Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I checked back and started doing this 5 years ago. fun to see the kids change.

Glad Chloe is better and the new washer is launched...woohoo.

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 11:07 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Love it Di, and love Char's idea too!

I can't bear to part with any of my photo cards and I save all my regular cards too. I must be a hoarder!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 11:09 AM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
I saw an idea for the photo cards you get for Christmas. Use a punch and punch them down the side and then put them on d-rings. Use 2 rings. Makes a mini book to add to each year.

So glad to hear little Miss Chloe is better today!

I like your idea of the d-rings for the photo cards.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

• scrappin 2 Said:
Betsy I'm looking at green colors. It was green and I loved it. I don't know the brand or the color. At first I was going toward something lighter and neutral, but didn't like any or the colors.I like color. I'm getting closer now. The carpet color is called Sawgrass. It has a greenish grayish sheen to it with a slight pattern.

It sounds really pretty.......I like some green colors myself......I have sage green walls in my spare room, with a lighter sage green carpet. All the furniture is shabby white, including an old iron bed.....the curtains and bedding are all pink and green.......I love that room still.....and its been that way for 10 years now. Usually I change my decor about every 6-8 years.....at least parts of it, not necessarily the carpeting.......but this is still a room that I always feel good about when I look in or walk in......and even when I clean and vac. So .....if I still like it why change it????? I am getting to where I wish I had wood in the LR which goes right into the eating area and kitchen, but I did not do it in the original remodel when I moved in........I was tired of wood floors as they were so cold in my last house. But it was and old, old house.....and now I kind of wish I had done the living room. Oh well....I also wish I had plantation shutter in there and in here.....however, I would have needed a mortgage to get them.......this entire room is nothing but windows and big ones at that...plantation shutter would have cost a fortune........I really need to hit the lottery! First to pay off the mortgage and then the shutters.....ROFL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
my machine has a reddish button that says pause/cancel unlock door.

I am going to order the Downton Abbey DVD's today. I will take you at your word that it is good!

By the way did you say Duck Dynasty was a good show??????

I love Duck Dynasty.......it is hysterical.....you did not find it funny I take it??????? I know so many people like them.....they are a riot. You do realize these people are billionaires, almost all with college educations and degrees right/?????? They are not stupid.....just "country"! I love the humor.

And Ann....I think that is why I find the show funny and down to earth. They are obviously moral people treat their wives and children well, there is none of the trashy stuff so obvious in so many of the other reality shows....I just think they are funny! But then I also love Moonshiners....and the swamp people. What can I say.......??????

Edited by memex9 on 01-15-13 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Amen...on the Claussen Pickles........the only kind I have ever bought for over 40 years. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Good morning Grans! Not moving to fast this morning!

Cathe when done, you will have to take a picture of your new room so we can see the colors! Exciting project.

Enjoy your little grandson today.

I did watch some of that Duck Dynasty show last night. It had to do with Christmas and it was rather foolish.

I am hoping Jo does not have pneumonia. Bad stuff.

The one that tops the list of sickening to the max, is Here Comes Honey BOO Boo! OMG people actually watch that one. I find nothing humorous about that one at all......first they are exploiting this child, who is NOT even cute......but just abrasive. But when you meet the parents, you understand the kid never had a chance. Disgusting. But then I have trouble with Toodlers and Tiara's too.......Do not watch them at all....have seen enough to know that it is awful as is that horrid Dance show with the kids, the fighting parents, and the crazy dance teacher. So I guess maybe that is why I find The Duck folks funny and charming.......in their way! But you are right....that Christmas show was probably the worst one of the series. LOL

Edited by memex9 on 01-15-13 12:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 12:55 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:
my machine has a reddish button that says pause/cancel unlock door.

I am going to order the Downton Abbey DVD's today. I will take you at your word that it is good!

By the way did you say Duck Dynasty was a good show??????

I love Duck Dynasty.......it is hysterical.....you did not find it funny I take it??????? I know so many people like them.....they are a riot. You do realize these people are billionaires, almost all with college educations and degrees right/?????? They are not stupid.....just "country"! I love the humor.

And Ann....I think that is why I find the show funny and down to earth. They are obviously moral people treat their wives and children well, there is none of the trashy stuff so obvious in so many of the other reality shows....I just think they are funny! But then I also love Moonshiners....and the swamp people. What can I say.......??????

Betsey, well I could tell that they were quite well to do just by looking at their house! I might just check it out another week. Last night the episode was rather silly! As I said, one of the younger guys reminded me of my son John! LOL

One could tell by looking at the wives that they probably cleaned up "nice"!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 12:57 PM
In response to memex9

Me too...love Claussen --in fact I just went to the fridge and got a Kosher Dill Spear. (Claussen of course!)

Of course once in awhile we settle for Jill and Chips homemade bread and butter pickles!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 01:00 PM
In response to memex9

But you are right....that Christmas show was probably the worst one of the series. LOL

If you say so, I will give it another try!

Oh I did order the series 1 and 2 today of Downton Abbey. Now I will probably have to watch them and then buy 3!!!!! sigh. They were $34.95.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Season three is just in its third show of the season....here it is on Sunday at 9pm. But it's Called Masterpiece Classics or Masterpiece Theater....that is why it is so hard to find. I wish PBS would just list their shows. For Example today when I got home from Work.....the tv guide(On cable) said PBS Masterpiece Theater......so I went there and yes it was Masterpiece Theater but it was Great Expectations...which is very good, but I have seen it twice. LOL Anyway.......they make it hard to find, but trust me its there.....I just don't know when it appears in your area. Maggie Smith is just delightful, as usual, and her subtle humor is as always unexpected. Shirley MacLaine is also wonderful as her counterpart. She is visiting from USA and of course she and Maggie get into some conversations that are just rare humor. Anyway...I guess you have to like these sorts of shows....and understand the british humor to some degree. I love this show...and hope it continues for awhile. Great actors.....!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
But you are right....that Christmas show was probably the worst one of the series. LOL

If you say so, I will give it another try!

Oh I did order the series 1 and 2 today of Downton Abbey. Now I will probably have to watch them and then buy 3!!!!! sigh. They were $34.95.

Tish....you may not find it funny, Ann is not crazy about it and I am sure it is not for everyone. I just know people like these, in fact my sil, David is certainly a descendent of these guys in some respects....Karen and I both think it's hilarious.......as does Amanda....but the rest of them don't see the humor either...sooooo I guess it's not for everyone.

But then, I still laugh out loud at Mash re-runs, and Everybody Love Raymond. What can I say????
Oh yes.....and then there is that show on Wed Night....The Middle! Cracks me up!!!!! I guess I have a strange sense of humor......but then I watch Maggie Smith in Downton Abbey and love that humor also. What can I say??????

