Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: Very Laid Back Challenge -- August Edition        (Topic#1579127)
ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Welcome to the August edition of the Very Laid Back Challenge -- or the VLB as it's lovingly referred to.

Please read this entire post before you sign up.

For anyone new to this challenge, here's the idea: so many of us crave all the lovin' our neighbors leave when we do challenges, but sometimes we just want to create layouts and projects that have nothing to do with challenges (and still get some love!). Well, for this challenge, you can just create pages and other projects and link them here. You can follow my weekly challenges, but it's not a requirement. Basically, anything goes!

Here's the one and only catch: YOU HAVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS' LAYOUTS AND PROJECTS. So, if you sign up, you are committing yourself to leaving comments as well as receiving them. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task, I'm restricting the number of players to 35 or so. This is not a one entry challenge. This is a month long commitment to post ALL your work and check out everyone else's. Please post projects only from this month. And please be aware that we can be REALLY CHATTY on this thread and the posts can add up really fast.

Also -- I'd love to learn everyone's first name --if it's not in your siggy could you please tell us.

Every weekend, I'll post a new challenge.

Challenges:
Week1 -- It's all about the Olympics.
Do a lo about the Olympics, or your favorite sport, or even the host city. Let us know how your lo reflects the Olympic spirit.

Week 2 :
In honor of National RElaxation DAy -- scrap something that is relaxing or just relax.

Week 3:
Back to School

Week 4:

Travel theme or on the Move

Participants:
1. ncyankee
2. LesleyC
3. AnnaC
4. MelissaW
5. jazzescrapper
6. Tena E.
7. Sara S
8. Claggy
9. Twinlets Mama
10. Lenethren
11. DancinIrish90
12. Pookahbot
13. Godschild94
14. scrapperbee
15. lpeeps
16. cveira
17. sasload4
18. JustLyn
19. raining
20. amancuso
21. ximxyoursx
22. Allamy

Edited by ncyankee on 08-24-12 05:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to ncyankee

Me, me, me. Oh, me, please!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to MeliMedina

Jeez Mel -- give me a minute. LOL.

If you asked me to sign you up and I forget -- please just remind me. You know you're all in!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Challenge for the week --

How can the challenge not be about the Olympics! It can be specifically about it, or your favorite sport, or how about the host city London.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to ncyankee

I'm so in this time. I am ready to scrapbook and organize and just be creative again. I really miss it and sb.com. I know I can be better this month. I was foolish to sign up in June and July knowing I had my mom to care for. Life seems to be easing into normalcy(whatever that may be

I have a question, I just got my first smartphone, it's an Andriod, I really want to get apps and I don't know any that are good. Can anyone tell me some fun apps to get.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Jeez Mel -- give me a minute. LOL.

If you asked me to sign you up and I forget -- please just remind me. You know you're all in!

Sorry... I was stalking for the thread and all over it!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Thanks Eileen!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Sorry. Didn't mean to double post here.

Edited by Anna C on 07-30-12 08:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Anna C

I'm here Eileen, please sign me up

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Tena E.

Sue, hope your Mom recovery is going well, prayers for you both...and hope you get a chance to get in some scrap therapy.

Great challenge Eileen, hope I get to this one.

ACU for now!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 07-30-12 08:38 AM
In response to Tena E.

I have been silently stalking the July thread waiting for Aug to open up, and it finally has,

SO SIGN ME UP PLEASE

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to SaraS

Me too!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Claggy

Does wine drinking count as an Olympic sport?

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to ncyankee

i'm here!!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Twinlets Mama

I`m in again please and thank you!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Lenethren

Lesley -- sure thing. Maybe we could do Synchronized Wine Sipping. LOL

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to ncyankee

Me please

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to dancinirish90

DOO:

Kaya By Dancinirish90

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot

Me, please! I stayed caught up in July's thread!!

Polka Dots had a setback last night--they increased the amount they were feeding her in anticipation of releasing her today, and she started throwing it up (sorry, not to be gross...) She's showing signs of nausea and anxiety, so she's still at kitty hospital. Not sure when they'll be able to release her, since it looks like she's going to have to continue the tube feeding, and that's supposed to be every four hours.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Pookahbot

I'm in again too!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 07-30-12 11:39 AM
In response to godschild94

Sorry to hear about Polka Dots continued problems Genie. Hugs to you all!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to SaraS

Poor Pokie! I hope she makes a turnaround tonight and can come home tomorrow!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Of course, I want in!

Poor kitty--so hope she gets better soon.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

I'm in and still here but barely! We closed on the house and have spent the weekend moving our stuff from temp house to the new house garage, cleaning both places,painting the boys rooms, bridal shower for niece, start of football camp which we forgot about and packed all of his cleats and stuff in boxes because mom's a dork! But we get our delivery of household goods from storage tomorrow! I am so ready to settle in.

I gave my niece her album I took forever to finish last night. She was in tears. So fun to see that reaction.

Finished up love from last month but fell short on the last couple days of comments. Sorry about the cat's fall back, Genie.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to lpeeps

Dropping the first bomb of the month. I barely posted anything last month and I just started my sister's wedding album so lots of new pages to share...bombs away!

The Processional By Godschild94

Beautiful Girls By Godschild94

Memorable Moment By Godschild94

Getting Ready By Godschild94

Just Married By Godschild94

Junk Food Alley By Godschild94

Let's Bowl By Godschild94

Eggs-tra Special Tradition By Godschild94

July 4th Fireworks By Godschild94

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 07-30-12 02:21 PM

Oh how I've missed Janeen bombs
Love your work girlie!!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to SaraS

Jci and staying caught up,

Janeen, love all the wedding pages.

Lisa(lpeeps), glad you're starting to get settle into your new home and glad your niece loved her album, the pages were great.

Genie, hope kitty is feeling better & home soon.

I'm ACU for now, off to have dinner

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Tena E.

Genie...

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Finishing up July sketches:

Look at Me By Scrapperbee

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to scrapperbee

I'm cu on July.

Dropping another - I never do 2 LO's in one day!!

Soakin' Up the Sun! By Dancinirish90

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Front page should be updated.

Genie -- poor kitty. Hope she feels better soon.

Brian had a great time at his SAT prep class today -- how weird. LOL. First thing they did was take a full test. He'll get results tomorrow. 11 more days.

So since I'm stuck so close to ARchivers -- I'm heading there tomorrow.

Will catch up later.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:

If it did, Kathie Lee and Hoda would get the gold!!!

Edited by Anna C on 07-31-12 08:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Anna C

I'm baaccckkk! You all didn't think I could stay away for more than 1 month now, did you?
Missed you gals. xoxoxo

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to cveira

Yay Christine!

Hey all, jci. Vacay has been awesome. Nina has brothers fighting over her. We are having a blast. We go home on Friday.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

acu

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Lesley, glad you're haveing a great time on your vacation.

I'm acu as well. and it's way past my bedtime.

Be good and stay safe. xoxoxo

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cveira

acu and about to go play for a while

welcome back, Christine!

lpeeps- so glad you're finally getting settled and moved into your new place. yay!!

genie- hope there's no more kitty setbacks

I think thats it. if i missed you--sorry!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to cveira

I'm in again for August.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to sasload4

do2:

pretty colours By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

'come in' By Twinlets Mama

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to jazzescrapper

• jazzescrapper Said:
I'm so in this time. I am ready to scrapbook and organize and just be creative again. I really miss it and sb.com. I know I can be better this month. I was foolish to sign up in June and July knowing I had my mom to care for. Life seems to be easing into normalcy(whatever that may be

I have a question, I just got my first smartphone, it's an Andriod, I really want to get apps and I don't know any that are good. Can anyone tell me some fun apps to get.

Sue, I have an android as well. One app that I love is I love color. Its full of color schemes; I can use it for scrapping or for decorating.

I also have the Michaels and Joann apps on my phone for coupons. Other than that, the usual...Facebook, gmail, bank apps, etc. Have fun!

Edited by LesleyC on 07-31-12 02:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to LesleyC

Good morning!

Welcome back Christine! Hope the "company" is preparing to return home!

Genie, so sorry about your kitty!

Lisa(lpeeps), glad you are finally getting moved into your new home and now maybe things will calm down a bit for you.

Hello to everyone else.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 07-31-12 06:41 AM
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
  • LesleyC Said:

If it did, Kathie Lee and Hoda were get the gold!!!

Seriously!!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Morning -- dropped Brian off at SAT class. Had to skip Archivers today -- electrician coming to house.

But no worries -- I'll go tomorrow. WE are spending the night in Raleigh. Brendan comes home tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM!!!!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to ncyankee

Good morning. Cassie has an appt with the podiatrist today. She hurt her foot at the dance conference we were at last weekend, and this is the soonest I could get her in. It's feeling a lot better now with a week's rest, but I want them to check it out anyway. She's flat footed too, so I'm interested to see what they have to say about that in regard to her dancing.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 07-31-12 07:37 AM

DOO:

Beautiful By SaraS

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • jazzescrapper Said:

Sue, I have an android as well. One app that I love is I love color. Its full of color schemes; I can use it for scrapping or for decorating.

I also have the Michaels and Joann apps on my phone for coupons. Other than that, the usual...Facebook, gmail, bank apps, etc. Have fun!

I love color combos so this will be a fun app to have. Thank you and I will check them all out.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper

ACU for now. I'll be back tonight to get caught up again...lol...I'm sure by this evening there will be a ton more pages I hope from me too BUT I have rainy weather and since my scanner broke I have to take pictures of my pages and the rain will not allow for great photos.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

July was a lost cause for me, but I'm hoping August will be better. Sign me up for the VLB, please, and the synchronized wine sipping, too! Be back tonight to get ACU.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to justLyn

Looks like our Synchronized Wine Tasting Team with be rather large! LOL.

DOO --

Under your spell -- 1963 By Ncyankee

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to ncyankee

Peeking in from work.....We have a holiday here tomorrow - Emancipation Day and another one on Monday - Independence Day. I am definately locking myself in my room and scrapping!! It's been way too long.

Hmmm, synchronized wine tasting - sounds interesting. I'm in!

Lisa how did Cassie's appt go? I'm thinking of going to a podiatrist myself - I have this on and off pain smack in the middle of my left foot bottom. For quite some time now....I think it's time to get it assessed.

Enjoy the rest of the day. xoxox

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to cveira

That's been my day. Now I'm going to make myself some alcoholic beverages and enjoy my evening.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies jci,

Christine, good to have you back, wish I could come celebrate your holidays again this year, hope you get to scrap.

DH is off for a few days starting on the 2nd and his B-day is on the 4th so probably won't be much scrapping here for a few days just hanging out with him.

Melissa, hope the rest of the day gets better! Lesley, glad you're having fun, hope you've taken lots of photos.

ACU for now and off to make dinner for one today but I'm lazy so maybe just a salad...see ya later!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 07-31-12 02:15 PM
In response to Tena E.

I'm in on the synchronized wine drinking, er tasting too!
Hope you are enjoying some right now Mel!!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Tena E.

I hear you, Mel. A nice cocktail is in my immediate future too. Forget the wine sipping - I'm going for bourbon.

Cassie appointment was good and bad. She doesn't have a stress fracture, so that's good. However, she does have a chronic problem that will be something for her to deal with for the rest of her life. The pain is from tendonitis, which is being caused by Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. Basically, she's flat-footed, and that has made the tendon that is supposed to pull the bone up to make the arch, stretch out. She's stage 1 now, so she still has full function, but at some point she may not be able to raise her heel off the floor if that tendon continues to weaken. Not so good for pointe... So, she has to get custom orthotics and wear them in gym shoes as much as possible. This is going to be a struggle for her because she lives in flip flops and Birkenstocks - hates gym shoes. He's going to write her a note to get around the dress code at school, but I know she's not going to want to do that anyway because she won't want to look like a dork with her uniform skirt and gym shoes. Hopefully, wearing them around the house and outside of school and dance will be enough. And hopefully, my insurance is going to cover this - some don't. Sigh.

Anyway, I have another LO to drop off that I did this afternoon:

my Baby By Dancinirish90

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Lisa, my MIL got those inserts and paid OOP for them and they weren't very expensive. I know the ones I have for high arches for running were around $75, which is on the higher range, but I only have to replace them once every 3-4 pair of shoes, of which I pay over $100 for and they only last 250-300 miles worth of running, or 1 year due to age.

I made myself a root beer barrel, which is basically root beer, vanilla vodka, and half and half. It was delicious!

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper

• MelissaW Said:
Lisa, my MIL got those inserts and paid OOP for them and they weren't very expensive. I know the ones I have for high arches for running were around $75, which is on the higher range, but I only have to replace them once every 3-4 pair of shoes, of which I pay over $100 for and they only last 250-300 miles worth of running, or 1 year due to age.

I made myself a root beer barrel, which is basically root beer, vanilla vodka, and half and half. It was delicious!

I may need to try this sometime. That sounds really good for a bad day fix.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Christine -- sounds like plantar fasciitis. I'm not a podiatrist but I impersonate one on sb.com

I hated when I had to get orthotics. I love my flip flops. But I actually now own orthotic flip flops and they are not even that ugly. Live in them. Especially in the south -- I can push the flip flop season pretty far.

No wine or bourbon for me -- I've just poured a vodka. Jeez Brian drove home from Raleigh (around 60 miles) in rush hour traffic. OY

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• MelissaW Said:

That's been my day. Now I'm going to make myself some alcoholic beverages and enjoy my evening.

Hmm...think I'll join you! I'm having one of those too!

raining
Governor
raining

I'm in again girls!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to raining

One more lo for this month:

Melting Pot By Scrapperbee

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to scrapperbee

Well, that's good to hear about the orthotics. The way the doctor was asking about if I wanted to wait to check if insurance pays for them, I was thinking they would be really expensive. I told him, if she needs them, she needs them - just do the molds.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

good night - just up chatting with my mom and dd.
love these moments.

ttyl xoxoxo

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cveira

Good evening everyone!

These last few weeks have given us incredibly wicked weather, with the heat wave everyone seems to be experiencing. Theres been severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings just about every night for about two weeks now. Its insane! And, in the light of that, today marks the 25th anniversary of Black Friday- the largest and deadliest tornado to hit my hometown and country! 27 people died and over 300 people were injured. At the time, we lived just blocks from all the devastation, but our house and neighbourhood was spared. I remember walking through all the carnage afterwards, and it still haunts me today! I was 8 years old. It was an F-4.

What has the weather been like for everyone else? In my town, we haven't seen anything really severe, but we have gotten loads of rain, and its caused some flooding and some evacuations. I haven't heard of anything new since last week, so thats a good sign!

Just wanted to check in and mms

Enjoy visiting with your mom and dd, Christine!

dancinirish- that sucks! Hopefully the orthotics help!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu.

And I realize with the Olympic wine drinking that has been going on this week, I may have overextended myself on signing up for august challenges. Oopsie.

Weather today (yesterday) was crappy. Went for tea (photos on FB) and hung out with the kids at night. It was good to have a night "off". Nina is having a blast, but she gets overstimulated easily. Not sure what's on tap for today...it's all very weather dependent.

Back to bed...

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• jazzescrapper Said:
ACU for now. I'll be back tonight to get caught up again...lol...I'm sure by this evening there will be a ton more pages I hope from me too BUT I have rainy weather and since my scanner broke I have to take pictures of my pages and the rain will not allow for great photos.

Send the rain to me. We are getting desperate!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

OK,day Tulsa was the warmest place in the country! How can that be? Phoenix and Vegas were cooler than us. Houston and Miami look frigid by comparison! Alaska is looking mighty fine about now!

BTW-Forcast looks worse for Wed.!

raining
Governor
raining
In response to Claggy

Dropping off!
My Heart ***SCRAPS OF ELEGANCE*** By Raining
Mother & Daughter ***SCRAPS OF ELEGANCE*** By Raining
My Favorite Things ***SCRAPS OF ELEGANCE*** By Raining

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 08-01-12 05:32 AM
In response to raining

Happy Wednesday morning!

Here in MN, we have the heat, but we have also been getting rain. I love the heat, so I am happy! It was a great year to put in the pool that's for sure. We use it every day we are home.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to SaraS

Good morning.

We've gotten a little rain finally, but it's supposed to be super hot again for the next few days.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Eileen, did you stay in a Holiday Inn while you were in Raleigh???? (Refering to the commerical, kwim?)

We had severe storms in late June and early July. While things have cooled down some, we are very dry and need more rain. The rain has been so funny the last few weeks. Minor flooding in parts of our county and bone dry in others.

Have a great day ladies!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 08-01-12 10:11 AM
In response to Anna C

T-ball isn't an Olympic sport, but here is my lo for Eileen's challenge:

T-ball By SaraS

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to SaraS

DOO!

Millie By MelissaW

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

jci,

Ali, our weather here in GA has been typical summer...hot, humid with thunderstorms in the evening on most days. Yesterday it rained most of the day and we did cool down for a bit, today back to normal very hot & humid. August is always pretty hot here.

ACU for now!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

hi everybody! peeking in and getting caught up!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to cveira

DOO:

Abby is one By Dancinirish90

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been HOTTER today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please sweet Jesus, we need some rain and cooler temps! I'm about to the point I'd give up scrapping for a time if it would rain and cool down.

YES, I SAID THAT!!!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Claggy

Sara -- that T-ball lo looks Olympic to me!

Went to ARchivers today -- got 5 lo's done. Now hanging in the hotel. Just found out Brendan's plane is 1/2 late. Won't be coming in until 11:30. UGH.

Here are my lo's -- (I'm bored -- so I took the pics with my iphone; they are looking a bit washed out).

Ready, Set, Flow By Ncyankee

Skye Whisperer By Ncyankee

Objects in the Mirror ... By Ncyankee

Nellie By Ncyankee

Champs By Ncyankee

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Lesley -- be a good girl or the wine drinking captain will have to bench you!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to ncyankee

ok Tropical Depression number 5 has formed in the Atlantic and if you go by the forecasts (early days yet though) it's shaping up to be a hurricane by the time it reaches us on Monday. fingers crossed it will dissipate before then.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 08-01-12 04:56 PM
In response to cveira

Christine, I will cross my fingers that your house "guests" get out before then! You don't want them stuck there any longer!!!! Seriously though, hope it doesn't cause any damage/problems. Stay safe!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to SaraS

Sara -- seriously you are so right! Christine hope he moves away. Now I better go check and see what they're forecasting. I have no time in my schedule for a hurricane.

And Sara reminded me that my swimming lo -- meets my Olympic lo.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to SaraS

We've had a rough couple of days--after her setback on Sunday, Polka Dots passed away Monday afternoon. Telling my daughter that her kitty was gone was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. We have lost four fur babies over the last year or so, and my heart is just broken. I know she's "just" a pet, but life can be so freaking unfair, and I miss every single one of those cats.
Lisa Irish, I'm sorry to hear about Cassie's troubles. I hope that she's able to balance the shoes/orthotics with real life and dancing. I know she's older than Evie, but mine refuses to wear dressier shoes with her uniform anymore; tennis shoes or nothing! Of course, she also pretty much refuses to wear the jumpers/skirts too, she only wants pants now.
We've been hotter than usual--we broke the high temp record (103 earlier in July, broke the previous record which was 102), and also the average temp for the month of July also broke the previous record. We are one of the areas suffering from drought, although we have gotten some rain lately. I've noticed that the corn fields seem to look a little better, but I don't know enough to really judge and I think it's still too soon to tell.
Christine, stay safe. I hope it goes away before it reaches you. Isn't this unusual timing for a hurricane, I thought that season was nearer to October?

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to SaraS

JCI and dropping off some love.

I'm going to pop my July comments on here hope you ladies don't mind.

ALI - Your smoothie sounds amazing, so I wrote down all you put into it and I'm going to make it within the next day or two.
My DGD is so excited about pre-k that when she wakes up she asks if its time for school yet. We find out on the 20th of this month is she got in, and then school starts the 24th.
Hot temps here in Texas. Today was 108 so who knows what that made the heat index, but all I know is that it was way to hot for my liking!!!

LESLEY C - Proud of you for figuring out the Silhouette. You go girl!!
I'm with you and knowing the only Charlie Daniels song, and the memory it brings back for me is when I went to see some male strippers and that was one of the songs in their routine.
Here's a funny. I had it in my head that you live in Florida, hmmmm how weird.
Wine drinking as an Olympic sport consider me part of the team.

NANCY - You're not a CW music fan I'm curious as to what your music genre is? I'm not a big fan of modern country I like the older stuff, Marty Robbins,Jim Reeves etc. I also like a bit of everything, when I'm cleaning it's Queen, AC/DC the louder the better.
How is your back doing?
I take it you live in Tulsa. My neice works at one of the hospitals in Tulsa, and then lives outside of Tulsa, the place has an unusual name beginning with Oo.

ANNA C - Did the antibiotics help with the ear infection?

LISA (lpeeps) - How is your Mum doing?
Good luck in your new home and getting unpacked the only thing I hate about moving.
So happy to read that your neice loved her album, yay!

EILEEN - Great idea and great job on the ADOPT- ME album. Since the album has been made have any of the dogs been adopted?

MELISSA W - I knew you would do well on your final, congrats on the grades, passing the final and that great GPA.
A root beer barrell, not my cup of bevvy, hate root beer the smell gets to me, I would need to experiment with other soft drinks.

GENIE - How is Polka Dots doing, is she ready for home yet?

SUE - It's very understandable that you can't complete the challenges at the moment, take care of your family first, and then come back to us.

CHRISTINE - Welcome back, missed you and your work!! Is your life back to normal now?

LISA (dancinirish) - Bit of a bum rap for Cassie, but hope all goes well for her. I too am flat footed and know that having a foot injury bites.

TENA - I make a salad that my friends just crave for, so when we go on our yearly scrap-away I make it for lunch and it's got everything but the kitchen sink on the plate, and there's not a thing left on the plates when they're all done, well maybe the pattern. LOL
Where in Georgia do you live? I used to live in Valdosta.

Whoop, whoop I'm all caught up for the moment.

Be back soon.

CBTN

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

GENIE - Oh my goodness, I'm so, so, sorry about Polka Dots,I just read your post. Those fur babies just trample your heart with their paws. I'm so sorry once again. A for you and your daughter.

CHRISTINE - I forgot to add in my last post. Hoping the hurricane dwindles out before it reaches you, if not then stay very safe!!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to sasload4

Why am I up??

Question about the weekly challenges. Are we "supposed to" do them during the week of the challenge (use or lose) or can we do them anytime during that month?

Christine, I sure hope that hurricane heads away. Ugh!!

Edited by LesleyC on 08-01-12 10:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Why am I up??

Question about the weekly challenges. Are we "supposed to" do them during the week of the challenge (use or lose) or can we do them anytime during that month?

You can go back and do them at any time. It's part of the whole VLB... the challenges have no due date!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

• MelissaW Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
Why am I up??

You can go back and do them at any time. It's part of the whole VLB... the challenges have no due date!

\
Or don't do them at all -- they are not mandatory. They are prompts to help challenge you.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Morning ladies -- Ok I'll say it again. I'm tired. LOL.

Brendan & I got back to the hotel around Midnight. He's still snoozing. Going to run Brian over to his class & then come back and wake him up so we can head home. He looks fabulous -- sounds like an amazing trip. Already talking about which trip for next year. He doesn't know yet -- that next summer he will have to do SAT prep also. I'll keep that a secret for now. LOL

Genie -- "just a pet". Send those people to me. I'll straighten them out. You loved your kitty -- I love my animals. They are living breathing creatures who show us love & affection. I get so angry b/c people look at animals as disposable. Hugs girl -- again I'm so sorry for you & your family's loss.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

Goord morning and Happy Thursday. It seems like Moan-day to me cause it was a holiday here yesterday.

Sandra, life is almost back to normal. Long story short have some uninvited house guests staying with me 5 weeks now, they leave on Monday. Need I say any more?

My personal weatherman (other wise called dh) thinks the storm will turn north before it reaches anywhere near us or actually die out. Hope so - can't manage any drama right now.

Genie, The Atlantic Hurricane season runs from June 1 - Nov 30. But a hurricane may form at any time outside that period. August/September is usually when things heat up for us here, one storm after another. I can manage the rain it is just those hurricane force winds that scare the daylights out of me. Of course having lived in a tropical country all my life, I've been through quite a few hurricanes - each one is different.
Fingers crossed, and it's still early days yet.

About the VLB weekly challenges, I've been on VLB what 3 years now and I don't think I have ever done more than 5 challenges. And I haven't been kicked off yet.....lol

Have a good day ladies. Be good and stay safe. xoxoxox

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:

Genie -- "just a pet". Send those people to me. I'll straighten them out. You loved your kitty -- I love my animals. They are living breathing creatures who show us love & affection. I get so angry b/c people look at animals as disposable. Hugs girl -- again I'm so sorry for you & your family's loss.

DITTO.
And those "houseguests" I mentioned? They hate animals. So you know that doesn't go down well with me and my 2 doggies. Although the little one who is 10 - her mom does not allow her to go anywhere near them, but I have caught her playing with them when the mother isn't around. Isn't that sad?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cveira

Morning ladies!

Christine, I sure hope that storm misses you all. You need to get those houseguests out of there!

Sandra, the meds did help with the ear infection...still amazed that I had one because i haven't had one of those in years. However, the meds didn't cure the cough. Went back to the doctor on Monday, got a steroid shot and two more meds to take. I can really tell a big difference this time so I am hoping the cough is just about coughed out! Thanks for asking!

Eileen, glad your son had a great trip!

I am one of those that doesn't do many of the challenges either, Christine. If it fits what I am currently working on, that's fine, and if it doesn't, that's fine too but I don't do a layout just to meet the challenge. Just don't have the time for every challenge even though I would like to do more of them.

Have a great day ladies!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 08-02-12 05:55 AM
In response to Anna C

LOL, I think that is the second challenge I have ever done for VBL too!!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Anna C

In the past, I have gone back and done challenges from months before when I finally have something that fits. -- I am ridiculously ocd though - not at all normal. LOL

Genie - thanks about Cassie. Everyone at her school, and I mean everyone, wears Birkenstocks with their uniforms. So between those and flip flops at home in the summer and dance shoes, the kid wears nothing with any support ever. This is going to be a rough transition for her.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

D2O...TFL!

***FUNTOOLAS*** HAY By Anna C

***FUNTOOLAS***Kate By Anna C

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Anna C

mini bomb alert!!

three to share today--

'tweet, tweet! Good morning!' By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

uh oh! By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

quiet and cool By Twinlets Mama

and, that concludes my mini bomb. For now.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies,

Please keep my family in your prayers, my sister just lost one of her sons this morning. He's one of her twins and the father to my grandniece & nephew from all the LO's I've posted here. He just went in his sleep. They just celebrated their 38th b-day on the 31st. My hearts hurts so much right now, especially for my sister.

Please tell your family members how much you love them today & everyday...life is truly too short.

Not sure when I'll be back online, I may just skip the rest of the month. This will be my 3rd funeral in 4 months.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics