrible cough but says she is feeling better. She does however want to stay home and NOT go anywhere! She is a true homebody. She is really stuffed up now. We have watched the Smurf movie and the old movie Multiplicity with Michael Keaton.

Peter just left to go to the commissary. I really wanted to go but must stay with the ill child.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:06 PM
In response to charK

BETSEY I say go with the TRAC phone. I bought a LG phone from Walmart and have the $35 a month plan. Unlimited text and talk and has internet but I rarely use it. Nice to have if out on the road and want to look up a restaurant or address if lost, features I have used. I have automatic refill every month come out of my checking account. I can also take and receive pictures, that is included. I LOVE it!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:13 PM
In response to charK

ANN I agree with Diana....give him a little kick! LOL My dh is usually up for going anywhere I want. I on the other hand prefer to stay home.

Before the girls lived with us I went days without leaving the house!

I will make a very good little old lady....I will live with my chihuahua and cats, yes plural cats.....and find neighbor kids to send to the store for cat food! We had a neighbor like that on our block...he would call our house and mom made one of us go for her. She paid us 5 cents or a stale old candy bar.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Betsey you could get the kids to pay for the wireless since they bought you the printer *cheeky grin*..... I find it interesting that people give you things that require you to buy something else to use it. Some have no thought concept.

I made most of my gifts this year. I have tons of stuff around the place so it was cheaper for me this year. I may do the same thing next year, just start earlier on makin stuff so I am not so rushed as I was this year... The only thing is I need to remember where I put them

I would never, ever ask my kids, especially Karen and family, to buy me more for Christmas. Especially now that they have had this horrific accident to deal with. They will be lucky if David is able to work again, and if that happens they will indeed lose their home after 26 years. Even without that, i would never ever ask them to buy me anything like that. My children all work very hard for their money and have enough to contend with at this point.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Now I remember the photo Tish... thanks for the clang to my head; I needed it.

I'm heading into the 'after Holiday' depression Grams. I always get it and it usually lasts a week or so.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 02:25 PM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
ANN I agree with Diana....give him a little kick! LOL My dh is usually up for going anywhere I want. I on the other hand prefer to stay home.

I will make a very good little old lady....I will live with my chihuahua and cats, yes plural cats.....and find neighbor kids to send to the store for cat food! We had a neighbor like that on our block...he would call our house and mom made one of us go for her. She paid us 5 cents or a stale old candy bar.

LOL, I will be the same as you Char. I can picture it now, and I am not far from that stage. LOL. The problem here would be the neighborhood kid would have to have a car because I doubt they would walk to the store 5 miles one way to get our cat food and supplies!

I want another kitty in the worst way, but will wait awhile before dumping that request on Allen. Might have to have two.

Sorry Chloe is still sick.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:

Gee Char.. forget the neighbor kids... you can order groceries over the phone nowadays.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Have you heard if DAvid's pain is in control now? I feel so sorry for him/all of them. What a piece of bad luck.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 02:27 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, we actually asked our son John not to buy us any gifts. He has a heart of gold and is really struggling to pay his mortgage payment, gas, groceries etc.

How is David doing today???

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 02:29 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Now I remember the photo Tish... thanks for the clang to my head; I needed it.

I'm heading into the 'after Holiday' depression Grams. I always get it and it usually lasts a week or so.

Di, I had a bit of that yesterday but it seems to have lifted today. Going for chemo and seeing so many really sick people depresses me, and I count my blessings that I am mobile and still have hair. I do not know about teeth though! Going to try to get into the dentist on Wednesday if weather permits!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 02:30 PM
In response to Tishd

Dropping off a page. I don't really like my page design, but I do like the photo's.

JOY By Tishd

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Betsey; you mean you haven't had a photo taken of you and Lilly? If it's no I believe you should insist on one being taken.

Again....a whole long post is gone....I am sick of this.....enough!

There is a photo of me with lilly on the day she was born, but it is not that great, and it is the only one. There are many of grandma and grandpa.....with Lilly, but they did not even take one of Ronnie on christmas with her...and he is her only Great Grandpa.....sooooo apparently it's not that important to them.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 02:34 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Again....a whole long post is gone....I am sick of this.....enough!

There is a photo of me with lilly on the day she was born, but it is not that great, and it is the only one. There are many of grandma and grandpa.....with Lilly, but they did not even take one of Ronnie on christmas with her...and he is her only Great Grandpa.....sooooo apparently it's not that important to them.

As you read on Betsey, you will see I found it and posted it here.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • charK Said:

Gee Char.. forget the neighbor kids... you can order groceries over the phone nowadays.

I will have to depend on the neighbor kids....of which, now that I think of it, there are none! hammmmmmmm....no ordering of groceries on the phone here.........all we have are meals on wheels, and frnkly cat food is more appealing. Terrible meals.......really terrible.

Char before I went back to work, I not only went days without leaving the house, I also went days without speaking a word.......when you live alone, unless the phone rings you do not talk. LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Sunnydi

Good afternoon.

My box arrived! I haven't opened it yet. It has pretty blue and white snowmen on it and a vintage looking tag. It is kind of heavy. I like looking at it. Will anyone be around at 7 Central time tonight on fb?

Let's see... Char who is the provider for a TRAC phone? Verizon comes in awesome here and at Devil's lake. AT&T doesn't. I'm thinking I don't need a smart phone. BUT now I want an Ipad. Maybe I'll approach Rum about that ....maybe if I pay half he'll go for it.

Teia Happy Birthday to your son.

Di-I'm dying to see your new punch. Only you said sb doesn't have it and I have gift certificates for here.

Carole and I did get out to the mall. It was good to catch up. She doesn't go back until the 7th so we can get together again next week. I want her to go with me and look at glasses frames. I've wanted new frames for over a year. Then I thought...do I really need to spend the money? Mine don't look too out of style I don't think.

I thought i was getting a cold. I stopped at Walgrens and got Coldeez because they were cheaper than Zicam. The first one wasn't too bad. But I sucked on one 4 hrs later and ICK!!! I had to eat cheese and crackers and have Pepsi to get the taste out of my mouth.!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Staying home: I used to run into town every day. Now I like to stay home. I would take a trip on the drop of a hat though. Rum not so much. I can feel that as I approach ...let's say 70, I'll not want to go out. It is creeping up on me.

I wouldn't order groceries on the phone...because I saw that horrid movie Death Wish. I hated that movie.

We are all excited here in Northern Illinois because Northern Illinois University is playing in the Orange Bowl. It is Charity's Alma mater. I hope they don't get killed.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:42 PM
In response to memex9

BETSEY it seems that pictures are not that important to most people. Since the "old" days when cameras and film processing were expensive and considered a luxury it has all changed.

Now all the young folk take pictures with their phones! Drives me batty! Can't get a nice picture sometimes from taking them off of facebook.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:46 PM
In response to charK

I just got a new wireless printer. We have a laser jet printer unstairs but it never prints from my laptop. It also only prints in B&W. So new one is ink jet printer with color. Still not set up yet but will try and get dh to do it today.

We already have the wireless router going.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:46 PM
In response to charK

BETSEY you need a pet....you can talk to it and it will meow or bark back!! I say get a cat, easier to train and they like being left alone.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:48 PM
In response to charK

CATHE I have never seen that movie and now I definately will not see it.

I will drive once a week to the grocery store!! If unable to drive I can walk, it is just down the street. I will go with my wire rolling basket and sturdy walking shoes!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 02:50 PM
In response to charK

I think TRAC phone is sprint and verizon. They have a map at walmart that shows the coverage areas, and truth be told, there are really only 2 companies for phones. They have bought each other out and consolidated.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to charK

Just checking in on the sick ones...David, Cheryl's daughter, Tish, Char's dgd, and Dori......have we heard how Dori is today???

I think we have the next baby coming...in about 3 weeks. C-section scheduled for January 21...if she goes that long! She went to the doctor on the 26th and was already dilated to 2cm. Not good if they are really planning on a c-section! She has some contractions every day...today she says her hips and pelvic bones just hurt. Makes lifting the 30 pound toddler hard so I have been trying to pick up the slack in the care of Greyden! He is having SO much fun playing with the puppy, although sometimes the pup gets too rough.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

Cathe...I'm with you on scary movies. Don't like them AT ALL! I'm laughing about being able to order groceries on the phone...wouldn't have thought of that!!! Don't think it could happen here but it might be nice! I would rather have pizza delivery...like tonight for supper!

I think I can be on FB at 7 CT..will be 6 here so if I'm not fixing supper I'll be here/there! CAn't wait to hear what is in your box, Cathe.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 03:33 PM
In response to bears99

I am fine tonight, Jo! Just flushed and light headed this morning...just a reaction I guess. All is well this evening.

Cathe, I will try to get on fb at 7:00 Central time....that is 8:00 my time right? Jog my brain!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to bears99

Will plan to be on facebook at 7.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Cathe, the birthday card you sent is gorgeous! I may have to "lift" that design except I don't have that great embossing folder.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Dori is doing good. Eating soft things and keeping them down. Thanks for asking. She lost a lb. Danielle said.. now down to 24 lbs. She's tiny.

My room is looking better; not done yet as moving a few things around on one small table to make room for card making.

Cathe... I'll set my timer and pop on FB. 7 central... 5 pacific time, right?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good afternoon.

My box arrived! I haven't opened it yet. It has pretty blue and white snowmen on it and a vintage looking tag. It is kind of heavy. I like looking at it. Will anyone be around at 7 Central time tonight on fb?

I checked the map:

7 central is

8 easter

6 Mtn

5 Pacific

I'll try to be there but am making dinner... hmmm

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Betsey; earlier you were talking about not making albums for family members anymore. I don't do that. Danielle wants me to make one for Dori but I told her that they can just take the layouts about dori I do out of my books when I'm really old or gone. Danielle said she wants my albums "as is" someday... I said for her to photograph/print layouts for copies.. I scrap for me now and .. they'll have to figure it out someday

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

Diana.....I was making the albums every year for each of my four childrens family. That was their Christmas gift from me. I can no longer afford to buy for 11 grandchildren as they are adults and teens and all live lives that i can't afford and hate to send them junk they will never use, so in lieuu of that, I made a yearly album for each family. The first two years they seemed thrilled, but now they are less than interested. In light of the mess with my dd Lisa, this was the last year that I will do that. It is a lot of work to make duplicate pages for each album, etc........and because they don't seem interested or really seem to like them, I have decided it is too much work and such to do it, so I will just continue with my own albums of family (I have four) and that will be that. When I am dead they can fight over them or not.......I will not know or care at that point. I think some day they will wish that had them...but.......sometimes one has to realize the reality of it all and those things don't mean the same things to all people. Karen's family seems to love them...and so does my son Jeff. But that is about it......and not all of Karen's family really....David does not care for them, and Rachael is not all that interested.......sooooooo I will continue to finish the one for Ally of her pregnancy, her showers and gifts and so forth, but that will be it.

Since you, Diana, only have Dori......maybe you could make her an album of 8 x 8's or something....but you know best. And while I think it is sad about my family and their deminishing interest in the photos and albums.....it will not take away from my joy in getting things down in albums for whoever might be interested one day. Maybe none of them.......and maybe they will fight over them....I don't care!

Since I went back to work, keeping up with four albums, and my own has been a lot of work.....so I will enjoy not being under all that pressure.

Tish did you get your brothers album finished????? I am sure he will love it.

I am watching the movie The Duchess......I just watched Pride and Prejudice......loved the book and love this movie........good literature will be good forever.....classics are still the best!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Thanks you for "watching" me open my gift. I can hardly wait to use the nesting scallops. I always need pads of paper and the tiles are so cute. The ornament is pretty too. And I haven't forgotten the gift certificate to sb. Thank you so much Teia.

Albums--not sure Casey wants such big one. But too bad. Doug (who throws stuff out) really likes them I think. The kids like them. I did quit making lo for me unless we do a challenge like "our walk to school" Actually those are the things I wish I could have asked my grandma and mom. so I think I'm going to do more of that.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Tish is in bed, but I wonder if she finished the tray she was working on.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:01 PM
In response to memex9

I did not get Ralph's book finished in time for Christmas and he didn't expect me to finish it by then. I hope to get it off in the mail in a couple of weeks after I put in a few more finishing touches. LOL

I am starting to feel pretty much the same way about making albums year after year for all the family members. It is way to expensive to buy the albums, the extra fillers, photo paper, ink and all that goes with the process. I am taking an attitude much like yours and Di's. I am going to make them for those that sincerely seemed to love them, and then I will make family ones for keeping here at home and let them fight over them.

I agree with Char. The younger generations do not seem to love taking pictures. They use their phones a lot and do not download. SOme of the cell phones take excellent photo's, and Lisa uses her often and only downloads the ones she likes. Heaven forbid we see a bad picture of her. I am also seeing many photo's now of my granddogs instead of my grandchildren!

I love to see the pictures of the granddogs, but I want to see pictures of my family too.

OK, enough gab from me, it is off to bed for this body and mind.

Nite, nite!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:03 PM
In response to Tishd

If I ever have another great grandchild, or grandchild, I am going to make albums similar to the ones Cathe and Ann made. I loved those!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-29-12 06:05 PM

Cathe, I am on my way to bed. Help, was I working on a tray? I am losing my mind for sure. You said you wondered if I finished the tray I was working on????? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

I am glad you liked the gifts I sent to you. I am again sorry I messed up with your address (I have it in my phone now lol)

I have started on a photo album for my new grandbaby and have gotten a few LO's done. I sat down and figured out what to put in the album. Day of birth, first word, tooth, steps, babtism, etc. So far I have about 16 pages to be done of two page lay outs. so that is 32 pages I guess lol. dd Suzanna (the one in mexico) does scrapping so she can fill in what I dont. Or request the pages.

The swap I am working on is a callendar. My partner requested Vintage. So I am using Ladies Diary. I painted the board a mixture of nutmeg and white to make a pretty tan color for the background of the board. I have some vintage lace I found in my mothers stuff I will use on it also. Its going to be very fancy and pretty.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to tneal40

I have a question for you all. What would make lace stiff? I want to make some lace into curly ribbon like. I thought about liquid startch but is there anything else you ladies may know that would stiffin fabric or lace?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Cathe, I am on my way to bed. Help, was I working on a tray? I am losing my mind for sure. You said you wondered if I finished the tray I was working on????? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe tray isn't the right word....Betsey help me out....you know the wooden thing with little sections to fill in...??can't think of the name.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Teai I'm not sure what would make the lace stiff...maybe a spry on something or other. Maybe you could ask at a fabric store. Betsey might know.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - The printer's tray is what Tish was working on.

Tish - The thing you painted and were trying to figure out how to decorate each space. Did you ever finish it?

Betsey - I don't think you would ever use a smart phone to its full capacity. I am upgrading to a "smart phone" in January because I love and will use all the things you can do on them now. I text more than I call on my phone except I do call my mother (who does text occasionally). My dh REFUSES to learn anything about cell phones and knows only how to call and answer his phone. We still travel and it will be great for having it as a GPS. You can talk to the phone and it will type what you are saying that then you can send it as a text. LOTS of cool stuff!!

My grandfather has a trac phone that he takes in the car with him when he goes somewhere so that if he has an accident or some emergency, he can call my mom or my uncle. He LOVES his trac phone and it doesn't cost him much a month. I think about $10 like you said.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Teia; I believe you can coat lace with mod podge and work it into the shape you want and it'll dry that way.. might test it first though.

That is a good question to put on the General Forumn Board here... you can get more help that way and other's will appreciate the advice also.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; an 8x8" for Dori might be a good idea... I'll think on it.

a year ago I said I was going to sort all my two kids' photos and make books... my son asked me two weeks ago "when do I get my book?" He surprised me.

Guess I need to make that a priority this year.

ni ni all.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 08:15 PM
In response to Sunnydi

DIANA you could do one of the 8x8 books that i got with the divided page protectors. Put 2 pics in and add the embellies and journaling on small cardstock to put in the other 2 spaces.

OR you could go DIGI for a book for her!!! HINT, HINT!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 08:16 PM
In response to Sunnydi

TEIA I would do glue with a bit of water, basically mod podge, but cheaper.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-29-12 08:33 PM
In response to charK

TOES!
December Toes By CharK

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good afternoon.

Let's see... Char who is the provider for a TRAC phone? Verizon comes in awesome here and at Devil's lake. AT&T doesn't. I'm thinking I don't need a smart phone. BUT now I want an Ipad. Maybe I'll approach Rum about that ....maybe if I pay half he'll go for it.

Teia Happy Birthday to your son.

Di-I'm dying to see your new punch. Only you said sb doesn't have it and I have gift certificates for here.

Carole and I did get out to the mall. It was good to catch up. She doesn't go back until the 7th so we can get together again next week. I want her to go with me and look at glasses frames. I've wanted new frames for over a year. Then I thought...do I really need to spend the money? Mine don't look too out of style I don't think.

I thought i was getting a cold. I stopped at Walgrens and got Coldeez because they were cheaper than Zicam. The first one wasn't too bad. But I sucked on one 4 hrs later and ICK!!! I had to eat cheese and crackers and have Pepsi to get the taste out of my mouth.!

Hahahahaha.......I had that same reaction, last year when I tried Zicam........another case of the cure is worse than the actual disease. Why oh why are they so horrible.?????? OMG you have me a laugh this morning.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
BETSEY you need a pet....you can talk to it and it will meow or bark back!! I say get a cat, easier to train and they like being left alone.

The very LAST thing I need is a pet. First of all I am highly allergic..........and truthfully, I have no desire to have a pet here. I have enough stray cats and dogs in my yard, digging up stuff, pooping everywhere....etc.......no thanks. I had pets when my kids lived at home. We had rabbits, cats, two dogs, fish, turtles, hamsters, gerbils etc. I loved both of our dogs and all of our cats..........but now that I live alone......I have no desire for a pet ever again.

I doubt that I could afford a pet honestly. I know that Karen and Jeff, well all of my children have dogs, and their vet bills, boarding fees for when they go away are huge. And in Florida there is the heart worm issue which is an expensive med. I had one dog, when we first moved to Florida, and that was enough for me. I think it is just too hot here for dogs.....! But that is just me.....Lord knows we have the land of the Pit Bulls here in Pasco County. Every dog in my neighborhood is a Pit Bull or a pit bull mix. YuK!!!!!! I am not that comfortable around big dogs quite honestly. I guess I am not a real dog lover........they all kind of scare me really. It's why I don't walk in my neighborhood or ride a bike. There are just too many loose dogs and that does scare me.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
I think TRAC phone is sprint and verizon. They have a map at walmart that shows the coverage areas, and truth be told, there are really only 2 companies for phones. They have bought each other out and consolidated.

We have a zillion different trac phones available here.....Net 10, Emobile, and I can't remember all of them, but they use all of the same towers. Verizon is just the most expensive Cell phone service there is. Personally I would not have chosen them again........but I am on Kim and Jeff's plan, so for $40 a month I will use it. If the money rises, like I know it does with Verizon, then I will just get out. I will see how this goes.......with this phone....but I can see there are things I will never, ever use. I am just not that techie. Frankly if you are computer literate, using this phone is not that difficult. Again its just learning the sequence of things......that will take me some time, as I am not used to it. Also, it transposed my phone list to alphabetical by last name, where I had everyone in by first name....sigh!!!!! There are numbers in there that I don't even know who they are........anymore. I have had that same phone for over 8 years.......LOL three of my "contacts" are now deceased........so I will have to go into that some day and delete people. LOL

It is chilly again this morning......it went up to 78 yesterday..........now down into the 30's this morning, high today 60 and expected high tomorrow 75.......no wonder everyone here is sick and can't get well.....by next Friday, the expected high is 79! I am not crazy about this up and down weather, and truthfully this is what I hate about winter in Florida........it never stays cool for more than a day or two.....and then it's hot again. If it is sunny out on the day that it goes to 79 that is really more like 85 and will be well over 80 in my house just from the sun. Our sun is hot even in winter. Not like in the north when the sun is not that warm in winter.

Coffee is ready this morning......I have been up a while, watching news........in my bed with coffee.....had to turn the heat on again this morning.......LOL

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-30-12 05:12 AM

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

maybe tray isn't the right word....Betsey help me out....you know the wooden thing with little sections to fill in...??can't think of the name.

Cathe, as you can see, I was tired last night! Yes, yes, yes... i didn't do anything great to it, and ended up giving it to Abbi filled with little things. Tim said she LOVED it, and he is going to hang it for her. It mis called a shadow box or printers tray!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

I thought she meant your shadow box/printers tray thingie. I think that some call it a printers tray, ..........that is what I assumed she was talking about. I thought you posted a photo of that a while back.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
If I ever have another great grandchild, or grandchild, I am going to make albums similar to the ones Cathe and Ann made. I loved those!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-30-12 05:25 AM
In response to Tishd

Good morning Grans! I am finally up and moving. Had a good nights sleep and woke up from weird dreams!

We have over a foot of snow this morning, and it is still coming down. Very pretty! Stevie just plowed us out, and Allen is out feeding our birds!

Char, I love your pretty Christmas toes!

I think I asked before, and no one answered....but do any of you do anything for New Years Eve, or New Years day?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
I have a question for you all. What would make lace stiff? I want to make some lace into curly ribbon like. I thought about liquid startch but is there anything else you ladies may know that would stiffin fabric or lace?

There is a spray stiffener....or mod podge. Those are my two ideas........some clear glues would work too, but a bit messy!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning Grans! I am finally up and moving. Had a good nights sleep and woke up from weird dreams!

We have over a foot of snow this morning, and it is still coming down. Very pretty! Stevie just plowed us out, and Allen is out feeding our birds!

Char, I love your pretty Christmas toes!

I think I asked before, and no one answered....but do any of you do anything for New Years Eve, or New Years day?

NOPE.....not any more......!!!!! I used to love New years eve......went to parties, dressed up etc.......but at some point around the time I quit drinking, and the kids were older, started staying home and they would have slumber parties and bang all the pots and pans outside at midnight........along with horns and other noisy things.....ROFL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

As for New Years Day......I used to cook a big dinner when my kids were still at home, and we had close friends over, watched the bowl games etc. Always cooked black-eyed-peas, greens and a ham. Had other stuff too, but always had that. Oh yes...and scalloped potatoes.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Just a note....I am looking at Bar Harbor, Maine on the weather channel....over two feet of snow and still snowing, 20mph winds, they are showing the harbor right now, with the boats and snow blowing.....apparently Maine is really getting hammered with snow.......soooooooo Tishie are you still with us????????

I am thinking her internet might be down by now......Hope you have a fire going. LOL I also hope you take some photos from your window so I can see snow.....Real snow! As only Maine knows snow!!!! LOL I have to say, however, the snows we used to get in Michigan were pretty big too......and yes I do miss that...for about four days.......then enough........! Now we are on 95 driving from Portland.....south.....wow really something!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

We always watched ******** Clark ring in the New Year, sad to say that wont happen this year. My dh and I are going to a movie on New Years Eve. We will stay up and ring in the new year watching movies then who ever does the NY show for the ball dropping. New Years Day is a football day so we make subs. I will probably be in my scraproom working on my 3 swaps I have going on here on SB.

I woke up from a werid dream. I was at a college book store getting a date book and when I went back to my locker to get my back pack a bunch of men were breaking into the lockers and stealing money out of them. I calmly walked to my locker, opened it up and took my backpack out, swong it on to my shoulder and started to walk away when one of them stopped me and showed me a knife. Asked if I had any money and I said no spent all my cash in the store. Showed them the date book as proof. Then they asked if I had any credit cards and in my dreams I laughed at them. I gave them to them and told them they were maxed out and I will just call them in stolen anyway so they can have them. I woke up after that so not sure if they would of got mad and stuck me or just let me go with my maxed out cards or not.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I just put a small Turkey in the oven, with stuffing and it's already smelling great! It's only a 12 lb turkey......so I will take it to Karens I think.......I will make gravy, mashed potatoes, peas/mushrooms........and cranberries. We will have our last Holiday dinner until next year....LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
We always watched ******** Clark ring in the New Year, sad to say that wont happen this year. My dh and I are going to a movie on New Years Eve. We will stay up and ring in the new year watching movies then who ever does the NY show for the ball dropping. New Years Day is a football day so we make subs. I will probably be in my scraproom working on my 3 swaps I have going on here on SB.

I woke up from a werid dream. I was at a college book store getting a date book and when I went back to my locker to get my back pack a bunch of men were breaking into the lockers and stealing money out of them. I calmly walked to my locker, opened it up and took my backpack out, swong it on to my shoulder and started to walk away when one of them stopped me and showed me a knife. Asked if I had any money and I said no spent all my cash in the store. Showed them the date book as proof. Then they asked if I had any credit cards and in my dreams I laughed at them. I gave them to them and told them they were maxed out and I will just call them in stolen anyway so they can have them. I woke up after that so not sure if they would of got mad and stuck me or just let me go with my maxed out cards or not.

Teia.....according to sb.com D I C K is a bad word, so that is why it is bleeped out....you have to write it with a space between each letter.......I guess this new generation does not know that D I C K is a mans name........LOL OMG this just cracks me up. Of all the language that appears almost everywhere they bleep out D I C K! It's just too funny!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-30-12 07:04 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Just a note....I am looking at Bar Harbor, Maine on the weather channel....over two feet of snow and still snowing, 20mph winds, they are showing the harbor right now, with the boats and snow blowing.....apparently Maine is really getting hammered with snow.......soooooooo Tishie are you still with us????????

I am thinking her internet might be down by now......Hope you have a fire going. LOL I also hope you take some photos from your window so I can see snow.....Real snow! As only Maine knows snow!!!! LOL I have to say, however, the snows we used to get in Michigan were pretty big too......and yes I do miss that...for about four days.......then enough........! Now we are on 95 driving from Portland.....south.....wow really something!

Betsey, well we got another snow storm yesterday and last night that was bigger than the one we got in the middle of the week. It is still lightly coming down in Thorndike. Will take some photo's today. The house is warm and cozy, and I would love to have a crackling fire going right now in a Franklin stove or fireplace!

I do think they may have more in Jill's area which is Bar Harbor. The snowmobilers and ski resorts love this! I guess the kids do too. We are plowed already, thanks to nephew. Well we pay him, but he is cheaper than many in the area!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-30-12 07:07 AM
In response to tneal40

We will probably just get some snacky stuff and something yummy to bring in the New Year. We no longer go out to celebrate. We haven't for years. We used to ring in the New Years Eve at a friends home with several other close couples that Allen taught with.

New Years Day will find football on here at home!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 12-30-12 07:10 AM
In response to memex9

I find this funny that D I C K gets bleeped out and another work I think is ********. Nope they let ******** go, hmmm what word is it that I use that gets bleeped. It isn't a swear word!

Facebook doesn't seem to censor anything!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics