Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 06:39 AM
In response to Tishd

Oh, actually Tim was in sports broadcasting for a bit in his earlier years. He worked for the AM Station in Maine WZON (Stephen Kings station). It paid tiddly winks though so he was forced into getting real jobs! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Cathe...don't forget you can use the 40% off coupon, just like Michaels....on one item even if its on sale. That's how I got that $27 punch for $7 that time.....LOL Anyway...they give you the weekly code for on line shoppers in the weekly email. Enjoy!!!!

As for Karen and David.....unless some miracle occurs, that is what will happen.....the doc told Karen that 6 months out of work is very optimistic at this point and that realistically they are looking at 8months or more. Remember, the bones snapped in three places. This rod that is in there also has to make his foot work. This was extremely serious surgery, and the possibility of amputation of the foot at least, is still a possibility. David does NOT know this, as they felt it better to keep an optimistic prognosis for now.......as he is already depressed enough. He has already used a month of his 4 months saved up leave.....and he is still basically bed-ridden or couch or chair. Remember this is not a broken leg, this is a replacement rod for the bone that was shattered beyond repair. His foot was only attached by muscle and such when he got to the hospital. Losing their house is more than just a probability........Karen does not make enough to make house payments.......and pay everything else. The insurance here is outrageous.....meaning auto and home owners and wiith a mortgage you must carry homeowners. Their homeowners insurance is almost $3,000 a year....and due in May. Anyway......by June 20th he will no longer be paid and will no longer have a job. Six months is as long as they can hold a job open especially in his area....he is very important to his crew. In fact, he is doing work over the phone, telling someone step by step how to repair a crane........stuff like that. They cannot go on without a mechanic of his skills. He is the only one in the county that is certified to repair all the fire engines, crane trucks, heavy equipment and stuff.....people with those skills usually work for private companies at twice
the money that he makes.
He was always very content
to be a big fish in a small pond for all of the fringe benefits, paid holidays and such. After all he is not young, and when you have been doing his kind of work as long as he has been doing it......the odds of him even lasting until 65 are slim. Lots of heavy lifting, etc.....!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good morning!!

Betsey - I will continue to pray for David and Karen.

Tish - I read the description of Gone Girl. It sounds like a book I would enjoy reading. I am going to see if it is in the loan library for Kindle Fire. I am not sure I want to pay $12.99 for it.

I slept until 8:00 and made myself exercise and shower befoe getting on here so I am getting a late start to my day!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 08:56 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Just watched our 44th President take the oath of office! What a beautiful setting!

I loved hearing The Battle Hymn of The Republic . It always gives me goose bumps! I loved James Taylor too!

I am always glad to see the ceremony end before some wacky person commits some horrendous act of violence!

Washington DC is still on my bucket list of places I want to go and see!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; thanks for the diet coke. I'm out of it here. And, I looked at the layouts for the challenge on pg. 1 and they all are truly monochromatic ones to my eyes. do you see one that is not?

I'm sad about Karen and David's situation. They may look into declaring bankruptcy or something like that so as to save their home.

Josie; woohoo: new baby today and sorry about your dad's medical situation. I hope he doesn't have cancer.

I just finished the book 'The Last Letter from Your Lover' by Jojo Moyes, last night. Really enjoyed it. I'm going to the library today as have two books waiting for me that have been on hold for weeks.

Well, more putting away today and making a trip to the GW with, now, four big boxes. As soon as it is not freezing in our garage I'm going to get started out there. I'll need to dress for the artic probably as it's cold out there.

Cheryl; enjoy your days off.

bbl

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 08:57 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe, how does the Kindle Lending Library work? Oops, I mean Cheryl????

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann; glad you got in the mood to scrap. Good luck to Lara today. How long are her sessions? Does she sleep during them?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 10:03 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Hello Di!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-21-13 12:00 PM
In response to Tishd

Good morning grams!

Watched our President become our President again!

We are going to go look at vehicles. I think I am getting a new Ford Exploder. We can use the A plan from bro in law so we get the lowest price possible. Good deal for us. My friend always calls them exploders, lol.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Betsey; thanks for the diet coke. I'm out of it here. And, I looked at the layouts for the challenge on pg. 1 and they all are truly monochromatic ones to my eyes. do you see one that is not?

I'm sad about Karen and David's situation. They may look into declaring bankruptcy or something like that so as to save their home.

Josie; woohoo: new baby today and sorry about your dad's medical situation. I hope he doesn't have cancer.

I just finished the book 'The Last Letter from Your Lover' by Jojo Moyes, last night. Really enjoyed it. I'm going to the library today as have two books waiting for me that have been on hold for weeks.

Well, more putting away today and making a trip to the GW with, now, four big boxes. As soon as it is not freezing in our garage I'm going to get started out there. I'll need to dress for the artic probably as it's cold out there.

Cheryl; enjoy your days off.

bbl

Thanks for the advice, however, these days, bankruptcy does not save your home. Here,due to the ridiculous housing market.......they are also upside down now in their house. Our houses are not even worth $30k and both of us have mortgages double that. I paid more than that for my house....in fact more than double that....and put money into it with the new kitchen, roof, windows and A/C. They are in pretty much the same predicament. This is why I am working at my age, and this is why they will not be able to save their house. When you owe more than the house is worth, the only thing to do, is walk away and live with the foreclosure.....or continue to pay until you either die or the housing market picks up. Not very upbeat things right???? There are thousands of people in Florida facing this same problem The interesting thing is, that my mortgage payments are less than anything I could rent. So even if I just walked away........I could not live.........by myself. The rents here are astronomical for this part of Florida. My house, I could rent to someone for $800-900, My question is, why would anyone pay that to live here>>>?????? The only thing going for me is that the new big hospital addition is complete three blocks away, so who knows???? My son says they will be hiring lots of new nurses and techs and they like to live near the Hospital....you cannot see it from my house, but its an easy walk.

Personally, I figure I will die before I have to worry about it all, unless of course I cannot continue to work. LOL I will deal with all of that when it happens.......nothing is like it is supposed to be anymore.....! I should be living here, comfortable in my old age, feeding my cats and knitting.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Tish - Certain books on Amazon are part of the Kindle Lending Library. You can "borrow" a book and read it then you "return" it and then you can borrow another one. You are only allowed one borrow a month, of course, you can keep the book longer than a month if you need to. Once the book is returned you can borrow another. The Gone Girl is not one of those books right now. Do you think it is worth $12.99 for the Kindle or maybe I should check out my public library?

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 01:38 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, it would be so hard for me to tell you which option would be best for you. I guess if you are able to check it out of the public library that would be better than paying the $12.99 like I did.

If I knew how, i would transfer mine to you!!!! Is there a way to do that? I doubt it.

It is good, but, I have read better books. It held my interest and was really one of those books I didn't want to put down.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 01:45 PM
In response to Tishd

I have the Kindle app on my IPAD so all my kindle books are also on the pad. Now when I get a book from amazon, I tell it to download to my IPAD... It does! I can also download from EBooks which is Apples app and that goes into Ebooks.