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Betsey i love The Middle, Modern family and The Neighbors ...all on tonight. I have never seen Honey boo boo, but have seen her somewhere. Horrible,& awful come to mind. I wonder how she'll turn out..another Lindsey Lohan.

Maybe I haven't seen Duck Dynasty, I bet I saw a bit of Swamp people.

Kain was his darling cute self today. We played and played. I'm played out.

Teia-I sure wish I'd get my act together and use my crock pot more. Hope it turned out really good.

Di & Char I liked your ideas for saving xmas cards.

Tish-I must be a hoarder too. I have cards rubber banded together from years past. I saw a great idea for putting them in a booklet. they either punched the cards, if they were large or mounted smaller ones on cardstock and them punched holes. They used a cinch binder system to secure them together. ...which i don't have.

I just know how I wish I had old Valentines, so someday someone might want these cards. Of course when I croak the kids will throw them out.

Ann sorry you are so cold and icy.

We haven't heard from Josie....hmmm???? anyone see anything on fb?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 03:15 PM
In response to memex9

Everyone Loves Raymond has always been one of my favorite shows!!!!! I love it! They all crack me up! Now that is the type of show I love! Tonight I decided I would scan around the channels a bit and landed on a reality show called Four Weddings! I watched it for awhile and rather liked the show! Reality and all!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 03:23 PM

CAthe, I had a great book of old cards in a scrapbook of my grandfathers. Before I realized how collectible these cards were, I gave the album to my brother, Ralph. I wonder if he will give them back?

The imaging center called me from the cancer center this afternoon to confirm a CAT Scan on Friday. Ugh, i have to be there at 10:15 to drink ******** for an hour before the scan. Ugh! Not painful, just a pain in the butt!

I am wondering how Jo is too! I am worried about her.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Tish tell Ralph not to throw them out! I love old cards.

Ick...what you have to drink for a CAT Scan isn't as bad as what you have to drink for a colonoscopy. But you know that.

Rum's Dr today said he wanted his cholesterol level at 70! geez I thought 90 was the new norm. Guess we eat more baked fish.

Char forgot to say that i'm really glad Chloe is better. I hat it when the kids are sick.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Tish, I love MASH reruns and never tire of them. We watch them almost every evening. Watched Everybody Loves Raymond until I can almost quote the lines with them. Audie likes Seinfeld but that is another one like Duck Dynasty to me...just silly.

I am having visitors tomorrow. A cousin and her husband who live in Albuquerque, NM are visiting other relatives in the area and will come by our house. I have not seen her since I took my mother, sister, aunt and uncle to visit them in 1987. We have lost Mother, sister and uncle since then. Her mother, daddy, and sister who was my age have also died. She was very emotional on the phone when she called and I think the visit will be emotional for both of us. Even the house she remembers from our younger days is gone along with all those familiar faces. I will have the camera handy to get photos of them to scrapbook for my album.

Char, how's the washing machine? That is one of the appliances that are so hard to do without for more than a couple of days! So glad Chloe is feeling better and hope no one else gets sick.

Cathe, sounds like you and grandson had a great time together. I sure enjoyed loving on Laynie on Sunday afternoon.

Betsey, sometimes I wish I could enjoy some of the shows you mentioned...I have decided I am too serious and never developed a creative sense of humor!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-15-13 03:53 PM

CATHE baked chicken is good too!! lay off the beef for sure. i quit butter and sure miss it on my toast and mashed potatoes. We live on chicken and pork and turkey.

Try sneaking in ground turkey or ground chicken in recipes.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Ann....if you still laugh Mash, and Everybody loves Raymond, there is nothing wrong with your sense of humor. And while I don't dislike Seinfeld.....a little goes a long way. Although Kramer is pretty funny......but its the same plot over and over...it was never among my favorites, and I did not watch it much either. As for all of the shows that Cathe mentioned...I do not watch any of those except The Middle....its the only one that's really funny and has no hidden agenda or message.....but again...that's me. I would watch things like Downton Abbey all the time if there were such things.......Leave it to the Englis to again, make a wonderful show, and while it is set in the 20's it is so relevant to today....and the humor is just so subtle....my favorite kind.

I struggle to find things to watch a lot of the time.......and end up watching Criminal Minds, reruns, NCIS or Law and Order......I do like that new show with Tom Selleck....Blue Bloods, and I loved Revolution but it seems to be missing. I would love to watch Homeland but I don't think that is on Regular TV is it????? It won a ton of awards.....but I think its on HBO. I never got to watch the Sopranos for that very reason. But I do watch the History Channel a lot and National Geo.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Speaking of which....I am off to my bed now......to watch TV or Read or both. Have a good night....hope we hear from JO. I bet she is in the Hospital.....if she went to the doctor, I would guess she might be there. If she had pneumonia.......they might have sent her there.

I think I would love to live where she doesn until I hear of how hard it is to see a doctor and to go to a store.....I don't think I could deal with that well. I hope she is OK......!!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Dinner was good. No one was home when I got here so I cooked some rice made gravy and heated up some frozen veggies and ate my dinner. Not waiting for anyone cause I was HUNGRY lol.

dh just got home. I hear him in the kitchen getting a plate lol I can hear him saying something like... good food, oh yesssss. lol He is so silly.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Evening all..

Josie hasn't checked into FB today.

I just don't watch much tv. I too like Blue Bloods and think it's better this year than the first two seasons.

I ran errands for 5 hours; whew!

ni ni and see you all tomorrow. It's Dori Day.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-15-13 05:57 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Ni night! I am weary too.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Ann how nice your cousin is coming to see you! Have a good time. Hope the weather cooperates.

Teia-nice that your dinner turned out good. A warm supper after a long day is so nice.

I misunderstood Rum. The Dr. didn't expect a total overall score of 70.

Hopefully Jo got to the Dr. They are so far away from help of any kind.

Di I am enjoying Blue Bloods more this season too. I think they should have cast Tom Selleck's sons to at least look a little like him. lol

Talk to you all tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Well, I got to drive home from work in the snow, sleet and freezing rain!! School has already been called off for tomorrow.

Char - Glad Chloe is better and that your washer is being "initiated" today.

Tish - My husband loves Duck Dynasty. Some of the shows I like and some of them I do not. However, I do not watch a lot of television.

Betsey - I think it is wonderful that you like such a wide variety of things. Most of the time, I prefer to read over television.

Josie - I am worried about you since you didn't check in today. I hope you did not have to be hospitalized. Prayers for you!!

Ann - Sorry you are having ice in your area.

Cathe - I know you enjoyed Kian today. Priscilla has been "dating" this young man for almost 2 months. They go to different schools and she works with his grandmother (who is raising him). This is the first time I have seen her REALLY interested in a boy. She had a friend that she had gone to previous dances with but she thought of him as more of a "brother".

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

I am like Di and Cheryl. I don't watch much TV. It is usually not turned on until Audie gets home. I did have it on most of today for weather updates because of icy road conditions. Audie, Lara and Robbie all made it to and home from work safely. Hopefully most of the bad weather is out of the area and it will be a little warmer tomorrow.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Ann how nice your cousin is coming to see you! Have a good time. Hope the weather cooperates.

Teia-nice that your dinner turned out good. A warm supper after a long day is so nice.

Di I am enjoying Blue Bloods more this season too. I think they should have cast Tom Selleck's sons to at least look a little like him. lol

Ahhhh yes Cathe...but then we do not know what their Mother looked like!!!! I love that show....I love the family theme that runs throughout and the thread that says.....at the end of the day...there is always family.....that is the thing that counts. I love it!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I too, hope we hear from Jo soon. If she had to go some distance for a doctor she may be staying with family. I hope she is OK. In my prayers....that she gets the meds she needs.

I am sorry for all of you in the ice storms...they are the worst I think. Snow is easy compared to these ice things. Be careful if you have to go out there.

I do watch too much TV....and actually I don't "watch" a lot of it, I "listen" to it. I think because I live alone, I have TV on more than the rest of you. Right now, I have Morning Joe on, but I don't actually watch it, I listen to it...as I do other things,!!!!! I usually have a news channel on, CNN, MSNBC or our local channel for weather, and local news or the History channel. At night, and sometimes in the afternoon on my days off I still read and seem to still read a lot. I think I have the TV on so it's not just deadly quiet in the house. When I first get home from work, however, the quiet is nice for about an hour.....lOL

Coffee is ready........enjoy!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Welll...just checking to see if anyone but me is up and around....guess not!!!! I am off to work.....see you ladies later....hope you have a lovely and fun day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning...too late to catch Betsey and Cheryl.

Hope we hear from Jo!

I have to start putting up the blue tape around all the woodwork so i can paint. I have to go get the paint. I was hoping we wouldn't have to do the ceiling, but we do. Anyone use that stuff that goes on blue and then turns white?

Tish's CAT scan was today wasn't it?

Take care everyone.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

Ahhhh yes Cathe...but then we do not know what their Mother looked like!!!! I love that show....I love the family theme that runs throughout and the thread that says.....at the end of the day...there is always family.....that is the thing that counts. I love it!

You crack me up!!! Yes, i forgot about the looks of the mother!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 08:25 AM

Cathe, CAT scan on Friday. I am glad it isn't today. It is snowing and the roads are very slippery according to the scanner!

I didn't realize they had a paint that went on blue and turned white. Interesting!

Good morning to all! Allen was on the computer earlier and I didn't feel like typing on the IPAD.

I did drink some of Betsey's coffee! Thank you very much!

bears99
Diva
bears99

Thank you all for thinking of me. I did not get to the doctor, but I did call. I am on a z-pack. Today is day 2. My only thought is that usually these do not work for me very well. Since I have just switched primary care doctors this new one does not know me very well. I suppose that is why I couldn't talk her into my "usual". I do have an appointment to see her this next week....if I don't end up seeing her before. I still don't seem to be running a fever...which is why no one seems too concerned. Boy, do I ever sound terrible..have mostly lost my voice and have a really terrible cough! Slept most of yesterday. Don't even feel good enough to spend time on the computer..or reading..or anything!

Bbl...hopefully feeling better!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Good to hear from you Josie. Well, let's hope the meds will help this time. Glad you'll be seeing her next week. I can imagine you're very tired of this.

Cathe; I too wish in Tom Selleck's show his son's looked 'like' him.. only because he's so dang good looking. I've been watching some Magnum PI dvd's and ... sigh...

Dori is here so gotta go for a bit.. bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 09:37 AM
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Thank you all for thinking of me. I did not get to the doctor, but I did call. I am on a z-pack. Today is day 2. My only thought is that usually these do not work for me very well. Since I have just switched primary care doctors this new one does not know me very well. I suppose that is why I couldn't talk her into my "usual". I do have an appointment to see her this next week....if I don't end up seeing her before. I still don't seem to be running a fever...which is why no one seems too concerned. Boy, do I ever sound terrible..have mostly lost my voice and have a really terrible cough! Slept most of yesterday. Don't even feel good enough to spend time on the computer..or reading..or anything!

Bbl...hopefully feeling better!

So glad to see you pop in Josie. It sounds like you are still feeling pretty miserable! Hopefully you are getting rest and lots of fluid!
Take care!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

Jo, so glad to hear from you. My neighbor had something like you describe...no temp. but laryngitis and coughing. She's a nurse, and like my daughter, does not go to the doctor unless at death's door so I think she's just waiting til it runs its course. This is her second week and her voice in back but the coughing is still with her.

Cathe, I am in awe of you and others who do their own painting. I have never tackled that for anything as large as a wall, etc.

The freezing rain has stopped and it is 35 degrees so some of the ice is beginning to melt. I am waiting for another call from my cousin to let me know what time she will be here.

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 10:54 AM
In response to oakhills

Ann how nice you are having a visit from your cousin! I hope the weather is cooperating.

Betsey, guess what???? i got the episodes of Downton Abbey today! Now that was fast! Didn't I only order it yesterday, or was it Monday!? It says approx. 15 hours on 6 discs.

It sounds like I am missing many good shows after reading all the chatter here! Tom Selleck???? I guess I have missed the show Blue Blood too!

Now myself, I think George Clooney is rather dreamy! Sigh!

Usually when I have the television on, I am reading or knitting or crocheting!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:50 AM
In response to Tishd

Good morning....for a few more minutes anyway!

My sister patty is here. She stayed last night and will also tonight. The girls love when she comes to stay. My dh...not so much. lol

It is so cold here, 33 right now and foggy.

JO so glad you got some antibiotics. I was just like you, lost my voice and coughing my fool head off. lasted a good 2 weeks.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:51 AM
In response to charK

TISH I am going to order the DVD's too. Actually I am going to check Walmart first since I am going there today for a prescription.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:55 AM
In response to charK

ANN I hope you have a nice visit with your cousin. I can only imagine how emotional it will be. I always cry when I see my Aunts, my mom's sisters. It's a shame we never realize when we are young how important those relationships are with extended family members.

I have 2 cousins that I was close to and have tried endlessly to get them into the family again for holidays and such. One is NOT interested at all. The other has health issues she uses as an excuse. Her own Dad keeps after me to keep inviting her. Her dd loves to come see her cousins. She was so cute the first time she came over. She hugged all her cousins and danced around.

Enjoy the day and do take some pictures.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 11:56 AM
In response to charK

CATHE good luck painting!! I am a sick person who LOVES to paint!! We will be painting both the girls rooms soon. When it warms up a bit to open the windows!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Ann how nice you are having a visit from your cousin! I hope the weather is cooperating.

Betsey, guess what???? i got the episodes of Downton Abbey today! Now that was fast! Didn't I only order it yesterday, or was it Monday!? It says approx. 15 hours on 6 discs.

It sounds like I am missing many good shows after reading all the chatter here! Tom Selleck???? I guess I have missed the show Blue Blood too!

It's even more obvious now...you are just not a TV watcher......what about movies???? Do you go to movies/??? Rent????? Watch on TV.????? I am a movie fan and have been my entire life.as was my Mother. She and I went to the movies a lot when my Dad was out of town....he thought movies a waste of time....along with big jigsaw puzzles. He was a hard man! His reading always consisted of something connect to work. He was very driver, and very successful in that area of his life.

Anyway........Blue Bloods is about an Irish Family in Boston, whereelse???? into the third or fourth generaltion of Law Enforcement. I love this show.....am glad it's still on....this is the third season I believe. I truly love the family side to this drama.......and Tom Selleck is a wonderful Patriarc. I love the man that plays his Father. I really just love the whole show. He (Tom) is as good looking old as he was young as far as I am concerned. LOL And this is a perfect part for him at this age......He has the greatest facial expressions.........I truly love him. So Tish....you can have George Clooney.....he is a short good looking guy full of himself......and not my type at all. Now Tom Selleck??????? That's more my style.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
CATHE good luck painting!! I am a sick person who LOVES to paint!! We will be painting both the girls rooms soon. When it warms up a bit to open the windows!

Me too Char....I have painted every inch of this house at least once and three rooms twice....in the 10 years I have lived here. I have never lived in a house or apartment that I did not paint the walls......in every room at some time or another. I also wallpaper......in fact, when Karen was younger....when Matt and Mandy were babies and she was a "single Mom" we both worked for my friends who were painters. Had their own business. I did tons of wallpaper for him, and painted too....for serious money! In the 80's there was a real housing boom in our area....and he had so much work, that he hired Karen and I, in fact told us we could work any hours if we would just come to work for him. So we did.....I learned a lot about painting......!!!! He was a Union Painter from Detroit, and had gone all through apprenticships so knew how to paint a room. He taught both of us to do trim and cut in with a four inch brush. Hardly anyone knows how to do that anymore.........! Anyway....Painting is something I have always done even before I knew how. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Jo, so glad to hear from you. My neighbor had something like you describe...no temp. but laryngitis and coughing. She's a nurse, and like my daughter, does not go to the doctor unless at death's door so I think she's just waiting til it runs its course. This is her second week and her voice in back but the coughing is still with her.

Cathe, I am in awe of you and others who do their own painting. I have never tackled that for anything as large as a wall, etc.

The freezing rain has stopped and it is 35 degrees so some of the ice is beginning to melt. I am waiting for another call from my cousin to let me know what time she will be here.

bbl

Ann.,,,,,I did not grow up with parents who did that kind of work either.....neither of them painted, gardened, or any of that stuff. If they needed something done they hired someone to do it. I, on the other hand, was married at 19, my husband was still in college, we lived in married housing, which was built after WWII for the GI's married housing...so it was rough! I had no idea how to do any of that, but many of us would get together and paint, wallpaper, sew, or whatever to help each other. Anyway...that's how it started....and from then on, I always did it myself, just did not want to spend the money to hire someone to do what I could do, and kind of liked doing. I loved the feeling after it was all done and I did it myself. Anyway.....I was never married to any man who was very handy around the house.....they could fix cars and lawnmowers etc.....but not carpentry or painting....so little by little I just learned either by trial and error, or having someone show me how to do something. Needless to say I have had several disasters over the years, but nothing that could not be fixed with more paint, sand paper or fabric. And now with all the DIY stuff on TV.....it's wonderful. I could not believe they devoted a whole entire channel to Home and Garden stuff! I love it! I think it was just last year that I helped Karen paint her bathroom......and we all painted the outside of my house, using three different colors......and it turned out great. Even let the youngest granddaughters paint....they had a blast.....!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

In fact here is a page I did of my youngest granddaughter painting my house......she had a great time......and did a pretty good job, although my garden hose is still covered with paint spotches....but it makes me smile when I see it and remember how excited she was that i was going to let her paint.

Wet Paint By Memex9

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 01:22 PM
In response to charK

Well, Char, I was going to say you or anyone could borrow mine after I watch, but at the rate I do things, it might me a year or two!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 02:28 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

It's even more lobvious now...you are just not a TV watcher......what about movies???? Do you go to movies/??? Rent????? Watch on TV.????? I am a movie fan and have been my entire life.as was my Mother. She and I went to the movies a lot when my Dad was out of town....he thought movies a waste of time....along with big jigsaw puzzles. He was a hard man! His reading always consisted of something connect to work. He was very driver, and very successful in that area of his life.

Anyway........Blue Bloods is about an Irish Family in Boston, whereelse???? into the third or fourth generaltion of Law Enforcement. I love this show.....am glad it's still on....this is the third season I believe. I truly love the family side to this drama.......and Tom Selleck is a wonderful Patriarc. I love the man that plays his Father. I really just love the whole show. He (Tom) is as good looking old as he was young as far as I am concerned. LOL And this is a perfect part for him at this age......He has the greatest facial expressions.........I truly love him. So Tish....you can have George Clooney.....he is a short good looking guy full of himself......and not my type at all. Now Tom Selleck??????? That's more my style.

Betsey! Guess what? You can have both Tom Selleck and George Clooney! All I want is Josh Lucas! Now he would be MY type if I were young and single! I think he is handsome!!!!! Sigh, be still my heart!

You are right, I guess I am not a big television watcher. I am not sure why or when this came about? I love movies, but we do not rent. There was a time when we used to rent the VCR movies. Now I either buy DVD's or watch on Television, or Netflix. I have been a big movie star buff ever since I was old enough to get magazines like Photoplay, Modern Screen (years ago) They do not publish the magazines now!

I have decided to make an effort to get up to date on some of the shows you and the others mention

So what do I do, I start watching a silly reality show on TLC afternoons called Four Weddings!!!!!! .

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

hello gang.

Jo-glad you checked in. Sure hope the z pack helps this time. There is something to be said for having a Dr. for a long time. I don't look forward to the day mine retires. Anyway, stay in bed and rest up.

Ann-hope the cousin got there without any trouble on the roads.

Tish- I was wrong, the ceiling paint goes on pink and turns white. i didn't get it though. I called Doug about it and he said he never used it. It only came in a white white and I wanted a slightly off white.

Di- Tom Selleck---still hunky. I do like George too. I loved him in One Fine Day. I don't think that movie rated well at the time, but I liked it.

Char I don't know what I am thinking painting in the winter. I've NEVER painted in the winter. Since I taught and had most of the summer off, I always painted something in the summer. It is too cold to open windows and doors. What am I thinking?

Did the prepwork today so I guess I'll start painting the ceiling tomorrow. I don't like painting ceilings.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

om my fb page, there is a photo of 2 girls in bathing caps behind a chain link fence. That is one of my cousins and me. Also on my fb page are two of my cousins and me with the sock monkey. I loved my time with my cousins. I'm so sorry Casey and Doug didn't have close cousins to play with.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

It's even more lobvious now...you are just not a TV watcher......what about movies???? Do you go to movies/??? Rent????? Watch on TV.????? I am a movie fan and have been my entire life.as was my Mother. She and I went to the movies a lot when my Dad was out of town....he thought movies a waste of time....along with big jigsaw puzzles. He was a hard man! His reading always consisted of something connect to work. He was very driver, and very successful in that area of his life.

Betsey! Guess what? You can have both Tom Selleck and George Clooney! All I want is Josh Lucas! Now he would be MY type if I were young and single! I think he is handsome!!!!! Sigh, be still my heart!

You are right, I guess I am not a big television watcher. I am not sure why or when this came about? I love movies, but we do not rent. There was a time when we used to rent the VCR movies. Now I either buy DVD's or watch on Television, or Netflix. I have been a big movie star buff ever since I was old enough to get magazines like Photoplay, Modern Screen (years ago) They do not publish the magazines now!

I have decided to make an effort to get up to date on some of the shows you and the others mention

So what do I do, I start watching a silly reality show on TLC afternoons called Four Weddings!!!!!! .

Nope...don't watch that one......its on when I get home......somehow weddings just don't do it for me...... But that's why all these shows are on.......people have all different kinds of taste. I just read a Nora Roberts book, but generally just can't read her stuff......this one, was really good, had a real interesting plot that did not revolve around sex. And...it was in the part of Maryland that I love....southern Maryland on the Bay....where watermen live and work and it used to be a rural, blue collar area, that has turned into a very upper class little town of St. Michaels. I loved it years ago before the wealthy found it and built there. Anyway...its a story about an old Maryland family of watermen and boat builders...real wood boats......anyway I loved that...but her books generally I am not fond of. I did just read a James Patterson book.....You've Been Warned! Loved it.....don't think its very new...but a good one. My friend Shirley brings me nice books from the Hospice Store from time to time...I think it was one of those.

I am off to the shower.......cleaned my kitchen sink, used lime away around the faucet and drains......and it sure looks nice now...those lime deposits are a PIA.

I am trying to find a photo and paper for our challenge....not having much luck.....I am having trouble finding paper in different shades of one color that match a photo. This is waaaaaaay harder than it looks. LOL

Edited by memex9 on 01-16-13 03:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Actually I adore him too, but he is the age of my grandson........at least George and Tom are not boys......they are younger than I am, but not enough to be weird. I alway got the creepies when I saw Demi Moore...and that kid...what the heck is his name/??? I mean what a strange and weird combination. She really does not want to grow old I guess....I am sorry for her...she does not know what she is missing......... I would pick Bruce Willis over that kid she married any day. Most of it(aging I mean) is NOT awful......just some of these parts after 70......he he he he he he he!!!! But again....to each his own.......it just gives me the "willies"!!!!!!!!

Edited by memex9 on 01-16-13 03:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 04:19 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Actually I adore him too, but he is the age of my grandson........at least George and Tom are not boys......they are younger than I am, but not enough to be weird. I alway got the creepies when I saw Demi Moore...and that kid...what the heck is his name/??? I mean what a strange and weird combination. She really does not want to grow old I guess....I am sorry for her...she does not know what she is missing......... I would pick Bruce Willis over that kid she married any day. Most of it(aging I mean) is NOT awful......just some of these parts after 70......he he he he he he he!!!! But again....to each his own.......it just gives me the "willies"!!!!!!!!

That kid...Ashton Kutcher! I agree with uou...however he and Demi Moore parted ways about a year ago and he is now married to Jessica Beil.

Oh do not misunderstand me....I just think Josh Lucas is a nice looking guy...i would not be drooling over anyone at my age (except hubby!) lol, but I find his looks attractive!

I have only watched Four Weddings twice. definitely not a fave! Just a time waster until suppertime!

Edited by Tishd on 01-16-13 04:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Betsey the young guy she married was Ashton Krutcher -spelling???. I thought it was a strange pairing.

Betsey did you ever go out to the stamping store on the internet called red lead paper works? They have some cool vintage collage papers. I may order one, but didn't check the postage. Now I want to go to St. Louis and go to their store.

Cheryl than I could zip down and meet you!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 04:21 PM

Cathe, I was thinking today that you and Cheryl are not that far apart!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 04:23 PM

I did not have any cousins growing up! Big regret! My children and my grandchildren have many cousins and cherish the times they spend together.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-16-13 04:48 PM

Jessica Biel is married to Justin Timberlake!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 05:18 PM
In response to charK

Oops, yes, Char, you are right! Brain cramp! And I knew this!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 06:53 PM
In response to Tishd

Guess I need to put my tired mind and body to bed and read awhile. Night, night. Talk to you in the morning after Betsey makes my coffee!!!

Don't forget my chocolate coconut donuts!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-16-13 06:56 PM
In response to charK

• charK Said:
ANN I hope you have a nice visit with your cousin. I can only imagine how emotional it will be. I always cry when I see my Aunts, my mom's sisters. It's a shame we never realize when we are young how important those relationships are with extended family members.

I have 2 cousins that I was close to and have tried endlessly to get them into the family again for holidays and such. One is NOT interested at all. The other has health issues she uses as an excuse. Her own Dad keeps after me to keep inviting her. Her dd loves to come see her cousins. She was so cute the first time she came over. She hugged all her cousins and danced around.

Enjoy the day and do take some pictures.

Char, I found a long lost cousin of mine when I was in my 60's. Cousin Chuck from Virginia Beach. I had never met him. It was such a joy to meet him and his wife, Marge. She passed away of cancer about 3 - 4 years ago.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Good evening!! Got home late because I patient I had in restraints managed to get out of them and was being combative. I had to get her settled down before I could leave.

Even though he is much younger than I am, I think Taylor Laughtner is a cutie!! Love his smile and, if you don't know, he was the Indian/werewolf in the Twilight movies.

I will be back to chat tomorrow as I have the next 2 days off.

Josie - Hope the meds kick in and work.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

waiting on my post

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

Evening ladies...

Tish, my father had a falling out with his dad a long time ago so they did not see much of each other. He had an older sister that was in the Army (she is the wack in uniform on one of my layouts) We found out just last much she had a son so I went lookin on FB for him and there he was. My ONLY first cousin on my dads side. He lives in Ohio and is in a band. lol

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, sounds like you had a rough evening with that patient. What unit do you work at the hospital?

My cousin and her husband visited me for over 2 hours. I had coffee and gingerbread with lemon sauce for them while we talked. It is so funny how we each remember different things about events. She had stories about our childhood that I didn't remember. She was 4 years older than me and her younger sister and I were only ten days apart in age. Her sister died of complications of diabetes about 4 years ago. She enjoyed looking at the family album I had and saw photos of her father that she had never seen.

I put my camera out to take pictures and we got so busy talking and reminiscing that I completely forgot to take any!

Time to sign off for tonight. Will be up to have coffee with Betsey in the morning hopefully before she has to rush off to work.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Evening ladies...

Ann; that's great you had a visit with your cousin.

I read all you gals wrote today and now forget what I was going to say...

oh, well, it'll come to me.

I saw the movie Parental Guidance tonight. It was just so-so for me. Sweet ending though.

I have always done the painting; don't mind doing it at all.. it's just the prep work that I'm not fond of. Ceilings are hard though. Being our home is only 1 story I've painted it in years past.

Cheryl; too bad about the patient. I bet nurses get hurt by them occasionally.

ok, I'm off to bed.. ni ni

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

good morning, Grans. I'm up to have coffee with Betsey before she leaves for work...actually she can have the coffee..I'll have tea! I woke up in a coughing fit so decided to check in before I go take more cough medicine. It has codeine in it so I will sleep again after I have it!

how many of you had children that were "climbers"? none of my children were much...oh, pulling out a chair and climbing on the table and things like that, but not much more. Yesterday, I was watching Greyden while everyone was out sorting off replacement heifers and I left the big room to come into the living room to get a tissue for my nose.When I walked back into the big room all I could say was "hey, hey, hey" each one a little louder and stronger (with my very crokey voice). I was trying to get Greyden's attention so he would STOP! He had stepped up onto his little drum and then onto the piano bench..up onto the keyboard and when I "found" him he had one foot on the music ledge and was looking for something higher for the other foot...all the time playing with a jar of little green stones (the kind you put in the bottom of a fish bowl) on top of the PIANO!!! I must admit...my first thought was "I wonder if I have time to take a photo before I get him down"...I didn't take the time!!!! I grabbed him around the middle and all the time he protested LOUDLY about me getting him down and taking the little glass rocks from his hand! The piano bench was pushed in..which allowed him only a couple of inches of bench sticking out...I didn't even think about him climbing up. He is just beginning to climb like that...hasn't ever climbed up on things much before this. A week or so ago Kari had him over at his great grandma's and he got quiet so she went looking for him only to find him in the middle of her kitchen table surrounded by toothpicks! He was still in his boots, coat, and stocking cap sitting in the middle of the table playing with toothpicks! He has a fascination with them anyway because his Grandma uses one all the time and he always has to check it out when he climbs into her lap! That day he hadn't put any into his mouth...was just playing in them and putting them in and out of the little container they were in! He chatters to himself all the time so when he gets quiet for more than 10 or 15 seconds you'd better go see what he is into!!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

oh...forgot the coffee for you Betsey. It's Hills Bro's this morning...1/2 caff...just for you!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to bears99

I am off to take more cough medicine and then back to sleep. It's only 4:30 here so NOT time to get up! Today my computer time goal is to get into the galleries! I am FAR behind....especially in Betsey's! Need to get there!! If I don't make sense in any of my comments you will all know I took too much cough medicine! lol

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 03:51 AM
In response to bears99

Good morning Grans!

Jo, i decided to get up and have coffee with Betsey too!

I will settle for your Hills brothers!

Yes! Yes! I always had climbers. I also remember Jill loved to climb out of her crib!

It will not be long before your new grand baby arrives! I wonder what Greyden will think of his baby brother!

Ann the gingerbread with lemon sauce sounded yummy! I am glad you had a nice visit with your cousin!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 03:56 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, well you are quite young so Taylor Laughtner must be very very young!

I have often wondered about combative patients, and how a nurse handles them!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 04:03 AM
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Evening ladies...

Tish, my father had a falling out with his dad a long time ago so they did not see much of each other. He had an older sister that was in the Army (she is the wack in uniform on one of my layouts) We found out just last much she had a son so I went lookin on FB for him and there he was. My ONLY first cousin on my dads side. He lives in Ohio and is in a band. lol

Teia, my father did not have any siblings, and my mother had brothers who were much older, therefore no cousins for me to grow up with!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Cheryl, well you are quite young so Taylor Laughtner must be very very young!

I have often wondered about combative patients, and how a nurse handles them!

Oh thank goodness....I also, have never even heard of him.....Now I feel better, at least there are two of us. I am sure Cherly would not be interested in the ones we picked either...LOL BTW I was wrong, Josh Lucas is 41 so he is older than my grandchildren by 12 years.....LOL

I am here. .....coffee is on.......and ready, and it's almost time for me to leave for work! Our difficult lady has called in every day this week, but has called the office not Bonnie and calls around 10 am to say she will not be in today. Fortunately we have an extra sub so it is not hurting us........But everyone is truly done with her....I know she is sick, but she is "with it" enough to know how to hurt us all, by calling in late daily, and not calling the number she is supposed to call, she knows what she is doing. What she doesn't know is that we have an extra subb all week, just in case this happened.....and so the last laugh, so to speak, is on her. I know she is ill, but its hard to remember that when she is so mean and vindictive.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • tneal40 Said:
Evening ladies...

Teia, my father did not have any siblings, and my mother had brothers who were much older, therefore no cousins for me to grow up with!

I have 8 cousins that I know of, and am not in touch with any of them....don't know where they are....or anything about them. We all grew up in different places.....California, Florida, Wisconsin, Indiana........so we never really knew each other.....and I so hoped my children would grow up differently, but alas, no cousins there either. Now my grandchilren all live near cousins and are friends not just cousins....I love it!!!! I love to see them all together. I guess that will not be happening in the near future...other than the ones who live here. There is a big age difference with those.....Hannah and Sarah are not yet in High School......and Karens kids are all grown...although I have to say, Amanda and Matt are very good about attending sports and events for Hannah and Sarah.

Edited by memex9 on 01-17-13 04:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Jo...sleep, rest and meds are the only thing that worked for me........and it took a couple of weeks so don't get impatient........and think you are "weller" than you are! LOL Thinking of you!!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 05:50 AM
In response to memex9

I just read on FB where Jo mentioned coughing brown stuff! Does not sound good. When i was hospitalized with pneumonia a long time ago, i was coughing up rusty sputum!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Jo - I really think you need a chest x-ray!! I know you have changed doctors, but I think your condition needs some attention. I would call and request a chest x-ray or go to the ER where they WILL do a chest x-ray. So sorry you are sick. Prayers for you.

Betsey - I am glad you have extra help since she has been calling in and and that it is not hurting you all.

Tish - Taylor Lautner is 20 years old. He and I would be a Demi and Ashton scenario!! He has the most beautiful white teeth and his smile can just melt your heart.

Cathe - Yoohoo!!! You were supposed to check in before you started painting today. Did you do your 8 min. workout?

I am down 1.5 pounds in 2 days (I know it is water weight but hey it motivates me) and am so happy. I got up and did my Zumba workout on the Wii, have eaten my oatmeal and finishing my second glass of water. Now, I need to go start some laundry. I will check back later.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Josie--get yourself to the ER! We don't want to loose you!!!!

Ann So happy you had fun with your cousins. When I was making a book about our Dad, my brothers had different stories. Gingerbread with a sauce??? oh that would go so well with my coffee right now. But I haven't had breakfast. Maybe it could be my breakfast? NO! I want to drop a few lbs.

Cheryl good for you, loosing any weight does keep one motivated. Good for you.

Betsey-you're at work by now. So glad you have an extra sub.

Tish I'm about 7 or 8 hours away from Cheryl.

Di I only like movies with good endings. Parental guidance sounds like one I'd like.

Off to paint ...will report back later.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 07:42 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Ah ha, I know who Taylor Laughtner is now...I think?
Is he Miley Cyrus's fiance?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 07:44 AM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Josie--get yourself to the ER! We don't want to loose you!!!!

Ann So happy you had fun with your cousins. When I was making a book about our Dad, my brothers had different stories. Gingerbread with a sauce??? oh that would go so well with my coffee right now. But I haven't had breakfast. Maybe it could be my breakfast? NO! I want to drop a few lbs.

Cheryl good for you, loosing any weight does keep one motivated. Good for you.

Betsey-you're at work by now. So glad you have an extra sub.

Tish I'm about 7 or 8 hours away from Cheryl.

Di I only like movies with good endings. Parental guidance sounds like one I'd like.

Off to paint ...will report back later.

I prefer happy upbeat endings now. Strange but it bothers me to watch violence in a movie. I end up lowering my head and not looking!

8-9 hours is really a drive. Dennis and Lisa are 5-6 hours from us and so is Tony in the opposite direction. I hate the drive. Very tiring.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Tishd

Art class today. Found out a friend of mine is opening a scrapping store. Should be interesting to see what she does.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-17-13 10:52 AM
In response to tneal40

Miley Cyrus is engaged to Liam Helmsworth. Australian actor. He is a hunk!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-17-13 10:53 AM
In response to tneal40

TISH I also do not like violent movies. Makes me cringe. I also hate boxing sports.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

Good morning all.

My two kids were not climbers and Dori isn't either. It's interesting that some are and some aren't. Wonder why?

Josie, I agree with Cheryl; you need a chest x-ray.

Cathe is painting and I think that is more than her 8 minutes of exercise for today.

I'm still in slug mode. after lunch today I'm going to start emptying one of our hall closets and get it cleaned out and organized... mercy will be a mess until all done and I anticipate filling the garbage can up with 'junk'... and a box or two for good will. so much varied stuff in there.

It another sunny but cold day.. our air is getting stagnant due to no wind. makes the sunrises and sunsets interesting colors.

bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Di - I started cleaning out kitchen cabinets today and get rid of "old" stuff. They look so pretty when they are straight and organized!! Of course, I have been doing laundry as well.

Tish - You are thinking of someone else. Google Taylor Lautner and you will see what he looks like.

Cathe - I hope your painting is going well.

Betsey - Hoping your day was a good one.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Good for you Cheryl.

I've been at the computer typing up some journaling for a layout I just completed. I could write a small book about all the things my brother and I did in a park we lived across from in our youth. It's a big city park, lots of fun for us kids in the 1950's. I thought about not journaling all my thoughts as it's time consuming but I know I need to keep at it as someday someone (maybe my kids') will enjoy reading about my childhood antics during those 5 glorious, happy years.. the best of my growing up years.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 12:02 PM
In response to charK

I just am not up to date on these young Hunks!!!!!! Now I do know who Liam H. Is!

I will have to google the other one ataylor Laughtner!

Edited by Tishd on 01-17-13 12:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to tneal40

Another Laynie layout...you guys will probably be telling me, "enough already!" soon.

Tiny Bundle By Oakhills

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Jo - I really think you need a chest x-ray!! I know you have changed doctors, but I think your condition needs some attention. I would call and request a chest x-ray or go to the ER where they WILL do a chest x-ray. So sorry you are sick. Prayers for you.

Betsey - I am glad you have extra help since she has been calling in and and that it is not hurting you all.

Tish - Taylor Lautner is 20 years old. He and I would be a Demi and Ashton scenario!! He has the most beautiful white teeth and his smile can just melt your heart.

Cathe - Yoohoo!!! You were supposed to check in before you started painting today. Did you do your 8 min. workout?

I am down 1.5 pounds in 2 days (I know it is water weight but hey it motivates me) and am so happy. I got up and did my Zumba workout on the Wii, have eaten my oatmeal and finishing my second glass of water. Now, I need to go start some laundry. I will check back later.

JO...............ditto what Cheryl said. Why oh Why are you messing around with this thing.....it sounds like pneumonia to me too...you need attention and you NEED a chest x-ray. Why is your Doctor not more concerned and why are you not having that????? Go to the nearest ER or Clinic or wherever there is an x=ray machine .....for heavens sake. !!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Who???????? Never heard of him!!!!! OMG...I have turned into my Mother!!!! I sound just like her.....swore I would never, ever do that!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I just am not up to date on these young Hunks!!!!!! Now I do know who Liam H. Is!

Heck there are two generations of country music stars I also don't know.....wouldn't know if I tripped over them...sigh! How did this happen????? LOL

The only movie I really want to see from the Awards is Lincoln. Oh yes...and Les Miserables!!!! I think those are the only two.

I wish there were more movies with danger and excitment like Independence Day.....that is one of my favorite movies......it is not scary....no boogie man jumping out of the closet.....no real thriller.....I like thosekind of movies, but don't know exactly what you call them. I loved all of the Lethal Weapon Movies......To me those are not scary.....Loved all of the Die Hard movies too. I guess I am just weird.....as you know I like all the girly movies too. LOL

Edited by memex9 on 01-17-13 12:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Miley Cyrus is engaged to Liam Helmsworth. Australian actor. He is a hunk!!

Miley Cyrus????? Is she old enough to be engaged.?????? That means her Daddy is now Old also....LOL I have to say.....I loved Billy Ray!!!!!! Loved Achy Breaky Heart...thought it very clever......! Got sick to death of it....but loved it for a while!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 03:01 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

Heck there are two generations of country music stars I also don't know.....wouldn't know if I tripped over them...sigh! How did this happen????? LOL

The only movie I really want to see from the Awards is Lincoln. Oh yes...and Les Miserables!!!! I think those are the only two.

I wish there were more movies with danger and excitment like Independence Day.....that is one of my favorite movies......it is not scary....no boogie man jumping out of the closet.....no real thriller.....I like thosekind of movies, but don't know exactly what you call them. I loved all of the Lethal Weapon Movies......To me those are not scary.....Loved all of the Die Hard movies too. I guess I am just weird.....as you know I like all the girly movies too. LOL

Betsey, I want to see Lincoln, Django Unchained, and Les Miserables.

I loved the Lethal Weapon Movies too and Die Hard. I just do not care for hard core blood and gore!

Tim and the kiddo's just left. I made a casserole tonight called Tater Tot casserole. It was pretty yummy. It had browned hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, the tater tots and shredded cheese. Found it on the internet this morning...easy peezy!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to charK

• charK Said:
TISH I also do not like violent movies. Makes me cringe. I also hate boxing sports.

me too Char, I hate boxing!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 03:03 PM
In response to Tishd

The only hit song I think Billy Ray Cyrus ever made was Achy Breaky Heart and I loved it too. I would say Miley is about 20 now, but maybe Char or Cheryl can verify. I do know she cut her hair in a weird punk fashion and it is real blonde, but she is attractive enough to carry it off I guess.

Cathe have you started painting?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 03:05 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • charK Said:

I am not fond of boxing either!!!! Guess what Julie's youngest son, Ben (our dgs) has taken up the sport! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAH!

Right now I am sickened by all the Lance Armstrong stuff! What a let down for the cyclists!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-17-13 03:07 PM
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Good for you Cheryl.

I've been at the computer typing up some journaling for a layout I just completed. I could write a small book about all the things my brother and I did in a park we lived across from in our youth. It's a big city park, lots of fun for us kids in the 1950's. I thought about not journaling all my thoughts as it's time consuming but I know I need to keep at it as someday someone (maybe my kids') will enjoy reading about my childhood antics during those 5 glorious, happy years.. the best of my growing up years.

Di I have intended to write about my childhood and growing up years as something to leave for my children. I just do not know where to begin. My daughter, Jill, says just write mom and let your thoughts flow.....sure!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Good afternoon.

The ceiling is done! Rum and I are both achy. I started painting the ceiling and Rum came in and said, "Are you going to be happy with it white?" he knows me so well. I said, "NO but I was trying to be positive" he said go get it tinted. So I took it and got it tinted a slight green. Of course that wasted about 45 minutes to an hour because i had to wait my turn and it takes 15 min. coming and going to Home Depot. But the ceiling is done! Hope we didn't miss any spots because we used every drop of paint.

Well, we know how long the Miley Cyrus marriage will last...should we take bets? She was on 3 and a half men a bit ago. I'd say another child star going wrong.

Teia how exciting that your friend is going to open a scrappy store. I wish her luck.

Di & Cheryl good for you for cleaning and organizing. Maybe after my paint job is done.......

Betsey I liked the Die Hard movies, and I loved Blood Work with Clint Eastwood. I do like intriguing movies and girly ones too.

Di yes do journal about the wonderful 5 years. I think we all need to journal about any fun times as a kid. I think after I get done with Christmas los I'll get on that.

ok, yacked enough

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Tish - Yes, Miley is 20 years old. I have seen DJango Unchained and it was a good movie.

Betsey - I want to see Lincoln also. I need to watch the latest Batman movie. I have seen all of them but could not bring myself to go to the theater to see it after the shooting that happened.

Ann - I NEVER get tired of baby layouts!!

Di - Glad you were organizing today too.

Cathe - How long did it take to get the ceiling painted? Are you started on the walls tomorrow or waiting a few days?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:
  • charK Said:

I am not fond of boxing either!!!! Guess what Julie's youngest son, Ben (our dgs) has taken up the sport! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAH!

Right now I am sickened by all the Lance Armstrong stuff! What a let down for the cyclists!

I am hoping that most of them are not surprised and knew what was going on. I am sorry to say, and unfortunately I now believe there is more of this than ever comes to light. He went for so many years declaring his innocence, that him admitting it now is just too little too late as far as I am concerned. I hope there are consequences, and ones that people can see. Our kids need to see that there really are consequences to cheating no matter how it is done. I think we see too little of that......yes people are caught using drugs, having affairs but most of the time, it leads to no real long term consequences that our children actually see.

Especially in the sports arena. As far as I am concerned, Michael Vick should have never been allowed to play professional football in the NFL again....but what do I know?????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
Good for you Cheryl.

Di I have intended to write about my childhood and growing up years as something to leave for my children. I just do not know where to begin. My daughter, Jill, says just write mom and let your thoughts flow.....sure!

Actually she is right........when you think of something.....for example on here, when something makes you remember something of your childhood and you write about it.........just print it out and start a folder with these little time frames. At some point you may organize them, or you may not.....but just date the time you are talking about to the best of your ability and then at the end write "written and remembered on (todays date)! That is what I have been doing. A long time ago I told something on here about my grandmother and the Lamb cake she sent through the mail for my birthday.....I was 5. So it was 1944, during WWII. I have never forgotten that cake and then as an adult thought of how she labored, used her ration stamps for sugar and stuff to make that cake for me. What a labor of love. Anyway.....someone on here said, I hope you journaled that.....and of course I had not....had no real page for it to be apprpriately placed....so I started printing those out when they happened and dated them.....and they are in a folder. Some day, soon probably, I will get them in a real notebook so my children and grandchildren can read it if they are interested. Soooooo that's what I would do from now on for any of us who want to journal your childhood....it really does not have to be in any order at all. At least that's my idea and how I am doing it....! So Tish........just write wwhat comes to mind, when it comes to mind...and eventually you will have a lot of stories to make a book of some kind.

Edited by memex9 on 01-17-13 04:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics