AUGUST is here! Time for sign ups!
Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to AUGUST's Anything Goes Challenge!
As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.
SIGN-UPS will be open until AUGUST 10th.
If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than AUGUST 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).
Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
1020 SAINT JULIEN DR
KENNER, LA 70065-1968
Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
[email protected] il.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45
PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)
1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.
2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.
3. Random Drawing of All who Complete the Monthly Challenge: Complete the monthly challenge as well as meeting your monthly LO goal and you will be entered into a random drawing for this prize!
4. Most Daily Challenges Completed: A new daily challenge will be posted everyday. If you complete the highest number of daily challenges and keep track of how many you complete in a blog on sb.com during the month, then you will be eligible for a prize in this category. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing using random.org. Daily challenges are usually meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete the daily challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on the same project. (PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.)
5. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.
***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****
Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!
**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3, 4, and 5 of prizes!**
WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 10th of the month!
~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after AUGUST 1st count towards your total points and layouts.
~This challenge ends on AUGUST 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.
~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).
~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.
~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.
~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.
Note on embedding:
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.