Still watching the parade! What a handsome family Joe Biden has!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Oh, actually Tim was in sports broadcasting for a bit in his earlier years. He worked for the AM Station in Maine WZON (Stephen Kings station). It paid tiddly winks though so he was forced into getting real jobs! LOL

Years and years ago I read a fiction that was about a radio broadcaster and his fall from fame. It was a sad story. I know the radio personalities don't make much money. I wonder what our tv announcers make.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • oakhills Said:
  • Tishd Said:
  • memex9 Said:
Before I forget again......Thanks to those of you who sent cards to my sil David. He was quite touched Karen said and it made him feel really good. They arrived on different days so, that was good......another thing...all were handmade and he truly appreciates that.....his Mom was an Art Teacher for years, so he does have an appreication for handmade artsy type things, even though he is not crazy about my scrapbooks. He is the one that just wants photos in a book with names and dates.......LOL "Not all that fancy frilly stuff all around them....." he he he he!!!!

Betsey, I know you are right, and Allen is right. I need to get out more. I need to get fresh air in my lungs. Sometimes I know I nap because I am depressed and as strange as it sounds, I like to shut the world out for awhile!

My sil, Jeanne, just called and we talked for quite awhile. She dated Allen's brother in high school and was also one of my attendants at our wedding! Jeanne was a year behind me in school. There is no reason why I couldn't drive to Belfast and meet her for lunch at least once a month. My friend, Punkey and friend, Judy, wanted to get together at the diner this coming Wednesday but I am scheduled for lab and chemo so we will try for Friday. So many opportunities for me to get together with friends and what do I do, hole up in the house like a hermit!

I finished my book! Will not say anything about it because I believe Char is reading the book now. Char if you read this, I will be interested in your thoughts about the book when you are done!

I am glad David was happy with the cards. It has to be so hard on him to be in pain, and not able to move about freely!

Tish, I downloaded that book on my Nook yesterday along with an abridged version of Les Miserables. I started Les Misrables first but I may stop it as it is very long and read the one you were reading while I am with Lara at chemo tomorrow.

My personal opinion of the book without telling any spoilers......a good book but I did lot like the ending at all.....So when anyone else finished the book from beginning to end, I am curious as to your thoughts.

How long does Lara's chemo usually last? My first day of the cycle is always the longest. By the time we get there, check in, have lab work, nurse assessment and doctor visit and then pre-meds before the infusions...It will be about 6 hours there, then we have to factor in drive time there and back...Long day!

Can't wait to see you challenge entry!

We were there from 9:30 until about 1:00...much shorter than with the previous medicines. We can always add another 1.5 hours of driving time each way. She had 50mg of Benadryl by IV at the very beginning and that made her very tired/sleepy but she can't sleep in the treatment room because of all the activity and IV pumps beeping, etc.

Audie is making beef stew for dinner so Lara nor I has to cook tonight.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Rum and I looked at microwaves. Of course he has to come home and research them to death. I think we have it down to a Whirlpool either at Sears or Lowe's. We always try to buy local from a guy Rum played baseball with. However he was $100 higher than at Lowe's, but the model # was different. So hard to compare. Meanwhile I miss being able to microwave.

My carpet might not be installed on Wed. It hasn't arrived yet at the store. Steve (my salesperson that reminds me so much of the dad on the tv show The Middle) said they had an ice storm in Georgia and that might have delayed it. OH @!!!%&***

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Ann how nice of Audie to cook.

Betsey I too feel so badly for David and Karen. I'll pray for a miracle.

Tish is there an app for free books for the Ipad?

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

Oh Di........I didn't mean that I saw anyones with other colors.....I was really just wondering!!!! It never even occured to me when I used that flower......I had another one that was just solid orange with the darker orange behind, but I opted for the pretty little one and did not even consider that it had blue/lavendar in it. How funny!!! I was just wondering for no real reason if mine was the only one so far with a little wrong color.........he he he he he!!!!!

I have scrapped this afternoon.......after the grocery store trip. I also went to the hardware store....yes the real ACE hardware. Sometimes I just can't face going to Lowes or Home Depot. I needed a replacement bulb for my under cabinet light, and a battery for my garage door opener, and one for Karen's. Both are different of course.....I love going to ACE hardware.....they are so nice, ready and willing to help...it took me less than 10 minutes from start tto finish. They are a bit more expensive, but then they are also right on the way to the grocery. So I am saving gas.

I made Quesadilla's for dinner.......very good.....just hit the spot. Now for a shower......! Did anyone watch Downton Abbey last night.. It's on at 9p.m. est......and apparently they always show the previous episode before the new one.....it was very good....there are several plots all going on at the same time.....I am loving this. Hope someone is watching......!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Ann - How sweet of Audie to cook!!

Cathe - Sorry about the carpet not being here on time.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe, your carpet sounds like our recent freezer purchase. We were given a window of 2 hours for when it would arrive. Right at the end of 2 hours we got a call that it would not be delivered until one week later because of bad weather. We got it at Sears and they only deliver to our area one day of the week. When it was delivered, the driver told Audie that they had come from Little Rock, AR and they had 5" of snow the week before.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 03:55 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

Years and years ago I read a fiction that was about a radio broadcaster and his fall from fame. It was a sad story. I know the radio personalities don't make much money. I wonder what our tv announcers make.

Cathe probably the ones on national television make good money, but I doubt our local tv and radio announcers make all that much!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:07 PM
In response to oakhills

Ann,

What a nice hubby! I LOVE hubby's that cook! Mine did for awhile when I worked. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to anymore. I say that with a smile.

I always get the 50 mg. of benadryl along with some other meds before the infusion. It does make me very sleepy too, but like Lara, I tend to just close my eyes and not really sleep because as you say, all the machines beeping and the blood pressure cuff inflating!

I sometimes wonder why their benadryl makes me sleepier than the benadryl I take here in the evening!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:10 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Rum and I looked at microwaves. Of course he has to come home and research them to death. I think we have it down to a Whirlpool either at Sears or Lowe's. We always try to buy local from a guy Rum played baseball with. However he was $100 higher than at Lowe's, but the model # was different. So hard to compare. Meanwhile I miss being able to microwave.

My carpet might not be installed on Wed. It hasn't arrived yet at the store. Steve (my salesperson that reminds me so much of the dad on the tv show The Middle) said they had an ice storm in Georgia and that might have delayed it. OH @!!!%&***

I am guilty of comparing items before I buy too, Cathe! It doesn't make me that much smarter about the item, but I still do it.

My last microwave came from Walmart. Guess why? Allen went by himself to pick out one.

It definitely is not my favorite, but it will do!

Oh no on your carpet...! Did I see you curse????

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:15 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Ann how nice of Audie to cook.

Betsey I too feel so badly for David and Karen. I'll pray for a miracle.

Tish is there an app for free books for the Ipad?

Cathe, I think if you look on your Ipad, you will see on icon that looks like a bookcase, that is apple's ebooks. You have to go up in the corner and click on store once you open it. I am not sure if there are free ones. I will check tonight.

You can download free books to go to your app like Cheryl does by going to Amazon.com. When you get the kindle section up on amazon..someplace it asks you where to download the book. You have some options...It will say download to my Kindle, or my Ipad. Since you do not have a Kindle, you would choose IPAD. I wish I could talk you through this.

Some day when I get ambitious, I will call you and show you how to get on facetime on your IPAD and then I think I can talk you through features on the IPAD.

Note I said I think!!!!!!! I am not that good at explaining. I am more of a hands on and learn that way!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:21 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, this site has been acting very wacky. I just posted something and it appeared in with yours and Ann's and I can't remember what or who else. I deleted it...It was a big old mess!

I like the small local hardware stores myself. Guess what? We have ACE hardware in Waterville. We often show as local as we can. By local, I mean Unity ( 5 miles ). They have a nice hardware store owned by nice people. True they are a bit higher but again we do not have to use as much gas to get there. We also have an Amish Hardware store in Unity now. Very nice. The last time I went in, I was with my daughter in law, Lisa and daughter Julie. We bought some apples, gourds, tomatoes etc, and I started to pay with my debit card and he said, sorry we don't take plastic! lol....I borrowed the money from Lisa until I got home. Not sure why I didn't write out a check.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 04:23 PM
In response to Tishd

I guess I was watching the football game last night and missed Downtown Abbey. I actually want to watch the series 1 and 2 on the DVD before I get into Part 3. Do you think that is what I should do, or can I just start watching season 3 and go back to season 1 and 2?

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Tishd

Good news from here. Dad does NOT have cancer! The doc said his platelet count is really okay, not low. The reason it was showing low is because his blood is clumping and the machine wasn't counting the platelets correctly. When the doc did it through the microscope...they are fine! That was wonderful news.

ALSO...at 1:02 this afternoon, by c-section, Griffyn Gerytt was born weighing 8 pounds. He is 20 1/2 inches long. His middle name is pronounced (Garrett) but my dd and sil have a thing for weird spellings! Lol. What can I say!! Kari wanted a letter Y in both his first and middle names because Greyden's is that way. Kari is not getting along so well tonight. Pain is pretty intense and she is allergic to the pain killer they gave her. I hope she can get some sleep tonight.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 05:32 PM
In response to bears99

Congratulations Grammie on your new bouncing baby grandson! i love his name. Griffyn Gareyt. I don't think I spelled his middle name correctly! I am so glad to hear your dads platelet count is fine!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Ann,

What a nice hubby! I LOVE hubby's that cook! Mine did for awhile when I worked. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to anymore. I say that with a smile.

I always get the 50 mg. of benadryl along with some other meds before the infusion. It does make me very sleepy too, but like Lara, I tend to just close my eyes and not really sleep because as you say, all the machines beeping and the blood pressure cuff inflating!

I sometimes wonder why their benadryl makes me sleepier than the benadryl I take here in the evening!!!

The stew was tasty and he made cornbread to eat with it. He enjoys cooking and since his office was closed for MLK day, he had time to do it.

The benadryl that Lara got was in IV form so it was in her system quicker. Do you get IV or a pill?

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Jo, you had a good news day and no one deserves one more! So glad to hear the report on your dad. Is he on blook thinners to keep the blood from clumping so bad? And congratulations on the new grandson! One thing for such, any personalized items for him will truly be PERSONALIZED with their spelling of his name!

Betsey, quesadillas sound good. I am trying to come up with different menus for meals for Lara and that is something I haven't done.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-21-13 07:41 PM
In response to oakhills

Ann, my premeds are put in via infusion now, for the very reason you said. Your stew and cornbread sound wonderful.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Josie - WONDERFUL news about your dad!!! So happy to hear that the baby is here and doing well. Hope Kari is able to get some sleep.

Tish - The IV Benadryl works MUCH faster than the pill form. I assume they are giving it to you that way instead of the pill.

I am off to read and speaking of Benadryl need to go take my Tylenol PM. I usually take it at 9:30

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

Little Laynie's paternal grandfather is in serious condition tonight and on his way to Oschner's Hospital in New Orleans (5 hours away). He has a rare lung disorder called Alpha 1. The drugs he has to take for the Alpha 1 has destroyed his liver and it causes ammonia to build in his body. He becomes disoriented and today it was so bad he could not walk or talk. He is 58 years old. While they were waiting for medical transport to New Orleans, his wife's brother died from a stroke. This family is having more than their share of sadness right now. Please remember the Whitlock family in your prayers.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

I put Gone Girl on my 'hold' list at my library...big system but they have only 150 copies and I'm somewhere around 800 on the waiting list. oh well... lots more books to read in the meantime.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Ann; that's a long day for both of you... yiippee for Audie.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to bears99

woohoo Josie.. it's a banner day for you all.

So glad your dad is ok and Baby Griffyn is born and healthy. Hope your dd gets the pain under control.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Little Laynie's paternal grandfather is in serious condition tonight and on his way to Oschner's Hospital in New Orleans (5 hours away). He has a rare lung disorder called Alpha 1. The drugs he has to take for the Alpha 1 has destroyed his liver and it causes ammonia to build in his body. He becomes disoriented and today it was so bad he could not walk or talk. He is 58 years old. While they were waiting for medical transport to New Orleans, his wife's brother died from a stroke. This family is having more than their share of sadness right now. Please remember the Whitlock family in your prayers.

Gosh; such bad news for one family. Prayers said.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; the way you describe what has happened to the housing market there is sad. There has to be a lot of people in the same upside down situation.

I too have an Ace hardware store close to me.. love it. It is two miles away and the Lowes is 5. I stop at Ace for smaller stuff.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I will finish cleaning my sewing room/spare bedroom tonight...woohoo. Tomorrow is my desk and paper work.. and have a mammo scheduled for the afternoon.

ni ni

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • oakhills Said:

Ann...will be praying. So sad.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:
  • oakhills Said:

Ann...will be praying. So sad.

Oh my...I am so sorry to hear this news. How terribly sad.......and all in one family. I am soo very sorry. Will put that family in my prayers for sure.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
I guess I was watching the football game last night and missed Downtown Abbey. I actually want to watch the series 1 and 2 on the DVD before I get into Part 3. Do you think that is what I should do, or can I just start watching season 3 and go back to season 1 and 2?

I would start watching and then in between new episodes, watch the season one and two. Tish, I wish you had tried to watch it before you spent the money on two seasons.......you may not like this. I love it, and of course it did make the awards lists in many categories, but that does not mean you will like it. it is very very british and has some slow parts, but if you can understand the accents the low key, subtle humor is absolutely the best.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Ann,

Tish.....please tell me you are not still taking benadryl????? If you are taking the tylenol pm, there is benadryl in them....do not take more even if it is earlier. This is why you are feeling dopy and drugged in the morning. I hope I just misunderstood.......too much benadryl. At least that is what Karen told me.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Betsey, this site has been acting very wacky. I just posted something and it appeared in with yours and Ann's and I can't remember what or who else. I deleted it...It was a big old mess!

I like the small local hardware stores myself. Guess what? We have ACE hardware in Waterville. We often show as local as we can. By local, I mean Unity ( 5 miles ). They have a nice hardware store owned by nice people. True they are a bit higher but again we do not have to use as much gas to get there. We also have an Amish Hardware store in Unity now. Very nice. The last time I went in, I was with my daughter in law, Lisa and daughter Julie. We bought some apples, gourds, tomatoes etc, and I started to pay with my debit card and he said, sorry we don't take plastic! lol....I borrowed the money from Lisa until I got home. Not sure why I didn't write out a check.

I am not sure they take checks either....I don't think they use banks, but then that could be from days gone by. This is true, they do not take credit or debit cards.....never have. How lucky you are to have such a place. I am sure their veggies etc are good. How nice.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 04:49 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey! No, no, no! I do not take tylenol pm plus benadryl! I am very cautious with meds!!!!!

I know there are 25 mg of benadryl in one tylenol pm!! Normally I take 2 tylenol PM before bed. Once in awhile i will take just benadry. Reason---- I am always leery of the effects of tylenol on my liver!!!!!!!!

Goodmorning to you and all the Grans! This will bea short work week for you!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 04:57 AM
In response to oakhills

Ann the Whitcock family will definitely be in my prayers. I have not heard of this lung condition. He is so young too.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Interesting.........my doc told me that tylenol is fine........I don not actually take tylenol, its the walgreens brand since tylenol is not on any shelves anywhere here. So what is the effect on the liver???? I am now confused. I wish these doctors could get together........mine says its the least toxic of any of the sleep meds and the most safe, will not harm me. Now you are saying it affects the liver???? OMG.......I guess we should just never sleep.......I know people that have been taking aspirin ,,,,,,yes regular aspriin everyday for years with no side effects......my mother took aspirin always never switched to the other stuff in her life and lived to be 90..;... the aspirin never killed her. Now we take tylenol and that's not good either?????? I am juust confused. [email protected]

Here's coffee for anyone or everyone who is up and about...... And coke for Di! LOL

I am ready for work.....well physically, not mentally......however, it is a four day week...this is good!!!! LOL The only downside of these holidays is that I have to take them off, but don't get paid for them. But I do like the four day week. just don't like the days pay I miss.

Edited by memex9 on 01-22-13 05:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Ann the Whitcock family will definitely be in my prayers. I have not heard of this lung condition. He is so young too.

I have never heard of this either.......but I will say, Tish I love your perspective on what is young!!!! ahhhhhhh here we are, from our viewpoint 58 is young. Not so long ago, 58 would have been OLD to me. But you are right...too young for such a horrid disease!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey and Tish - Let me help with the Tylenol (acetaminophen) issue. Tylenol is ok to take but you should never take more than 4,000 mg. of acetaminophen in a 24 hour period. High doses of acetaminophen every day for long periods of time CAN cause liver problems. Tylenol PM IS NOT HABIT FORMING an is SAFE to take. There is only 1,000 mg. of acetaminophen in Tylenol PM. You can still take Tylenol for headaches and it will not hurt your liver has long as it is not EXCESSIVE amount EVERY day.

Ann - I will be praying for the families!!

I did a 20 min. Tae-bo workout this morning and am still shaky from all the muscles it worked. I need to get to the store and courthouse for the taxes on my vehicle. I will be back later on.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

Thanks for the coffee, Betsey. Need it to get going this AM. Have oodles of chores to get done then will meet Lara at 2 PM to take her to get her Neulasta shot.

Thanks, everyone, for adding the Whitlock family to your prayers. He has been going to Oschner's Hospital for liver transplant assessment. The drs. have not been very optimistic. They want to be able to evaluate him while he is experiencing the effects of the toxic ammonia.

Di, I would love to have the energy you have to do the house cleaning you have going on there. You will be so organized when you finish.

Tish, I don't understand why drs. keep recommending Tylenol either. I have read many articles that warn of the damage to the liver. Advil is what I usually take for mild pain but it is not good for the stomach!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to bears99

Saying prayers Ann

Jo, awesome news....

dh is home sick today. Art class today. House inspection on Thursday. dh said he will do some cleaning while I am gone if he feels better.

Edited by tneal40 on 01-22-13 07:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 08:02 AM
In response to oakhills

Ann, Cheryl and Betsey,

My doctor told me Tylenol was fine as long as you do not take over a certain amount within a 24 hour period. I have also read a lot regarding tylenol and it's safety. In fact my doctor told me I could take Tylenol and then ibuprofen when I was having bad back pain!

With all that seems to be going on with my body, I really am a bit leery of mixing meds and taking to much of anything if that makes sense.

My last lab work showed an elevation in the SGOT. A high level may indicate liver damage. Doctor did not say anything but of course I have to know what might cause it to read high! LOL

Tylenol is one thing, so I do cut back on the tylenol usage when I am not having pain issues and take plain old benadryl just to play it safe.

"When taken according to directions, side effects from acetaminophen are rare. The most serious side effect is liver damage. Kidney toxicity is also a possibility. The risk of liver damage increases with:
•Large doses of acetaminophen
•Chronic use of acetaminophen
•Concomitant use of acetaminophen with alcohol (i.e. taken together) or with other drugs that can also potentially cause liver damage"

So...that is my reasoning! I suppose anything in excess is bad for you. The fewer things that I put in my body probably the better!!!!!!! LOL

I know I know I am paranoid.

Edited by Tishd on 01-22-13 08:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to tneal40

In the Garden By Oakhills

My layout for the challenge. "Mama Ellen" in the journaling was my maternal grandmother. My parents came to live with her after my grandfather's death earlier in the year I was born.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 08:05 AM
In response to tneal40

Teia, it is nice that your husband will jump in and help while you take your classes.

If someone called and said they were coming to inspect my house in a few days, I would have to call in the troops to help me put it in order!!!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

Oh Ann- what sad news. I think 58 is young too. I will include the family in my prayers.

Couldn't sleep last night. I took 2 Tylenol pm's. I got up and read but it was so cold in the family room. the temp was set lower in "sleep" mode. I made hot chocolate in a pan since the microwave is broken.

Now on last nights news the announcer did a spot on asprin. The study found a high rate of macular degeneration in people who took asprin long term.

Tish, Thanks for your app suggestion. I download the free Kindle app last night. I'm still leaning about the thing. I loved taking in down the basement with me. I watched The Bachelor and got caught up on Words. Something strange was going on tho. It said I resigned in a game with Tia and I didn't.

Better go get busy. Maybe I'll try the challenge today. It is minus one degree and only supposed to get to 8.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 08:07 AM
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
In the Garden By Oakhills

My layout for the challenge. "Mama Ellen" in the journaling was my maternal grandmother. My parents came to live with her after my grandfather's death earlier in the year I was born.

I love your challenge layout Ann!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

Josie - I think I sent my congrats on fb last night. But here are my best wishes for the new baby and Mom. I love Kari's spellings and the name.
Also, what good news about your Dad. I'll keep Kari in my prayers. I always think the second day after birth is harder than the first.

Ann I love your LO. Isn't it wonderful you have a piece of you Grandmother.

Does a woman still have those after birth labor pains with a second child if she has had a c section? No one warned me about those after I had Casey.

Ok now I'd really better go.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 08:20 AM

It is very cold here today and supposed to get colder tomorrow and Thursday! Brrrr. Even though I am inside where it is nice and warm, I know it is cold. Allen and I are going to the store after lunch. Guess I better get my long johns on. ( P.S. I do not own any! )

I enjoy sitting with my tablet too and playing word. Not sure why your game says you resigned with Teia. It also said you resigned a game with me! but then you started a new one.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 08:22 AM

• scrappin 2 Said:
Oh Ann- what sad news. I think 58 is young too. I will include the family in my prayers.

Couldn't sleep last night. I took 2 Tylenol pm's. I got up and read but it was so cold in the family room. the temp was set lower in "sleep" mode. I made hot chocolate in a pan since the microwave is broken.

Now on last nights news the announcer did a spot on asprin. The study found a high rate of macular degeneration in people who took asprin long term.

Tish, Thanks for your app suggestion. I download the free Kindle app last night. I'm still leaning about the thing. I loved taking in down the basement with me. I watched The Bachelor and got caught up on Words. Something strange was going on tho. It said I resigned in a game with Tia and I didn't.

Better go get busy. Maybe I'll try the challenge today. It is minus one degree and only supposed to get to 8.

and in another study you will hear how a baby aspirin a day will help prevent colon cancer. It is so hard to know what to do anymore!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Morning... well I won't complain that our 28 is cold compared to some of you. Fog is suppose to lift tomorrow; thank goodness.

My mom lived her whole life taking aspirin. I too take Tylenol and IB together at times. My doc had me doing it when I had my rotator cuff surgery. Sure kicks the pain.

I can't say I have "energy" for this cleaning.... but once you empty a 10' x 4' closet and only put 60% of it back... it has to go somewhere... lots going to the GW but some into other rooms. I made a huge mess around here so was responsible for cleaning it up...

bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

I am finally back from my errands today. I have decided to make white chicken chili for supper tonight to keep us warm. It is 20 degrees out and calling for yucky weather the next few days.

Ann - LOVE your challenge page!

Cathe - I need to work on the challenge too.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-22-13 10:20 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Good morning Grams!

So tired today. Did not sleep well due to my painful hip. I will have to try the Advil and Tylenol combo that Diana uses for pain.

I have to go and drop off my paperwork at the colonoscopy docs this morning. Why is it Tuesday already?? I can eat today but tomorrow nothing but liquids. Yuck.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-22-13 10:25 AM
In response to charK

I need to do the challenge too!! I will try and work on it tonight.

We bought a new vehicle yesterday!! I got a 2013 Ford Explorer. It is fully loaded. I couldn't even start it when I got in it. It is KEYLESS! You put your foot on the brake and push a BUTTON! Heated steering wheel and heated and air conditioned seats front and back. It is beautiful. It also has this thing where I synced my phone up and you can answer it from the steering wheel all hands free. You can also read texts right on the dash. It will take me awhile to figure it all out. Caitlin did the phone thingie. Lol

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Betsey and Tish - Let me help with the Tylenol (acetaminophen) issue. Tylenol is ok to take but you should never take more than 4,000 mg. of acetaminophen in a 24 hour period. High doses of acetaminophen every day for long periods of time CAN cause liver problems. Tylenol PM IS NOT HABIT FORMING an is SAFE to take. There is only 1,000 mg. of acetaminophen in Tylenol PM. You can still take Tylenol for headaches and it will not hurt your liver has long as it is not EXCESSIVE amount EVERY day.

I did a 20 min. Tae-bo workout this morning and am still shaky from all the muscles it worked. I need to get to the store and courthouse for the taxes on my vehicle. I will be back later on.

So basically you are saying that if I take two tylenolPM 0r its generic brand, every night, this is not going to hurt my liver ....right???? I do not take any other pain reliever but if I do, it is an Aleve and I take only one......in a 24 -48 hour period. I rarely take any kind of over the counter meds uless I am sick. LOL

Sooooo this is OK as my doctor said....right??????

I wish that the complete and correct information was more available so that this kind of stuff would not get so confusing. I throw out bottles of tylenol, or cold medications that I have so long inbetween needs that it runs out of date. Whe I got sick last year, I had to throw out everything I had as it's end date was in 2009. LOL

Thanks Cheryl for the info!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
  • scrappin 2 Said:

and in another study you will hear how a baby aspirin a day will help prevent colon cancer. It is so hard to know what to do anymore!

And stroke........my stand-in heart doctor prescribed a baby aspirin a day for me after my last hospitalization when I forgot to take the dilantin twice in one week. I asked him why, he told me to keep my blood thin......I take dilantin which thin blood is a side effect....if I take an aspirin baby or not, a simple paper cut could allow me to bleed to death! Now the point is, he did not look at my charts, did not even know I was taking dilantin......and yet prescribed this baby aspirin for me. And you wonder why I am nervous about what doctors tell you. I always have Karen with me now if at all possible. I don't really trust any of them, except my regular docs that I have had for over 20 years.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
  • cdjohnson Said:

So basically you are saying that if I take two tylenolPM 0r its generic brand, every night, this is not going to hurt my liver ....right???? I do not take any other pain reliever but if I do, it is an Aleve and I take only one......in a 24 -48 hour period. I rarely take any kind of over the counter meds uless I am sick. LOL

Sooooo this is OK as my doctor said....right??????

I wish that the complete and correct information was more available so that this kind of stuff would not get so confusing. I throw out bottles of tylenol, or cold medications that I have so long inbetween needs that it runs out of date. Whe I got sick last year, I had to throw out everything I had as it's end date was in 2009. LOL

Thanks Cheryl for the info!

Yep, Betsey...you are reading Cheryl correctly. That is exactly what my oncologist told me too...and the neurosurgeons when Roy had his subarachnoid hemorrhage. He is supposed to take a low dose aspirin a day now because of that. Sure agree with you that it seems confusing!

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to charK

• charK Said:

We bought a new vehicle yesterday!! I got a 2013 Ford Explorer. It is fully loaded. I couldn't even start it when I got in it. It is KEYLESS! You put your foot on the brake and push a BUTTON! Heated steering wheel and heated and air conditioned seats front and back. It is beautiful. It also has this thing where I synced my phone up and you can answer it from the steering wheel all hands free. You can also read texts right on the dash. It will take me awhile to figure it all out. Caitlin did the phone thingie. Lol

Yea for the new vehicle! You will have lots of fun learning all about it!

I need to try to get to the challenge too...maybe tonight after Greyden goes to bed. It sounds like they won't let Kari come home now until Friday. This may get to be a long week!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to bears99

Hi Jo....hope you are feeling better. Glad the news from your Dads test was good. And a new baby. Sigh! I know that is good news......and I am sure Greyden will have something to say about this new baby moving into his territory....LOL I do really hope you are getting enough rest.....and I know you have a lot to do, but sometimes you just have to sit down, close your eyes and chill!!!!!! Hope you have a great day. I am wishing you lots of snow, so that when it melts you will have water in your ground for the new crops in spring......new grass for the cows to eat....etc. !!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Oh My....another school shooting in Texas.......I am just beside myself. And at my school they have us so locked in with all these new fences, that I might add are less than four feet high, but gates locked with heavy chain and pad locks, If we ever have to evacuate quickly we will have to scale all these fences....OMG....The stupidity never ceases to amaze and astound me. I wish you would see this insanity.....The fence companies in our county must be licking their chops......selling fence as never before.......and what then have we accomplished?????? Even I could scale these fences......seriously.......a kid could literally jump them........so what is the point????? Our school system has now spend God knows how much money to fence us in.......it will keep no one out...believe me. Our doors are now locked, and all employees, teachers, delivery people etc. must have a school badge in plain sight all the time. We always should have been doing these things......but the fence thing?????? Totally over the top and basically useless.

And now these little children, from 3rd grade down, are asking why???? Why are we locking everything???? What does one tell them without scaring them to death.?????? I wish I had the answers to these things.

One little tiny boy in my cashier line was quietly crying while he stood in line...when he got to me, I asked him why he was crying.......He said he was scared. I asked why was he scared, he shook his head....so I said was someone mean to you"? He said NO as the little tears still dripped down his face.....so I stooped down put my arm around him and asked him why he was scared. His answer was...."I am scared that the bad man will come here and shoot us!!!!!" I want to tell you my heart broke....he is 5 years old, in kindergarten, and now has to worry about a "bad man" coming to school to shoot us. And we continue to put up chain link fences!!!!!!! Sigh!!!!!

That childs life has been permanently altered, nothing can fix that!!!! And Yes....it is too bad that he knows about the shooting, but the reality of the fences going up today, and the big chains with padlocks probably was just too much for him. It is all just sooo sad!!!!! His teacher came and got him, and she took him away to eat lunch with her. But I am telling you....it was heart-wrenching!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - Yes, you understood my explanation perfectly about the Tylenol PM or its generic form (which is actually what I am using also). Your story about the kindergarten child breaks my heart!! No child that age should be scared to go to school as it should be a fun time in their life.

Josie - Sorry to hear that it may be a long week! I agree with Betsey that you need some rest also.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Another school shooting? I hadn't heard that. Oh dear, oh dear, what is this world coming to? Sometimes I think it is the end.

Oh Betsey how sad that little guy heard about the shooting at Newark. He must be so scared.I still get sick to my stomach if I think about it. I pray for those parents and siblings and entire community.

Char - congrats on the new vehicle. Of course Caitlin figured out the phone faster than you. These modern kids....

We bought a whirlpool microwave today for above the stove. It won't be installed until next Tues. I'm shocked that Rum is paying to have it installed. He must be getting old. lol

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 03:48 PM

Just popping in to say hello!

Lots of news here this afternoon!

Char has a beautiful new vehicle and Cathe a new microwave! Char your Ford Explorer sounds beautiful and loaded with great accessories. What color did you get (exterior and interior)? You must be in heaven!

Cathe a new microwave! Sounds wonderful and even better, Rum is paying to have it installed!

Betsey, so sad about the little boy crying in your line at school.

Allen has taken a baby aspirin every day since his heart attack 4-5 years ago. I was told to take a baby aspirin each day after a clot formed in my leg (this was after they took me off the coumadin) I actually stopped taking it every day because I was bruising so easily.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 03:51 PM
In response to bears99

I hope Kari is feeling better tonight Jo. I would think the healing process after a C Section would take time. I can't wait to hear Greyden's reaction to baby brother when the little one comes home!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 03:53 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, as you know, I too am nervous about what doctor's tell a person also! I haven't been comfortable with doctor's every since our old Dr. Forman retired.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Another school shooting? I hadn't heard that. Oh dear, oh dear, what is this world coming to? Sometimes I think it is the end.

Oh Betsey how sad that little guy heard about the shooting at Newark. He must be so scared.I still get sick to my stomach if I think about it. I pray for those parents and siblings and entire community.

Char - congrats on the new vehicle. Of course Caitlin figured out the phone faster than you. These modern kids....

We bought a whirlpool microwave today for above the stove. It won't be installed until next Tues. I'm shocked that Rum is paying to have it installed. He must be getting old. lol

Almost all of the children have known about the shooting....how could they not????? However, it was not until today, with all the workmen at our school installing all these new fences with big chains and locks on the gates,,,,,that is what scared him....to him I am sure that meant that something was going to happen. We have taken innocent childhood away from these kids bit by bit over the years but this is the worst. It is so sad......I feel more fortunate than ever to have grown up when I did. We were truly innocent and had a real childhood......that was filled with wonderful feelings and such.......Christmas was such a wonderful time...in fact all holidays....every store was closed.....we went to church, it was truly a holiday. Not like today when we even have to plan Christmas around those who have to work that day......Thanksgiving is now having dinner early enough so some can go shopping. I am truly glad I am as old as I am , and will not live to see how this all turns out.....while one part of me says, "surely people will get it together and begin to do things to save life as we have known it.....the environment, jobs, the quality of life.......we have all known. But then I see all the anger, violence and the fact that even the government that we elect, can't figure out a way to work together...and I wonder. How will it turn out....how can this possibly be fixed. I wonder!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Betsey, as you know, I too am nervous about what doctor's tell a person also! I haven't been comfortable with doctor's every since our old Dr. Forman retired.

well according to what Cheryl and others have said.......my doctor did tell me right about the Tylenol pm etc......so that only makes me trust him more. He is one I have had for 20 years....however. My heart doctor died over the summer and now I have his partner, who I do not like, and is the one who told me to take the aspirin a day without reading my charts and did not realize that I take dilantin. I don't know what to do really. I only go there to get my pacemaker checked, but if he is going to be the doc if I need him, then I am in trouble.

btw......does anyone know,, that if doctors do not go to the computerized case records system, they are fined. Karens doc, who she has had for years and years....since Matthew was born......has not subscribed to this computerized record keepin system....for various reasons, one being that he thinks that the doctors stand in the room with their backs to the patient so intent on reading and entering on the computer, that they really never talk to the patient anymore......! At Least that is his version, and frankly he is king of right. When he first comes in......he is reading and entering, with his back to me.....and we don't talk until he is finished.......and if it's the PA that comes in, she never talks........I am thinking that if a doc is not very personable, has patients that he does not know very well....this is probably true. My doc eventually talks to me, but he knows my whole family, worked with Karen.....etc. etc. etc. So yes he talks to me....but I wonder about others.

Cheryl.....have you heard of any talk of this...???? Karens docs have to pay $250 A MOnth because they are not on the system.......ohhhhhh we are creating a serious problem. All I think of is this.....what if the electric was to really shut down, for long periods of time due to the fact that we have never been able to upgrade the infrastructure etc...Like on Revolution....does this mean, no one then has any medical records????? What about in a storm......where the lines are down for weeks......if there are no hard copies, what happens then???????Interesting.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-22-13 04:56 PM
In response to memex9

Betsey, actually my doctors have told me right, too, but I do not always listen! i know it is safe for me to take tylenol pm, but there are times when I just like to see if I can go without the medication and sleep!

My doctors use the computer also, and I get the same feeling you do while they are typing away. The switch to the computerized system at the health center where I go is one of the reasons my old doctor retired.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Char - Sorry I forgot to say congrats on the new vehicle!! Love all the bells and whistles that it comes with. Enjoy!!!

Betsey - Yes, our hospital is in the process of getting all the doctors converted over to entering all the orders in the computer system. I don't know a date yet but do know that they will be fined if they do not "get on board" with the system. It is truly a mess at our hospital as part of the doctors do everything on the computer and the older doctors are still writing everything in the charts. Makes it complicated to know exactly what is going on and more time consuming for the nurses as well.

Cathe - Yeah on the microwave AND getting it installed.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is my layout for the challenge:

Always Sing By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl...cute lo.

My Dr. uses the computer. It is situated so that he can see the patient. I too have often thought that they could loose all information in a power burb. I think it is unconscionable to fine the Doctors for not signing up.

Betsey I wonder if your parents thought the same thing as they aged...that the world was going to he)) in a hand basket....especially during the 60's. I do remember the day of the Cuban missile crisis. I remember being in the car going to school and Mom was upset. She told us to pray extra hard for peace.We didn't know of the dangers. Children were shielded back then.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charK

• charK Said:

Wow; sounds fab. Heated steering wheel is what I want. lol at Caitlin hooking up the phone thingie.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

Betsey; that is sad about the little boy being scared. Nice of his teacher to help him some.

Cheryl; love your layout.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

hey; congrats Cathe.

Betsey; wanted to say that it seems, to me, irresponsible for a doctor to tell you to take something not knowing what meds you are on. I don't get it.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

My internist types into the computer as we talk and she is sorta facing me. Then when she all done typing we talk more.

Hi Tish.... any more new snow?

Josie; Friday seems a long time away but those c-sections are major surgery. Was Greyden born that way?

My 'girls' are aok.. woohoo. I'm going to a new place now where the films are looked at right away while you wait and they share the info with you right fast. I like that.

I'm going to straighten up my scrap room tonight.

ni ni

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Dropping off one more:

Beach Day By Cdjohnson

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-22-13 08:58 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Good evening Grams!

It has been an evening from HE double hockey sticks here!

Caitlin has a big project to finish and LOST it all on the computer!! She was crying and carrying on. St. Peter tried to figure it out and couldn't and now HE is super crabby!

I LOST the piece of paper with all the counts on it for the soup labels and box tops for the 3/4 grades. Finally finished the pre-K. Now I have to recount all the soup labels. The box tops are in baggies by 50 a bag so they are easy to do.

Today I went to the WRONG place to deliver my paperwork for the colonoscopy on Thursday. I went to the surgery center and not the doctors office. made it to the docs office and to pick up the girls in time. I had to park in the parking garage at the hospital and my parking ticket fell on the floor so I did not take it with me to get it validated. Had to pay $1 for a 7 minute stay. I didn't go back for the ticket because I had to pee!! Well ended up wetting myself.

Just a long crabby day!! I need a DO OVER!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

• charK Said:
Good evening Grams!

It has been an evening from HE double hockey sticks here!

Caitlin has a big project to finish and LOST it all on the computer!! She was crying and carrying on. St. Peter tried to figure it out and couldn't and now HE is super crabby!

I LOST the piece of paper with all the counts on it for the soup labels and box tops for the 3/4 grades. Finally finished the pre-K. Now I have to recount all the soup labels. The box tops are in baggies by 50 a bag so they are easy to do.

Today I went to the WRONG place to deliver my paperwork for the colonoscopy on Thursday. I went to the surgery center and not the doctors office. made it to the docs office and to pick up the girls in time. I had to park in the parking garage at the hospital and my parking ticket fell on the floor so I did not take it with me to get it validated. Had to pay $1 for a 7 minute stay. I didn't go back for the ticket because I had to pee!! Well ended up wetting myself.

Just a long crabby day!! I need a DO OVER!

Oh I hate days like that. Have not had one for a long time...probably should not have said that......but anyway......I hope today is better. Love the sounds of your new car.....my dd in Maryland has heated seats and steering wheel....she loves it......says she will never have another car without it. I guess its like the people who have heated bathroom floors....once you've had it, hard to do without. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9

• scrappin 2 Said:
Cheryl...cute lo.

My Dr. uses the computer. It is situated so that he can see the patient. I too have often thought that they could loose all information in a power burb. I think it is unconscionable to fine the Doctors for not signing up.

Betsey I wonder if your parents thought the same thing as they aged...that the world was going to he)) in a hand basket....especially during the 60's. I do remember the day of the Cuban missile crisis. I remember being in the car going to school and Mom was upset. She told us to pray extra hard for peace.We didn't know of the dangers. Children were shielded back then.

You are right...but then we weren't walking around with cell phones and computers in our hand. The kids these days know everything about everything the moment it happens. between the cell phones with computer access and I Pads etc.....I don't think it is possible to shelter kids from stuff like we were. And you are right about the 60's.....my Mom and Dad were sure the world was ending........and soon. However, then we did not have all of the financial issues we have today. Between that, and the fact that certain religions teach survival techniques as part of their religion......and that we are running out of money for services for the sick and elderly, handicapped, etc.......that we have not repaired roads, bridges, power grids etc. for years and years........I am pretty sure there is more reason for pessimism than ever before. I keep thinking that sanity will prevail and that even those who are wealthy will figure out that their money will not keep them safe from the things above.....maybe we will be able to get our government to fix parts of what is wrong today.

But you are right.....I can remember my Mother saying things like that.......the Cuban Missile crisis was indeed a scary time....as was the cold war before than, and so on.

Not a great way to start the day! Hmmmmmmm

On another note, just watched home shopping and Martha Stewart and Anna Griffin will each have an hour on today late morning here. I saw some of the stuff just a few minutes ago.....before 5 am. Some really neat punches.....but I am glad I will be at work.......the last thing I need is more STUFF! I wish I knew what this addiction is I have about paper. I could scrap for the rest of my life without buying paper I think. LOL

Would anyone be interested in doing the traveling box again????? I know postage is so high that it hardly seems worthwhile, but I have soooo much paper and stuff.......that I would be willing to start a box again....what do you think??????

Coffee is on....I know its early but it's cold and I am up!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
hey; congrats Cathe.

Betsey; wanted to say that it seems, to me, irresponsible for a doctor to tell you to take something not knowing what meds you are on. I don't get it.

It happens all the time.....he also gave me a script for blood pressure meds........My blood pressure was high when the EMT's got here, however, I do NOT have high blood pressure....it is always around 118/63. Yet he looked at the chart from the entry into the hospital, and decided I have high blood pressure.....I think he saw my age etc....and just wrote all these scripts. I told my doc when he saw me before I was discharged that I was not taking or filling either of them. He said that was fine. What about all the old people, who still believe that the doctors words are law???? Who don't have family interceding with medical stuff. Florida is fullll of those folks. It truly does scare me and I wonder how many people there are here who are taking all kinds of stuff they don't need???? It boggles the mind!!!!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-23-13 02:55 AM
In response to memex9

Betsey, I think the traveling box is a fun idea! Even though I am not a paper scrapper, I would still enjoy participating. I have lots of paper stuff here, and I would enjoy attempting cards this year.

What is the cost of the flat rate postage for the size box we normally use? Since we aren't doing secret sisters this would be fun to do..

I am up early. We have to leave here at 7:00am. It is bitter cold!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-23-13 03:04 AM
In response to Sunnydi

My doctors are set up, also so they face me as they talk and type, she also is very good about listening and talking. this is my Primary Care Physician.

My oncologist tends to make me feel rushed and a bit intimidated! Yet, I like her.

-4 this morning, but supposed to be sunny!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Unfortunately, most are set up on what used to be the desk where they wrote charts etc, and that faces the wall, therefore the doc is facing the wall 90% of the time in the cubicle...whether reading or writing......! So far, here, I have not seen it any other way. But then, I do not go to every single doctor here.

I remember
Annie talking about this paperless thing, and what would happen to her business if that does become the norm. Well I think we are there. When doctors are being fined/charged for NOT being on that, then I think we are at the place where paper is truly a thing of the past. My question then, several years ago, is the same now.....what happens when computers crash, electric fails....and all the things that happen with computers. There is then NO copy of a patients chart?????? Hmmmmmmmmmthis does not sound good to me. Obviously when something is written, it can survive most natural disasters other than fire/ or possibly floot. But if electricity fails, then what??????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I m not so sure I want them typing and talking at the same time as most of them are not that good at typing...LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning.

Char what a day you had....no thanks! I always pray to St. Anthony patron saint of lost items. It must be a psychological thing as I usually find the item. You might give it a try if you haven't found that count yet. Poor Caitlin, I must learn how a flash drive works. I need to back up photos and important things.

Di -Whew!!! Glad all is well. You'll love having the mammogram read right then and there. Our Center for Women has done it that way for years. That reminds me I have to make my yearly appointment.

Betsey thanks for the heads up about Martha and Anna on QVC. I'd better not look. lol

Painting is all done so perhaps I will scrap today.

Traveling box. not sure if I want to do that or not. btw where is the traveling envelope? I'm dying to know what is in it.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Betsey - What do you do with this traveling box? It hasn't been done since I have been a part of this group so I am not sure what that entails.

Funny thing about this "paperless" way of working at the hospital is that they keep giving the nurses more "paper work" to fill out!! It is very frustrating to say the least!

Char - So sorry you had an awful day. Today WILL be better!!

Tish - Stay inside and WARM!!

Cathe - Glad your painting is finished.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Unfortunately, most are set up on what used to be the desk where they wrote charts etc, and that faces the wall, therefore the doc is facing the wall 90% of the time in the cubicle...whether reading or writing......! So far, here, I have not seen it any other way. But then, I do not go to every single doctor here.

I remember
Annie talking about this paperless thing, and what would happen to her business if that does become the norm. Well I think we are there. When doctors are being fined/charged for NOT being on that, then I think we are at the place where paper is truly a thing of the past. My question then, several years ago, is the same now.....what happens when computers crash, electric fails....and all the things that happen with computers. There is then NO copy of a patients chart?????? Hmmmmmmmmmthis does not sound good to me. Obviously when something is written, it can survive most natural disasters other than fire/ or possibly floot. But if electricity fails, then what??????

When the agency I worked for began the "paperless" systems for case records, there was an automatic backup of the system daily. Anything not backed up should a power failure, etc. happen would be minimal because of the most recent back up. These systems are much more sophisticated than 10+ years ago when I retired. I know they aren't fail proof but not quite so scary.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to oakhills

HUGE HUGS TO YOU CHAR.....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-23-13 08:46 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I m not so sure I want them typing and talking at the same time as most of them are not that good at typing...LOL

This is true Betsey!!! I sit in a chair right by doctors desk! This morning Dr. Thrower said come look over my shoulder and you can see the results of your CAT Scan, as she proceeded to show me pictures of my inner's!

I suppose all this modern technology is good, but I still like the old fashioned way of doing things and the old bedside manner! Does that mean I am resistant to change?

As you can see I am home early today. After checking my lab results, doctor decided to wait another week for treatment. JOY! My wbc was too low today. She was pleased with the CAT scan results though so that is a plus! I have also developed this itchy rash on my wrists, palms etc. which she called dyshidrotic eczema. So she prescribed a steriod cream for that! I have never had skin problems in my life!

The only thing I can say about all the records being computerized etc. and losing electric, is that they are supposed to be backed up, and most big places do have generators. You have a good point though.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-23-13 08:48 AM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Betsey - What do you do with this traveling box? It hasn't been done since I have been a part of this group so I am not sure what that entails.

Funny thing about this "paperless" way of working at the hospital is that they keep giving the nurses more "paper work" to fill out!! It is very frustrating to say the least!

Char - So sorry you had an awful day. Today WILL be better!!

Tish - Stay inside and WARM!!

Cathe - Glad your painting is finished.

Cheryl...no could do! We had to leave the house this morning at 7:00 am to go to the Cancer Center. After lab work and an IV put in, doctor decided to wait a week to treat due to a very low white blood count! So...IV out and home I am for now!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 01-23-13 08:50 AM
In response to charK

Char, so sorry your day was long and crabby! Today will not be a fun day for you either since you have to have just liquids (right) Cheer up by tomorrow afternoon you can eat solids again!!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics