Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Olympic Host City Progressive 2 ~~~ Live 3 PM EST Sun        (Topic#1579047)
Resident

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them--or at least that's where you thought you left it)

THIS IS A MOTIVATIONAL ROUND --- no points no prizes

At the selected time of the day 3 PM EST, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge. Round 1 is over at noon Sunday. Feel free to go here to complete that challenge and get a little warm up done.

This weekend our progressive will be related to Olympic Games Host Cities

We will do a second round Sunday at 3 PM

You will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step can be using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free moment to play. For this mega large progressive you have one week to finish any project.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift or freestyle
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title
*******Step seven: journaling/doodling time

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within one week of the last direction.
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type.
This month (JUNE) is for points! Every layout you complete (one per round) earns you points. Extra points for finishing 1st, 2nd,or 3rd and winning a poll or vote plus encouraging a friend to play along
****When the challenge weekend has been closed I will PM all participants and each person that completes a page will select their favorite project. Voting earns you more points
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will points for PMing a vote..
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the the week.
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks.

Resident
In response to Progressive Challenge

I'm going to start my busy Saturday. I won't even think about the questions for this round until Sunday. But if someone is feeling motivated and would like to make the questions list that would be very cool.

Here's the link for the list of Olmpyic Host Cities

justowen
Governor
justowen

Found it and marked it! I should be here!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to justowen

I should be here I overslept this morning I am usually up by 8 am on Saturday's but I stayed up until like 3 am scrapbooking last night so I didn't wake up until 10

Resident
In response to Teresakay

Hi Jenny... excused tardy for sure Tesera. Off to drive to my dad's house and do part two of this day

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

We have a luncheon @church tomorrow, so I'll catch up once it's done.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Faithscrapper

SWEEEEET!!!! I thought it was 3 pm today and got so sad that I missed y'all this month, but then I saw that it wasn't until SUNDAY!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I hope I can remember this until tomorrow!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Megan Ann

Megan, there is one for today, too.

justowen
Governor
justowen

Double-checking the time...wanna make sure I don't get confused by the time zones.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to justowen

looks like we have ONE more hour until start time!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

I HATE not living in EST!!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

YAY!!!! I have my pictures printing as I type! This might be a challenge...I want to use 7 pics on this LO! I don't know if I should print back-up pics in case what I have in mind WILL NOT work at all! I have no pics unpacked yet, so I only have what I print to work with! ACK!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

AND I have NO IDEA what paper I am going to use! I have one ep old, old collection and some random sheets I got in a swap. I know where some plain cs is upstairs, so I think I might go get that so I can atleast have something neautral to work with

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Can anyone tell I got some sleep last night and have already had my 1st cup of coffee???? I'm a little chatty and energetic--I hope this lasts for the next 3 1/2 hours!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Megan Ann

LOL! Megan I love it when you're chatty! We have no hope of getting home in time for me to do this today, but maybe I can at least post yesterday's

justowen
Governor
justowen

Megan!

Hi Paula, Hi Megan!

I am back at the scrapdesk, desk cleared, listening to NASCAR in the next room (DS2 is watching), and flipping back and forth between our Men's Polo Team competing and the Cards v. Cubs game. I guess I should finds some pics to use!

Resident

I'm finally home... unpacked,load of laundry packed. Now I'm off to make coffee so i can match Megan for energy. Anyone else around?

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

I finally am home and scrappin' to try one of these. Paper and picts on desk, just waiting for 3 EST ...

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Hi Lela!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to justowen

Hi Lela!!! I am back!

I'm going to miss you Paula

Enjoy your coffee Stacey!!! Mine was yummy!

Resident

Here's the link for the list of Olmpyic Host Cities

step 1. What city hosted the Olympics the year your child/pet was born?

step 2. What city hosted the Olympics close to the year BFF graduated from high school?

step 3. Find a host city's name that starts with the same letter as your child's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to the name.

Step 4: Find the host city's name that starts with the same letter as your last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name.

Step 5: Find the host city that is located closest to where you currently live.

step 6. What city hosted the Olympics closest to the year you were born.

step 7. Find the host city that's name starts with the same letter as your mom's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name.

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 07-29-12 11:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

I had to clear off the progressive from yesterday's LO off my dining room table so I could scrap today's progressive! I hope to finish it when I am finished this one! I am done through step 3, and contemplating step 4....

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Hi Lela!

Hi Jenny! Hi Megan Ann! Ready to get started!

Resident

Hi Lela. I blinked swigged on my coffee and missed a lot of post.

let's get this bad boy started@!!!!!

step 1. What city hosted the Olympics the year your child/pet was born?

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 07-29-12 11:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• LelaScraps-n-Stamps Said:
  • justowen Said:
Hi Lela!

Did you find your answers to the questions on the top of this page? You can do that now so you don't have to flip back and forth between the wiki page and sb.com.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Torino, Italy

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
  • justowen Said:
Hi Lela!

Did you find your answers to the questions on the top of this page? You can do that now so you don't have to flip back and forth between the wiki page and sb.com.

No, I didn't yet ... is that part of the scrap challenge? I'll go do that now

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

(Aslan was born the day after the opening ceremony in 2006!)

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
  • justowen Said:
Hi Lela!

No, I didn't yet ... is that part of the scrap challenge? I'll go do that now

It is how the steps are chosen. Randomly to a degree b/c the host does not know YOUR answer to the questions, and different options are linked to different answers. I hope that was not too confusing!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

OH dear, I hope I did not confuse Lela!!!

(btw, I love your name Lela!!!!)

Resident
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Torino, Italy

2. STEP ONE: select a sketch you want to complete. Add the URL or link to the post so we know which layout you will lift. A great site to get sketches is: http://pagemaps.com/ This is only a five minute stage

How adorable that you have her date locked into the event!!! And thank you I needed a sketch!!! But I can't show the sketch and such until August but I'm playing along in spirit...maybe I'll do sneak peeks

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

WOW! Wendy's must have SUPER COFFEE this morning!

Resident

megam makes a good pic and she helps the newbies... Megan do you have a favorite button I could click

Resident

step 2. What city hosted the Olympics close to the year BFF graduated from high school?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Munich, West Germany

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Megan Ann

I'm going to do this sketch ...(hopefully the link works!)

http://pinterest.com/pin/21793206943831606 5/

Resident
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Munich, West Germany

37 38 39 40 41 42

STEP TWO- Pick any ONE of the following to do one of the papers in your layout:

37. Create a pattern paper by masking
38. Aged Background with gel medium
39. crumble, wad, and then unfold and straighten
40. place a textured item under the paper and sand over the paper so that texture shows through. Sand paper trick
41. Mask and then Stencil
42. Make crooked curls like Bonnie

or any of these new ideas

step 2- background
1. Use folded- flower punches to create a shape in an area of a layout like this
2. Use one paper or part of layout to create NFaux Rusty
3. crushed egg background
4. Button border stitch, doodle, drape twine between buttons if you want
5. use buttons to form a circle or part circle on a page like this
6. repetitive die cut border
7. Tear down and place an accordion folded section under the layout like this.

Resident

Hi Jenny!!!

Lela how are you doing? Have you found a sketch you want to follow??

And Megan your not getting sleepy are you?

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:

Thanks, named after my Grandma!

I don't think you confused me, I looked up all my answers to the questions

Resident

I'm off to put my laundry away and then i'll be ready to move us to 3... brb

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

Hi I am here

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

• Progressive Challenge Said:
  • Megan Ann Said:
Torino, Italy

2. STEP ONE: select a sketch you want to complete. Add the URL or link to the post so we know which layout you will lift. A great site to get sketches is: http://pagemaps.com/ This is only a five minute stage

How adorable that you have her date locked into the event!!! And thank you I needed a sketch!!! But I can't show the sketch and such until August but I'm playing along in spirit...maybe I'll do sneak peeks

Got it ... sketch is here - July 14 one
http://heart2heartchallen ges.blogspot.com/p/h2h-scrapbo...

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

LOL! ok, I'm still confused about the Olympic City Question Answers ... what am I doing with those? Do I post them? ALSO, once I pick a step 2 I want to do, do I post what I picked or just list that later?

Resident

• Megan Ann Said:

Thanks, named after my Grandma!

So far Megan's answers were the ones we used since she posted first. You'll notice the steps are in purple and we've only had two so far. The first one is to find a sketch you want to follow and link it some how to this forum

I don't think you confused me, I looked up all my answers to the questions

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Not sleepy yet! I am just having sketch choosing issues I want to use 7 pics, but an not finding an sketches that are inspiring me

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Not sleepy yet! I am just having sketch choosing issues I want to use 7 pics, but an not finding an sketches that are inspiring me

Megan Ann, if you want, check out the one I found, it has 7 pictures

http://heart2heartchallen ges.blogspot.com/p/h2h-scrapbo...

Edited by LelaScraps-n-Stamps on 07-29-12 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

that is a super cute sketch! But I am thinking more block-y if that makes sense? UGH! I have an idea in my head, but I might have to trash it and just start over with a sketch & it isn't 7 big pics, 1 big pic & 6 small ones.

Resident

LOL! ok, I'm still confused about the Olympic City Question Answers ... what am I doing with those? Do I post them? ALSO, once I pick a step 2 I want to do, do I post what I picked or just list that later?

The first person to post once I ask the single question determines the step. so far Megan has been first for both steps so her answers dictate what we have to do.

So far you just need to link what you'll do for step one.

As far as each step goes just do it to your page. At the end of the challenge you'll post your completed project and list which thing you did for each step.

Resident

scratch posting the sketch I see you've done that and even helped Megan... 7 pics for a progressive you are one ambition scrapper.

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

The first person to post once I ask the single question determines the step. so far Megan has been first for both steps so her answers dictate what we have to do.

So far you just need to link what you'll do for step one.

As far as each step goes just do it to your page. At the end of the challenge you'll post your completed project and list which thing you did for each step.

AHA! Now I think I'm w/ the process ... good! Thanks

Resident
In response to justowen

Hi Teresa i just saw you popped in...

okay let's move on

step 3. Find a host city's name that starts with the same letter as your child's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to the name.

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

scratch posting the sketch I see you've done that and even helped Megan... 7 pics for a progressive you are one ambition scrapper.

oh my ... not a good idea? should I pick another? I seem to be making this difficult, ROFL!

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Berlin, germany

Resident

Berlin, germany

26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Step THREE: Select any ONE of the following to do to your picture or photo mat

26. Use hole punches and eyelets on your picture or matt for a masculine distressed look. Here's an awesome example by Natasha AKA Luv.My.Babiez's.
27. repaint picture
28. do pleating around the picture- Pleating 1 Tutorial or here Pleating 2 Tutorial and here too Circle Pleating
29. Metal corners
30. add non-traditional decorative corners (use punches, stickers, rub-ons - be creative)
31. create a faux metal frame
32. Add paint on your photo. This is a great technique to remove unwanted background clutter and to make your picture blend to the page.
33. Transparency decorative corners
34. Water color a portion of a black and white picture like this.
35. Rolled Frame
36. Accent your picture by adding stitching to the edge of the picture or matt
37. Cut photos into multiple letters or shapes lie this Example
38. Instead of a mat use a frame!! That means it must extend over the picture and have the center cut out. You can place it anyway you want over the picture and any frame type transparencies count
39. Use a fan flower as a frame. See Sherry's incredible example here.
40. You must be in at least one of the pictures.

or one of the new things

step 3- picture
1. stacked photo
2. Stain glass frame
3. paint under picture as a mat like this
4. Button corners
5. make a mat from strips of paper
6. use woven strips as a mat, frame or partial frame

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

ACK! FINALLY PICKED ONE! I hope this link works:

http://embedit.in/ezgtLo8cgq

Resident

oh my ... not a good idea? should I pick another? I seem to be making this difficult, ROFL!

I always feel bad for anyone that pics a sketch with a ton of blocks or strips that need to be cut that's a lot to do in 15 minutes, but you can scrap real slow and from behind with me.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

on to step #2, I have some catching up to do!!!

Resident

Jenny very cute sketch... Lela love the wave in that sketch. Megan that's an interesting site... I gotta check that out more or was that your way of distracting me from the challange... LOL I love that the side bar does measurements and placements

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:

here's a 6 pic, sorta grid-y sketch that could easily be altered for 7 pics..I think. Not sure if it's what you have in mind.
http://pinterest.com/pin/12884523930897624 0/

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
ACK! FINALLY PICKED ONE! I hope this link works:

http://embedit.in/ezgtLo8cgq

Looks fun to me!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
  • Megan Ann Said:

here's a 6 pic, sorta grid-y sketch that could easily be altered for 7 pics..I think. Not sure if it's what you have in mind.

lol, I actually looked at that as one of my options and downloaded it, but I ended up going with another one from sketch support! TOO FUNNY!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

Here is the sketch I am going to use

June Page Maps ETC - Sketch #5 By GentlewoodFarms

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

I always feel bad for anyone that pics a sketch with a ton of blocks or strips that need to be cut that's a lot to do in 15 minutes, but you can scrap real slow and from behind with me.

I'm sure I'm on the learning curve on this one ... LOL! It will turn out very horizontal as I do see, no time for "extra's" ... hmmm

Resident

Wow we're on step four already...

Warning Lela this is considered by many the dreaded step four 'cause we have to make an embellishment and some of the options are insane!!!

Step 4: Find the host city's name that starts with the same letter as your last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name.

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Warning Lela this is considered by many the dreaded step four 'cause we have to make an embellishment and some of the options are insane!!!

Nagano Japan

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
  • justowen Said:
  • Megan Ann Said:

lol, I actually looked at that as one of my options and downloaded it, but I ended up going with another one from sketch support! TOO FUNNY!

Resident

Nagano Japan

7 8 9

STEP FOUR
Select one of the listed specific embellishment, flowers, or handmade crazes.

7. Dress Mannequin
8. Add a bottle cap pocket watch
9. paper piecing - CraftySprinkles Ideas and here's another stamping tutorial.

or

7. Porcelean Flowers

8.Fan Flower with a Twist

9. Ribbon flower sewn

or

7. Step four- Check out this collection of new techniques and find something to try on your page. New Techniques

8. Step four- Make a banner from a non traditional banner shape... Think hearts and butterflies. Consider some of the shape punches you have in your collection... Here's a great example

9. Step four- Add origami to your page. Check out this site for ideas and instructions. origami club

step 4 - flowers
1. yarn rosettes
2. RickRack Flowers
3. Shabby Chic Pearl - great for flower centers
4. washi tape vine
5. Satin Flower
6. sandflower
7. vintage bloom
8. grunge flower
9. paper bloom
10. Kay's Ruffled flower
11. make leaves from baker's twine
12. Spice up your leaves by emebellishing them with leaves
13. Wire and beads for vines
14. 3d stamped flower
15. Clay vine
16. Dogwood Flower
17. Distressed spiral rose

Step 4 - specific embellishment
1. use one of these great button ideas to dress up your layout
2. Make a butterfly and twine butterfly
3. Use baker's twine to a make a shape or design. This maybe interesting with a stencil. Check out the Mickey ears example
4. add a 3-d dress
5. add a view finder (you know those old fashion toys). You can print one or attach one if you have a kid's toy box to raid
6. Use bakery's twine to Emphasize an element
7. Wrap baker's twine around Scalloped circle
Step 4 - handmade embellishment

1. Prima Elegance Butterflies

2. Prima wire roses

3. Make these Folded butterflies

add buttons to trees or make a branch from clay like Gabriella P

add to chippie- Faux Rusty chippie

add to button-
button florish

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

well I just finished step 2 and on to step 3 ...so... guess I'm ready? ha!

Resident

Lela... GOOD LUCK

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Just so I did it right ... we pick ONE of the Step 4 Options?

Resident

Resident

Just so I did it right ... we pick ONE of the Step 4 Options?

Yeps...just ONE!!! Thank goodness!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I am just starting step 4!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

GRRRRRRRR....LO is a total bust so far....hating the style I went with! I might start over--I was going retro, but I think these pics DEFINITELY need elegant!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

yeah, I think I am going to try again! That means going on a hunt for some paper! I have just plain cs in my accessible stash! Hopefully I will not get too distracted!

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Atlanta, GA

Resident
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
yeah, I think I am going to try again! That means going on a hunt for some paper! I have just plain cs in my accessible stash! Hopefully I will not get too distracted!

NOOOO WAY!!!! And you not get distracted heee hee hee

Resident

Atlanta, GA

Lela gets to be everyone's hero!!! Atalanta was a free space for this step.

That means:
Step five: Free pass. Add any embellishments you ant or don't add embellishments and just skip it!!!

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
GRRRRRRRR....LO is a total bust so far....hating the style I went with! I might start over--I was going retro, but I think these pics DEFINITELY need elegant!

my layouts always seem to look better "in my head" than when they turn out

I just looked at some of the ones posted from challenge before ... oh, oh! Definitely mine seems much more basic

Resident

• Megan Ann Said:

my layouts always seem to look better "in my head" than when they turn out

I just looked at some of the ones posted from challenge before ... oh, oh! Definitely mine seems much more basic

Just let go and go with the challenge... As you work each step it seems insane but sometime (not always) when you stand back at the end your like HECK YAH I did that and its great.

Resident

step 6. What city hosted the Olympics closest to the year you were born.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Megan Ann

Grenoble

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Grenoble

me too!

justowen
Governor
justowen

• justowen Said:
Grenoble

me too!

I'm from Nov. 66, so I figured that was the closest.

Resident
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Grenoble

54 55 56 57

Step 6: Title time…. Do any ONE of the following to the title of your layout

54. Use the box technique for a title.
55. Double matt your title or to add emphasis to a single word double mat just a a portion of your title
56. Twisted Title
57. Create a zen-doodle. Use it background to place your title letters on. Zendoodle

or one of the new things

step 6 - Title
1. Use baker's twine or yarn to create a title like this.
2. foam stamped title
3. print & color title
4. molding paste as thickers

Resident

So I'm still way back at 2... i used some new masks Anna sent me (love you Anna if you stop by after hours) and added some butterflies and made like a whole scene to mask... I'm so stoked!!

Resident
In response to justowen

step 7. Find the host city that's name starts with the same letter as your mom's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name.

justowen
Governor
justowen

So I'm still way back at 2... i used some new masks Anna sent me (love you Anna if you stop by after hours) and added some butterflies and made like a whole scene to mask... I'm so stoked!!

wow! You are really ambitious today!
I'm trying to figure out where to put my title.

Resident

Anyone??? Ready

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

Tokyo

Resident
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Tokyo

11 4 5 6 31 32 33

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This is the last step. Have the camera ready (that means chip inserted) and quickly snap a picture because the top finishers get bonus points! Post your pic here and be sure to add what options you used for each step.

Just in case you need this. Here's hand stitching 101

STEP SEVEN: Select just one item from the following options:

DOODLING:
11. Find in the gallery a doodle you like and copy it...be sure to note where you go the idea from

Stitching
4. embroider a design like this beetle
5. Use a double straight stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Tool and Straight Stitch
6. Heart beat stitch

Jouranling-
31. shape journaling- journal in a shape (spiral, heart, ect.) on the page or tag, showing or hidden (if hidden-snap a picture of it)
32. Make your hidden journaling interactive. Make it so that viewer must pull or twist a tab or tag to expose the jouranling. Here's an example.
33. add a thought or talk bubble

Knot
Knots-
1. Heart knot

Edited by Progressive Challenge on 07-29-12 01:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

I am all caught up but just realized while I was looking for something I found the pencil that I was going to use to put black polka dots on my Round 1 layout .

Resident
In response to Teresakay

Those gremins shouldn't be hiding that stuff from you!!!

Resident

I should create a poll... select 1 if the lack of sleep caught up with megan... select 2 playing in her scrappy supplies distracted here... select 3 megan is frantically working through all the previous steps as she revamps this page.

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps
In response to Teresakay

well, my title is on, but it's time for dinner here (6 EST). My DH and I are "empty nesters" as of last weekend so I should go eat with him I'll be back to finish my last 2 steps.

I actually like my page but it's a stretch from the sketch ... LOL!

Resident

Okay I think I'm going to step away. I have to record my church mini album and work on my blog post revealing it tomorrow. And Hubby wants some time together.

I see that Sat the 25th is our next time together. In the mean time feel free to come by the progressive chat room and see what's been going on and share anything you think would work as a step for our net progressive.

I'll check in later and see what you all have shaking

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

Here is my layout

Just Hanging around By Teresakay
Step 1
sketch used June Page Maps ETC - Sketch #5 By GentlewoodFarms
Step 2
5. use buttons to form a circle or part circle on a page like this
Step 3
30. add non-traditional decorative corners (use punches, stickers, rub-ons - be creative)(sticker flowers )
Step 4
8. Step four- Make a banner from a non traditional banner shape... Think hearts and butterflies. Consider some of the shape punches you have in your collection... used flowers,bees,bird and hearts .
Step 5
free
Step 6
Double matted title
Step 7
journal-ed in a circle (the tree)

Edited by Teresakay on 07-29-12 02:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justowen
Governor
justowen

Here's my lo...a little bit over done - if you look close enough, you might even find the kitchen sink on this one!

Puppy Love By Justowen

1. Sketch - http://harmonieloisirscre atifs.blogspot.ca/2012_03_01_a...
2. repetitive die cut border
3. Instead of a mat use a frame!!
4. button flourish
5.Embellishments - FREE PASS
6.Double matt your title
7. Use a double straight stitch

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

Teresa, your lo is ADORABLE!! It looks so perfectly done!

Resident

ROFL I see the sink wow!!! I'm just amazed you did that much detail in a progressive... teresa your is very cute. Lela how you do?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics